[PP-F11] To be a Scout... And, DPS, Tank, Healer, Etc... <Itzal and Sey>

Itzal nodded to Sey when he said that but there was something the player was missing.  "Um, as for damage I'd suggest grand mastering it.  While it may seem like a lot of firepower at first, as you rise in the levels if you don't have the ferocity mods or a damage familiar, you won't be dealing much damage.  And you can only use so many mods at a time so you might want to think about which one's you'll want to use.  Of course I might be wrong in the idea of grandmastering your weapon, but perhaps you could speak with others to get their opinion.  Like I said, balanced build hasn't been done in SAO yet."  Then Velnia flew from the trees and landed on Sey's shoulder.  She appeared to be getting something out of her teeth and Itzal was guessing it had something to do with rabbits.  When she finished she rubbed her head against Sey and Itzal chuckled.  "She wants you to pet her."  Sey mentioned the lack of quests and Itzal nodded.  "The best way is to keep active my friend.  At the point you've reached that's the only solution."  Itzal turned his gaze and thought he spotted a sparkle.  Curious, he activated his reveal mod and his eyes widened when he spotted something:  Mithril.  He had been keeping an eye out for these pearl sized shards so that one day he could have armor, and possibly a weapon forged of mithril, along with Jonathan.  He dug the item out and inserted it into his inventory swiftly, keeping it with the other mithril shards.  He also found four fruit in the trees he could use.

ID#  72680  LD:  20

+4 MAT

+1 T2 Mithril (rp sense only)

30 MAT total

1 T2 Mithril

@Sey

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think I can understand where you are coming from, and perhaps grandmastering it should be my first focus. My build is of right now can't lean far too much in the damage section. My future familiar pet is going to be dedicated towards mitigation, to make up for the shield that I lack. I'll dedicate some mods towards damage, though it wouldn't be the most damaging, I can still hold my own while taking a good amount of damage. But I'll get another opinion from the others like you have said." He explained his reasoning. As of right now, he was trying to aim mainly for attack and defense. With armor, battlehealing, and a pet, he'd have his defenses high up in the sky. For his weapon, he'd dedicate his mods towards damage infliction, probably about three of the skill mods if he has to guess. A sudden familiar purple dragon would land by him all of a sudden, nuzzling against his head adorably, in which he could not help but emit a light chuckle as he would do what Itzal told him. "She really is a happy one." He'd comment as he would place his right hand on it's head, gently patting it before continuing their topic. "Doesn't sound like a problem. I can see why many struggle to climb, but it doesn't seem impossible. And as long as that is the case, I'll keep pursuing."

ID: 72681

LD: 7 (Nope)

Total Mats: 2

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal listened to Sey talk about his plan and nodded.  He wasn't one to argue especially when it wasn't his build.  Although he was curious as to how this would turn out, and how he'd work in combat.  Velnia's eyes closed and her mouth perked upward as she gave a purr like sound as he petted her.  She rubbed herself against his hand as he did so and when he stopped she nuzzled against his head and curled up.  Itzal nodded to Sey's comment.  "Yep.  As long as you focus and don't give up you'll get to higher levels.  It can get boring at times, especially when all your doing is grinding, but it's worth it."  He smiled as he recalled all the people he met.  It was how he kept busy:  Spending time with others.  He chuckled as Velnia crawled onto Sey's torso, hoping Sey would hold her for a bit.  That dragon really wanted attention.  She cocked her head to Sey, begging for him to give it to her.  He scanned the area to see if there was a chance for any other Mithril shards but spotted nothing.

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Yeah, but what won't be boring is fighting on the frontlines. That has to be an awesome thrill. The grinding I see more as an investment if anything." Sey would explain with a smile before the dragon went down near his waist, in which he would take it gently with his left arm, placing it against his chest as the right hand would once again pat the familiar pet. "She is a very clingy one. Hyperactive, but so adorable at the same time. You seem to have the better of the familiars, I've seen other players with familiars not as dope." The snow-haired player would explain as he looked down at the purple dragon, but would continue shifting the topic conversations. He'd also continue to walk around in case there might have been more herbs on the ground. Not quite anything that can be seen with his eyes at the first moment though. "So those initiations, I assume only one of you paladins handle it? Or all of you?"

