PP-F5] The Gathering (Material RGQ)

Itzal nodded his consent.  Having to fight your own sibling who blamed you for something bad was had to manage in any case.  Itzal sighed As it was time to reveal his secret.  'Let me fight the skeleton after this FelixUlises said.  Mentally he nodded.  'very well, as long as you dont lose control and treat Jonathan as an equal.  They reached an agreement and Itzal told Jonathan the details.  he explained how the last demon was anger and how his anger had become a split personality when Itzal entered the game.  Jonathan didn't seem to believe him though.

"When we fight that skeleton you'll see.  Ulises.  That's his name.  Wants to show himself and talk for a brief moment".  Ulises grunted but accepted.  "If you could draw it's attention Ulises and I could prepare."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan nodded, at Itzal. Ulises. A split Personality? Now he was certain, his friend was crazy. Jonathan turned to the skeleton. He unsheathed his sword, and moved his shield to his wrist. Jonathan took a deep breath. I just need to gather attention. Jonathan charged forward. He slashed forward, but the skeleton moved, throwing Jonathan off balance. The skeleton chattered and slashed at Jonathan. Jonathan deflected the blow with his shield. The large Skeleton took damage though. He moved out of the way for "Ulises" 

Spoiler

Jonathan 43/44 10/11

Itzal ?/? 

Skeleton 40/40 8 MIT 15 Damage

65493 BD:5 MD:6 

Edited by Morgenstern

OOC-  really?  Jon finds out Itzal has a split personality in the game and thinks he's crazy?

As Jonathan took on the monster face to face, Itzal reminded Ulises of every restriction and rule as Ulises got adjusted.  Finally Ulises convinced Itzal that he knew his restrictions and that he wouldn't do anything stupid.  'I'm not letting you do this often, I hope you know that.  In fact I honestly hope I never have to do this again.'  Ulises grinned.  'Ah don't worry, I completely understand.  Who would want to give up control of their body after all?'  Ulises drew Retributor and pulled the hood and mouthpiece over his face and turned to the skeleton.

"Hey Bonemeal!" he shouted.  "What will spill out if you bleed?"  Not waiting for an answer he charged his opponent with amazing speed and unleashed the sword art star quint prominence, completely shattering the skeleton's right arm and giving it the bleeding effect.  As bone meal poured out, causing the skeleton to flinch and afterwords freak out.  Ulises laughed.  "Well would ya look at that!"  Although the monsters mit blocked some of the damage, it was still a devastating effect.  Ulises turned and nodded to Jonathan to finish the job.

ID#  65494

BD:  9

Result

---------------

Skeleton:  12/40  (base 5 dmg + crit + star quint prominence - 8 mit = 28 dmg.  Stun effect added)

Jonathan:  43/44

Itzal:  52/52  <>  4/13  (- 9 start quint prominence)

Edited by Itzal

As Jonathan jumped out of the way he heard a deep roar of a voice. He turned to see Itzal, but his stance and figure was nothing Like Itzal's. The figure charged forward with an amazing speed. Ulises slashed forward, shattering the Skeleton's arm. The character nodded to Jonathan. Jonathan nodded back and dashed forward. He Somersaulted forward off of his shield, He smashed into the skeleton with his shield, then immediately slashed forward with his sword twice. The skeleton shattered. Jonathan took a deep breath and sheathed his sword. He looked back to his friends/friend? I don't know anymore... 

Spoiler

Jonathan 43/44 7/11

Itzal 52/52 

65510 BD:10 MD:1 CD:6 No Regen  LD:7 No loot. 

+1 Material (If you want it you can have it I guess)

Edited by Morgenstern

Ulises took a few breaths to calm himself down.  He enjoyed the fight, the adrenaline, the thrill of battle.  He took off the hood and mouthpiece and grinned at Jonathan.

"Nice work there Jon!  You really are skilled with a shield."  And with that he began to switch with Itzal, as their deal was he could fight but not really talk with Jonathan as it would get really confusing for the poor guy.  'I like him' he told Itzal as he returned to his little section inside him.  Itzal shook his head.

