[PP-F5] Becoming one with fire <Itzal and Morgenstern> <<The Traveler>> Completed

Two hours later Itzal stirred slowly, stretched and yawned.  Ulises wouldn't awaken until noon or so, but he doubted they would need him.  He exited the tent and spotted Jonathan, deep in thought by the dying campfire.  He scanned the horizon and believed he spotted a dot in the distance.  That must be the caravan that was destroyed.  It looked like it would take about a day to get there.  He sighed as he made his way over to the fire and sat beside his friend.

"Morning," he greeted with a smile, and pulled out some french toast he had bought the day before.  He figured that he should bring warm food since it would stay warm in the desert and he was right.  The food smelled and felt like it had just been cooked.  He handed Jonathan one before pulling a piece out for himself and took a bite.  "What's on your mind?" he asked after swallowing.  He knew Jonathan didn't have to tell him but he liked to know if he was able to help someone or not.  He couldn't help it.  Even if the person was someone like Teayre he will always want to help.  He didn't necessarily think there was anything wrong, but it was obvious that something was on Jonathan's mind.  And he knew that if you had a thought it would gnaw at you until it either consumed you or you've worked it out.

ID#  66191

CD:  6

LD:  7

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan turned his head as he heard a voice. His gaze met Itzal and Jonathan smiled at his friend. Well, look who slept in... Just kidding. Jonathan's smile faded as he heard the question. What was on his mind. Oh, there is nothing really on my mind... I was just thinking. Jonathan's gaze returned to the fire. Jonathan stood and stomped what was rest of the fire out. Jonathan stood and equipped his battle items. Jonathan took the piece of french toast, and took a bite. A flavor other than sand filled his mouth. Jonathan's smile returned. He pulled two waters out of his inventory and handed on to Itzal. He finished the toast and then drank the water. Then cool sensation  overwhelming him. We should be there by the end of the day right? I don't really like the dessert. I am more of a cold person... I don't do heat. 

66233 CD:10

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal couldn't help but smile.  They were complete opposites but they had the same beliefs.  That was possibly the very reason they got along so well.  "How interesting.  I'm actually perfectly fine with this heat.  Though that might be because of Ulises' influence.  Well we better get going if we want to reach it soon.  See that dot?  That's it is what I'm guessing.  Same direction and the only thing out there."  He walked over and tapped the tent's side and transferred it into his inventory.  How odd it was that setting things up was a lot harder.  Itzal shrugged as he had become not only used to the idea, but it was kinda enjoyable at this time.  As they began walking he recalled how they talked all yesterday.  And he knew that Jonathan preferred combat more than talk...

"Hey, would you like to spar on the way there?  It could be fast pace, running or jogging in the general direction while fighting each other.  It's a new experience for both of us."  This in fact was false.  He had fought a wolf before but the wolf couldn't block him now could it?  He also wondered what Jonathan's endurance level was.

ID#  66211

CD:  5

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listened to Itzal as he said that he liked he heat. Jonathan shuddered as he thought of the heat. He watched as the boy packed up his supplies, and the tent. Then he listened as Itzal mentioned a duel on the way. Jogging forward, and fighting on the way. Jonathan sighed. As much as he wanted to do it, It would not be particularly safe. I would love to, but the fact with the sandstorm damaging us occcasionally, and we are out of the safe zone. I really do not think it would be safe. I mean, maybe after we are back into town, I would be fine with it. And, I have been lazy lately so you are probably higher leveled then me. Jonathan trodded forward hoping he had not angered the player. 

66234 CD:3

Edited by Morgenstern

Just as Jonathan said that the wind picked up unexpectedly, cathing him in the eyes.  He quickly recalled the cloth and while he put his on, he handed the second to Jonathan.  As the storm grew stronger he began losing sight of Jonathan and grabbed his friend's arm before they were separated.  He began moving in the fight direction as Jonathan came up right beside him and Itzal put his arm around his friend as they walked.  It felt like perhaps an hour had passed before the storm subsided and Itzal pulled out two water's, handing one of them to Jonathan.  After taking a deep refreshing drink He said

"Ok.  Yeah, I agree the storm is a problem.  We can do it later.  Though what do you want to talk about?  Unless we plan on being quiet the while day," He added with a weak grin.

