[PP-NK-F16] <<Snake out of Water>> (Xion, Hakai)

Hikoru breathed as he sent a message to his Tank-Friend Xion, They had planned to do this Quest awhile ago, but he didn't fee so sure about doing it. But now he felt sure, sighing and moving forward to the teleporter, soon arriving on the 16th floor and approaching near the area of where they were supposed to take the Quest. He sat on a nearby stump and waited, hoping that Xion would bring a friend or two with him, as he knew this was going to be one of the hardest Quest he's ever done. He knew it would be a challenge, but with Xion he knew he could easily defeat it with a few Swipes with his strongest attack, but then what? That, he didn't know. For now he would just have to wait and see what was in store for him. he had heard a bit about this boss, but he wasn't sure about it's specific stats. He knew a few Players had gone on it already, but he hadn't gotten to talk to them to see what they knew about it. He would just have to wait to see what he had signed up for

"Do you really think you can trust him?..." He heard the voice whisper. He held his head in his hands and sighed

"What do you want? Seriously, i've listened to you for so long, and I don't even know your name, or your purpose." Hikoru said, muttering to himself. He heard the voice chuckle and sigh

"Ah, where are my manners.... You can call me Shadow if you wish. And my Purpose is to help protect you..." it said cunningly. Hikoru muttered and sighed

"Very well, then why do you not want me to trust them Shadow? What have they done?" He asked him, wanting to see. Shadow only chucked and sighed

"All in due time young player, all in due time..." And then, Hikoru felt Shadow leave his mind, for the moment anyways. He sighed and stared at the ground. All in due time? It made no sense to him, but to his dismay, he would have to wait and see

Message sent to Xion:

To: Xion
Subject: You know what

It's time. Meet me on the 16th floor. Feel free to bring a friend or two. We're gonna need all the help we can get

~Hikoru

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xion sighed as he sat in his forge on the first floor of Aincrad, the blond haired tank was still clad in his armour as he was too lazy to un-equip the dark plates of metal. "Slow day today..." he muttered to himself as he stretched his limbs, the player then sighed once more as he slowly got up and out of his seat, walking over to the workshop section of his forge, his footsteps heavy and metallic. "Now...what to do..." he said quietly as he took his smith's hammer in his hands and absent mindedly twirled the rather top heavy instrument in his hand, a few blonde locks obscuring his vision as he received a message. Smiling the player looked at the PM, noticing that it was from Hik. "So we're going to take it on...about bloody time" he said before grabbing his shield and strapping it to his left wrist, the tank then picking up his glaive and strapping it to his back for ease before walking out of his shop. He then made his way to the teleport gate and teleported to the sixteenth floor. "Now where..." Xion muttered, before using his map to find Hikoru who was a good few minutes away. While walking to find his friend he messaged @Hakai asking if she was interested in a challenge and some good SP, the message only just being sent before he found Hikoru with his head in his hands, seemingly talking to himself. Xion's brow furrowed as he knew exactly what it was. "That damn unique..." he muttered before walking closer to the black haired dagger user. "What is it saying this time...?" he asked 

Hakai had never been to the sixteenth floor. In fact, she couldnt recall ever having been past the eleventh floor. She had very fond memories of that floor in particular, however, as she had received her claws there. She wouldnt be where she was today without her weapon of choice. Still, the higher floors did scare her a bit. She was of a moderate level, although she hadnt reached tier 2 yet, however, her inexperience with these floors made her nervous, even if she was to be adventuring with her close friend and ally Xion. She looked over the message he had sent her again. It didnt provide much detail, just mentioning the floor and asking her if she wanted some skill points and a challenge, so she could only assume that they were going to be going on yet another quest, like the last two or three.

