{PP-F9-NK} The Power of the Flames -Aereth and Myself- <<Feeding the Enemy>>

OOC- Don't worry, we won't be fighting any monsters, just material gathering

Meat Haunch (+3LD)  Familiar Call (+1LD on Familiars)  Void's Eyes  (+2LD)  = +6 LD on this thread

Domarus stood in the village of Vulcan.  He had taken the time to observe the floor from this height and it seemed the perfect place to find the familiar he was looking for.  In the end he had decided to find a familiar associated with fire.  Thus the volcanic floor would be the perfect place to look.  He stood there wearing the Hopebreaker save for the helmet which he stored in his inventory.  His Gauntlet's, which were a separate piece to the armor were also in storage, revealing the tattoo on his left forearm (more details in signature).  He wore his ring on his right hand and he had the charm hung on his belt loop but it was almost too small for others to see.  Not two minutes ago he had eaten a meat haunch which a player gave to him on the house to help find his familiar.  Not only that but he had a song crystal that was suppose to help making familiar's easier to find.  An attraction song it was called.  He had not yet played the song however and neither did he really care.  Keres stood there in a more revealing yet still somewhat modest maid's outfit due to all the heat.  She never left Domarus' side, especially since he was about to go collect his familiar.  And especially since he was sending a message to the player Aereth at that very moment.  When he finished the message and sent it he thought about what familiar he wanted.  It was down to three options:  a dragon, a bird, or a snake.  He wasn't sure if he'd even find any like those on this floor but he was more than willing to search every wretched corner to find it.  After sending the message he looked at Keres once more.  

"Remember, while I do trust you, I must remind you not to push too hard.  This is a delicate situation and I need you to be focused at all times."  Keres bowed happily to his order.

"As you wish master."  With that settled all they had to do was wait for the player.

@Aereth

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aereth just walked out of his teachers shop, which he used as a temporary home until he would get his own shop. He didn't think much about which profession he would be taking. At first he wanted to become a blacksmith, but then Jonathan told him how good tailors were desperately needed inside this game, so right now, he was tending more towards the tailor profession. Because: the less shops of a profession, the more customers you get. This principle applies in the real world, as well as inside of Sword Art Online. Dismissing his thoughts, he concentrated back on why he was leaving the house of his teacher in the first place. Domarus contacted him, if he had some spare time, in order to help him finding his familiar. Back when they first met, Domarus helped him finishing his <<Worn out Welcome>> quest, so Aereth offered him to help him with one of his quests in return. As he reached the big Teleport Crystal, Aereth opened the teleport menu and selected floor nine, Vulcan Village. His body got engulfed in light and was gone.

Out of seemingly nowhere, his body materialized again at the place he selected beforehand. "I won't let my guard down. I need to get more information about him and his maid." he thought as he started to look for the axe-wielding player with his maid. It didn't took him long to find the two players. He approached them and started his greeting. First he lowered his head in Keres direction and said. "Hi Keres, nice to see you again." Then he turned to Domarus and offered his hand. "Also a pleasure to see you again my friend."

@Domarus

When Domarus heard the teleport sound he knew that it was Aereth.  Nobody seemed to come to this floor whatsoever so he knew it would be the player coming to assist him.  He turned around when the sound ended and smiled and waved at the player, Keres bowing slightly with a smile of her own.  When the player chose to bow his head to Keres and not Domarus he thought it odd but did not bother with it right now.  Keres smiled to Aereth.

"It's great to see you too Aereth!"  When Aereth offered Domarus' hand he took and shook the hand, a hearty smile on his face.  

"A pleasure to see you as well my friend!  But don't be so formal!"  It was indeed true.  The player appeared both formal and somewhat stressed.  Domarus had no doubt it was his suspicions on himself that made him so.  The only other answer would be that he tried to be formal on quests but that was proven false since Aereth had been rather loose during the quest Domarus had helped him on.  Whether it was stress, pressure, or some cheap attempt at deception, it would not help the player out in any way on this trip.  He looked out to the volcanic lands.  