@Itzal

Itzal thought about that first statement Sey said:  The frontlines being a thrill.  "Well that depends on whether or not you believe taking an enormous risk, fighting alongside both friends and enemies (if you've made any), and facing a giant monster with high stats a thrill.  It's not very fun if you have to work with people you don't exactly like."  His thoughts moved to the commander of the knights of the blood oath:  Heathcliff.  That man had more pride than America and was rude to his own guildmembers the last time he had seen him.  He didn't like the man under any circumstances.  At Sey's comment about Velnia he laughed lightly.  "Yeah well the downside of her is that she eats everything, and I mean EVERYTHING you get your hands on."  Velnia gave off a look that reflected offended emotions.  Itzal cocked an eyebrow at her and she changed to a look that seemed to say, 'well, maybe sometimes.'  Shaking his head he heard Sey mention the word dope.  He blinked.  "Dope?"  He picked up four small crystals as he asked.

ID#  72687  LD:  8+8

+4 MAT

34 Total

1 T2 Mithril

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"I can see why that is a problem. But let's face it, some people just have to fight with others they don't like. Sometimes, you have to deal with people you don't like. But at the end of the day, there is one goal that most players are fighting for." He explained as he looked down at the dragon once again. She seemed rather comfortable within his soft grip, so that's a positive. He never had any pets as a child, so something this rare for him was more than a plus for him. "This little thing? Come on now, how much can she truly eat?" He'd ask with a clear amount of ignorance in his tone. It was such a small familiar, most things can't eat any more than their weight, and that's just for a feast. "Oh! That word means "Cool", the best analogy for it at least. It's slang I guess. I knew a lot of people in the previous world that used that sort of language. I guess it just kinda rubbed off on me." It was as true as it could get.

ID: 72688

LD: 7 (Nope)

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal nodded with an admitting sigh.  Despite how annoying and irritating Heathcliff made Itzal, they did indeed need to get all the players in Aincrad out and fast.  It wasn't even because Itzal wanted to leave because there were times he didn't.  Not often but growing more gradual.  No, he was doing it to get all those players trapped in the towns who were too scared or weak to leave.  The players who were rotting away and terrified of everything around them.  Those whom fate hasn't played nice with.  They were why he fought.  "Your right."  When Sey insisted that Velnia couldn't eat that much he stopped, stood up straight, and turned to look at him.  "You can find out yourself if you're paying."  He tried to give a sarcastic face but at the same time it might have seemed a bit serious.  He wasn't the best with social interaction.  Then he defined the word for Itzal and that it was slang.  So that explains it.  He nodded.  "Alright, no issues.  I just never heard it before is all."  With that he continued to search for materials.  He stopped when he saw a building in the near distance.  He smiled.  "Well I'll be..."  He marked the location of the dungeon on his map before heading over to see what could be found.

ID#  72707  LD:  15+8  Choosing to find Intermediate Dungeon

+1 Intermediate Dungeon Map <An old stone building covered in moss and vines with an opening that leads underground>

34 MAT

1 T2 Mithril

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Boy, who is the scout here?" Sey would reply to the offer of him paying for the meals that the dragon could eat. Naturally, it was not genuine, more of a joke if anything. At the end of the day, it was a game, it was most likely possible for such a little thing to be able to eat a lot. A video game was designed to find loopholes in any form of logic. The next part had him wondering though about this person and what kind of culture they went through. Sey was raised under British roots, though modern English was no problem, and he got rid of most of the stereotypical Britain root words like, "Mate". Still though, he might every now and then call a person, "Love", which was still parts of the roots. "You don't seem to have an American or British background, since that word is somewhat commonly said around those places. Anything considered "slang" for you wherever you are?" And with that, Itzal seemed to find a little bonus to the materials he found from previously. "Hm? What is that?"

ID: 72708

LD: 3 (Nope)

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

After investigating the dungeon entrance he showed Sey the map he forged.  "Dungeon, intermediate by the looks of it.  I'm placing it on a map so we can sell it or give it to the guild.  I'll need to find someone to sell these maps to though.  Anyways as for my background, well.  Let's just say I had locked myself into my room my whole life for personal reasons and leave it at that.  Being locked up playing video games twenty four, seven made me very disconnected from the world."  Itzal didn't prefer sharing real life information to everyone. Kasier and his close friends sure, but not everyone he met, no offense.  And if he told him he lived in Japan, if Sey recognized his American appearance then he'd question it whether mentally or verbally and he didn't want doubt or suspicion.  So he gave the bare minimum and left it at that.  He scanned the area for any other materials they might find.  He smiled when he spotted five large apples hanging off of a tree and continued to make his way into the forest.

