[PP-F3] Planning things Together <Itzal, Aereth, Birdie

OOC- for shop description, click the link to my shop in my signature

With Aereth initiated into the guild only one thing was to be done:  Have the apprentices meet and discuss how they would be trained.  Alisa had been a bit of a handful for Itzal and although he learned much about training from that experience, he would now be training two players at the same time.  This he knew would be quite the challenge but he was certain he would pull through.  Of course they needed to talk about what they wanted to do first.  That was why Itzal chose to meet at his shop on floor three.  As he sat by the fire, gazing out to the glistening waters of the lake, he strummed a tune on his guitar while waiting.  No voice, just music.  If Velnia were here he knew she'd be falling asleep on his lap or shoulder right about now.  As it was he simply played into the silent day, weaving the music through the air.  He thought about his two apprentices.  Birdie seemed better at finding materials thus far, but that was only because he'd been a bit more active than Aereth.  However ever since he met Aereth he noticed the player was training hard and was certainly much more fit.  Birdie mentioned how she didn't want to do much combat while Aereth made it clear he would be.  So although their paths would differ a bit, they still had the same goal in mind.

@Aereth @Birdie

Aereth was dozing inside the guestroom of Itzal's shop. He offered his friend that he could stay there as long as he wanted, until Aereth was able to get a shop on his own. He thought about how drastically his life in Aincrad changed in the last few days. So many new faces, new friends, comrades as well as a somewhat suspicious redhead he needed to have an eye on. And it all started one day where his first friend and teacher dropped to the ground out of seemingly nowhere. And now he was his second aprentice. Learning from the scout paladin how to be a good scout. It felt so unreal. How could he be so lucky. 

Just then Aereth's thoughts were interrupted by the beautiful voices of Itzal's guitar. "[censored], [censored], [censored]!" He thought as his eyes snapped wide open. "I hope I didn't sleep away at the meeting." He jumped up and bursted out of the door, making his way to Itzal.

As he entered the room where the sound came from, Aereths stance eased and he leaned at the wall listening to Itzal's music. "Hey. I hope I'm not late my friend." he said smiling.

@Itzal, @Birdie

"Just when I thought I'd seen it all, this game keeps on giving." Birdie feasted her eyes upon the The Dragon's Soul, a shop a little ways away from town, set in the valley between two mountains and a nearby lake. A sight to behold, she regretted neglecting to visit her mentor's shop in the past. though a time had never arisen where she'd needed to visit. Rereading the message she'd gotten earlier, Itzal requested her presence for a meeting, and after following the trail to his abode her decision to accept wasn't one of regret.

An open fire burned warmly, embers gliding through the air from within the tranquil flames. Drawing closer, the sounds of guitar strings being plucked to form a melody filled her ears, a sense of euphoria overcoming her as she was reminded of a camping trip from when she was a child. Unequipping her weapon, she noticed her mentor wielding the instrument through the opaque inventory screen, eliciting a subtle raise of the eyebrow as she came within earshot of the shop. Aereth seemed to be enjoying the music equally so, and she rose her arms into an overhead wave in hopes they'd notice her.

"Hey you two!" Birdie dismissed the menu and stood proper, coming to a stop on the opposite side of the fire. "I apologise for my lateness, there was a sale on Lembas Bread in Delilah Village." She gave a gentle bow before running a hand through the hair on her neck, a sheepish smile befalling the bluenette's lips.

Edited by Birdie

Itzal jumped slightly as the door burst open and turned to Aereth who was obviously scared he was late.  "Holy crap man!  No, you're not late, don't be so scared about that stuff ok?  And definitely don't burst through the door again!  I don't think I nor the door could handle it!"  He chuckled to show that he was joking and continued to strum the guitar.  He didn't play long before Birdie called out to them and he looked up with a smile.  When she told them why she was late his eyes widened slightly.  "Lembas bread?  Kayaba I love you so much.  Bringing my fantasy worlds to life...  Anyways it's no biggie.  First of all I'd like to see if you two know each other.  Second of all, we're meeting here to discuss how I'm to train you both."  He set the guitar aside and gestured for the both of them to take a seat around the fire.  "I've only had one other apprentice, and the process was shaky at best since it was my first time teaching anyone anything.  I didn't exactly get outside much in the real world after all.  So we'll start with introductions if they haven't been made yet and we can start discussing the details."

@Birdie @Aereth

At first Aereth thought that he had upset his teacher but as Itzal chuckled, Aereth also joined him chuckling. "Your wish is my command, boss."

After that Itzal continued to play in his guitar for some time until Birdie also entered his shop with a smile, explaining that she was late because of a sale of Lembas Bread. Again Aereth had to chuckle. "Hello Birdie."

