[PP-F7] Dangerous Terrain (Hakai, Seul, Zandra)

Dangerous Terrain

<<48 hour limit per post>>

Tall mountains that seemed to scrap at the very ceiling of the next floor up.  With many caverns and winding slopes, the seventh floor has been known to be one of the more difficult floors to navigate.  It makes one wonder how the front lines came through here so fast, but that only means that there are places yet unexplored.  Riches untold could await the ones that find its secrets, but those that have tried have never come back.  They say that there are echoing screams coming from within the tunnels, while the loud rumbling of something big terrorizes the citizens of Nimbus.

It was all about a rumored sub-dungeon that caught the hunters attention.  With everything that had changed, he wanted to see how a sub-dungeon would work out.  On the notice boards, the hunter had placed a recruitment party for hunting down this creature.  In the mean time, he figured that a few friendly people would like to join along, and sent a few messages to those that wished to become stronger.  He would be waiting for them in the mountain fortress, Nimbus.

Edited by Hirru

Zandra was relaxing one stair outside her beachhouse. There she sat, gazing acorss the ocean towards the horison. But suddenly the peacefulness got abrupted. There was a mail in her inbox that wanted to be red."well, what do we have here." She said as she pressed the icon and then started to read."Mm... hm... okay... it sounds fun." She said to herself when reading thru the mail she had got from the hunter himself."End of resting I guess."she pushed herself up."Zita! Time to head out now, time for some adventuring." The eagle familiar darted out thru the ope  door with a long cry."Guess where we are going. We will be in the mountains on floor seven." Suddenly the faniliar seemed to bde filled with energy and she flew back and forth, back and forth."Hehe, I guess you dont have anything avainst it." Zandra said as she started to walk towards the main settleme t of floor sixteen.

About twenty minutes later, Zandra and Zita exited the warp gate at floor seven into Nimbus."Now we here." She said to Zita. She looked around in the green light around them to spot the hunter. The green light gave everything a kind of spooky feeling. It didnt took long to find the hunter."Hello there Hirru. I saw you was heading for a dungeon again. How are you doing?"

Hakai walked away from the news board, smiling to herself. Someone was getting a group together for a subdungeon. There was no way that she wasnt going to join in. Subdungeons always had plenty of skill points. She gripped the handle of her katana as she walked, heading to the seventh floor. She appeared on the seventh floor a few minutes later, in the center of Nimbus. She didn't know the person in charge of this subdungeon run, and she doubted that she would know any of the participants, so she didnt know who she was looking for. Instead she started looking for small groups of players, assuming that at least one person would be there before her. Her eyes fell on a woman with an eagle who was speaking to a man. She started to walk over to them. Even if they werent the right people she was bound to have an interesting conversation, just because of the eagle. "Hey, im looking for a subdungeon group." She stated as she got close to them.

Today Seul would find himself up on the seventh floor, walking the streets of Nimbus in an effort to find the sub-dungeon party that was being advertised on the local bulletin boards. The poster was Hirru, a fellow member of the knights and someone he had fought alongside before in the past. He was a reliable scout when it came to these sort of things so the chances of the party actually finding a dungeon seemed pretty high. 

He would walk and walk until eventually he came across a small group forming around the hunter. The two women looked vaguely familiar but rather than try to remember where he last saw their faces he simply brushed the thought aside in favor of greeting the leader of the expedition with a wave instead. "Hey man, I saw your post about forming a party. You can count me in if there's still any room.

[I'll just put down a two day / 48 hours time limit for posts.  Since @Rain hasn't post yet, and we don't want to wait around.  I'll start it up from here with the four.]

The first to come was one of his previous working party members, and one that he could easily count on.  This was the berserk healer herself, Zandra.  It seemed that the changes had affected her too, as she seemed to be carrying herself with a much more powerful aura than before.  Though, that may be his biased opinion as by now, they had completed two ventures together.  He nodded to her before saying something about them waiting on a few others.

The second to come was something that he didn't know.  The hunter had never seen her on any of the other floors, but that was easy to accomplish.  There were still thousands of souls living within hallowed walls of this castle.  The chances of one person meeting everyone was slim, but not impossible.  She seemed to be searching for their group, or so he thought.  The hunter waved her over.

"We're looking for one, if you would like to join us!"

The latest one came around just in time.  The lodestar himself, Seul.  He had really been affected by the change, as he lost his shield usage, making him revert from dagger and board to just dagger.  A horrible change for sure, but that wouldn't change that guys disposition.  The hunter welcomed his guild mate with open arms, but Seul got closer, the hunter put his arm around him staring at him with a sharp grin.

"Seul, you better not fall asleep on me, like last time!"

He growled before releasing his friend and guild mate before looking at everyone there.  There were not many there, but it would have to do.  He didn't want another disaster party like last time.

"Alright, is this everyone, or should we wait for more?"

OOC: omg! I knew i missed one! So sorry! I'm writing now! D:

Rushing out of the portal of the 7th floor, the wanderer began running at a random direction. He saw a notice on the announcements about Hirru forming a party to go dungeon diving. He was probably late by now, but he was hoping there would still be room. As he ran around Nimbus, he couldn't find his former guildmate. After a few minutes of running and wandering, he stopped to take a breather. As he stood there hunched over and gasping for breath, he opened his HUD. He was sure he knew exactly where he was going already so he figured he didn't need his map. But, true to the wanderer's nature, he was dead wrong. It seems he had been running in the wrong side of the city. After another minute of resting, he took one deep breathe before running towards the other side of the city.