They seemed to go well together, as a team, both in personality and build, and she hoped that soon she would be able to deal damage as efficiently as he could take it. She hopped onto the teleport and headed straight for floor sixteen. Upon arriving she checked her inventory, making sure that she had some health crystals prepared. It was always better to be safe, especially if Xion was calling whatever quest they were going on a challenge. He hadnt even called the ice phoenix a challenge, and they had had way too much trouble with that creature. She checked her map and headed to where Xion was, eventually seeing him up ahead. She waved her arms in the air above her excitedly. "Hey Xion!" She called out, her voice cheerful and her eyes sparkling excitedly, not bothering to take notice of the other man. She was hyped for this adventure.

Hikoru breathed as he heard the clanking of metal and turned to see Xion on the other side of where he had come. He smiled and stood, just shaking his head as the tank player asked about what his Unique skill had said to him. He just sighed and looked at him, shaking his head again

"He didn't really say anything. He just told me his name, and when I tried to find out what he wanted, he said 'All in due time.'" He lied, not wanting to keep worrying the player, and he kept a straight face as he did so, giving the player nothing to go on to indicate that he was lying. He heard someone come up behind Xion and looked over his shoulder, seeing a young girl that looked excited to go on this adventure. He gave a small sigh and gave a small smirk to Xion, hitting his arm with his elbow "What are you trying to get at Xion?" He asked in a curious, and slightly mocking tone, on the verge of laughing as he acked

Xion listened to Hikoru as he spoke, the player raising an eyebrow as Hikoru spoke of the unique having a name, something that he hadn't expected or even thought about. "I didn't expect and entire personality to be attached to the unique skills...either way, let's hope that in due time is soon so that this thing stops messing with your head" he said to the other player with a weak smile before he heard Hakai approaching, turning around to see the blonde haired claw user with a smile on her face. Xion chuckled. "You seem awfully excited about this Hakai...you do realise that this is possibly the most dangerous quest that you've been on right?" he asked her before feeling Hikoru's elbow jabbing into his arm, Hikoru seemed to almost be mocking his choice of companion. "Hey what do you mean what am I getting at Hik? You asked that I bring someone along and I bloody brought someone along. And trust me, she may look weak but she's the one low levelled player that scares me Hikoru..." +

Hakai leaned over and gave Xion a gentle punch on the arm. "I'd hope that its my build that scares you, not me as a person." She said jokingly. She looked over to the other man who she hadnt met yet. It appeared that they were going to be going with another person, one who she had never met before. She didnt like him, even though she'd just met him. He just seemed quite cocky and she just didnt like that. "And im certain this quest will be a piece of cake compared to that Ice Phoenix." She said to Xion before turning back to the other man. "Im Hakai, nice to meet you." She stated, reaching a hand out to him. First impressions werent always reliable, and she was prepared to reevaluate her own.

Hikoru just chuckled as he told him that he had brought a friend, but his spine tinged when he said that he was afraid of this girl. he knew Xion to not be afraid of anything, so when he heard this it made his skin crawl. Then the girl spoke up and said it should be her build he's afraid of. His curiosity got the best of him, and as he introduced himself he bowed and took her hand, then stood and shook it lightly with a smile

"My name is Hikoru, pleasure to make your acquaintance." He said. He coughed and let go of her hand, then raised an eyebrow "Now, if Xion the tankling here is scared of your build, may I know what it is? I have to say, I love to hear about peoples builds and would love to see what you have." He said with a small smile. He wanted to know everything about this girl, see if she was trustworthy or not. Then like a sap to his mental face, he realized that was the shadow in him speaking again. He wanted to punch himself, but he had to act calm and collected, not let this girl worry about anything that's wrong

Xion chuckled when Hakai struck him on the arm, the plates of his armour emitting a metallic ring as she did. "You're lucky that thorns didn't activate Hakai...and yes it is your build that scares me, what tank wouldn't be?" he asked her with a smile as she talked about how the ice phoenix that they had thought must be harder than what they were going to face. Shaking his head, Xion looked at her. "Trust me, this is a boss that even Hikoru couldn't take down and his damage far exceeds any of ours, it's one that can kill easily without a tank present. Trust me when I tell you that you shouldn't take this thing lightly..." he told her before Hikoru introduced himself to Hakai, the black haired player asking the girl about her build while also referring to Xion using his nickname of sorts 'tankling'. "I'll let her tell you in detail but her build is a tank killer and that is why I am scared... although..." he continued, looking at Hikoru and smiling. "What I have planned could be described as scary too" 

