PP/NK - F17 Coalition Summit (Spectrum Coalition)

After arriving on the seventeenth floor Calrex gave a small sigh as he stretched his arms, immediately making his way towards the gates leading out of the settlement. As it was every single time he visited the floor, the settlement's ambient noise was kept to a low roar because of the moderate amount of business. With the opening of the floor above, it was no surprise. "Still seems like people would prefer to keep their shops on the lower floors though."

Swiping on his menu he summoned up a message, adding all of the known members of the Spectrum Coalition. Even though they had been officially approved by the system, it was yet that all five of the members had ever met together at the same time outside of floor raids. Even though they were acquainted with each other to some level, formalities needed to be taken care of. In addition to that, Calrex wanted to hear whatever concerns they had. "We are a guild after all. Even though I'm the supposed leader, I'm at best a figurehead. I don't believe in a chain of command for the coalition, and as such we should all be on equal ground."

Sending out the invite, he set the coordinates to be one of the more untouched locations of the seventeenth floor, Mount Olympia. Supposedly there were god-like creatures that called that place their home, but if there was something that he was already well aware of, it was that his own overleveled self was capable of matching those that NPC lore would consider gods, merely because he was far too strong for the seventeenth floor.

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets Calrex made his way over, reaching the location and ascending to the top. However, when he got there no monsters were to be seen. Shrugging his shoulders he went over to a nearby pillar, leaning against it as he glanced up at the sky for a moment, "Now the question is if they will be able to make it."

@Teayre @Oikawa @Baldur @Takao

"A rather redundant question if you ask me," quipped the blonde as he ascended the steps of the summit. His crimson gaze lingered about the mountain top, soaking in the view the top had to offer. Selecting a pillar opposite the bluenette, Oikawa propped himself against the weathered stone and waited for the rest to arrive.

"So will this truly be the first time we've all gathered together outside a boss raid? Some guild we are."

The notion that the guild had come together individually was a contradiction in its self. But it seemed to be the most accurate description of the creation of Spectrum Coalition. Lifting a finger, Oikawa summoned his menu and selected his friend list. Scrolling, he stopped at the letter K. Two names fit the data, both women who have affected in ways he had never imagined. A sigh expelled from the blonde.

"One is M.I.A. and the other has a death wish," mumbled the blonde.

"The idea is unbreakable bonds, isn't it?" Came the strong, laid back voice of the wanna-be Samurai as he rounded a rock and ascended the mountain from a direction opposite Oikawa. The path he had taken was rather scenic and wound it's way in circles around the mountain, it had taken him a considerable amount of time to wind his way around the mountain, but he had already been on it when the message from Calrex had come.

"A bit on the nose for a location, but I like it?"

Baldur placed a hand on one of those pillars an examined it for a long moment before leaning his back against it.

"The real one is an impressive sight as well."

He quirked a smile. Traveling through Italy and Greece to see all that was inspired by those gods of Olympus was one of Baldur's favorite memories. He watched as Oikawa's face flickered to a bit of a sad expression. He appeared to be looking at his UI. What could affect him so?

"I suppose it is only appropriate that we all gather here for our first guild meeting of sorts. We have lofty aspirations of sorts. Not godhood, but to slay one, I think it fair to say."

• 2 weeks later...

The message appeared on her HUD. Teayre read over it several times before dismissing it. Looking up at the sky she sighed. Did she want to have to explain her actions? Why she gave up the items that she did? The red head grimaced. “People learned to look past Zelrius. Lowenthal. Oikawa’s made it beyond his past.” The thoughts of what she could do with her blade, it almost sent shivers down her spine. “Then there was the dream.” She blinked as the clouds revealed the sun. Hopping off the rock she was perched on the girl makes her way over to the location her husband had asked for. Unarmed, no armour. Simply her normal clothes, on the second highest unlocked floor.

Arriving she looks at the trio already there. The Spectrum Coalition. What right did she have to be among this group, that put their complete trust in each other? Raising a hand in greeting she sits down next to her husband. Resting her head against his leg as she twirls her hand around his boot. Playing with the laces.

First was Oikawa as Calrex gave a laugh, "Yeah, we're kind of a ragtag bunch in terms of organization huh? Good to see you Oikawa."

It was true, this was the first time that their guild would be meeting as a group together for the first time. He, Teayre, and Oikawa had met in the past many times before the Spectrum Coalition was official formed, and it was usually for other circumstances more than just "guild affairs." Now, with the guild actually officiated in the system, the bluenette to some level felt it was necessary for them to meet up to make sure everyone was on the same page.

