[PP-F1] Secret Medicine Of The Forest [Morgenstern and Aereth][Complete]

The day just started, and Aereth woke up slowly. Pulling himself up he, went straight for the shower. He loved showering. Even though ingame showering didn't feel as good as back in the real world he still enjoyed very much. As he finished his morning shower he equipped his gear and headed out for the center of floor one. There he picked up some sandwiches for the day and headed for his training spot. As he was walking, he wrote his new friend Jonathan a message:

Spoiler

To: Morgenstern

Good morning my friend. I just wanted to ask you, if you would like to help me doing the <<Secret Medicine Of The Forest>> quest for the Anneal Blade today.

If you don't have time it's also no big deal. But if you decide to help me out, I'm outside the north gate of the <<Town of Beginnings>> doing my morning workout.

-Aereth

He pushed the send button and started to run to the northern gate. Some players and even NPC's gave him strange looks, because he was running at full speed so early in the morning, but he didn't care much what others thought of him.

As he reached the entrance of the forest at the northern gate he started his workout, in hope that Jonathan would join him for his quest today.

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan was training on the seventh floor. He stood in a cloth combat suit while holding a curved wooden sword. There was a NPC named Arno standing in front of him with a wooden sword as well. Remember, Focus is everything. Focus and your strength and skill will follow. Jonathan nodded raising his sword. He dashed forward striking at the man several times who masterfully blocked every one of his attacks. Jonathan backed away as the NPC came forward thrusting, slashing, and hacking at him. Sweat Data poured off his face as he worked to dodge the man. Jonathan countered, bringing has weapon above to smite down when he heard a ping, distracted, the NPC man moved in poking Jonathan hard which shoved him to the ground. The message was from Aereth. Jonathan smiled and bowed to the NPC. Sorry Master Arno, I have duties to attend. The NPC nodded and moved to stand in the center of the room. Was there he never moved again, becoming as still as a statue.

Jonathan smiled, equipping his normal attire. He moved to the teleport pad and gladly said, Starting City! As as a flash of blue light passed him the starting city appeared into view. Jonathan looked forward seeing the Northern gate ahead of him. Jonathan smiled as he seen the familiar figure of Aereth. Hello friend! Working your way onto Sentinel perhaps? As Jonathan neared, He examined the boy. He appeared to be doing some kind of morning workout. You workout? Why did you not say so. You can come to Master Arno’s with me. Never mind that though. You wish to do the Medicine quest? I have actually not done it myself yet. Jonathan smiled as he spoke to the Scout Apprentice.

As Aereth was almost done with his workout, a familiar voice asking him if he was working his way to the Sentinel title took him back to reality. "Hey Jonathan. I'm doing my best to constantly improve my skills." he said while he turned around with a smile on his face. 

"Yeah, I do this kind of stuff almost every morning." he said to Jonathan while shaking his hand. "Yes sure. Maybe you can introduce me to him. But what exactly is he teaching?" he asked curiously.

After that Jonathan asked him about the Medicine quest, and that he never did it before. "Yes it would be awesome, if you could help me a little bit with this quest. I've heard that you get a neat starter weapon as a reward. Thanks to Beatbox, I won't need it anymore. He gave me this awesome blade." he equipped the Sword of Legion and showed it to Jonathan. "But I thought that I could put it into the guilds treasury in case somebody else can use it." He said while smiling.

@Morgenstern

OOC: Yaaaay. 100th post ^^

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan smiled as he met the face of Aereth. He does workouts every morning? That is impressive. Oh, he teaches many things. About every normal skill out there, from Katana to Straight Sword. I believe his NPC skills have grandmastered all weapon skills. Jonathan smiled. He watched as Aereth opened his menu and pulled out a new sword, A sword in which Jonathan seen in the treasury. Jonathan smiled, You really don't need the Sword then, but It would look nice in the Treasury. Jonathan equipped his own equipment, excluding his shield. The thorns would annihilate the Nepents and Aereth would not be able to have a chance. Yeah, After this, I planned to do some grinding. I need some materials to go and get some new equipment. I finally reached tier two the other day. I think I have an idea of what to get as well. I know what I am going to get. This time, My armor will be head to toe, concealing my appearance and have maximum protection. Less gold, It is a bit to flashy. I will have a Kite shield with the guild emblem and my sword will be just a Steel and gold Curved Sword. 

After hearing about all the stuff this particular NPC can teach, Aereth couldn't hide the fact that he was impressed. So he answered his blonde friend. "That sounds awesome. Maybe you can take me with you if you go to train there sometime in the future."

