Reliving the Past

Listening to Hestia was rather comforting.  It definitely helped with his thoughts of sorrow.  He rarely came here but he made sure he made it count when he did.  Of course it didn't do anything to dull the anger that burned inside him towards Fearx and Death Adder.  Fearx never leaved him alone, always chasing after him with one challenge or another.  Always attempting to beat him and become the best player in the game.  Of course he had to be the one to enter this game.  It couldn't have been one of the bullies or something.  It had to be the one who was most competitive.  And now he wouldn't rest until he and Itzal had the ultimate test to see who was truly the greatest player.  And then there was Death Adder.  From what Beatbox told Itzal, he thinks the player had a unique skill.  Regardless of whether this was true or not, the player was incredibly strong if he managed to kill Beatbox.  He would pay for what he did.

He chuckled when she mentioned a guild, not bothering to look at his guild's symbol hovering by his health bar.  "Amazing brother huh?  I'm not so sure.  If I wasn't playing games I was running from bullies the entire time.  Nothing amazing with that I think.  Still, I like the thought of her enjoying being near me.  I plan on paying more attention to her once I get back, after the long apology of course."  Her last statement caused him to nod as Velnia began rolling around in the flowers.  "Try to at least.  We all make mistakes after all.  I'll do something I'll regret, but I plan to keep it from being permanent."

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i nod with a smile at this. I then sit down in the field of flowers and look around with a smile you know. I've never stopped to take a breather...ever. I never stopped to look around and be thankful for what is around me. I never got to enjoy the beauty of the world around me....i can see why people do. i say softly at the last part with a smile seeing why people can find nature beautiful and not just a area of transition from one chore or work to another. Hey...you seem to know what you are doing. Can you possibly guide me on how to actually level up and all that. i ask you curiously with a tilt of my head. pleaseeee. i add on with little puppy dog eyes. just some little tips or something at least. i ask you. Then a thought interrupts the current train of thought as i open my menu and looks through it a bit and grins and sends you a friend request. Having a smile on my face as i do so. Thinking having you as a friend would be nice since you seem kind enough to not be a horrible person on the inside who is just acting that way.

Itzal smiles when she says this and nods.  There were only three things that were a major difference between this world and the real one.  Reproduction was one of them.  Life couldn't be created in the digital world.  Pain was another, and then the game mechanics allowed impossible feats.  However there were also minor differences as well.  "The world is beautiful.  In the real world it's far more so, and you can tell.  This world feels real, but if you pay attention to your senses, you can tell it's not.  Still, it's an impressive feat."  He took a moment to breath when he heard her ask if he could help guide and teach her on how to level up and such.  Then she started using puppy dog eyes and almost begging.  He smiled and nodded.  "Of course I'll help you Hestia.  I'll teach you everything I know if you asked me to."  He noticed her grin and was about to debate with himself as to why when he saw the friend request.  He smiled and selected the 'accept' button, adding her to his long list of friends.

"Well, as far as things to learn go, there are a few things.  There is levels and experience.  Skills and builds.  Gear and stats.  Familiar's and professions.  There are a couple guild's out there.  Combat, material gathering, searching.  You tell me what you want to learn and I'll guide you through it."

the real world is better then this? i say with a shocked look. I then look towards the ground and thinks on this completely not noticing you get added to my friends list. The first one on their. I think onto every memory of being outside of doing yard work to allow my mother time to work more to help us make ends meet. To running track for my team in school for a scholarship. Every event being for one reason or another, but never to just admire the beauty of the world. I chuckle a bit realizing how silly back then seemed. That i couldn't allow such a small break every now and then. However, i know that after this killing game i will never be able to have such time from having to go back to doing all that work to help my mother. That i'll never have time for myself always giving it to others, to my family, to help them live easier. I shake my head slowly to shake the thoughts out of my head to focus on responding to  my new friend i made.

Well i mean i've seen Velnia so you have me very curious about familairs. But of course we start with the basics. Combat. i say with a smile after hearing you tell me and list off all that you would be willing to teach me.

