[PP-F1] Secret Medicine Of The Forest [Morgenstern and Aereth][Complete]

Jonathan was doing his best do defend against the two skeletons as Aereth took a deep breath. He was angry that that he wasn't able to get one clean hit on the NPC monsters. He was so angry that he started channeling small amounts of his bottled up hate into his next attack. His face became empty of all emotions, as he sped at his absolute max speed at the Skeleton Bandit while charging his strongest Sword Art the <<Star Quint Prominence>>. In the blink of an eye, he reached the Skeleton Bandit and released his Sword Art, doing a solid amount of damage to the NPC monster. He even managed to cut of the head of the monster. "Now we will see if you can reattach this." he thought while he retreated back to Jonathan's side. 

As he reached his blonde friend, he managed to suppress all the hate he channeled before and smiled to him "Yes, finally a hit! Now let's see if they can reattach also their heads." He said the last part with a small chuckle. This was the ability he gained after the loss of his best friend. Full control over his hate. It took him a very long time until he was able to gain this control it. But now every time he needed a little boost in combat, he started to channel small amounts of this hate into his attacks.

Spoiler

ID# 70387 results:
Battle: 6 Yeeeeeessssss!!!!!

Jonathan 520/520 <<52/52>> 
Aereth 220/220 <<14/22>> -6 due to sword art + 1

Damage: 7*(3*2) = 42 to Skeleton Bandit if I calced right

Skeleton Bandit 148/260 70 DMG -42HP from Aereth's attack
Skeletal Warrior 246/260 80 DMG

Hate Count
Bandit- J-5 A-1   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player
Warrior J-5 A-0

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan watched as Aereth attacked the one Jonathan had injured multiple times. He managed to make a great hit, severing the creatures head from its body. I wonder if it will put itself back together? After a few times of grasping down, the headless skeleton grabbed its head and replaced it. Nice try Aereth, I had a feeling it was still going to be able to. The bandit Skeleton looked furious and began to charge, without waiting for his warrior ally. Jonathan snickered, and began to strike forward. His blade met the creatures chest, the blow knocking the creature down. The other Skeleton swung its longsword, aiming for Jonathan's head. Jonathan ducked and rolled back, meeting Aereth. Just gotta keep moving... Make another hit. I believe we are bringing the Bandit it down. If Itzal were here it would be dead by now.... I believe he had grand mastered the sword. Jonathan readied himself as the two skeleton's recovered and came again. I think You are starting to run out of energy there... Jonathan grimaced, Aereth would only be useful for about another two attacks. 

Spoiler

70408 BD:6 MD:4

Jonathan 520/520 <<39/52>> 
Aereth 220/220 <<14/22>> 

Skeleton Bandit 99/260 70 DMG -49HP from Jonathan's attack

Hate Count
Bandit- J-6 A-1   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player
Warrior J-3 A-0

Edited by Morgenstern

The skeleton picked it's head up again and reattached it right where Aereth had cut it off. Aereth had do laugh at Jonathans comment. "I had the same feeling but now we know for sure my friend. Haha." Somehow severing the head of the skeleton lightened Aereth's mood a whole lot. 

Jonathan now also landed a solid hit on the Skeleton Bandit and told Aereth to watch out for his energy, since he would run out of it very soon. He knew this very well and was scrolling through his sword art list in his mind in order to find the best combination to use his remaining energy points. After some moments he had a plan and was running towards the skeleton bandit, again charging his Star Quint Prominence sword art, and as he reached the monster he released the sword art once again while leaving star shaped damage maker on the back of the bandit. 

As he retreated back to Jonathans side he said. "I know that I'm running out of energy, but I have a plan. In order for my plan to work however, you have to hit your next attack. A crit would be preferred." He said the last part with a chuckle. It was true. If Jonathan would be able to crit he would either kill the mob or leave it at minimal health, which in return would mean that Aereth could finish it either with a simple blow or with a low cost AoE sword art which would deal damage to both skeletons. If he would kill the skeleton he could also do his maximum amount of damage to the second skeleton. But he wasn't pushing anything. He would wait and see how the situation would turn out, and after that he would act. 

