[PP-F10] Payback...... Oh, and introducing newcomers <Itzal, Hikoru, Sey>

It was finally time.  Itzal had been waiting for this for a long time.  Originally he was going to do this alone, but with Sey volunteering to help it just made this all the better.  The plan was simple:  They would be walking through the floors and towns until Itzal spotted Hikoru, which was GOING to happen.  Even without night vision there was nearly no chance for him to flunk this.  The darkness on this floor only gave Hikoru a very very very tiny percentage chance to remain hidden, but such a chance, even if it happened, wouldn't last long.  When he discovered Hikoru in the shadows, he'd whisper it to Sey, who would then turn to look at Hikoru directly in the eyes and make it clear he knew where the player was, making it seem that the noob had spotted him.  Hikoru would probably figure out that it was Itzal who spotted Hikoru, or maybe not, but his reaction would be priceless, even though he wouldn't allow them to actually see it he could imagine it perfectly.  And so there they were, walking in the darkness, and just having a normal chat while he scanned the area around him.

@Sey @Hikoru

The goal in this case was to meet another of the Paladins. If Jonathan was correct, that would make this one that third of them. And he was to be found by Hikoru based on what the snow-haired player was told. Itzal however would believe that it is the other way around, with a little bit of an assistance. Considering the amount of darkness that was wrapped around both of their bodies, lingering doubt was an element that was around them. However, Sey had been told to just act natural and keep up with the conversation, like nothing was going to happen in the first place. His violet eyes would dilate a little bit to adjust to the darkness, though the lack of night vision made it rather difficult to see through. His only hope was in the one player right beside him. And as reluctant as he was about it, he kept his weapon sheathed from the scene to make things look natural. The last thing that he needed was to start a fight with a DPS player, that was practically asking for death right there. Again though, Itzal did say that he would be safe... So hopefully that would be the case.

@Itzal @Hikoru

Hikoru breathed as he soon appeared on the 10th floor, where he had first met Itzal. He knew the player would want revenge for what happened earlier, so we was expecting to be found, but not without a challenge. He gave a small sigh and got into a secure location in which he knew that both him and the new player he was meeting, Sey, would be. He looked around and located a small puddle, dripping from a stalactite and the stalagmite was only just forming at the bottom, slightly jutting from the small puddle. He Noticed that there was a large boulder nearby that he could hide behind, and he smiled. Equipping his ring, he moved quietly, shadow-teleporting in and out of the rocks until he was at the area he was looking at, and soon he felt the cloak activate around him because of the puddle of water nearby. He smiled as he knew he would be much harder to spot now, but he wouldn't be surprised if Itzal found him at his level now. He just breathed quietly and waited for the two to appear and to finally meet the new player that planned on joining his guild, the Celestial Ascendants.

Ring+Cloak+Rank 4 Sneak and Hide+Large Boulder+ Darkness of Floor 10= 24+ Roll on the LD to be found

ID#  71961  LD:  3+16 (rank 5 S&D, reveal, detect, twilight cloak) = 19.  Hik's stealth negated for Itzal.  stealth:  10 - LD:  19

Itzal spotted Hikoru almost immediately.  His detect let him know someone was in the vicinity and reveal cut through all rocks and the camouflage Hikoru's cloak provided.  That's right.  They all got a cloak from the Rovian wars quest and Beat gave his to Hikoru.  Either way it was useless against Itzal.  However, if he had the cloak on...  There was no chance Sey would see him, let alone see his eyes.  Realizing that that cloak ruined the plan he gave a very soft sigh and whispered to Sey, "Dang it.  He's got a cloak so there's no chance you will see him and he knows it.  I'll just call him out alright?"  Itzal turned to Hikoru and waved to him as if he were used to seeing him there in the darkness.  "Hey Hik. Want to join us for a walk?  Sey here was interested in meeting the paladins before joining the guild."