"Sorry, he insisted.  He's a show off but that was truly the only time he acted physically other then.  When Velnia died..."  He took a deep breath and tried to explain what he and Ulises believed caused this occurrence.  He told him that there was a dramatic part of his young life that planted the seed of anger towards murderers and it slowly grew over time.  After he entered SAO the nerve gear had time to analyze his thoughts and feelings long enough to prepare for the quest calming the soul.  Once it was prepared the nerve gear could send thoughts to Itzal's head and much more.  Once he confronted his demon of hate it had taken the form of a split personality.  "That's what we think at least.  If it's true then he would only exist in immersive virtual reality games.  I was thinking of creating games in the future actually.  This turn of events gave me one or two ideas."

Jonathan listened as Ulises Complimented him. Then Itzal spoke again causing Jonathan to flinch at the voice change. Jonathan sighed. He felt bad when he said the only other time Ulises had acted was when Velina died. Jonathan sighed. Jonathan listned as Itzal explained his reason for the split personality. It made a bit of sense. So, How about we head back to town and have a little rematch. Jonathan and Itzal. NOT Jonathan and Ulises. Jonathan smiled. Itzal's stats were much higher but Jonathan had invested his more in for Combat. .Problem was is that Itzal was almost Impossible to hit. And he had Rank three Sword Arts. This would be another hard to determine fight. 

OOC- We could either do the duel here or in the pvp section I'm fine either way

When Jonathan mentioned a duel with Itzal and not Ulises, his split self bellowed in laughter, completely agreeing with him.  Itzal believed that part of the agreement was that Ulises wasn't actually at full strength yet.  He was only at half strength when they fought in the quest and when Itzal beat him his strength drained out.  Since then he'd been attempting to work with Itzal as well as regenerate his strength.  He was definitely making progress though.  Itzal smiled and even chuckled.

"Sure I'd love to!  I haven't made much progress but I intend on getting stronger in the future."  As well as an enhanced bracelet for combat he thought pleasingly to himself.  Just make sure it's not made of flowers Ulises growled, causing Itzal to smile.  He sheathed Retributor as they made their way back to town.  He wasn't at all worried now from the sight of other players.  In fact he was beginning to welcome it.  Then he recalled something he thought Jonathan should know.

"Hey, uh.  When I was wrapping things up in floor one.  I, well.  I kind of ran into a new player.  She really needed help so I did, sort of and.  Um...  She asked if I could mentor her."  Itzal recalled how after he had accepted she began calling him senpei, which felt really weird for him.  "Maybe when you get the chance you could help me out?  I've never taught anyone anything in my life after all."

OOC- she had said that If I wanted I could invite others.  I feel like it was an indirect way of asking for other players though

OOC, We have to make fifteen more posts after the time I killed the Skeleton, or the RGQ is Invalid. 

Jonathan watched as Itzal chuckled. I wonder what it would be like to have a conversation with yourself? Jonathan checked all of equipment. This would not be an easy fight but Jonathan was going to win this time. The he heard Itzal say something. The boy said that he had run into another player. Jonathan moved his attention from his menu. The he said, that she needed help and asked Itzal to mentor her. Jonathan smiled moving on the offensive with words. "Ooh, Itzal has got a girlfriend eh.... And you're going to show her your sword skills huh?" Jonathan laughed for a second, cracking up. No, sure I'll help you. I only have one other friend other than you, and he is in the middle floors so you're the only one down here." Jonathan looked back to his menu. He sent Itzal a duel request. He unsheathed his sword and put his shield in front of him. This time Jonathan would no lose. 

Spoiler

Stats

Lv.11 HP 44 Energy 11

5 Base DMG

17 Mit

2 Thorns ( Deals  14 damage when Mob/Enemy hits a non-critical hit)

1 Regeneration ( Heals you 9 HP  after every attack turn from your opponent on a CD roll of 6 or higher.)

If you need to know anything else check my first spoiler in my Signature

Itzal heard Jonathan and his face reddened just slightly.

"No she's not my girlfriend!  She's five years younger than me, she was scared and-"  Oh come on!  You've got to see he's pulling your leg!  Realizing Ulises was right he shut his mouth and noticed the duel invite.  That was when he noticed that they were in the town.  Shaking his head he focused on his opponent.  He'd need a new strategy now that Jonathan had his shield.  He could create a tactic or two but he'd need to think fast.  He tapped accept and drew Retributor, pulling his hood and mouthpiece up while he did so.  It may not intimidate Jonathan, but he'd like to avoid his face being read.  If Jonathan made that mistake however, Itzal could read his next move.  He just had to stay focused.  3...  2.... 1....