Spoiler

ID# 70414 results: This roll is link-less because I messed up while rolling (I hit the submit button instead of the textbox for the link... sorry)
Battle: 8

Jonathan 520/520 <<39/52>> 
Aereth 220/220 <<9/22>> -6 from sword art +1 

Skeleton Bandit 57/260 70 DMG -42HP from Aereth's attack

Hate Count
Bandit- J-6 A-1   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player
Warrior J-3 A-0

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

OOC You PUT THE DICE UNDER PRESSURE TELL ME I HAVE TO HIT>>>

Jonathan watched as Aereth attacked again, This time he made a good and clean strike. He was fast and quick, and managed to shave off enough hit points that with a great hit, Jonathan should have taken it out. Jonathan smiled, as the man opened in for a switch. The Gold Tankling charged forward slashing at the skeleton. the warrior deflected it for its friend, sending sparks flying. Jonathan struck again, but the warrior was quite fast. Sparks of energy and dust were flying throught the air, as Jonathan attacked. The two swords locked and Jonathan pushed off ending at Aereth. Sorry man, I really tried to get a hit, that guy just went on protection mode or something. Attack the warrior, I can finish off the bandit. My thorns and my attack should shave off just enough. AOE attacks cost way too much. Save that up and attack the warrior. Jonathan looked away from his friend and back at the skeleton's who were coming back for more. 

Spoiler

70415 BD:1 MD:2

Jonathan 520/520 <<38/52>> -1 miss
Aereth 220/220 <<9/22>> 

Skeleton Bandit 57/260 70 DMG 

Hate Count
Bandit- J-6 A-1   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player
Warrior J-3 A-0

Edited by Morgenstern

OOC: Haha, seems like i p*ssed off the RNG ^^

Sparks were flying as the Tank Paladin and the Skeleton Warrior were trading blows. Aereth used the opertunity to sneak around the battlefield to get behind the Skeleton Bandit. As he was about to attack, the skeleton turned to his direction and started attacking the dark brown haired man. Aereth did his best do dodge every hit the Skeleton was throwing at his. Thanks to his high agility and speed he was able to get out of the combat unharmed, and before he retreated he delivered a spinning kick to the skeleton to create some distance between Jonathan, him and the other skeleton. At the same time Jonathan was also able to push the warrior a little bit away from him. Jonathan told Aereth that he would finish off the Bandit and that Aereth should go for the Warrior instead. Nodding he answered his tank friend. "Roger. I'll do my best to keep him busy while you finish the Bandit off."

Spoiler

ID# 70417 results:
Battle: 4

Jonathan 520/520 <<38/52>> 
Aereth 220/220 <<8/22>> -2 from miss +1 

Skeleton Bandit 57/260 70 DMG

Hate Count
Warrior J-3 A-0

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan waited a second, trying to see the next move of the Bandit. The Knife armed skeleton was advancing, its knife high in the air. Lower is very open to me... A quick strike and it will be in the red! Jonathan waited a second, taking a breath of energy before dashing forward, slashing its boned belly. With a satisfying crunch, the Skeleton crumpled backward. Jonathan was about to leap back before taking damage but the skeleton warrior struck him. Jonathan fell back as the rusty blade tore across his armored chest. Then to make matters even worse, the Bandit had reformed and stabbed him in the back... The skeleton's blade found a chink in his armor. Jonathan grunted before dashing to the side, ridding himself of being hit another more multiple times. He had been poisoned, taken a considerable amount of damage, and had not killed the bandit. The attack was successful but not the turn. Keep focused on the warrior, I will use AOE for the bandit. Jonathan looked at the bandit with pure hatred. I will make sure it goes down peacefully. 

