(PP-F4) Twilight Spectrum [Morgenstern, Itzal, Mossino, Kasier]

Jonathan listened to all of the players. It was beginning to get confusing... He had no idea what Kasier had just said,  two roles? What were they talking about? Jonathan stared a second in confusion. The only thing he had understood in that  was Kasier said strongest of each class should be the leader. No... He knew that would not work. Then some frontliners could just come down and take control of the guild. Jonathan put his hands in the air nd said, Wait, slow down everyone. I am completely lost. Okay, explains a little slower, so we are going to have Members, Sentinels, and  Council members? We are not going to have democracy... We will have four Council members and if we need a fifth vote we can get another Council member or whatever. Council decides, Sentinels lead smaller groups, Apprentices train with each other overmatched by the Sentinels or Council Members. Somehow, we have gotten into politics, we are not a government, we are a guild... Jonathan watched as Kasier got a whole bunch more of Ice cream . He shrugged. He did not care, he just wanted to get back into the track with everyone else. 

Correct me if I am wrong  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itzal nodded to Alisa, who seemed to be sharper in the tongue than Itzal was when it came to countering others points.  Then Jonathan made it perfectly clear that he was falling behind.  Itzal nodded as he repeated his point on ranks.  "Apprentices, but yeah," he said instinctively when he said members.  They were still in training after all he thought.  When he repeated his thoughts on the council he nodded but had something to add.  "Five council members:  One for each role.  A scout, a healer, a tank, a damage dealer, and an informant.  Shop owners, treasurer, strategist.  Those could all be jobs and won't count as council worthy.  Just a job.  I like it."

The conversation was once more going in a direction that was soon to head off a cliff. Indeed, the conversation was going nowhere again, and nowhere fast. She hated unpurposeful conversation but she adored it at the same time. However, the situation was not fit for the conversation that they are currently having. Once more, it was her turn to contribute to the conversation, or at least it was time once more for her to attempt to do so. The past few points that she had brought up were either to overrule another person’s point and once more, it was her to overrule points again. This time, it was Jonathan’s point.

Kasier smiled, switching her sight from Itzal to Jonathan. Itzal had contributed to the conversation, but only a little bit. The man seemed more concentrated on Mossino, giving her occasional winks and when he wasn’t looking at her, it was obvious that he was thinking of something that’s not really related to the matter at hand. With a sigh, she began to speak once more, “Jonathan, I hope you realize that this game doesn’t have a government. But somehow this game still has good order. Most people don’t go around player killing people… Why is this so? Because there are stronger players who might hunt them down if they do so. If we are going to become a guild, we are going to become the government.” Kasier said, with a smile as she started to nibble on the ice cream that had just arrived before pausing suddenly pausing and opening her mouth once more,

“In fact, eventually, we are going to become the government.” Power is everything in this game and there is absolutely no denying it no matter what. No matter what you say, the strongest players has all the power… The strongest guilds have all the power. This is reality, a reality that one simply cannot deny.

Alisa had nothing to state this time around, nothing to talk back to. What Kaiser said sounded ambitious yet highly plausible. Though she had no two cents on it, so she said nothing. Things were getting off of track, but what had been said seemed true. There would be a group of leaders controlling the sub-sections of the guild. The leaders of the sections would train newer recruits and or players who didn't know how to play their respective roles or what they wanted to know, and then join the ranks of the guild. It sounded highly self sustaining if it was pulled off properly.

The names of these positions weren't of the utmost importance, the basic structure is what needed to be finished first. They didn't a government in a day, and they surely didn't start with the names and titles. Shrugging lightly to herself, she pushes the bowl of ice cream away, finishing it with a rather happy look on her face.

