[F1-OP] Mourning at the Monument

At the young player who hadn't introduced themselves' opinion, Piera's lips thinned in tenseness, feeling a roll of aggression flood out from her stomach but managed to keep it beneath the surface as she replied in clipped succinct tones, "While I might at the moment love to do that, one I don't think I could live with myself if I did, orange cursor or no orange cursor and two, I'm fairly sure she could kill me in two hits if she wanted."

It wasn't the poor teenagers fault, so she really shouldn't take such an attitude, but her emotions were pretty haywire considering everything. It was somewhat sobering to actually consider killing her friend's murderer herself. If she could ever even achieve such a feat. But the healer truly wasn't sure if she could be okay with that. Even if it was just and righteous and deserved...could she be okay with ending a fellow human life? She supposed she wouldn't be sure until the opportunity came by. If it ever did. A memory of Jomei crying in the snow flashed in the alchemist's mind before she shoved it violently away.

It made her consider what she even wanted done. Did she want Ariel dead? ...A little. But more so, she wanted justice for Adachi. Perhaps Ariel would be thrown in jail in the real world should they all live and escape Aincrad, but she didn't want to wait that long or worse chance the deranged woman from taking other lives.

Offering Beatbox a small tired smile as he stated that he found what he'd come for, it quickly turned in the opposite direction as he continued. "False information about my name? ...What do you mean?" Her expression legitimately confused.

Hesitating as Shield began to turn towards the exit, Piera glanced back at the Monument of Life and frowned as she traced over Lowenthal's name one last time before turning away decisively. Brushing some of her bangs aside as the taller man asked if anyone knew a good spot, she shrugged. "Not anymore really. I pretty much stick to floor three these days..." But did she really want to chance running into Lee? "Um, but I think I remember a smaller inn that might not be as crowded."

While the frontliners had certainly cleared many floors now, there was still a steady population on the first floor and especially in the Town of Beginnings. But she remembered the little inn that she and Lee had called temporary home for the first few months of the game until they settled on floor three. Beckoning, the brunette lead the way, walking out of the hall and down the steps before taking them through small side streets until they reached their destination. It didn't really look like an inn from the outside, but that was what she liked about it.

The inside was a tad cramped, but as a short person, she just thought it was homey and snug, not having to worry about hitting her head on any chandeliers or anything like that. The NPC innkeep paused mid mug wipe to nod in acknowledgement at the players before barking in a not unfriendly voice, "Order when yer ready." It seemed that they weren't the only ones here, there was also a young woman sitting in the corner, looking rather ostentatious against the otherwise plain background with her white as milk skin and hair accompanied with bright red eyes.

@Vigilon @Kooh @Beatbox @Shield @Anemone

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Inn door had squeaked open, it caught the attention of the female player in her Knight's Garb. Her red eyes traveled to the company of people who had walked in, solemn faces showed on their expressions. Anemone bit down on her lower lip, the look on their faces almost made it appear they had gone through a terrible ordeal, perhaps a raid that had gone wrong or something? Maybe a loss of a friend during said raid. The woman could not help but think she could have saved another life is she had accompanied them, but that was the reason why she was with the Knights now. She would not want to let anyone else suffer and die in this world. Her healing abilities could be used for a great purpose in this world. Bringing her hand down on the mug of hot tea, the woman blew its contents before lifting it to her mouth and taking a pull from the sweet tasting aromatic beverage.

When she lifted her head a second time, she had noticed that the players were her friends and she immediately stood up, "Oh dear!" She said rushing over to them looking at each one with a small smile on their face, "Good day to you all. @Beatbox and @Shield, and I don't think I have met you before (@Piera). Hello, my name is Anemone." The woman took initiative which was odd for the woman to do so, but she had seen their forlorn faces and could not just sit idly by with how distraught their aura looked. Small smile on her face still, "Is everyone ok? I fear as those you all have come from a horrible battle or something? Is there something I can do to help?" Her expression unchanged and her voice was sweet and low, but carried a sincere tone. She hated to see people like this, especially the woman. Her eyes heavy and she felt a great deal of confusion and stress in this one. "Why don't you all come take a seat?" The female moved out of the way and gestured for them to sit in some of the more comfortable looking chairs in this small little place. Anemone could only hope nothing too horrible had happened, but it seemed she might wrong on this account. Whatever tragedy had be fallen them, it was weighing heavily on her mind as well.