"Yeah, I want to be at least a little bit useful for the guild, so I figured that I'd kill two birds with one stone. I can use this quest to get stronger and get some combat experience, and I'm able to give something back to the guild that did so much for me." Aereth said to Jonathan while he equipped his armor without his shield.

Then Aereth learned that Jonathan had reached tier two on the other day, and that he needed to grind for materials and money in order to get some new equipment. "Wow congratulations my friend. If you want I can help you later finding materials if you want." he said happily.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan looked out. From here he could see the edge of the forest. The guild has not given you much yet. We have yet a few problems to solve, but soon you will have training. You get Itzal as your Paladin so you will get to decide what kind of training you will have. Itzal is like that. I myself will probably be joining the DPS training because I have no Apprentices yet. That is yet to be decided yet. Now lets get this done. Jonathan smiled and began to walk forward towards the Forest. They would have to fight a ton of Nepents most likely. As you know, I will gather hate first, and then we will knock them down. It will take a while because you have to be quite lucky to get the medicine item to drop. I myself have no searching enhancements and you are untrained in searching. Jonathan's green eyes gazed over the land, searching for unwanted visitors or mobs. Aereth had no searching at all that Jonathan knew of. Jonathan was not even sure of his level. 

"Haha, more than enough." he chuckled at his friend. "Yeah, I'm looking forward to the training. I want to become much much better and stronger, than I am right now. I'm sick of being weak. After I mastered the scouting build, I will also join the DPS training. And don't worry. You will get an apprentice in no time." Smiling as he answered Jonathan.

Jonathan, shortly briefed Aereth about their tactics again and then looked around if there were any unwanted visitors or mobs nearby. "Yes, I got that. And again thanks, for tagging along with me. Alone it would take me so much more time to complete this quest. Also, doing stuff together is more fun as when you have to do it all alone. Yes you are right. Right now I don't have any searching skills, but I only need two more skill points until I reach level three on my one handed sword skill. After that I'm going to invest my points into S&D skills" Aereth answered Jonathan as they walked side by side.

@Morgenstern

OOC: do you want to play as the mobs or should I this time?

OOC I will, It gives me something to post to. 

Jonathan listened as Aereth followed him speaking of his skills. So he is going to be A DPS and Scout Build. Well, It is a good role, but you are going to find it a bit harder than me to find room up in the frontlines. They have a dire need for Tanks and healers. No one wants to be those roles, because as a healer you can not solo. As for Tank you are in the most danger. Jonathan stepped in to the forest. He searched around hearing movements around them brushing the leaves. He kept walking forward. After another five minutes of walking he stopped. There was rustling all around them. Jonathan smiled, "They are here!" Jonathan pulled out his sword as he caught sight of a giant plant. As he he did four of them came out. He still heard rustling, indicating there was more in the back. Jonathan smiled and began to yell. As if on command, his blade began to glow violently. Let me see how good you are! If you do good, I will report it back to Itzal. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 520/520 <<52/52>>

Aereth ?/?

Nepent A 10/10 

Nepent B 10/10

Nepent C 10/10

Nepent D 10/10

Nepent Variant 15/15 (Can't fight until nepent's are taken care of)

Jonathan talked about how Aereth will have it much harder to find room up in the front lines and that tanks and healers are desperately needed right now. Aereth sadly agreed with his friend. "Yes, now I know, but it's the way I have chosen, so there is no backing down. I know that it will be much harder for me to find my place up there, but this only means that I have to work harder to become useful for the frontlines." Aereth answered his friend in a confident tone.

As they continued walking through the forest the rustling of the leaves around them got louder and louder. And then after Jonathan warned Aereth that they were coming, the jumped out of the bushes and attacked the two friends.

There were four of them and they attacked them almost at the same time. Aereth pulled out his sword and tried his best to defend himself against the Nepents. He managed it do dodge every hit and was able to create some distance between them and the Nepents, but unfortunately he wasn't able to get a hit on them.

"Yeah, I'm going to give my best." He smiled at Jonathan after hearing that he will report if he does well in the fight.

Spoiler

ID# 70128 results:

Battle: 5 Welp... F*** me right...

