[PP-F19] Another real challenge (5/5)(Baldur, Seul, Teayre, Kasier)

Today I was spending at my beach-house. Or rather, outside the beach-house. I was standing in the sand and swung my great violet axe. Again and again it cleaved thru the air as I discovered new ways to connect to the amount of different sword arts I had at my disposal. This was to make my head clear and get in the mood to do what I planned to do with this day. After about an hour of training, I wiped away the sweat on my forehead and sheathed my axe. As my feets steared towards Zugaikotsushima, I opened up my menu with a quick swipe in the air. While I was walking I wrote a message to four other persons. When I reached town I pressed send. My eyes fell at the warp-gate. With a faint smile I entered it and one single word left my lips. ‘’Ralberg!’’ A rainbow of colours as I warped up and in just moments, I exits a portal three floors above. I took a few moments to let it all sink in. The settlement was giving me a, strangely since I am in a death game, feeling of safety. All the gardens and fountains made me almost forget what my real reason I was here. Almost. I walked over to one of the fountains and sat down beside it. Slowly I moved my hand thru the water, watching the rings that grew across the mirror-like surface.

Edited by Zandra

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

Baldur offered Zandra a smile as she settled down not far from the teleportation plaza. He, too, had been enchanted by the strange beauty of this floor.

"There's something mesmerizing to me about this floor."

Sitting down next to the healer and brute, Baldur nodded in the direction of the gate.

"Funny I should bump into you here, since I just got your message. I've been exploring the floor slowly. I've quite enjoyed these last few floor... much better than the lower teens, wouldn't you say?"

The gaijin Samurai adjusted his sword as he sat, drawing up one of his legs onto the edge of the fountain.

"So you're ready to do one of these again, eh? I'm afriad I'm a bit low on extra consumables... I only have my raid stock, though if you have a spare uncommon or rare damage pot handy, I'd take it off your hand to use on this dungeon crawl."

This would be the Lodestar’s first time seeing the 19th floor, but rather than act like a simple tourist his mission for the day was to tag along for a dungeon run. Level fifty wasn’t too far off, but for some reason it felt like the closer he got to that milestone the harder it was becoming to actually cross it. Most of the quests he already finished and the ones that he were still incomplete he was getting around to doing slowly. Aside from those the dungeons would be his only source of leveling until the next set of floors were unlocked.

He knew he was there for business, but couldn’t help standing in awe of all the beautiful sights the nineteenth floor had to offer, especially the settlement of Ralberg. Walking around allowed him the chance to get a feel for waht the city was like. It was a shame it didn't last long though as Seul was able to stumble across his fellow players who were already assembling around one of the many fountains that littered the streets.

“Hey guys! This place is pretty cool.”

Edited by Seul

A message appeared in front of her, Teayre furrowed her brow as she read who it was from. “Zandra.” She quietly mutters to herself before looking at the other recipients of the message. “Bal.” Swallowing she made her way quickly to the nineteenth floor, the first time she had come to this floor. Settling down about an hours walk outside the settlement Teayre keeps her eyes peeled for any mobs or worse as she waits for the other members to turn up. Her fingers quick she sends a message to her instructor telling him where she was before sitting quietly her blade lay across her lap. Her feet tucked underneath her, keeping her breathing consistent the red head readies herself.

“Even if I want to hurt them, I won’t.”

Her mind flickered back to when she had given up the Muramasa. She had passed the blade to Baldur, in her insistance of him training her. The blade was to be hers once she had earnt it back, from the Azure Chevalier.

Edited by Teayre

As my hand made ring across the surface of the water, I herd footsteps from an approaching person. I looked up and saw one of the persons Ive messaged. I knew I could trust him and it would feel safer with him by my side. Since both of us was doing this, but one floor below. ‘’Heya. Yeah, it really is amazing. I didn’t thougth that there would be this kind of floor. If I knew that, I would have waited with buying the beach house.’’ I said as answer to his introduction. I listened as he continued and nodded. ‘’Yes, Im ready to face some real danger. From our last experience, I got to really feel how powerful enemies can be here. To be honest, when I was hit by that creature, I was struck by panic. I was so terrified. I know you guys was there and I wasn’t in danger actually, but for a few moments, I was so terrified.’’ I shivered by the thougth about the fight against the boss on the floor below.

Next to arrive was a young man Ive adventured with a few times before. ‘’Yeah, I think its beautiful here in the city. But the ruin is pretty awesome.’’