Jonathan listened intently as Kasier made a speech about how power and government had worked. They would eventually become the government. She was in fact right. Power was everything in this game, no point in denying it. If they became a big enough  guilds they would have theneed for a government. Jonathan sighed. There was not even a need for titles for the ranks at the moment. They were getting no where.  He thought for a second before saying anything. There was something he did not mention. They had a name, now there need a mark, an Emblem. Jonathan hoped Kasier could hang through the boredom of it. We have one more official order of business. We don't really need titles for each rank at the moment, that can be decided at a later point. We need a mark for our guild. Or an Emblem as you might call it. If you guys don't have something else on your mind, I have this.    Jonathan movedinto his inventory and pulled out the quick sketch he had made the day before. It was a player cursor. But instead of Green or Orange it was black. I thought that it was a clever idea. Then for branding the mark on the clothes, since we are the Twilight Spectrum we could have a whole bunch of colored crystals on the marks. Gold, Black, Purple, White, Gray... All of the dark colors, and white. Jonathan smiled. He thought it was a clever idea. Hopefully he could get these guys onboard.   

Itzal listened to what Kasier had to say and was sad to say she was right.  Government would always be needed so long as they lived on an imperfect world.  He still liked Alisa's version though and hoped they could take that track.  He then listened to Jonathan and agreed with his reasoning.  Despite that he loved titles there were too few members in the guild to have them yet.  They would need many more recruits.  Then he mentioned the emblem.  This is where Itzal was getting really interested:  The symbol of the guild.  He let the anticipation rise up.  And was slightly disappointed at Jonathan's suggestion.  He thought it was clever, keeping to the spectrum concept, but there was a few issues with it.  It was such a simple shape that any outfit might have it on a shoulder or such, which of course would cause confusion.  Not only that but multiple people loved the same color.  And he'd rather have an emblem that showed their goal:  To help lift lower players higher.  A front line guild might have swords, or an animal that stands proud in their emblem.  They needed something that represented rising.

"Don't get me wrong Jonathan, I like the idea and it's a good one except for three things:  The first is that many players love the same color.  Now I know we can get by that small fact, but it is still a fact with two others.  I personally would like to have an emblem that is a solid symbol of what we do:  Help players rise.  A front liner guild might have a proud animal, or a sword or shield in their emblem, representing what they do.  And the shape is so common, anyone could have it on their outfits.  Yes while it wouldn't be common it could happen, and they would be thought to be in our guild.  It causes confusion.  I have no problem with the shape, but we need to add to it, and whatever is added I think should make people imagine assistance, or rising."

Kasier shrugged. Jonathan had suddenly switched the topic dramatically. No longer was the subject on ranks and such, it was now switched into the topic of logo which Kasier thought was to be the least important part of the guild. Like she previously stated, power was everything, and she still stands by that. This was the truth in history and in real life. Everything is depended on power. Period. However, they were weak, at least, so far they were weak and powerless. Eventually, though, they’ll reach the frontlines. Kasier has confidence for this group of players, so she’ll stay by them. That has already been decided. Kasier smiled, this sure is interesting… I wonder what might happen in the future. Kasier thought, thinking of all the possibilities that can arise as a result of this new guild.

But really, in the end, there are only two possibilities, success…. Or failure. Maintaining a guild is a hard thing… But I believe we can do it. Kasier thought, beginning once more to eat the ice cream that she had ordered. In terms of guild logo, she had no contributions. First, she wasn’t that much of a designer or even an artist. Second, she really didn’t care about the logo. Most players really don’t pay attention to logos, instead, they really pay attention to the purpose of the guild as well as those within the guild. If the guild members are not strong, the chances that someone join your guild is extremely low. This is why low-leveled guild has fallen so much in the past… And hopefully, this guild won’t be one of them.

Once again, she had finished yet another chocolate ice cream before she asked the waiter to bring a sword cleaner (Pretty much a piece of cloth). Despite the fact that she had yet to use her curved sword, it was beginning to get really dirty from all the walking that she does everyday.

Alisa pushed the empty bowl away from herself lightly, smiling, continuing to listen to the conversation. They did get rather off track, but, the general basis of the guild's principles had been formed. Of course, there would be hardships throughout the road of getting the guild running. Though, it seems they could probably pull it off rather successfully. Once they got an influx of new players as members, they could help them throughout the game, and pretty much have a big impact on the game. Sadly, the idea could easily crash and burn and become null and void. But, with the starting team they have it will most likely work out rather easily.