@Sey @Hikoru

Edited by Itzal

Well, that was all it took for the plan to be destroyed. So instead, they had to invite him over, or Itzal at least. Now Sey was really glad that he did not come in armed with a spear, that would have looked very unfortunate on his end. Itzal seemed to do all of the explaining, there was nothing clever that he thought of at the moment that he could say. "Hey there! Wherever you are." The snow-haired player would greet with a calm half-smile, doing his best not to give off anything that would make a DPS player attack. Even if this was a safe zone, hits still could hurt in the game. And a DPS probably came in armed with a lot more than one can expect when it came to force. If Sey thought he had a decent amount of damage now, he would probably do much better when he dedicated his build to damage only. On the plus side, at least he didn't have to worry about anything, startling a player was perhaps one of the worst ideas to do in a game where killing was not as punished as it was in the real world.

@Itzal @Hikoru

Hikoru knew that Itzal saw him as soon as he had hid, and he expected it. He couldn't see the two players that he was expecting, but he knew that they were there, and that one of them could see him. He gave a small breath and came down, appearing from the shadows from the wall next to them. He pulled down his cloak to reveal his steel-cold eyes from underneath it. He needed to set an impression to the youth, so he had put on his business-mode on and was prepared to scare this kid if need be. He wanted to see this kid grow, but he knew that he needed to be hard on some people, and he decided that he would test this one. He gave a nod to Itzal and did his best to not smile

"Good job, it seems you've grown into your role as Scout Paladin." He said, then waited a moment "But you still have some ways to go." He said, and gave Itzal a small wink of approval, hoping that he would get the message of what he was doing. He looked at the young man and looked at him, leaning and looking into his eyes, studying him. For a few moments, he was silent, then he stood and looked at him, his arms dissapearing into his cloak "What is your build." He asked, not even asking just saying it flatly

Itzal watched Hikoru approach with that face and he gave a silent sigh which Sey could not see.  Here we go again he thought to himself.  When Hikrou nodded to Itzal, he gave his fellow paladin a look that said 'just don't go to far this time ok?'  He didn't want a new player with such promise to be terrified of one of the paladins.  There was no point to it.  Respect maybe, but not terrified.  He watched how Hikoru went about it and he really was worried that Hikoru would terrify the crap out of Sey.  He already seemed nervous and now here he was.  Itzal didn't interact or touch his weapon.  He stood there like this was normal and that there was absolutely nothing to worry about.  That way if Sey saw him he would see no worry or nervousness on his face, posture or actions.   Keeping calm was a great way to keep negative emotions from arising, though it wasn't always effective.  Hopefully it would have some influence.  He'd need to talk with Hikoru about his approach though.

@Sey

The Paladin introduced to him would take a rather... Interesting approach. Sudden moving too close for comfort, starting directly into his eyes. The snow-haired player would move back a little bit, averting his eyes to the right side to avoid eye contact. Such a look was not what he needed right now. The dead silence was choking him as of right now. How convenient for him to be looking at Itzal right at that moment. If the Scout were to notice this, he'd meet Sey's own Violet eyes. Those eyes would tell him, "Dude... Are you sure this is such a good idea!?" But of course, he could say nothing to him, not while this weird newcomer would stare at him so intensely. "Er..." A small reluctant "er" would emit from his lips before he was asked about what kind of build he was aiming for... Out of all the things that he could have said, like hello... THAT was what he decided to say? Perhaps social skills were not in the highest of high fields...

"Er.... I'm a balance player..." Sey would reply. His father taught him to not give any more information if someone did not ask for that. He could get heavily scolded for answering questions that were never asked in the first place. This was why he would not go further by explaining what he meant by balance. If the DPS found out what it was, then that was decent. If not, he could ask, and THAT was when he would explain. Until then, he'd keep his mouth shut, not even daring to ask anything else for the moment.

