Reliving the Past

Itzal watches as she reacts smoothly and smiles, glad to see that she has some reflexes on her.  He then saw her look over to him and he kept up an encouraging smile and nodded to her.  He noted that she didn't charge the boar this time but rather waited and this caused him to smile more.  Now she was beginning to understand how combat worked.  Using the same old strategy wouldn't work in a fight.  You needed to change up your strategy to keep the advantage.  By staying where she was instead of rushing towards the boar, she controlled the battle itself.  She could control the timing and reactions.  The boar turned around and waited a bit, but when it was clear she wasn't going to attack it went ahead and charged.  When it got harmed instead of landing any sort of damage on her it got pissed and pound the ground hard, turning to her one last time.

ID#  89112  MD:  4

[H:2] Itzal:  1,340  <>  134/134
[H:3] @Hestia 20/20  <>  0/2

Boar:  1/10  <deals 3 points of damage each hit>

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i smile seeing the boar pound the ground taking note that it's getting madder meaning it'd be harder to focus on anything besides the want to hit me. I take several steps backwards to put some small distance then remains still again ready to react as needed to this boar. Be it dodging if my strike fails or if i find attacking wouldn't be the opportune time. Or striking if the moment is their to end the battle without having taken a hit. That fact alone being surprising to myself even if Itzal has helped with dealing some damage beforehand to it to allow me a chance.

#89113  BD: 8   MD: 3

i grin down at the boar as i see the opportunity  to strike. I lunge forward sword ready to strike as i quickly turn mid lunge to slice all along its side. Striking along its body and ending the life of the creature before it ever had a chance to hit me. I land on the ground and takes one knee before slowly raising up onto my feet with the biggest grin on my face.

Edited by Hestia

Itzal watched Hestia as she finished off the monster, slaying her first mob.  Itzal smiled and walked over but Velnia beat her too Hestia.  The purple dragon shot at her face like earlier and knocked her onto her back, licking her face real quick before cuddling up with her.  Itzal saw the weapon in the air and shot forward, jumping over her and grabbing it before it started falling back down, placing the weapon gently onto the grass nearby.  "Velnia you can't just do stuff like that without warning you hyperactive dragon."  Itzal watched as she grinned and cuddled with Hestia again, giving a dragon's purr once more.  Itzal shook his head and walked over to Hestia.  "Nice work!  I'm glad to see that you know about restrategizing.  An old friend of mine didn't like how I analyzed a battle and changed tactics, always went head first."  Even as he said this his spirits sank as he remembered his friend Beatbox who was now dead thanks to the player killer Death Adder.  He shook this away however and focused on what was going on now and held a hand out to help Hestia to her feet.  "So what did you  think of your first battle?"

i giggle softly and happily as i keep Velnia in my arms as i accept your help with getting up. Smiling happily at all the licks and snuggles the hyperactive dragon gives. Forgetting my sword that is on the ground in the happiness of victory, and cuddles of Velnia. I notice your face look sad for a brief moment, but decides to not comment on it knowing you'll share with me when you're ready about your past when it is time. My first battle...hmmm it was exciting. My heart was pounding and even though i know i could've died any moment i felt so alive at the sametime. i say happily with a grin. So then when we kill monsters. Is their a way to loot them like other games? i ask you. Like i wouldn't think they'd create a game without looting monsters and such. Oh! also how do i check Exp gained and all that?! my tone very excited.

Itzal watched as she embraced Velnia and accepted his offer to get up, helping her to her feet.  Velnia's grin widened as she was accepted by Hestia and Itzal listens to what she says, nodding to her words.  "That would be the adrenaline rush.  I get it a lot when I'm traveling, as I often use parkour to make the trip faster."  Then he saw her grin and get excited about loot and experience and smiled happily.  "Yeah as for the loot, there's an issue with that.  You can only get loot from monsters leveled with the highest level player nearby.  That would be me, which means that the monster's stats would be far to high for you to take on.  Normally if you defeat a leveled mob, it drops col as well as potential bonus loot.  Most of the loot turns out as rare armor which is worse quality than perfect armor."  He began next to show her where in her menu she can view her experience points, check her col, and other places in her menu that she probably didn't know about before.

i listen to you speak and smiles having enjoyed that adrenaline rush a lot. The sensation making me feel alive wanting that same thrill more now. I continue petting Velnia gently while she rests in my arms to give the little cutie the love she deserves as i listen to you. I carefully move one hand to open my menu and look to see if anything changed in the amount of Col, Experience, or anything else i have.

So is their anything else i should know of? like how the leveling up system works or anything of the sort?  i ask you curiously with a tilt of my head. I mean it would be useful to know how i level up like where to find out how much exp these things gave me are, and other noteworthy things Itzal. I say curiously and a bit eagerly to know what i had gotten from this endeavor of fighting these monsters.