ID#  72762  LD:  15+8

+5 MAT

39 MAT total

1 T2 Mithril

Intermediate Dungeon Map <An old stone building covered in moss and vines with an opening that leads underground>

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Oh, so those are how you can get into dungeons? That's interesting, I wonder how much one could sell for them." He'd announce as he would tilt his head to the side. There were a lot of things for a scout to do in the game for sure, it was something to be desired, a mapping system so that players did not get lost. If that was one thing the game lacked before, it was that. But not on purpose it seemed, but so that the players would work for even that right. Seems like the game of Aincrad was a lot better in it's craft that he had expected. How nice to know. "Ahhhhh, isolation. I can see what that does. So this game, where you are actually acting upon it as if you are living in a real world, must be something exciting to you at first, right? I wish I could say the same, but it was not like I really wanted to play it in the first place." Sey explained as he would place his hands in his pockets. Back when he was a computer science loving nerd, oh the good ol days.

ID: 72782

LD: 15 (+1 Mat)

Total: 3 Mats

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal shrugged at Sey's question.  "I plan on selling them to merchants, but for how much is up to them.  Maybe we could come up with a deal of some sort, like estimate the amount of loot gained in the end, divide it, and then I get a certain amount depending on the finished result.  As long as it's fair I'm fine."  He scanned the dungeon entrance one last time before stepping back, satisfied now that he had memorized this part of the area.  Itzal loved to explore as he hadn't been able to do it in the real world.  Especially when he could go to places that have never existed before.  Then Sey seemed to take the explanation without suspicion, causing Itzal to relax.  He turned to the player at the last words.  "Hmm?"  He didn't ask anything as he didn't like to pry.  He went ahead and looked for any materials that might be obtainable.  He smiled as he found another five song crystals and placed them in his inventory.

ID#  72830  LD:  19+8

+5 MAT

44 MAT total

1 T2 Mithril

Intermediate Dungeon Map <An old stone building covered in moss and vines with an opening that leads underground>

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Oooooooo! Negotiation! That is right up my alley! That type of work is all I know how to do if not anything else." The interesting topic to him was col and how to make it. If he was able to multiply his earnings, then so be it. But people had to be smart, and Sey was a persuasive one if he really put his effort into something. That was what being stubborn had taught him, and he would take full advantage of the fact that he was born with the silver tongue. Itzal seemed to have question in his tone as he would let it off with a simple "Hm". But nothing else followed after that. Honestly, it was no secret. Not like his intentions were malicious, it was just simply a business move. Not that it worked now, and the price of it was simply him being stuck in the game for who knows how long now. He would continue to walk as he then noticed another herb leaf on the ground, picking it up and placing it into his inventory.

ID: 72833

LD: 19 (+1 Mat)

Total: 4 Mats

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal nodded but it was already pretty much done.  They just had to find the right number then divide and such.  Itzal had no problem with it.  He looked back to the town for a moment, his thoughts shifting to the KoB.  He never liked that guild, they were prideful and arrogant, both which Itzal hated.  He couldn't stand the guild itself..  However players like Macradon he enjoyed being around.  He didn't judge the individual, but the guild hadn't been making a good name for itself.  In fact they have been dropping rather fast as of late.  Heathcliff, the leader of the guild, Itzal disliked the most.  He turned to Sey.  "Can I ask you a question?  Why did you choose this guild over any other guild?  Like the Knights of the Blood Oath?  Or the Spectrum Coalition?  They're both important guilds.  And if you chose this guild because of Jonathan, tell me why you would join our guild rather than someone else's?"  Itzal picked up five more bundles of herbs and inserted them into his inventory.

ID#  72850  LD:  15+8

+5 MAT

49 MAT total

1 T2 Mithril

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

The question was one that he had been expecting for quite a long time. And he also had an equally clever answer for it as well. Well, it was more logical really, but semantics and psychology was something he had always been working on. "Allow me to tell you answer that question with another question. There are two people, a rich wealthy man and a humble noble. The noble does not hold a reputation or anything of the sort, and the wealthy man has a reputation close to that of a king. Which of the two would you help?" Sey made sure to be very careful with his words. In no way was he calling the Celestial's weak. In fact, he had seen their power. But reputation has been deceiving. He'd continue his point with a small pause in between. "You might gain what the wealthy man might have, but where do you grow as a person? When working with the noble, you struggle together, work together, and rely on each other. That reliance builds a guild like a relationship between two nobles does."

