[PP-F5] Becoming one with fire <Itzal and Morgenstern> <<The Traveler>> Completed

Itzal had just talked with an npc who was in a real rush.  She was gravely ill and her supplies would go bad within two days and she needed someone to gather them for her.  He told her that he would help her and accepted the quest.  When he saw that it offered a skill as a reward he decided to invite Jonathan so he'd get this 'survival' skill too.  He had no idea why it was called that though.

Message sent

Jonathan

There's a quest that I've started and it offers a

skill as a reward.  I wanted you to join me if you're

interested.  If you are meet me at the desert's edge

by the well.  It's a two day journey so I have supplies

for camping.

Itzal

Now that the message was sent Itzal made his way over to the well.  As he gazed out into the desert he wondered.  He loved the warmth but this heat was brutal, especially with Niger Natio's blackness.  Still he could manage.  It wasn't anything he couldn't handle.  What he was worried about was sandstorms.  They could be violent and dangerous.  He glanced at the skyline and noted that it was almost dawn.  He hoped Jonathan would arrive soon.

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan was asleep in Nimbus in his shop at his counter chair when an annoying ringing woke the boy up. It was a messgae. With a yawn he opened the messenger. It was a message from Itzal. He wanted somebody to do a rather long quest with him. He equipped his items, locked the door and walked out. He streched and headed toward the teleport pad. Floor five Jonathan tensed as he was exposed to the heat. He walked over to Itzal. First thing he notices was the wind. That was probably not good. He arrived and said, "Hey Itzal...I have arrived. " Jonathan accepted the quest so he would reap rewards as well. He looked outside the town. 

Although Itzal was enjoying the warmth he knew that as the sun rose to it's peak he would dislike the intensity of it.  So to cut the level of heat he switched his armor to his new clothes.  As the twilight cloak materialized around him he heard Jonathan's voice and smiled at his friend.

"Hey Jonathan!  Glad you could come!"  His smile wavered a little when he saw Jonathan's expression.  "Sorry if I woke you up.  I didn't mean to.  If you don't want to do this quest you don't have to.  I just figured you'd be interested in the skill given as a reward like I was.  Plus this gives us more time to hang out."  Ulises had not yet woken inside him and he was curious to how he would respond to the intense heat of the sun.  He always mentioned how passionate emotions made people hot and the fact that he was fueled on passion meant he loved and thrived in the heat.

OOC- Sorry for the long wait, I thought I clicked follow but it tricked me

Remember I'm on mobile

Jonathan listened as Itzal greeted him. Somehow the boy managed easily to realize he had been asleep. Jonathan rubbished back of his head. I needed to wake up anyhow...v Jonathan looked to the Sun.   It was early morning, so the heat would not cook them alive... yet. Jonathan watched as Itzal flipped through his inventory and equipped a new item. This must have been the new armor Itzal had been talking about. The work was magnificent. Jonathan smiled. He would probably end up getting some clothes from Ariel eventually, but he was focused on armor, and making himself stronger instead. Hanging out with Itzal. He was a very cool guy to hang with, he was just usually busy now. So was Jonathan. He had spent most of his time searching for people coming out of the shadows to help and train.

So, what do we have to do in this quest, you said it would be a long one? Jonathan eyes the sands, they would definitely be killer. A news skill huh? Hopefully it would be worth the while. He tapped the shield on his wrist then bbc.co pressed the minus button to make it vanish until he wanted it. Itzal was most likely stronger than Jonathan now...       

Itzal grinned at Jonathan's comment.  He used to wake up late in the morning but now he could hardly sleep.  He probably had six hours of sleep per night but it didn't seem to faze him....  So far at least.  He wondered how his friend would react to the news that they had to travel the desert for two days straight.  He was debating whether or not he should tell him bluntly or soften the blow.  Then, realizing there was no way to sugar coat this, decided to rip the band aid off.

"Basically we need to travel two days worth into the heart of the desert to recover goods before they go bad.  The skill given is called survival so I thought it would be worth it you know?"  Although he made sure not to show it, the clothes insulated design made him feel really cozy and he kind of wanted to go to sleep right now.  He wondered if Jonathan would be fine with the blanket Itzal had brought for the trip.  If he wasn't...  Itzal could technically lend him Niger Natio for the night.  It did provide more warmth than Jonathan's armor or clothes.  That plus the blanket would warm him up through the freezing night.  Itzal of course would be perfectly fine with his new deep purple cloak.