Itzal:  62/72

ID:  66235

CD:  1

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched in the distance as a wall of a sand began to fly quickly at him. In seconds the sand was right in front of them. He looked at Itzal and said, Itza...  Jonathan put his shield in front of him, protecting his face. The sand ambushed them. He watched as Itzal's health depleted a bit, and the wind and sand began to push him back as Itzal's image faded. He felt something grab him. It was Itzal. It seemed forever before the sandstorm passed. Jonathan put his shield down and drank some of the water Itzal handed him. This is why I hate the fifth floor. I hate heat, and sand. The beach is enough for me... Let us go quickly before we get caught in it again. 

66241 CD:3

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal listened to Jonathan complain about the floor and shrugged.  The storm didn't do too much to him thanks to Jonathan using his shield.

"Heat I'm fine with, but I understand you're issue with sand.  And if you want to go quickly we could always race?"  He grinned to show Jonathan he was kidding and didn't actually mean it.  There was no way on earth Jonathan could beat Itzal in a race.  The strength, endurance, and speed he developed all those years running from bullies had made him the best of what he did.  His thoughts began to wander again and he looked at Jonathan.

"Hey Jonathan?  What uh.  What kind of influence do you think Kasier will have on Alisa?  She's still a bit young and anything she hears or sees will stick in some way.  And with the way Kasier's been acting lately, well.  I'm worried she's going to try to persuade Alisa to see the way she does.  See the world in the darkest manner possible I mean.  I don't want that for her."  It wasn't that he didn't like Kasier, or dissed her views.  She was right to a certain degree.  Itzal knew this better than most.  But at the same time he knew that she could present her beliefs in a strong, and sometimes forceful way.  He leaned over and picked up an ore and was pleased to see it was a rare one, placing it in his inventory.

ID#  66249

LD:  20 + 4

+1 MAT

Itzal:  65/72

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan walked forward until once again, he heard Itzal's voice. It was about Kasier again. This boy worried about something different that involved Kasier everyday. Jonathan sighed and looked at Itzal again. "You can not stop Kasier, in the fullest, you must just become a bigger influence, and being the only one that has really ever been with her, you are the bigger influence, leaving Kasier's input the lesser. Jonathan looked forward, they were starting to get close to the two mountains. Then Itzal said something about a race. Jonathan unequipped his shield and armor and said, You are on, 3,2,1 As soon as he said one he took off, getting five feet ahead before he said go. He strided forward, kicking up a bit of sand. 

66253 CD:10

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal was a bit surprised when Jonathan actually agreed to the race but quickly pulled up his stance.  In the short two seconds afterwards he calculated how he should push forward on the uneven and loose sand.  This caused him to delay about one and a half seconds but it was worth it.  As Itzal shot forward he noted that Jonathan was keeping his footing and was indeed fast.  But Itzal wasn't only fast, he had practiced parkour and his footing was perfect.  Not only that but his smaller stature and build helped him pierce through the harsh wind in this desert easier.  However the biggest factor in all of this was his endurance.  He learned how to keep running for the longest time.  He wasn't sure how long Jonathan could run but he was certain he could outlast him.  As he ran he thought about what Jonathan said and it eased him a little bit.  Yes.  He needed to be the bigger influence.  Still he didn't want Kasier doing anything drastic.  He'd need to talk to her about that.

ID#  66254

CD:  5

Itzal:  68/72

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan heard the quiet fall of Itzal's footsteps crunching the sand a few feet behind him. The steps did not indicate Itzal was trying to go faster, so Jonathan remained his same speed, pacing himself. He could run at least another ten minutes at this speed, maybe not due to the fact they were in a game not real life. As a big rock came in front of him, he ran up the rock, then jumped off, landing in the sand, quickly taking off again, he would have to really start jumping from rock to rock in a second, that were at the bottom of one of the mountains, trying to head between them. Jonathan kept his same speed, as long as he was going a bit faster than Itzal, the boy would never catch the lead. 