Spoiler

70429 BD:6 MD:9 Crit!  Regen       Battle Turn- Battle Healing Activated

Jonathan 475/520 <<32/52>> Health: 520- (80-43) = 483- (70-43)-10 Posion=446+20(Battle Healing) +9 (Regen)= 475 HP Energy-7+1
@Aereth 220/220 <<8/22>> -2 from miss +1 

Skeleton Bandit 8/260 70 DMG

Hate Count
Bandit- J-6 A-1   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player Activated!
Warrior J-3 A-0

Jonathan [Poisoned -10 HP 3/4 turns remaining]

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth managed to hear that Jonathan would an AoE attack to finish off the bandit as well as to damage the warrior at the same time. Right now Aereth was doing his best to keep the warrior occupied, but unfortunately the warrior started to get to upper hand in the battle of the two. Soon Aereth found himself in a situation where he was only dodging, and retreating. Then an idea came to him. With his highest speed he started to run circles around the warrior, which hit the NPC seemingly by surprise. "I at least have to get in inside of Jonathan's attack range..." he thought while still running around the warrior. Then as he noticed a slight opening, he charged at the warrior and sent him crashing against the skeleton bandit with a spinning kick. He wasn't able to do any damage, but at least it was possible for him to create an opportunity for Jonathan's AoE attack.

Spoiler

ID# 70443 results:
Battle: 4

Jonathan 475/520 <<32/52>>
Aereth 220/220 <<7/22>> -2 from miss +1 

Hate Count
Bandit- J-6 A-0   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player Activated!
Warrior J-3 A-0

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched instead of attacking, Aereth seemed to throw himself into the enemy. Jonathan grimaced. Now the mobs were right next to each other. It was hard to AOE mobs that were next to eachother with a curved weapon. He did not have a rapier. He was meant to slash all the way around himself. He charged forward, and stood in front of the skeleton's. With that he spun in a full circle thrice. The enemies were slightly out of range, missing the hit. If they were not so skinny from being only bone, then it would have been a great slash against their chests. Jonathan backed away before being hit. All of a sudden he had begun to do terrible. His attacks were sloppy and not meeting their mark, as if he were distracted. He squinted, watching his enemies. Where is there an opening. My main focus is on the warrior, but If I can get an AOE attack, everything would be great. Aereth is running out of energy, and not going to be that useful soon. This will leave the warrior skeleton to me, and me alone. Hopefully he can get a solid hit first. 

Spoiler

70466 BD:5 MD:2

Jonathan 485/520 <<31/52>> -10(Posion) + 20 (Battle Healing)
@Aereth 220/220 <<7/22>> -2 from miss +1 

Hate Count
Bandit- J-6 A-0   Special Ability- Toxic Venom-- Activated on a roll of 9-10, deals 10 poison damage for 4 turns to the player Activated!
Warrior J-3 A-0

Jonathan [Poisoned -10 HP 3/4 turns remaining]

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan seemed to be deep in thoughts while Aereth was doing his best to keep the mobs occupied. "He has to get back into combat." he thought and sprinted towards the Skeleton warrior. While dodging a swipe form the skeleton he charged once again his <<Star Quint Prominence>> sword art and released it on the chest of the monster. This time the head and one arm got separated from the body of the warrior. Out of the corner of his eye, Aereth could see how the Skeleton Bandit attempted to attack Jonathan while he was thinking. "That's not good!" he thought and began to run towards the Bandit. "Jonathan watch out!" he yelled as loud as he could. As the Bandit was about to swing at his blonde friend, Aereth reached it and managed to create some distance by kicking the Bandit away from Jonathan.