Then they all took a seat at the fire place as Itzal gestured. He then said that he had one other apprentice in the past, and how this training was a little bit shaky. This made Aereth curious. "Another apprentice? I wonder if we know him or her." He thought and decided to just ask straight away. "Is your former apprentice still in the guild or has he/she left?

Itzal also asked if Aereth and Birdie met each other before today so Aereth answered his friend. "Yes, we actually went out gathering two times. Was great fun. " he said smiling at Birdie.

@Itzal, @Birdie

Edited by Aereth

Circling around the open flame, she sat facing her two friends. Curiosities ran rampent in her mind as to who his former apprentice might have been, though Aereth seemed to have the same idea and asked their mentor outright. 'I don't recall another scout in the guild.. then again, I don't think I even know half the members yet." Letting her curiosity fade, she made herself comfortable for the ensuing meeting.

Birdie nodded in agreement as Aereth explained they knew each other. "Yup, we're in the same party for the Rovian Wars event!" Whether that was relevant to the conversation or not, she felt it important to let Itzal know about the time they'd be spending together. "I have no problems with training alongside him- it'll make your job easier this time around, kinda." She lacked the details of Itzal's previous teachings with the first apprentice, but training both her and Aereth at the same time allowed them to compare each other's progress and improve somewhat independently. 

"What details of our training did you want to discuss?"

When Aereth asked about his former apprentice and if she left the guild he tapped his leg with his finger for a moment or two.  "She uh, seems to have vanished.  My guess is that something happened and she needed to leave.  I haven't seen or heard of her since but she's definitely still alive.  I tend to wonder if it had anything to do with her and Beatbox breaking up.  Either way she's strong enough to handle herself, not to mention she's pretty smart.  I think she'll be ok."  He smiled when the two players mentioned that they knew each other and nodded in recognition of the quest Birdie mentioned.  "Hey that's great!  Is there anyone else in that party of yours?"  At Birdie's mention it was time to get to business.  "Alright, one of the first things we need to decide is this:  Do you guys want to have a friendly rivalry with one another during you're training?  Do you want to be trained together or separately?  When we get that out of the way we can explain what you'll be trained on."

@Aereth @Birdie

Aereth was a little bit taken aback, as Itzal explained  to them that his former apprentice just vanished. The assumed reason why made the whole deal a little bit clearer, but vanishing? "Wow that's some hard stuff to swallow. But love can hurt sometimes." he stated in a sad tone.

But the mood quickly changed back to normal as Itzal asked them if anyone else was in their party for the event quest. "Yes, actually. Two others are also with us. Arc and Lessa to be precise. They are really great people." he answered the question.

Next he asked, if they were up to a friendly rivalry and if they wanted to train together.  Aereth looked at Birdie for a moment and sent a grin in her direction. "That's a funny thing. We also talked about this topic, and we came to the conclusion, that such a little rivalry would be great. It would help us to push harder at training. But of course nothing serious, we're friends after all."

@Itzal, @Birdie

'His apprentice broke up with Beatbox? That explains why the guy's looked so bummed out... that might be the reason he left too.' Her internalisation of thoughts didn't last much longer as Itzal curved the subject onto the event quest, and Aereth answered promptly. "Mhm- it's a dream team, that's for sure!" In her mind, at least.

She glanced towards her rival as Itzal asked about a mellow rivalry, nodding in agreement. "As soon as he catches up to me, we'll be able to compare each other's progress; whether that's just field exercises or gathering contests, it would help us both out in the long run." She sent him a smile, turning to face Itzal once more. "It goes without saying we'd like to train alongside one another with you, if that's at all possible." The only fork in that road would be their different approaches to reaching a common end goal, but that was an obstacle to overcome later on.

Edited by Birdie

He nodded to the two when they made it clear they would be trained together.  "Alright then.  Let me bring to the table what you'll be learning:  The most important factor, as that's our build, is how to detect and spot hidden things and people in your surroundings.  This does not only mean finding materials, but spotting players in the shadows, hidden passages and doorways, and eventually, tracking down other players.  It sounds simple but there's a lot that goes into the skills to do so.  Most likely by the time you've mastered this skill you'll be a sentinel but I'll always be willing to give out lessons.  Therefore I'll reveal the rest of what I have to teach you:  I'll be learning lockpicking soon so when you master search and detect I can teach you that.  I can teach you a few combat skills such as tactics and strategy, and I can teach you fighting techniques as well.  I myself have developed a very unique one.  Other than these I obviously could teach you both parkour.  However to do so you must promise me three things:  The first is that you perform the exercises given to you without complaint.  The second is that if you have a fear of heights let me know and I'll rid it from you.  And the third, is to have fun.  You'll be pushing to and past your limits and it won't be easy, but I also know that we all need time to ourselves from time to time.  Do you find this acceptable?"

