Reliving the Past

Itzal walked silently through the meadows of the first floor with a weight on his shoulders.  His hands were buried in the deep pockets of his deep purple trench coat, the wind pushing against him, lifting the lower end of the coat up behind him, revealing the silver vest and brown pants beneath it.  Normally he would have his sword, or at least one of them, equipped at all times.  However he chose not too.  Out of respect for who he was visiting.  Resting on his shoulder was Velnia, his purple dragon familiar.  He regularly told people that it was his belief she was a mixture between puppy, kitten, and a squirrel, then given dragon scales, horns, wings, and lightning breath.  The hyperactive dragon however, remained silent as she understood where Itzal was going, and why he was so quiet.  If he hadn't been visiting this place, then she would have been shooting all over the place at insane speeds, bouncing off of the floor and sky while looking for any rabbits to hunt.

Continuing his path towards the center of the meadow, he didn't bother looking around.  If he was assaulted by a player killer he would deal with them.  Being at level sixty seven he could handle his own.  Especially since he had recently gained rank four in battle healing.  And with charge maxed out all he needed now was to max out his armor, gain a few levels in extra weight, and top it all off with mods for his skills.  He would be ready.  Ready to find and end Death Adder for good.  It was still a lot of progress, but at least he was closer than he used to be.  He tightened his fist hard before relaxing it again.  He wasn't here for Death Adder....  His time would come.  For killing Beatbox.  No, he was here for a different reason.  He needed to talk to his sister, even though she was in the real world.

@Hestia

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i walk through the meadows with my curved sword equipped holding it within one hand. Looking just for some simple boars to level up and try to be useful to some people. I grip my sword tightly at the thought of ever being useless. Of just sitting around and waiting for myself to be saved when i could be out their working myself as hard as i can to try to be just as useful as those people clearing floors. I look down at my feet.

I can't believe i wasted my time. I....I got to get stronger. At any cost i need to prove that i'm not some lazy person with no will to stand and fight. I will help those people that have proven themselves by clearing floor bosses. At any cost  I thought to myself as i continued my walk through the meadows

while walking i see a person walking towards this area. I instantly raise my sword, but i lower it slowly taking a deep calming breathe. I look at the individual and slowly make my way towards him. As i walk towards this unknown person i see the tiny little dragon, and i smile and quickly starts running. Interested in the cute and tiny little thing much more then the person it is by now.

Itzal's thoughts were interrupted when he heard rustling in the grass.  He looked out of the corner of his eyes and saw someone approaching.  He took a deep breath without showing it to compose himself and turned towards her.  Only then did he realize his mistake, that he should have stopped Velnia first.  The purple dragon perked up immediately and shot at the girl with literal lightning speed.  She stopped right in front of the girl, staring deep into her eyes.  She hovered there in the air for a moment or two before she decided she liked the girl.  She then landed on her and crawled all over her, again at lightning speed, until she stopped and sat on her shoulder and gave her a lick on the cheek.  By then Itzal had finally caught up.  He wasn't out of breath as he made longer runs than this on a daily basis for training.  However he did smile shyly to her.  "I'm so sorry about Velnia.  She gets curious...  And her energetic nature never ceases.  Um, hi!  I'm Itzal, nice to meet you!"  He said offering his hand to her.

Itzal couldn't help but wonder what she was doing out here until he saw her starter gear.  So she was trying to gain some levels?  If that were the case then perhaps the reason he was coming to him was because she needed help, or she'd like an ally.  Or perhaps she just wanted some advice, or tips and tricks.  At any rate he would be willing to help no matter what it was.  "So, by the looks of it your trying to gain some levels?"

@Hestia

i smile seeing the person stop figuring they must've saw me. However, i didn't expect a tiny little dragon to zoom at me at lightning speeds

Huh? i say aloud at the dragon suddenly stopping and looking into my eyes* well hello you cute little thing *i say cheerfully with a smile and then gasps and start giggling and laughing as it zooms all over my body. Finding the act making me laugh from being a bit ticklish. When the cute little dragon finally stops i its head gently with a smile and giggles as it licks my cheek

Velnia huh? i say to the little dragon rubbing her cheek gently what a beautiful name for something so cute like you *i say cheerfully* Oh my bad my name is Hestia. Well my username obviously i say rubbing the back of my head a bit as i correct that it's my username. Hearing Itzal say levels i need my head as burning determination is seen in my eyes You know i am. I...i will not be a hindrance and a lazy person that waits for others to do work that i could be doing myself. I will become strong, and fight alongside those people who are clearing the bosses. Even if....even if i die trying  i say after a short pause to force those words out