"I'm pretty sure the familiar I want is out there somewhere.  I suppose we better get started.  I don't recommend we fight any monsters on this floor due to the fact that it's floor nine, but nothing's to stop us from collecting materials."  He grinned at Aereth as he made his way to the village gate, the two players at his sides.  As they walked he pulled out the song crystal and showed it to Aereth.

"Curtesy of a performer named Itzal, whom I found out is the scout paladin of your guild, hopefully mine as well soon enough.  No idea what the song is."

@Aereth

After Keres answer Aereth smiled back to her but didn't fail to notice that Domarus was slightly confused that he bowed to her first, and only then offered him his hand for a handshake. He then laughed at Domarus comment about being too formal. "I just think that have to greet a beautiful young lady in a proper way my friend." he explained to him. "Even if I didn't intend on doing so, it seems like I managed to irritate him a little bit. So I got that going for me which is nice."

As the made their way out of the village gate, Domarus shared his plan for the day with Aereth. "Yeah, I agree with you there. Fighting the mobs here would most likely get us all three killed. Yes collecting materials should be no problem, we just have to stay out of the hate range of the monsters."

Then he showed Aereth a song crystal made from Itzal. "I assume to rise the chances of getting an familiar?" He knew exactly about the crystal, since he was living together with Itzal, but didn't want to share too much information with the redhead and his maid.

@Domarus

It appeared that Aereth confused Domarus' comment to mean that he was jealous of how he treated Keres over him which was false.  While he felt the master should be greeted more highly than the servant, he was not revealing his powerful position.  Rather his statement was that he didn't need to act formally with either of them.  However that couldn't be changed.  Domarus chuckled and patted Keres on the back.

"She is indeed a beautiful young woman is she not?  I agree with you then."  To this Keres nearly blushed but she managed to keep a straight face.  The way he said it most people might think he was joking around but she knew.  He was being one hundred percent genuine.  Domarus nodded when Aereth agreed with him.  And most likely he'd have the better searching skills than Aereth since he had eaten the food, held a searching item, and was about to use the crystal any moment.  When Aereth guessed it's purpose perfectly Domarus became somewhat suspicious as to how he learned this so quickly.  He had a feeling it was Itzal but there was only one way to tell.

"Yes, but only by one point.  Still it makes it much easier.  Hey do you have anywhere to stay?  A place to stay, live in?"  As he asked Keres walked with them silently, letting them talk.  When they walked outside the town Domarus took his first step on the volcanic land.  Blackened gravel mixed with the gray like ash is what he stepped on.  It was warm beneath his boots and while the night made it dark, the dark red glow pulsing off of his armor lit up the path before them.  He lifted the crystal and activated it, the song playing and it would repeat until they found the familiar.

Spoiler

Name: Gerudo Valley
Profession: Performer
ID: 66576
Roll: CD:  12
Item Type: Familiar Call
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Adds 1 to the LD roll whenever you roll for a familiar.  Active for the entire thread.
Description:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THdRs7grqhE

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

"Even if she's dressed like a maid. I don't give a s*it. For me it will always be ladies first." Aereth said while laughing. Then they finally set foot on the outside of the village. Aereth could totally understand why almost no players were on this particular floor. It was designed in the direct area of a f***ing vulcano.

"Do you have something in mind what kind of familiar you want to have? I guess it will have something to do with fire if we are looking for it up here." Aereth asked his friend.

Then he asked him if he had a place to stay or live in right now. "As for now I have nothing permanent to stay in. But until I open my own shop, Itzal offered me to stay in his guest room." Aereth answered Domarus. "May I ask you if you already have a shop?"

@Domarus

Domarus chuckled as his friend laughed.  Inwardly he wondered how Aereth would react if he encountered a family with an actual servant and disrespected the masters of the household by bowing to the servants first.  It would not be a pretty sight most certainly.  For now however the player was safe.  He did not understand that Keres wanted to play servant for specific reasons and his ignorance would be his forgiveness.  As they trekked down the rocky slope Domarus listened to Aereth ask if he had a particular familiar in mind.  He shrugged.