Hakai nodded. "Well, I really wouldnt call it scary. Its unreliable and it isnt like it really counts as a build. Sadly there's no skill that I can invest in to improve it. Im attempting to be a critical centered build. I have damage over time effects and my weapon does extra extra damage on a crit." She stated. "I just got lucky and made a high leveled ally a while back. She helped me get my hands on some demonic gear." She explained.  "He calls it scary because damage over time goes through mitigation, but the truth is that anyone who has regen or battle healing is pretty safe against my build." She explained. She checked her inventory again, checking over the crystals shed brought. "I have a few tier one health crystals, just in case we e d up needing them."

Hikoru nodded and listened as the two players explained their builds and he agreed with both, but his ears perked up when the girl said Damage over time, and he only knew of one demonic that had DoT Damage, as he was there at the boss fight when the Demonic was given out. He gave a raised eyebrow and fit the pieces together, the high levelled player, and the DoT Damage only meant one thing

"Can I... See your weapon? Is it a Weapon called Limbo's Fang?" he asked in curiosity "I ask because I was there when the Demonic was given, and that only means that you knew some of my.... old friends...." He said with a sad tone. The two players that had died, Manta and Ebony, had both died in the boss fight. Ebony was given the Demonic as far as he knew, so she must have given it to this player before she died. As he waited, he chugged a T2 Damage Potion, one of the four that he had gotten from Rain the Alchemist earlier, hoping that the boost would help in the long run

+6 Damage (3 Potions Remaining)

"It may be unreliable, but when you get a crit you start to rip through whatever you're attacking rather quickly. Your damage already is pretty good for something that ignores mit, and once you get to tier 2 that damage will double and you'll be doing nearly 100 damage over time. Sure you're not pumping out as much raw damage as someone like Hikoru but you're ignoring mit completely, That, is what scares me" Xion told Hakai with a chuckle before Hikoru asked the girl about who had given her the demonic claws that she carried, Xion noting the sadness in the player's voice, looking at him in a concerned manner. "You ok hik...?" he asked. Xion didn't know why but recently he had just become worried about Hikoru for some reason, it was most likely because he now knew about how his unique affected him, what it tried to get him to do. "Anyway we should get going, this thing as far as I know is going to be a pain to kill and thus we should try to be swift in finding it" 

"I didnt know the woman very well, but id told her about my build and she said that she could get me a good weapon for it. We talked some and she gave me some tips, info on unique skills, and complained about her rapier all the time. It was kind of funny actually. A few days after she gave me the dagger she died in the boss fight. Not sure how, ive never really looked into it." She said, wondering if the last part of what she had said would trigger Hikoru. He certainly seemed to recognize the weapon, so he may have been well acquainted with the woman who had given her the claws. "Oh, and she gave me a gold egg, so I turned it into some claws. " She explained, still eyeing him. Her intent wasnt to upset him, but she wasnt about to lie to him. She just wasnt a manipulative person.

Hikoru sighed and nodded, understanding where the girl had met her. Indeed, he missed the two players, he had enjoyed adventuring with them, and he wished he had gotten closer with them before they had passed at the Limbo Boss Fight. he gave a sigh and just chuckled at the Egg, and he gave a small smile

"Yes I know about the eggs. I have an unused one as well. Im just waiting until I can use it for something good." he said, and looked at Xion and gave him a reassuring smile "Im fine bud, don't worry. Now, lets search for this Quest Boss shall we?" He said. he moved into where the area was, and started to search around, poking trees and bushes to see if he could find it, but to his dismay he didn't have any luck

ID: 65935

LD: 4+3=7

((OOC: Everyone start rolling. The rule is whoever finds it has to control it. I have the +3 LD, so there a much bigger chance of me finding it, but I wanted to see if I could get away with not doing it. Good Luck!))