Shield recognized Anemone and waved away her concerns with his hand, dismissing the need for any alarm. He did, however accept the seat that she had offered.

"It's good to see you again. No, nothing new that happened so to speak," he replied, trying to pick the right words to explain the situation without getting too far into the personals. He knew that Piera must have been through plenty today already without having it retold every five minutes. "Some new information came to light that ripped off a few scabs. It's not really my place to share the information, but if Piera here chooses to she can. If you wish to help, you could always get her a drink. If I had to guess, I'd say something soothing, but she may choose to veto that in favor of something more stiff."

He leaned back in his chair and let the ambiance of the place work a little change in him. The setting was considerably less somber than the Monument of Life had been, and Shield found it much easier to let himself relax. The nice thing about the intimate setting of the inn was that it was a little more on the quiet side and less crowded, so people would have a harder time listening in without being obvious if it was their intent to do so.

@Piera @Beatbox @Anemone @Kooh @Vigilon

Before much longer, the players gathered around the massive monument had vacated the building. From what she heard, it sounded like they would be looking for a more suitable place to speak freely. Kooh, hands still resting in the pockets of her shorts, strolled over to the center of the room at a casual pace. The Black Iron Palace felt eerily empty now, and the blonde's boots caused a light echo each time they met the ground. She came to a stop in the middle of the memorial, garnet eyes scanning the inscription. A closer look at some of the crossed-out names confirmed that it was a list of players, dead and alive. A small smirk played on her lips as her gaze drifted over her own name.

'Now what were they talking about? Loan... Lowin?' Kooh shifted her attention to the section of 'L' names, lazily looking over the crossed out names for one that would sound familiar from the bits of conversation she picked up earlier. Her eyes were caught on the name Lowenthal, reading over the details engraved beside it. 'Hm, interesting.' Despite her solitude, the girl kept her thoughts from reaching her vocal chords. A couple of minutes passed, and with nothing else catching her interest Kooh turned on her heel and casually made her way toward the exit.

Vigilon found a seat and sat down, unsure of what will happen next. He saw yet another player he didn't know. "I better introduce myself soon." He believed he should wait for everyone else to get settled at least a little before introducing himself. Perhaps the next conversation might go smoothly. However, there was always the chance it would take a turn for the worse. "Hmm... If there is a chance for things to take a turn either for better or for worse, I should be prepared for either. Maybe there will be something I might need to know for future reference, or maybe it will be more grieving. Whatever it will be, I should be cautious on the subject." Vigilon waited for the next words, keeping the possible scenarios in mind. "Hmm... Some of them seem to recognize each other. It's obvious they know each other and their struggles in this virtual prison. Perhaps they're on the same side? Same Guild? Previous encounters?"

@Piera @Shield @Beatbox @Kooh @Anemone

Piera was glancing around trying to decide which table to set their little rag tag party at when the other occupant of the tavern approached, all fret and flutter. It would have been a little off putting from a complete stranger, but apparently she knew Beatbox and Shield, which made it a little endearing. Managing a small strained smile, the brunette nodded in agreement to the completely true statement that they had never met before.  "I'm Piera. Nice to meet you Anemone." Sadly, the alchemist couldn't at current manage a more sincere statement, still emotionally wrung out from everything that had happened. It was apparently rather obvious to the other woman as she commented on it, asking if everyone was okay which caused a little pang of guilt for causing the friend of the people that lent her their ears and shoulders for a brief amount of time to worry. Thankfully, Shield took it from there. Shrinking ever so slightly at the casual option for her to reveal what was going on, she stayed quiet for now.

