[PP-KE-F2] Why I'm Here «Let There Be Light»

Spoiler

((Open only to Calrex, Teayre, Maccradon, Baldur, and by invite.))

Quest Details:  «Let There Be Light» 

A flash of light, a sense of weightlessness, and a sudden surge of haptic data. Lycan phased into the streets of Urbus. Small, quaint, and faintly humming with the chatter of local townsfolk, Urbus exuded an aura of tranquility. The thick woods that covered the majority of the floor's fields filled the air with the earthy and zesty notes of forest flora. Breaking the winds of Aincrad's unknown flight path, a pleasant breeze remained a constant. Lycan filled his lungs with the fresh, artificial air and exhaled in a comforted sigh.

"Reminds me of Montana," Lycan mumbled to himself with a smile. "Feels like real hunting here."

"Help! Help! Somebody please!" cried a woman in distress.

Lycan's head snapped to the source of the disturbance, his amber eyes narrowing on the sight of a poorly dressed woman clinging to passersby. Locals and players alike skirted her off of them with a hand, elbow, and even a harsh shove. The last to make physical contact with her left her reeling into the street gutter. The moist filth and mud slopped against the cobblestones and peppered her already stressed attire. Eyes wild and glistening, the woman brought soiled hands to her face. She pulled her knees in and softly wept as the river of bodies parted around her like a boulder in a steady creek.

"My baby..." Lycan heard her whimper over the ambient chatter. "My poor baby..."

Brows furrowed and blood tempered, the platinum crested youth forced his way through the streets to her. He knelt beside her and thrust an aggressive glare on anyone who dare look upon them as an inconvenience.

"Are you alright?" the teen asked softly with his hand extended to her. Soft blue eyes rimmed with the redness of tears peeked through parted fingers. She shook her head and tried to stifle her sobs. 

"Here," Lycan continued, gripping her lightly by the wrist. "Let me help you up." With a gentle tug, the two rose to their feet.

"Better?"

The woman nodded.

"Good. I'm glad. My name is Lycan, and I couldn't help but notice something was wrong. Looks like the folk around here aren't as kind as one would hope."

"Please, sir. You have to help me," the woman begged as her thin fingers clutched Lycan's hand.

"Tell me what's wrong."

"My daughter... she's missing. It's been days now! She went to play in the woods with the neighbor's son but never came back. Their boy looked terrified. He said there were monsters that took her away! Please, please help me. I'm all alone. I don't know who to look to for help. Please."

The desperation on her hallowed features tugged at Lycan's sense of good will. He knew from her lack of player chevron she wasn't real but in this world, the frantic grip of this woman felt just the same as any player.

"Sure, I'll help. What can you tell me, where did you last see her?"

"The boy said they went to the cavern in the southwest. They were playing some game, looking for some... Please. I need to know she's safe."

"Alright, alright. I'll go. Just stay right here and try not to let people push you around. Try your best to relax. I'll be back before nightfall to let you know what I find. Okay?"

The woman nodded and again tears came welling from her eyes. Instead of sorrow, these were tears of relief - happiness. 

"Thank you! Bless you!"

Lycan nodded, turning his head away like a bashful child.

"Oh!" he spouted, his mind calling forth something of importance. "Her name... What's your daughter's name?"

"Elise."

"Elise, got it. Sit tight miss, I'll be back in a jiff." With a reassuring smile and a two finger salute, Lycan spun on his heels and briskly jogged toward the west gate. The woman's glistening eyes watched him vanish into the streets wither her hands clenched over her aching heart.

The teen, sure he was far enough from view, slowed his jog to a trot and then a trudge. With a deep sigh and hand over his face he muttered, "I just wanted to find some new materials and level up... Now I'm on search and rescue by myself. This is a recipe for success... Way to go, Jax..."

He shook his head and let his arm slap to his side like a limp noodle. He took a deep breath.

"This is going to be easier if I can find a few more people," he mumbled as he scanned the players both coming and going through the west gate. "Let's see..."

Red head, blonde, brunette, noir, verdant, blue...

"Wait..." Lycan furrowed a brow. "I know that guy..."

"Hey! You!" the boy shouted with hand waving above him and the other cupped unceremoniously beside his mouth. "Calrex! Over here!"

After another extended period of reflection and training, Calrex gave a small sigh as he swiped on his menu, sending the Shin Masamune back into his inventory and re-equipping the Grand Blade II. There was still much he needed to do if he was going to conquer the influence of <<Achilles>> in his mind, but for now a tired mental fight would only result in the ancient Greek warrior taking advantage, strengthening its hold on him, "At least I was able to recognize it soon enough to fight back before it could actually cement its presence."