Hikoru listened as the player hesitated his words. He seemed nervous, which made him tempted to give a sly smile, but he avoided it. He gave a small sigh and listened as the young man said balanced, and he just backed up, rubbing the brink of his nose underneath his glasses, giving a small sigh and looking at Itzal after a few more moments. He looked at him and understood his look, and just sighed

"Did you seriously bring me a balanced?..." He breathed and looked at the young player once more. "Alright, What are you focusing on your build right now?" He said with a small sigh, and looked at Itzal "I'm glad he's here, don't get me wrong. But why... why did you plan for him to meet me? You know i'm okay with anyone joining correct?..." He said, and just rubbed the brink of his nose again. "Unless their DPS, or-" He looked at the boy, and looked back at him "Focusing on damage, I want to go on missions and get stronger..." He looked at the kid "No offense kid, I just want to get us all out of here, and the only way to do that is to get faster." He said with a look of trusting. He liked the kid for the most part. It took guts to be a balanced person in this game, and he liked that. 

Itzal watched as Hikoru nodded to Itzal, acknowledging that he understood and proceeded to speak to Sey again.  Itzal didn't want to interrupt but he gave Sey a reasurring nod.  Hopefully Sey would trust him and he could explain later on.  Before Sey had a chance to speak however there was a cry that echoed through the cavern.  Itzal frowned as he had never heard that sound before.  When the sound came again however he thought for a moment.  "That sounds a bit fami-"  he got no further as a purple dragon a little bit smaller than a large dog, it's horns glowing as if lightning were trapped inside them and red glowing eyes, charged right into Itzal, dragging an 'oof' from him and knocking him over.  The dragon curled up on top of him, gave a dragon purr and rubbed it's head against his face.  After recovering from the sudden entry he laughed and stroke his familiar, picking her up so he could stand.  "Well, she was chasing rabbits on the third floor but I guess she decided to tag along after all.  Sey, Hikoru, this is Velnia.  She's my familiar."  Velnia changed position and settled on Itzal's shoulder swiftly, almost faster than the eye could see.  She looked at both Sey and Hikoru.  She narrowed her eyes, wondering if they were any good.  Itzal grinned as he knew exactly what was coming.  She dashed off of his shoulder as fast as she got on and targeted Hikoru first.  The first thing she did was hover in front of him, staring into his eyes so deep it might have been as if she jumped into his mind and soul.  Then the fun part happened.  She landed on his torso then crawled all over him, legs, torso, arms, even face, before landing firmly on his shoulder, giving him a lick on the cheek.  Itzal laughed as this was how she told others she liked them.  After she did the same thing with Sey, looking into his eyes, then crawling all over him with lightning speed before sitting on him and licking his cheek.  She then returned to Itzal's shoulder, looking at them in such a curious way that might remind one of a puppy.

@Sey

The remark that the DPS gave right after his response, while not directed towards him, was still rather much of a downer. Regardless it seemed like he would be punished and scolded for his answer. But then the question of what part of the build he was aiming. "I am focusing on damage currently, so I can at least defend myself." Sey would reply simply, again going with the "Answer what you have been asked" strategy. However, the question sent towards Itzal would not be answered by the Scout. Perhaps he missed it. The snow-haired player was more than willing to help pick things up for him. "It's not his fault, I told him i wanted to see you. I come at the request of Jonathan, who wanted me to meet you all before a decision can be made about me joining." He would pause for a small moment, feeling his voice calming down a little bit as it was gradually growing more casual. "That's makes you, Itzal, and Jonathan so far. I would say I'm nearly done. As for Balance, I want to be of as much use as I can to everyone."

With this, he would suddenly flinch as the sudden arrival of the purple dragon that flew in on the scene. It was a small little familiar that seemed to belong to Itzal, and it even had a name and everything. Sey has still yet to get his, but it proved to be far more difficult of a task than he expected. "It's adorable! Glad you found yourself someone to fight alongside you." It was a nice little distraction for the moment. He felt a bit more relaxed now, seeing such a petite little thing.