"You guessed right about the fire.  However I'm not particularly sure about what animal.  Since it's a fantasy game I'm sure dragon's would exist.  However whatever I encounter, I want it to be strong and resilient, powerful and persistent.  And that can come in any form."  Keres grinned when he described his future familiar and she began to imagine every intimidating animal, only made of either metal or stone, and with fires coming from within.  Domarus listened to the player explain that he was staying with Itzal and that explained why he knew what the crystal did.  When Aereth asked Domarus if he had a shop, he nodded.

"I'm an Artisan, but I don't have many materials coming in.  Although I don't just make trinkets and jewelry.  I also give players tattoos, though even with those I haven't had many customers.  I don't have any materials at all so this trip should benefit me."  As they walked Keres noticed a large black ore in the ground and reached down, picking it up and giving it to Domarus, who grinned.  Fortune favored him today.  Or it was the bonus LD he got from the items.

ID#  70144  LD:  11+5=16

+1 MAT

1 MAT total

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

Domarus shrugged at Aereth's question and explained that it didn't matter too much for him as long as it is strong and resilient, powerful and persistent. "You are right with the dragons. They do exist. I saw a few players with dragons in the past. Although, the dragons they had weren't as big as you would assume them to be." Now Aereth started to think what kind of familiar he would be getting. He had something in mind for a long time but wasn't quite sure about it. To be precise he had thought about getting a wolf. Maybe the wolf would be able to help him gather materials or finding hidden players but he didn't bother to gather information about familiars up until now.

Then Domarus told Aereth that he was an Artisan with not many customers. "You also do tattoos? That's awesome. Maybe I'll visit you in your shop one day to get one." Aereth said to him while looking around for any materials. Unfortunately for him he wasn't able to find anything.

ID# 70145 results:

Loot: 7

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

Aereth made a comment about dragons and Domarus nodded, figuring it would be so as he hadn't seen any familiars bigger than a medium sized dog.  Still, it would be useful to have such a familiar.  Anything powerful he thought.  As long as the familiar looked as intimidating as it's damage he was fine with whatever it was.  With a flaming familiar and his black glowing armor and ax, he had the potential to scare most anyone who wasn't brave out into the streets.  When Aereth mentioned that tattoos were awesome and how he might get one in the future.  Domarus grinned.  

"You come by my shop, I'll put every tattoo artist to shame.  They come in three sizes with their own prices.  The most expensive is a full body tattoo which a young woman named Alisa had asked for.  So far she's been my only successful customer, and I've got another one waiting for my craft.  But like I said, I have no materials currently so I can't do much there.  That's why I hope I get many materials from this trip.  Along with my familiar of course."  As he spoke Keres continued to keep her eyes peeled for any materials that she could spot.  Domarus wasn't nearly as good at finding materials as she was.  He was more battle sensed than material sensed.  Weak points, emotional flaws, patterns and behaviors, these things he could detect.  But he couldn't detect where an object was being hidden.  As she scanned her eyes lit up and dashed at the ground, digging through the rocks.  They cut her hands deeply but she simply smiled as it wasn't nearly as much pain as she enjoyed having.  When she finished she pulled out a large ruby like crystal and handed it to Domarus.  He lifted it and examined it, knowing that it was a rare material.  

"An excellent find Keres.  Well done."  she grinned at his words and stood up, resuming her search as she walked beside the two.

ID#  70153  LD:  20+5=26

+1 MAT

2 MAT total

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

Domarus talked about the different sized tattoos he was able to make, that his only successful customer a girl named Alisa was. He also added, that he was very short on materials, and that he hoped to change this while being on this trip to find his familiar. "I will most definitely get one from you in some time. So you better gather enough materials for me too. How are the prices of the different sizes, if I may ask? And are there any temporary or permanent side effects like stat boosts or something else?" Aereth asked Domarus curiously.

Just as Aereth finished his question Keres seemed to have found something useful on the ground. She was digging with her bare hands into sharp stones, which left red damage marks on the maids hand. The creepy thing about is was, that she seemed to enjoy the pain she was inflicting herself with the rocks, as her smile indicated. "Wow... This girl get's creepier at each second." he thought as she brought a big ruby like crystal back to Domarus.