ID: 65939

ID: 15 (Snake found) 

Reassured by Hikoru's words Xion nodded and began his own search of the area, his eyes canning the thick trees and water for any movement that wasn't their own. It was a tricky task, visibility in the area was generally low and the tank had no points in search and detect or any items that would have helped him in the endeavour. "Combat only build coming to bite me in the ass again..." he muttered, the tank sighing before his head snapped in the direction of some movement. "Is that...?" he asked himself before his suspicions were confirmed by the creature sliding through some more branches and trees to rest on a riverbank, it's serpentine form unmistakable. "Hikoru, Hakai. I've found it..." he said, pointing his glaive in the direction of the snake. "Ready?" 

Xion: (133/133) (32/32) | 101Mit | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen | 9 DMG 

Hikoru (??/??) (??/??) 

Hakai (??/??) (??/??) 

Hebishinu (600/600) | 100 Mit | 2 ACC | 60 DMG  [2 Layers of safeguard] [ BD 9-10 paralyse or Toxic venom] 

(No post action, so no roll)

They hadnt said anything about there target being a snake. Not that she particularly minded. Snakes werent one of her big fears, and with her damage over time she felt a sense of kinship with them. However, she was on edge. Snakes were clever, fast, and ferocious, not the sort of animals that anyone should mess with. This was a game, but she felt fairly certain that this giant monster of a snake would act similarly to a real life one, at least in terms of viciousness and raw intelligence. She spoke up, her voice now serious. "Im ready. And Hikoru, ive been looking for another one of those eggs. Im going after a certain skill, and its possible that it might use a different weapon. Im a bit attatched to these guys." She said as ahe unsheathed her claws in preparation for the fight ahead. "Please let me know if anyone you know is looking to trade one." She said, no longer looking over at him but at the enemy instead.

Hikoru (??/??) (??/??) 

Hakai (84/84) (21/21) | 27 Mit | 3 EVA | 2 Blight, 2 Envenom |

Hebishinu (600/600) | 100 Mit | 2 ACC | 60 DMG  [2 Layers of safeguard] [ BD 9-10 paralyse or Toxic venom] 

Hikoru looked over to see that Xion had found the creaturethey had been searching for, and relatively quickly. He gave a small sigh and opened his HUD and switched his Ring to his Amulet, feeling his Build feel whole again and knowing that he wouldn't miss an attack. He gave a sigh of relief and unsheathed his dagger as the girl said that she wanted another egg. he gave a small chuckle and sighed, reversing his grip on it so the blade touched the back of his forearm

"I wish you luck in your endeavor. I myself am keeping my own egg until I find the right weapon." he said, and waited. He looked at Xion and gave him a nod "Get a Howl out, and hopefully get rid of one of those Safeguards. I can attack and ler Miss DoT here try and get her Poison and stuff going." he said with a small chuckle

Replaced Golden Ring with Eclipsed Pendant MK. 2

Hikoru (165/165) (40/40)  | 38 Mit | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 19 Base DMG

ID: 65042

BD: 7 (5+2) (Hit)

(Xion: Howl, thus no roll) 

Xion chuckled as he listened to the two talk, despite how the two started off they seemed to be getting along well which was always a good thing when two people have to fight an extremely strong venomous snake monster together. "I'll see what I can do Hik, hopefully it doesn't bypass my thorns otherwise we'll be doing no damage to it anytime soon" Xion told the black haired dagger user before approaching the snake, inhaling deeply and letting out a loud, almost deafening howl which caused the snake's head to turn and face him, it's eyes trained on the tank. Raising his shield as he braced for the incoming attack Xion too focused on the beast, before it lashed out, it's fangs digging into his shield, one of them finding it's way into his arm. Xion knew that his thorns had triggered but didn't see it's Hp drop as it backed off, but he could tell that the slime protecting it was thinner than before. "That's one safeguard down Hik!"

