PP-F5] The Gathering (Material RGQ)

Itzal accepted the invite.  As he took his position he and Ulises were surprised to see that Jonathan had unequipped his shield.  Mentally the two of them looked at each other curiously.  Perhaps he came to the same conclusion?  Ulises suggested.  'Yeah, maybe.'  In truth Itzal didn't think it was just that.  As he studied Jonathan's face he wondered if he had what Itzal saw in him:  the heart of a true knight.  Honorable and just, brave and ready to take anything down but at the same time honors a fair fight.  Yes Itzal's evasion could be a pain, but so was Jonathan's armor.  Still he had become very skilled with the sword and hopefully would grandmaster at some point.  He intended to get his armor and stealth skills a little higher first though.  This time he'd let Jonathan charge him, but he had to do his best to avoid the sword at all costs.

Spoiler

Level 13

Base dmg:  5

MIT:  3

Energy:  13

Evasion:  2

ID#  65576

LD:  12  (your turn to go first.  No crit on first hit ok?  Just like last time  XD)

OOC- I'll need to get started on the day's chores after this post, but I'll be back this afternoon and definitely the evening ok?

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan waited as the boy accepted the duel request Jonathan readied himself. It felt a tad off without his shield, but he used to not have a shield. 45 Seconds Jonathan stood, analyzing more weaknesses. Without his shield Jonathan really did not have much on Itzal. 30 The fight ended up to be seemingly fair. Jonathan excelled in Mitigation and Itzal in evasion. Jonathan sighed. 15 Jonathan counted the seconds and locked eyes with his opponent. Hopefully this time the fight would not be that brief. Itzal made no movement, so Jonathan dashed forward. Speed was the only way to hit Itzal. He slashed forward, knocking Itzal's sword out of the way. Using his momentum and slashed Itzal's chest then slashed upward knocking him feet in the air. Jonathan had not stunned the kid just to be fair. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 22/22

Itzal 1/26  5+2=7x4=28-3 =25

65579 BD:10    OOC I really tried, sorry. XD

Edited by Morgenstern

T

Itzal was surprised at his friend's speed and was struck at the chest, knocked into the air.  As he flew Ulises screamed in his mental ear but he only grinned in response.  'don't worry' he thought.  The moment he landed he saw his health and knew that evasion and a higher speed would be needed.  Ulises was fast, but he used his raw passion to accomplish that.  Itzal could be just as fast but he needed no anger or drive.  With heightened speed and agility, plus the advantage of being short and now wearing heavy armor, he dashed forward in a way that appeared to have three paths he was about to take.  When he was certain Jonathan saw this he jumped at the last second, swinging Retributor in a star shape at Jonathan's neck, using star quint prominence, dealing the highest damage he could possibly inflict on his friend as well as granting him bleeding and stun, leaving his friend close to the state he himself was in when they started sparing this day.  As he landed Ulises nodded, apologizing to Itzal and realizing that he wasn't stupid after all.  When he landed he realized too late that the attack had past his friend's mit greatly and ended the duel there.  Then again his friend had managed to land a critical hit on him and bring him down to nearly half health.  Then he recalled something.  Jonathan had made a movement that was slight but still recognizable.  He avoided stunning him.  This made Itzal feel bad about what he did and Ulises felt cheated since he felt their victory meant nothing if it was easy level.

ID#  65580

BD:  9

Result

--------------

Jonathan:  -2/22  (base 5 + 1 + star quint prominence - 12 mit = 24 dmg)

Itzal:  1/26

OOC- Sorry but I had 1 hp.  What else would he do?

Edited by Itzal

OOC   C'mon, I was being nice! 

Jonathan readied himself as Itzal dashed forward, Although he felt completely defenseless without his shield. Itzal dashed forward, with mind joggling speeds. Jonathan finally targeted Itzal, trying to counter his speed, but Itzal leapt into the air striking his neck area, causing Jonathan to fly into the ground. He watched as Two statuses were inflicted but immediately dissapeared as the duel ended. Jonathan heaved himself up and smiled. You are not too bad yourself, but with that spped, I have always thought you should have a rapier. " Jonathan sheathed his sword and awaited to see what Itzal wanted to do next. 

Still panting from the adrenaline he walked over to Jonathan and patted him on the back.

"Hey you were amazing too!  You almost ko'd me there!  If you had stunned me that duel would have ended much quicker."  He grinned.  "Maybe next time I'll try fighting you with your shield ok?"  He sighed and thought about how to proceed from all that had occurred thus far.  "Hey Jonathan?  Could you do me a favor?  I'd rather like to avoid everyone knowing that I have a second voice in my head who can control my actions.  You're the only one I've told and I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible."