@Hikoru

Hikoru listened for a moment, when he heard a screech come from somewhere. Soon a small dragon appeared on Itzal's shoulder, some sort of familiar? He wasnt sure. But soon the dragon looked at him, then tackled him, knocking him back a step and crawling all around him. At first, he saw it as a threat, but then, he got  weird sensation over his body. This feeling was... being tickled? He tried to hold it in, but soon, he laughed, harder and harder until he was on his butt and unable to catch his breath. Soon the creature stopped and came to his shoulder, licking his cheek. He gave a big wide smile and laughed out loud

"Itzal! This thing is so cute! Where did you get it oh my gosh??? She's so cute I want to pet her and hug her and-" He stopped as the creature then went to the other player Sey, and he realized that he still needed to be in his business. He coughed and put up his hood, covering his blush in the dark and stood. "I mean, very nice Itzal, is she damage? If so I'd get he levelled up if you can. Could be useful in the upcoming boss fight." He said, trying to recover the situation as best as he could. But at the moment he had realized that he had broken character, and hard. The young player would think of him as a softie, and while it was true its not what he wanted. But he would come back to that another time. Now it was just time to get to know the young boy as well as he could.

Itzal was surprised but pleased with the sudden change of Hikoru's appearance.  Itzal laughed as Hikoru had begun to laugh as well when Velnia crawled all over him.  Upon hearing Hikoru's words on her cuteness, as well as being petted her head perked up and didn't hesitate to leap back over to Hikoru, curled up on his shoulder, and gave him a look that BEGGED him to pet her.  Itzal laughed so hard at her response and shook his head before answering Hikoru's question.  "Yeah, she's a fighting familiar.  She's quite aggressive in combat but outside of it she's like a little angel.  I can't wait to show Kasier.  She met Velnia before she-"  He stopped there as this was sort of hard to explain.  Or maybe he was overthinking it?  "Well Velnia sort of died.  However I figured that since she was an npc she would respawn and she did.  She's got attack enhancements now and even though she doesn't remember me or the times we had, that just gives us time to reconnect."  He turned to Sey with a smile.  "I'd suggest getting defense after damage.  The front lines could use a tank, especially one that can actually fight back.  I'd recommend getting healer after that, and then scouting skills.  That way you can help the boss raids first, and then otherwise.  Of course, I really haven't thought about a balanced build before.  I'll need to think on how to go about that."

@Sey

A creature with the ability to come back from the dead? That was about a much as he could understand from the explanation given to him. The whole concept of a familiar is a mystery to him as of this current moment. What could it do or damage though was the thing... If Hikoru said it was able to increase the amount of damage it inflicted onto a person, then maybe he should place an investment in that sort of thing. However, he'd rather not get in the conversation about familiars, not while he was so ignorant about them. And thankfully, Itzal seemed to continue the conversation with a recommendation about what he should do about the Balance build. "That sounds like an excellent plan! I don't think I'd be fast enough to actually use evasion anyways, so I don't mind taking a few hits. I have a bit of skill points invested in battlehealing anyways, so with a bit of focus, I should be set for combat. Then I'll give back with some healing for others as well, though all of this will require quite a lot of grinding I would assume..."

@Hikoru @Itzal

ID#  72348  LD:  11+13=24  Choosing Intermediate dungeon over advanced

He listened to Sey and nodded.  "I mean, you will be taking on tank builds as well.  However there is an armor enhancement that assists you in evasion, like my armor, which makes you harder to hit.  Battlehealing would be a good idea too.  Whenever you've got those down or you think your ready I can train you in scouting any time you'd like."  Velnia still sat on Hikoru's shoulder waiting for him to pet her, making herself look as adorable as possible.  While she did so Itzal scanned the area real quick and then paused.  He narrowed his eyes for a moment.  "Hey guy?  I think I found something."  He led the group over to the wall area, where moss vines were hanging all over it.  He tore it all away with one hand and saw a jail door cell.  Or at least, it was styled like that.  He looked at the edge of the walls for clues as to what sort of dungeon.  He nodded.  "It's an intermediate dungeon."

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

Evasion was always a tempting stat to aim for, but it would also leave him useless with mitigation. Here's how he saw it. If he got hit, it would be the evasion that was useless for that time. If it was a miss, it would be the mitigation that is left to be useless. So as a result, he would end up having some form of useless stat on him. "Thanks, though I think I'll stick with Mitigation rather than evasion. Tanks that don't get hit are rather rare. Though Battlehealing, that is definitely worth placing an investment in."  Sey explain before he would then turn his attention over towards the wall where Itzal was standing. Scratching the top of his head, he would tilt it to the side as he was now curious as to what could be there. Within a few seconds, the wall would be torn down to reveal a jail cell. "What...?" Sey would ask, now very much confused. Never in his life has he ever seen a dungeon before, this was far too foreign for him.