She gave a smile to the rest of the group. She had no input at the given time. But she agreed with some of their points. The logo didn't really matter, nor did the names. They needed to get the basics fully setup, then the names, then the logo. The logo is no unimportant it had no honest meaning. Though, she did start to think about what it should be.

OOC I seriously can't please you people. 

Jonathan listened as Itzal spoke next. The boy had three problems with his idea. Color. Jonathan thought about that. It was true, players tended to wear the same colors, the dark ones. The shape was also too common. Jonathan really did not see this one. He had not seen a single player with crystals on their shirt. The final one made since. The emblem of most guilds said something about what they do. Jonathan thought and pulled the colored pencils out of his inventory. He was going to fix all three. Problem with colors? Not anymore. He shaded the area behind the crystal white, so it left the crystal to stick out. If someone wore a black piece of armor, the white would show, and in the white square would be the Guild Emblem. Next two problems could easily be fixed. He drew Angel wings on the sides of the crystal. The shape was no longer common. And it represented players rising. 

Now, all three problems are fixed. White backgrounds can make anything stick out. If you wear your armor Itzal, the white square would be on your wrist or whatever, and the crystal inside. The Angel wings on the crystal make it so the shape is not common, and since it's a player crystal, and it has wings, it represents players rising. No problem can not be fixed. Except the impossible to fix problems. 

Jonathan showed the beautiful picture around, and looked at each on of their expressions. He had seemed to lose Kasier and Alisa. Kaiser looked very bored, and her face Cleary spoke for her. That this was meaningless. Jonathan sighed and put the picture into his inventory. 

So let's wrap this up and put and write down everything we have concluded about the guild in this meeting. Other than the fact the ice cream was good. 

Itzal conceded and nodded to his friend.  He didn't like bringing up points against him but he knew it was needed.  Even if he was wrong it would bug him until he came to terms with it so might as well start now.  The roles, the jobs, the general foundation, the award system.  All of the basics had been set.  And now even the emblem was made.  It was time for them to conclude and go their separate ways.  Itzal needed to get back to mentoring Alisa after all.  She had a long way to go but she was eager to push forward.  That always brought a smile to Itzal's face.  He grinned when Jonathan mentioned the ice cream and began to rise.

"Well if we're done here, Alisa and I have something scheduled.  Right Alisa?"  In truth he just came up with it but he knew that although she was nervous and shy every now and then, she was adaptable and had no problem taking on any challenge he had thrown at her thus far.  He nodded to Jonathan and Kasier.  "It was nice seeing you guys again.  Hope to see you more in the future!  PM me when you're ready to start the guild ok?"

Kasier watched everyone seemed ready to leave already. However, she still had so much to say. Well, actually, no. She wasn’t yet satisfied with the amount of ice cream that she had already ordered. Indeed, she wanted more, and to this point, Jonathan would still be the person paying for everything, which she was totally fine about. With a smile, she watched as the waitress came over to deliver the piece of cloth that she could use to clean her sword and cleanse it of the filth that had found its way upon it. With a smile and a flick of her hair, she unsheathed her sword and placed it on the table while eating an ice cream. One scratch with the sword could have the potential to give the target intense bleeding and even paralysis. Of course, this was why she cleaned the sword with absolute concentration and focus.

“Wait up everyone, we are talking about doing all this guild stuff but honestly, we barely know each other do we? A guild is like a family right? How about we all sit down and chill for a bit and we can converse about whom we are and our goals in this game? That way we would definitely become more familiar with each other and develop a good team chemistry that would be good during guild missions, tasks, dungeon raids and stuff like that right?” She said in a question-like tone but obviously, it wasn’t a question. It was more like a command.

With yet another smile, she began to slowly cleanse her curved sword, watching as it begins to glow back into life once again. She had yet to use the curved sword on anything but she had a feeling that soon enough, she’ll be able to use it, whether against another player… Or against a mob.

(Pls get this to 40 something posts so we can get the double SP)

The conversation was fully off track at this point, and Alisa agreed with Itzal. They did have other things planned for training for the day, and it seemed apt to go. Yet, the woman she had yet to meet stated they should probably stay and get to know each other. She nodded lightly, it made sense since they were going to be in a guild together. Though, while she was interested in getting to know Kaiser and Morgen, she was a bit too shy to start asking questions to them, so she continued to site there, a light smile still on her face.

