{PP-F9-NK} The Power of the Flames -Aereth and Myself- <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Keres sped up so that she was in front of Aereth and stopped dead still.  When the group stopped moving she spoke up.

"I'd like to know what your reason for fighting is.  I made a guess but I'd like to hear it from you.  Why do you seek to get stronger Aereth?  And don't tell me to get people out of this game, don't give me bull s**t.  Who is it your fighting for and why?"  The sudden change in her approach shocked Domarus, but he noted how she didn't look angry or frustrated in any way.  She just made it clear she wanted to know the why behind it, and she made it clear that it would be better to tell her the truth rather than her find out on her own.  Keres seemed good with emotions and Domarus was proud of her.  Outwardly of course he looked to Aereth with concern as if he wasn't sure this was the best thing nor time for her to ask something like that.  Keres of course kept a steady and, surprisingly comforting and encouraging gaze as she awaited his reply.  It wasn't often, but there were times Keres could make an incredible impact.  While he waited Domarus decided to scan the perimeter for anything he could use as a material but as he looked he found nothing.

ID#  70233  LD:  7+6=13

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suddenly Keres sped up her pace to get ahead a little and stopped dean on. After that she dropped the question that she was so eager to know. The real reason why Aereth was training so hard to get stronger. Who he was fighting for. And this time without any bullsh*t. Aereth looked at Domarus shocked expression. He knew that even he hadn't expected such a rather brave question. Aereth chuckled and met her gaze. He looked deep into her eyes and said to her. "I'm fine with cutting the bullsh*t. I'll tell you the reason and the who under two conditions. First, I want to hear your guess, and second, I also wanna hear the reason why you" now looking at Domarus then looking back in Keres eyes. " long to get stronger, what your reason ist to fight. After that I'll tell you my reasoning and who I'm fighting for." He wasn't sure if they would agree with his conditions, but if they were really master and servant, then Domarus as the master had to take responsibility for the actions of his servants. And if they decided to answer, they wouldn't be able to lie to him. He would observe every action and word they spoke in order to differentiate between the truth and lies.

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

When Aereth demanded they tell him why they grew stronger, the real reason she was close to biting her lower lip when Domarus cleared his throat, gaining both of their attention and keeping her reaction hidden.

"There are only two reasons I train and seek to get stronger my friend," Domarus said with a very blank look.  It wasn't hard considering what he was about to tell the player.

"The first is the generic reason:  I want to get everyone out of this hellhole as soon as possible.  These people came seeking entertainment and what they received was a trap, something that ensnared them and they can't escape from.  It's turned good people into monsters, the weak fall apart.  I can't stand the sight of it."  The first half was true.  Domarus wanted to get out of this game and back to his successful plans in the real world.  However while he was here he figured he could do it all again.  Keep his skills from getting rusty.  The second half was also true just not for the same reason.  He couldn't stand the sight of someone weak falling apart because it was too pitiful.

"However the second reason I'm fighting is probably the more motivational one.  Esther.  You want to know more?  Here it is.  The player she was taken from is using a potion to brainwash her and turned her into his own personal pet.  Last I saw them he used her as a footstool.  He was the player who gave Esther the stripping potion.  Not only that but Esther was also beaten up by a player named Lycan, who will also find himself in a nightmare once the other player has been dealt with."  Domarus opened his menu with lightning fast speed and pulled out the vial Mari made.  That powerful, dangerous vial that he had shown no one and displayed it before Aereth.

"This, my friend, is what awaits the player.  This is why I won't kill him.  This potion removes the pain dampeners from the victim.  Once I locate him I will recruit help for taking him down.  Once that's happened I feed him the potion.  And he lives a short, yet very long, living waking nightmare.  I will ensure he and all his friends, will never EVER, dare to touch my servants, my allies, or my friends so long as they live.  Even they can't be stupid enough to make an attempt after what they will witness.  Mark my words Aereth.  My wrath is not something you wish to see."  There was no point in hiding any of this information.  If Aereth truly wanted to help he might as well know what Domarus' plans were.  Domarus backed up and nodded to Keres for her to go ahead and guess.  Despite his approach with the truth, she was unfazed and simply bowed slightly to Domarus and turned to Aereth.  She trusted Domarus with all her heart.