Entering into the streets of Urbus he began to casually browse through the various streets, taking in what may or may not have changed since the last time he was here. This floor was, after all, the first place he had taken Teayre on a date at the High Fields of Crossing. So, to some extent, the city had a place in his memory.

Or at least that was the intention until he heard his name blurted from across the way, far behind him. He felt his body stiffen in reaction for a second, as if on alert, before his mind processed the voice itself, "Wait a second, isn't that..."

Turning around, at the same time acknowledging that he was the person being addressed, the bluenette saw a silver-haired young man. His appearance did stand out as one not common to lower level player, but the Ultramarine Knight did recall he had assisted him alongside Manta some time ago, "Let's see it was...Lycan? Geezes it's been a while."

Jogging over, while apologetically nodding to the passerbys, he arrived in front of the player, "Hey, long time no see, heh."

Lycan breathed a sigh of relief as the azure scalped warrior worked his way over to him. Nothing embarrassed worse than calling out someones name to them only to learn its the wrong person. Feeling his chest lighten from the accurate recollection, Lycan offered the old acquaintance a simple two finger salute.

"Hey, man! Hope you've been good. The information brokers have been abuzz with the news from the upper floors. In the past few months we've had the most deaths since week one."

The youth gave a nervous smile that faded quickly. To him, news held little to no weight to those who experienced the loss first hand. Delving too deep into the details didn't suit this fortunate reunion.

"It's good you're safe," Lycan stated somberly.

"Hey, listen. I know you probably don't have much free time on your hands, but I'm trying to help this NPC lady find her missing girl. I'm pretty sure its some low level quest judging by how everyone treats her."

Lycan gestured down the way. While it was difficult to see who exactly he was referring to, the cries for help of a desperate mother still reached them.

"I'm not all too confident in my survival abilities and was wondering if you might know some people to help speed up the search?"

Lycan hadn't seen the warrior in about a month or so. Even then, their brief moment working together with the fencer named Manta hardly warranted a favor. Still, the novice knew Calrex was good people and his moral compass remained on track despite some of SAO's darkest horrors.

Edited by Lycan

Baldur had been in the the village of Urbus working on some connections and material gathering for his merchant shop, when he heard someone shout out a very familiar name.

"Calrex!" he heard an unfamiliar voice call out.

Giving a whistle, Baldur caught Gram's attention, and he and his white wolf familiar proceeded through the west gates.

The gaijin samurai smiled when he caught sight of his kohei's back, speaking with some silver haired noob. Placing the fruits of his transaction, literally, into his blue and white haori, Baldur rested his left hand on his new katana and approached the Ultramarine Knight.

"Ohayo!" Baldur called out to the pair, approaching with a smile in his steel blue eyes and and a friendly, American style wave.

"Calrex, How are you my friend? And afternoon to you as well." Baldur indicated his greet to Lycan with a slight bow of his head.

"I am called Baldur. I don't believe I recognize you, but a friend of Calrex is a friend of mine."

Gram, Baldur's new White Wolf familiar, padded silently up to Lycan and game him a judgemental sniff, before bending one paw and bowing to the new player.

"And I guess is Gram likes you, then you must be good people."

The wolf then turned his head to Calrex and sniffed the player several times, walking around him in a circle and then suddenly leaning against the blue haired player, somehow managing to put all his weight against the side of Cal's knee.

"Why do I always scout the lower floors ... it's not like I'm going to find some Front Line material down here anyways ..." Macradon through for himself as he, Commander of Vanguard, was on the second floor, looking for members to join. The Guild was withering down, as well as Mack's sudden disappearance didn't help either, Macradon was usually the highest in command of the Guild when present, due to the commander being busy himself. A lot of pressure put upon him, maybe he was just compensating the pressure by going down to the lower floors to steam out? That, or he was just too stupid to think of anything else to do. Looking around, Macradon would notice a fellow he would know, it was Calrex, the tank of the front lines, at least one of them. Macradon would see what was going on. Macradon wore his uniform as always, white and red armor and his Demonic Sickle sword on his back. His head was adorned with his sallet helmet with the visor down to hide his identity, but it would usually be found anyways, since he was one of the only ones actually wearing helmets. It felt quite counter intuitive to wear a helmet to hide yourself, when you're the only one doing it ...

