[PP-F11] To be a Scout... And, DPS, Tank, Healer, Etc... <Itzal and Sey>

Itzal sat on the edge of an archway in the European styled town about ten feet up, waiting for Sey.  The player would be joining the guild soon and was shooting for a balanced build.  It was a very interesting and delicate build and he was interested to see how well it would turn out.  He definitely wanted to help Sey in any way he could.  Which is why he messaged him recently if he would like to go on a scouting trip with Itzal.  Look for materials, dungeon maps and a chest essentially.  Pretty soon Itzal intended to start up scouting missions with all the scouts in the guild.  This being one of their many guild events.  They had a public vote recently and it was decided that during guild events all items found and collected would be sent to the guild treasury to further it's efforts.  Personally, Itzal wanted players to have some amount of col and materials for them to keep but this being a public vote he could not do anything about it.  Velnia sat beside him rather bored for a while before beginning to play with the npc kids down below.  Itzal chuckled at the sight but kept his eyes sharp for the silver haired player.

@Sey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the highest floor that he had ever entered before. Risky on his life for sure, it could put him down if he were to mess up. This floor provided monsters that were above the amount of damage that he could take at a time. So why exactly was his here? Itzal messaged him to arrive on the floor, which would promise a lot of good treasures. The risks were high, but Sey never really did know how powerful the scout was. Perhaps he was underestimating? After all, a scout that can fight was not unheard of in MMO games, and he would not be surprised if the paladin just so happened to be one of them. However, he did not think that he would actually be way up, considering how most people usually liked to keep their feet on the ground, so the snow-haired player was unable to find the other player. It made for an unfortunately confusing day for him, since he was lost on the upper floors now.

@Itzal

Itzal spotted Sey quick when he teleported into the square.  It was obvious that he was one of those players who never checked up, not even once in his life.  Still, that's why he was here:  To teach him how to observe and scout.  Itzal jumped from the arch and landed, bent his knees, and rolled, reducing the fall damage to nothing.  If he were higher up then he would have damaged himself regardless of his landing, but ten feet he could reduce it.  Especially after he got the acrobatics mod.  Parkour was something he had to learn and fast in the real world to escape the bullies during his childhood and high school.  He had mastered and perfected it in SAO.  He walked over to Sey while Velnia flew towards him and nearly knocked him over before licking his face off.  Itzal laughed lightly and waved her away when he walked over, causing her to sit on Itzal's shoulder instead.  "Hey Sey, glad you could make it."

@Sey

A dynamic entrance must be an extra perk to come with being a scout, for it was quite something as his eyes would look up and above. They were locked onto him as he would land on the ground gracefully, only for his pet to nearly knock him over to the side. Velnia was such a perky one, Sey could not understand how one could be so happy. It was fine however, as long as it loved life. "Thanks, glad to be here. So enlighten me on what the plan is." He'd say as he placed his hands in his pockets. If they were going to live, they needed to have some form of game plan. After all, he himself was only level 17, meaning that this floor was not designed for him to solo. The damage of the monsters was a bit extreme for him to handle as of right now, even with the armor and the battle healing active for him to take advantage of. Still though, he was not going solo, he had someone who hopefully had a plan.

@Itzal

When Sey spoke he went straight to the point.  Itzal listened and shrugged, his hands in his trench coat's own pockets.  "Game plan is simple:  We walk around the forest and gather materials.  We're not chasing after monsters.  How I operate is gather on higher floors, and fight on the lower ones.  Makes everything a lot easier.  This floor in particular is perfect for material gathering since there's a chance to find an extra one.  While looking for materials we'll also keep an eye out for any dungeons to make maps out of as well as any chests we might find.  I haven't found one yet, but soon hopefully."  He turned to the town gates and gestured for Sey and them to proceed to them.  "I figured you might as well help me out here so that we could not only get to know one another better, but I might be able to share a thing or two about scouting.  Speaking of which:  Always assume something is there, in every direction.  If you assume nothing is wrong in the area then you've already made a dangerous mistake."  Itzal spotted some loose stones someone dropped and picked them up instinctively and inserted them in his inventory.