The second came Baldur, followed by Teayre as the young woman sat down next to him, resting her head on his leg. With a smile he gave a nod and gently brushed the back of her head, "Glad you guys could make it. I figured this might be a good spot for everyone to meet."

"The thing is...well...I've never actually run a guild before, so I wouldn't be completely sure how to proceed with these things. The other thing is that Takao did put his name down as a part of our guild, but we haven't even formally welcomed him in. I sent a message to him as well, so I hope he can make it."

Baldur nodded as everyone came to the mountain top, though he was a bit surprised to see Teayre in such a docile posture. Perhaps this was what she was like when she was around so many people that she trusted and felt like she could put her guard down, instead of having to show a ferocity in front of everyone. It was a reasonable enough explanation to him, though Teayre seemed the sort of ginger chaos that was impossible to predict, and he had certainly known some people of that type in his life.

"I like this round table leadership idea, but that may confuse some of the other guilds. To that end, I think Cal should take up the role of our.... 'good will ambassador' the person that the other guilds can reach out to if they wish to make an official offer to our guild, or for coordinating things when it comes down to the floor boss raids."

Making such a suggestion was part of Baldur's plan to push Cal into accepting a more leadership role when it comes to the floor raids, and how they would handle them from now on. They had all witnessed just how effective Cal putting his foot down was. It had put an end to the bickering, forced Opal and her guild to withdraw, and pushed the meeting forward in the direction it needed to go.

"Also, I'd like to hear what Teayre has to say... not that I don't appreciate the gift but... what made you decide to give up <<The Muramasa>>?"

He had assumed, and hoped, that it was her stepping forward to try and move away from her reputation as a murderer and return to the fold. He had watched her threaten the other frontliners during the Leonidas fight because she was so wrapped up in her battle-frenzy. It was a frightening sight to behold, and she had appeared to lose all control... that seemed to be a common thread with her. Her bloodlust was a frightening force.

@Oikawa @Teayre @Calrex

The blonde's brow raised as Baldur mentioned  < The Muramasa>, a strong demonic weapon that Teayre had gifted the samurai as well as gifting himself <Akuma's Vain>. He too wondered the reasoning behind the given items, given how spontaneously the trades seemed to happen.

A soft sigh escaped him.

Watching the red haired lass fiddle with Cal's boots, he checked the time and opted  to question Takao abut his whereabouts. It was in fact their first guild meeting, and despite not having a Guild Hall at the moment, Oikawa expected everyone to be in attendance. Shooting off a quick message to the scout, the blonde averted his gaze back to the rest and awaited Teayre's response. Hopefully she'd touch on why she gave him the cape as well.

Teayre raised her head slightly from Calrex’s boot as the questions came towards her. Her hand tightening the red head’s breath catching. “I…” She started before falling silent. In her eyes droplets could be seen starting to form. Swallowing Teayre closes her eyes, letting the water roll down her cheeks. “I...” She began to say again before stopping. Looking up to Calrex she gave a small, smile. A weak smile. “I listened to my friends.” She whispers before dropping her head again. “Akuma’s Vein, it was what I received when I… Killed Manta and Ebony.

Teayre looked at Oikawa, “I wanted you to receive it Kawi-kun, the light armour, the enhancements on it seemed to suit you. The red head paused for a moment. She looked at Baldur. “In the last boss fight, the one against Leonidas, I realised something.” Another pause as her breath caught for a moment, she hand going to her mouth. Teayre retched for a moment. Slowly she stood up. Looking Baldur in the eye, the red haired devil began to kneel. Resting her hands on her knees. “Baldur-sama.” She began biting her tongue, her face contorting with a look of disdain as she retches again. “S-sorry.”

Taking several breaths, Teayre meeting Baldur’s eyes places her left hand on the ground followed by her right. Touching her forehead to the tips of her fingers. “Teach me how to wield a sword. I beg you teach me how to fight, without killing.” The corners of her lips flicked up briefly. “The muramasa… I would like you to hold onto it until you deem me worthy enough to wield it again.” Her red hair was splayed on the floor over her hands. “I’m a killer, that can’t change. What can is my future.” The strands of hair closest to the girl’s face started to become visibly wet.

Baldur was so shocked by Teayre, that he took a half step back with one foot and the surprise was clearly emoted on his normally jovial or serene face. He had expected words of remorse, or repentance... something had obviously changed in the Crimson Maiden, but this... this was what Calrex had believe was within her all along. This was the woman he had fallen in love with fighting to be free. He had only known the vicious, capricious warrior, whom he had felt the need to declare his protection to others from... but now, this woman, whom he would have described as proud above all else, knelt before him and asked that he teach her his... Kendo. No, perhaps his budo.

Teayre was asking him to teach her.