Spoiler

ID# 70567 results:
Battle: 8
Loot: 15

@Morgenstern 485/520 <<31/52>>
Aereth 220/220 <<2/22>> -6 from miss +1 

Skeletal Warrior 204/260 80 DMG

Hate Count
Warrior J-3 A-1

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth made an attack striking the head of the warrior, knocking it clean off. Then he ran over and kicked the bandit away from him, who was sneaking up on him. That was around the end of Aereth's energy bar. Jonathan clenched his weapon. Both enemies were in a optimal position for an AoE attack. I don't have a strong AOE because I won't be upgrading to Sword Skill of four for a while. But this should be easy picking. Jonathan dashed forward, past Aereth and stood in the middle of the two skeleton's which rose their weapons, preparing to strike Jonathan. Jonathan smiled, waiting. 3....2....1.... NOW! Jonathan spun quickly striking each of him opponents three times. The warrior fell back pretty useless, because it just had to reattach its head, then attack, and then it was knocked the the ground, and Jonathan had shattered a few ribs. The Bandit had not been so lucky. It Shattered into pixels leaving them some VERY nice loot. Jonathan caught a glimpse of their money made and they had both recieved 650 col. Which was pretty good. There is one... We just need to tackle this one down.... 

Spoiler

70605 BD:7 MD:3 LD:16    Battle Turn: Battle Healing Activated!

Jonathan 495/520 <<26/52>> Health: -10(Poison) +20 Battle Healing   Energy:-6 From AOE skill +1 (Farrant Full Moon)
@Aereth 220/220 <<2/22>>

Skeleton Bandit 8/260 70 DMG -21            LD:16 (x5 Col) 260x5=1300 Col/2=650 Col to @Aereth and Jonathan
Skeletal Warrior 183/260 80 DMG -21 7x3

Hate Count

Warrior J-4 A-1

Jonathan [Poisoned -10 HP 1/4 turns remaining]

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth watched Jonathan performing his AoE with awe. He managed to knock over the skeleton warrior, and even destroyed the skeleton bandit with this last hit. "At least the poisoning will be no problem anymore from now on." he thought and decided to use the fact that the warrior was on the ground for an attack. He charged a normal slash and sped towards the grounded skeleton warrior. As soon as he was in range, he jumped and with a somersault slashed the warrior. After that he retreated back to Jonathan's side, and took a defensive stance. "I'm out of energy for now, but we will tackle this one down in no time. I'll do my best." And he also knew what he would be doing after this quest. Visiting Birdies shop and getting something that boosted his accuracy.

Spoiler

ID# 70607 results:
Battle: 6

Jonathan 495/520 <<26/52>>
Aereth 220/220 <<2/22>> -1 +1

Damage: 7*(1*1) = 7

Skeletal Warrior 176/260 -7 from Aereth's attack

Hate Count
Warrior J-4 A-2

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth kept attacking, even though the poor low-leveled was out of energy. I admire his determination. He is still fighting even though he is empty. He is mentally strong. Jonathan looked at the warrior. It was up to Jonathan to destroy this thing, and he planned to do just that. You're the last one left. Sure you can handle yourself?  The creature made a bone chattering sound and Jonathan twirled his weapon in his hand. Jonathan focused and leapt forward, He thrust his weapon at the skeleton, but it just went right in between the skeleton's bones. Dang nabit. Before getting return fire, Jonathan pulled his weapon from the skeleton, and blocked the skeleton's attack with his sword. It was almost like a fencing match. If only Aereth was still useful. He put quite the number on the other skeleton. 

Spoiler

70645 BD:2 MD:1 Battle Turn: Battle Healing Activated!

Jonathan 515/520 <<25/52>> HP +20 Battle Healing

Skeletal Warrior 176/260 

Hate Count
Warrior J-4 A-2

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth had ran out of energy some time ago, but he still was trying his best to help Jonathan. This was the reason he was training every day in the morning with his sword. Even though his energy reserves were too low to cast higher level sword arts he was still able to hold his ground against the last enemy. 