Then I turned to the group. ‘’So, I was thinking about taking the tanking role this time. So that’s why I invited Kasier to, so I have someone to keep my health up. As soon as she arrives, we can head out to start our search.’’

@Kasier @Teayre @Baldur @Seul

Edited by Zandra

Kasier sighed, the day was sunny and bright with weather of perfection and it was a common indication that the day was going to be just like the days before it, boring, routine, non-action packed. By this point, Kasier had already walked into Itzal's house and was awaiting for him to wake up from his slumber in a different room of the performing shop. And Kasier had begun to make breakfast for the two... Or rather lunch at this point. It was a time between the time that those two should be eaten. However, despite her lack of action, she didn't mind it as long as Itzal was with her... But then the day changed with one fateful private message. One that surprised her dearly, due to her narrow list of contacts known to her through Aincrad.

A message from Zandra. A thought that instantly popped into her mind and as she read the contents of the message, her mouth only grew wider and wider in excitement. A dungeon raid on the nineteenth floor... The highest floor in Aincrad at the moment and she was going to be on it, helping other players much higher leveled than she in an attempt at an effective dungeon raid. This was basically her debut on the front lines... And she was, frankly, anticipating yet nervous at the dangers and obstacles that awaits.

Soon enough, Kasier made her way to the nineteenth floor and found the floor quite astonishing and beautiful to rest the eyes on. It was like the combination of ruins and nature... And that was just the starting town for there was probably way more content on this floor for one to behold. Soon, Kasier made her way to the other players by looking at Zandra's location using her HUD. "Greetings, Zandra." Kasier nodded, nodding to the other players respectfully who had already arrived as soon as she stepped close to them.

@Zandra @Seul @Teayre @Baldur

Edited by Kasier

When Baldur heard the familiar chime of a message, he saw that it was from his newest kouhei, Teayre. Typing out a quick message to her, letting her know where he and Zandra were, he listened to the axe wielding healer talk about the floor and her plans. She related that she had been scared the time before, when she had lost almost half her life to the boss in a single hit.

"And to think, that wasn't even as strong as they come. Who will be out scout for this adventure? I have a small bonus and some items that can help, but even on my best I'm not sure I can find an advanced or intermediate dungeon."

Baldur waved at Seul with a smile, "It sure is. I might buy a home on this floor some day."

Nodding to Kasier as she arrived, Baldur smiled and introduced himself.

"I'm called Baldur, by the way. As you can probably guess, I'm a DPS role."

Turning his steel blue eyes back to Zandra, he continued "Teayre is waiting for us outside of the settlement and would like to join us as well, unfortunately she can't come into the safe zone."

@Teayre @Zandra @Seul @Kasier

• 2 weeks later...

Taking several long deep breaths the red head sighs quietly, as she does so a familiar ping sounds around her. Glancing at the message she reads it through before standing. Her feet kicking several layers of dust up into the air. Settling back on one foot for a moment she looks across the floor, it wasn’t too bad with the current mobs but she needed to move.

The crumbling ruins that she had rested started to shudder. The red head drew her blade skirting back out of the way, just as a large dog made up of vines came around the corner. Letting out a sigh Teayre settled into a combat stance and rushed the beast. Her blade shining bright red as her sword art activated. Legion Destroyer. Eleven strikes it dealt to the creature as the girl settled back down fending its blows off as the health bar of her foe drained to zero.

As it burst into nothingness Teayre sheathed her blade turning and began to run towards Ralberg. Opening her menu she sends a message to Baldur, letting him know that she was now just outside the settlement.

ID: 73608 BD: 14 (10 + 4 ACC) CD: 5 LD: 9 (6 + 3 LD) MD: 4

Legion Destroyer: (13 + 5 Charge + 2 Crit) * 11 = 220 DMG

Teayre: HP: 1115/1115 EN: 99/110

Vined Wolf: 0/76 

@Baldur @Zandra @Kasier @Seul

Edited by Teayre

I looked at each of the persons that I had sent my message to. All was their except the red-head. Well of course she wasn’t, it was impossible to enter the safe zone for player killers like her. But player killer or not, I had rarely talked to her, but that would change. ‘’Heya Kasier, Im glad you could come. This thing is much safer with you around.’’ I said turned to the healer. ‘’But still pretty dangerous.’’ I mumbled to myself as I started to think that I maybe had done the wrong thing when taking the role of a tank. But no, there was no turning back now. Then my focus changed to Baldur. ‘’that’s good to hear, I have wanted to meet her for quite some time by now. And about the scouting, Im have only invested in that area enough to get the dungeon mod. But maybe T have that too. But anyway, we better head out, we wont find a dungeon inside the city right?’’ I fininshed with a wink. Then I glanced at Seul that haven’t even moved since greeting us. I sighed and just hoped this wouldn’t be like the last dungeon I and he did together. Thou I ignored saying anything and headed towards the outside the safe zone, where the katananess was waiting.