Two nights? Jonathan shrugged. It did not seem to be be too bad. He had never slept on any floor but one and seven. Jonathan eyed Itzals new purple cloak. He wondered what enhancements the cloak had. Well, let us not wait our entire day, we should get started, we can talk on our way.   Jonathan had water if Itzal needed it.  Jonathan looked over in the Sandy wastelands. There was another quest here that Jonathan had planned to take Itzal on. Blood in the sand. When Jonathan got his new armor, he would make sure to invite him to it. Jonathan sighed and readied himself. It would be a lot of walking. He limestone boy and said, After you

OOC- I'm on mobile so I am not sure if that was a short post, of so sorry    

Itzal nodded to Jonathan and looked at the general directions, deciding which way they should start walking.

"I think she said it was over there," he said, pointing to.  Literally the middle of nowhere.  "She said that as long as we're heading for directly between those two mountains we should get there."  And with that they began walking.  As they walked Itzal pondered on his armor's color and how it would not help whatsoever to blend him into this desert, nor the snowy world below.  Niger Natio wasn't green but the forests cast many shadows and caves were naturally dark, making stealth easier in the floors below.  He pondered if he should make an outfit for lighter colored areas such as the desert and snow when he spotted a large like ore sitting half buried in the sand.  He smiled as he stored it in his inventory.

"This might be a worthwhile trip," he thought.  "So how have you been Jonathan?  Any other quests recently?"

ID#  65902

CD:  1

LD:  15

+1 MAT

Itzal:  62/72

Edited by Itzal

Ooc you must add your CD if it is 1 you lose 10HP and unlucky you, your last roll was a one 

Jonathan followed Itzal, through the desert wasteland. Itzal had pointed out the two mountains in the distance, showing where the items were. Jonathan looked around. Itwas really hard tonsee and move forward due to the wind and sand shoving him back. He put his shield in front of his face to block the sand from hitting him. He sighed as he walked forward, it really was going to be a long walk. Itzal asked how he had been and if he had done any quests recently. I have not really been doing much. Just been in my shop and on the first floor looking for people to help. I am waiting for Oikawa to finish my armor, before I take another Solo quest.      . So,  what have you been doing lately?     

65904 CD 10

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal kept his eyes narrowed as the wind picked up, bringing some sand with it.  He pulled out some spare cloth he had collected for the camp Alisa and he slept at.  It was very thin and they used it to drain the water out of plants they washed, but it always stayed clean thanks to the game.  It was fairly big so he tore it in two and handed Jonathan one.

"Here, wrap this around your eyes and mouth.  It won't keep all the sand out but it will definitely help."  As he wrapped his around his head he checked his eyesight.  It wasn't as good as before unfortunately, but his cloak's buffs made up for that.  In fact, he spotted an orange crystal nearby and stored it in his inventory.  He shrugged at Jonathan's question.

"Other than training Alisa not much.  We've finally established a routine:  In the morning we'll do push ups, sit ups, pull ups, mile runs, and a few other exercises.  After that we head out and fight one or two mobs and after lunch we go gather materials.  She's become a lot braver and more confident faster than I anticipated.  I'm proud of her to be honest."  He had to raise his voice slightly because of the cloth but he was sure Jonathan could hear him perfectly.

Cloth reduces Itzal's sight by 1:  Reducing his added sight bonus from 4 to 3

ID#  65905

LD:  14 + 3

CD:  8

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal took a cloth and tore it into two pieces. He handed one offensives to Jonathat and wrapped his over his head. He wrapped the cloth around his eyes and mouth to help keep the sand out. He was not choking on the sand anymore at least. But he could barely see. He squinted see through the cloth.   Hopefully they would make it to their destination and back by the end of the next day. He looked ahead at the two mountains. Then he heard Itzal walkabout his and Alisa's training routine. Pushups? Sit ups? He did not realize those even helped. Jonathan sighed. Itzal had done so much levelingbjust helping Alisa. Jonathan sighed and said ,   Ya know, I think you are just going to stay partied with her forever. She'll be a frontlines before you are done teaching her. Jonathan looked over the horizon. He really did not like this cloth. He was just going to have to deal with it though. 

65926 CD;9

Edited by Morgenstern

Despite Jonathan's praise Itzal shook his head.