Spoiler

Stats

Lv 13.  52 hp (cut in half is 26)  13 energy

5 Base dmg

3 MIT

+1 accuracy

+2 evasion

+1 energy (recovery)

+1 energy (meditation)

ID#  65549

LD:  20  (If we aren't doing the *highest ld goes first I wasted this beautiful role!!!)

Edited by Itzal

OOC I forgot to roll and since you got 20 Im not even going to roll... Are we still okay with slight god modding?

Jonathan waited for the time ran out. He stared at his opponent. He analyzed the boy's stance. The time counter hit 45 seconds. He looked at Itzal's face which was bright red from Jonathan's joke. The boy pulled up his hood and mouth piece. Jonathan seen the boy he had met at first. The one that struck him as a player killer. Masks masked things and changed everything. 30  Seconds. Jonathan looked at Itzal. Wait How old is Itzal? He can't be as old as me and I am eighteen... Jonathan took a breath and focused. 15... Jonathan sighed and analyzed the boy's stance looking for weak spots. They would quickly dissapear with Itzal's speed. Jonathan let the boy advance.  

OOC- Yes godmodding allowed

Itzal charged but not nearly at full speed.  He was saving his energy.  He wanted to see what Jonathan's tactics would be like now that he had a shield.  With this in mind he kept his real tactic a secret and made the same attacks he used the last time.  Except that he would not use the technique Ulises, as he now found, had created where the blade would never cease to swing.  He told Ulises never to use it unless lives, real lives were in danger.  Ulises swore he wouldn't.  He watched as Jonathan moved the shield ever so slightly to deflect each and every attack swung.  When Itzal pretended to overextend himself Jonathan sent a counter attack and Itzal dodged.  Blocks and counter attacks.  Like one of the lightsaber forms from star wars except with a shield.

ID#  65553

BD:  4

Result

--------------

Nothing changed

Jonathan:  22/22  <>  11/11 energy

Itzal:  26/26  <>  13/13 energy

Edited by Itzal

After deflecting a volley of swipes from Itzal's sword. Jonathan smiled, then pressed the attack. Jonathan dashed forward at the figure. Jonathan moved just fast enough to get through Itzal's speed. Jonathan batted aside Itzal's sword. Jonathan slashed in the shape of a rhombus, ending with a hard blow, slamming Itzal into the ground. He watched as the paralysis symbol appeared on the opponent's health bar. He walked over to the boy. Much has changed Itzal... Last time you kicked the crap out of me. Jonathan laughed and awaited Itzal's response. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 22/22 5/11 <<Horizontal Square>>

Itzal 9/26 13/13 Stunned

65554 BD:8-2=6 CD:8 +9 HP

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal was a bit shocked, but a bit proud of how his opponent took the advantage of his starting off easy and did a good piece of work paralyzing him.  Obviously his sword had that specific trait and he never knew.  After the stunned attack he knew that the fight was over.  He could feel Ulises stirring uncontent within and quickly promised that he would do a rematch for him.  When we fight in the rematch I'll be watching to help you out.  You may be proud of him but I hate losing.  'As long as you don't take over I'm fine with that.'  He smiled at his friend.

"I underestimated you.  But Ulises won't let me give up that easily.  I call a rematch after this, just like you did with me ok?  And trust me, when I get better gear I'll whip you good." he finished with a smile.  Then he thought of something.  Since Jonathan was a tank he felt it was slightly unfair.  With both the armor and the shield he felt like he was at an unfair advantage.  Still, he was doing this to strengthen his skill, not necessarily win.

Edited by Itzal

OOC just to make It clear, it was a sword art not my sword...

Jonathan listened as Itzal struggled to form the words, that he had underestimated him. Jonathan smiled and thought. Jonathan looked down at Itzal. I have wanted to be better than Itzal in a duel all this time, but I still find no greatness in this. I find no joy in this... Where was me wanting to beat him all of this time. Jonathan took a deep breath and took a step forward. He plunged the sword into his opponents chest. He watched as Itzal's health quickly fell. It stopped at half and Jonathan brought his sword out of his friend. Well, that almost went as quick as out first duel huh? Jonathan looked at his stats. His health was still full. But his energy had not restored since they were not in a safe zone. Itzal's health had though. I need to restore my energy a bit before the next duel.... Should we look for a few materials then head back to town for our next duel?