"NPC find her child? Oh you must be referring to the Let There Be Light quest. Sure, I can lend a hand with tha..."

As he was speaking to Lycan the bluenette heard another familiar voice speak, delivering a casual Japanese greeting. Looking over Calrex saw that it was his good friend, fellow Spectrum Coalition member, and katana teacher, Baldur. He gave a nod and a friendly smile, "Hey Bal, good to see you're doing well."

Looking down he saw that the samurai-themed player appeared to have gotten himself a familiar in the form of a white wolf. The creature brought a smile to his face, at least until he felt the entirety of the wolf's weight on his knee. He felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "Hi there...Gram. Nice to meet you."

At the sight of another familiar in Calrex's vicinity his own familiar, Roc, descended from above with hunting swoop, appearing just above the trio in a flash of light before settling down on the Ultramarine Knight's shoulder. "Oh, looks like you got Roc curious, heh. Gram, everyone, this is Roc."

Looking over Calrex also saw another familiar face in the crowd. Of course sporting the Knights of the Blood guild crest in some ways made one stand out. Giving a friendly wave he called to the young man, "Hey Mac, long time no see!"

Macradon smiled, he had been spotted. Quickly opening up the menu to go to the inventory and put his helmet away, Macradon would reply with a smile and a wave himself. "Good to see you too, Cal!" he said with a nice and friendly tone. It was great to be recognized by others out of his guild, he wasn't all that famous anyways, even though he was the Vanguard Commander of the guild, as well as the highest in charge at most events, since both the commander and Mack had been absent at this time around. Macradon would look and spot another familiar face, it was one he had seen on the frontlines a few times, if he recalled correctly, the man's name was Baldur. Macradon would snicker at the thought of that name, as it was quite close to the Norse god's name  Balder in Danish, and something he couldn't remember in English, something like Baldr or something along those line. Either way, it was a man he remembered. "Hey there, Baldur. What's going on here?" he would ask as the three frontliners stood together in a small ball, together with a somewhat familiar face.

The red head was wandering outside of Urburus, the mountains towering over the trees that surrounded her. She had the muramasa in her scabbard, her white hand resting gently on the blade. A wolf was prowling around the girl, leaping at her fangs and claws bared, it went for the attack. Carefully the girl side steps several times avoiding the creature with ease. She let out a sigh before she drew her blade slicing the wolf and killing it without even activating a sword art. “Why was I even training on something that weak?” A cry from high above caused Teayre to look up, eagles flying amongst each other over head. She swallowed closing her eyes as they started to become damp. “Bel…” she mutters before looking down and opening her menu. Selecting her husband she sends him a message informing him that she was on the second floor. Leaning against a tree she sighs, “I wonder if he’ll be able to find me.”

Spoiler

ID: 66643 BD: 10 (8 + 4 ACC) CD: 10 LD: 4 MD: 2

Teayre: 189/189 EN: 45/46 (Standard attack used)

Wolf: 0/12 15 DMG – 3 MIT = 12 DMG.

Edited by Teayre

One... Two... Three...

Lycan's chest tightened out of either fear or intimidation as his attempt to flag one man lead to the near immediate formation of a party. A samurai, classic knight, light hearted hero and novice swordsmen all stood together at the archway to Urbus. 'What a strange group,' thought the teen.

"Heya," Lycan greeted to Baldur and his husky... er, wolf. 

"Dude," the teen continued. "Is that a wolf?"

As he asked, the white beast sniffed at him, bowed, and moved on to Calrex. The young swordsman sat with mouth ajar. Sure, it was a digital creature preprogrammed with standard behaviors, but in a world where fake was real and real was a dream, the details were lost in the experience.

"That's awesome," Lycan remarked. Meanwhile, a falcon dove from above, turning the impromptu meet and greet into a Discovery Channel special. Roc, as it was named, perched on Calrex's shoulder and the green hue of envy crawled across Lycan's features. 

"Well then. I'm not jealous. Not at all," he voiced aloud with arms folded over his chest and a cheeky smile.

"Don't suppose you lot might want to help me out with search and rescue? Calrex called it 'Let There Be Light' quest. Some lady is looking for her daughter?"

Lycan turned to Calrex as he finished greeting what he could only assume were other players equally as strong as he.

"Think we could party up? If we find the girl quick enough we could, I dunno, do a little sparring? And by that I mean get a free lesson in swordplay I can use for later?" he asked with a musing grin.