Aereth 220/220 <<20/22>>                                                         

Nepent A 10/10 
Nepent B 10/10
Nepent C 10/10
Nepent D 10/10                                

Nepent Variant 15/15 (Can't fight until nepent's are taken care of)

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as the plants began to viciously lash out. Jonathan began to smile and laugh as the lust of battle surged through his veins. He roared as he yanked his sword out of its sheath and pointed it at the four Nepents. None of you will escape alive... Now hand over the Nepent's Ovule and this will go over smoothly. Jonathan watched as the plants kept moving toward him. Well, I gave you a chance. Jonathan smiled and watched as the four enemies began to approach him. They surrounded him, preparing to lash out. Jonathan's blade began to gleam vigorously gold. Jonathan smirked before spinning three times in the matter of a second, striking all of them. The four plants were cleanly cleaved in three pieces, which fell over and shattered. I did not have to be this way.... The Nepent's Variable came out of the shadows, revealing itself. You! Yes, you have something I need. He pointed his curved blade at the creature. Spiining, he pointed it at Aereth. Aereth, take it by force. Jonathan laughed and held his position. 

Spoiler

70152 BD:9 MD:2

Jonathan 520/520 <<50/52>> Energy= 52-3+1 (Farrant Full Moon)
Aereth 220/220 <<20/22>>                                                         

Nepent A 0/10 -24
Nepent B 0/10 -24
Nepent C 0/10 -24
Nepent D 0/10 -24                                

Nepent Variant 15/15

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth watched in awe as Jonathan destroyed all the Nepents in one hit with his AoE attack. Now it was only him and the Nepent Variant. He prepared himself to charge at it, and took of in its direction as he finished it. As he got in range of the field boss, he tried his best to get a clean hit on it, in order to destroy the monster. Unfortunately, he missed his hit because the Nepent Variant was somehow able to pull itself out of the hit range. So Aereth's Sword Art just hit thin air and he lost his balance a little bit. Stumbling forward he decided to roll on the ground to regain control of his body movements. Jus as he got up again, he was able to dodge an incoming attack of the Nepent Variant by jumping on on top of it, followed by an quick retreat to Jonathan's side. "Sorry Jonathan. This attack didn't work out as planned. Maybe it would be better if you don't report back to Itzal about my poor performance today." He joked to his blonde friend.

Spoiler

ID# 70161 results:

Battle: 5 Oh, come on...

Aereth 220/220 <<19/22>>                                                                           

Nepent Variant 15/15

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

OOC So Sorry man, I thought it was your turn

Jonathan watched as the Aereth attacked, stumbling in the attack. Jonathan laughed a bit. The Nepent began to come at him swiping at him with its long vine arms. Jonathan smiled and readied his sword. It began to glow furiously in a golden light. Perhaps this will suffice. Jonathan dashed forward, appearing to teleport as he made his attack. He was now on the other side of the nepent, his blade outstretched. The Creature pixelated and Jonathan sheathed his weapon. He also received the flower that Aereth needed for the sword. Sorry Aereth that I literally did everything, but I got the flower which completes the quest. Perhaps a bit of mob fighting so I really can see how your skills are. There ais a place with high leveled monsters on this floor. If we get some loot to drop it will at least be a thousand col if not more. Jonathan shrugged. He legitimately felt bad for ending up doing everything for the man. Jonathan understood pride. He looked to his ally, seeking responces. 

70285 BD:7 (Lasing Chopper -49DMG) LD:20 Quest Item found!

Edited by Morgenstern

OOC: Haha, no problem. ^^

As Aereth retreated to Jonathan's side, it almost seemed that Jonathan had teleported away. All Aereth could manage to see was the Nepent Variant as it scattered into tiny little polygons by Jonathan's attack. It was an breathtaking sight. "Wow man, I didn't even know that a tank is able to move so fast. That was an awesome stunt. And no hard feelings. I had the chance but I f*cked up." It really didn't bother him much that Jonathan took the kill. He was even happy that the quest item dropped at the first Variant they encountered. What bothered him more, was the fact that he would have been able to get two clean attacks in to defeat the Nepents and the Variant but couldn't even get one single hit on them.

Then Jonathan told him that he knows a place where higher leveled mobs would spawn, so that they could at least get some loot and col out of it. "Yeah, sure my friend. Just lead the way. I'm eager to try out the new sword arts I recently unlocked." He said to him as the two of them made their way to the place where the mobs would spawn.

Aereth 220/220 <<20/22>>         

@Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled as the Scout Apprentice came forth, agreeing with his offer for stronger enemies. Something is bothering him. Is it possible that it is because he did not do so well? Jonathan smiled at him before turning. I took Birdie to the dead Plains, he should definently be able to handle it. As long as we both hit the target.... Jonathan walked forward. So, new sword skills eh? That would bring you to rank three. Shouldn't you be able to almost as much damage as me then? It is not going to be as much as Beat or Itzal, but it is something. I can't do that much damage myself. Well, this perhaps can be your redemption. I can still give Itzal a good report. Jonathan laughed at that. He did not even think Itzal knew they were out here. He probably would not mind anyway. He knows me better than even my father. Jonathan's smile faded at the mere thought of him, and his hand clenched. He opened his menu and equipped both of his items. They would be reaching the plains in mere moments. So, How is your training with Itzal going? Hopefully he is not working you and Birdie too hard. In fact I have not seen that girl since her initiation. 