As she got back to Domarus, Aereth decided to take a closer look at the hole the ruby like crystal was hidden in. He learned from Itzal, to always double check after finding something really rare, because sometimes there are also other rare materials hidden in the near area. And he got rewarded for his double checking. He a similar stone formation just some steps beside the spot where Keres found her ruby. With one kick he removed the sharp stones and picked up a sapphire like ore, up from the ground and stored it into his inventory.

Spoiler

ID# 70162 results:

Loot: 15

Materials: 0 + 1 = 1

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

When Aereth asked about the specifics of the tattoos he shook his head to the last question.  

"No, tattoos cannot have enhancements on them unfortunately.  They're permanent unless you ask me to remove it for you, which also cost col, so you can't switch it with anything else.  As for the prices those are as such:  Hand to forearm size is six hundred col to place while removing one is only three hundred.  Forearm to full arm or leg size is eight hundred to place while four hundred to remove it.  A full body tattoo is one thousand to place and five hundred to remove.  Col is actually pretty easy to get so I have the prices set as such."  As Aereth watched Keres, Domarus watched Aereth, and saw the look on his face when she smiled.  Although Domarus wanted to reprimand her for getting ahead of herself he had already said that he would trust her judgement.  And so he would.  And besides, the player had no reason to believe she enjoyed pain.  Technically the pain dampeners removed all of the pain.  She simply imagined it, so the smile could have easily been from spotting something of good value.  He turned to look at Aereth and noticed that he wasn't there.  He turned around and noted that the player was using his foot to move some of the rocks further away and ended up pulling a smaller gem out from the hole.  Domarus cocked an eyebrow.

"Perhaps when Keres and I have the time you could show her a thing or two about searching.  You seem to be a decent scout already."  Indeed his skills were impressive.  Domarus needed someone like him as a general.  If he had a scout general he wouldn't be low on materials as often.  However he needed to take this slowly if he was going to turn this player into an actual follower.

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

Domraus explained to Aereth how much the tattoos would cost and that they were un removable, unless he would remove them. "The prices aren't as high as I assumed them to be. I'm really tempted to pay you a visit some time in the future to get one or maybe two." He knew exactly what tattoos he would get. One to remember him why he wants to get out of here, and the second to remember the reason why he will be cutting down every orange colored murder inside of this game that is unfortunate enough to meet him.

After that Domarus asked if he could show Keres one or two things about searching which made Aereth chuckle. "Yeah, sure thing. Just message me and when I've got time, I'll be sure to show some things to her. And thank's for the compliment, but I'm far away from where I want to be as a scout. I have still much to learn. But I'm working on it every day." Laughing, the three of them contiunued their search for Domarus familiar.

Spoiler

ID# 70186 results:

Loot: 13

Materials: 1

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

When Aereth mentioned how the prices were lower than he expected Domarus cocked an eyebrow.  Lower than his expectations.  He wondered if that was a bad thing or a good thing.  Probably good because then he might get more customers in that case.  However he wouldn't be getting any unless he had a stable material income.  However he didn't seem to be very good at collecting materials by himself.  Perhaps if he had assistance when he went on those trips.  Usually it was Esther who helped him out but he had to break her imprisonment first.  Either way he grinned to Aereth.

"Well I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you my friend."  As they walked Domarus noticed something that looked somewhat like a canyon and pointed in that direction, deciding to look there for a familiar.  As they walked inside Aereth mentioned how he was flattered but that he was nowhere near the level of skill he wanted to be.  Domarus chuckled.

"You're not the only one friend.  I'm close to grand mastering my weapon skill but that's only the tip of the ice berg.  I still need to get all the ferocity mods, the armor mod, my familiar, and then a proper weapon to deal as much damage as I'd like to deal.  And not a weapon with normal enhancements, no no no.  I intend on getting some unique enhancements.  However they're pretty difficult to get a hold of, and even then it may not be the one you want.  What's worse is that they don't increase as far as Tier so I'd have to continue to replenish it over and over again."  As they walked down the canyon Domarus was beginning to get the feeling they were being watched and grinned.  They were close to finding a familiar.  Hopefully it would be a useful one.  