Hearing her name Velnia stopped rolling around and tackled Hestia, 'attempting' to knock her on her back so that she could lick her face a few times.  If she didn't knock her over...  She'd lick her regardless.  Itzal picked her up, her wings legs and tail just hanging there like how a puppy or kitten would when picked up, and put her on his shoulder as he stood up with a nod and smile.  "Alright then.  In that case let's go find a monster to take down.  Most monsters down here will only attack if you get really close to them, or if you attack them.  They don't normally attack players passing by.  I'll explain how combat works as we find one."  He waited for her to get up before he began to walk with her.  "Sword arts are the only real way you're going to deal any damage.  Sword arts consume energy which allows you to use them at all.  If you run out of energy you need to wait a few rounds and recharge.  Sword arts take your base damage, which will be one since your starting, and multiply it depending on which sword art you use.  Some sword arts are x2.  Some are x7.  One is x2x7 damage.  My strongest sword art is x11 damage.  I'm unfamiliar with curved sword sword arts though, so you'll need to look at those yourself.  When we fight the monsters, I won't use any weapons so that I can attack it and gain it's hate," he said, equipping an item that would give him additional hate.

I grin excitedly hearing that you're going to lead me on how to fight monsters. I get up off the ground right away and follows you as you explain how combat works. listening to how sword arts work out in this game. Then hears the word hate but thinks nothing of it. Considering it the equivalent of the term aggro in other MMOs. I follow you and equips my sword with a smile on my face. Holding it as i give some practice swings that won't hit you to get use to how the blade feels and weighs.* So then what is the first enemy you're going to try and have me fight? *i ask curiously with a curious look on my face. The simple boars i've seen here and there that i feel like i had to hide from to not be attacked...that you've taught me was silly since they'd only attack if i got to close. i say with a embarrassed chuckle at the memories of me going prone like solid snake to try and avoid eyesight. Gaining a light blush on my cheek from the embarrassment.

Itzal watched her pull out the sword and test run it a few times, getting a feel for the blade.  He smiled and remembered back when he analyzed every weapon there was and all it's skills and techniques.  This of course reminded him looooong ago when he and his friends met a new player named Kooh.  She had claw weapons that were no longer in existence due to an update.  Itzal was curious about the weapon and gained her permission to analyze it.  Unfortunately for him, she had used it to get him into a situation that made him rather embarrassed.  Nowadays it was harder to embarrass him, though it was still possible.  When he heard what she said he smiled.  "Don't be embarrassed.  Nobody realizes it at first.  I was an analytical sort of person, and still am, so back then I would over analyze everything in the game, eager to know all of their details so that I wouldn't be caught off guard."  He noticed her blush and hoped his words were encouraging enough.  Back when he first started, he would be blushing right now just because she started blushing.  The reason was that he had zero experience with girls due to him isolating himself all his life.  Even now he didn't have much experience save for with Kasier.  Which is funny considering all the people he's hung out with thus far.

The boar was coming into view and Itzal nodded to her.  "Alright so here's how we'll play it out.  The boar has a hate system, or aggro system.  Any normal attack, whether dealt by sword arts or no, will cause that player to receive one point of hate from the mob in question.  I have an item that increases the hate I receive by one.  How this will work is I'll hit him while unarmed, and he'll target me.  While he's focused on me, you use sword arts to harm him.  Ok?"

i smile as i listen to you talking focusing on your words as i prepare my weapon. Holding it firmly in my hands. i mean when it's life and death you always got over analyze some things your first time through or you could be....dead. i say my voice a bit shaky when saying that word as if the very thought makes me uncomfortable. Your words still bringing me a calm of my actions not being ridiculous. Just careful. I focus on the boar ahead hearing your plan. so then. I slice the bar while you punch it in the face and take hits for me? you have more guts then me. i say with a chuckle and shake of my head imagining you taking a boar hit on your body as i prepare an attack as i try to do a weapon art. Not really knowing exactly how to activate it at all. However, i just focus on trying to imagine what it would be then calling that forth for how to use it.

