[PP-F4] Reunions and new Friends <Itzal, Calrex, Teayre> <<The Knight's KIng>>

Itzal couldn't believe the quest they had selected was on the fourth floor.  Why on earth was it always the fourth floor?  What was so special about this floor he thought.  And still he came here.  There always ended up being a good reason for it.  Today the reason was to find a way to become Teayre's friend.  He had talked to Calrex on floor sixteen and the blue haired man agreed to help him in his efforts.  So when he received a message to meet him on the fourth floor he did not hesitate.  Still, standing there in his Twilight Cloak wasn't the most comfortable experience, in fact far from it.  However he stood there by the gate diligently and patiently waiting for the two.  If Teayre hated weakness she would have hated Itzal, or made fun of him, not too long ago.  He still hated the cold with all his heart but the more he visited this floor the more immune he was becoming.  As he waited he drew Ascendant's Rosario and examined it before sheathing it again.  Calrex was the highest level player there was but Itzal could easily tell he didn't want that title getting in the way of making friends, and Itzal understood that.  Teayre was a pker and thus people automatically hated her at first sight, meaning she might be longing for a friend or two but can't get one.  Itzal of course had always been open to making friends but was always cautious around Teayre because of the murderous look she usually had.  When Calrex told him it was a defense mechanism of hers and explained it further Itzal completely understood and felt that he now wouldn't be bothered by it.  Understanding and knowledge changes much he thought.

@Calrex @Teayre

"Guess the day's come?"

As he saw the message appear in his inbox Calrex opened and read it to be an invitation from Itzal to accompany both him and Teayre on a quest that took place on the fourth floor. Going from what he could tell, there was a couple of quests that actually occurred there, one of them being the recent quest of the <<Night's King>>. He had completed it in the past with Zandra, and it was a fairly smooth encounter, but that may have been the cautious approach they had taken.

Looking over at Roc as he made his way over to the meeting location he glanced down at his hands. He had recently grandmastered the <<Martial Arts>> skill, meaning that he now had a particularly powerful Sword Art in his arsenal, and with the Quick Change mod for his straight sword he could easily switch between the weapons when necessary, with the sword being his means of area attacks, and his fists for solo targets.

"Now the question is if Teayre will be up for the excursion. When we last talked she wanted to start making changes, and to prove herself in the Spectrum Coalition. She's already been doing a lot to distance herself from the person she is currently known in the public eye for, and hopefully I can help her further with that."

The message appeared on her HUD, it was from Itzal. She read it slowly, not once, not twice, but thrice. Her hand shook. The boy wanted her help on a quest and he had the nerve to invite Calrex along as well. She dismissed the message before slowly making her way down to fourth floor. The snow was particularly heavy and even with the survival skill the red head shuddered. “Teayre. He wouldn’t have asked you if he didn’t have some trust in you.” Shaking her head the girl settled down on her familiar mound about a twenty minute walk from Snowfrost. She sat in there picking at her fingernails. “Seriously… What’s taking them so long?” Bringing her menu up the red head quickly types a message to the two people who she was meant to be meeting. The message itself consisted of three words. ‘Hurry it up.’ She lay back resting in the snow, watching as the clouds swirled over head.

Edited by Teayre

OOC- Sorry for the late post I thought I clicked follow but it must not have registered XD

Itzal saw the message pop up and was worried that he might screw this attempt up so early.  He usually didn't rush, but normally he was also very early.  This was not a very good impression he was giving her.  However he knew better than to come up with excuses.  Adjusting his Twilight Cloak he began to sprint to where the location was.  His breath was even and his lungs had no struggle.  Running and sprinting was really easy for him, being a master parkourist.  They had to.  As he rounded the corner he spotted her.  As he reached the area he slowed to a walk, still a ways away, so as to give his lungs and heart some time to slow down.  It was never a good idea to just stop after a long sprint.  He waved to her with a smile as he approached.  "Hey Teayre!  It's uh.  Been a long while hasn't it?  How are you?"  He wasn't sure how she'd react to him acting so nice, but honestly it was who he was.  Despite that she was a pker, he knew she had personal reasons or issues she needed to take care of.  Besides, the past was the past and could not be changed.  Only the future.  He took a seat on a large rock, somehow maintaining to refrain from shivering.  "So we're just waiting on Calrex now right?  I heard a few rumors about this quest but I haven't had the time to scout it out properly.  You know what we'll expect?"