The guild could work out. They had a strong base setup going, whether it could be pulled off properly or not was another question she couldn't answer herself. Things could go right, things could do wrong. Though, the act of helping new players or players that didn't know what they were doing was an honorable guild premise, and she didn't think many people could be mad at them for that.

Jonathan watched as Itzal try to grab, Alisa and go. Jonathan rolled his eyes and said, You can't go yet, just like Kasier said, we need to get to know each other. Speaking of which, we will create the guild in about a week. In the meantime, Itzal can finish his training with Alisa, because I have been waiting forever to take her somewhere, and maybe if Kasier is okay with it, we could party up? Jonathan looked at Kasier with a raised eyebrow. He did not know who she was anymore. He wanted to get to know her again. See if he crack the cold hard shell. 

In a week or so, we will all get together again, and I have been itching to fight a certain mini boss on this floor... I think If Oikawa would finish my armor sooner than later. We should have it quite easy. 

Itzal listened as Kasier refused to leave and almost frowned when Jonathan did as well.  He knew Jonathan fairly well already and he knew Alisa well too.  But his interest in learning more about Kasier had diminished after he had seen this change in her.  Plus the manner in which she spoke to them was none the gentle either, as if she were the one in authority, which of course broke the idea of having an equal council all together.  Nonetheless he was outvoted and refused to show his disappointment by shrugging and sitting back down.  He looked at Jonathan to clarify something.

"I appreciate you're faith in my teaching Jonathan, but truth be told it will be a bit of time before her training is complete.  I can't share the details of it now," he said glancing at Alisa with a soft smile, "but she's still got a bit of road ahead of her.  Still I do admit she's been doing remarkably well in the past few weeks.  Once she get's her armor and sword I have no problem with her joining us.  Just give me a few days to get her those and work on her sword talent ok?"

Kasier smirked as she watched Itzal sit back down again. Indeed, she knew about pretty much everyone here except for the girl and she had yet to know her username yet. At this condition, Kasier wouldn’t want to work with someone who she barely knew and hence, this interaction between the guild members would have to be necessary. Kasier’s amber eyes stared up ahead. She had finished her ice cream a while ago and was about to order more when she decided to take pity on Jonathan considering the fact that Kasier had already spent enough of his money on ten different ice cones. With a sigh, she continued to carefully clean her sword, her curved sword, and otherwise known as <<The Kasier’s Venom>>.

Kasier watched, as silence appeared to have found its way onto the table. The girl didn’t want to talk, or maybe she didn’t feel like talking was suitable. Then Jonathan talked about how they should go training. Finally Itzal, once more, spoke about Mossino and her training. In Kasier’s opinion, it was pretty obvious that Itzal was babysitting her. Literally everything he did was revolved around the girl. For now, it was fine, but in the future, the effects of easy life might take an effect.

Hence, Kasier began to speak once more, “Alright, when I was talking about having a conversation, I was more leaning on talking about ourselves in a more personal level… Not just about training. I’m sure we will be able to raid an easy dungeon or a mini boss right not. Her level can’t be that low… You have been training her for a while now Itzal, right? If we’re going to talk about training, I think we should get out there and do a quest or dungeon as a guild in order to develop chemistry in combat as well as a battle formation or something.”

While Jonathan and Itzal talk back and forth with each other, Alisa smiles lightly. It would seem like Itzal is babysitting her a bit, wouldn't it? Sadly, she would agree, but she needed the training most definitely. She was going to pay him back eventually whether it be helping with him quests, or in col, or whatever.

While the two men talked, she gave Kaiser a tiny wave, finally introducing herself while talking under them, "Hiya, it's nice to meet you...I'm Alisa." she simply states, slightly happy the introductions are over. She didn't like introducing herself, or talking, or being in public. Though, this was slowly being trained out of her as she felt she was useful, and not just some dreg of society.

She agree'd with the two about going to a dungeon or some form of raid in the future. But at their level unless it was filled with 10/10 HP boars they would probably have difficulty making it through without you know, getting hurt.