Itzal was a little shocked to hear her say those things but recovered quickly.  Velnia was nuzzling her cheek against Hestia's.  Itzal nodded.  "Hestia huh?  Nice name.  After the Greek Goddess of the Hearth right?  At any rate, don't worry about being a hindrance.  There are plenty of things you can do that don't involve combat.  Crafting items, gathering materials.  There's much more out there so don't feel like your forced to ok?"  He wasn't discouraging her to fight of course, not at all.  However it it was pressure from other players, scolding that she wouldn't help fight or anything, then he wanted to get that pressure off of her right away.  No one could live with that kind of stress, let alone survive.  "And don't worry about dying.  We all have each other's backs up there in the frontline...  Well, now we do at least.  So don't worry about it.  Also, don't rush too hard in your training or you'll take risks you really don't want to make."  He smiled at her, trying to stay encouraging the entire way.  Velnia crawled up and used her wings to boost her onto the girl's head before sitting down on it and lying her head down on the front of her head, closing her eyes and grinning.  Itzal chuckled and shook his head at the dragon.

"So in regards to you training, I would suggest you have someone to help you fight for now.  Fighting by yourself means that you increase the chances of you dying drastically."

@Hestia

Yeah Hestia was my idea for when creating the name. I mean she is a goddess, so maybe by taking on a name i could give myself such strength. I hold the sword tightly after saying this. Tight enough for my knuckles to turn white I guess i failed and wasted such a name by waiting this long to do anything i smile at the little dragon and pets her affectionately with a smile feeling myself calm down the more i do so. Finding the little dragon a calming force from how cute she is well i guess gathering would help, but um... i don't know where to start honestly. I'm just kinda flying by instincts on where i think i should go. i say while blushing a bit in total embarrassment at admitting this to someone who clearly knows what they are doing unlike me

well if you want someone to help me to survive then i hope you don't mind that you volunteered yourself! i say in a very cheerful manner as i grab your arm and moves close to you Hope you don't mind being stuck with me for...how many hours or whatever it takes to get me ready for being by myself again, or until i can find a group to keep me company in this quiet...honestly kind of lonely world if you don't try to reach out to people. Which is what i did up till now just stayed a shut in till i slapped myself into actions for daring to waste time. My family would've hate seeing me like that i say to you my voice having drifted off a bit when describing my inactivity and then being filled with determination again at me not wishing to be like that again

Itzal listened to her tell him how she picked the name specifically because it was the name of a goddess, and that since it was, it would probably make her sound more strong.  It seemed however that she was feeling extremely foolish.  Itzal smiled warmly and put a hand on her shoulder.  "Hey, your not the only one.  I was planning to be a skilled rogue, assassin like character in this game and named myself Itzal.  It means shadows.  After the game changed for everyone however, I've mainly acted in the light.  It's become an ironic feature of me.  Don't worry about it Hestia."  Itzal watched as she stroked the dragon, causing her to give off what seemed like a dragon like purr and she slipped off of the girl's head and onto her shoulder again, hoping the girl would hold the dragon in her arms.  She mentioned how she was flying by instincts and Itzal nodded.  His instincts have kept him alive a good long while.  Before he could say anything however, the girl grabbed a hold of his arm and he blushed a little bit.  He had forgotten what it was like when girls did things like this.  Well at least she wasn't trying to embarrass him.  He heard what she said and smiled, the blush leaving almost as quickly as it came.

"Yeah I don't mind helping you out Hestia.  Don't worry, we'll get you on your feet in no time.  And I'll help you find some new friends if you'd like.  Joining a guild is the fastest way, but you'll find true friends as time goes by."  She mentioned something about her family but he didn't pry.  That was her private information from the real world.  It wasn't his place to question it.  Now that she said that however he remembered what he came here for.  "As for gathering materials, I was heading somewhere to gather them.  You can find materials literally anywhere but I'm looking for a very particular one.  And I know where it consistently respawns."  With her consent he would start to lead her through the meadows.