Nodding once more at the mention of a stiff drink, the healer spoke softly, "A pint of mead would be good right about now actually... If it's not too much trouble." Sitting at where Anemone had gestured, Piera distracted herself with the thought of how unique the other woman's username was, not to mention the woman herself. She had a sort of cute albino look going on. Once a drink was in her hand, she would take a sip and be aware of the four sets of eyes on her. The brunette mumbled, "I, um, just found out the circumstances of a friend's death. He was killed by another player." Once that was said and out of the way, Piera took a longer pull of the pleasantly alcoholic drink, knowing it couldn't get her drunk, but it at least could hopefully help her relax a little.

Focusing on the younger brunette male, she stared for a moment before asking in realization, "I'm sorry, I didn't get your name before. Piera. Er, though you probably know that by now..." She'd pretty much introduced herself to everyone here but him by now. Good job Piera. Stellar people skills there.

@Shield @Anemone @Beatbox @Vigilon

Shield settled himself down into his chair, resting against his backrest and looking up at the ceiling. Despite being forced by circumstance to spend so much time in the center of various dangerous situations, this scene was much more accustomed to his sensibilities. In a town that was otherwise busy and overflowing with people, the inn was off the beaten path. It was both surprising and less than surprising that he hadn't heard of it. He made a mental note to return here the next time he needed a drink and a sit down.

"Any thoughts on what you'd like done, Piera?" he asked, his eyes still dancing casually across the ceiling. "I can't say I envy the difficult position you're in. As I said before, the player in question is not one I have any inclination to protect, but I still don't feel that whether or not to act is my decision to make." He had to wrack his brain for a moment before he could recall the name of the lost player. It made him feel a little guilty, considering the high regard with which the other players held him. "I mean, I don't even have any clarity on whether or not Lowenthal would have been likely to engage in that duel in the first place, though your reactions seem to suggest he wouldn't."

@Piera @Beatbox @Anemone @Vigilon @Kooh

"Oh this is troubling news. I am sorry to hear about your friend..." In fact Anemone had no idea how to soften any sort of blow one might receive from information gathered such as this. There was no healing skill to heal a broken or even shattered heart. With a small smile, Anemone placed a hand on Piera's shoulder. "I know it might sound bleak, but I am sure your friend is happy where he is now. He is free of the troubles this world bears on us all. As a Healer, I intend to help everyone clear this game and become a front line player. Which is why I bear the mark of the Knights of the Blood Oath now. I am not gonna act like the scared and frightened girl I once was anymore. If I want to truly help anyone, I have to be out there to help save them all. The green and the orange." She retracted her hand after she gave the woman a small squeeze of her shoulder.

Red eyes looked to Shield and she shook her head at him, her look was more saddened by his words, but they logical sense, "Perhaps if we can coax the player into a prison area or restrict their movements to a single floor. Right now there is very few limitations that are set on players that are orange, some have to risk their lives to protect others and then they...they have no choice but to fight and kill. I knew a woman once, she protected me from a Player Killer, she herself was not orange, but she struck that player down. It was a scene I could not fathom in my head and the scariest time of my life in this game. I owe her my life which is part reason of why I am now fighting to help everyone and protect those who I can." The woman rested her hands in her lap and sat in silence for the moment. Revenge only resulted in more death and more hate. She had her own path, she just hope against hope that others would not be filled with so much rage and desire to kill more players.

@Piera @Beatbox @Vigilon @Kooh @Shield

Fidgeting with her mug, Piera was suddenly fascinated by the grain of the wood the table was made of as Shield asked her what she'd like done. What a vague and yet simultaneously ominous question. Frown turning more severe as the tank stated that he didn't know whether or not Lowenthal would have started the duel. "No." She clarified before adding on, "He... I mean he wasn't the most level headed player of the bunch, or even the safest, but he always knew where the line was. I don't think he would enter a duel that he knew had a good chance of him losing. But even if he did, that doesn't matter." The alchemist's expression became agitated as she stated with passion, "It shouldn't matter if he accepted the duel under pressure or not, it's not right to kill another human being and that's just what Ariel did! She shouldn't be able to go about without being punished! Doesn't Aincrad have a-a jail or something?? How many players have to be PKed before something's done about it? Even if she gets thrown in jail whenever we escape here, who knows how long it'll be til then! Something needs to be done now." By the end of her little rant, the brunette noticed that she had been gripping the mug so tightly that her knuckles were white.