She wondered if the other women would even respond, or even heard her. Perhaps another day they could meet and get to know each other better.

Jonathan listened as Itzal talked about how Alisa still had more training. How could there still be more? It has been forever... Then Kasier spoke his mind. Itzal was babysitting the girl. She was probably high enough level to go with someone else now. Jonathan kept quiet to keep on everyone's good side. He looked outside the window at the freezing world beyond them. This guild might fail miserably... or we could end up pretty easily being the strongest guild in the game. If Alisa becomes a Damage Dealer, we have every class in the game right here. Jonathan listened to Kasier mention she meant to learn more about ourselves. Hello everyone, my name is Jonathan. I am a nice guy, that in this game wants to reduce the number of deaths and my stats are put in to make me a tank. I am starting a guild with a few friends of mine, called the Twilight Spectrum. Now, how is that for an introduction. 

Itzal frowned as the others obviously didn't care about his input on her training.  I'm the one training her aren't I?  He didn't feel comfortable with her doing a quest until she received equipment.  However...  He refused to let them decide how he was going to train her.  Advice?  Yes.  Suggestions?  He always listened.  But never would they decide how he should train her.  If they did anything behind his back, they would have some serious problems.  Very serious.  And while he didn't suspect Jonathan to do something like that, Kasier's behavior has changed his mind.  She doesn't seem to care about anyone really anymore.  It seemed that if she thought she was right then that was the end of it.  He'd need to keep an eye on her he thought.  Still, he didn't want to be nosy and he had no real evidence.  He decided to trust her...  For now.

"How about this?  After we wrap up here Alisa and I will buy her some equipment.  I don't feel comfortable with her going on a quest, let alone a dungeon, without proper gear."  He decided to talk to them both individually about giving advice and not telling him how to train her, nor to tell him she was ready when they weren't the ones training her.

"As for myself, you all know my name.  I'm twenty one, great strategist, love to talk about tactics, weapons and their styles.  I want to be a scout and supporter in the front lines and I want to protect everyone to the best of my ability.  I also like to be optimistic."

Kasier could tell that Itzal didn’t like her. She could see the looks that the man gave her when she contributed to the discussion of the guild. Indeed, it was quite an obvious sight. For some reason, he seemed suspicious of something that Kasier hadn’t done, or at least she didn’t think she had done anything wrong yet. In fact, she had really only met Itzal a few times so honestly, the man didn’t know a lot about her. With a shrug, she decided that it was her turn. She would forget about this because it was possible that she was just being paranoid and imagining this feeling. With a smile, she began to speak while unsheathing the curved sword into the case that it belonged in.

“My name is Kasier. I’m an eighteen-year-old girl from the United States. I don’t like giving away my real name… Maybe that comes after we get a bit closer. I guess I’ve changed a lot after coming into this game. Before this game, I was pretty innocent but then I realized that the weak will die and only the strong will survive. I know that working hard is the key to success but I’m just naturally a lazy woman so, yeah. I guess I pass off as strange to people who don’t know me for my weird actions but in the end, everything I do has its purpose and works out. Oh, and, did I mention that I find it pretty easy to read certain people?” She said, smirking as she leaned back against her chair. Honestly the introductions that the other players had provided weren’t that impressive to her. First, of all, all they did was really talk about their username and their role in this world and the guild but in a personal sense, they spoke of absolute nothing, and hence, they will not help with the guild chemistry.

Edited by Kasier

Alisa heard the others introduce themselves, but nothing was interesting until Kaiser replied. She believed in...what was it called? Survival of the fittest, there we go. The weak will never win and the strong always win. To be honest, that makes sense, but weak people in this game don't die as often as you think. Of course if you are low level, weak, and stupid, you will die. But there are lots of people who are weak who just stayed behind in the towns, doing other things, even having fun. She hate to admit it, but she was one of those people until recently. It was a harsh way to look at the world, but it would work. Kaiser was an interesting character...

Since everyone else was introducing themselves, Alisa might as well go ahead and do so as well, "Hello, I'm Alisa...I'm from France and I want to get to the frontlines?" She doesn't end confidently, but she got the sentence out, that is all that matters.

Edited by Mossino