[PP-F5] Slain <<Butcher of the Sand>>

The information broker told him about this new boss, and it was not in the slightest easy in any way. It made him ponder if he could defeat it. Considering the stats that the NPC presented to him, it showed that he did have a chance of being able to do it, though it was going to have a heavy toll on his body. Should a player come by a few moments later and kill his for whatever he had, it would have been done. It was a risky task, so he was left there at the quest NPC's presence, indecisive if he should take it or not. The rewards were definitely enticing, no doubt. Even if he did not want the armor or weapon, it did offer a good amount of skill points that he could use. After all, he needed to bring his stats up, and he discovered that equipment was not going to do that anymore. So that was where skills came in to fill in that gap. Even if it were by a little bit, he could definitely use it to level up and increase his health as well. But was this risk worth it...?

@Hakai @Ivory Lotus

Ivory hopped up and down excitedly, spotting Sey on the fifth floor where she had been chilling. Well, more like roasting. She skipped up to him happily and punched his arm. "Hey Sey, you up for some more quests? I'm all set to pull you off on some more." She said, her words flying out of her mouth like machine-gun rounds. She had had a bit too much caffiene that morning, and that only enhanced her peppy and excitable nature to an extreme. She really just wanted to spend more time with the nice person who had carried her on two quests already. She felt like it was time for her to do something to help him out, and the thoughtful look on his face worried her. She didn't know the circumstances, so her mind could only wander to the craziest of ideas imaginable. Maybe he was planning to commit murder? Maybe she could help him....

Hakai stared at the girl from where she stood, her hand gripping her katana. She was p****ed. What right did that girl have to be so happy and excited in any world, let alone this one. Hakai would make an exception to her own rule. That girl was going to die, and she was going to die today. Happiness like that just made Hakai angry. How could she be so happy when the only even slightly positive expression that Hakai could bring to her face sincerely was a smirk? Everything else was just an act. She couldn't feel happiness, only pleasure. She put a smile on her face, dropping her hand form the hilt of her katana. She walked over to them, addressing the man and ignoring the overly excited woman. "You looking to take that Butcher quest? I'd be happy to accompany you. You might have seen me at the last boss fight?" She said, actually having no idea if the man had been there.

The first one to arrive was the familiar Ivory, the one that still painfully looked a lot like him, though her personality was nowhere near as calm or collected as his. Her presence was something he gladly appreciated. "Hey there Ivory. Your timing couldn't be better. I was just thinking of-" His words were cut off by the second woman to arrive on the scene, nowhere near as bubbly as the first one was. She was mellow, more tame like his own. She wanted to come along for the Butcher's quest, which was a huge weight lifted off of his shoulders since a healer and a possible fighter were present. "That is exactly what I planned to take. If you claimed to be in that fight, you must be a fighter as well. I most certainly need that for this. What do you think Ivory? Are you down for the quest?" Sey asked as he would send the silver-haired woman a party request in the meantime, the blonde still a bit questionable, but she seemed nice enough to help.

@Hakai @Ivory Lotus

Ivory waved excitedly to the new woman, skipping up and starting to pet her golden blonde hair. She looked like some sort of angel fallen to earth. "I love your hair, its beautiful!" She exclaimed before stepping back, not wanting to annoy the other woman. "And we'd be happy to have you join us. Any help at all would be appreciated." She said with a kind smile towards her, completely ignoring the fact that Sey hadn't sent Hakai an invite. She accepted her own and turned to Sey. "You think the three of us can take it together?" She asked, wondering what he thought about it. If he was inviting her it probably wouldn't be too dangerous. And she recognized the other woman from somewhere. Some sort of party on the second floor she believed.... She couldn't remember her name though. All she knew was that there were some people discussing the katana she wore at her hilt. She didn't know why they had been discussing it, but she supposed that when you were a frontliner weapons take on legends of their own.

Hakai's eyes widened as the girl rushed at her and started to pet her hair. She gripped the hilt of her katana, her knuckles white from the pressure she was exerting on it. The blade started to inch out of it's sheath, and it was only a combination of her willpower and the girl finally stopping the petting that let her shakily put the katana back where it belonged. She smirked to herself. Where it belonged? 'It belongs in her chest." She thought, finding that amusing enough that she didn't seek recompense for what she saw to be a personal affront. She forced a tiny, thin lipped smile onto her face. "I'm Hakai. Im not a big name, but im getting there. I'm one of the premier damage dealers at the moment." She explained, directing her introduction and explanation to Sey, not sure she could control herself if forced to speak with the ditsy woman.

Ivory seemed to be enjoying herself with the collected blonde woman, though the timing for the smile indicated that it was not quite… Real. It was definitely nothing suspicious, Sey had that same one equipped whenever certain people did certain things… Shaking his head violently from side to side, he would try to shake the thoughts away. And oh how he wished for some sort of diversion, he might was well give it to the blonde now. So he decided to send her a party invite, which would send an HUD over towards her direction. “I’m indifferent to popular names and what not. Call me Sey. I deal damage, take damage, heal others, and can find all sorts of loot.” It made him proud to know that he was able to say such a thing now. The weapon skill was grandmastered, the first aid was nearly top-notch, and the others were moderate. Still however, he was making the climb up

Ivory nodded, trying to keep a serious look on her face. It lasted for a few moments before s broad smile broke through. She could never keep a straight face for long. "So you two run in and attack it, and ill heal you two if you get hit." She said with a confident nod. Sey had already proven beyond a doubt to her that he could handle himself. She didn't know about the cute blonde woman, but if she participated in boss fights she had to be pretty strong. All members of the assault team were in one regard or another, although most seemed to specialize in one way or another. Sey was unique and fun in that he wanted all the skills. It probably wasn't the best goal, but at he same time it was interesting and useful if he had the motivation to get the skill points required. She had a feeling that he would be rivaling some of the best in the future.

Edited by Ivory Lotus

The man sent her an invite and she accepted it, feeling as though she was going to have to carry the entire party. And she should have guessed that the ditz was a healer. Useless. And then the man wasn't even a hybrid build.... He was basically everything. That was just stupid, who would choose a build like that? Maybe if skill points were easy to get, or free, and you could have as many as you wanted. But that wasn't how it worked. She gave them both a nod. "Sounds like a solid plan." It sounded just like every other plan she had heard in this game. No one seemed to be able to understand complex strategy, boss raids were always just tanks take hits and damage dealers try to mess each other up so that they can get the last hit item. There was no actual plan outside of that. "I'll take point. I have a good bit of mitigation and health." She said, giving a look to Sey. He could probably take some hits too, maybe even more than her, but she was confident in her abilities, unlike his,

@Sey

He was most certainly going to be careful with the spread of skills. Of course he had been warned about how much harder it was going to be. But the results could make major profits if he made it to the top of the mountain that nobody dared to climb. He did not have to master everything, but he was willing to try to get all corner covered. Besides, not once has he ever stopped because of something that was deemed to be a tall task. If anything, it just egged him on. The game did not allow for every single skill, but there were some that he did not need. Like the lock picking for example. "Sounds good. I have moderate damage infliction, though I do not think it it will survive for too long if I stun it first." The snow haired player would explain as he would place his hands collectively in his pockets. "If that is all there is to it, we should depart."

Ivory nodded to Sey and then gave a radiant smile to the blonde woman. "I'll do my best to help you two out, but I don't have any gear yet." She explained to the golden haired woman. She smiled. "I can still heal a ton though, so don't worry about it. If you need it ill do it." She stated confidently. She wouldn't let either of them die, even though she lacked the necessary skills or gear to make that promise for real. She really needed to get her gear, but she hadn't managed to find the time to get the gear that she wanted. She was tier two now, but it was seemingly harder than ever to find someone who could craft her the armor or jewelery that she desired. So many artisans and crafts people had just stopped crafting, sadly enough. She hoped that it was just a phase, because she really needed that equipment.

Hakai took a step towards the woman, her katana coming out of it's sheath, the tip an inch from the other woman's neck as Hakai leaned in to whisper in her ear. "You know that itch you get sometimes to hurt someone? And then you follow through and the rush is like nothing you can imagine until the guilt crashes in?" She whispered in her ear so that Sey couldn't hear her. "What if you didn't feel the guilt?" She added, moving the blade forward a bit so that it lightly tapped the woman's throat before stepping back, her katana sheathing itself in a smooth practiced motion before she pulled a white metal gauntlet from her inventory with a laugh and throwing it to the woman. "The cost can be determined later, but until then it's yours." She stated, wondering if the girl would understand the gift she was being given. She called herself a healer, so she'd better. If she didn't... Hakai had an itch to scratch.

The perky one of the two brought light to the group, and the blonde herself seemed to have some problem. What else would a Katana near the face of the healer tell him? On top of that, muffled whispered, to prevent him from knowing something between the both of them. All these blonde women with the urge to shove items through the bodies of all the players. This was his second, and somehow, he felt like that this was not going to be the last. His right hand firmly grasped onto his spear, his eyes locked specifically on the hand of the Katana user. Hm, a player killer potential… And Sey was indifferent to the lives of players. A blade to the throat fortunately does the same amount of damage as one to the arm, and one was all he needed in order to declare an attack of his own. However, bloodshed seemed to be needed little as no attack had been declared. So he would motion his head towards the side. “Come on now, we have a way away to go.”  He just hoped that there was not going to be anything outside of the quest to bother them. Despite his back being turned, his eyes were averted to the side so he could barely look over his shoulders.

• 1 month later...

(OOC: Invited to join thread in order to help with completion. Mist also invited :3)

A barren whistle surrounded Hydra as he took a step out onto the desert wasteland that compromised the fifth floor. "How I missed this place." He muttered sarcastically although a smile on his face, upon recalling the old memories of this floor. These included his travels to obtain the survival skill as well as the dungeons he had tried to find with Allania, fortunately to no avail. The dagger user had been the only girl he had gotten to know on a friendly level, well at least that was until recently when the player known as Mist had found him and since had begun chasing him around for whatever reason. "Speaking of Mist I wonder where she is?" He threw glances left and right. "It'd be pretty obvious if she was here," Hydra continued, either she had gone off ahead and was probably lost in the desert or was late as per usual.

Letting out a sigh Hydra equipped his gear and slowly began to stumble towards the NPC villages that scattered this floor. The reason he was here in the first place was only because she had asked him to come, Mist was still a beginner level after all so it was too dangerous to come up alone. "Now where could she ha... Huh?" The brunette paused mid-sentence, it was hard to make out in the sweltering heat but for a moment Hydra could have sworn that he caught a glimpse of snow-white hair. Failing to recognize the shadow of something approaching from behind him, something with a fox headband on its head and a weapon double its size.

"Hehehe" Mist laughed under her breath as she crept up behind Hydra. It was pretty obvious she was there yet the spearman seemed preoccupied with something else and completely oblivious to his surroundings. Of course, she wouldn't let this opportunity pass by and with the weirdest sounding noise tried to scare him. However what Mist originally planned as a warcry instead turned into a slight "Nya!" As she tripped up and began rolling down the sand dune they happened to be stood upon. At that point, everything was a blur she kept rolling and rolling until finally with a mighty *thud* hit some sort of object. Mist lay on the floor dazed for a moment before whimpering and sitting up. Much to her surprise, there was a player before her that was not Hydra but did appear to be carrying a one-handed spear. They also had pure white hair. "Huh?" She tilted her head to one side and glanced at them. A name came to her head, "Set maybe or Sat?" She pondered, the characteristics matched exactly someone that Hydra usually talked about. "Hydra?!" Mist suddenly remembered she looked back at the sand dune and then back at the stranger. "Sorry, sorry, sorry!" The spearwoman suddenly blurted out recalling what had just happened. 

He did quite understand the sudden silence that would emit from the both of them. Not only that, but their bodies stood frozen. Tilting his head to the side, he would try to poke the tip of Ivorys nose, only for her and the other woman to just suddenly disappear at that moment in time. As a result, he would blink... But before even checking up on how that happened, he would hear the sudden voice of a girl apologizing to him. Turning around towards her direction, he noticed two brunettes. One was the familiar brunette with the painfully obvious orange crystal. The other one was unknown, but he could tell by the excitement and loudness in her voice that she was a chipper one. He would walk up to the both of them, addressing both a greeting and a reply. "Hello there Hydra. I see you brought along a little friend of yours. Listen, do you mind helping me out with the Butcher of the Sands quest here? My partners are just about gone." Sey explained before then looking to the girl with a calm small smile. "Oh? Sorry? No no, I'm sorry for not introducing myself to a lady. My name's Sey. I'm Hydra's friend. And who might you be?"