Edited by Hestia

Velnia certainly enjoyed the pampering, and certainly enjoyed the warmth of the embrace.  Being a dragon she'd obviously enjoy it to some extent, but she loved it more because let's face it:  She was spoiled.  And that was partly Itzal's fault.  Of course it was difficult to say no to her when she used her cute face.  The little rascal.  She opened her menu and looked at her information, most likely to see if anything changed with the monster's demise, which the experience would have gone up.  She asked him if there was anything else he could tell her about such as how the leveling system works.  He nodded.  "As you slay monsters and clear quests and events, you gain experience points.  When you get enough experience, you gain a skill point which can be used to increase the ranks of skills or get their mods.  Once you gain a certain number of experience points you gain a level.  Be careful with your skill points because you can't take them back once you've used them.  Make sense?  Uh let's see.  So there are a few things I can teach you other than combat.  I can show you the different skills, teach you how to search for and find materials.  Other than that there's not much."

I think i got an idea on how finding stuff works so don't worry about that. i say with a smile as i continue pampering the spoiled and cute little dragon with as much attention as i can give the little cutie. Giving her all the love and attention i would give a pet if i owned one. With this thought i smile as i walk over to you. How did you get a familiar like this? Cause i think it would be cool to have one also! maybe not a dragon. nothing against you Velnia, but it would be nice to have something that isn't copying you if it's possible to get a familiar that isn't a dragon. I ask you this. You can just feel the excitement i have for the thought of eventually getting a familiar. However, soon after a thought comes to my mind. If i can't get one now do to being to low leveled. I wouldn't mind knowing how to make money to maybe have a chance at hitting things or dodging things better. If my armor and sword provides that

Itzal listened to her as she told him not to worry about finding things so he would give her a nod in acknowledgement.  She then asked how he managed to get his hands on Velnia.  He chuckled when she talked about not getting a dragon like he did.  "Don't worry about that.  Everyone has their own tastes.  And no it's not level based.  Any level can get a familiar.  And yes you can get any type of creature.  Familiars occur when you find a monster and manage to tame it.  Finding one with enhancements is the tricky part.  Velnia has damage enhancements.  Once person has a tortoise as a familiar.  Another player was thinking of getting a slime," he said with a chuckle.  "And don't worry about your gear.  I can get you some if you'd like.  I have materials that are just wasting away.  Oh yeah, you can use materials as currency as well.  In the meantime though, what build were you looking for?  DPS?  Tank?  Or a supporter class?"

• *i think on this and says the first thing that came to mind since i had been thinking about that answer. Well i had been thinking of going support class honestly. DPS seems like their would be enough of those , and Tank life isn't for me. I tell you as i hold the cutie little Velnia as i think on what creature i would want to tame. Knowing their could be hundreds of thousands of choices to choose from. Making the right choice was important. To find one that speaks to me, and could help with my build, and also not being a bad familiar. The thought of a bad one saddens me a little knowing what could be a cute innocent life would be snuffed out do to not being a optimized choice for a player like myself for choosing it. I then think more. Well i guess the best choice is to have you help me choose a good build or at least give general tips on what would help with support.

Itzal listened to her mention how she was thinking about going for the support class as there were enough dps players and how she didn't feel drawn to Tanks.  And he couldn't blame her really.  After all, tanks drew on all the hate of a monster and took most of the hits.  And she was right that there was an overdose of dps players.  It would certainly explain why the bosses were receiving more and more health.  Unlike most MMO games, the bosses weren't set.  Otherwise they would have been burning through bosses and floors for a while now.  No, Kayaba was making the bosses stronger due to the fact that players were stronger and there were a larger quantity.  "Alright that's a good idea.  We could use a supporter in each party on the frontlines.  If you want to get there that is.  If you want advice and tips, I'd suggest focusing on the first aid skill.  If you find a player you want to partner up with for a bit, then you can focus all of your skill points on First Aid, rather than having to worry about increasing your damage just yet.  First aid itself heals other players, but you can get mods that restore another player's energy, boost their damage, defense, etc.  After that I'd get armor skills, battle healing, and other defensive skills before getting damage.  Speaking of which:  Did you want to get heavy armor or light armor?"

*i nod as i listen and think on what would be the best solution for things to come. I first need to get first aid which means figuring out the how, and putting lots of points into that to help the people in this game to survive. Then i need to follow itzal's advice on working on making sure i can survive and have a good chance of doing so. I think on the armor choices both having bonuses to each of them. Light allowing me to dodge do to mobility, or heavy armor to help take the hits. I think back to my fight with the boar. Running in had failed while standing still had worked. I nod my head having chose my armor. I'll get heavy armor Itzal that is my decision. i say nodding with a grin on my face as i continue petting Velnia idly without much thought during the meantime as i was thinking.

As she thought about what she'd do Itzal went over what he had, and the path he took.  He focused on scout skills until he had maximized them all.  He started with search and detect of course, and once he maxed it out switched to his sword skill since he needed to be able to defend himself.  Once he had maxed that out he returned to search and detect and finished it, grabbing mods along the way.  He grabbed a hold of gatherer and picking when those skills had come out, and grabbed several extra skills.  One of those was martial arts which he upgraded to rank two (or three?) in order to use his strongest sword art meteor break.  After he maxed out his skills he started working on his combat skills.  He now had rank four battle healing, maxed charge and rank two light armor.  He heard her mention how she would choose heavy armor and nodded.  "At the front lines if you gain the right skills, they may ask you to tank if we're in desperate need of them.  However you don't have to accept if you don't want to."