Baldur smiled at Macradon when he removed his helmet revealing his face to everyone. They all seemed to be quite friendly with one another, and that was a nice change of pace after his adventure with Teayre. A group that worked well together was ideal, and exactly what Baldur was constantly on the lookout for.

"I am doing well, thank you for asking. And yes, that's a <<White Wolf>> from out by the frozen lake on the fourth floor."

Baldur smiled as Cal's own familiar flew down and landed on the ultramarine knight's shoulder. He wished he had a cracker or something to feed the bird.

"I had thought about getting a raven and naming him Hugin, but I decided to go for more of the Wolf of Mibu thing." He chuckled softly.

Baldur smiled as Gram walked over to him and did the same thing he had done to Cal, and that was rest against his knee with all of his weight. For a moment it looked like Baldur would topple over, but the wolf just had a self satisfied expression on his face.

"The 'Let There Be Light Quest'? With the Bats? Oh man, that quest took me forever back in the day. Yea, I'm down to help." Baldur scratched the wolf between the ears and its head began to lean into him more.

(OOC: This thread has been stagnating a bit, eh?)

Macradon would look at the familiars grouping up here, it wasn't like he hadn't experienced it before. Last time he met with a ton of low leveled players, nearly all had a familiar of their own, be it a friendly pet or a battle partner, they all had one of 'em. Macradon wasn't against having a familiar at all, it was great having one, he had one once as well, but now that buddy is gone. Somewhere in the main files, the creature would still be a code, at least Macradon believed that. His mind strolling away from what was really the matter here wasn't a good start at all, he had to focus some more. Looking at the one the players had gathered around, which wasn't Calrex, Macradon heard something about the quest <<Let there be light>> which he had cleared maybe twice or so. Helping out on that one wouldn't be that big of a problem after all. "Yeah, it took me nearly a day alone as well, it wasn't too pleasant at all, going around down there in a dark cave" he said "But that would probably not be a problem anymore, since I've done it a pair of times now" he said.

"Sure, sound good to me."

Calrex gave a friendly smile and nod of approval. After doing so suddenly he recognized the familiar ping of a message arriving in his inbox as he pulled it up, opening the message, "Huh, looks like Teayre's on this floor as well."

Looking at the group the bluenette gave a nod, "Shall we get headed towards the gates then? My wife is actually outside of Urbus, so we can possibly add one more to the party if that's alright with you Lye."

Putting his left hand into his jacket pocket he used his right to send out a quick message, letting the redhead know that he was on the same floor and was going to be assisting a lower level player with the <<Let There Be Light>> quest, inviting the Crimson Maiden along should she so choose. "If Teayre does decide to come along that's three strong AOE fighters in our team, so clearing out two simple bats is going to be a piece of cake, heh."

'Forth Floor,' Lycan thought, 'That's the frozen level? Haven't been there yet.'

"I haven't considered a familiar yet, but I have a ways to go. I like that Norse idea. Might steal it from you." The youth nodded his head at Baldur and his arctic companion. 

He snapped his head to Macradon, whom he only knew as "Mac". Given his statement, Lycan deduced he too was on the same caliber as Calrex. So far, that put three players of superior rank in the group, all of which with prior knowledge of the task. The teen glanced back toward the direction of the mother and felt his lips turn into a faint smile.

'This'll be quicker than I thought', he mentally mused.

Calrex brought his attentions back with mentions of his wife.

"You're married?" came Lycan's thoughts spilled out as words. His eyes widened at the failure to execute tact in the question. He shook his head and threw up his hands.

"Nevermind, another time," the teen commented. Until now, he wasn't aware of a marriage system within the game, nor the prospect that two players could fall so deeply in love with one another in this coffin of a situation.

"Let's head out and meet her. Tell her we can meet up to the Southwest where the lady said she saw her daughter last. Well gents, shall we?" Lycan asked, motioning to the field.

The youth took the lead, breaching the safe zone barrier first. Meanwhile, he flipped open the main menu, navigating the screens to a social window where he shot a request for party to Calrex. Unsure of the spelling of Baldur's name and unable to find Mac's, Lycan dismissed his interface. He glanced back to Calrex as the window appeared and nodded to himself.

'I'm sure he'll forward the request,' Lycan thought. 'I made the party public just in case.'

With a deep breath, Lycan focused his sights on the horizon where the forest's edge began a towering sea of green. The southwest forest looked taller than the immediate surroundings, as if trees grew atop trees. A cliff-side rose midst the woods and would be the best location for caves or caverns. There would be the best chance of success at finding Elise.

