[PP-F5] Becoming one with fire <Itzal and Morgenstern> <<The Traveler>> Completed

Itzal chuckled as Jonathan 'got even' by giving him the same list of questions.  He nodded to each of them.

"I want to make real, life lasting friendships in this world, keep them from dying, and not die.  I do plan on joining the front lines but in a unique way.  I want to be an official scout for them, as well as be a special type of supporter.  I'll stay hidden in the boss room until I see a player who needs help.  Then I'll use surprise attack and fend off the enemies until the player recovers.  As for other plans, training Alisa and anyone else who needs help.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll have my own elite squad of scouts.  And yes I want to open a shop.  I want to be a performer.  I'll not only sell buffed songs but I'll also be open for playing on formal occasions such as parties, weddings or even funerals."  He didn't try making a joke because frankly he didn't know what was funny or not.  It wasn't his strong suit.

ID#  65972

CD:  7

Itzal:  70/72

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan sighed as Itzal answered his questions. He had about the same plans as Jonathan but quite a bit different as well. Jonathan looked at his friend. The boy seemed to be lost in thought. Jonathan was really surprised when he met the boy. An actual scout. Most players wanted to deal all the damage. Get protected by the few players that were tanks, then stack up damage. Itzal, wanted to be more of a supportive player. Jonathan looked at Itzal and said, "Well, about a week or so ago, I was doing an errand for a NPC, and retrieving something he had dropped in the Base of a mountain. So I went there, figuring it would be a milk run. I got the Bag, then wondered, how did he just drop this here. I found a small amount of dwarfs, mining, and blacksmithing down in those caves. They were making some sword, that looked of Demonic quality. I moved forward, and found a final door. I opened it up and found a Frost Giant. I was wondering if you would want to come fight it with me. We should probably bring Kasier along as well. It looked like it came from a much higher floor. Then four. 

65973 CD:2

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal was surprised at the sudden change of subject, but listened intently to what Jonathan had to say.  He was talking about Itzal helping him fight a frost giant on a higher floor, possibly with the help of Kasier.  Itzal thought about it and realized that this frost giant might be a boss.  Perfect practice he thought.  He smiled and nodded.

"Alright sounds fun!  I've almost ranked up my sword skill too, so I'll be much more help that way.  Of course I won't grandmaster my sword until I manage to get the reveal mod from search and detect but I doubt I'll have reached the front lines until I master stealth anyways.  Not to mention I need to get battle healing too."  He looked up and saw that it was almost noon.  That meant that they were about halfway to the destination.  They'd have to pick up the goods, camp for the night, and return to the town before the goods spoiled.  Itzal didn't mind though.  The desert wasn't causing much of a problem for him so far.  The wind seemed to die down a bit so they could talk normally without fear of getting sand in their lungs.

ID#  65974

Itzal:  72/72

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listened as Itzal agreed to go, then talked about what skills he needed to get first. He was ranking up his sword skill fast. Jonathan still had a rank two skill because he was trying to rank up his block and Armor. Then going to upgrade those three to Rank three, then move to Battle healing and get that to rank two. It would be a hard, long leveling process though. Jonathan sighed. Itzal was getting to far ahead then him. Jonathan looked up and seen it was almost noon. It felt like they had already walked for the whole journey. Jonathan looked ahead and seen a rock. He unsheathed his sword and slashed it twice with a V. The rock split in two which satisfied him. So...  Jonathan could not think of anything. He usually fought things, not talk to others for hours. 

66002 CD:11

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal watched as Jonathan slashed at a large rock, splitting it in two.  He could tell that his friend was getting restless.  He wanted to fight something and probably wasn't good at bringing up conversations.  He was about to say something when he felt Ulises stir and groan inside him.  I like the heat but not when I wake up,  Itzal grinned and recalled something.  Kasier's transformation.  She had been a wonderfully sweet woman, but the Kasier he saw now was nothing like that.

"Hey Jonathan.  What do you think about Kasier?  Doesn't she seem...  Different?"  Itzal's thoughts were more along the lines of, doesn't care about other's opinions and gives the cold shoulder.  She used to be kind, sweet and lovable but that Kasier seemed to have left forever.  "And what do you think happened that could have changed her that much?"  He noticed a crystal that emerged from the large rock Jonathan destroyed and bent over to pick it up.  It was another orange one.  Guess all the crystals were orange in the desert.