ID#  72566  LD:  12+8

+5 MAT

5 Total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

So they would gather the matierals up on the higher floor, since that is where they are best located. If that is the case, that meant that Itzal was referring to the rank of the materials, the second one. While he was unable to due to his shop being little in supplies, he could still collect them for now. "Sweet! I could always use a bit more of that! I opened up a shop a few days ago. Well, a restaurant more or less. But I'm still allowing it to grow, this is the perfect chance to help get the materials needed!" Sey would announce before raising a victorious right fist as he made his way over towards the gate. Itzal would continue to explain that he was there so that they could know each other a bit better. If not that, maybe he could just learn a thing or two. "I'm game for that, though I can also help you fight. While my damage output is not the best, I'm still going to make the best of what I can do. I'm not too useless anymore."

@Itzal

When Sey mentioned his opening a shop Itzal smiled with excitement for the player.  When he mentioned restaurant Velnia's head perked up.  Restaurant meant food.  Itzal chuckled and stroked Velnia to calm her down.  "I'm glad to hear that Sey!  Maybe I could get some LD foods from you sometime when you can make them.  And Velnia, nothing with caffeine from you.  Remember the coffee?"  She made a 'pfft' sound with a wave of her paw as if she either didn't remember or care.  Itzal shook his head and they resumed their walk.  When Sey talked about assisting in combat Itzal shook his head.  "Not a chance on this floor.  Here all leveled monsters deal one hundred and ten damage apiece.  No way we're taking these monsters on yet.  Especially you.  No today we'll focus on collecting as many materials as we can.  So, let's get started."  He spotted another group of stones save for that this time they were crystals.  They had reached the forest at this point.

ID#  72570  LD:  8+8=16

+4 MAT

9 Total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"I seem to not be able to provide that sort of thing yet, which is kind of sad since I'm a cook. Hopefully I will level up a bit more in my cooking skill, then maybe I can do that sort of thing. Maybe even for free!" He explained before he would be told that they were not going to be fighting, which he honestly should have expected in the first place. The enemies all inflicted a heavy amount of unnecessary amount of high damage for them, meaning they would not be able to move too far if they wanted to try. That was a job for Hikoru. "All right, sounds good to me!" He would declare before looking down, seeing a few weird looking leaves. Not only that, but he felt the need to investigate. Bending his knees to the ground, he would notice that the leaves were not just leaves, they were herbs! Plucking them from the ground, he would then notice a few holes... A few bugs probably decided to help themselves. As a result, he can't use it. "Dang it, it seemed too good to be true."

ID: 72571

LD: 12 (Rip)

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal nodded to Sey at the mention of his crafting abilities.  "Yeah, everyone starts at that stage, but you'll get more crafts over time.  Don't worry about it.  At first all I could make was attraction songs but now I can make healing and debuff songs as well.  I know that one of the items a cook can make increases your LD why the slot amount, three being the max.  With it I can increase my scouting abilities greatly."  With that he watched as Sey began to search for materials.  Close in as most players usually did.  Itzal just walked around and scanned the area for anything useful, grouped, or out of the ordinary.  As he scanned he spotted a few birds fly from a tree.  Itzal ran up the tree real quick and spotted the nest and used the reveal mod to check if any eggs were fertilized or not.  Out of the six there was only one fertilized egg and so he pulled out the other five, inserting them into his inventory.

ID#  72573  LD:  17+8

+5 MAT

14 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"So I can assume you already have some at your disposal? If not, maybe I'll try to make some of whatever food you need for the loot." He would explain. It was a hope for sure, maybe even a little bit too hopeful. After all, he was at such a low rank right now. It was not possible for him to have such high hopes. Right now, he had a problem with steamed peanuts. Steamed Peanuts. Probably one of the most basic food items in existence, and he had yet to find a good way of making them. Still though, he knew that not everything was perfect at first, and his shop was no exception to that rule either. With this known, he would try again until he got it right, and maybe then he can continue to advance. Still no materials were in sight. "This seems to be a lot harder than I thought. The herbs I found a few minutes ago were already eaten through. You sure that we can just find these things lying on the ground?"