@Hestia

An assassin in the light huh? i ask in a teasing tone as a grin forms on my face trying to be like those assassins from that video assassin creed? Doing their actions and basically showing their allegiance in the open i ask playfully with a chuckle as i happily take Velnia into my arms. Holding her gently as i gently pat her head in a slow gently way. Having a smile on my face as i do so. Finding myself thinking that nothing could go wrong while doing so. That everything is at peace. Forgetting for a brief moment i'm in some video game that is meant to kill people off. However, i'm snapped back to reality at hearing Itzal speak again.

wha-?....oh yeah materials right. Ummm feel free to take me anywhere really. I'm...kind of lost my face turns bright red i've never been good with directions. At all. I would get lost so easily if i don't know where i'm at or where i'm going. unless their is something to distinguish from the rest of the area. Like a landmark looks around at the meadows yeaahhh not a whole lot of variety to help me figure out where i am with this kind of place

Itzal heard her mention assassin's creed and his memory went back to the quests he took on the eleventh floor.  The Italian city.  Itzal had to do some investigations for an npc the first few times, but eventually he had to do some combat.  Itzal, who was good at parkour from before the game even started, had felt like he was in a legitimate assassin's creed game.  He returned to reality once more and grinned after she finished.  "Eh, I guess you could say that.  Although I don't really act like an assassin at all.  I chose to be a scout build mainly.  Maxed out all the skills and mods, got the gear for it and everything.  So don't feel bad if you get to a point where you can't find materials ok?  It happens to everyone, including me at times."  Itzal scanned the ground while she continued to talk.  Itzal looked around but didn't spot any materials he could use just yet.  He grinned.  "Just like that actually."  He turned to look at her while they walked, listening to what she said about directions and how she was lost.  He pulled up his menu and sent her his map data, literally filling up her entire map as if she had already explored everything.  "I'd like to see you get lost now eh?"  He said with a friendly grin.

He loved helping others out.  Whether it was clearing quests, killing monsters, gathering materials, or giving them something else they needed.  He was proud of his scout skills, despite how many said they were useless.  It was usually he who was gathering materials for everyone.  If he suddenly stopped he knew they would change their minds.  However Itzal didn't care about what they said anyways.

LD:  6+8  No mats found

@Hestia

Edited by Itzal

well if this game has like a party system. Shouldn't we team up for safety and stuff? i ask Itzal curiously. Not knowing the mechanics all that well do to having been by myself for a long time, and having not played the game during such time while others were clearing floors. and well lead the way leader. It's not like i know where to go or anything better My eyes widen as i see a map appear as i look at you. Feeling surprise and shock that you would do so uhh..umm...thank you. after getting over the initial shock i continue oh? do you doubt my powers of misdirection. I'll get lost someway or the other trust me. i say with a playful happy grin on my face as i walk beside you. While looking at this map in curiosity. Trying to figure out how you sent it to me, and how i can call up my own map for use so i won't fall into the same problem in the future. 

Itzal listened to her mention the party system and asked him if they should use it for safety reasons.  There was no reason why not to, but the only thing that would change would be that they would always see each other's health bars at all time.  Again though, there was no reason why not.  He opened his menu and sent her an invite, smiling after he did so.  "Like that you mean?"  The notification popped up on her end and their walk continued onward.  His smile grew when she seemed shocked.  "Yes I just revealed every location on this floor to you.  I had some down time over the past few months.  At any rate, even if you do end up getting lost normally, you won't around me I guarantee it."  He could do it actually.  He could technically train her if she wanted him to.  How to notice things, navigate, even parkour if she was up for it.  Though Itzal didn't think that it would be happening any time soon.  He also noticed she chose the curved sword as a weapon.  The style always interested Itzal.  It was very specific to the slashing technique, unlike it's opposite:  the rapier which was meant for quick precise stabs.  Itzal preferred the straight sword due to the fact that it was balanced.  Slashing and piercing all together made for a well balanced and long list of combination attacks.  The possibilities were literally endless. 

Itzal spotted a few flowers and knew they were getting closer.  He picked them and inserted them into his inventory, holding one out to show Hestia with a smile.  "These are materials.  Actually everything in this world is materials.  You can't find them in safe zones or shops, but while out here, you can tell if it's a material or not.  Some are harder to determine and that's where the skill comes in."  Itzal sent two of the materials to her via menu, since he had over two hundred tier one materials already.