The further out he ventured, the less concentrated the local players became and the more concentrated nearby mobs could be seen. Near the outskirts of the wooded area and arguably the densest monster habitat, Lycan turned to the bluenette, Roc in tow.

"Should we wait for your wife?" Lycan asked, stopping shy of the forest.

A blue peregrine falcon cawed from high above her. Glancing up Teayre smiles slightly, “Roc.” She whispers to herself. Following the trail at which the bird had come she spots a motley crew of players. The red head watches as the pass the front of the forest, where she was hidden a touch back from the treeline. “Should we wait for your wife?” Stepping out she quietly walks forwards, drawing the Muramasa she places it on white haired man’s shoulder, with only one hand on the hilt.  “Now why would you want to wait for me?” She asks him a coy smile coming to her lips, twisting her wrist slightly so that the sharp edge of her blade rested against his neck. “Calrex, Baldur.” Teayre greets two of the players, before nodding at Macradon. “So, why would you want to wait for me, Lycan? You wouldn’t happen to have a death wish would you?” Teayre goaded the boy from behind.

Edited by Teayre

Macradon sighed lightly as Teayre made her appearance, and it wasn't really just any normal appearance at all. A blade drawn, close to Lycan's neck. It wasn't a nice look at all, but all he was sure of was that she wasn't going for the kill just yet. Lowering his head in a nod towards Teayre as she acknowledged his presence was enough for both of them, at least it was enough for Macradon. He wasn't too fond of Teayre as the moment, mostly because of the incident with Manta and Ebony. But that aside, he hadn't heard more about the crimson haired girl or any other killing spree she might've had in the meantime, which probably meant that she hadn't been doing anything major, if she had it would've been noticed around the castle of Aincrad.

"Not so much waiting, eh?" he would ask Lycan as his life actually was at the line at the moment, be it just a ruse or not. Though Macradon couldn't feel too much blood lust around Teayre's aura, so he wasn't too worried about Lycan's life. Looking at the group that was now formed, he was sure this quest would be over with at quite the fast pace. Everyone should've at least gotten through the quest once and would be able to know where the girl was, as well as being able to defeat the 2 bats they would need to encounter. This quest was to be cleared rather quickly.

Edited by Macradon

Baldur blinked in surprise when Teayre suddenly appeared with her sword at Lycan's throat. Closing his eyes, Baldur counted backwards from ten to regain control of his annoyance at Teayre's antics. He wanted to walk over there and knock her sword away from Lycan and scold her, but she was still out of his league, and that was more for Calrex to reign in his wife, though he wasn't sure if his kohei was up to the task or not.

"Lycan, let me introduce to you Teayre. Teayre, this is our friend Lycan, whom we are helping out." Baldur tried not to let his annoyance stress the latter half of his words, but he failed miserably. He never knew what to expect from Teayre, as if she were chaos incarnate, while Baldur was more of a paragon of Order. They were almost diametrically opposed.

"We shouldn't be far from the quest location now. Can you see or hear anything now Lycan? I can't hear the quest hook since I've already taken it, but you should be able to hear the little girl calling for help when we're close by."

Hopefully, he was able to push through the issue with Teayre, but Baldur couldn't blame Lycan for being freaked out by her actions either.

ID# 67726: // BD: 11 (9+2ACC) // CRITICAL HIT 

The teen never felt the kiss of a blade before. Its cold embrace lightly chilled the skin, forcing hairs to stand on end. Her question dripped like venom along its edge, burying beneath the surface and coursing through the teen's veins. Jovial and light demeanor faded from his expression. Now cold, rigid, and dark, Lycan stood absolutely still. His heartbeat rose, and adrenaline dialated his eyes.

Mac spoke and implied the identity of the assailant. Baldur followed and confirmed any doubts.

'Teayre,' he repeated in his mind, body tense. 

"Can you see or hear anything now Lycan?" he heard Baldur ask.

'Is that...?'

Without hesitation, the back of Lycan's hand shot up at Teayre's blade. Its cold edge buried deep and ruptured motes of red into the air, however it was enough to skirt the weapon from his neck. The teen dropped his body low, pivoting on his heel. Harbinger's steel sang out into the air as the boy's amber gaze locked with that of the Crimson Maiden.

He surged forward, the familiar hum of Cardinal's assist emanating off Harbinger's length.

Twin Vertical Arcs (4 EN) lashed out and locks of crimson hair swept to the air in their wake.