[H:3] Xion: (132/133) (32/32) | 101 Mit | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen | 9 DMG 

Hebishinu (600/600) | 100 Mit | 2 ACC | 60 DMG  [1/2 Layers of safeguard remaining] [ BD 9-10 paralyse or Toxic venom]

ID# 65944 results:

Battle: 5 Miss

LD: 3 Fail

Hakai nodded to Hikoru in reply to what he had said about his egg. She had expected as much, which is why she had asked him to let her know if anyone else was interested in trading rather than asking him directly. She supposed that she was getting way ahead of herself. She still needed a ton of levels before she would be prepared to even acquire the skill. Still, she might need one of those eggs eventually, and if she could get one soon she would. She raised her claws to attack the snake, but it had disappeared, makimg her very uneasy. Still, she knew that its target would be Xion, so she knew that it would eventually pop up there. As she had thought, this was one tricky mob. 

[H: 0] Hakai (84/84) (21/21) | 27 Mit | 3 EVA | 2 Blight, 2 Envenom |

Hebishinu (600/600) | 100 Mit | 2 ACC | 60 DMG  [1/2 Layers of safeguard remaining] [ BD 9-10 paralyse or Toxic venom]

Edited by Hakai

Hikoru breathed as the girl seemed to do nothing, then something clicked. She said something about a "Skill" and he knew that she meant a Unique Skill, in which he had. he gave a sigh and a small smirk formed on his face as he soon discovered where the Creature was slithering around, and he turned to the girl

"I suppose your talking about Unique Skills, am I correct?" he asked, backing into the darkness slowly "Well you see.... I already have one." And he soon dissapeared into the shadows. Then, in the blink of an eye, he appeared at the top of a tree, flying through the air and soon appearing above the creature, landing on top and swiping the excess goo off of it's skin, a big sign that flashed red and yellow read "CRITICAL" on top of the creature, it wailing and returning into the forest. Hikoru looked at the party stats and saw that he had gained hate. He chuckled and sighed "First Hate i've gathered in awhile..." He turned to Xion "Your up bud, let's see what you can do."

ID: 65945

LD: 16+1=17 [Snake Found[

BD: 9+4=13 Critical Hit! +1 Damage

Hikotu used Basic Swipe. Last Safeguard Consumed

[H:1] Hikoru (165/165) (39/40)  | 38 Mit | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 19 Base DMG

Hebishinu (600/600) | 100 Mit | 2 ACC | 60 DMG  [ BD 9-10 paralyse or Toxic venom]

Xion roll

ID: 65947

LD: 1 (Miss)

CD: 9 (Success) 

Hebishinu roll

ID: 65948

BD: 7 (5+2) (Hit) 

Xion stood and watched as Hikoru disappeared into the shadows, the tank chuckling. "He's using his unique...I'll be honest I never like not being able to see him" he said to manta before watching Hikoru appear on top of a tree and drop down onto the beast, his dagger piercing it's protective layer, removing the last of the barriers that stood between the beast's HP and them. "Well done Hik, now let's make it feel pain" Xion said with a grin before stepping up to fight the beast, his eyes scanning the thick forest around it but he was unable to find it. "Where is the bloody thing..." he muttered before the snake bust out of some nearby water, it's fangs bared as XIon turned around, his instincts as a tank kicking in as he brought his shield around quickly to block the blow. Once again it's fangs pierced the shield and sunk into his arm but it's damage was pitiful, the snake hissed as it was damaged by his thorns, slinking off back into the water to hide. 

[H:3] Xion: (132/133) (30/32) | 101 Mit | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen | 9 DMG  (-1 HP +18 regen) (-2 EN miss) 

[H:1] Hikoru (165/165) (39/40)  | 38 Mit | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 19 Base DMG

Hebishinu (572/600) | 100 Mit | 2 ACC | 60 DMG  [ BD 9-10 paralyse or Toxic venom] (-28 thorns)