As Jonathan blocked a swipe form the skeleton with his shield, Aereth dashed again in the direction of the Skeleton warrior and pushed it away from Jonathan with a body-check. This resulted in the loss of balance of the skeleton. Now the skeleton was open for a good attack at its torso. Aereth saw that thrusting attack didn't work well on the skeleton, since they were so skinny that the blades sometimes just passed through them without doing any damage. Aereth started spinning and positioned his blade, so that it would hit the torso of the skeleton multiple times. And there it was. With the combined factors of the stumbling of the skeleton and the force of his attack he was able to land a critical hit on the warrior.

Spoiler

ID# 70661 results:
Battle: 10

Jonathan 515/520 <<25/52>> HP +20 Battle Healing

Damage: 7+2=9

Skeletal Warrior 167/260 -9HP from Aereth's attack

Hate Count
Warrior J-4 A-3

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth tried all he could do to deal some damage. If only Jonathan could transfer some of his energy. Not enough time to think, I have to do all in my power to hit that skeleton. Jonathan charged forward, slashing at the skeleton, quickly. The skeleton blocked every one of his blows. If I do not get a hit out soon, then I will be forced to howl again. Jonathan backed up, giving him some room from the onslaught of blows from the Skeleton. Sorry Aereth, for some reason the skeleton will not even let me touch him. Perhaps you could knock him off balance or something? Jonathan stood, his sword glowing a gold violently. I have to be focused, If I aim for the head it should be quick and simple of I. Jonathan readied himself for another chance to get a shot out on the thing. He raised his shield as a defensive measure. I am also running out of energy. 

Spoiler

70665 BD:3 MD:2 OH COME ON!

Jonathan 520/520 <<24/52>> HP +20 Battle Healing
@Aereth 220/220 <<2/22>> 

Skeletal Warrior 167/260 

Hate Count
Warrior J-4 A-3

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathan again tried his best to hit the warrior. He charged forward and engaged the skeleton warrior into close combat. They traded blow after blow but the warrior somehow was able to block every hit from Jonathan. 

As he backed away from the skeleton he told Aereth to do something to knock him off balance. Giving a firm nod, Aereth charged towards the skeleton warrior once again. The NPC didn't have enough time to react as Aereth reached it and cut his right leg off. "This should give Jonathan a decent opening." He thought and kicked the skeleton in the back so that it fell to the ground.  "Now Jonathan." He yelled at the top of his lungs. "Stay strong. We will win! It is just a matter of time. We've cut down already one of those bastar*s, so this will also go down in some time."

Spoiler

ID# 70672 results:
Battle: 7

Jonathan 520/520 <<24/52>>
Aereth 220/220 <<2/22>> 

Damage: 7

Skeletal Warrior 160/260 -7 from Aereth's attack

Hate Count
Warrior J-4 A-4

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth attacked, making his best attempt to distract the skeleton. He slashed off the skeleton's leg which caused the skeleton to fall on its one knee. Its leg began to come back to its body, but Jonathan had to take this distraction. His blade began to gleam a violent gold and Jonathan charged forward, slicing it its chest. As Jonathan's sword collided with the skeleton' all of the rest of it's ribs completely shattered, and turned into pixels. Jonathan laughed as he returned to his ally, and took a defensive position. Then he looked down. Somehow the skeleton's sword was stuck in his chest, a few red pixels seeping out of it. Jonathan grimaced but gasped as it was pulled out. The skeleton was right in front of them. Jonathan kicked it back, away from him and Aereth. How it managed to strike him, Jonathan did not know. You got It Aereth, try to keep it distracted.

Spoiler

70674 BD:8 MD:10 +20 Dmg Regen      Battle turn: Battle healing Activated!

Jonathan 492/520 <<18/52>> Health: 520- (100[80+20] -43=57 Dmg. +29 (Battle Healing and Regen.) 
@Aereth 220/220 <<2/22>> 

Damage: 49

Skeletal Warrior 111/260 

Hate Count
Warrior J-5 A-4

Edited by Morgenstern

Jonathand also was finally able to get a decent hit on the skeleton warrior again. But that hit came with a price. As Jonathan retreated to Aereth's side, the skeleton's sword was sticking in Jonathan's chest, and the damage markers shone in a bright red all over his chest. He then pulled it out and told Aereth to continue distracting it. "Yeah, I'll do my best to keep it occupied with me. When you see an opening just go for it." he told his friend in golden armor. 