"You want me to guess?  Very well.  I think there's someone in this virtual world you're after too.  Might be your girlfriend and it might not, but someone you care about is also in peril."

@Aereth

Aereth gestured to a smaller rock formation so that they wouldn't had to have to stand the whole time. It really seemed that he hit the maid hard with his conditions. She tried her hardest to stay calm and collected but eyes never lie. Then Domarus cleared his throat and got the attention of both of them. 

He told Aereth everything. That his first goal was to get everyone out of this hellhole as soon as possible. And the second goal that gave him the motivation, the drive, the fire. It was what Aereth suspected. He mentioned the girl back on the evening when they were drinking but he didn't assume that it would be that bad. As he told his story to Aereth, Aereth was able to read many emotions. Hate, a glimpse of despair but most of all, resolve. He knew what he wanted to do. He had a plan. And this was what made him a force to be reckoned with. Aereth just sat on his stone in silence and listened to every word, looked out for every emotion he could find in his redheaded companions face. After a few seconds of silence to gather his thoughts Aereth decided to speak again. "I'm really sorry my friend. It seems like you also lost something very important. But you have a plan, and you have the necessary resolve. I truly belief that you can save her. I really do. I offered you my help multiple times on that cause so I won't do it again you already know how to call me. And even though I don't fully agree with your choice of punishment, I won't say anything against it. It's your affair and it's your choice how you handle it." It was true, Aereth didn't like the the idea of removing the pain dampers to torture him. He for himself wouldn't play with this dic*head. He would just kill the goddamned bastard with his helpers, and be done with it.

After he finished, Aereth turned to Keres to see how near or far away she was from the truth with her guess. She was close, but at the same time very far away from the truth. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes. They fulfilled their part of the deal, now it was Aereths turn. He remembered the night in the bar as Domarus asked him about the friend he joined the game with. Then he opened his eyes. They were blank of every emotion or expression. He looked so deep into Keres eyes, so that he could almost see her soul. She wanted to cut the bullsh*t? If she wanted to know the truth she would get it. "To start things off, the first reason is the same as yours. Ending the game, get back to family and girlfriend bla bla bla. But what really gives me the drive to stand up every day in the morning to train and workout, the reason why I want to become a master scout is a whole different one. I must say you were pretty good with your guess. Yes, I am after some guys. But the rest of your guess wrong. Back then in the bar you were right. I wasn't starting this nightmare alone. I started it with my best friend. He was almost like a brother to me. In here we were together all the time, grinding, eating, drinking, and oh baby and we drank much, everything. But one day when we were out leveling together, we were ambushed by some hooded orange players. The killed him before my eyes and left me alive just to watch them killing my friend. On this day I lost everything I had in this game. We were so stupid. We didn't even notice their orange cursors. May be the reason why I'm so suspicious today... And I wasn't even able to see one of their faces. But I was able to see one thing. A tattoo with a coffin on it. Later I found out that these guys belonged to the well known PK guild Laughing Coffin. Either way, on that one day I swore something. First I will get out of here alive, for my girlfriend, my parents, but over all for my friend Adrian. And second, I will get the strength, and skills to track down and kill every red player I meet that deserves to die. And you don't even have to say that this is an unrealistic goal. I know that. But I want to make this a better place. I know that I can't protect everyone, but if I can prevent even some deaths by purging this godforsaken place it will be worth it." He knew that Domarus would judge him for this answer but Aereth did not care he had a goal and he would go for it. And nobody would be able to stop him.

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

When the player responded he seemed rather calm about it which not only surprised Domarus but made him very much interested.  Was this player truly worthy of becoming a follower of his own?  Was this player truly capable of following him?  He certainly showed a lot of great potential.  However only time would tell.  The player was silent for a moment before he gave his answer.  Domarus was impressed, satisfied, and yet at the exact same time disappointed.  The player had failed to understand the true purpose for torturing the player rather than killing him.  So Domarus shook his head.