LD:  10+8  +4 MAT  Itzal - 2 MAT  @Hestia - 2 MAT

Edited by Itzal

i smile and happily accept the friend request and sees your name and health pop up. What! level 67! umm i...how far are you in floors *i ask shocked before shaking my head and goes back to what i was going to say originally before i saw that why would you give me your hardwork?  *i ask very confused as i look into Itzal's eyes* i mean you must've worked so long to get all this and...and i'm just taking your work. I can't take this. Just teach me how to do what you did and i'll do it myself. I don't want to accept such a thing. It means i took credit for someone elses work. It's like cheating i say as i look into your eyes. I then notice you looking around making me look at you with a bit of confusion What are you doing? i ask curiously as i continue petting the cute little dragon in my arms making sure the precious little thing is comfortable at all times. My eyes widen as you give me materials also itzal. Why are you being so kind and giving me things you have worked for to get? i ask looking at you with a very confused look as i see the two materials appear in my inventory.

Itzal heard her immediate reaction and was confused at first, seeing her level pop up by her health bar.  Huh.  It must have been an update because he does not recall the system giving players the option to see the level of the other player along with their health.  He'd have to remember that from now on.  After her reaction however she talked about how she was taking his hard work and she sounded really distressed about it.  When she finally came to the question he simply smiled.  "First of all, the map information you didn't take.  I gave it to you.  Secondly, I worked hard to get to the point I am, because it's my goal to help others.  Doing something like this?  Helping you get on your feet?  Knowing that I can help you out and keep you from dying?  That's the biggest reward I'll ever need."  Many players didn't really understand Itzal and his ways.  Most would use their skills to help themselves and leave others to fend for themselves.  But Itzal knew that many people weren't that way at all.  Itzal scanned for more materials but no luck this time.

"Of course if you want to do things yourself I have no problem with that either.  I was only giving you the map so you never have to get lost again.  I don't want you getting hurt or ambushed by monsters."  As they continued to walk forward, the amount of flowers increased as they approached what seemed to be a field of flowers.

ID#  88968  LD:  1  Itzal - 2 MAT  @Hestia - 2 MAT

Edited by Itzal

do it...out of kindness? i say as if that is a weird concept.   I've always taken upon myself to do things on my own. Since i've done a lot of things that way. Do it myself without asking for help. So...i can't i refuse i hate accepting help. Since it means i'm willing to take the easy way out of things. I won't have that title put on me. I'll do everything through my own merit. i say with conviction as i gaze into your eyes. Having a serious look on my face as i say this. However, my features soften once again as i pet the wonderfully cute dragon not wishing to upset the little thing if she can get upset or anything through or conversation. Don't get me wrong i don't mind being with people and such, but i've done everything on my own as i said. You can imagine why it's difficult for me to accept help because of that i tell you as i see two more material added to my inventory because of you So..thank you i guess for willing to help me out by giving me a map and stuff i say somewhat slowly as if saying thank you for help is one of the most difficult things i've ever done

Itzal smiled as he listened to her, understanding what she meant completely.  In the real world he was never able to do anything outside of video games.  He was always running from the bullies outside his house, but in the realm of gaming?  He was a king.  He was always near the top nearly everywhere he went.  No matter what game it was he was always on or near the top fifty.  His only true rival was Fearx, but other than him nothing stood in his way.  He discarded tutorials quickly once he got the gist of the basics, and learned combinations most new players never could before.  He was excellent at adapting...  Well it seemed those skills were finally put to the ultimate test.  This death game was that final test.  And it wasn't all that bad to Itzal.  He could achieve feats he never could in the real world.  He had finally managed to make a few friends, even a girlfriend.  The environment was beautiful.  Yet somewhere in this field of flowers was a strong reminder of why he needed to get out.

"I understand completely.  I know ways I can still help without actually doing the lifting for you, if that's acceptable that is.  Who knows?  Once you're strong enough maybe we can go on quests together.  I can use my weaker equipment so that I'm not one shotting everything.  Never done that before.  It would be cool actually.  Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of quests, monsters and bosses that take a while for me to take down.  When it comes to the lower bosses, well.  It's another story."  Velnia poked her head up randomly to lick Hestia's face before snuggling in her arms again, her tail twitching like a cat's before curling up as well.

i giggle softly at Velnia's licking  are you sure this is a dragon and not the most adorable...kitty,puppy? i say not entirely sure what would be the best equivalent to call this very adorable dragon and yeah having some help would be grateful if you just allow me to do some of the work also. Then i would have no issues at all with accepting your help mister Itzal i say with a very happy smile as i look at Itzal. I then look around as we walk deeper into the flower field So we know why i cam here, but why did you come here. I mean you're obviously strong enough to not be on this floor. So why are you? Are you just gathering materials? or are you here for some other reason i ask Itzal curiously with a tilt of my head. Being a bit nosy to figure this out. Finding the idea that someone so strong would be here willing. I mean you even said you're to strong here, so hearing that has me curious on why even be here.