@Calrex

"It's not gonna be much, just a standard clear number of mobs then deal with the field boss."

Not long after Itzal had arrived did Calrex appear at the location, giving a nod to Itzal as he moved into a position which formed a triangle between the three of them, "Long time no see Itzal. In any case, from what I remember of this quest, we need to head further out from here, where a number of frost wights are going to appear. After we clear them out the heavy blizzard of the area will cease, giving us the location of the castle itself. In there is the Night's King, a fairly standard field boss, but the castle interior has a special effect. I believe that it reduces or increases your power to a set level, and no amount of skill or item buffs will change that number. For Teayre and myself, I believe we'll be getting a reduction, while you'll be getting an increase."

Giving a small stretch he looked over at Teayre with a smile, "It seems to be a bit colder out here than usual, so if you need to borrow my coat just let me know."

OC: Don't worry I'm taking forever to catch up to posts cause of college (Uni) & work.

“Itzal…” Her voice was a breath, the smile on the young man’s face, him waving. Teayre glowered at him her hand going to her weapon as she pushed part of the blade free from its sheathe. “What do you want?” She replies her voice cutting as if it were a blade. Her eyes looking over the player she took in what she could. He had levelled well and now he was approaching her own level quite rapidly since she had last quested with him. She took a step forwards when the crunching of feet to her right caused Teayre to look over.  Letting her blade back down into its sheathe as Calrex comes into her view. Shooting him a look that could have killed as he offered the coat. “I’ve got the survival skill to.” She retorted to him.

Turning to face Itzal and cut the triangle that had been formed she begins to talk. “The Night’s King… It’s not an easy quest, what the rude person said is wrong. Damage is capped at twelve, but if you’ve not got that high you don’t get an increase. The best bet will be your bleeds and stuns. Although… The wraiths beforehand as easy enough.”

OOC- No prob Teayre, RL comes first ^^

As Teayre pulled her blade ever so slightly from it's sheath Itzal couldn't help but wonder if she intended to simply intimidate him or to actually strike him down.  He saw no reason for her to kill him so he was assuming it was to intimidate him.  When she asked him what it was he wanted he answered.  "We hadn't seen each other for a while so I thought we could do a quest together.  When I heard that Calrex was your husband, and I wanted to get to know him a little better, I figured we could all do the quest together."  Just then they heard the crunching of feet and Itzal glanced real quick and nodded with a smile to Calrex, but he caught the look from Teayre and couldn't help but wonder.  Were the two on good terms right now?  This certainly wouldn't be easy.  However he just saw it as the reward would be all the greater.  He listened to Calrex describe the quest and right after he finished he offered his coat to Teayre, who told him she had the survival skill.  So they all had it.  He listened to Teayre's words and nodded.  "I figured as much.  At least I can help out with the wraiths and be your support during the boss mob.  I doubt you guys need it but I have a few mass healing songs I can use if it comes down to it."  He rested his hand subconsciously on the handle of Ascendant's Rosario.  "Well I'm ready when you guys are."

@Calrex

"Hm...then the quest must have changed from when Zandra and I completed it. If the damage is capped at twelve, that actually isn't too bad, since our default amount of damage is usually thirteen. It just means that my Charge skill won't have the extra damage, and only apply the stunning effect."