Baldur wasn't sure which was more discongruous, her repentence or her humility. The tears on her face, however, were earnest. She, as far as he could see and believe, was truly repentant and searching for a different way. Immediately, he felt his heart hurt for her. Calrex and he had already had many long talks about Teayre, and it seemed to Baldur that the husband truly knew and cared for his wife.

Kneeling down before the redhead, the gaijin, wanna-be samurai put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm a miserable excuse for a teacher, Teayre, but if there is a way that I can help you... I will do so."

The Azure Chevalier's voice was soft and reassuring, and his hand on her shoulder was just a light, gentle touch. After a moment, Baldur used his  hand to gently bid her to rise up and face them once again. Steel blue eyes glanced over at Calrex to see what his first kouhei would think of this turn of events.

Baldur was not the only one that was caught by surprise at Teayre's request, as Calrex's eyes widened for a second before he instinctively returned back to his calm demeanor. It was certainly explaining her actions as of late, surrendering both the Akuma's Vein and Muramasa to their fellow guild members. Most people would have been more like the Azure Brigade, holding onto whatever they could, especially if it complimented their arsenal. As dangerous as the demonic sword's influence was, mechanically it had the highest modifier to damage. Plus the cloak was certainly nothing to scoff at either, having possessed reflective damage abilities.

With the man that served as his mentor in the way of the sword looking over at him, he could merely give a nod. He wasn't sure if the samurai-themed warrior was confirming permission or not, but from the philosophies that the buenette had learned from him, it was teachings that he believed could help his wife overcome the influence within her mind.

After Baldur gestured for Teayre to sit upright once again he walked over, kneeling down next to the redhead as he placed his own hand on her shoulder in comfort. It was a big step to try and do so, and in some cultures it was certainly demeaning to have to prostrate yourself in front of people you would consider equals or friends. Nonetheless, she had done so to demonstrate the earnest feelings that needed to be conveyed.

The hand on her shoulder, the words from the player. Baldur was agreeing. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she shrugged she hand away refusing to kneel up keeping her nose pressed to the ground. “Baldur… The muramasa. When you believe I am ready to wield such a powerful weapon again…” She falls silent unable to say anything else. The occasional sob, her body shaking. Her friends were around her. Calrex, Oikawa and Baldur. The sights of blue in her peripheral vision and yet another hand on her shoulder caused the girl to break down even more. Tears starting to pool on the floor underneath her.

Slowly after several minutes of waiting the red head began to push herself to her knees the voices of Baldur swirling around in her head. Turning to look at her husband Teayre wiped away the tears that still stained her face. Her eyes flicked to the blonde. He had yet to say a word. She looked down, letting out a sigh. “Do I want to survive?” Gazing for a moment into Calrex’s eyes. Her own eyes were devoid of their usual fire. Any light seemed to not touch the crimson maiden’s eyes as she opened her menu. Taking out the Oikawa Kanashiki, the sheathe dropping to the floor. “To cut through sadness…” She mutters quietly.

@Baldur @Calrex

Edited by Teayre
  • 5 months later...

Reaffirming what she had said only moments ago, Calrex continued to listen as Teayre reiterated that she wanted Baldur to hold onto the Muramasa, currently the only weapon in SAO that was a pure damage boost, and a unique weapon at that. To his knowledge, it was the only sword that boasted four slots of damage, and was currently of the tier they had unlocked. However, just like the weapon was in legend, it was a blade that hungered for battle, for blood, and for death. Maybe back in the days of the warring states, when such instincts were necessary to live and prosper, it may have been treasured. Nowadays, in more civil times, this was something better off forgotten or melted into something more useful, like a kitchen knife.

As his eyes met the redhead's, whose own were devoid of light, his dark blue ultramarine irises seemed to lighten, closer to a sapphire blue shade as his pupils shrank for a moment out of concern and worry before they returned back to their darker shade. He glanced down at the scabbard of the Oikawa Kanashiki, the blade he had commissioned for her so long ago. It was on that night that he first donned the Grand Chariot, the full body heavy armor Teayre had made, while he himself had the katana made, which she was now holding.

The small whisper of her words reached his ears softly as he gave a nod, his eyebrows narrowing with a sense of resolve as he gave a small exhale to himself, calming his senses. Baldur had taught him a few of the martial ways that the samurai kept their emotions under control in battle, the concept of Fudoshin still present in his mind. Throwing those feelings into the fire inside him he felt himself quickly return back to center.

"If Baldur is going to train Teayre, it would be best if I let him focus most of his time on her. I think at this point I need to do some self-reflection of my own. I think now that the path I tried to walk, may not be the one that is best. However, the things I did gleam will prove useful towards the one I need to travel down now..."