ID: 72853

LD: 3 (Nope)

Total: 3 Mats

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal listened to Sey and nodded with a smile.  He had pretty much said what Itzal believed.  They were a family, and while the knights of the blood oath said the same, it was clear they were not.  The commander of the guild had addressed Baldur in a disrespectful manner, and even smirked at him when he had done so.  They however would never do such a thing.  "Thanks Sey, that means a lot."  He sighed with that off his shoulders and smiled.  There was some silence as he thought about what Sey had said and nodded.  Wise words indeed.  It was better to struggle and improve, rather than have a roof over your head and live a lax life.  Noble's in medieval times could become spoiled if born into royalty, and that made for a very bad life.  They began to cross through the forest road, from one side of the trees to the other.

ID#  72863  LD:  2+8

49 MAT total

1 T2 Mithril

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Glad you think so, I just speak what I am thinking on my mind. And you all have been nothing but help to me since I have joined the guild. I hope to return the favor to the guild as soon as I can" He would promise as he smiled for the moment, a genuine smile that was more cheery rather than the calm tone that he usually gave off with his body language. Itzal was a good paladin, Jonathan was a good Paladin, Hikoru was a good paladin based on the couple times he had seen him, and Kasier had been entrusted by the three of them, so why should he assume any differently about her? As he continued to walk on the earth, he would notice a few more materials to use, this time it was more of a mint. Perfect! Desserts can be made with it if he treated it correctly.

ID: 72864

LD: 17 (+1 Mat)

Total: 4 Mats

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal nodded to Sey's words.  However there was one thing he would say.  "I agree that you should say what's on your mind, but there's a phrase that I believe in:  'tell the truth with loving words'.  It basically means not to tell the truth bluntly, but to tell it in a kind, gentle, and uplifting manner.  Sometimes words must be aggressive but I believe this phrase to be a good thing to keep our minds on before speaking.  And there's no need to return favors.  The guild is here to help you out.  If you want to help in return there's nothing wrong with that and it is appreciated, but we aren't forcing anyone to do anything."  He scanned the area with his eyes, looking for any possible materials he could collect as he had a feeling he'd be needing them.  His eyes fell onto a group of song crystals and he picked them up.  As he did he paused to stare at them.  With all the players going to the bosses lately, there wasn't any real need for debuffs.  His profession was utterly useless.  He sighed as this was a problem for him.  He loved his profession and would never trade it out, but with this...  It made it impossible to progress...

@Sey

ID#  72917  LD:  15+8

+5 MAT

54 MAT total

1 T2 Mithril

Edited by Itzal

"Holding a silver tongue is most certainly a wise move. But what if it's a positive thing like I believe this is? Provided you don't bring it out in a terrible way, I think it would be appreciated to not go around in circles. And I will do my best regardless though, I'll soon be able to collect a decent amount of loot anyways." The snow-haired player would explain with a proud smile before looking over to the side while looking at the ground, only to notice that there was another mint on the ground as well. That was definitely a useful item for him to use later on! Bending onto the ground, he would take the little leafy material before putting it in his inventory, beginning to actually fill up the little inventory space he had. This was going to work out really well for the future of his shop. While it was nowhere near special yet, he planned to expand it later on with experience. It could be a bit difficult, but that was where every small business would start off.

ID: 72918

LD: 18 (+1 Mat)

Total: 5 Mats

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal nodded.  "While that may be true, others might not see it that way.  When you meet someone new try to keep your words neutral.  After you've learned their personality you can begin to work on saying things that won't offend them and yet provide intel.  Even then I'd suggest caution because there's always more to a person than meets the eye.  You are right though, sometimes what we say can't be taken offensive save for those who wish to make it offensive.  And for those cases there really aren't any ways to help them.  They'd need to choose it themselves."  Itzal loved giving advice, especially when it was accepted so openly.  He noticed that Sey had spotted another material and smiled.  Slowly but surely, Sey seemed to be getting better at finding materials.  Itzal just hoped that they'd find a chest soon.  He was hoping to test his lock picking skills.  When he glanced around there was nothing to spot and he sighed, moving on to another area.

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"I have to speak with a careful tongue sometimes. Words are said to be unable to hurt. And that honestly is the biggest lie to exist. I know that words can kill if you say the wrong ones. While they themselves don't do the work, the effect that they cause can certainly do the trick." Sey would explain. This was the exact thing that his father taught him back in the real world, though it was more during his teenage years that he had heard this, rather than the regular years that he is having now. And the think that most of them were going to be spent on a video game, it seemed like such an unfortunate waste of time to some. For Sey, he thought of it to be more of an advantage to work in his favor. Itzal had to see things that way as well, being able to do the things that normal people did... Back in the past, but it was a lot more experience with the "real" world than the average isolated gamer was able to obtain.

ID: 72924

LD:7 (Nope)

Total: 5 Mats

@Itzal

Edited by Sey