@Aereth @Birdie

"And I'll be doing my best and work hard to catch up to you as fast as possible." he smiled and gave his blueharied comrade a thumbs up. "I can only agree to Birdies last statement. I also think that training together will help us to get to know each other better, which in return will bring advantages when take on real guild missions together after we finished our training with you."

Itzal explained to them what a scout exactly does. "Tracking down other players..." he thought. As well as lock picking, some combat skills and parkour. Aereth knew that this wouldn't be an easy way to go. But if he wanted to archive his goals, he had to work hard for it. And he has no problem with hard work.

The answer to Itzal's last question was quite simple. "Yes of course. I'll follow your lead. And I trust you that you will  make us better and stronger." he said with a big smile.

@Itzal, @Birdie

The mention of heights immediately had Birdie in a bind, and although she managed to hear the rest of Itzal's short speech, the bluenette's eyes scoured the ground nervously. Aereth seemed to accept the offer without so much as a complaint, 'Following the rules already I guess,' she thought with a smile.

"U-um, that all sounds fine with me- the strategy elements would be a lot of fun to divulge in specifically- but that thing about heights... I um, I hate heights.. like, climbing up trees should be fine, but anything higher than a small building and I can't deal with it." She realised it would quite likely hinder their training, and with Itzal's offer to rid her of that fear, she desperately hoped he could work some of his magic on her.

"B-but other than that I think we're all good! I can't wait to get started, no matter which area of scouting we train in first."

He wasn't exactly surprised when Aereth responded the way he did.  Honestly he was wondering how long it would take for the player to call him senpai or master, regardless if Itzal enjoyed it or not.  He knew Ulises thought the title fitting and had convinced Itzal that it wasn't that bad a thing.  When Birdie mentioned how she was interested in strategies Itzal nodded with a grin, hoping she'd enjoy it as much as he did.  Then she mentioned how she was terrified of heights.  He nodded thoughtfully.  "Right.  We'll need to clear that issue up fast then.  Parkour doesn't exactly work unless you overcome fear.  Fear will hold you back and make the potential to harm yourself greater.  Perhaps you and I could work on that Birdie while Aereth catches up to your level?  Which now that I have you're agreement you two, I'll offer you a schedule and see if it works with you.  By dawn you two will meet me in the forest on floor one every day.  For two to three hours we'll do exercises, the time depending on how fit the two of you are.  Afterwards we'll take an hour walk to discuss any questions you have while looking for materials.  After lunch I can teach you both how to properly wield you're weapon as well as tactics you should keep in mind that work with your chosen weapon as well.  In the evening is when we'll practice parkour but you both want to learn together so Aereth, until I've cured Birdie's fear of heights I want you to do what you can to catch up in levels during that time.  The late evening will be yours to do as you wish.  Does that sound agreeable or would you two like a different schedule?  I was a little soft on my first apprentice and I'm sorry to say I cannot be soft anymore.  This will be hard for you but that will make you that much stronger in the end."

@Aereth @Birdie

As Aereth heard that Birdie was afraid of heights, he turned his head to her with an reassuring smile. "Don't worry you got this. Itzal will show you how to loose your fear. We all will support you."

Then Itzal suggested, that Aereth could use the time he was going to spend with Birdie training in order to get his level up. Nodding his head Aereth answered. "I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I could ask Jonathan to take me to the NPC that teaches you the different fighting styles, or I could go out questing and gathering."

He then announced the training plan. Aereth thought about the scheduling of the day for a few moments. "The schedule is well thought out. Workout and resting sessions are good distributed, and if I want I can get a few extra training sessions in before dawn, as well as in the evening." Then he nodded at his friend and said. "I'm fine with the schedule it looks well thought out. I think this will work."

@Birdie, @Itzal

Edited by Aereth

"Parkour doesn't exactly work unless you overcome fear.  Fear will hold you back and make the potential to harm yourself greater."

As nervous as she was about that aspect of their training, Itzals words sought to cheer her up and the smile growing on her cheeks showed that they had worked. The rest of the schedule was fine in Birdie's mind, if a little too harsh in the morning. 'I'll have to alter my morning routine to fit in such early training,' she pondered, bringing herself to nod as Aereth commented on the plan. "I understand, that schedule is fine with me. Thank you for the help - a fear of heights is a pretty huge hindrance, I know.." She felt guilty for delaying Aereth's potential parkour training because of her own fears, but at the same time was glad he'd be able to catch up and reach the same level as her.