@Baldur @Kasier @Teayre @Seul

Seul kept quiet for the time being, mentally preparing himself for the trip ahead. He didn't know how useful he'd be to the group as a whole, but would try to keep up nonetheless. It was just something that had to be done if he wanted to get stronger.

Shortly after he arrived girl showed up. She seemed vaguely familiar, but he wasn't able to place a name to her face. He’d just shrug off the feeling for now and follow Zandra as she walked toward the city’s exit. From the sound of things they would be setting out after meeting up with another player who would serve as the final member of the motley crew. The thought placed him a little more at ease since this would probably be one of the more challenging floors he's tackled thus far. The more players there were pitching in for fights, the higher their chances of getting out in one piece would be. Probably.

Kasier looked at the man who had introduced himself to her before smiling a serious smile. Like usual, she would introduce herself with a simple greetings. "My name is Kasier, healer of the Celestial Ascendants." It had become a routine by now. Every time that she introduced herself to someone new, she would say the same words. Maybe one of these days, she would change it up a bit, say something new for once. Then, just a moment later, Baldur claimed that Teayre was waiting outside in the settlements as the red-head wanted to join as well. Hm. This will be interesting. Kasier thought, for Teayre was someone who had been a mystery waiting to be solved since the day that they first met. Will it be safe though? Of course it will. Teayre had refused to kill me and despite the fact that she says I'm not worth killing, I refuse to believe that.

Kasier nodded at Zandra as she said that the dungeon would be safer with her around. Zandra was probably one of the only few people in this world who knows what it feels like to be a healer. Your proficiency as a healer is dependent only on that crucial moment when you are rarely needed. If you save someone's life during that time, you have done well. However, if that person dies, you are the one to blame. In all the other times, you are worthless and stands there, waiting for your time to heal. As she looked around, she realized that there was another man quietly standing around and he did, in fact, look familiar, but she was sure that he won't be of significance importance if she does not recall his name.

Edited by Kasier

Baldur stood up from where he was sitting on the fountain next to @Zandra and rested his left hand casually on the handle of his sword in a gesture that was entirely natural, as if this was where Baldur always rested that hand. The two katana at Baldur's hip seemed very different. One had a more viscous air and darker coloring, while the other seemed more ephemeral yet had a crackle of power to it. While Baldur didn't yet have the quick change mod, he often would switch between the blades as the case may call for. He also had the cursed blade in his inventory, but he had promised to only use the blade when necessary to save lives, as if that would somehow protect him from it's blood lust, but the desire was always there. He always wanted to use that most powerful blade.

"Alright, well, if we're all ready we should get this show on the road. I know Teayre has some experience scouting floors, but does anyone here have a focus on finding dungeons? I only have a few points in <<Search and Detect>> and while that's better than nothing, it's still not a huge help in being consistent."

Baldur looked around to the others, @Kasier, @Seul, and @Zandra hoping that one of them would step forward with a better strategy. He thought the only real wild card was Seul, but perhaps @Teayre had leveled up a bit and would surprise him.

As the crunching sound of footsteps echoed through the ruins in which Teayre was waiting she raised her head and saw the group she would be working with. “Zandra, Kasier, Baldur and… Someone else.” She whispered to herself, her eyes like a hawk’s trained on Seul watching him as he moved with the group. From the gait of his walk he seemed quite nervous. Pushing herself to her feet she walks to meet the group as they emerge from the safe zone. Pushing the hilt of her blade down has makes eye contact with her guildmate. “Azure Chevalier.” She states inclining her head. Turning she spots the guild symbol above Kasier’s head. “Celestial Ascendants… Good choice Kasier.” Reaching out she is about to offer Zandra a hand before she instead brings it up, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “It’s good to see you again Zandra.” A short, quick nod towards Seul, Teayre turns around and falls in line walking to the left and a step behind Baldur.

@Zandra, @Seul, @Kasier, @Baldur