Jonathan was surprised a bit as Itzal patted him on the back. Jonathan smiled at his friend. Nah, I don't need my shield in my duels, just to keep myself and the others in my party alive. That is my secret oath. On my watch, nobody I care for will die, and anyone that harms them I shall kill. Jonathan listned as Itzal explained that he was the only one Itzal had told about Ulises. I, I don't even have any firends other than you to tell... Your Secret Is well kept safe by me... but I don't see how you can hide half of yourself. Jonathan looked away. He only had really ever met Kasier, Nathan, Emblem, who he no longer saw anymore, and Itzal. 

Itzal thought about what Jonathan said and nodded.  He too had trouble making friends in the beginning but now he seemed to be bumping into people all over.  When Jonathan mentioned how he couldn't hide Ulises for long he sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, well I know it's inevitable but I'd like to keep it hidden as long as I can.  Not to mention that I'm getting Ulises to refrain from taking over or persuade me.  He seems to like you as much as I do though.  I think it's your passion to protect.  He admires that."  He thought for a moment.  Jonathan was truly a good friend.  Itzal knew he would never back down in any situation but he also hoped that Jonathan would not push himself too hard or far.  And what he said about killing...  Itzal believed that unless it was self-defense or to protect someone from getting struck down that it wasn't worth it.  That a more peaceful solution should be found.

OOC We have passed twenty posts, so do you want to go ahead and kill monsters for 13 more posts? 

Jonathan looked out to the desert sands. It was a very interesting place to fight enemies. Jonathan looked over to Itzal. "DO you remember when we were dead low levels and fought those Goblins? Boy, death was at every verge. Now, with us combines, there is no low leveled might that can withstand us. Jonathan seen a few monsters roaming around. They would be easy picks for the rest of the day, Jonathan thought. Jonathan returned his gaze to Itzal and asked, "Would you like to go gain some easy materials?"

As Jonathan talked about the goblins memories came flooding back to him, causing him to grin.  When he mentioned fighting monsters Ulises stirred, getting interested again.  Itzal reminded Ulises that he would not actually fight but Ulises didn't care.  He reveled in combat, whether in it or watching it.  Itzal nodded.

"Let's take them down then!"  As they made their way out into the desert Itzal scanned the surrounding area looking for materials.  He smiled as he spotted a large rock with a deep orange crystal stuck in the side.  He drew Retributor and hit the area around the crystal once or twice and pulled the crystal free.

ID#  65615

LD:  16

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

OOC How do you keep two levels ahead of me? 

Jonathan watched as Itzal nodded about the mobs. Jonathan turned to look at the enemies. They would be easy enough. Jonathan reequipped his shield and stepped  out of the town. He faced the opponent. Two skeletons. One with a Sword and buckler, the other with a spear. Jonathan smiled and charged forward. The Skeleton with the buckler took notice of him and readied itself. Jonathan smiled. Jonathan dashed forward, batting the Skeleton's shield and knocked it off balance. Jonathan quickly struck the Skeleton twice, then spun to the other Skeleton striking twice, Completing a square. The skeletons fell back. Jonathan put his shield over his head for Itzal to vault himself up into the air. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 44/44 4/11

Itzal 52/52

Shielded Skeleton 17/30   7 Mit    15 DMG

Skeleton 16/26    6 MIT    15 DMG

65616 BD:6 MD:3

Edited by Morgenstern

With the skeletons focus on Jonathan now, Itzal could make his move.  He dashed toward the two skeletons as he charged his sword art.  As he came upon the two he thrust Retributor repeatedly at their rib cages, shattering their bones with deadly force and ran by them.  He smiled as he had dealt massive damage despite their armor, finishing them off.  Hopefully in the future he would be able to deal one hit ko's.  Then again, as the monsters grew stronger he would probably need more bleeding than anything.  He knew that once he reached another tier he would change only the stats of his weapons.

ID#  65617

BD:  7

Result

-------------

Shielded skeleton:  0/30  (5 base + Sharp nail - 7 MIT = 23 dmg)

Skeleton:  0/26  (5 base + Sharp nail - 6 MIT = 24 dmg)

Itzal:  58/58  <>  2/14 energy (- 12)

+2 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal cleanly finished off the enemies. Jonathan sheathed his sword. Itzal had proved to be a better fighter than him. Also, Itzal was a rank higher sword master than him. He was probably going to stop at rank four, then up his other stats. Jonathan looked at Itzal and said, "Nice moves" Jonathan looked at Itzal's equipment. A perfect armor. Jonathan only had a uncommon armor. From the Worn out Welcome quest. Jonathan needed new armor to up his mitigation. Monsters were starting to deal a lot of damage. By floor ten, they would be doing quite a bit of damage to him. Jonathan looked at the sky. It was starting to get dark but they still had time.

Itzal grinned at Jonathan's compliment.  He was working towards grandmastering his sword skill but he decided that he'd stop at rank four, then work on skills more suited for scouting.  Perhaps he could help others with material finding or other scout based needs while working his way to the front lines.  He also needed to work on his armor level as well.  He saw Jonathan star at his armor and Itzal narrowed his gaze on his friends armor and noticed that it wasn't perfect armor.  That could be a problem, he realized.  If he got perfect armor his MIT would be much higher and Itzal would deal very minimum damage.  'Unless I can grandmaster my sword skill' he thought.