At Anemone's apology, she managed to glance up at the other woman, only tensing slightly as a hand was put on her shoulder, an instinctual and automatic response not having anything to do with who the hand belonged to. Though her opinion was rapidly changing as the other healer tried to say that she was sure her friend was 'happy where he is now'. Having nearly no leash on her emotions, Piera couldn't bite back the scathing sarcastic remark, "Oh yes, I'm sure he's just having oodles of fun being dead." She never liked that spin. If it was so great then why didn't they all just off themselves? So far all Anemone was doing was aggravating her further, including the statement that she was part of the Knights. Though a small part of her brain had to admire her for being strong and determined to her creed.

"I bet you didn't even know Lowenthal was part of your guild did you?" Piera smiled bitterly, shaking her head as her eyes lowered to her mug for a moment before draining it. The brunette was quiet while the white haired girl spoke of her potential ideas and personal experience. Letting out a sigh, the griffin tamer stated, "I'm not saying let's round up all the people that have orange cursors and stuff them in prison... I know that things happen like you've witnessed, especially in this hell. A friend did the same thing for me and thankfully didn't gain an orange cursor because the person was a PK themselves. But there should still be some sort of judiciary system. I know we're just trying to get by. But we've been here for two years and we've only reached the twentieth floor. We need to think about long term what to do until we get out..." Rubbing her face under her glasses, pushing them up slightly onto her forehead, Piera groaned for a moment before dragging them down and sighing, "Though who knows who all the players would respect or at least fear enough to listen to... Probably the Azure Brigade if they hadn't been assassinated... More and more PKing..." It just seemed and endless cycle to her now.

@Shield @Anemone

Shield's eyes hardened and he turned Piera's shoulder's away from Anemone. He was well aware that grief could put a person in a state of mind where reason was not first and foremost, but this was going a little far.

"That's enough, Piera," he said, his voice firm and full of warning, but not angry. "Anemone is on your side here, and she only wants to help."

He released the other player, recognizing that she likely wasn't in a particularly touch-y mood. His eyes returned to the table in front of him, and he folded his arms over his chest, trying to process the suggestions that had been made so far.

"That's a very messy proposal," he said darkly, his mouth pursed as he chose his next words carefully. "Does a player deserve consequence if they end another player's life? If unprovoked, certainly. But first of all, we have no witness. Second of all, there are no means of enforcing anything but broken game rules. Unfortunately, there's no evidence of that. For one thing, Ariel wouldn't have even gained an orange cursor from that duel."

He sighed to himself running both sets of fingers back through his hair. With the wound from the news so fresh, he felt as if he were throwing salt into it, but if there was to be a plan of action, it would need to be clear and based off of right knowledge.

"A total loss duel will never change a player's cursor color," he said, shaking his head slowly. "While killing is bad, total loss duels imply both participants are willing to kill and have agreed to terms. Both are technically considered aggressors, so nobody can be considered at fault. Even if we can prove he entered the duel under coercion, who can legally enforce anything? Sword art online may be hosted in Japan, but its players are from all over the world, and even if there are actual officers playing SAO, who's to say whether they have jurisdiction?"

A part of him regretted not ordering a drink at this point, but he needed his faculties to be clear. He turned to Piera, giving her an apologetic look. It was hard to say out loud, but he knew he had asked her a question to which there was no good answer. Wracking his brain, he tried to come up with a best case scenario.

"If we can coerce an admission of guilt, showing she used force of coercion, we may be able to have her imprisoned within the game for safe keeping. However, even in the case of a killer, I don't think killing them back is acceptable, unless in self defense. even if there was some sort of governing body ordaining it."