ID: 72574

LD: 12 (Rip)

@Itzal

Itzal laughed a bit after Sey asked if he had some at his disposal and shook his head.  "I used to know a few cooks but they've either taking it easy or vanished...  Not dead, just left without telling me.  No I have absolutely no food available.  So when you become a cook, unless Kasier want's to craft again, you'll be my personal chef ok?"  He winked at him with a grin.  When Sey asked about the materials and if it was true they could be found lying on the ground Itzal nodded as he descended the tree.  "On the ground, in the ground, on and in trees, hidden in bushes and holes, anywhere and everywhere.  However not only do you have to learn how to look for them, but working on the search and detect skill increases the percentage chance for you to detect anything."  With that he scanned the area again.  However he didn't spot anything.  He shrugged.  "Though, there is that ten percent chance of failure anyways." 

ID#  72576  LD:  1+8=9

Total:  14

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Consider it done then! I'll do my best to make whatever I can! At this point, any business is better than no business at all." And then it would hit him. Who WAS Kasier? All he knew was that she was a healer and the girlfriend of Itzal. But that did not mean anything, he cold not identify her. "Oh! I need to talk to you about her! I don't know exactly what he looks like. I usually find Paladins quick, but I can't seem to find this final one. Care to describe her appearance? Or an image perhaps?" Sey would ask. It was crucial for him to find all of the Paladins, since they were all scattered. This was about the third time he met Itzal, yet he could not even find the other paladin. As a result, he would end up placing his palms in his pockets as he looked around a bit around his feet, but no other herbs were available for him. "That skill makes it look so easy."

ID: 72577

LD: 1 (...)

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal listened to Sey and nodded with a smile.  "Yeah, even with my lack of any customers at all, I'm still working.  Especially with the new debuff I can make."  When Sey asked about Kasier he was a little surprised but obliged.  "Oh, well she has blonde hair, red eyes, and while she likes to be serious, she's actually a really sweet woman."  He paused as he thought about his girlfriend.  He still didn't fully understand why she wanted to be so serious around others but not only would he learn over time, he didn't really care.  He knew who she was and that was what mattered.  He loved her more than anything.  When Sey mentioned about making it look easy Itzal turned to him.  "It's all percentage Sey.  However I believe determination, a clear and calm mind, and a sharp eye are more important than the skill, though it does help."  He spotted grouped mushrooms on the tree and picked the four, placing them in his inventory.

ID:  72599  LD:  11+8

+4 MAT

18 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Blonde, red eyes..." Sey would repeat as he would stand there, a little bit stunned before smacking his right hand against his face, tilting his head downwards. "I'll make sure to keep my eyes peeled then..." He would announce with a huge amount of regret in his tone. The reason why he felt the way he did was how he remembered being told something similar. The blonde part from one of the other two paladins, but he let it slip. Sure, he never quite saw someone like that, but honestly, how many blondes are there in this game? The only other one he had met was Ariel, but that was it. Then again, the same could be said for him, so glasshouses. "All right, I just hope the percentages will be in good favor soon. Some herbs would be nice, or a plant with bare fruit."

ID: 72601

LD: 10

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Sey mentioned that he would keep an eye out for her and he nodded with a smile.  As he continued to look he remembered Hikoru and Sey's first encounter with him.  "So what do you think of Hikoru?"  He managed not to laugh as he recalled the player's reaction to Velnia.  All that act of seriousness vanished to reveal how much he was actually nice.  With that Itzal heard Sey's comment and chuckled.  "Indeed.  It can be irritating at times.  Even with my skills there's still that ten percent chance."  With that he scanned the area for anything else he might be able to pick up and use, or sell.  He wondered if anyone wanted to buy materials at all, or if they felt they were better off getting their own.  It didn't seem very useful at the moment which really sucked.  However from what he heard about merchants...  He was no longer gathering to sell, though he wouldn't have a problem with it.  No, he was gathering for unique enhancements.  However nothing was found.  He sighed.  "And I just happened to have gotten that percentage twice.  No matter."