"Sounds good then. At the least we'll be able to dispatch the wraiths with ease. From what I remember the amount changes with the number of party members, so we should be ready with our area of effect attacks once they come into sight. It's still a small trip from here to the area where the castle is located, so let's get moving."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets the bluenette gave a small sigh, making sure that the harsher-than-usual commentary from his wife didn't reflect on his face. This was of course a quest Itzal had invited the two of them on, but it was also an attempt to try and speak to the redhead on more cordial and casual grounds. However, as per most conversations, it was off to a rather rough and awkward start. Glancing upwards he made note of Roc's position as the peregrine falcon flew further forward to scout. Making sure the Grand Blade II was secure on the back of his hip Calrex looked outwards at the landscape, beginning to scan for the spawning location. When he had last come here, a fierce blizzard had hindered his vision, and the weather seemed to dissipate with the destruction of the wights. There was that chance it could happen again.

• 3 weeks later...

“Itzal.” Teayre stated bluntly, “The last time we really saw each other was at my shop, in which your bought something from me.” She turned her heel making a dip in the snow the red head began to walk off the Ketsuki Kanasiki drawing in a smooth fluid motion and resting on her shoulders. A howling came from the mountain nearby and the red head broke into a run. The snow began to hit harder as the Amaranth Rose got to the bottom of the steps leading up to the mountain. Glancing over her shoulder she saw two figures in the distance running to catch up to her. Turning her head Teayre spots four of the Frost Wights on the steps a short distance away from her. Her foot hitting the bottom step the red head activates her charge ability and performs a quick couple of slashes. Downing the first group of the wights.

Spoiler

ID: 70634 BD: 9 (5 + 4 ACC) CD: 10 LD: 11 MD: 3 (7 – 3 EVA)

Butterfly Illusion: (13+4)*8 = 136

Teayre: 1085/1085 EN: 37/53 (11 Energy Used)
@Itzal: ???/??? EN: ??/??
Calrex: 1540/1540 EN: 77/77

4 x Frost Wight: 0/100 (136 – 25 MIT = 111 DMG)

4/12 Wight’s defeated.

Edited by Teayre

Itzal turned to Teayre when she mentioned his name and when she mentioned the last time he came to her shop he thought for a moment.  "Yeah, it was wasn't it?  I ordered Aimi's Heart, the bracelet for crafting right?"  Then she walked off not even waiting for his answer.  What was all that about?  He was about to follow when four monsters, the frost wights, came out of nowhere.  And before he could react Teayre destroyed them all with one strike.  His eyes widened slightly as he saw the damage done to them and turned to Calrex.  "Wow.  She's really strong...  I doubt I'll ever hit that kind of power...  Oh well."  Then he noticed four other frost wights and went ahead and switched his gear to his armor:  Niger Natio.  With that he drew Ascendant's Rosario and made his way over.  Oblivion ring could help him get a hit but he knew that either way Calrex would either strike them afterwards, or fight monsters of his own.  If he chose to fight monsters of his own then Itzal would need to hope his bleed effect would kick in.  As he rushed at his foes they turned and noticed him.  When he reached them his sword glowed blue and he struck at the four with blinding speed, activating Shadow explosion, striking the four wights, dealing a little damage but also landing the bleeding effect.  When the wights struck at him he dodged their attack and blocked the third's.

ID#  70753  BD:  8  CD:  9  MD:  6-3

Itzal:  840/840  <>  66/84

Wights:  53/100 <8x9 - 25 MIT <> Bleeding added 2/2 turns left>

@Calrex

Edited by Itzal

ID: 70823
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Vengeful Riposte Failed)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage)
<<Parry>> Activated (+Incoming Damage Halved)

"Let's see...with the three of us that would mean there's going to be around twelve wights that are going to show up this time around. Teayre just downed the first four..."

Of course the bluenette knew with the four Itzal was engaging, that meant there's another four lurking out of sight. Unfortunately, with the way things were currently going he couldn't get an eye on the last four.

At least that was the case before he caught sight of a series of blows flying towards him. Quickly triggering <<Parry>> he quickly deflected each of the blows that were coming at him before <<Achilles>> triggered, blasting the four new wights back as he took a combat stance, "Guess that's the last ones to appear. Let's clear these guys out and get moving."