@Aereth Please include your entire stats since we are going for loot.

Jonathan's Stats

Spoiler

Lv.26 HP 520 Energy 52

7 Base DMG

53 Mit

2 Thorns ( Deals  14 damage when Mob/Enemy hits a non-critical hit)

1 Regeneration ( Heals you 9 HP  after every attack turn from your opponent 

Battle Healing [2] (Heals 20 HP Every turn while in Combat

Edited by Morgenstern

Returning Jonathans smile, he started to walk a little bit behind him, because he was leading the way. "Yes, I really like the rank three sword arts. And it's also awesome to be able to do some adequate damage. If I would be able to hit something, that is..." It was true. With the damage output he was able to produce right now, he would be able three-hit-KO a boar on floor one that was strong enough to drop loot and col for him, and he really liked that he now could go out and gather his own money from monsters.

After that, Jonathans good mood seemed to drop a little bit, since his smile faded and he clenched his fists. "You ok my friend?" He asked Jonathan, not quite sure if it was a good idea to ask.

As Jonathan equipped his whole gear, Aereth chose to do the same and opened his menu to equip everything. "My training is awesome. Even though the schedule is very tight and the training itself is really hard, I love it. Birdie and I don't have very much free time, but after all we want to become master scouts." He smiled at Jonathan. Although his reasons to become a scout differ greatly from the reasons Birdie has to become one... 

Aereth's stats:

Spoiler

Lv.11 HP 220 Energy 22

7 Base DMG

9 Mit

1 EVA (Dark Brown Leather Coat)

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan turned around as Aereth asked him if he was okay. Jonathan smiled. "Of course I am! I am just thinking of some nonsense I was not that happy about." Jonathan turned back around. I did not realize he was paying that close of attention. Anyway, are you ready? These things are going to have some pretty high health. Which means more cash! If I was a scout and a tank, then I would be making so much money! Jonathan scanned the area. I do plan later in the game to get some search and detect So i do not have to rely on Itzal for everything that includes searching. But that is after I complete my Tank Build.Jonathan pointed his curved blade forward at an skeleton. It was not like the corrupted Skeleton's that lied in a tomb farther in, but they were not going to go there. Jonathan would not go there alone, and espically not with a low leveled member of his guild. That is our target! Just let me howl and start slashing! Also, watch out! If you chop off a limb it reattaches itself. Gave Birdie quite the spook. Jonathan dashed forward, landing in front of a startled skeleton. Jonathan let out a great <<Howl>>. The skeleton's eyeless sockets flashed a gold color as it began to head after Jonathan. He heard a rattling off in the distance as his howl and awoken another skeleton, returning it from the ground. The newly risen skeleton held a knife with a purple tip, indicating poison. The other one had a shield and a sword. Better not let that knife touch me. 

Spoiler

Aereth 220/220 <<22/22>>

Skeleton Bandit 260/260 70 DMG   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player

Skeletal Warrior 260/260 80 DMG

Hate Count

Bandit- J-3 A-0

Warrior J-3 A-0

Edited by Morgenstern

As Jonathan smiled at is question and explained that he was just thinking about some nonsense that he wasn't happy about Aereth smiled back to him and nodded. "Better not push the matter. If he wants to tell me some time he will. And I also don't want to drop the mood before a battle." He thought.

He then talked about reattaching limbs and that this ability of the skelletons hit Birdie by surprise. "Yep, got that." he said to his blonde friend. "I'm curious if they are also able to reattach a cut off head..." he thought and chuckled inwardly.

After Jonathan use his <<Howl>> skill, Aereth dashed at the Skeleton Bandit and engaged it with his sword in close combat. Somehow the Bandit was able to block every hit from Aereth. He tried his hardest to get only one hit on the goddamned skeleton, but was unable to hit. The skeleton almost even hit him in return if it wasn't for his fast reaction. Aereth dodged the hit and rolled back, retreating to Jonathans side. "These guys are really tough... And sorry, I again wasn't able to do anything to these f*cking skeletons..." he cursed.

Spoiler

ID# 70316 results:
Battle: 1 Looks like this thread doesn't like me....