Then Arereth charged again at the skeleton warrior and engaged it in close combat. Aereth managed to block, parry and dodge every hit with his sword and superior speed, but again wasn't able to get a hit on it. He sighed and used his free hand to punch the skeleton warrior into his face to generate some distance between him and the enemy NPC

ID# 70679 results:
Battle: 1

Jonathan 492/520 <<18/52>>
Aereth 220/220 <<1/22>> -2 from miss +1

Skeletal Warrior 111/260 

Hate Count
Warrior J-5 A-4

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan stood with his weapon pointed out. Aereth was doing the best he could to maintain attention to distact it, but was getting hate for himself, faster than ever. You are doing great Aereth. The man seemed annoyed, and punched the skeleton off of him, and giving some room between them. Jonathan sighed. He had to take off a turn to do some howling to regain some hate. Aereth was getting in a range that was deadly close, and Jonathan had no intentions to let him be there. The tank reared his head back and <<Howled>>  The Skeleton's eyeless sockets burst a light of gold for a split second and began to keep moving on Jonathan.Yeah, that's it. Back off of Aereth. He pointed his sword out and the skeleton charged Jonathan. He smiled and ducked to the side, having the skeleton completely miss him. We have almost got it dead, keep fighting!

Spoiler

70695 MD:3

Jonathan 492/520 <<19/52>> +1
@Aereth 220/220 <<1/22>> 

Skeletal Warrior 111/260 

Hate Count
Warrior J-8 A-4

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth was slowly but steady building up hate from the skeleton warrior. He first noticed it when he punched the warrior to create space between them, and the warrior just started to chase him again. Just as the skeleton got into damage range Jonathan saved Aereth's a** with a howl. "Thanks buddy. This attack wouldn't have ended well for me." he told his friend. 

Now Jonathan had the full attention of the skeleton warrior again. It charged and swiped at him, but Jonathan had no problems in dodging the incoming hit. As the NPC started to stumble again, Aereth dashed towards it, with the intent of hitting it, but unfortunately the skeleton warrior was able to regain his balance and blocked the swipe with its own sword. Cursing Aereth quickly retreated back to Jonathan's side. "Yes, we won't loose to this skeleton." "He must also be running out of energy after some hits, hopefully we are able to defeat it before this happens..."

ID# 70697 results:
Battle: 2

Jonathan 492/520 <<19/52>> +1
Aereth 220/220 <<1/22>> 

Skeletal Warrior 111/260 

Hate Count
Warrior J-8 A-4

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan held himself ready as the man began to able to remove himself from the scene of the battle. It appeared the skeleton had been on the verge of attacking poor Aereth. Luckily the man had stayed strong and was fighting strong. Perhaps next time we should not take on two at the same time. Jonathan leapt forward, and lsashed upwards with an uppercut, but none to his surprise, the damned undead creature blocked it. Jonathan slashed again, but the skeleton dodged. Jonathan leapt backwards and began to speak with his ally next to him, Aereth. Kayaba gave this creature a block mechanic with that sword of its, far to well. It is impossible to get a hit on him. It is like it knows what we are going to do, before we even do. Jonathan's breathing was starting to become shorter, and much faster as he was beginning to run short of the little energy he had. 

Spoiler

70699 BD:5 MD:5 COME THE F*** ON MAN!!!

Jonathan 492/520 <<18/52>> -1
Aereth 220/220 <<1/22>> 

Skeletal Warrior 111/260 

Hate Count
Warrior J-8 A-4

Edited by Morgenstern