Edited by Hestia

Itzal chuckled a little when she mentioned Velnia.  "I like to think that she's a combination of a kitten, puppy, and squirrel in a dragon's body with dragon scales, claws, and lightning breath."  Itzal nodded and chuckled again at the title she gave him.  "Just Itzal is fine Hestia.  No need to call me 'mister' Itzal."  As they went further into the field he heard her words and fell silent for a moment, his smile twitching.  "I, originally came here to talk to someone," He said.  They continued walking but he started to slow when they neared a patch of purple verbana flowers.  When he reached it he walked slowly through them, squatting, then kneeling down in the flowers, looking at them all.  He picked one of the flowers.  He knew Hestia would have absolutely no idea how valuable they were to him, so he felt he should explain.  "My younger sister, well adopted sister rather.  Her favorite flower is purple verbana flowers...  When I first realized the stakes I made it my mission to survive and for a long time I thought of nothing else.  Then, I ran into these flowers and remembered my sister.  My family.  All those people whom I have a strong connection with.  I'm always reminded of her.  Along with her there are hundreds, thousands of players who want, need to return to their families as well."  He smiled as he thought of his sister.

"Sorry you had to see me in this state.  You uh, caught me on an off day," he said, his eyes debating whether to let a tear loose or not.  Velnia poked her head out of Hestia's arms, seeming to understand what Itzal was feeling.  The two of them were close.  Itzal could usually tell what she was thinking or trying to communicate just by reading her face and reactions.

I follow slowly behind you with a curious look on my face. Doing so slowly i then see the look on your face and moves closer to you to be beside you as we walk through the field. As we arrive at the flowers i see you move down to pick it up. As i hear your reasoning i ask in a very soft voice.  Is your sister alive Itzal? or is she well....? i ask you in a soft gentle voice not wishing to make you say anything you're not ready to. I get down onto one knee beside you, and sets little Velnia on the ground in the flower. I then gently wrap my arms around you seeing the look on your face, and knowing what you're going through if it is the latter situation i think it is. if you need to cry. Do so okay i tell you in a very soft gentle voice rubbing your back gently and slowly

Itzal listened to her question and nodded with a slight smile.  "She's in the real world.  She never really played video games.  Back then I'd isolate myself from everyone, including her.  Yet she'd come into my room and watch me play games silently.  We didn't talk.  She'd just sit and watch...  I've missed out on so much and I don't want to miss out on any more.  I'm going to get back to her."  Itzal sat there with the flowers, reaching down to touch them, feeling through them as one would feel through the water with their hand.  He regretted nearly everything he did in the real world.  However when he returned things would be different.  He'd spend time with his family for one.  He would stand up for himself against his old bullies.  With the help of his parents he'd arrange a meeting between himself and Kasier.  Never again would he isolate himself from them.  Then she mentioned how it was ok if he cried as she rubbed his back.  He chuckled a little as a single tear flowed down his cheek.

"I regret every day of my life outside this game.  Every decision I chose, everything I refused to do.  I regret it all.  I refuse to live a life of regrets anymore.  That's another reason I want to help others.  So many in this game live in fear, or they have too much confidence, or they lack understanding and knowledge for this game.  So many at risk of dying.  I don't want them to die with any regrets either.  Not that, I'm willing to die just yet."

You're a really kind person. i say softly with a smile as i gaze into your eyes sometimes i wonder what could drive someone, but i guess i have any idea on what it is now. If you're not part of some guild i would be surprised. i say with a small chuckle as i gaze into your eyes you seem like you would make a really good leader with how much you care for others, and strive to help those you can. i tell you in a soft gentle voice with a smile i'm sure your sister just liked being able to be near such a amazing brother like you. If she didn't voice such a concern then she probably just enjoyed seeing you do something you loved.

*i smile hearing those words* to live without regret. Huh? that sounds nice. To be able to take each day in stride and move forward just doing what you think is right. Cause you can't regret doing the right thing by helping people *i say nodding with a smile to you. I then glide my hand through the flowers like you are. Having never to really stop and enjoy the beauty of nature. Having always been go, go ,go with no stops in my life.