ID#  66007

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan looked at Itzal when he heard his voice. It was about Kasier. Kaiser, the girl that wanted his help, finding materials so she could start a shop. They would've been there all day if Itzal had not recently given him some boar meat the day before. She seemed so happy. Then at the last meeting. The first guild meeting. They were not a guild yet, but they had a meeting. Kaiser had been very sour. It was like she a bed ten years in one week. Yes, she does seem a bit different then the first time I met her. First time I met her she seemed carefree. Like a Freshman on the first day of school. Now, she is very serious, like a senior in the middle of the school year.  Jonathan paused and listened to the next question. I don't know what changed her. It must have happened so suddenly. Maybe she is blaming herself for something? Jonathan kept moving forward. 

66010 CD:5

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal listened to Jonathan try to interpret Kasier's behavior and nodded. "A senior bully is the feel I got.  I feel like her only goal is to surpass others in strength.  Didn't you see her posture?  She was bored, she wanted nothing more than to fight something.  And despite what she says about her sword it was definitely meant for violance.  Her blade was sharper than most are.  I recognize that trait as my sword has it because of bleeding.  I have a feeling that isn't the only effect it gives off either.  Whatever changed her I think it was for the worst."  Itzal Didn't actually know all this one hundred percent but when discussing about things like this he kind of talks like he does without realizing it.  

ID#  66020

CD:  7

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan looked over at Itzal. He was putting his story on Kasier. Jonathan was also quite sure it was for the worst. She had turned malevolent. Jonathan sighed. She is one of the ones that is joining our guild though. The same girl we met at first. She just has a fighting purpose though. I used to at first be scared for her. I thought she would be picked off, like an Apple from a tree. Now, I think her as more mature, and I think she can handle herself. Especially since I believe that blade is meant to go against a tank. I don't think it's meant to do direct damage. I know for sure actually. When I first met her, she said that she could never directly hurt a fly.

66021 CD:11

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal nodded slowly to Jonathan's points and said no more on the topic.  Despite Jonathan's attempt to reassure him He still felt on guard about Kasier.  No matter what He intended to be prepared for the worst should it come.  He didn't like being caught off guard, especially now that he had an apprentice to take care of.  Caution was vital in this game, but as he knew you had to strive to live, not survive.  Enjoy the world you've been given as well as the people in it, and don't seek to cause trouble, but rather try and rid the world of it.  Sure you won't be able to make it completely clean but it's better than allowing corruption, hatred and fear to fill in every hole in the world.  That's how Itzal saw things.  He looked up and spotted the sun close to setting.

"Well how about we turn our attention to now?  It looks like it's going to get dark soon so we might as well set up camp.  I've got the supplies so I can set up the tents while you build the fire."

OOC- according to the quest it takes two days to get to the supplies

ID# 66023

CD#  9

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan nodded to Itzal as he said it was getting dark. Jonathan pulled the wood out of his inventory, and set it down. He made a circle of rocks, then set the wood in. He took a match and started the fire. Jonathan had done a lot of camping outside before he got a chair to sleep in at his shop. He sat down, and watched Itzal to see what he was doing. I wonder if he has a tent, or sleeping bags? I did not bring any of that stuff. Jonathan eyes advertised to the sun that was setting. 

66035 CD:2

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal pulled out the supplies for the tent and began to set it up.  He was perfectly fine with setting up the tent though usually he didn't have one.  The place Alisa and he usually camped had an overhang with elevated ground, so the weather could never bother them there.  Originally they only had one blanket so Itzal let Alisa use it.  Now of course they had two since he realized they would have to train in the cold later on.  He hated the cold but it was training and he thought that if she had to suffer he might as well too.  After putting the single tent up, as he did not have enough room for two in his inventory, he checked the ground and decided it was soft enough to sleep on.  He pulled out a long sheet so they would not wake up with sand in uncomfortable places and laid it on the sand inside.  He then pulled out the blanket as it would be freezing at night.  Once he was done he sealed the tent door and went over to check on Jonathan.  As he did he almost tripped over a rock and smiled brightly as he noticed it was a rare ore.  He placed it in his inventory and reached the campfire.

"Hows it going?"