"You want to keep fighting monsters?"

Energy:  5/14

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan looked around the area. He seen a few more skeletons across the way. Jonathan was not to keen on that. Jonathan waited though. He needed to refill some of his energy. Jonathan looked over to Itzal. So, How are you? Jonathan then realized it had really sounded like a sarcastic question. Then Jonathan decided to change the subject. What skills do you plan to Grandmaster? I plan on Grandmastering, Armor, Block, Battle Healing, Sword... That all I have thought about so far. Maybe some evasion.... Jonathan looked at the setting sun. Evenin this world it looked real. 

Itzal grinned when he heard evasion.

"You know evasion isn't a skill right?  That's an enhancement.  As for skills, I plan on grandmastering sword and search & detect first.  Once that's done I plan to work on light armor, sneak, battle healing, and picking.  I'm close to grandmastering the sword but I think I'll get the first rank of search and detect first.  I want to be a scout for the front lines but I'm now considering fighting with them as well.  I'd choose a much safer way though, by sticking to the shadows until someone is in desperate need of help, and then jump to their needs.  I feel like I can make a greater contribution that way than any other.  As for the scout part, I'll search and find the bosses, find sub dungeons and chests, anything they need really.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll become their informant!"

Jonathan looked down. He really thought that there was an evasion skill. Maybe not, he really had not looked into it much. Than Itzal said he would maybe be an informant. Jonathan thought for a second. Itzal want to inform the front lines, not be fighting on it.... The way Jonathan was spending his skills, he would end up, the one in trouble on the front lines. But, until then. For now, I will be right here, helping the lower levels. I need to move up the players down here to be able to battle up there. Jonathan looked to Itzal. "So when we make this guild we have been discusing, I figured that we could have seperate parties that go out and train every week or so. Then the leaders of each group would be on the council. We need to at least partial ranking system where some are a little higher than others. Or else, everyone would be the leader.... 

Itzal listened to Jonathan.  He was a little surprised that the subject of a guild came out of nowhere but then again, he noticed it tended to do that.  Whenever it popped into their minds it seemed.  The more and more they discussed the more it seemed like a reality.  He nodded to Jonathan.

"I agree.  The only question is, who should the guild start out with?  I know you and I will be a part of it, as well as Alisa, but who else?  Adhae and Verus are obvious choices for me but I haven't seen them for a while.  Kasier is a good person, plus she's a healer.  Also, who will start the guild?  What will all the jobs be?  When I get a shop I can put up a recruiting board and since I usually hang out with a lot of new players I can work towards recruiting them as well.  If this guild's purpose really is to help new players then doing what I already do will make it easier.  And for the record, if your thinking I'm not going to help the front lines with boss fights I actually do intend to.  If a player is close to dying I'll use my stealth as an advantage and make a surprise attack on his or her assailants, giving him or her time to recover."

Jonathan listened to Itzal as he asked more questions. They both had an equal number of questions. Neither of them knew, half of the details. They just knew what they would do. Itzal had asked who else would be in the guild. Jonathan thought to himself a moment and then answered. 

I don't know, but we will have to find somebody. We need one more for sure person. I myself have been occasionally spending my time on the first floor, searching for players that might need help, or players that possibly might want to be a part of the guild. As for jobs, I would be glad to be a recruiter due to the fact that I will be the only one so far with the Howl skill, and that will make sure to keep new players safe. 

Itzal was about to mention that he spent a lot of time with new players as well but stopped himself when he realized that his friend was correct.  He was a DPS and was meant for quick blows that end the fight.  He could however help the recruits in the guild who required much assistance.  He nodded to Jonathan.

"I agree with you on that.  I think you'd be perfect for it.  Meanwhile I could help members within the guild, especially the dps members.  But I've noticed a multitude of players who seem content where they are.  If they are going to amount to anything they need a reason for helping the guild consistently.  Maybe a reward or benefit system.

OOC- Sorry for short post I can't post until break today.  Open monday to friday though

Jonathan thought at Itzal's new thought. Players need a reason, or an incentive to continue and help with the guild. They maybe could do Col.... What could they do. Then Jonathan thought about something. How about an awards system. When they complete something for the guild or become a higher ranking member they should receive a new mark, saying that they are a higher rank. The can have it with the mark of the guild that would be branded on their armor, or have a necklace or something. Speaking of which, I thought maybe you should become a tailor. We don't really have much, I mean we have Ariel.... But I think we should have a guild Alchemist Tailor and Blacksmith. I myself am already an Alchemist. Jonathan looked to the sky. It was starting to get dark dark. The sun was set, leaving a faint light in the sky, then the moon.