It didn't take long this time to find and reach the Jaded Hunter. His green scalp stuck out easily even though the lighting in this city were of green crystals. Once he was close enough he raised his hands to wave the already fairly sized group. "Hey, got room for one more?" He said as he began to tinker with his HUD and bringing out his new weapon of choice, A silver colored spear with a snow white tassle near the bladed tip. It had been custom made by OIkawa himself. There was nor more katana wielding for the wanderer.

Edited by Rain

Not long time after Zandra, another girl arrived. The newly arrived female said she was looking for a subdungeon group. Zandra looked from Hirru to herself and the on the girl."Well, I cant realy say we are 'group' yet. Thou we are waiting for other pmayers to show up. And with you here I guess you can say we are a group now."

After the girl arrived a man. Zandra did recognized him and she wasnt pleased."Well, you realy gonna let him join in Hirru? You remember what happened last time right? I dont want to get a deja vu." She said with a wondering look on her face.

Lastly, her fellow alchemist master appeared. The alchemist she was doing a quest chain to find a couldron that would make both of them a great boost to their crafting."Hello there Rain. You decided to join in, awesome. But dont forget about tomorrow when we gonna do next part of the quests.

@Hakai @Seul @Hirru @Rain

Edited by Zandra
  • 3 weeks later...

The memory of his last dungeon dive came rushing back with the woman's words... And he couldn't help but let an annoyed expression grow across his face as she spoke. So what if he was a little flaky at times? If dungeon hunting wasn't so annoying he probably would have paid more attention. Of course he didn't actually say any of this to her face though. No, he opted to ignore her comment in favor of addressing Hirru instead. 

"No promises of course, but I doubt I'll be as bad as I was last time." With the recent changes that game shifts that occured he needed to devote more time toward leveling up. There were still a great amount of players who already surpassed the level fifty target range. If he didn't get back into training then he would just be left behind like last time and that was the last thing he wanted to occur. Escpecially if he had any say in the matter. 

"I'm ready when everyone else is."

Edited by Seul

The hunter was glad to see that Rain would accompany them along this venture.  The last time he saw him, his skills were on par with the hunters, and they would greatly benefit from them, especially if they grew from the time.  The hunter nodded to the wanderer with a smile.  He may not be apart of the Knights, but that didn't mean that he wouldn't be friendly to a comrade-in-arms.  

With the group mostly assembled, one of the members seemed to be in doubt about another, specifically Zandra against Seul.  The last time they partied together, the hunter and berserk healer had to complete the entire dungeon due to the others "Lagging", or so others say.  The hunter nodded to his teammate to show his confirmation.

"The situation was not exactly in our favor to begin with, as we had a number of lower leveled players with us.  Though, the real nuisance wasn't in our hands to control, so I do not wish to put that against a potential expedition member, Zandra.  I'm sure you realize that with the current situation, we require any that can carry a blade efficiently.  I know no one more qualified than Seul."

He would say before looking at everyone.

"Alright, I believe that this is will do, for now.  We'll be going into the underbelly of the seventh floor's mountains, in search of sub-dungeons and more.  We'll be going in with both Zandra and myself as the vanguard.  The rest will follow behind us as you see fit.  If there are any questions, please address them as we move.  I would like to get this venture started"

He said before motioning everyone forward was they moved past the towns safe zone, into the depths of the mountains.

@Zandra

Edited by Hirru
  • 1 month later...

I listened as the green haored hunter took the role of a leader. After all, he was the one that had gathered the group so he was the one that had most right to it. But not only that, as I listened to him speaking, I felt something different. From my opinion, this guy woud some day, become a great leader. When he had cougth up with the other frontliners, then maybe he would be the one leading the boss radis. Well that, only time could tell. But I wouldn’t be surprised if that is gonna be the case. It also seemed that now everyone was ready. Or, at least me Hirru and Seul. The other two, Rain and a blondie, had didn’t said anything particular. Just as I thougth the thougth, I saw Rain turn around and leave the group. ‘’Hey Rain, youre not gonna come with us?’’ He just mentioned something about working in his store as he disappeared as he turned around the corner of a house. I shrugged my shoulders and started following Hirru out of the settlement.

Rain leaves the thread

OOC: I don’t think Rain is gonna join this thread, so I just made him leave so it is a little more rp-ish then he just spacing out.

@Hakai, @Seul, @Hirru

• 4 weeks later...

A shrug was the best the knight could muster in response, but ultimately he was satisfied with the end results of Hirru’s intervention. It seemed he was going to be sticking around for the dungeon after all. With the air within the group somewhat clear now, he followed the hunter’s lead and began to walk out of town at a steady pace. Hopefully the trip wouldn’t turn out to be a waste of time. It had been a while since the last time he entered a dungeon with a party and because his scouting capabilities were rather low, Seul tended to stay away from such places during his solo journeys into the wilderness.

That’s why whenever an opportunity reared its head to advance, acting fast and grabbing ahold of it became his top priorities. It was only a matter of clearing a few more floors before the next tier of equipment would be unlocked and along with it came a sad truth: The players who could use it would be strong and everyone else would be weak. That's just how the world worked.