[PP-F4]A Warm ally, Or A Cold foe?<<Feeding the Enemy>>(Vigilon, Beatbox, Sey)Complete

Vigilon started his trip by exploring and acquainting himself with the Town of Snowfrost. "'Looking for a companion?', he said, 'I dare you to search in Floor 4!', he said. Where am I supposed to go In this place for a friend in which the trip won't kill me!?!?" Vigilon decided that whenever he wasn't in danger, he could gather materials. Either way, he had to find a way to find one. But how? He decided to look around and ask around. Soon, an Npc came to him, saw that he was having a hard time, and spoke to him. "Are you unwell?" "Actually, I hope to find a familiar. But I don't even know how to find one." "Oh, you seek companionship! Well, there is a way. If you feed a monster, you have a chance at taming the gruesome beast. It isn't easy, but should you succeed, it can help you out, travel with you, and befriend you!" "A monster? Crap. Looks like I'm not getting off this one easily..." the Npc bid Vigilon farewell, and the next problem for Vigilon sunk in.

@Beatbox @Sey

Edited by Vigilon

Sey would be walking around with the giant bag of familiar feed he got from the time he was able to get Kyu. The white would would make her way around him happily, jumping up in order to get the feed from his hands, all to no avail though as he was too high up. She was begging, then pouncing, then begging, then pouncing, and the cycle will not stop. It was adorable, but nothing too special. Right now, he was going to train her and see what she was able to do. With that said, he would then place the feed into his inventory, getting the incentive away so that she could calm down for a minute. That, and he needed his arms to warm him up. He would rub against his arms to allow heat to travel to his body. With that said, he would then hear a few voices out in the distance, one being rather loud. So he would make his way over there, there was no real reason to not do so.

The era of being slow was bestowed upon many today, it had seemed that players were finally coming around to get these damned map fragments, and it was about time we got the show up and on the road.  It seemed that today was just the day to do some normal grindin' or questin' as the players out there getting the map fragments would get the job done. He looked down upon Ocarina, and remembered that it wasn't Audio for once in his life, he would always think that his familiar was Audio every once and a while. And whenever he comes upon this floor he could only remember Audio at times... his first familiar, sure his familiar had no enhancements or anything, but it was still his first friend here. Beatbox had chuckled, at least a virtual pet at least. However, he has met a lot of people in this world and have met a lot of friends, it was only a matter of time before he met more though. Beatbox had looked from side to side lookin' for somethin' to do.

@Vigilon @Sey

As Vigilon walked, he thought about what to feed it. Never mind, he couldn't possibly feed a monster without food in his inventory. Disappointed, he began looking for food vendors in the area. No luck, must be the snow. What should he do? Where could he find food for a monster? "Hmm... Perhaps there's a restaurant nearby... I should see how much col I have. 533? This won't get me much. Now what?" He looked around, saw something on the ground, picked it up and stashed it in his inventory. What he would do with it was a mystery to him, as long as he was on this floor. He decided to look around for anything else before setting off.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Nothing. "Must be all the snow. Which direction should I go? Should I leave the safe zone at all? Will I ever find a good companion?" Vigilon continued to think out loud as he slowly walked towards the edge of the safe zone.

ID# 81554 LD 10(failed)

@Sey @Beatbox

Edited by Vigilon
Needed to mention beatbox so he knows it's his turn

Sey would look to the side to notice a brunette in the direction he heard the voices in. He would recall the softer voices tone of voice, and he would then recognize a few of the words. "Will I ever find a good companion?" The brunette would ask... Seemingly to himself. The player seemed lost, it perhaps would have been a better idea to just fill him in. So he would approach with Kyu as his side, both of them speedwalking before Sey would answer. "I... Don't think you'll be finding a girl out here." The snow-haired player explained, tilting his head to the side. Sey was a bit confused, as companion back in Britain would be deemed a partner. A lass, something of the sort. Hey, it was not too clear anyways, for all Sey knew, it might have been him recruiting people for a party. Kyu would pant happily, but refrain from barking. The white wolf was a ball of excitement, a little prissy, but an overall good girl.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Beatbox has told me he is unable to continue posting in this thread, so we shall continue.