@Anemone @Piera

Edited by Shield

Piera was dealing with grief among other things. Anemone had withdrawn back into her shell and sat there with her hands in her lap. Her eyes were downcast, perhaps she said a bit too much and put too much of herself out there on others. She sighed silently with her words withdrawn. When Shield defended her verbal comments, the woman only smiled a little. Anemone never felt loss in this game much like this woman had done, so she was within the grieving time of being less than optimistic. She perked her head up at what the possible plans could be, but Shield was right. There was no jury or law of the land in this world, everyone was here for themselves one way or another. People just wanted to survive, while others...others got strong enough to make sure no one would ever mess with them, or they would throw about their power like children and crush others.

Alas, Anemone sat there silently with nothing more to say. She had just wanted to help, but it seemed like it backfired on her. That was no surprise considering her track record on such things. Her bright red eyes dimmed as they drifted down to her hands in her lap, she would sit there for the moment and contemplate on perhaps making this a better situation. But then, it might just be better to keep her mouth shut and just let them talk it out. She was not necessarily good with talking with strangers anyways, but Shield was much more keen on this than she was. In the end, players and people did what they wanted to do. Kill or protect, mop up the mobs or go for the kill on a boss. There was a lot of selfishness in this world but that was going to be a thing no matter where she was.

@Shield @Piera

As Vigilon listened to the conversation, he felt the heat of the moment rise, fall, and flow. "So, how should I go about this..." "I must admit, we all have our own opinions on the possible actions to take, although the decision eventually falls into the hands of each and every one of us. Our individual actions might act upon the others, or against the others. Nevertheless, everyone is destined for something. Whether it be victory or death, I believe we must make each and every effort count towards the greater good, no matter what we do. If it were up to me, I wouldn't let this player have died in vain." After Vigilon said these words, he began to wonder if what he said was really true, or if he was just letting out how he felt about this in a subtle manner. Speaking of manners, he realized he'd forgotten to introduce himself. "Agh, where are my manners? I'm Vigilon."

@Piera @Anemone @Shield @Beatbox @Kooh

A very small part deep inside of her wanted to bite out a caustic remark as Shield turned her shoulder away from Anemone and towards himself to fully get her attention. But his hard expression and serious (not to mention disappointed) tone sufficiently cowed her. What was wrong with her? Her shoulders curling in on her in shame, Piera's lips were pursed, her eyes focusing on her lap for a tense moment before she whispered, "I'm sorry. I... You didn't deserve that." Hesitantly glancing up at Anemone with apology apparent in her eyes.

Her brow only grew more and more furrowed as Shield brought up problems with her proposal. It was frustrating and hard to hear, but he wasn't wrong. Her hands tightened into fists where they rested on her lap, tears threatening to escape her watery green eyes. Sniffing an shaky inhalation, the alchemist shook her head slightly as she managed to at least somewhat steadily reply, "I don't want her dead." Then she rolled her eyes slightly with a small dark smile as she amended, "Much. I wouldn't mourn her to be frank. B-But I don't want revenge. I just want justice for Lowenthal. I want to do something... Anything... I just feel so useless." Scowling blankly at the table before her before brushing at her eyes stubbornly in an effort to keep from crying any more. "But it's not about me. I guess I just don't know what to do."

Vigilon's speech was poetic and yet sadly didn't help her particular situation at all. A part of her was offended by the way he spoke. 'If it were up to me', like she had let Lowenthal died in vain. What was she supposed to do? But she kept a lid on the ugly emotion. Managing a tired smile, the brunette ducked her head slightly in acknowledgement as he gave his name before replying shortly, "Piera."

Taking time to take a deep breath, the alchemist ran both hands up through her hair, mussing it slightly but clearing her head at the same time. "Thank you guys. All of you, really. For listening to me an putting up with me tonight."

@Shield @Anemone @Vigilon

"You don't have anything to be ashamed of," Shield said frankly, waving her concerns away with his hand. "I've wept far more bitter tears over far less than this, so all in all, I'd say you're handling things about as well as can be expected." With the wind taken out of her sails, Shield was able to relax his shoulders just a little more. "It's alright, Piera. Anemone may be insufferably bubbly at times, but she can't have gotten where she is if she didn't have at least a little bit of a thick skin."