"You don't seem to understand why I refuse to kill the player.  There are three reasons involved and I shall sort them from least important to most important.  The first is that killing them isn't going to get rid of your hate.  You need to release it slowly, let it all out so that there's no hate left.  Only disgust.  Otherwise the hatred will consume your very soul.  The second is that if you kill the player killers, they will be replaced and possibly stronger than before, and they will hunt you down.  If you give them pain they won't forget then they will be much more reluctant to try anything.  And finally if you kill players word gets out fast.  And whether they were player killers or not you're reputation will drop fast.  When it comes to removing a threat permanently, pain and fear are your best routes.  Otherwise you'll be killing nonstop throughout this world and the real one."  He fell silent as he listened to Aereth's story.  When he finished Domarus was silent for a moment.  Keres watched Aereth and was pleased to see something in his eyes.  Rage.  Hateful wrath that could not be extinguished.  Domarus tapped the rock for a moment or two, thinking and putting his thoughts together.  Outwardly his face revealed something Aereth had not seen before:  Calculations, thinking through ideas.  This was his plotting, planning face.  This was what he appeared to others when he was thinking very carefully over a situation.  He waved a hand gesture to Keres and she began to open her menu to pull out three waters.  As she handed the two to the other players first Domarus spoke, taking his cup and taking a sip.

"The laughing coffin.  The largest pking guild in Aincrad, filled with the most insane of killers.  Masters of stealth, none of them go hunting without being a higher level, and are very select in their recruitment...  This is the guild you wish to see fall?  If so you will ultimately fail......  Without my help that is."  Domarus turned to Aereth with a straight and blank face.  

"You want revenge?  You want pkers dead?  There's one way to kill off the laughing coffin and only one proper way to get revenge.  So let's start with the laughing coffin.  You can't do it.  Not alone and not even with a few strong players by your side.  You need to do three things in order to make them fall.  One will be to either have them turn on each other, get a double agent, or both.  If they are weakened from the inside out, then they will be easier to bring down.  The second thing you need to do is keep an eye on all the players you encounter, and seek out the stronger ones.  Find out who's fit for battle, find out their personality and history.  Discover who will be willing to help your endeavors and who would be reluctant or flat out denying.  Then the third step:  Show everyone in private a solid reason for them to seek out and destroy the laughing coffin.  In other words:  Start a war.  A battle between not only players and player killers, but also between morals.  If you don't give everyone a solid reason that everyone agrees is reason enough to kill them off, then you can be seen as a villain, and even then you might be seen as such by a few individuals, but you will have reduced that greatly.  As for revenge, after the guild is killed off think about what I said about infecting pain to keep them from harming others you care about."  With that Domarus fell silent and waited for his response.  Keres was quite surprised that he would give this player his own personal deduction on the situation but realized that this only meant he wanted to see how the player responded.  In the meantime she scanned the rock and spotted a deep purple jewel and pulled it out, inserting it into her inventory for Domarus to use later.

ID#  70264  LD:  18+5

+1 MAT

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

It looked like the two of them had two different approaches to the same topic. While Domarus explained how the hate has to be released slowly in order to get rid of your hate until nothing else than disgust stays, Aereth shook his head. The second part may be true partially. Yes they may be starting to hunt him down as he cuts his way through the PKers, and that the killed weaker ones would be replaced by stronger ones and so on. But he was failing to see that if he tortured them it would lead to the same result. And Aereth would explain it to him. Then the last part. Reputation. He said it himself. Rumors spread quickly and reputation can also drop even faster. And didn't he think that if he tortured his victims until they break mentally, that he would be declared as a monster in no time? Still shaking his head Aereth decided to answer.

"I understand your reasons for not killing the players. But let me tell you how I see this whole thing. I for my part have arranged myself to live with this hate a long time ago. And the thing is, if you have complete control over your hate, you can use it to push harder and harder. You can also use your bad hate to do good things for the others. And what do you gain from transforming your whole hate into disgust. For me it would suck to live with disgust just as much as it does to live with hate." a short pause.