Spoiler

@Teayre: 1085/1085 EN: 96/106
Itzal: 840/840 EN: 66/84
Hate: 3 | Calrex: 1420/1540 EN: 154/154 (120+60(4) DMG / 2 Parry - 30(4) MIT / 2 Achilles = 120 DMG)

4 x Frost Wight: 53/100 (Targeting Itzal)
4x Frost Wight: 94/100 (Targeting Calrex)

4/12 Wight’s defeated.

The crimson maiden hadn’t heard the reply from Itzal. As the dust settled she glanced over to see him struggling to defend himself against four more wights. Her eyes flicked from the scout to the knight, both of them had engaged in combat against different groups of wights. Rolling her eyes Teayre kept her blade pointing outwards as she started to jog slowly then speed up towards Itzal. Her feet kicking off from the ground her muscles twisting. Turning. The blade flashed out striking each of the wights quickly dispersing. “Ebony Scout, Itzal. Scout, don’t fight. See if you can find the room that the quest boss is in.” Her voice was a lot gentler than before, her eyes were softer to. “He does want to help, biting off more than he can chew though I wonder what level he is now.” The thoughts rushed through the red heads mind. “So what’s the guild then? I’ve not seen that symbol… Wait no that’s the guild Ariel’s husband is in right?”

ID: 70872 BD: 8 (4 + 4 ACC) CD: 6 LD: 19 (16 + 3 LD) MD: 2

Butterfly Illusion: (13+4)*8 = 136

Teayre 1085/1085 EN: 96/106
Itzal: 840/840 EN: 66/84
Hate: 3 | Calrex: 1420/1540 EN: 154/154 (120+60(4) DMG / 2 Parry - 30(4) MIT / 2 Achilles = 120 DMG)

4 x Frost Wight: 0/100 [Dead] (Targeting Itzal)
4x Frost Wight: 94/100 (Targeting Calrex)

8/12 Wight’s defeated.

Edited by Teayre

Itzal could hear @Calrex engage the last four wights behind him and thus continued to evade his foe.  He was getting ready to preform the next sword art in order to deal damage, then let the bleeding effect finish them off.  However before he could Teayre leaped from her position and finished them off.  He wondered if it was impatience, worry, or frustration that she killed the three, but either way the fight was over and there was nothing to be done about that.  Then he heard her speak again, more gentle this time.  She was telling him to scout, not fight.  Although he wanted to help in some way with combat, and he felt like he could with these wight's at least, he nodded to her.  "Ok then.  We'll need the last four wights to die first though.  If I could land a bleeding effect that would certainly help...  Huh?  Ariel's husband?"  He needed to think for a moment before he recalled the information.  "Oh yeah, she and Hikoru are together aren't they?  Yeah he's a part of our guild.  It's the Celestial Ascendants.  We made it to help low level players level up and make their mark in Aincrad.  We've been getting a few recruits but no tanks so far.  Hopefully we'll get one soon though."  He paused as he spotted something in the snow.  He smiled when he discovered two logs buried.  When he pulled them out he was happy to discover that they were noble wood, and underneath them in the snow were four crystals.  He went ahead and placed them into his inventory.  "You guys have a guild of your own right?"

ID#  70912  LD:  11+8=19

+2 Noble Wood

+4 MAT

Edited by Itzal

ID: 70940
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2 / Disguise +1) = 7 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 136 Remaining)
One-Handed Straight Sword Quick Swap Activated (Grand Blade II > Grand Gauntlets II)

"Whelp, guess I'm the last one then."

Looking over as he saw Teayre swiftly clear out the second set of wights Calrex gave a small nod before quickly facing the ones that were still engaging him. For most of the battle they were not giving him a second to get some distance between them, constantly wailing on his armor to keep chipping away at his health. Another series of critical strikes landed on him, but with the last one he dropped his body low, rolling out of the circle.

Springing to his feet he triggered <<Charge>> and <<Shadow Explosion>>, the Grand Blade II glowing dark purple as he executed the Sword Art, rapidly swinging through the wights with the nine blows of the attack, swiftly eliminating the remaining four.