Itzal looked at her with a smile.  "Not much risk.  That boar can't do more than three points of damage.  And I regenerate health during combat thanks to the battle healing skill."  Itzal turned his attention to a group of boar's, waiting until one wandered away from the group.  He picked up a stone and threw it so that it bounced off of it's head.  The cursor turned red and the mob looked at them, narrowing it's eyes.  Itzal waited until the monster charged at him.  Itzal nearly messed up his timing but managed it regardless.  The boar rammed into him but he held his ground, only pushed backward a few feet.  The boar was in a lot of pain too, seeing as how Itzal had punched it in the forehead while it was attempting to ram him.  With that Itzal had two points of hate from the monster.  Itzal watched as his health refilled almost instantly thanks to battle healing.  He had absolutely no reason to worry at all from this battle.  He grabbed the monster's tusks and held it as still as he could.  "Alright Hestia, your up!"

Items equipped:  Twilight Cloak- +3 LD  Guardian's Eyes- +2 ACC +1 Taunt  Yakimba- 2 Bleed 2 Paralysis

ID#  89016  BD:  5+2  MD:  7
4 points of damage (martial arts rank 3)

[H:2] Itzal:  1,340  <-3+60>  134/134
[H:0] @Hestia:  20/20  <>  2/2

Boar:  6/10  <deals 3 points of damage each hit>

Edited by Itzal

i watch with curiosity and slight amazement as i watch a little pebble fly from your hands towards the boar hitting it in the head making its icon turn read and turns towards you. I take a deep calming breathe not feeling a need to talk to you. I focus on my goal of attacking the boar to destroy it. I watch as it rams into you and you gain it's hate. I focus on the animal and remembers your lessons of Weapon arts, and then goes to try and do one onto the boar. I charge forward at the boar as i grin feeling a rush of energy as i activate my sword art. <<Rage Blow>> . I grin a bit as i swing my sword low and cuts into the side of the boar. Before pulling my sword away before it could Touch Itzal. Hestia coming in with a slash! i say with a smile on my face after the hit. Feeling a bit proud of myself of the attack connecting to the Boar.

BD: 7     MD: 7

[H:2] Itzal:  1,340  <-3+60>  134/134
[H:0] Hestia:  20/20  <>  0/2

Boar:  4/10  <deals 3 points of damage each hit>

Edited by Hestia

Itzal watched as she prepared herself and observed her in detail.  He watched as she charged at the monster, grinning as she did so, probably from the adrenaline rush that one gained when entering a fight.  He saw her activate her sword skill, landing slashing strikes on the boar.  After she struck the monster she smiled, obviously proud of what she accomplished.  And she should Itzal thought.  Not many managed to hit a monster on their first turn.  The monster of course, wasn't all too happy or excited.  It was getting nervous now as it's health was dropping extremely quickly.  The monster began to squeal and struggle, attempting to pound it's head against Itzal again enough to break his grip on the monster enough for it to escape.  It didn't work.  It tried even more, starting to feel like a powerful bull Itzal was riding.  Still to no avail.  He glanced at Hestia and grinned.  "Hit him one more time and I'll go ahead and finish him off.  Otherwise he'll be targeting you next.  Unless you'd like to give that a shot.  I can always end him if your health drops too low."

ID#  89019  MD:  1

[H:2] Itzal:  1,340  <>  134/134
[H:1]  @Hestia 20/20  <>  0/2

Edited by Itzal

i look down at the bucking boar against Itzal and thinks on this. I could either take the boar now for one hit, and let Itzal take care of it effectively ending its life before damage could come to her. Or she could try to kill the boar herself. Taking time in doing so and risking her life when she is rather weak and not having any healing potions to help herself out. She weighed these two options in her mind. The two options of her own work shining through but risking her life. Or allowing the easy way out. She gripped her sword with a determined look not allowing such a easy chance to be the way out in victory. Itzal i'll be attacking the boar and killing it. I'm sorry but i would like to prove i can win without your help from here on out. I mean it's only 3 hits after that. I can survive. i say nodding with a determined look. I hold my sword tightly in my hand. I go to swing at the boar with my blade. However, i let my thoughts cloud my mind a bit. My need to prove myself to my new friend that i miss the boar and it slashes along the ground in front of the boar from my view of things. My face gaining a blush of embarrassment at missing a monster that is practically standing still.