Spoiler

Jonathan 22/22 4/11 <<Snake Bite used>> 

Itzal -2/26 -11 HP 

65556 BD:10 

Edited by Morgenstern

When Itzal felt the sword pierce him he could almost hear Ulises roar in frustration even though he kept himself from doing so.  When he lifted Itzal from the ground he grinned.

"Yeah, the element of surprise went to you this time didn't it?"  When he heard about gathering more materials before hitting the town he nodded.  "Sounds good to me!"  As they walked slowly but surely to the town he kept an eye out for anything that could be a potential material.  Stone, ore, herbs, fruit, crystals, etc.  But saw nothing.  As he kept walking however, Ulises was making a mental list of techniques they could use against Jonathan.  Itzal had to admire Ulises' determination, but he continued to remind him that they were friends, not enemies.  Despite everything he said though, Ulises persisted.

ID#  65557 (man this would have been perfect in the fight!)

LD:  10

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan laughed as Itzal said that as Itzal said that the surprise went to Jonathan that time. Yeah, and I still have at least two, tricks up my sleeve. Jonathan grinned. He scanned his surroundings for any possible materials. Herbs fruits bones, rock anything. Sadly, this was one of the things he had the least luck with. He scanned in the dirt, dead tree logs, even the one they had sat on. He managed to find... nothing. Jopnathan sighed and looked to see how Itzal was coming up. 

65558 LD:14 SO CLOSE

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal scanned the border of the forest as they walked and never spotted one thing.  He listened carefully when he mentioned a trick or two and Ulises summed up that it must be his shield.  I noticed how he was hoping for the monster to hit it.  The shield could have thorns on it.  Itzal nodded, understanding how devastating that could be to Itzal, who not only had low health for fighting a tank, but had poor mit.  He wasn't built for this kind of fight and was knowing more and more that it was an unfair combat situation.  Once again though he was fighting out of fun and practice, not to win...  Still, once he received a combat bracelet things would be different.  And when he had enough combat skills he might try convincing Jonathan to let him use an mit potion to even the scales.  He noticed that Jonathan was a little upset from finding nothing.  He shrugged.

"Without plunging into the forest we're just seeing areas all the players do.  This road could have easily been picked clean."

ID#  65572

LD:  11

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal found nothing as well. I suck at finding materials, if Itzal Can't find any, I am afraid they are not here. Jonathan sighed and checked the ground. He looked into the snad. This area was probably picked clean, when the front liners were on this floor. He checked the area again hoping for some luck. Jonathan sighed and just ended up prodding the log. Jonathan sighed and said, Yeah, my energy is almost restored so maybe we should start heading back to town. 

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal nodded.  The area had nothing for them unless they traveled into the forest and he doubted Jonathan wanted that.  As they made their way over to town he decided that once they fought again, and Itzal knew the full capabilities of his friend's shield, he'd have a talk about fairness with him.  If it really did have thorns then it wouldn't be fair but he knew Jonathan was hiding something.  He knew the shield didn't just have thorns.  Again he didn't really care but Ulises hated tanks.  He hated them because they just hid behind shields and thick armor.  Itzal reminded him why they did so and that if Ulises had to fight huge bosses if he would want armor and shields to even the odds.  After hesitation Ulises apologized.  As they neared the town Itzal mentally prepared himself.

ID:  65574

LD:  5

(that roll was for mat still have to roll to see who goes first)

Edited by Itzal

As Jonathan headed back to town, he contemplated on fairness. Itzal did not have a fair battle with Jonathan's shield in play. With thorns dealing damage And regen healing me as I go, Itzal will never win. Jonathan sighed and unequipped his shield. He had it made to defeat every opponent he came across. Even players. The battle would be more fair now. Jonathan stepped into town. He sent a duel request to Itzal and awaited. 

Spoiler

Lv.11HP 44 Energy 1

5 Base DMG

12 Mit

LD:15--- Are your serious!

Edited by Morgenstern