"Next part, do you really think that if you only torture them until they break that the would really be scared? Oh no, they would hunt you just as much as they would hunt me if I killed them straight away. And the second disadvantage is that the tortured player may recover in some time after his release depending on how properly the torturing was done. This wouldn't happen if you would end his pathetic live at the first attempt. And for the third point. F*ck reputation. In this f*cking game everything is determined by numbers. If you reach a certain level gap between you and the other players why would the wolf care what the sheep think? And I for myself remove the person in question from Aincrad unlike you would. So in my calculation your reputation would drop even faster than mine if I killed him, since you would be declared as a torturing monster." he sighed.

"The only time torturing somebody is viable for me would be to gather information. But there you also have to be very careful. Because if you reach a certain point, your victim is going to tell you everything you want to hear. It is an art to differentiate between the truth and lies while interrogating someone with torture."

He then saw something in Domarus face that he wasn't showing him on purpose until now. He was thinking and calculating. It seemed Aereth drew interest from Domarus for his dark backstory. After hearing Domarus' opinion on this matter Aereth remained silent for some moments and took a sip from the water Keres handed him.

"The thing is, I don't want to only see Laughing Coffin burn... I want to see everybody that deserves it burn. And don't understand me wrong. Revenge is just the tip of the iceberg. I want to make this a safer place. And I have to say that your plan is well thought out. I agree with all of your steps. And I even thought about it to join LC when I leveled up enough to infiltrate them and to destroy them from the inside. It may be risky because they may know me but for now my only goal is to stay low, get stronger and master the scout class. Search and Detect, Sneak and Hide are my main priority. After this task is done I'll start to gather information about them. And after that I'll decide what to do. But this whole war thing is a great idea. I even may be able to convince the frontlines to help with the final blow on the LC but who knows, only time will show."

@Domarus

Domarus folded his hands as the player responded.  What he said about hate was true, though difficult to master.  Even Domarus had trouble with the amount of rage he possessed from time to time, but thanks to Keres he had a way to vent it out.  He then talked about how torture would never work.  It was understandable that the player would feel that way since he clearly hadn't tortured anyone.  Domarus however had beaten and harmed many people in the real world into submission.  His first victims were the bullies.  They ended up going to the hospital after he was done with them.  When they came back did they try exacting revenge?  No.  They were too terrified of him then.  Later on in his life he was walking home with his followers when they were attacked by thugs.  They had no gun, just knives, and tried to rob them.  After disarming and immobilizing his foes he inflicted pain on them in the alleyway.  After word spread in the underground thugs had decreased on Domarus and his followers.  No.  Torture worked.  When you defeat your opponent and kill them it's too quick.  If you torture your target however, people who wish to come after you will know what will happen if they fail.  And if you're already powerful then the chances of success drop.  If you're powerful with your own followers than chances of success are nearly impossible.  He had practiced this time and time again.  But if he were to explain this to Aereth, explain why it would work, then he would lose his cover.  As he listened to Aereth talk about reputation it was clear the player had never had a bad one yet.  A bad reputation could destroy and shatter your life in a way you would never believe.  And it would particularly be bad for Domarus with his own goals.  However...  Even with the element of fear, this game was different than real life.  What the player said about torture and how it would effect him caused him to truly think.  He was certain there would be a way to keep the event known only to the darker players, but he had yet to come up with one.  When Aereth finished Domarus nodded slowly as he thought.

"You make a good point.  I'll consider this for a bit.  However there is one thing I'd like to remind you of.  Even if you are a wolf among sheep, the sheep outnumber the wolf.  If the sheep are rallied and work together, they can overcome the wolf.  Reputation is much more important than you realize my friend.  As for who you feel needs to burn I'm not really concerned.  I'm glad to hear you took my words seriously.  However there is one flaw with joining the laughing coffin as a double agent:  You may be a good liar my friend, but you were not born to lie.  Unless you perfect deception they will discover who you are.  And if you perfect lying then you might become disconnected from those you call your friends.  You need to decide if you are willing to make that sacrifice."  He was sincere when he said he was glad to hear he took his words seriously.  Laughing Coffin could be a potential problem or threat to his own rising empire.  As individual masters of slaying they might be useful as assassin's, though he doubted things would come to it, but as a guild.  As a system that worked together to commit mass murder.  That was something he could not have.