Vigilon was approached by someone he didn't exactly know. "Figures, this will keep happening for a while..." When the player mentioned a girl, Vigilon's face turned red, very red, as red as a cherry. "A-a girl? What? No! I was talking about a familiar! Like I would ever just be milling around in an ice cold place like this in search of a girl." He went back to searching in the snow for materials as he walked towards the edge of the safe zone.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Scratch that, he ran due to embarrassment, and ended up falling into a small mound of snow after a failed search. "Mgfffffffffgmffffff....."(Roughly translates to "Why is it always me?") He attempted to get himself out of the snow, but it was a little too deep for him to crawl out on his own. Whether or not this kind of problem would keep happening was the next thing Vigilon had on his mind.

ID# 82961 LD: 1(If applicable, you could say it was a crit. fail.)

@Sey

He shrugged. "I wouldn't be surprised if there was an npc ice sprite that players would chase." At this point in time, he would not be surprised if that were actually a thing. It was nothing too new for many of the players in this game anymore. There were supposed to be ten thousand players, yet many of them tend to chase the things that were not there. An unfortunate fate. Still, a familiar was a much better cause instead, because those things tend to help a lot. Kyu was a massive help, without her, he might have been dead during that one time he faced off against the king of nights. That quest was brutal, but the healer with him was very effective. "Well for one thing, a familiar that can be tamed possibly appears about once every fifteen minutes, and that depends on you even finding it in the first place. Honestly, it comes down to luck."

It wasn't like this chance encounter was the most embarrassing moment Vigilon ever had in this game. In fact, he believed there were worse accidents lying in wait for him. "Hmpf, I better get used to pretty much anything then. If luck and accidents are around every corner, I should start preparing myself for better or for worse. However, I don't seem to have much at all. I only have this crappy basic gear and a pile of materials. Heck, even finding those was difficult, so I can't really say I'm lucky at all. Man, this may be just a game, but it's freezing here!" He scanned the area for anything unusual, maybe a material, as he shook off the snow.

Let's roll, shall we!?

At first, it looked like ice. Then Vigilon picked it up, and noticed it was an ingot. "Heh, guess it was camouflaged in the snow." He stashed it in his inventory, then moved his thoughts to the next problem. There was a player he didn't know, and he needed to find out if he could trust him.

ID# 83024 LD: 16(+1 Mat)

@Sey

"Seeing how things go, you probably will have to wait another five minutes or so to even find a monster. Then you better hope your luck is good enough to tame it. Of course, animals tend to appeal to those who enhance their loot stat." Sey would explain as he would look to Kyu. If he remembered correctly, he placed 6 loot stats on himself to obtain her. And it was worth it, she was the first monster he found, and there was nothing to show that she was uncomfortable with it as well. However, this person did not seem to have that. Perhaps it might have been a good idea to let him borrow his coat, but not for now. Considering the fact that it was impossible for them to find a familiar as of currently, they were going to have to wait a little bit before getting the results of the monsters that they were going to encounter.

"Oh gosh, that would actually help. However, I never managed to gather enough mats to trade for a single item from an artisan, so I guess it's a little too late for me. I think. Usually when I played a game in vanilla, it was hard, but worthwhile. But in a game like this, I wouldn't consider that an option, despite that's what I'm stuck with." Vigilon could really use something, but he didn't really have anything he could use. He scanned the area, looking for a material.

Let's roll, shall we!?

He found an ingot and stashed it in his inventory. "Well, I guess I should be heading for a place to attempt finding a familiar." Then he noticed the player's level. "Well, I should, but this floor is a little too much for me at the moment..." Vigilon had to find out more about this player before he would even dare just ask him for help. Thus, he needed to ask in a subtle manner, since he really did need help, as a result, he tried not to show that he needed help, but just enough to try getting someone to help him out without asking directly.