@Hikoru

Hikoru smiled and laughed as the creature came back to him, scratching underneath her chin and looked at the small creature with fascination. He had wished he had found a familiar like this, but he was still happy with Sutetchi. And as if the creature could read his mind, out popped Sutetchi's head from his pocket, eyeing the other familiar with some interest and coming over, smelling the dragon with intense curiosity. The familiar seemed nice, but he didn't entirely trust it. He went onto Hikoru's other shoulder and almost purred against his master's face. Hikoru just laughed and calmed down both of the familiars

"Okay okay guys calm down. There's plenty of me to share." He said with a laugh. He heard Itzal say dungeon, and he immediently went over and looked. They had found one, and he gave a small chuckle and looked at Sey with a smile "Looks like you get to watch me in action." He said with a laugh. He entered in the large room, and felt that it was big, even though he couldn't see everything. He gave a small sigh and unsheathed his dagger "Alright, you guys stay back for now, I can handle these guys for the most part." He said with a small chuckle, and awaited for the creatures to appear

Itzal nodded to Hikoru, who could probably decimate all enemies in their way anyways.  "Alright then, you solo the small fry, and we work together against the boss.  Sey, if you don't feel comfortable helping with the boss that's alright, though I think it would be good experience if you decided to watch."  With that the group made their way into the dungeon.  The hallways were lined with cells filled with either skeletons, rotting corpses, or other nasty things.  Itzal wasn't bothered by it as he'd seen this sort of stuff in horror games before.  As they traveled further down however Itzal noticed a bookcase with odd booktitles.  He pulled one out and frowned.  "Why would there be books about rituals and death?"  He closed the book and continued to lead the group further in.  finally they entered a room and Itzal stopped.  There was a demonic circle in the center with candles, and eight robed and hooded men in the circle chanting.  They were speaking latin but too fast for Itzal to process enough to keep up.  Four of them paused and turned to the newcomers, slowing down whatever they were doing, and drew daggers.  Itzal let Hikoru do what he did best.

@Sey

Enemies:  Cultists 4/8  <>  507 HP  <>  100 dmg

Edited by Itzal

The both of them wanted him to step back from the battle, and he did not blame them. He never saw a dungeon before nor did he not know of the amount of power they had. These two had much more power than he did, probably gone through a lot more as well. So he would just nod his head in silence and made sure to not get involved in the fight that was about to commence. It was unfortunate how he could not quite possibly get in the fight, not while there were so many enemies. What had Sey most interested though was Hikoru, a DPS paladin for the guild. Beat had a lot of power back in the last quest they did. So if that was someone who was not a Paladin, he was interested to see what power can be achieved.

Ooc- Mobile post.

Hikoru breathed and moved forward, hitting the cultist easily. He looked to see its health only go down a smidgeon. He knew that this would be very difficult on this own, in fact, it could possibly be impossible. He looked at Itzal and Sey, and he pointed at Itzal, giving a small smile and doing his best to keep his voice strong

"Itzal, i'm gonna have to ask." He said as he waited for the cultists to attack, watching them in the corner of his eye "I am going to put all four of these guys down to enough health for you to AoE him. I need your AoE info, how much can you get?" He asked, hoping to get a good responce. He could get all of them down to a decent amount of health, but it would take time and he could be risking his own life on this. He breathed and did his best to calm himself and waited to see what the cultists could do.

@Itzal

ID: 72434

BD: 4+3=7 Hit!

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 13x1=13x13=169 Damage to Cultist 1

Hikoru: 1035/1035 91/102 (-11)

Cultist 1: 338/507 100 DMG
Cultist 2: 507/507 100 DMG
Cultist 3: 507/507 100 DMG
Cultist 4: 507/507 100 DMG