ID#  70187  LD:  3+5=8

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

Aereth decided to ignore the cocked eyebrow and to continue the search for Domarus' familiar. Domarus pointed into the direction of a canyon to look there for his familiar. 

As Aereth finished explaining that he wasn't even near the level of skill, as where he wanted (needed) to be, Domarus told him that he also had a lot of work to do for his DPS build. "Yeah I heard about these unique enhancements, but I don't even know how to get them. I assume you have to do some kind of stupid quest, and on the end you will randomly get one?" It was always the same in RPG's. So some stupid a** quest and get rewarded with something in return. And if you wanted to get the good ones the odds would decrease or the quest would get harder. But Aereth also would need som better enhancments if he wanted to do the things he needed to do.

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

ID#  70221  LD:  5+6=11  Failure:  Goal is enhanced familiar

As the two walked through the canyon Domarus heard Aereth talk about unique enhancements like they were a quest.  Domarus now looked over at Aereth with a steady gaze as he listened to the full description.  There were two possibilities as to what this player desired.  Depending on which one it was would determine how dangerous this player could become.  Which would make it more important to win him over.

"To what exactly are you referring?  There are two types of uniques:  Unique enhancements, and unique skills.  Unique enhancements are for gear only and can only be discovered by having them either appraised by a merchant, which I'm told is expensive and can take a long time, not to mention it will be a random enhancement.  Or there's the unique skills.  These skills I'm told are extremely few, and can only be retrieved by purchasing a rumor and, if the rumor holds truth, you are rewarded with a unique skill.  I'm currently trying to learn the names of players who currently have the skills so I can ask them about it."  He did intend to do this for multiple reasons, but mainly so he'd know who he might be able to influence, and who he should avoid at all costs.  As they walked Keres tapped his arm and pointed.  When he looked up he smiled.

"Well well well.  What do we have here?"  Perched at the top of the canyon was a distant figure.  He wasn't sure what it was exactly but it looked like it had wings and a long neck and tail.  A dragon he assumed.  Then Keres pointed somewhere else.  Coiled along the side was a snake.  The two familiars had the same body it seemed:  Some sort of black metal for skin and the inside of their body being a bright flame.  The two familiars noticed the players and flew/slithered off, attempting to escape them.  Domarus grinned to Aereth.

"Looks like I'll need to make a choice in the end."

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

It seemed that Aereth made Domarus curious with his last statement about the unique enhancements. "Right now I was referring to the unique enhancements. Like I said, until now I didn't even know how to get those, but thanks to you it's clear for me now. And about the unique skills: I've done some research on them on my own, and what you told me right now isn't the whole truth. It is indeed true that you have to buy the rumor for an absurde amount of Col, and it is also true that the rumor has to hold true, but after that comes the more tricky part. You don't just get the skill, you have to fight an NPC who holds the skill and defeat it in order to get one. And it may seem unrealistic, but when I have the strength and the necessary money, I'll start to hunt for one of my own." It was more than unrealistic, almost impossible to be precise, but that wouldn't stop him trying.

As the two of them continued to make their way through the canyon to find Domarus familiar, Aereth spotted another material on a ledge a little bit above them. "Just wait for me a second." He said as he made his way to the ledge, by climbing the rock wall. As he reached his destination, he grabbed a big emerald-like ore, and stored it into his inventory. "Down should go faster." he grinned and pushed himself away from the rock wall with a back-flip and landed before Domarus and Keres.

Then they reached two potential familiars for Domarus. A dragon and a snake. "Better have to choose, than to have no potential familiar at all." he grinned at his redheaded comrade.

Spoiler

ID# 70223 results:

Loot: 15

Materials: 1 + 1 = 2

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

When Aereth talked about how the tricky part was defeating the npc with the unique skill Domarus shook his head.  

"Nah.  I bet I could take the npc on once I get enough skills.  And seeing as how I'm making great progress I don't have to worry about that...  No, the real trick my friend, is gathering enough col, fast enough, so that you can grab the rumor before anyone else can.  And unless either of us get a generous donation which I highly doubt, we won't be getting any unique skill...  Of course I'm fine with that, I never expected to get one anyways."  This statement was false of course.  He wanted to become invincible, deal the most damage.  However he knew that the hope for gaining a unique skill was slim at best.  Thus if he were to be invincible it would need to be because of his many many followers as well as his selected skills and gear.  Unique enhancements would take a very long time to get his hands on, and it would be expensive, but it done right they would be well worth it.  When Aereth mentioned getting a unique skill Domarus managed a smile.

"If you can get a unique skill then I'll congratulate you my friend."  As well as convince you to help me.  After the two familiars fled Domarus and Aereth made their way along the same path.  Domarus nodded.

"Oh I'll have no problem choosing.  Whichever is stronger and can harm me more is the one I'll choose.  You're training to be a scout correct?  Could you keep an eye on their tracks so we don't lose them?"  

ID#  70225  LD:  6+5=11

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

"Yeah, but the thing is, how long will it take us to get there? It seems almost impossible, but that makes it so exciting." he chuckled. "But lets stay realistic. I guess we both will never be able to get one in our time in here. But that doesn't matter. There are enough other ways to get stronger in here." It was true, an unique skill would make things a lot easier inside of Aincrad. Not only combat wise, also in popularity. If a player chooses to reveal his unique skill to the masses, he or she would be praised, almost worshipped. Aereth however wasn't interested into anything like that, he wanted to have an unique skill just because of its raw combat power.

"Haha. and if you get one before me, then I'd have to congratulate you." He chuckled at his companion.

"Yes of course. I'll do my best to keep their trace." After he said that, he found something that looked like coal nearby a stone formation at the left side of the path Domarus, Keres and he were taking, at stored it instantly into the inventory.

Spoiler

ID# 70226 results:

Loot: 18

Materials: 2 + 1 = 3

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

Aereth was close to the true definition of true power itself.  Popularity as well as raw power.  To have a small army of followers, a very good reputation, and the power to do whatever he wished.  Power took you anywhere, in this world or the real one.  Aereth didn't understand this of course, not fully, not truly...  But perhaps, in time, he would come to see the truth.  And if or when he did, Domarus would lead him to further glory.  Who knows?  Maybe he would find someone in this God forsaken world who could become his apprentice, take his mantle and continue the legacy of truth.  Not in this world though, no.  In this world there was no escape from others.  In the real world however, you could easily escape.  In this world a player with the right mod could track you down anywhere.  There would be no place for you to hide. If you had the power however, there would be no reason to hide.

"Yeah.  Hey, maybe we could help each other get a unique.  It helps if you're partnered with someone right?"  When the player mentioned that he'd keep their trace Domarus nodded.  As they walked Domarus figured they could keep up a conversation.  Before he could ask one however Keres spoke up.

"Would you mind answering a personal question Aereth?"  To this Domarus looked at Keres with a bit of surprise.  Not only because he wasn't sure this was the right time to do so but also because she had been so silent for the longest time.  

"You don't have to answer of course.  I know we haven't had the chance to get to know each other that well but...  If you're willing to answer..."

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

The thing was, Aereth understood the true definition of power itself very well, but he simply didn't care for it. His goals and plans differed widely from Domarus own ones. For Aereth to reach his goal, he would just need the power to cut down anybody who deserved it to be cut down. And to do exactly this, you just needed the necessary strength and the skill to do it.

"Yeah, if you manage to get a rumor quest before me, I'll gladly assist you."  He laughed and continued to follow the two familiars, so that they did not loose them.

Then out of nowhere Keres asked Aereth if he would mind if she asked him a personal question. Now even Domarus looked surprised at the sudden question of his ever so silent maid. "Aaaahm... Depends on the question I guess, but ask away." He wasn't quite sure how to handle this situation. But at least it seemed that also Domarus had no idea to what Keres was up.

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth