[PP:F17:NK:Complete] <Sub Dungeon with the CA n Friends!>

Dungeon Map

It was talked about, it was prepared for and now it had come to the day that Anemone and friend would seize the opportunity to trek through the prairie lands of floor seventeen and get some much needed experience! She was excited to do this dungeon run with friends, and probably too excited that she sent her message off nearly at five in the morning to them all! She had been up all night preparing for what might be necessary and she was super stoked about the whole thing. If not for her calm and serene presence, she would be jumping up and down with excitement waiting for everyone to meet her nearby the safe zone. 

In her adventure gear, Anemone stood at the lines of the safe zone. One hand behind her back as she swayed back and forth waiting for everyone to come. She giggled to herself, she would meet up again with all the amazing players she had the opportunity to spend time with and get to meet during some quests. They were a great bunch of people, but she was also told she would be meeting not so familiar people as well. But hopefully her shy exterior wouldn't set them off nor would it hinder her from doing her Support Role to the best of her abilities. With a low sigh, and tangling her finger in the springy coils of her hair, she waited. 

Notes: Tagging all that were active during the discussion. I think 24 hours is a good time limit for people to make a post, if not, feel free to message me on Discord or in the group chat and let us know you wont be able to post and we'll skip your turn.  || @Beatbox || @Aereth || @Vargas || @Hikoru || @Morgenstern

Edited by Anemone
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aereth had been preparing himself for a couple of days now for this upcoming dungeon raid. Due to his now orange cursor he wasn't able to use the teleport gates in the main settlements anymore, since he wasn't even allowed to enter the settlements. It took him nearly a day to come from floor four through all the labyrinths, all the way up to the meeting point at floor seventeen. Thankfully he was able to avoid and sneak past almost every monster that crossed his path and he had rested in an inn outside of the safe zone of floor seventeen before. But now he was finally able to meet up with his dungeon raid party members.

He immediately noticed @Anemone who was standing at the border of the safe zone, waiting for everybody to arrive. He waved to her and began with the greeting. "Hey there. How have you been lately? We didn't have the opportunity to meet each other in the last few days." Aereth called out to her with a smile on his face. He wasn't quite sure if she remembered that he was a red player now... "Seems like I'm a little bit early."

@Seul, @Beatbox, @Vargas, @Hikoru, @Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan stepped forward on floor seventeen. The Greek layout of a floor was beautiful in its own way. The purpose for him being here today, was the fact that he was invited to an adventure for a dungeon on this floor. He knew a few other guild members were invited as well, and it would be a large party so less danger. He smiled and stepped forward, finding the sight of Aereth, and a lighter haired woman. He smiled and stepped forward, his familiar flying ahead to encircle the two. Finally Sol, the white feathered phoenix, burned brightly before returning to Jonathan. He smiled to Aereth and then looked to the woman. "Hello, I am Jonathan, or as you may now Morgenstern. I will be tanking in this adventure" He smiled and bowed before turning to Aereth. "I hope lately you've been training a lot. This floor is not one to aimlessly travel" He chuckled before turning to check his gear and make sure it would be fine for this raid. A dungeon would give him a valuable amount of experience, so he might as well finish it. 

Hikoru appeared from behind Morgenstern. He had followed the young man quietly for quite awhile undetected, as he didn't know the location of the meeting. He had been messaged by a player here, Anemone, if he wanted to do a Sub-Dungeon raid. He didn't know this player, and he wanted to play it cautious. When he knew that Morgenstern was making his way there, he had decided to tag along. As they appeared the clearing Morgenstern introduced himself, and with his hood drawn, Hikoru seemingly appeared from nowhere and looked at the group that had appeared

"And I am Hikoru, Master of Shadows." He said simply, giving a small bow as he looked around once more. Other than Morgenstern and Aereth, he didn't recognize the young lady in front of him. They seemed to be the only ones there, which he didn't mind. He stood over in the corner and awaited further orders quietly, not one for much social interaction. He noticed Aereth's crystal, and remembered that he forgot to ask him about that at the dance, and he knew he would bring up the conversation at a later time.

This was the highest floor Vargas had yet visited. He hadn't visited much of the others but he had reason to be here. Aereth had invited him to participate in a dungeon raid. He'd never been in a dungeon before but it sounded promising. He didn't expect to be of much use but the idea was that he might make some new connections that could help his business do better. 

Following the directions given, Vargas eventually made it to the outskirts of the town where he saw four people ahead of him just outside the city. He recognized Aereth and Morgenstern easily from previous encounters. It took him a moment but he realized the light haired woman was Anemone. She looked very different in her field attire instead of her dress from the dance. Looking at the other person he didn't recognize him.

"Hey," Vargas called out as he approached the group, "are you guys waiting for anyone else?"

@Seul @Beatbox

Edited by Vargas

Well... it looks like a day like today would be spent in a dungeon gathering col... and getting SP for a later date, however... he wasn't expecting to be invited to a group of friends that he had known into the equation... he had known at least all of them and this had seemed to just be a whole get together... seemed like fun in his own mind. He plastered a smile upon his face and left home to go meet up with everyone at the location in which they had spoken of. Step by step onto this floor which had seemed to be rather unknown to Beatbox he had eventually had seen a group of players that he had all known... Anemone... Morgenstern... Hikoru... Vargas... Aer- Aereth's orange. Beatbox had froze in his place looking upon the orange cursor... he too was orange at one point... but he had never expected Aereth himself to be orange, Beatbox with suspicion had stepped forward with his hand on the handle of his sword and spoke out "Well well well... Aereth, Aereth, you've got to have a good explanation for that marker of yours. I'd hate to have any hurtful thoughts about you my friend."

@Aereth

"It is a pleasure to meet you all! Thank you so much for assisting me in today's dungeon run!" Her gentle red eyes had fallen upon Aereth and she placed both hands over her mouth when she had noticed the orange cursor thanks to Beatbox's remark. Her eyes followed the man body language as he would put his hand on his sword. Immediately, without thinking Anemone took a step between the two people to make sure there would be no confrontation, "Please. I am sure he has his reasons. Although it is a bit frightening for myself to see that cursor, I can say without a doubt that Aereth is a good man..." her eyes were fixed on him once more, a slight blush crept over her snow colored cheeks. A small smile then formed, and she looked to Beatbox, "He saved me numerous times in a quest we had together on an earlier floor. I owe him a great deal, so please..." she didn't know what words to say or to form, she looked back at Aereth, he didn't need to give an explanation as to why, and she wouldn't force it out of him either. But he was so gallant and heroic, why would he do this? There could be any number of reasons. 

Anemone cleared her throat, "Let's just try and make this a happy day, OK?" She didn't want the tension to build between anyone since they would all be partying with one another. Still with that kind smile, she looked at everyone and nodded, "Shall we get things started? The location actually isn't very far away. There should be an uprooted cave entrance in the Prairie not far from here." she said remembering how embarrassed she was when that snake slithered across her foot like that which startled her half to death and almost yanking off Sey's arm. 

Jonathan watched as many more people began to arrive, Hikoru right behind him. As Beatbox arrived, The blond nodded to the other. Beatbox kept scanning every single player. He paused at Aereth and spoke for the first time. He mentioned an orange cursor. 'What? Orange cursor what is he talkin-' His eyes found Aereth's cursor. It was orange. The man that he had trained from such a low level, he had gone to the world of having killed someone. He shook the thought out of his head and said, "Surely, it was out of good heart or an accident, if not it will be talked about later" His eyes met @Aereth's. He would have to talk with the man a bit. He glanced at Beatbox. He remembered when that man became a player killer, scared of everything. He looked over at Anemone and looked at her. She really talked up Aereth. He wondered if something was going on there. 'alright, we should really get this show on the road"  He nodded to Hikoru, having some respect for the DPS Paladin of the guild.  

When Vargas and Hikoru arrived, Aereth smiled at them and greeted the two men. " @Vargas Hey there. Glad you made it buddy. And also nice to see you here @Hikoru

Then however, Beatbox arrived. Aereth had never any problems with the man. Quite the opposite. He respected him as his superior and even looked up to him when he was still with the Celestial Ascendants. But then his personality changed and he decided to leave the guild. Aereth didn't know what happened or why he left but he somehow felt that he didn't change for the better after seeing him threatening Aereth. Anemone immediately stepped in between them and told Beatbox that Aereth was a good person and thus had his back. He slowly walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "I really thank you for the trust you have in me. This means a lot to me but I feel like I need to explain a few things..." he told her with a calm but cold voice. Aereth moved past her and slowly walked over to @Beatbox, who was still holding the grip of his sword. "First of all, don't you think that it's not that good of an idea to threaten somebody without having any information about the matter?" Aereth asked him in a serious tone. "Especially when I have several people that gor my back here..." he added mentally. "Yes I killed. Not one, but two players. A couple of days ago, two girls got kidnapped by two other players. I stepped in and was forced to kill both in order to protect the lives of the two girls." He told the knight with a stone cold voice. Aereth didn't want to hide the fact that he was upset and disappointed how Beatbox threatened him. He could have asked normally and Aereth would have told him with without the unnecessary tension... "For now that's all I will tell you, but if you're interested in the whole story we can sit together somewhere at another day and I will share share everything with you. And if you still don't trust me, I shall take my leave. We're about to do an dangerous dungeon run and we need to trust each other in order to come out of there successfully and alive..." he said looking deep into Beats eyes...

Edited by Aereth

Beatbox had listened to his friends words as he had spoke out to him, in the depths of his mind he had no intention to kill Aereth, he couldn't bare to even do it... he had respect for Aereth and we would betray it even if he truly did kill out of the pleasure for it... he removed his hand from the hilt of his sword and listened to the majority of everyone's words upon the subject, Beatbox had kept a smile plastered on his face while he had spoke, it was calming to here he did it to save one another. After he had finished speaking he had stepped forward and placed a hand upon his shoulder with his smile turning to a grin "Welcome to my world, we're ones that knew you would judge upon you over a stupid marker, because I too was orange at one point." he took a moment to let that sink in with everyone here that didn't already know of it... Aereth, Hikoru... Vargas... Anemone. He shook off his thoughts and said out to him "You're a good guy Aereth, and I have respect for you. Just don't be bothered by the minds of others, because they'll judge you without a second thought."

@Aereth

Anemone didn't know what was happening to be exact, but she felt nervous about the situation all together. She held her hands behind her back and examined the event as it unfolded just hoping that a confrontation wouldn't extend any further. When Morgenstern said that the party should move out and get things things rolling, Anemone squeaked a little and jumped at the opportunity to agree with him, "Yes! I believe that is a grand idea," she said nervously, "I have the path mapped out, so we should hit the required mobs and then the boss shortly after." With her arms swinging forward and placed over her front, she looked at everyone with a smile. Maybe for once she could lead, she knew where the spawning points were so she could quickly backtrack behind the group should the mobs find her a little too appetizing. With that, she began to walk. Hopefully everyone was paying attention to her lead, but she felt a little weird with the situation still hanging in the air. She decided to brighten the event up a little.

Turning on the back of her foot, she began walking backwards to examine the party as a group. "Umm, are you guys ready to have a fun adventure?" she had asked that like an unenthused Girl Scout Captain trying to get her group on friendly terms once again to break the ice. But perhaps the question itself was not necessary in itself. Anemone began to twist her hair in her finger as she turned around and walked once more to make sure she didn't make a fool of herself and trip up. 

OOC: OK, lets start summoning Mobs!  @Beatbox || @Aereth || @Vargas || @Hikoru || @Morgenstern

Edited by Anemone

Aereth was very surprised at what Beatbox told him while placing his hand on Aereth's shoulder. "You also have been red at one point? You need to tell me your story at another day if its ok for you. I'd like to know how you managed to walk around with your orange cursor and how you got it, my friend. But for now thank you for your encouraging words. If I could go back in time, I'd do it all over again to save those two lives." Aereth told the man now in his usual warm and calm voice. He then moved closer to @Beatbox' head. "I almost thought you are really going to attack me there." he whispered with a smirk on his face. Aereth had no fear that he would die, since he knew that his friends got his back but he was still a little bit nervous...

They then started to follow Anemone to the dungeon. She lead the way and asked if everybody was ready to have some fun with the dungeon raid. "Sure thing." he said with a chuckle.
After a couple of minutes walking they finally reached the entrance of the dungeon and four large bears became visible. They all readied themselves for battle and Aereth decided to start the battle with his first attack. He charged up his sword art and sped towards the first bear. Reaching the bear, he released his <<Lightning Fall>> sword art and did some damage to said bear as well as paralyzing it for one turn. His status weapons seemed to pay off so far. In the meantime the group had changed into their battle formation, and Aereth retreated back behind @Morgenstern who was standing in the first line of the formation. "Seems like it's your turn now." he said with a smile.

Spoiler

ID# 77717 results:

Battle: 8+3 HIT, Paralyzed Bear A
Damage: 11*8*1=88DMG

[H:1 A]Aereth: 600/600 <> 53/60 -8+1
[H:0] @Morgenstern: ???/??? <> ??/??
[H:0] Beatbox: ???/??? <> ??/??
[H:0] Vargas: ???/??? <> ??/??
[H:0] Hikoru: ???/??? <> ??/??
[H:0] Anemone: ???/??? <> ??/??

Bear A: 500/588
Bear B-D: 588/588 

OOC: I'll roll for the MOB dice after all players attacked. Please remember the 24h time limit for the posts and follow the post order for now. If you want some more time for posting, just put a small message on the Discord group.

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan fell silent and began to lose interest in the current conversation. Aereth was orange. Cool. As long as he did not make a habit out of killing players all the time, he was going to be fine. They began to get moving, Anemone showing them where to go. As they came into the view of the dungeon Jonathan smiled pulling out a weapon of his. He smiled and advanced while raising his shield. He would attack, but it was up to him to get the hate of the creatures. He was probably the only one that could sustain the force of the creatures. He sighed and <<Howled>> allowing the rest of them to attack freely with their AOE attacks. He noticed Aereth did not use one, so he must not have Grandmastered his sword yet. The bears turned toward him, looking at the new player as a treat. They seemed to have forgotten about the player that had actually hurt one of them. "Alright Beat, start, you know, beating them to death" He chuckled slightly at his pun and hoped the man would take it well. The man worked with him and knew his puns all too well. 

Spoiler

[H:3] Morgenstern: 840/840 <> 84/84
[H:0] @Beatbox: ???/??? <> ??/??
[H:0] Vargas: ???/??? <> ??/??
[H:0] Hikoru: ???/??? <> ??/??

Bear A: 500/588

Vargas didn't know this story about how Aereth had become a red player. He just assumed that he had a good reason since no one was trying to kill him for revenge or set a bounty on him. It interested him as to what it could be but the topic was dropped so Vargas let it go. 

Anemone lead the way shortly after that. "I'm kinda along for the ride but I'll do what I can," Vargas added after Aereth's own confirmation to Anemone's inquiry to if they ready to have a 'fun adventure'. They were quickly met by four large bears at the entrance of the dungeon. Aereth charged forward and unleashed his sword art, followed by Morgenstern using his howl skill to draw aggro. Morgenstern tried to push Beatbox to attack but Vargas charged in before him. He wanted to try to accomplish something with this dungeon. He'd been ineffective against Nerius and the most recent boss, Freylise, who had knocked his health points below half with one hit. Leaping into the air, Vargas stabbed his blade into the ground, electrifying the same bear Aereth had attacked. It was a new skill he'd picked up after raising his sword skill. <<Lightning Fall>>, the same skill Aereth had used. "Who's next?" Vargas asked as he withdrew his blade from the ground and looked at the bears.

ID #78059

BD: 10 (10 + 2) [Bleed Activated]
DMG 5+2=7*8=56

[H:3] Morgenstern: 840/840 <> 84/84
[H:2] Vargas: 320/320 <> 25/32 -8/+1
[H:0] @Hikoru: ???/??? <> ??/??

Bear A: 444/588 (Paralyzed/Bleed 4 DMG) [2/2]

Edited by Vargas

Hikoru watched as the group came together and talked for a few moments, then they got down to the nitty gritty and soon found a small group of bears that had spawned. He watched as Morgenstern gained hate and Aereth and Vargas attacked, then he moved forward and prepared to strike. He wanted to try out one of his more powerful Shadowed Path sword arts, and prepared to strike. But as he prepared, he misstepped and fumbled, tumbling into the dirt a few feet from the bears. He grit his teeth and stood, brushing off the dirt and looking at the trees. He needed to get into stealth, and he looked at the others

"I'll give it another shot. But if I miss again, i'm running and going for a Sneak Attack." He said, and he pulled his hood up and nodded at Anemone, as it was her turn to fight or heal, whichever she chose.

ID: 78062

BD: 1

Spoiler

[H:1 A] Aereth: 600/600 <> 53/60 -8+1
[H:2] Vargas: 320/320 <> 25/32 -8/+1
[H:0] Hikoru: 1175/1175 <> 114/116
[H:0] @Anemone: ???/??? <> ??/??

The battle had commenced and quite abruptly as well. She had not planned on being ambushed by a squad of Bears. The thought of larger sized Chewie's made the small girl quiver for a moment as the chill ran down her spine. Focusing on the combat, Aereth made a superb attack on one of the bear mobs while Morgenstern followed up with a howl. She had clenched her ears slightly so the sound didn't jar her, thankfully enough it was mainly used on the mobs to get their attention off the other players. Vargas showed his mettle as well dishing out a very promising attack on the very same bear.

Her bright eyes focused on each member and their health bar. So far, nothing was coming back at them nor did their health seem to diminish as the battle waged on. Hikoru, who was dubbed the Master of Shadows, had unfortunatly had a blunder in his attack and misstepped. She felt sorry for him, she too was quite unlucky with her healing abilities at times when they were crucial. She felt the need to cheer him on and cheer him up, "Hey! Hikoru! Good try! Let's keep doing our best!" she said with a louder than usual voice. Shifting her gaze to the team, it didn't seem her healing was needed for the moment. So she stood in the back and continued to wait on everyone and watch as things panned out. Should anyone feel the brunt of the bear's attacks, she would be there to heal them up. 

[H:1 A] @Aereth: 600/600 <> 53/60
[H:2] Vargas: 320/320 <> 25/32 
[H:0] Anemone: 640/640 <> 64/64

Aereth frowned. Vargas and he were the only two players who seemed to do any damage to the bears. Jonathan howled, Hikoru missed and Beatbox choose to not attack this time. But at least the one bear Vargas and Aereth were attacking had now two status effects on them. But now it was the bears time to attack. Due to Jonathan's howling he had gathered more than enough hate for them to attack him. The three bears that weren't paralyzed charged at Jonathan and simultanously attacked him with their huge claws and teeth. On their way over to Jonathan they completely ignored the rest of the party and simply tackled away Hikoru who was standing in their way between them and Jonathan...

Aereth turned to Vargas. "We are going to focus on this on right here." He told the man and sped towards the bear once more. Just before Aereth reached it, the paralyze effect wore off and Aereth was just able to dodge a swipe from the huge mob. He ducked under it and rolled off in order not to loose control over his body. After that he charged up his lightning fall sword art, jumped and landed on the back of the bear, burying his blade in the back of the bear. Aereth triggered his paralyze enhancement and rendered the bear inmoveable. He then choose to charge at the other bears in order to immobilize them as well. One hit, two hits, three hits. Like a flash he sprinted from bear to bear, and all of them sank down unable to move.

ID# 78093 results:

Battle: 8+3 HIT, Paralyze activated
Damage: 11*4*1 = 44DMG

MOB: 9 Critical Hit on @Morgenstern OOC: I took the mitigation from the spoiler in your signature. Message me if that is not correct.
Damage: 3*(58*3+1-124) = 153 DMG

[H:2 A | 1BCD] Aereth: 600/600 <> 46/60
[H:3] @Morgenstern: 687/840 | -153 HP combined damage from Bear B,C,D <> 84/84

Bear A: 396/588 | Bleed 4 DMG [1/2], Paralyze [1/1]
Bear B-D: 544/588 | Paralyze [1/1]

@Hikoru, @Morgenstern, @Beatbox, @Vargas, @Anemone Please let me know if we should use the new Loot Table/minimum requirements for dropping loot, or if we should stick with the old rules for this thread before you post. Right now I used the old rules.

Jonathan watched as the battle raged and everyone began to move in like crazy. The AOE dmg was affected form by Vargas and Aereth. Each of them dealing a good chunk of damage. As Beatbox came up to bat, he remained still not attacking. Beatbox was their entire chunk of AOE damage. If he was going to sit back and not attack, it would be quite hard for the rest of them to clear through these mobs. Jonathan burst forward, striking the bears, angering all of them and increasing his hate even further than it originally was. "Alright Beatbox. I need you to get in this fight! We can't do it quick enough without you" He looked glumly over to Vargas nodding for him to go if Beatbox sat around to long this time. Beatbox was one of the highest DPS's in the game, if he was not going to attack, the boss and these mobs would be quite  bit harder. "Nice job Aereth, Anemone a little heal would be rather nice" The bear attack had took quite a toll on his HP

Spoiler

78177 BD:6

[H:2 A | 1BCD] Aereth: 600/600 <> 46/60
[H:3] Morgenstern: 753/840 <> 84/84 [+66 HP
[H:0] @Beatbox: ???/??? <> ??/??

Bear A: 366/588 | Bleed 4 DMG [1/2], Paralyze [1/1]  -30
Bear B-D: 514/588 | Paralyze [1/1] -30

"Got it," Vargas confirmed when Aereth said they were gonna focus on the first bear. He waited for his chance as he watched Aereth duck under the bear's swipe and hit it with his sword skill. Jonathan took a strike at the bears, increasing his aggro which gave Vargas and Beatbox room to charge forward without worrying about the other bears. Beatbox seemed to remain where he was though. Vargas wondered if perhaps Kayaba's system wasn't as perfect as some people thought. Was Beatbox having some sort of lag from his connection? That thought was scary just to think about. How many players might have had that as an actual problem. Shaking off those thoughts, he made his way quickly to the bear with his lightning fall sword art. He leaped into the air, aiming to hit the bear directly but ended up skewing the jump and ended up past the bear instead. 

ID #78437
BD: 1

[H:2 A | 1BCD] Aereth: 600/600 <> 46/60
[H:3] Morgenstern: 753/840 <> 84/84 
[H:2] Vargas: 320/320 <> 24/32 [+1/-2]
[H:0] @Hikoru: 1175/1175 <> 114/116
[H:0] Anemone: 640/640 <> 64/64

Bear A: 366/588 | Bleed 4 DMG [1/2], Paralyze [1/1]
Bear B-D: 514/588 | Paralyze [1/1]

Edited by Vargas

Hikoru breathed and focused onto the task at hand. He had missed his first attack, but he knew that he couldn't miss again. He waited for Vargas to finish, then moved swiftly, striking the bear with his strongest sword art and dealt a good chunk of damage, but not enough to kill it. He backed away, his cloak billowing in the breeze as he moved, looking at the young woman and giving her a nod

"Heal up Morgenstern if you can." He said simply, trusting her that she could keep his friend safe. He had never seen her heal before, so he was unsure of her abilities. He knew that the Healing system could be finicky if it chose to be, so he hoped that she was lucky enough and was able to heal a few points on Morgenstern, so he could continue to tank these creatures easily

ID: 78462

BD: 5+3=8 Hit!

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 13x1=13x13=169 Damage to Bear A

H:2 A | 1BCD] Aereth: 600/600 <> 46/60
[H:3] Morgenstern: 753/840 <> 84/84 
[H:2] Vargas: 320/320 <> 24/32 [+1/-2]
[H:0] Hikoru: 1175/1175 <> 104/116 (+1, -11)
[H:0] @Anemone: 640/640 <> 64/64

Bear A: 197/588 | Bleed 4 DMG [1/2], Paralyze [1/1]
Bear B-D: 514/588 | Paralyze [1/1]