"If it's okay of me to ask, how easy did you go on your first apprentice?" Her eyes traced to Itzal, before falling to the ground sheepishly. "I know it's not relevant to our training, but it could give us an example of how hard we should train when you can't make it to practice."

Edited by Birdie

When both players agreed with the schedule he nodded.  Birdie seemed more comforted and reassured by his comment so he was very glad for that.  "Alright then.  We can start training in three days.  That gives you both enough time to make adjustments for your training.  Also, I need to ask the two of you something:  Have either of you completed calming the soul yet?  If you haven't then good.  I have something planned for that."  Then Birdie asked him how hard he trained his former apprentice and he gave a sad smile before sighing.  "Well I was actually very soft on her at first.  She complained about the exercises sure, but really she could have endured much more.  She was stronger than she thought.  It was only after Kasier, er...  Well I won't get into details but essentially something happened and I realized I needed to increase the difficulty.  However by that time it was nearly over and too late.  I won't make the same mistake twice.  Therefore I'll say this to the both of you:  When you go through training there is only one direction:  Forwards.  You cannot back down or give up, I won't allow it.  If you think or say you can't go onward I promise you that you can go three times the amount you think you can.  It's psychological.  When you learn how to handle stress, pain and aches the way I have, such things won't get in your way when a real emergency arises."

@Aereth

"Nope, I haven't even heart about that quest until today." He said while scratching the back of his head and with a smile on his lips. "But looks like I didn't make a mistake in not doing it if you have something in mind for it. Care to tell us what exactly you have in mind, or is it a surprise?" He said grinning. 

Then Birdie asked Itzal how the training with his first apprentice had been. Even though Itzal was smiling, he could clearly see the sadness and the regret in his eyes. "Looks like she hit a sore spot there..." he thought as he listened to Itzals story about his first ever apprentice. So he decided to stay silent for now.

As he came to the point where he talked about never stepping back or giving up Aereth had to smile. Ha was so goddamned right. You don't gain anything if you let yourself drown in self pity. If you want to improve you got work hard for it. This is what Aereth learned as he started to dance competitively. And he took it to heart since then. He couldn't let himself down. Not for himself and also not for his girlfriend, his family and Adrian.

@Birdie

Edited by Aereth

To hear Itzal's emotional response was surprising, given what she thought he'd answer with. "I-I see... never back down, even if we think we can't. That's really great advice, I think me and Aereth will both take that to heart." She mentioned her rival seeing as he'd chosen to keep quiet; she would have done the same if she could, but to not reply to a topic she herself brought up seemed rude and ignorant.

"About that quest though, I um.... well, I got around half-way through it. When it came to the third demon, the thing that I was supposed to kill..." Birdie paused for a moment, shaking her head slightly. "I couldn't do it. I ran from the quest area and forfeited, and haven't tried to go back since." Scanning the ground for a moment, she avoided eye contact until the very last second when she looked to Itzal. "Sorry if that ruins your idea. I'm willing to go back there though, if it's a part of our training."

Edited by Birdie

Itzal listened as Aereth said he hadn't even heard of the quest, and as Birdie mentioned she had attempted the quest, but then backed out at the third demon.  He nodded slowly.  "It's an intense quest, but when we get to that point in the training you'll understand why it's necessary.  I have my own personal story I'll share to you both when you reach that stage.  I'll share some of it with you both before hand, and give you the full details afterward.  Either way don't feel bad about backing out.  I was close to failing one of my demons.  Not for the reason you'd imagine though.  Ok then, so we have a schedule set up.  We'll get started on the morning three days from now.  But before we disperse, I'll have you know that well.  I am a performer," he said with a smile as he pulled out his guitar once again.  "From time to time we can relax anywhere you guys want and we can sing some songs together.  I don't care if you're a better singer or a terrible one, I can help us make great songs together."

@Aereth

OOC- I'll close the thread on my next post

Itzal talked about how this quest was an intense and rather hard one. He was even close to failing it which Aereth made even more curious. But he decided not to ask him about the quest since he said that he will tell them about it when the right time has come. "If it's such an intense quest, you have to gain a lot from it guess, so I'm looking forward to doing it. Yes the schedule is there, now we just have to push hard to make it work." Aereth was looking forward to the training with Itzal and his partner Birdie. He thought that he could gain a lot of skills and strength from it, so he would give his very best every time the worked together.

Aereth chuckled at Itzal's last comment. He was a terrible singer according to his girlfriend, parents, friends, almost everyone. "Yeah man, I can do the background noise if you like." he said laughing. "But it would be awesome if we could get out some time to go camping. I loved camping back in the real world. Sitting around the campfire, singing, drinking. Having a good time.

@Birdie

Edited by Aereth