Hydra heard a "Nya!" Followed by a Mist tumbling down a sand dune at incredible speed. Hydra watched for a moment before rubbing his eye and letting out a sigh. Then as fast as he could run made his way after Mist. It took him a while to catch up to his runaway partner, finally once the sand had settled he made her out as well as another familiar face. "Sey?" He thought, recalling the snow-white hair he had previously sighted earlier. That didn't change the fact Hydra was still surprised, I mean after all they did happen to be in the middle of a desert on the 5th floor. As he approached he noticed two other players who seemed to mysteriously getting further away. "The heat in this deserts can create some weird illusions?" Turning back to the others he rushed over and lightly tapped his hand against Mist's forehead "What were you thinking." He smiled lightly at the girl with a hint of relief in his voice. Once he had made sure she was okay he turned back to Sey. "Sorry about all this, still it was lucky catching you here." Hydra laughed. "Were they your friends and of course I could never pass on a quest." Hydra glanced at Mist "You might need to sit this one out though."

Mist hummed slightly as she looked around the desert "What an amazing place, sand everywhere. I can't wait to explore it!" The adventurer got up onto her knees and looked between Hydra and Sey. "So it was Say!" Mist twirled a piece of hair between her fingers before she began to chew on the end of it. "I am Mist, please to meet you Say." It was painfully obvious she was misspelling the pronunciation, her innocent look accompanied by her sweet smile also made it obvious that she had no idea that she was saying Sey's name incorrectly. As Hydra and Sey then began talking to one another Mist did another classic Twirl trying to see is she could sight anything across the desert, in the far distance it appeared some sort of sandstorm was whipping up, around what looked like an arena. "Hmm?" Upon hearing Hydra's voice she flung a glance across her shoulder and her smile quickly turned into a frown. "You never take me on dangerous quests." The brunette mumbled under her voice. In any case, there was no way he was stopping her from tagging along. Slowly moving beside Hydra she tugged on his clothing "What's that?"  Mist proceeded to point at the place in the far distance.

"Please. If anything, I am the luckier one to have two more partners tagging along." Sey would explain with a smile on his face as he looked between the both of them. Hydra asked about the other two... To be honest though, he was still a little bit worried. "The one with the same silver hair as me, I'd call her a friend. The blonde was a suspicious woman. But they were both going to help me with the quest regardless." It was the best explanation that he could offer, the most blunt one as well. With that, the girl would then proceed to try to call him by his name, though her way of saying it, despite how close it was, sounded a bit weird. "Pretty close. Try putting an "E" in the middle of my name instead of whatever other vowel you have. Seeeeeey." Admittedly, he was surprised not many others have screwed up his name before. It was simple, yet a little bit difficult to string into a conversation. Looking over towards where she pointed, he would answer for Hydra. "It looks like the arena I need to head towards. But I need a group to go. That's where you both come along, if you want to at least."

"Arena?" Hydra glanced towards the building in the distance, it was true, a large colosseum masked by sand clouds stood, the whole thing looked eerie. "So that's where the quest will take us then." Hydra had heard rumors about this quest, not good ones to say the least. Countless of lower leveled players had supposedly taken it, they believed because it was only on floor five it would be simple enough if they could overswarm the boss. Yet once one were to enter the colosseum arena it was a death trap with no escape exit and to make matters worse the creature could twirl around with its blades and cleave anything it touched in half... Of course, these were just rumors. "Well, I am ready when you are. Mist will have to watch from the sidelines, though." He said laughing slightly as Sey tried to teach her how to say his name properly. The spearman proceeded to scroll through his inventory, he had a few potions here and there but nothing which could come into to much use. Eventually, he settled with his standard set. "Whatever this thing is me and Sey should be able to take it."