"If that day comes, and the laughing coffin is ready to fall.  If you require help in any way, just let me know."

@Aereth

Aereth knew that he couldn't change Domarus' view on torture. And that was fine. He didn't care what he did to those people. After talking with him for some time now about this topic Aereth knew, that Domarus would never harm anybody who didn't deserve it. But he was also glad that he seemed to think about what he told him about the loss of reputation that may be caused by him torturing somebody. It was clear to Aereth that he had some greater plans that he didn't tell Aereth about. But it seemed that reputation was very important for Domarus, so Aereth guessed that his plan must have had to do something with gathering people around him in order to grow in power and influence.

He then talked about how the wolves should also be aware of the sheep, because they outnumbered him. But that should not matter to him. When he reached a point where he was able to realize his plans, he would only work in the shadows, and after all, it was also to protect the sheep. "I guess you are right in this regard, but I hope that when the sheep find out what the wolf is doing, that they also understand that what he is protecting them from much greater harm. But unfortunately, most times the sheep only get scared and turn their backs to someone like this. This is also the reason why I want to master the scout class before I start anything. I want to work in the shadows. With an unknown identity. As a nobody. This also means that I will have to leave my friends and the person I hold dear behind, like you said. But this is a price I am willing to pay."

What Domarus then said made him somehow glad. He knew exactly that he wouldn't do anything like that without gaining something in return, but Aereth didn't care. "That's good to hear my friend. Thank you." he said while offering his hand for a honest handshake. Somehow he felt better after talking with somebody about his past, and he was very thankful for that.

"Oh and by the way, I think I don't have to say that, but it's really important to keep this information away from anybody else. You two were the first persons I told my story in here. In return you can be sure that I also won't talk to anybody about Esther or anything else you told me today.

@Domarus

As the player talked about sheep and wolves Domarus chuckled but said nothing.  There was much this player didn't know, but he wouldn't push his information.

"Maybe so my friend.  However I do have a question for you:  What you plan to do while in this world.  What you intend to do.  It will change you and who you are.  Do you think your girlfriend in the real world will accept these changes?  This separation isn't just in this world my friend.  Once you cling to the shadows it will never let go.  However if you ended up embracing it and need someone to help you, my doors are always open."  As he said this he was already thinking about the ups of having this player as a follower.  He'd have a scout, an informant, and quite possibly an assassin at his fingertips.  It was the perfect opportunity.  And this player was seemingly becoming more and more trusting of Domarus, which meant that he was making progress.  Hopefully this wouldn't take too long but even if it did, Domarus was a patient man.  Keres seemed to have a big impact on most of these players, but then she was also a big impact on people in the real world as well.  She knew this and thus even though she liked messing with others she chose to take a delicate approach when necessary.  When the player thanked him for his offer he nodded.  

"I will not share this information with anyone, don't worry.  And thank you for keeping that secret.  It's good to know I have someone I can, trust."  With that the two stood up and Domarus finished his beverage, handing the empty glass to Keres who stored it in her inventory.  Domarus took Aereth's glass as well.

"Now, I suppose we should check on the familiars real quick.  Where do you think they ran off to?"

OOC- I'll roll for the familiars on my next post

ID#  70294  LD:  7+5

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

Domarus talked about how his action inside of SAO would change his personality. Not only inside of SAO but also back in the real world, and if his girlfriend would be able to accept this changes. "To be honest with you... I don't know. I really don't. Maybe she can accept it, or maybe she won't. Of course I wish that she will accept the decisions I make in here, and I'm sure she will understand my reasoning, only the future will tell. But I made a promise back when my friend died. That I will never let something like this happen again, if I'm able to prevent something like this. And if this means that I have to embrace the shadows, so be it. I will embrace them and never let them go until this nightmare ends. No regrets..." He said to Domarus and finished his bottle of water. And he knew that the shadows wouldn't let him go even if he wanted to leave them again, but it was a price he was willing to pay.  "Thanks, maybe I will, when the time has come..." It seemed like Aereth had found his first ally for a part of his plan. It looked like the Laughing Coffin was a common enemy of both of them.