With his attack completed he gave a small sigh of relief before flicking his sword to the side, simultaneously triggering his new <<Quick Change>> mod, the weapon being replaced by the Grand Gauntlets II. Clenching and releasing the muscles on his right hand he turned to face the others, following along, "Looks like they're in the middle of their own conversation for now. In the meantime I might as well keep an eye out. Once we find the field boss' spawn area we should be ready to attack right at the get go."

Loot List:
4 Materials

Spoiler

Hate: 3 | Calrex: 1312/1540 EN: 136/154 (120+60(4) DMG / 2 Parry - 30(4) MIT / 2 Achilles = 120 DMG / 12 Battle Healing)

4x Frost Wight: 0/100 (13+1+5 DMG * 9 Art - 25 MIT = 171 DMG)

12/12 Wight’s defeated.

• 1 month later...

Teayre inclined her head to Itzal as he replied to her. “Make their mark?” Shaking her head she stalked off quickly not waiting for her energy to regenerate as she pushed the towering doors in front of her open.  Drawing her blade she shoved her way inside twirling the weapon flamboyantly around her wrist as she met eyes with the skeletal king. “Really?”

She made her move, charging. Even though the damage from the ability wouldn’t help her, the red head needed to close the gap as quickly as possible.  Her blade finished moving as the boss let out a laugh, striking her across the chest with his axe. Letting out a cry Teayre falls backwards landing on the ground. Ramming her blade into the ground she pushes herself to her feet. “You.” Her words were filled with anger. Hate. Her eyes flared up she walked forwards as if she were covered in flame.

ID: 72569 BD: 10 (Nat) CD: 12 LD: 5 (2 + 3 LD) MD: 8

Fell Crescent: (12 + 2 Critical + 1 Ferocity Mod)*11 = 165 – 50 = 115 DMG | 11 Energy Used

Night’s King: 335/450
DMG: 300 Mit: 50 Critical Bonus: +85 DMG (BD9), +100 DMG (BD10)

Hate: 3 | Teayre: 797/1085 EN: 86/106 (300 – 12 MIT) = 288 DMG
Hate: 0 | @Itzal : 840/840 EN: 67/84
Hate: 0 | Calrex: 1312/1540 EN: 136/154

Edited by Teayre

Foregoing Action

Itzal saw Calrex take down the last of the wights.  With that they should be finding the king soon.  When Teayre replied to Itzal's comment she didn't seem to fully understand what he had meant.  Either that or she didn't understand why he was choosing that goal for the guild.  And with that she walked to the tower doors without waiting for her energy to recover.  Itzal wondered sometimes how powerful these two players were.  When she opened the doors the massive boss seemed to have been waiting for them.  Teayre didn't hesitate to charge at the monster and deal a lot of damage to the boss.  The boss however, dealt more damage to her it seemed.  Itzal was about to rush in to stun it but then realized that not only did he not have the opportunity to, but he would deal  near to minimal damage.  What he could do was heal some of the damage Teayre received.  He pulled out a mass healing crystal of his and activated it.  The song wasn't the best for this scenario, but it was the only mass healing tier 2 song he had.

ID#  72572  CD:  1

Song crystal used

Spoiler

Name: Amazon Princess
Profession: Performer
ID:  67866
Roll:  12
Item Type:  Healing Song
Tier:  2
Quality:  Perfect
Enhancements:  Heals entire party for 90 health
Description:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj5H4vJoCOw

Night’s King: 335/450

Hate: 3 | Teayre: 887/1085 EN: 86/106  (mass healing song)
Hate: 0 | Itzal: 840/840 EN: 67/84
Hate: 0 | @Calrex: 1312/1540 EN: 136/154

Edited by Itzal

ID: 72603
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
<<Howl>> Activated (1 Energy Recovered / 137 Remaining)

"Guess we're getting right into it."

With his wife charging in at the boss the bluenette gave a small sigh as he clenched his hands into fists, the aura of his <<Howl>> skill swirling around his arms before stepping foward. Slamming both together the energy emanated outwards like a shockwave, passing through the floor boss before lowering them to his sides.

"Just a few strikes and we should be done here. That opening strike Teayre dished out really got the boss' attention, but that Howl just now should have at least evened it out."