BD: 3  MD: 1

[H:1]  Hestia 20/20  <>  0/2

Edited by Hestia

Hearing her say this made him nod.  Beating this boar wouldn't mean she'd be able to survive on her own of course, but it would definitely give her experience...  As well as experience points which would boost her level up.  Of course what she probably didn't consider was that this boar only needed four hits to kill her.  Three if it managed a critical hit.  And she had to actually hit the monster three times first.  Even Itzal's luck was dry when he first started.  He recalled that wolf that took a long while to beat (almost a full page's worth).  That was annoying.  At any rate if the boar was close to killing her then Itzal would step in and finish it off.  Velnia caught up with them and darted here and there before spotting the boar.  She flew over and landed on it's snout, lying there giving a playful grin to the animal.  It stopped bucking and struggling and stared at her in confusion.  Itzal let go of the beast.  "Alright.  I'll be here in case things go south, but I trust you for the most part.  Go for it Hestia!"  He said as he backed up.  "And don't worry about Velnia, you couldn't hit her if you wanted to.  Trust me, we were in a race/game of tag once.  It's impossible." 

He watched as she rushed forward, determined to fight the monster.  However she seemed to lack focus and missed the monster, causing it to panic.  It charged away from her and towards Itzal, whom it seemed to the boar, was retreating.  Therefore it believed it had a better chance with him than with the girl.  It really didn't of course but that's how the hate system worked.  He saw her flush from embarrassment and called out to her.  "Don't be embarrassed!  It happens to all of us, especially at a low level!  As you get stronger you'll get skills and gear that will amplify your accuracy!" 

ID#  89027  MD:  2

Edited by Itzal

After hearing your words i fight off the embarrassment and lift my sword again shaking my head side to side for a brief second to clear away thoughts as i get a determined look. Trusting that what you say is true and not just something to comfort me. I run towards the boar. Taking a deep breathe as i focus on my goal, and how i'm going to attack. Knowing that this could be dangerous if my luck isn't on my side when it comes to killing this thing. However, i trust that i can kill this boar. That i can kill it to show i'm able to handle other things in the future. I run towards it with a determined look. As i swing my sword towards the boar.

BD: 9    MD: 9

i grin as my sword slashes across the boss causing more red pixels to fall from its body to represent blood. I grin a bit at hearing the boar let out a squeal of pain as i look down at it as i spin myself around to face it. My sword ready to strike at it again. Having a happy grin on my face, and a look of determination. Seeing this as my first step to prove myself to the world of Aincrad. To prove i'm not some scared child anymore. That i Hestia! Will prove to be strong as the goddess i'm named after!

Boar:  2/10  <deals 3 points of damage each hit>

Edited by Hestia

Itzal watched as Hestia recovered quickly upon hearing Itzal's words and it made him smile knowing he could help encourage her.  He watched as she took a second to clear her thoughts, Velnia distracting the boar by slapping it's rear with her tail, and flying to the other side as it turned so that it didn't see her, then slapped it's rear again and continued the process.  The monster was getting really riled up because of this, but at least it's attention was elsewhere other than Itzal for a change.  It changed it's mind and charged Itzal again who grabbed the beast by the tusks and shoved it right back, watching it roll like a bowling ball backward.  When it came too the first thing it got to see was Hestia charging it with her sword outward and an intent to strike.  The boar tried to retaliate but the strike followed through, dealing a critical hit in fact.  Itzal smiled as he saw this and clapped for her.  The boar of course, didn't intend to let her slideThe beast turned around and charged at her when it felt another smack on the rear, squealed, and ran past her by mistake because of it.  Velnia gave off a little dragon giggle as she hovered in the air before shooting all over the place again.  "Nice critical hit!"  Itzal exclaimed.

ID#  89048  MD:  5

[H:3]  @Hestia 20/20  <>  0/2

Edited by Itzal

i grin very excitedly hearing that i did a crit as i pump my fist up into the air for a moment to celebrate before focusing all my attention back onto the boar. I focus all my energy again onto this boar hoping to be able to get a good strike on it again. I focus on it as i rush forward towards it as it ran past me aiming to strike it down before it could have a chance to escape. Going to end its life as quickly as i can. Not wishing to allow this beast that seems so lifelike to live in pain. Keep Rollin' on through life.