"She's not going to make it to the frontlines by then.  The frontlines are just too high leveled.  Although you are right in a sense I suppose.  She's only in her basic levels of training.  Once she passes that though, I'll be seeing her less.  She'll be on her own training except every now and then.  Once a week I suppose, I'll take her on a new mission where I'll continue her lessons.  Until we've mastered sword, search and stealth skills we still have not become masters.  I'm getting a bit closer to mastering the sword but that's still a bit far away."  He paused for a little bit, imagining what it would be the day she became a sentinel, according to what they said in the meeting.  In truth, he dreaded the day.  "I almost don't want her to leave.  She's become such a big part in my life.  Even when I go on missions like these and let her know I feel like I shouldn't be here.  Like it's not right without her.  Maybe she'll want to stick with me after all?  I can only hope can't I?"  He sighed.  "Maybe this is a lesson of my own."  He spotted another crystal and picked it up.  Finding materials was much easier for him, but soon he would hopefully be able to find them anywhere at any time.

ID#  65924

LD:  15

CD:  5

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listened Intently as Itzal tried to explaexplain that Alisa was a part of him now. That it felt wrong being here without her. Jonathan sighed. He was right from day one. He was most absolutely sure that Itzal was so far into love, there was no escape. Jonathan looked at Itzal. It was hard to see him but he could make out his fface. You are in love... It seems the world is wrong without her... You can not escape your own feelings though. The only problem I have though. Is that she will become your new partner. And we will end up growing apart. This whole game will eventually be about her. Jonathan looked away. Itzal had been seeming to get distant. But it was even before she had come. He took a breath and kept pursuing forward. He choked on some sand. It burned and his health points dropped. The winds had really picked up.

Jonathan 50/60

65928 CD:1

Sorry for the short post had no ideas. 

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal listened to Jonathan and his face flushed bright red in half a second, feeling more hot than the sun did.

"I- wait no it- I don't-  I love her like she was my daughter!  I don't love her in that sense Jon!  Not to mention she's like six years younger than me!"  The red in his face deepened though he didn't think it could have.  "Don't embarrass me like that Jonathan, please.  She's such a sweet girl and she needed help.  She still needs help.  It's just that, well....  I've never had someone in the real world to hang out with.  I never had any friends.  And I feel close to her probably because, well.  She reminds me of my sister.  Their both kind hearted, but I see a little of myself in her too.  She has resolve whereas my sister had none.  The only thing she strove for was to make sure I felt better is all.  I like to feel Alisa has that same drive, but a little more.  My sister never played video games and that might be part of the reason."  He choked for a moment as sand passed the veil and he watched his health drop a bit but wasn't that worried.  He forced his glands to make saliva and used it to swallow the sand.  He couldn't risk spitting it or else more sand could get through.

"And you've been the best friend I've ever had Jonathan, even if it's only been a short time.  For one you didn't strike me down or keep away from me after our first spar."

ID#  65929

CD:  1

Itzal:  58/72

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listened to Itzal try to explain how he felt about Alisa. Using the excuse that he was six years older. Jonathan sighed. Young love... Jonathan laughed. God, you have got to be the weirdest person I have ever met... With a sigh he moved forward. How old is Itzal? Alisa can't be more than a year or two younger than me... He moved forward. So.... How many people have you met recently other than Alisa. I have not seen many players out recently. The players on floor one had dropped dramatically in the past week or so. He had stayed around waiting for his armor to be finished by Oikawa and looking for more players. Alisa had been the last player that came out and stayed out. He moved forward. 

Ooh this is getting hard to reply to.

Jonathan 53/60

65930 CD:6

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal let out a deep breath, relieved that the conversation was leading away from that uncomfortable topic, though he could feel that Ulises was growling at the weird comment.  He listened as he asked which players he'd met besides Jonathan.  To this Itzal became silent for a moment as he tried to compile a list of people.  Let's see, first was Verus and Adhae, followed by KoohThen we met that pker Teayre and the other girl Syn Ulises added and Itzal shuddered at the memory of the dark player.  He hoped she didn't give Itzal too much attention when he reached the front lines.  Speaking of which there was that other pker, a blacksmith.  What was his name?  Oikawa I think  Ah yes that's it.  Ariel too.  I liked her, she was nice.  And of course after them I met Jonathan and Kasier.  There was one player named Jazmyn I think?  Something like thatAnd that knight who helped us clear the area on floor 3.  Oh yeah, Emblem wasn't it?  Wow, we've met a lot of people haven't we?

"In the right order I think it was Verus, Adhae, Kooh, Teayre, Syn, Oikawa or something like that, Ariel, You, Kasier, someone named Jazmyn I think, and Emblem."  He smiled after he gave the list.  "If you don't know them I could share a bit of info."