Releasing a calming exhale the Ultramarine Knight lowered himself into a fighting stance, "It's certainly been some time since I've used Martial Arts, but I don't believe I should be too rusty."

Night’s King: 335/450

Hate: 3 | Teayre: 887/1085 EN: 86/106  (mass healing song)
Hate: 0 | Itzal: 840/840 EN: 67/84
Hate: 3 | @Calrex: 1322/1540 EN: 137/154 (+10 Battle Healing)

Flicking her eyes up to her healthbar the red head grimaces at the health that had been taken off of her. Staring intently at the bosses eyes Teayre starts to walk forwards again, however the sound of drums and a wooden flute reached her ears. A soft red glow around her. She was being healed. Glancing at Itzal, the red head nods. Just as a deafening below comes from her husband next to her, before he had even finished the girl had made her move. Running past him, moving in time with the song her blade cutting the boss eleven times. “Both of you, strike at the boss. Itzal if you can, stun it!” Teayre called out as the great axe that the boss was wielding came hurtling towards her yet again. Parrying it with ease she dodges several more slashes from the boss, her chest rising and falling rapidly. “Hurry up, he’s completely open come on.”

ID: 9 (5 + 4 ACC) CD:  9 LD: 17 (14 + 3 LD) MD: 1

Fell Crescent: (12 + 1 Ferocity Mod)*11 = 143 – 50 = 93 DMG | 11 Energy Used

Night’s King: 242/450

Hate: 4 | Teayre: 887/1085 EN: 67/106  
Hate: 0 | Itzal: 840/840 EN: 67/84
Hate: 3 | Calrex: 1412/1540 EN: 137/154
(Updated to reflect the healing from Itzal’s song)

Edited by Teayre

Itzal watched as Calrex used howl to gather the boss's attention.  Teayre nodded her thanks to Itzal for healing her and he smiled and nodded back, letting her know he's got her back.  Unfortunately the last few mass healing songs he had were tier 1.  Teayre called at the two of them, telling them both to strike at the boss and ordered Itzal to stun it.  He nodded.  "On it!"  With that he charged.  He personally felt like only the people who were the best in the situation should lead.  According to his information, Teayre was the best in this party save for level, and had the most experience in personal combat, meaning that while she wasn't tank, she was an excellent choice to be the leader in the midst of battle.  He would follow her command.  He rushed up to the cold monster, running along the edge of the room, and leaped at it from the side, using Nova Ascension and striking it from the side.  Most of his damage was reduced, but he still dealt some.  The important thing was that he had surprised the boss and stunned it.  He landed and ran back to the party, nodding to Calrex.

ID#  72610  BD:  5+2=7  CD:  7

Nova Ascension  <8*9-50=22 dmg  - 12 energy  -  target stunned>

Hate: 1 | Itzal: 840/840 EN: 55/84
Hate: 3 | @Calrex1412/1540 EN: 137/154

Edited by Itzal

ID: 72629
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (facepalms while using Howl)
<<Howl>> Activated (1 Energy Recovered / 138 Remaining)

Calrex acknowledged Itzal's nod, but unfortunately it seemed that whatever attempt at attacking was blocked off, whether it be by his agile teammates or the environment of the cathedral. It had been a while since he was in this kind of situation, or at least one where he couldn't find an opening for so long. Giving a small sigh the aura of his <<Howl>> skill surrounded his forearms once again.

"Can't attack, so might as well keep my chance at doing something useful. Teayre's certainly got enough health to sustain a good series of hits, but I'd rather avoid putting anyone at risk just yet."

Slamming his fists together the sound aura shot out once again, this time with him gaining enough Hate to take the main attention of the field boss.

Lowering his arms to the sides the Ultramarine Knight gave a small exhale, lowering himself back into a combat stance once again.

"Hopefully next opening I get I'll be able to actually attack."

Hate: 1 | Itzal: 840/840 EN: 55/84
Hate: 6 | Calrex: 1422/1540 EN: 138/154 (+10 Battle Healing)