Aereth 220/220 <<20/22>> -2 due to miss

Skeleton Bandit 260/260 70 DMG   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player
Skeletal Warrior 260/260 80 DMG

Hate Count
Bandit- J-3 A-0
Warrior J-3 A-0

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as the skeleton's began to advance on Jonathan, but not before Aereth had a go. Jonathan smiled as the man charged forward, slashing and hacking at the skeleton's. Luckily for them, they managed to block all of Aereth's attacks. As soon as Aereth began to retreat a bit, Jonathan began to zip forward, Slashing the first enemy. He had chopped its right leg off, causing the creature to stumble to the ground. He was now on the other side of the skeleton's then Aereth. The skeleton's leg began to move on its own, reattaching itself to the main body. Jonathan sighed as they began to advance on him. The Bandit coming first. Jonathan quickly blocked with his shield, and then enemy stabbed his shield, sending Jonathan back a few feet. Quickly, changing momentum Jonathan started to ram the warrior skeleton, forcing it to strike early, slashing his shield. Jonathan smiled. You two are too focused on me to notice that Aereth is attacking you from behind. It was quite true. The skeleton's had appeared to completely have forgotten about Aereth. Not turning their backs to him whatsoever. Jonathan smiled, backing away from the approaching skeleton's. 

Spoiler

70330 BD:9 Crit MD:8 Thorns and Regen Activated  Battle Turn- Battle Healing activated

Jonathan 505/520 <<46/52>> Health: 520-(70-53)=503-(80-53)=476+29(Regen and Battle Healing)=505 HP   Energy: -7+1=6 Energy Lost
Aereth 220/220 <<20/22>> 

Skeleton Bandit 260/260 70 DMG  

@Aereth 220/220 <<20/22>> -2 due to miss

Skeleton Bandit 190/260 70 DMG Health: 260-( [7+1] x7) 56= 204 HP -14(Thorns) 190 Remaining
Skeletal Warrior 246/260 80 DMG Health: -14(Thorns) 246

Hate Count
Bandit- J-5 A-0   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player
Warrior J-5 A-0

Edited by Morgenstern

As Aereth retreated back to Jonathan's side, his blonde tank friend dashed towards one skeleton and cut his leg clean off. Unfortunately like Jonathan said before, the leg reattached itself again and the skeleton was able to stand again. 

Like Jonathan said, Aereth used the oppertunity to get behind the skeletons to attack them from behind. But unfortunately the skeletons were able to react in time to avoid the hits he was about to dish out. Frustrated and pissed off by the system, he retreated back behind Jonathan. "If I can't even get a hit on this stupit skeletons, then I'll never be able to reach my goals. F*ck this system, and f*ck Kayaba...." he thought while new flames arised inside of him. The next hit wouldn't be a miss. He concentrated, and focused on the battle again.

Spoiler

ID# 70331 results:
Battle: 5 It isn't even funny anymore... I missed every hit in the last two days... And I play competitive pokemon, so I'm used to crits and misses -.-

Aereth 220/220 <<19/22>> -2 due to miss + 1

Skeleton Bandit 190/260 70 DMG
Skeletal Warrior 246/260 80 DMG

Hate Count
Bandit- J-5 A-0   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player
Warrior J-5 A-0

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

OOC Pray to the dice gods my friend

Jonathan backed slowly as the skeleton's advanced. Aereth tried to make a hit, but his attacks were futile... Useless. He seems to be getting angered. The system was supposed to help him out I thought. No time to worry about that. I got two medium leveled skeleton's after me. Jonathan focused on his opponents gripping his weapon tightly. He stepping in, striking at the Bandit. He wanted its weapon out of the picture. He brought his blade down, which was met by the Skeletal Warrior's weapon. The Bandit began to come in, ready to shank him. Jonathan grimaced before pushing off of his enemy. He was unscathed, but so was his enemy. Jonathan growled, but was satisfied that he got the chance to do some decent healing.  Hopefully I opened Aereth to a decent attack. Perhaps he should get an Accuracy item. For battle though. opponent to opponent, trying to decide what they would try next. Luckily I have kept that blade from touching me, or sinking through my armor. Looks like it is poisonous. Keep yourself together Aereth. Make a solid attack!

Spoiler

70361 BD:5 Miss MD:5 Miss      Battle Turn: Battle Healing Activated!

Jonathan 520/520 <<45/52>>  Health: 505+20 (Battle Healing)=520    Energy: -2 Miss +1
@Aereth 220/220 <<19/22>> 

Skeleton Bandit 190/260 70 DMG
Skeletal Warrior 246/260 80 DMG

Hate Count
Bandit- J-5 A-0   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player
Warrior J-5 A-0

Edited by Morgenstern