#89049   BD: 1    MD: 2

i swing down at the boar with a slash of my sword however i didn't take in count for how fast the boar is moving, and do to my eagerness to end it fast and swiftly with an attack. My blade missing the boar by a long shot as it ran past me. As the boar makes a turn around to attack me i quickly correct myself and dodge out of the way of the attack as i gaze down at it. Woah! don't think i'll be a easy hit!

[H:3]  Hestia 20/20  <>  0/2

Edited by Hestia

Itzal watched as she seemed to rush a little bit and in her eagerness missed.  Itzal didn't know why she did so but he'd help her out none the less.  "Take your time.  Swordplay is an art, you can't rush it unless your a pro.  For now I'd practice getting acquainted with your weapon.  I think you've heard the saying: it's an extension of your body right?"  Itzal watched as the Boar jumped, quite literally, when her blade entered the ground nearby it, causing it to squeal.  It was really hating this game and it's eyes flashed hatefully, preparing to charge her and tear her up with it's tusks, pound her with it's hooves, etc.  This, as Itzal knew, was a monster's greatest weakness, if it was beast class that is.  If an animal became enraged, there was no intelligence that would help it channel that hatred.  Therefore when the boar rushed at Hestia, It missed her by a centimeter and instead ran into Itzal.  He held his hand out and stopped the monster before it could hit him and cocked an eyebrow.  "Wrong target buster," he said before turning the guy around and waiting for it to reorientate. 

ID#  89050  MD:  1

[H:3]  @Hestia 20/20  <>  0/2

Edited by Itzal

i grin down at the Boar and prepares to attack it again. Taking a calming breathe as i focus on my breath. getting use to how the weapon feels in my hand in the moment as i charge forward at the boar. Starting off at a slow jog before moving into a run as i close in on towards the boar as i try to swipe at the boar with my curved sword hoping to be able to strike it. Trusting that it'll strike true, and kill this boar and then work on finding some way to improve my accuracy with my weapon, or work on getting a new one to maybe improve my chances of hitting these monsters.

#89052   BD: 4    MD: 7

i swing my blade at the boar and sees that i misjudged the length of my blade as it misses the boar because of that.

[H:3] Hestia 20/20  <>  0/2

Edited by Hestia

He watched as Hestia grinned yet again at the boar, her confidence seeming to build.  Confidence was good but it could get to your head, and Itzal knew this.  However it was best for players to discover these things on their own.  She started off with a low jog before breaking into a run towards the monster.  Most people Itzal noticed, got running and sprinting confused.  It seemed everyone thought that anything above jogging was automatically sprinting, and that jogging was running.  He shook his head to focus again as he watched her swing at the monster, missing the boar just nearly.  The boar of course, wasn't going to run this time.  It had it with playing cat and mouse.  Or rather, player and mob.  Human and boar?  There really was no catchy way to say it was there?  The boar shot forward towards her but her movement caused it to run between her legs by accident, running off a little before sliding to a stop.  It turned around and ground it's hoof in the ground.  It looked like a jousting tournament to Itzal now.

ID#  87101  MD:  3

[H:3] @Hestia 20/20  <>  0/2

Edited by Itzal

*i quickly move my legs a little bit in over adjustment to the boar running under my legs. Not enjoying the thought of those tusks or just he pure strength of the boar hitting any part of my body. The idea of that pain making me uncomfortable at the thought. I then turn around quickly to make sure i don't get attacked with my back turned. Finding such a thought would be embarrassing if it was from something as obvious as a boar doing it to me. I glance over to Itzal for a brief moment and decides to just wait. Thinking that by just waiting i could focus more on striking then having to run forward. I wait for the boar to start charging at me to strike me once more. When i think it's close enough i go for a strike at its body. 

#89111     BD: 6        MD: 3

i grin to myself as the boar charges as my sword goes forward slicing along the body of the animal in question. Causing it another point of damage as i look down at it as my strike connects with its body.

[H:3] Hestia 20/20  <>  0/2

Boar:  1/10  <deals 3 points of damage each hit>

Edited by Hestia