If they require me to be a tank then i'll happily do so to the best of my ability. I mean i have to do my part in helping us progress after all. I say to you with a nod of my head with a happy look in my eyes as i look at you. So then! want to head on over to the town if we need to go their to get everything done. I mean besides figuring out how to do those skills of course. I tell you with a smile as i walk over to stand by your side. Is it a menu thing, or a quest thing? i ask about that. Also what about starting to make money? how would i go about doing that like getting a job. I mean i have seen people actual players as people owning shops so that has me curious. as i ask this i'm petting little Velnia giving the little spoiled dragon even more attention.

She told Itzal that if they needed her to be a tank she would gladly do so to the best of her ability and how she had to do her part in order for the players to make progress in the game.  Itzal nodded but hoped that she didn't push herself too far and end up killing herself.  At any rate she seemed happy when she said so.  He nodded in acknowledgement.  "Alright we can head over to town.  If your hungry I can get you something, your pick of course.  And if you want we can get you some equipment!"  They began to head over to the town and Itzal heard her ask about the skills, and then ask him where to get currency.  "Well as for skills you go to your menu and select which ones you want and which you wish to upgrade.  As for currency, materials can be used to purchase items.  Either that or col.  Col can be gained if you're active during the day (20 posts equals 400 col) or by clearing certain quests.  The most common way of course is taking down mobs, which of course have to be leveled with the strongest player in the area."

i nod my head hearing that and looks at the skills in my menu and smiles knowing as soon as we get to town i'm for sure getting combat healing skill to help those in need. I want to get armor so i can be ready and start doing some quests to help me further along you know. I say with a smile showing the same drive and need to be pushing myself forward at all times. As we walk through the meadows heading back towards the town of beginnings. I glance at you looking over your armor and weapons interested to see such strength wondering how much time was spent getting to where you are now. How many faces have you sen come and go. I look towards the area of the town of beginning having heard of a place where peoples names who have died reside. I can only imagine the list of people. Worried that such a thing is a very long and unmotivating list of people.

She told him simply that she wanted to get her armor as soon as she could so that she could start doing quests to help her progress.  He nodded in understanding.  "Alright then.  I can keep helping you get stronger and get through quests and such, however I would also recommend you find other players to bond with and fight along side you so that you can gain levels that way as well."  Hestia seemed to be doing rather well despite this being her first day.  She handled the boar very well, and she had established the path she wanted to go on.  She even insisted that she do most of the work rather than let Itzal make getting levels easier.  He felt rather proud of her if he was honest with himself.  And Velnia was certainly attached to her.  Of course she was always attached to people who paid lots of attention to her.  Itzal put his hands in the deep pockets of his purple coat as they walked.  "So.  We go get your armor, and then we go get some food right?  Anything you want to eat?"

any food huh? i say as i think on this as we walk knowing their could be many places to choose So many different styles of food, different tastes, and different backgrounds. All the different options that wouldn't be possible in the real world now being available in this game. All this being in the town of beginning making me wonder what else this world could have.  after thinking for 10 minutes i just shrug having no idea on what i would wish to eat. Surprise me Itzal i don't have any preference at the moment for what i would wish to eat. I say to you with a smile as we walk towards the town as i can't help but smile. Feeling like today and many days forward i'll meet many new and interesting people on this path of living near death, and surviving. This path known as playing Sword Art Online and living in the world of Aincrad.

Edited by Hestia

Itzal watches as she begins to think about what it is she wants to eat.  She thinks for a while and thus he chose to scan the area around them, looking for anyone he may recognize who could join them.  No one was in the area that he could see.  She finally answered stating that she didn't care where they went and that Itzal could choose.  Itzal smiled.  He loved to try new foods from other cultures, but since she was giving him the choice he may as well get her something he knew very well from his homeland.  While Itzal looked American, he was raised in Japan, and thus that was the country he called home.  Not the country he was actually born in.  Itzal nodded and began to head to a restaurant he knew rather well.  Soon enough they arrived and Itzal led her inside, sitting down at a seat.  The waitress came over and asked what they'd like.  Itzal smiled at Hestia as he ordered Ramen for the two of them.  When the waitress left he smiled some more.  "I love trying new foods, but sometimes I love returning back to something that's familiar.  Something from my hometown."

*i smile as i look at this restaurant with curiosity as i hear you order us ramen as the waitress comes over t as what we wished to have. As she leaves and i hear you sentence. My eyes widen a bit in shock* Familiar? You look completely American though? I find it hard to believe you could be Japanese. No offense just you can understand my disbelief to that statement Unless you mean you have had lots of Ramen during your real life I say with a small blush knowing i could be sounding insensitive at this moment. I quickly change topics. So what kind of foods have you tried while trapped within Aincrad? i ask you curiously with a tilt of my head curious about all the different types of Cuisine that could be offered to me. Wondering if the list is truly as wide and as open as i could think it could be. To see if this video game could offer every type and dish available.

Edited by Hestia