Teayre: 189/189 HP // 46/46 EN

Lycan: 30/36 HP // 5/9 EN // 9 MIT // <<-15 DMG>>

Wolf: 0/20 HP // 18 DMG // 4 MIT <<- 24 DMG>>

A feral howl and burst of pixels announced the death of Lycan's target.

"Whew," he sighed. "Close one."

The teen, now behind Teayre, turned about as he slid Harbinger back into its sheath.

"Just waiting for you to get here so we could meet up," he answered holding out his marred hand in a gesture to shake hers. "No death wish, really. Just trying to help some NPC mom find her kid."

Lycan leaned to the right a few inches to make eye contact with Baldur.

"No cries yet," he added. "But I think there's a pack of wolves nearby."

It was then, and only then that Lycan noticed the hovering orange marker above Teayre's head.

"Oh shi--!" Lycan barked. "That didn't make you orange did it?! My bad! I'm so sorry! I just don't like seeing people get attacked from behind."

The youth tried to hide it, but the faintest movement of his lips curled into a the semblance of a grin.

"Nice to meet you, Teayre."

Edited by Lycan
Removed an apostrophe from "it's"

Teayre raised an eye at Macradon, before watching Baldur’s lips, her own curling. “Helping him out are w-“ Her sentence was cut short however as the white haired teen in front of her spin around and shoot past her. Her hand tightened on her blade as she span. Following.

Even as Lycan cryed out at making her orange Teayre’s blade was already coming down, the steel slicing some of the white strands away from the top of his head. Her blade cut through a werewolf just the other side of the boy as he offered his hand to her, although she hadn’t managed to strike in time. Skidding to a stop she glared out her new acquaintance. Her hand wrapped tightly around the leather bound hilt of the blade. “Lycan.” Teayre muttered quietly, slowly. “That was my hair.” She continued, stepping forwards a loose branch snapping under her foot.

Her left thumb pressed against the tsuba of the sheathed blade as the red head bared some of the naked steel. Her right hand moved slightly. “Now. You three.” She continues glaring at the two members of the Spectrum Coalition and the tag along. “Why in the name of me did you not spot those wolves and deal with them?”

ID: 67742 BD: 7 (3 + 4 ACC) CD: 12 (Nat) [Battle Healing Activate] LD: 10 MD: 8 (Hit Teayre)

Teayre: 189/189 – (6 DMG – 12 MIT + 11 BH)
EN: 45/46

Lycan: 30/36 EN: 5/9
WereWolf: 0/15 15 DMG - DEAD

Edited by Teayre

At his wife's entry Calrex wasn't sure whether to feel on edge, or to merely react in an awkward manner like he had done in the past. It was certainly not the best way to introduce oneself, especially to someone of a lower level that may already be intimidated by the face she was a player-killer. However, it appeared that Lycan had taken the action in stride, instead slaying a wolf behind Teayre. This appeared to have turned into some strange domino effect, as the redhead herself repeated the action. It made the bluenette want to smash his face into his palm, but at the least from what he could tell the tension was over, or at least diverted.

Giving a smirk the bluenette gave a shrug, "You know that I don't have the Reveal skill anymore, it's hard to spot enemies at times, heh. Besides, it looks like you two managed to remove them just fine. If that's the case, then a couple of measly bats within that cave will pose no problem at all."

Returning to his friendly smile he walked over, rubbing the top of Teayre's head, "I'm glad you could make it though. It's certainly been a while."

Sighing by what he saw was happening to Lycan, Macradon would try not to say anything, as he felt like a ... one, two three, four ... something like a fifth wheel on a cart. It was more like Teayre, Calrex and Baldur were more on the same page, and them helping Lycan out with this quest seemed to be something they were doing, like Macradon was just there because. He would mutter slightly at Lycan "Don't mess with a girl's hair", aiming that towards what just happened. Rising his shoulders slightly, Macradon would apologize for not spotting out the potential, or actually not really, danger that were coming in from behind Teayre. "I'm sorry, but even if I did spot them, I don't think they would pose any threat to you, Teayre" he said. He was quite sure that mere 2nd floor creatures wouldn't harm any of the present, well maybe hurting Lycan slightly, but just slightly. All the four here were frontliners, all capable of taking on everything alone below the 10th floor, heck, even under the 14th floor. He would just sigh deeply and hope that they would get on with the quest, as it didn't seem like the mood was set for a happy go lucky questing.