Though his humor was almost aridly dry, it was out of character for him to openly insult people, especially those who he trusted enough to travel with even semi-regularly. Just to make sure it was clear that his jab was meant with no ill intent, he gave Anemone a slight nudge in the shoulder with his fist. In the mean time, he turned his mind back to the conversation that had momentailry transpired between Piera and the man who had introduced himself as Vigilon a little bit ago. It was definitely one that had carried some dark undertones. He didn't quite know what was being implied just yet, so he held his tongue on the matter.

It's a relief that revenge isn't foremost on her mind. Unfortunately, the only hope we'd have is to turn Ariel over to a PKKer, and I don't know if I've even heard of one that could keep up with her, even if I could justify that as an option, which is more than a little questionable at the moment.

"How well do you know your drinking capacity, Piera?" he asked, signaling the barkeep to get his attention. "Another drink sounds like it may be in order, but if you've had enough, you can refuse."

@Piera @Anemone @Vigilon

The woman smiled and clenched her hands around the fabric of her pants when Shield mentioned she was "Insufferably bubbly?" She didn't know what he meant by that, was it because of her cheery and out going attitude, or maybe he didn't really enjoy her company after all. There was an unchanged expression on her face that seemed to be riddled with sadness now as she dropped her eyes down to her lap. "Of course...How silly of me. To actually think, people would only use me for my skills. I have nothing of a personality if people find me insufferable when I speak. Well then..." The woman stood up and she bowed her head to the both of them. "I hope in whatever you find or do to help your grief makes things better for you in this world, Piera. I must take my leave now. It was nice to meet you. Should you need me for anything, please don't hesitate to ask. As a Knight of the Blood Oath, and my personal Oath, I will do whatever I can within my power." The woman once more bowed her head at Piera and turned to Shield.

"Have a good afternoon to you as well, Shield. I am sorry you find me insufferable to be around." Was she hurt? Perhaps so, of the people she adventured with she thought they might have a solid friendship in the future, but she knew all in all whatever he wanted from her was nothing more than she a personal collector of materials. She lifted her hands and gripped the collar of her shirt, smiled and walked out of the Inn.

@Shield @Piera

Nodding knowingly at the man's honesty in declaring that he had cried over less than such a situation, Piera stated, "Soap operas, am I right?" Clearly (or at least she hoped) being sarcastic and joking. It was pretty much her fall back. Hearing Shield able to joke around and poke fun at his friend spread warmth in Piera than may or may not have been aided with the alcohol. Either way a genuine smile spread across her face as she glanced between the two and wondered if they were in the same guild or perhaps even closer. "Sounds about right. As a healer we have to to put up with all of you." She nodded amiably at the tank before winking at Anemone. But her smile dropped as the other woman stood abruptly, not seeming to be happy about something.

At Anemone's well wishes and her oath, Piera nodded tentatively, her eyebrows drawn together in a concerned look, glancing between the two players with mild confusion. But it started to connect as she bid farewell to Shield. Rubbing her mouth which was twisted into a regretful grimace, the alchemist watched with wide eyes as Anemone stormed off. Looking to the older man expectantly, she pushed his arm. "What are you doing? Go after her! Don't let a woman leave upset, she'll just stew and it'll be worse the longer you wait! Don't worry about me. I think I'm gonna take you up on that offer and have a few more drinks. Crash here for the night. It was nice meeting you Shield. Hope I see you around again under better circumstances."

With a fond smile, Piera waved the tank goodbye before glancing over at @Vigilon. "I'm gonna get a drink. Or several. Aaaand you don't look quite old enough kid. Night."  With that, the brunette stood and made her way over to the bar where the NPC was, ordering something quick and highly alcoholic while also purchasing a room for the night.