ID# 83137 LD: 17(+1 Mat)

@Sey

"I'm a Balance player, a rarity in this game. I can inform you of the many builds in the game if you would like, I don't think it would be too hard." The snow-haired player would explain as he would kick up his leg, his hands behind the back of his head. Kyu would nudge at his leg, obtaining his attention before she would continue. It seems she was just pawing at his pants for fun. In return, he would place some snow in his hand before lightly sprinkling it over her head. The wolf would pant happily before pawing at all of the flakes falling onto her. "Yeah, probably a better idea. The location tends to help I hear. I dunno by how much, but any help for a player in the familiar hunting quest definitely is a lot better than going without it. Players might go in circles if the don't accept any help that the game offers... Which  is not even that often in the first place as it is."

A balance player? Vigilon hadn't even heard of such. "Balance? Like, all builds? Interesting. I prefer to prioritize as DPS and add a little Scout to top it off myself. However, I haven't gotten my hands on any skills yet, much less decent gear. Heck, my base damage is still 1, for crying out loud. It's ridiculous!" As Vigilon thought about how this player exactly stretched his build to a wide variety, he scanned the area for materials.

Let's roll, shall we!?

He picked up a chunk of ore and stashed it into his inventory. "If I just happen to get lucky enough, however, a familiar would pretty much change everything for me." This player seemed trustworthy...slightly, but just enough for Vigilon to be blunt about this. "Alright, I could use some help." "Nice job, Vigilon.  You just spilled the beans and asked him if he could tag along without getting the full amount of details..."

ID# 83258 LD: 18(+1 Mat)

@Sey

"Yeah, we could use a few more damage dealers. The bosses for some reason suddenly grew far harder." He explained as he would then shrug his shoulders. It was nothing too  new of a fact these days. If they were able to get a few more fighters up on the frontlines, that would be perfect for them. They were beginning to die off one by one. There was no mercy from the game either, nothing like a revival item has been revealed to him yet. "Oh? My help? In what? What do you propose I do?" The snow-haired player asked, tilting his head to the side. There were plenty of things, giving an item, looking for familiar feed, all that good stuff. Sey himself had help in finding a familiar with the food that the npc gave to him, but that was about it. It was a quest meant for one person usually, but if this player had an idea, Sey was all ears.

"Well, I'm not exactly hoping to train till I reach the frontlines, where I might just end up as a nobody who ends up getting his name crossed off at the indoor cemetery, the monument of life, but yeah, still hoping to train primarily for DPS." To Vigilon, joining the frontlines was like joining the army without any training or experience, in which the chances of living would be approximately 0.0000000000001%(a little exaggeration there). He scanned the area, looking for something useful.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Nothing. Figures, there was nothing to help him search anyway. When the other player asked Vigilon to specify what he needed help with, he responded with, "Well, there are a lot of possibilities, but I'll just be straight, I guess. I don't have anything I can feed a familiar with, nor can I fend off anything hostile. I um, hate to seem rude or anything, but, by any chance, is there a spare equipable item that I can use during the search? I'll return it afterwards, of course."

ID# 83348 LD: 2(failed)

@Sey

"Here, I got an item right here. Do what you want with it, but I think it should make a monster like you more. I'll need it at the end of your quest though." The snow-haired player would reply to him before then sending a trading request to the man. It was the Hecta's Bliss Coat, meaning that it had a lot of value behind it. It took a while to obtain the money to get it as well, so it meant a lot to him. It helped him get all sorts of materials and even allowed him to get Kyu. Sey turned out to be very lucky as well, maybe that same luck would end up rubbing off on this player right here. "This is my favorite coat, even compared to the armor I use in order to fight. It holds a lot of weight to it, so perhaps it will be able to make the difference between a successful monster tame and a failed one. We'll just have to find out, won't we?"

-1 Hecta's Bliss Coat (+3 LD) to Vigilon

Vigilon smiled, and equipped Hecta's Bliss. "Thanks, I can certainly trust you." Vigilon noticed something was missing. He'd forgotten to introduce himself, again. "Agh, I've forgotten to introduce myself! I'm Vigilon." Vigilon walked over to an area near the safe zone, and looked around.