ID#  65931

Itzal:  61/72

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listened as Itzal recited the names cleanly. It seemed to take no effort at all. Jonathan looked through all of them but only had found a few that he knew. Out of those players I know Oikawa, Emblem, and Kasier... I have met Nathan, Brax, Lessa, Emblem, you, Kasier, and Alisa... Most of those were in the very beginning. He looked back to the time that Nathan had been his partner. For level one he was there. Brad was a much higher level that had saved him. He could not really remember Lessa, but she had been the first to tell him not to solo. He did anyway. Emblem was the first person he had met after a while. He was not sure how most of these players were. He had not seen any of them recently other than his soon to be guildmates. He sighed and looked at his new partner. Itzal. He had changed so much recently. The boy was quite shy at first, he hid in an armor that cloaked him from head to toe constantly. Now here he was talking about it felt weird without a certain girl with him. Jonathan had felt weird with most people for a long time. Now here he was, constantly searching for new people. More people. Time changes. 

65952 CD:11 I should have used this for my shop...

Edited by Morgenstern

OOC- Sorry for the wait, trying hard to come up with something else to add XD

Itzal listened as Jonathan named the people he had met and noted that they each met people the other was not familiar with.  That was ok, it meant that altogether they met thirteen other players in total.  That wasn't a bad number at all.  He even smiled at it.  Itzal sensed that the conversation was hitting a dead end and decided it was time for him to ask a question or two.

"Ok, so how about you?  What are your plans?  You want to get to the front lines tank?  And what do you want to do besides that and your shop?  You have a hobby?"  Itzal loved to explore and talk with people.  That's another reason he loved being with Alisa:  He got both out of it.  Not to mention that being a scout gave him the chance to explore as well.  As he thought this he spotted yet another crystal and grinned as he picked it up.  This was going splendid he thought.  Then he recalled a question he'd been meaning to ask him.  "Also not to pry or anything, but is Jonathan your real name?"

ID#  65962

CD:  9

LD:  14 + 3 (cloak)

Itzal:  64/72

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan moved forward, looking at the sky, it did not really look any closer to dark as it had been before. He turned his head to Itzal, and was immediately bombarded with questions. Plans? I guess to get myself and most of the people in this game out alive. Progress my shop, sell potions... Frontliner? I do plan one day to be a frontliner. With being at the frontlines, I can help move this game forward, and help players up there. I might also get a unique Item. Which really would be awesome. Other plans. Create and work with a guild and bring them up to be as strong as the front liners. Then Jonathan changed his voice from regular to an evil sneer. Then, all players shall bow down to us, or be executed. We will rule Aincrad, and the Tri-State Area! Jonathan looked at Itzal with a smile from ear to ear. JK Jonathan walked forward. The Itzal asked one Final question. Is your really name Jonathan. Jonathan sighed. It was true. Jonathan was his first and Morgenstern was his last. It was German. Yes... 

65970 CD:2

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal listened as Jonathan answered, and nodded to each.  Finally when he mentioned ruling Aincrad he started laughing, and when he mentioned the tri-state area he could not help but howl with laughter at the reference.  Phineas and Ferb was such a great show and Doofenshmirtz was such a great and hilarious character.  He let his laughter calm down for a moment and when Jonathan answered the last question with yes he stopped altogether.  Noticed that he looked rather serious when he said it and although he didn't know why, he wouldn't pry.  And since he knew Jonathan's name it was only fair that his friend knew his.

"Felix," he said.  "My name's Felix."  He wondered what Jonathan would think about this.  Felix wasn't Japanese and he had been raised in Japan all his life, so naturally he acted and talked like a Japanese.  Still it was possible he acted like an American, though since he'd never visited his origin's he didn't know.  There was so much about his past he didn't know or understand, but neither did he care.  The past is history and nobody benefits from living in the past.  Yes it's good to know what happened so you do not repeat the same mistakes, but other than that it's pointless.

ID#  65969

Itzal:  67/72

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan moved forward until he heard Itzal speak again. Felix. That was his name. It was a very uncommon name. In fact he had never heard it before. Jonathan turned and smiled at Itzal. It was clear they both had enough trust to bring out the real world. So enough about myself... Plans? Frontlines? Anything Else? Are you going to make a shop? 

Jonathan had shot off the same ballista of questions back to Itzal. They were looking almost half way there. Something just did not seem right though. The fact that all they had to do was go and grab some stuff. There was something else in this quest. Like that other retrieve quest on floor four. Jonathan would talk about that next. 

The winds picked up and the sand blew into Jonathan, the sand felt like needles, and it hurt.

Jonathan 50/60

65971 CD:1

Edited by Morgenstern