{OOC: @Shield it's up to you if you wana go after @Anemone or not. If so, I'll let you guys continue the thread. Possibly post a drunk Piera. But if not then we can close here.}

"Wasn't going to get one anyway. I'm not really one for that stuff." After his words, Vigilon retreated to his thoughts. "Kid!? Ugh, you sound like my sister!" Despite feeling like he was beaten down by a demeaning comment, he did appreciate the fact that Piera had been through a lot this evening. He thought about what she said to Shield, and it seemed to make sense at the very least. As he thought, he wondered whether this trip was a help or a hindrance to the people involved. Either way, it wasn't likely that Vigilon would like to return to that eerie place, the Monument of Life. Vigilon looked to Shield. "It's your decision I guess. What should we do?" Vigilon knew he should leave that decision to Shield for multiple reasons, one being that Shield probably had more experience with this kind of thing, the other being that Vigilon had thought about starting a Guild, but hadn't forgotten words that were helpful to him a while ago, before he became trapped in this game: If you wish to lead, it is better to follow first.

OOC: I personally wouldn't mind continuing this topic. If we reach 40(or 41) posts, we will get more sp and col :)

@Piera @Shield @Anemone

Shield scrunched the corner of his mouth in skepticism at Piera's insistence that he follow after Anemone. The expression on his face may not have registered any emotional response, but his cogs were turning, and whatever it was that had led to the outburst seemed to be a much larger matter than just a comment from a casual acquaintance. There was likely something deep-seated there. After all, matters like this were rarely about what they were about, or that was his experience at least.

"I think this is a matter where I might need to strike while the iron is cold," he replied, trying to find more words to explain his sentiment on the matter. "If things went from perfectly content and then took a complete one-eighty over something like that, then right now, I would be fighting a losing battle. If she's interested in sorting it out later, I'll be glad to talk it out with her."

Dealing with strong emotions had never been his strong suit. He worked through things methodically and with purpose. In conversations involving strong emotions, such thoughts were quick to be dismissed, regardless of their validity.

"Besides," he went on, nudging Piera's glass closer to her, "this exchange with her was a transient thing. It can be settled easily enough. Unless you're looking to get rid of me, I feel like I'm of more use here."

He turned to Vilgilon, his mind still not presenting any new options on the matter. He shook his head.

"I don't know if I have much to offer as far as guidance. Company, I'm good to offer. The direction of how to handle sensitive information like this... That will take more than a few drinks in a bar."

@Piera @Vigilon @Kooh

At Vigilon's reply, Piera nodded decisively. "Good. I wasn't looking forward to getting hauled away by the first floor NPC guards for aiding under-aged drinking." Then something seemed to occur to her that caused her to pause midway to the bar and raise a finger with tilted head. "Though, depending on where you live, you are legal to drink." Shrugging lightly, her focus then turned to Shield who apparently had decided to ignore her advice. Realizing that perhaps they weren't as close friends as she had thought, the brunette tilted her head in a sort of head shrug, replying, "If that's what you think is best." It was just against her nature to leave a person mad...the current situation with her boyfriend excluded. That is a special circumstance.

Realizing she had left her glass on the table as Shield nudged it, Piera returned to the table to pick it up, raising a single eyebrow as he explained that the exchange with Anemone was just transient. Huffing a light chuckle at his sentiment of feeling of more use where he was, the healer replied, "I'm not sure why. But nah, I'm not looking to get rid of you. Though I do feel vaguely flattered. Do you want anything Shield?" Pointing to the bar with a thumb, her glass hanging from her other hand. Then eyes sliding to Vigilon she asked, "Anything virgin for you?"

@Vigilon @Shield

"Well, I figure company is more help to you than anything else could really be right now," he answered with a shrug. "Don't think you can really compare a perceived personal sleight to personal loss."

When offered something further to drink, he ran his hand along his face in thought, absentmindedly caressing the scar that took up a good portion of the span of his cheek.

"I suppose most of the drinks I've had here in Aincrad have been functional rather than enjoyable, so I don't really know what to get," he answered matter of factly. "If you insist on getting me something, I'll try whatever it is you're having. Though probably a half portion. This drink isn't likely going to help me in battle."

Whether by his hand or simply with the distance from the monument, Piera's mood seemed to have improved, which he was glad for either way. He very much was not looking forward to the day when his own friends might have their names crossed out, particularly Beat or Atzo, or the various members of the Celestial Ascendants. He would have to make sure to enjoy his time with them all the more.