66256 CD:11

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal saw the rocks ahead, a little off to the left but close to each other.  Itzal watched Jonathan jump onto and off of a rock.  Itzal grinned.  But can you travel across them like I can?  He reached the first rock which was the smallest and leaped onto it.  Never stopping his coot made contact with the next, and the next.  The moment he landed on a large rock, about eight feet high he noted that all the rocks by the mountain after this rock were about the same height.  With stable ground to work with his speed increased to a much higher level.  It still wasn't his highest speed but it was enough to catch up to Jonathan.  He was saving his strength for a surprise burst of speed at the end.  Still he glided across the large rocks as though it were nothing, which to him it really was nothing.

ID#  66258

CD:  12

Itzal:  72/72

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan heard the footsteps on the rocky ground behind him dispensary, Then increase quickly. He looked beside him and seen Itzal coasting right beside him. Jonathan made a half grin, then returned his attention to in front of him. He quickly moved from rock to rock. Jumping across a gap, Itzal coasted along beside him though. Jonathan had to speed up. He moved quicker, coming in front of Itzal again, He would remain that speed until Itzal caught up. He lookedahead and seen the path they were going ended. The terrain scaled up about ten feet. Jonathan grimaced and jumped up, his foot landed on the wall, and hekicked up, running up the wall. He jumped forward and continued moving. 

66266 CD:10

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal saw the wall coming quickly with his eyesight and the height of the rocks a bit sooner than Jonathan.  He immediately scanned the surface and located the path he needed to take.  Without slowing he leaped off of the next rock onto the wall, his left foot sliding into an indent he found while his hands grabbed onto two of their own.  He pushed with his left foot, his right sliding into one above, allowing his hands to press against the top and push himself swiftly up.  His running might not be as fast as Jonathan's but his climbing was better.  Trying to escape bullies your whole life did that to you.  Now that he was at the top he could see a field of cacti with what seemed to be...  Skeletons trapped halfway in stones?  Each skeleton had two swords and looked at him angrily.  As he approached he detected the quickest route and took that rather than safety.  As he darted around three cacti the skeleton slashed at him horizontally and he jumped over.  The second swung vertically and he evaded that even easier.  The second slashed in both ways with his sword and Itzal slid under the attack, never losing his pace.

Mob info (not to be fought, just obstacles for race PS ^^) 7 in total.  10 dmg each.  If target is hit they are slowed down as well as harmed.  Each player must roll twice

ID#  66267

MD:  5

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan looked at the skeleton's that were for some reason in the mountainous range. He jumped over a small incline, he seen a glimpse of Itzal, running on another path beside him. The boy was fast, like he had practice before. Jonathan's mind flashed back to the obstacle maze course in their field. There was bits of gates sticking our that he had to jump over, tires to jump through, things to slide under. A few of his friends brought their paintball guns and shot at eachother in the maze. His vision cleared and he seen a skeleton in front of him. He faked one way han leapt in the other. He surpassed the Skeleton unharmed. He was running beside Itzal now. 

66272 CD:4 MD:4

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal barely registered his friend as he ran, too focused on the goal: Evading the monsters while keeping top speed.  He was approaching the last five now.  The first two skeletons swung together, each blade over the other, creating what seemed like a wall.  He jumped up and pushed off from a rock, almost gliding over the four blades and rolled onto the other side.  He saw that the eighth skeleton was half buried in the ground but with longer swords.  He drew Retributor, cut a nearby cactus in half and kicked the soft end of it, sending the top half into the skeleton's face, stunning him for a split second before Itzal leaped over him.  He spotted the last skeleton who was positioned in the exit.  There was no other way through unless he wanted to try hacking through the field, or rather wall, of giant cacti.  It raised it's swords expectantly.  When Itzal grew close enough, it slashed it's swords in an x like fashion, but Itzal easily slid underneath.  As he kept running he spotted the caravan.  He was almost there.  Then he frowned.  There was a drop off:  twenty-nine feet or so.  Ten feet was fine to jump from but twenty nine was dangerous.

ID#  66273

CD:  3

MD:  5

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as the next skeleton slashed at him, but Jonathan jumped over the blade, everything surpassed him in a blur. He jumped over then next rock. He seen Itzal below him, and seen some cacti in his path. He moved back down, following the trail. He seen two Skeletons left in his trail. He pulled out his sword, slid under the blades, into the dirt, he cut the skeleton in half on the way down. He quickly used his momentum to push himself and back onto his feet. The last Skeleton. Jonathan grimaced and slashed his sword forward. He slashed across the skeleton's chest shattering it. He seen Itzal come up beside him, then he watched as Itzal stopped abruptly. Jonathan could not stop fast enough and went over the edge. 