Nodding at Domaru's reassuring words that he won't tell anybody about it, all of them stood up again. While preparing to continue the search Domarus asked Aereth if he could tell where the potential familiars went. "They just continued to walk the way we took before the break, and are resting a little bit ahead of us. If you look closely you are able to see them from here."

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

As Aereth talked about how he had no idea whether she'd accept him or not, as well as how he was willing to pay the price for embracing the shadows, Domarus smiled inwardly, more and more.  This player was willing and planning on delving deep into the darkness.  If he wanted to do so he would need a guide.  Domarus needed to be that guide.  If he was, then the player would have a connection with him not just as a friend, but as a mentor as well.  He could not let any other player take this role.  He needed to keep his interactions with this player well.  Domarus nodded slowly.

"Very well.  If you're willing to embrace the darkness like that for the sake of others then perhaps I could help you with that.  It's one thing to let it consume you, and another to embrace and control it.  When the time comes and you need to vanish, my door is open for you.  You can vanish for a month or two while I teach you things nobody else can.  No charge."  When the player mentioned that the familiar's were probably just resting up ahead Domarus nodded and the two made their way over.  As they spotted the two familiars the metallic, fiery creatures narrowed their eyes.  The dragon roared and took off while the snake hissed and fled close behind the dragon.  Domarus rushed after them, trying to keep up, but the two figures were much faster than he.  He slowed himself to a stop and turned to Aereth.

"My apologies.  It appears we'll need to continue hunting them until they give up and fight."

ID#  70296  LD:  6+6=12

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

At this point of time Aereth didn't realize what he had awakened inside of Domarus, and only time would tell if he ever would. But for now he just nodded at his redhead companion and his maid and continued with the search for his familiar. "Hehe, yeah thanks, I will consider it when the time comes. But at first I have to master my Scout class before I can do anything..." he chuckled bitterly at Domarus. Until that day was come he had much training and learning to do. But he was looking forward to the time where he would be strong enough to fulfill his ambitions. And he was sure that this day would come sooner or later.

Then as they were catching up with the familiars, Domarus tried to catch them, but was unable to do so. As Aereth and Keres reached him, he told Domarus. "No hard feelings man. We will get one of them for sure in some time."

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

To Aereth's mention of being trained as a scout Domarus nodded.  Yes, if he could make the player willing, Aereth could become Domarus' personal scout general.  If he reached that point he would be within his tight ring of his most trusted and faithful followers, each who knew his grand scheme and were very much willing to help him achieve it, whether for his personal goal or their own, or possibly both.  Either way Aereth had the potential, and was now on his list.  As well as Arc.  Speaking of which, he would need to get in touch with him again.

"Yeah, you do that my friend.  Become the greatest scout there ever was."  When the familiars got away Aereth attempted to comfort Domarus but he wasn't discouraged.  He was a patient man and was wondering if Aereth was as well.  Keres was very excited for Domarus to get his familiar, especially when she knew what it was.  She hoped she might be able to get one.  Domarus nodded.

"I'm not worried.  I'll hunt these two as long as it takes.  I can go a few days without sleep if need be.  How about you?  How far will you be willing to go for a familiar my friend?  Speaking of which, do you want to get a familiar at some point?  Or do you think getting one will hinder your stealth abilities?"  In truth Domarus wasn't aware of all the enhancements a familiar gave, nor if they could mess anything the player was intending up.  Of course he'd need to do even more research so that if a player came with a familiar enhanced with a boost unfamiliar to him he would be ready.  Right now he only knew of damage, mitigation and accuracy enhancements.  Damage was what he was after, so that was what he would seek in his familiars.

ID#  70307  LD:  3+5

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

Aereth nodded at Doamrus' encouraging words. Maybe he would be working together with im in the future who knows, but as for now, he would only concentrate on his scout training, and on his combat training. The first two things he needed were the <<Survival Skill>> and the <<Material Arts>> skill. These two skills were obtainable through extra quests, and he was sure that he would get the two skills in the near future. With his regular skill points he would now level his S&D skill to level three, then max out damage followed by maxing out S&D and after that he would go for the Sneak & Hide skill.