Let's roll, shall we!?

An Ice wolf drew close to him. Vigilon set something down for it. It tagged along with Vigilon for a bit, until a deep, loud noise scared it off. "Well, there goes that one..." He walked on, hoping for a much braver ally next time, and he looked up at the sky. Vigilon whistled. "This floor certainly lives up to it's reputation. It's amazing..." He sat down on the snow covered ground, wondering what other possible familiars could be waiting. "I still remember other people telling me I dream awfully big. However, I don't care. I'm going for any chance I get to befriend a dragon, big or small!"

+Hecta's Bliss(+3 LD)

ID# 83413 LD: 15+3=18(success[target roll failed])

OOC: Come on dice, you couldn't have at least rolled 16? I'm running low on muse here!!!

@Sey

OOC: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiip.... :T M8, why u no lucky?

"Yeah, looks like wolves are only loyal to the ones that they call close. You just met it, so of course it doesn't seem to want to stick around for too long. It looked CLOSE to it though, such a shame." With that, he would place his hands in his pockets, letting the chilly air around him lightly graze against them. It was a good environment for him, he was so used to the cold at this point. And it felt better than the heat, where the above floor would through him into the burning sand. "Well considering the timing, it's a bit awkward to say, but my name is Sey." He would then look down to Kyu, who barked one time. "And this here is my familiar, Kyu. She's a white wolf, so it's very hard to see her in the snow. But she matches me in that sense, so we feel a bit more at home on this floor. I'm sure you'll get your familiar, wherever they are."

"I have no doubts about that. It's definitely out there somewhere." was Vigilon's reply. The thoughts continued to cross his mind as he wondered about things that had to do with familiars. "Hmm... what could it be? A wolf like Kyu? Nah, I already tried with a wolf. Obviously, I'm sick of boars. Maybe...A dragon? Obviously, it can't be one of those big ones, it would have to be small. Wait. If I did find a small dragon, would it be as hyper as Velnia? I actually hope not, despite the constant thrill from dealing with shenanigans..." He looked around, looking for anything useful.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Not exactly anything. "It's getting dark, I'm not surprised." He knew there was something out here in the cold. After all, he got close to befriending a familiar, although it seemed a little skiddish. "It's definitely somewhere in this floor. If I got close towards one, I just might be able to find it soon."

ID# 83415 LD: 2+3=5(failed)

@Sey

"Well, search and detect should be able to get you a little bit more progress. I did have an item in my inventory to help you bring it up by one more loot point... Well, I didn't think it would make much of a difference..." The snow-haired player would explain as he would then hand over the other item. The Hecta's Bliss Pocket Watch, which might have made more of a difference. Hopefully this time around, they would have been lucky enough. It didn't do too much, but it probably would have made that much of a difference should the both of them be that close to a monster again. "I'm sure you know the deal, you can have it until we find you that familiar. Once we do, I will need both of the items back, as they are very useful to me when I am trying to get myself some materials." And with that, he would then leave the watch with the brunette as well.

Hecta's Bliss Pocket Watch  Skill rank item:  (Search and Detect)  sent to  Vigilon

"Thanks, I'm sure it will help, even if it's only a small amount." Vigilon began to wonder if he was going in the right direction, or if he was going the exact opposite way. It was a mystery. He didn't exactly know how familiars act without a player. He got up and scanned the area before deciding to move on.

Let's roll, shall we!?

There didn't seem to be anything, but Vigilon knew there would be something, somewhere. He walked to the northeast, instead of west which he started with. "If I was going the wrong direction, I should be heading the right way now. This better be the right way. Hmm... perhaps a conversation might make this go faster..." He continued to dwell on the near future, as well as ideas for starting a conversation. But his mind happened to be slightly blank at the moment. He knew he needed to find a way to speed up the process, but what?

ID# 83506 LD: 4+4=8(failed)

@Sey