66279 CD:3 MD:5

OOC I did not die FYI

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal looked over the edge and was relieved to see that it wasn't a straight fall, but tilted ever so slightly to make a very steep slope.  As soon as he saw this he watched as Jonathan ran over the edge, too much momentum to stop.  Itzal leaped onto the slope, sliding down the edge all the way to the bottom, bending his knees when he hit the bottom and rolled the way parkourists do when they land so they do not get injured.  He rushed over to Jonathan and, while he could see him wince in pain could tell he lost no hp.  He helped Jonathan get up and waited until he was ready.

"How about we call it a draw?" he asked as they were about five feet from the caravan.  When Jonathan had fully recovered Itzal walked over.  "This had better be worth it," he muttered.  He walked over to the center and saw a huge pool of water.  He scanned the area and saw hundreds of empty and broken bottles.  In the center he noticed something shining.  He reached down and picked it up and his eyes widened as he realized it was a small golden artifact.  Possibly a medallion.  He showed Jonathan the Egyptian like object.  "It would have rusted if we didn't come for it.  That's why it was a timed quest."  He tossed Jonathan fresh bottles that hadn't broke while he drank some himself.  "All we have to do now is head out right?" he said as he grinned.

OOC- If you want you can make the summary in the next post, or we can keep going you're choice

OOC A few more posts for that extra SP, Also, YOU REALLY KILLED MY BUZZ THERE< I WANTED A CLIFF HANGER!!!! Anyway... 

Jonathan felt him hit bottom as he see it looked closer, as it was sloped. Jonathan wince but was fine. He sighed and sat on the ground. He did not feel it while running but now he was exhausted. He watched as Itzal slid down to him and handed him a bottle. Jonathan drained the bottle and stood. He surveyed the area in front of him and seen hundreds of bottles except a small golden artifact that was lying in the center. This little medallion was all they had come for? Jonathan sighed and said, Well, We came for a little medallion? This has got to be my least favorite quest I have done so far... Trust me I am ready to go home... Shall we search the rest of the junk?

OOC- What cliffhanger?  If it was a straight down cliff like usual you wouldn't have anything to grab onto and just fall down to the bottom.  The only other interesting ending would be maybe falling into a field of cacti and I don't think you'd want that  XD

Itzal nodded to Jonathan and began to search the area, digging through the piles of empty bottles and being very grateful they were in a desert else the water would have been freezing cold.  As he searched he asked Jonathan,

"So after we set up the guild, whether you're still recruiting or not I think you should find an apprentice.  You're bound to find someone who wants to become a tank and you're the only tank in our group.  Therefore it only makes sense that you should teach her.  Trust me, you learn a lot from teaching."  It also grows on you Ulises said in his mind.  Itzal smiled.  "Morning Ulises," he said, not bothering to say it mentally as Jonathan already knew.  "You're up early."  Tell Jonathan he needs to bounce like Tigger next time rather than falling on his face.  "And now he's making insults...  Great.  Ulises stop filling my head up with more junk, it's crowded as it is."  He spotted something at last and moved some bottles out of the way.  His eyes widened as he saw a chest and pulled it out.  He opened it up and saw it was filled with gold Egyptian artifacts.  He beckoned Jonathan over.  "Would ya look at that," he said.

ID#  66283

LD:  17 + 4

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listned as Itzal spoke up Jonathan teaching somebody. Jonathan shrugged and turned his back. He would have to end up finiding somebody first. He turned to look at the sky Jonathan turned his head as he heard Itzal speak. But Itzal was not talking to Jonathan. It must be Ulises, then Itzal exclaimed that he was making insults. Jonathan shrugged, he did not care to be made fun of. Jonathan looked at the sky, and seen it was already getting dark. Jonathan sighed, looking at the seeming to be treasure that Itzal was talking about then said, Hey, we should probably start to leave...

66311 CD:5

OOC Make your last post, then make sure all posts after we left have CD, then I will make my final post, along with the summary...

Edited by Morgenstern