ID#  72612  LD:  2+8=10

18 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Oh! He seemed like a rather chill guy, though he really needs to work on his entrances. Had it been anyone else, he would have to deal with a panicking new recruit. At least you were normal when I met you." Sey would explain to him as he would look around a bit more. However, he seemed to have gotten a bit luckier over time, as he would approach another set of leaves in the dirt. Plucking the group from the ground, he would notice that these were indeed herbs from the ground, none of them pumped with bite marks. "Well whatever the percentage are, I just found one!" The snow-haired player would declare, placing the herb into his inventory before then looking to the other player. "How many materials did you find so far, if you don't mind me asking?" He was trying to find the ratio between how many Itzal can find to the amount Sey can find.

ID: 72613

LD: 17 (+1 Mat)

Total Mats: 1

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal nodded to Sey's statement, agreeing wholeheartedly.  "Yeah I agree.  Dramatic entrance.  Cool.  Serious feel?  I don't see a problem.  Mysterious aura?  Adds to the family.  But scaring others isn't the way to go about it.  I plan on talking to him at some point though so don't worry about it."  He was about to go back to gathering materials, possibly using reveal to make it easier to spot them, when Sey suddenly spoke up.  Itzal turned to see a fresh cluster of herbs in the players hands and nodded with a smile.  "Yep.  Percentage only activates when you're looking at the materials.  Not only that but it doesn't tell you that you've spotted one.  You have to realize that you're looking at them."  He continued to go about gathering, looking for materials.  He smiled when he found another four.  As he collected them he heard Sey ask how many he had and hesitated.  "You know you shouldn't compare when you haven't worked on the search and detect skill yet Sey.  What would you accomplish by knowing how much I have?"

ID#  72641  LD:  11+8

+4 MAT

22 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

Oh absolutely. Hikoru seemed like a nice guy at the end of the day, but when it comes to meeting people, the goal was to make them feel as comfortable as possible. It was a rule of thumb in any social scenario, because a stranger is not too close to those that they have just met. "Almost nailed it, but that last part will kill the deal. Surprisingly enough, not many members like to be scared when they are meeting a stranger, weird, eh?" Sey would joke around with a smile as he continued to scan the floor to see if anything. And just barely, he could see a few more weird looking leaves. Plucking them out from the ground, they were nearly about to be bitten into by an ant on it. He would flick the little bug off of the herb, saving it from becoming an awful factor for his food. He'll wash it off really well when he got back to his shop in a few hours. Itzal's reply to his question would just about give him the answer he needed. "I think I'll just stick to, "A lot." then." He would explain as he would continue to get a move on. "I have two so far! I'm getting a streak!"

ID: 72645

LD: 15 (+1 Mat)

Total Mats: 2

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal heard Sey make a joke but nodded simply, missing the joke as this sometimes happened to him.  "Yep."  He began to wonder about Hikoru and the story he told the other paladins.  About his past trauma, his mistake in the quest, the red cursor, and then finally joining the guild.  His story was truly interesting, much more interesting than Itzal's of course.  Kasier's background was interesting although not very action packed.  His was just boring and sad.  Jonathan's was interesting though.  Guess Kasier and he were the one's who lacked an interesting backstory.  He heard Sey's comment and how he had two materials.  He thought for a moment.  Two?  He remembered the days were he barely found any materials.  But when he decided to become a scout that had quickly changed...  Fast.  He thought about something.  "Hey Sey?  Have you decided which skills you want to get first?  I was interested in how you wanted to go about that balance build of yours, and who you wanted to train you."  He looked down and spotted another four bundles of herbs and stored them in his inventory.

ID#  72651  LD:  7+8=15

+4 MAT

26 MAT Total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"As of right now, I am trying to aim for a near perfect balance. I have my weapon at rank 3 already, and I'm stopping there for now.  My Battlehealing is at rank 2, and my first aid is at one. I was thinking about search and detect, but the skill points that I lack right now are stopping me. I want to at least get those four sections to rank 3 before I continue progressing them." He would explain through a long speech of words. His plan was to try to balance out the skills purposes with a good amount of ranks for each of them. It left him a bit weak since he had some other skills that were also tempting, but he needed to control himself and not try and lash out towards them so quickly. They will each have their own time. "Though I will be honest, the skill points are tough to get. I'm kind of stuck since the quests available are too high leveled for me. Mob fighting is the next best thing for me I'm afraid."

ID: 72655

LD: 9 (Nope)

Total Mats: 2

@Itzal

Edited by Sey