Then Domarus wanted to know how long Aereth would help him with his search for his familiar, as well as if he wanted to get one for himself in the future. "Same here. I said that I will assist you with your search. And this means until you found your desired familiar. And I don't really know what kind of familiar I will be going for. Maybe a wolf or something like that. And it would need either an evasion or an accuracy enhancement." Aereth also didn't quite know what kind of enhancements were available for familiars, but if he really wanted to get one he would talk with Itzal about it since he used to have one in the past.

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

Domarus watched Aereth nod and think for a little to himself.  He himself wondered what all the mechanics involving scouts were.  When Aereth became his follower he'd have to remind the player to inform him on every detail.  The player confirmed that he would be with Domarus no matter how long it took to get the familiar, which pleased Domarus.  Even if it wasn't to Domarus himself, but the promise made to Domarus, the player was extremely loyal and would prove to be an excellent follower.  Perhaps his best if manipulated right.  In fact, with his already willing to plunge into the darkness there was a chance he didn't have to do that much manipulating in the first place.  Domarus listened as he described what familiar he wanted to get and looked at him curiously.

"Interesting.  So you wish to have a common mob as your ally?  May I ask why a wolf specifically?"  He wondered if the player liked dogs, or had a dog in the real world and wanted that familiarity.  Domarus had no pets so he was interested in how this familiar relationship would turn out.  Keres seemed a bit eager to find his familiar too.  He began to wonder the exact reason for this.  If it was to please him, to help him find the familiar faster, or simply for her own pleasure.  Unfortunately for Keres she didn't spot anything at this time.  Her eyes did not cease scanning the rock covered path however and she kept her ears open to the two's conversation.  If she got bored enough she might actually try to insert her usual mischief and embarrass the player Aereth.  Either that or try to convince him to get a servant at some point.  Now that they knew his secret, it would be easier for her to determine the best solution, and Domarus could vouch for her as well as encourage Aereth.

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

Domarus asked Aereth, why he wanted a common mob as his familiar. Aereth sighed and answered. "As far as I know, it does not matter which familiar you get. And I choose a common mob wolf because on the lower level floors where wolves are spawning, I could disguise it as a simple mob and use this as a distraction, if I wanted to attack somebody. Other than that, yeah I like dogs, and I prefer having a wolf over having a boar." Aereth had to chuckle about his last sentence. How f*cked up would it look if he would be wandering around with a f*cking boar. Bot the other reason was true. He did however not know how to use a familiar the right way, but when he would finally get one for himself he would get into that matter.

"How about you? Why do you want a familiar which is related to fire? Just for the style? Or is there also a reason behind it?" He asked him.

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

"Hmm.  While it is true that your idea will work for the first few floors, the higher floors don't all have wolves, in fact many of the higher ones do not.  For example, this floor is completely void of wolves.  So that tactic would be mainly effective in the first three or four floors, unless we unlock another floor with wolves."  While Domarus thought the idea in general was a good one, to blend in with your surroundings, it would be near pointless with a familiar since you'd have to change their appearance every few floors to keep blending in.  Either way however the familiar needed to be good at stealth otherwise there was no reason to get one.  When the player asked why he wanted to get a familiar related to fire Domarus chuckled.

"First of all, fire can be a powerful force, and thus the symbolism.  Second, in battle if you saw one of those metallic and incinerated familiar's charging you, would you be at least a little shocked or scared?  Intimidation is a powerful factor in combat my friend.  As far as the third reason goes, Esther was a strange girl.  She said I smelled like a bonfire and a hint of cinnamon.  Not sure why that's a reason but it did come to mind when I started my search."  As the two talked Keres continued to search for materials for her master.  She was listening of course and wondered what sort of familiar she'd want if she spotted one.  In truth she wished she could have a sexy atronach as a familiar but she didn't think they would exist, let alone be a proper size in this world.  She gave out a sigh.  