ID#  66071

CD:  8

LD:  19 + 4

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

OOC last post would not let me edit it, last post CD was 66035 CD:2

Jonathan looked up as he heard Itzal's voice. The boy had a smile on his face. Jonathan looked at the boys hand and seen a rock. It disappeared almost immediately. He must have found another material. Then the boy asked a question. How is it going. Jonathan looked back to his roaring fire. The fire is going well, I am just fine. Hey... have you ever thought of the fact that we would be fighting the floor bosses one day, and that our guild, might turn out to be the strongest one? Just think, the frontlines only consist of about twenty people. Our guild might double that number. Jonathan turned to Itzal. They might one day be the strongest players. Jonathan sat on the soft sand. With a sigh he looked back to the vast desert. They had already traveled a whole day. They were still in one piece. He pulled out the sketch of the guild Emblem and started to work more on it. He drew as a hobby. He had already been good at playing the Piano and drawing, so he wanted to try something new. That was why he was an Alchemist. 

66093 CD:8

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal listened to Jonathan as he walked over and sat down.

"True, numbers are important.  However we also need to work on their levels, equipment, strength, and most importantly, skills.  If we have a bunch of mediocre players in the front lines it'll be a massacre.  And that's precisely what we're trying to avoid.  And you," he said as he patted Jonathan's shoulder.  "Need to train players too.  You're our tank and you need to teach players how to tank should they want it."  He hesitated then decided it was time to remind Jonathan.  "Jonathan I appreciate how you believe in Alisa, but I'm her mentor, not you.  I'll listen to advice and suggestions any time but I will decide how to progress her training.  If you push someone too fast they break down.  If you push them too slowly they make no progression.  It's a delicate process and I have a stable plan set."  He sighed.  "However I'll allow her to go on a quest with you, one quest for now.  I trust you Jonathan, and I know you'll keep her safe.  I...  Honestly don't trust Kasier in any way.  I don't want Alisa alone with her to be honest.  Overall she's doing great, and once she gets her gear I'll have no problem with her soloing a bit as well.  But she does need help in how this world works, but if done the wrong way she could turn dark.  Or like Kasier, only see the world dark and no beauty in anything.  I don't want that for her."

ID#  66099

CD:  10

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listened as Itzal explained levels are more important than numbers and that he needed to train some people, or in a boss fight it would be a massacre. I did not mean put level fives in the frontlines! I meant eventually when they are strong. Hopefully they won't just leave us when they are strong. I mean, just think how hard it was when we soloed a bit more than we do now. I almost died at least three times. And I never said I was her mentor. Jonathan turned his attention to the sketch again, making the smallest and intricate design in the wings. He finished the right wing and looked back up at Itzal. Anyway, how is your side of the plan going. Setting up the tent and things? I mean, I have the fire. Jonathan grabbed his sketch and put it back into his inventory. 

66093 CD:8

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal smiled at Jonathan.  It was impossible to stay mad at him in any degree and he didn't want to.  He just wanted to be on the same level is all.  He nodded to the tent when he made his comment.

"Tent's all set up.  Here, I have some rabbit meat left.  We can cook that."  He placed three long thick sticks upright over the fire and pulled out a handle-less pan, tied it to the sticks, and placed the rabbit meat inside.  "It won't nearly be good as a profession food but it'll be better than bread, and hopefully have some moisture still in it.  Speaking of which," he said pulling out containers of water.  "Here's yours."  He took a swig of water, feeling utterly refreshed by the cold flow down his throat.  He smiled to his friend.  "Sorry about that I felt a little attacked when you and Kasier argued that she was ready for quests before she even had proper equipment.  But never mind that now.  How about a song?  I may not have an instrument yet but I can still sing.  After all, people sing around camp fires.  Any favorites you want to hear?"

ID# 66104

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan looked at the tent as Itzal said it was set up. Jonathan smiled and the dark haired man tossed a water bottle. Jonathan felt a cooling sensation as he drank the water. It felt a amazing and Jonathan drained the water. He set the bottle on the ground and it shattered into blue shards. Jonathan listened as Itzal had explained that he was sorry he felt attacked when Jonathan and Kasier had told him he was babysitting Alisa. Then he said never mind to that and asked if Jonathan wanted him to sing. Jonathan thought a second, and said, Hmmm, I don't know many... The only thing I know was on a kids show when I was little... but I don't care, sing away. 

66132 CD:2

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal sighed as he leaned back trying to think of a song.  Why did nobody want to pick one?  He was hoping that this wouldn't be the case when people bought songs from him.  Especially at the grand opening where he planned to invite multiple players personally as well as a note on the boards across the currently available floors.  He would present some previously made songs, sing and play song requests, and overall just talk and have fun with everyone.  He thought it was a great way to socially interact and meet people he'd never seen before.  He began to think about what song he should sing.  He wasn't a big fan of camp fire songs so those were ruled out.  Perhaps a song on their current situation...  He smiled as he had the perfect one.

Spoiler

I've been away,
Searching for a reason,
Another purpose to find.
I've sailed the seas,
Fought my many demons,
I've looked to gods in the skies.

I've stood in hell,
Where many had to suffer,
I stared the devil in the eyes.
Walked many roads to witness ancient idols,
And found the great gates of fire.

Had many storms question my conviction,
Gave armies reason to rise.
The hangman's searching for bones he can borrow,
While I escaped in the night,
Fight or flight.

Live again,
All roads end,
I'll be coming home.
Tend your light,
'Cause on this night,
I'll be coming home.

Escaped the hail of calculated mortars,
Then drank the blood of a king.
The desert rain has washed away direction,
Had angels looking after me,
So it seems.

Live again,
All roads end,
I'll be coming home.
Tend your light,
'Cause on this night,
I'll be coming home.

My story ends not far from where it started,
My weary limbs have grown old.
I've seen the world through the eyes of a nomad,
Home is where the heart is I've been told,
So I go.

Live again,
All roads end,
I'll be coming home.
Tend your light,
Cause on this night,
I'll be coming home.

I'm coming home
I'm coming home

Contrary to the original song he didn't leave a long pause since he had no instrument.  What he didn't realize though was that throughout the song he tapped against a large rock next to him according to how the beat would have been, rising and slowing with it.  He never noticed this before and had yet to as nobody really pointed it out.  He just sung the song is all.  It felt weird not having music with it though.  He'd have to get an instrument soon.

ID#  66133

CD:  12

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listened as Itzal sung the song. Jonathan looked at the boy with a smile. Coming Home... Jonathan looked back over to the fire. He should have been a Performer. He could sing. He had sung all the time in his house. Itzal had felt the rhythm of the song without the music and had drummed silently on a rock to the beat. Jonathan smiled at his friend and returned to his flame. Well, it has been a long day, so, I am going to hit the hay... Jonathan opened up his inventory and unequipped his armor leaving him in a cotton shirt and jeans. He opened the tent and laid down in the corner. With a sigh he closed his eyes. After a few minutes he finally found sleep. 

66188 CD:11

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal nodded to His friend as he entered the tent.  Normally he was awake and too full of thoughts to sleep.  Tonight however he was cold, and exhausted.  So tonight He decided to slow his mind down before attempting to go to sleep.  His apprentice was the first on his mind, naturally because he was her mentor.  Her training was going very well and soon they'd pick up her gear.  She even said she was ready for the parkour basics.  Be had to admit he was excited for when she reached the advanced stage.  He couldn't wait to take her to the Italian city on the eleventh floor to train advanced parkour.  It would definitely be fun.  And when she picked up her gear they could spar from time to time.  Not for her to win of course, at least not that until she matched his level, but for her to grow in skills.  He'd also use that time to teach her how to handle being frustrated.

He thought for a bit about the guild and how he believed it's goals seemed to contradict Kasier's survival of the fittest belief.  Of course there was probably more to it than he knew thus far but what he did know was that a world like that has no morals.  If strength is really everything then it is everyone's responsibility to do whatever was necessary to do so, no matter how cruel it seems to others.  In such a world, right and wrong would be according to whoever was strongest at the time.  Itzal shook his head and cleared those dark thoughts from his mind.  He needed rest.  He climbed into the tent and wrapped himself up in the sheet.

OOC- If Jonathan usually wakes up before seven AM then he has a chance of seeing Itzal curled up slightly in bed

ID#  66314

CD:  4

Edited by Itzal

A Jonathan slept his mind began to wander around random things. Images of random people he had seen before flashed into his head. Then, it suddenly stopped. Jonathan opened his eyes. He was in the tent on the fifth floor with Itzal. Where is Itzal? Jonathan peered around the room until he found the boy curled up in the blankets. Jonathan exited the tent, and looked outside. It was around five o clock. You could barely see any light from the sun but it was there. Jonathan moved to the almost out fire, and sat enjoying the rest of the fire's warmth. His mind flooded with the image of Itzal. I wonder when he will stop training Alisa... He is always training her,and never is around anymore. He  used to be out partnered with me all them time.... Well,it doesn't matter... I am busy sort of myself. Jonathan stood up and decided to do something. He searched around the camp for any materials. He was starting to run low on those. As he searched around more, he found an herb that would do just nicely. 

66190 CD:6 LD:20 
+1 Material

Edited by Morgenstern