ID#  70367  LD:  2

Edited by Domarus

Domarus pretty much exactly repeated what Aereth told him before. He knew that this tactic would only work on the first floors, but that didn't matter, because most PK attempts would be made on these floors. At least he would do something like this if he was a crazy PKer that only wants to kill for his crazy joy... "Yeah, I know that, but I figured it would at least work on the first few floors, so I got that going for me."

Then Domarus explained to him why he wanted a familiar related to fire. Symbolism and for intimidating his opponents. Intimidation.... But of course only the players who threatened his friends, followers, etc. Sure. He chuckled and replied to him. "That also are some good reasons to find out what familiar would be the best. You are right. The last reason is indeed strange. But who truly understands women? No offense Keres. It's just my experience of six years relationship with my girlfriend talking right now." Then an idea came into his head. Maybe there was more between this Esther girl and Domarus... Even if both of them didn't know it right now. Somehow the two of them shared a deeper connection than just friends... Dismissing his thoughts and saving them for later Aereth spoke to Keres. "How about you? Do you also want to get a familiar? Maybe one that can help you searching for materials? If something like this exists."

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

Domarus gave a simple nod to the player's statement.  He doubted a familiar would help him in any case whatsoever, but he did not press his point further.  The player had a right to do whatever he wished, though Domarus felt a small and silent familiar would have been much better.  Wolves were quiet yes, but not silent.  When Aereth talked about how strange women were and told Keres no offense she smirked at him mischievously.

"Oh no offense at all, in fact I'm surprised your still sane right now."  She chuckled before continuing her search.  Domarus himself shrugged.  

"While women think a little more complex than we do, they still have patterns that can be read.  It just takes practice is all.  Of course there always and forever will be, those few individuals both men and women who are just so different from the rest that they are completely unpredictable.  At that point you just have to be flexible and adaptable.  Or learn their own personal thought patterns."  Keres continued searching when Aereth asked if she herself wanted a familiar and she was a bit surprised but looked to him.  

"Well, I was actually thinking about that.  However I'm not as worried about getting a familiar as Domarus since he's my master.  I'd take a familiar with or without enhancements, but I'd prefer something a little more...  To my tastes."  She wondered if it was time to talk about him getting a maid now.  Keres spotted a large dark purple gem in the ground and once again crouched down, digging through the rocks until she pulled it out and smiled, deciding there was no reason not to.

"So is the reason you don't want a maid because you'll be living in the shadows?"  To her comment Domarus cocked an eyebrow and turned to Aereth, interested in this conversation she had just started.

ID#  70379  LD:  19+5

+1 MAT

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

Aereth chuckled at Keres comment about how he was able to stay sane right now. After the mental breakdown he went through after Adrians death, something like a relationship seemed like nothing at all for him. To have a working relationship is a lot of work, of course, and it's sometimes nerve-wracking, but in comparison to what he experienced in here it was nothing. Aereth even wondered sometimes how he was able to get his whole sh*t together again, and if he truly was sane at all after this incident. But it didn't matter right now. He had a goal and he would reach it at all costs. "Haha, thanks Keres, but it wasn't that bad."

After that Domarus talked about how it was just reading patterns and practice to understand both women and man. "There might be truth in your statement, but if you find somebody on the same level as you are, things tend to get more and more unpredictable. It's always easy to read simple people. Just observing and remembering. But when you find somebody who is really on the same level in speaking, thinking understanding, or other areas, you'll always have a hard time to predict these persons." And this applied to Aereth's girlfriend. He would even say that she was on a much higher level than him in some of this points. But that were some of many reasons why he loved her so much. Aereth would never take anything that wasn't at least on the same level than him.

After that Keres said how she would also like something like a familiar, but she'd prefer something more to her tastes. He knew that he would regret his following question but it was just to tempting. "And that would be?" he asked her with a mischievous grin.

Then she brought up a topic to which even Domarus had cock an eyebrow. "No it's not only that. After my experiences in the past, I much more enjoy living alone. And if I'm really going to do something like starting a war with all the PKers, something like a maid would only make me vulnerable. And I can't afford to be that." There was no reason to hide the truth from both of them now. They knew about his backstory and about his plans for the future, so it didn't matter if they also got to know why he preferred to work alone when it wasn't necessary to party up with others.

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth