Reliving the Past

Itzal chuckled when he saw the shock on his face, though he had realized only now that he accidentally given away a big part of his real life info, to which he was now slightly regretting.  And she called him out on it.  No way out now he thought to himself.  "Yeah well.  While my parents are American, I was raised in Japan since I was six.  I don't have any memories past that point."  He said, not wanting to bring up the fate of his parents.  "Suffice it to say that when I say I have an adopted sister?  It was more of an adopted family."  She then changed the topic rather quickly, which he was thankful for that.  He thought for a moment.  "Well I've tried a bit of American.  Most of the food is greasy I've noticed.  Hamburgers and ice cream were what others insisted I try so I did.  Pizza is by far my favorite of America currently.  I've had a few foods from Mexico, uh, some food from other places that I can't name.  You'd be surprised how many options are in the town of beginnings."  The waitress walked over to them with a tray and handed them both a bowl of Ramen each.  Itzal closed his eyes in a quick prayer before he opened them again, wanting her to have the first bite and see how she liked it...  While also grabbing Velnia and ordering a smaller bowl for her.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*i listen to you talk and hear the words adoptive family. I decide not to pry into your life since you would share if you were comfortable doing so. I then smile a bit as the ramen gets put in front of me, as i look on how to eat ramen. Trying to remember on how people usually do so. I then notice chopsticks and holds them in one hand. I then freeze up as i realize i have no idea on how to eat this food. I slowly look up with a embarrassed look as i open my mouth and force myself to say. I've never had ramen....how do you use chopsticks? I ask having to force the words out do to my dislike of having to rely on others, or ask for help for anything since that means i am admitting defeat to not being able to do something on my own.

Itzal watched as Hestia picked up the utensils and froze up.  Itzal made a guess as to why and was accurate too.  She looked at the dish, then the tools, sitting there before forcing the request of how to use chopsticks.  He gave her an understanding smile before picking his up and showing her how to hold them.  "So you place them between your fingers like so," he said and showed and explained how to use them.  He waited for her to practice a bit, and would help her where she needed it, before he then showed her how she would pick up her food with it and let her practice with that as well.  He then waited for her to try picking something up and eating it before he did so as well.  The food was warm and it's familiarity was also comforting and welcoming to him.  Velnia got her bowl not too long after and she dug right in...  Literally, she practically dove into the liquid to devour all the food inside.  Itzal looked at her.  "If you eat slowly then you'll enjoy it more you know."

i smile happy that Itzal isn't a person to judge or joke about my inability at things that are new to me. Knowing quite a few people from my actual life who would've made quite a few jokes at me for not knowing. Whether they knew or not either wouldn't matter as they would joke along and act like they did. The thought of my old friends makes me sadly smile down at my bowl finding some tears start to form from missing my home, my family, and my old life. Knowing mom and sis must be worrying over me disparately doing everything they can with what money they have to keep me alive. I look down at my food and softly whisper. It's okay little sis big sis is on her way home just a bit longer okay. I'm not moping around any more. After saying these words softly i dig into my food while not looking at your face trying to hide the fact that tears have started to form a little bit. Not using my arm to wipe them away since it would give away what is happening. I just look down at my ramen and eats it slowly. Having difficulty at first, but slowly eating it do to inexperience and from taking your advice to eat it slowly. The warmth of the food also warming my soul and mood ever so slightly.

Itzal was glad to see that she was smiling again.  He knew that she hated it when others did stuff for her, but all he was doing was teaching her.  No harm in that right?  Of course if he realized that she was grateful he didn't laugh at her that would have brought up memories of the bullies, which of course weren't all that fun.  Individuals who broke you in every way in order to feel better about themselves?  It was a stupid concept and Itzal refused to be a part of it.  He liked to believe that all humans were equals.  When she smiled sadly however, and looked down, Itzal noticed the sadness, and when she looked up again, despite attempting to hide her potential tears, Itzal's scout eyes spotted them.  When she looked at him it would be clear that he noticed, however he would say nothing.  All he'd do was give a comforting nod.  She was the one who told him it was ok to cry, but he was willing to bet that she didn't want to do so in public.  As they started eating he could see her warming up a little so decided to start a conversation.  "Soooo, do you have any hobbies?  Draw?  Paint?  Sing?  Write?  SAO has most pastimes besides video games available."

pastimes? i say as i think on that question. What did i enjoy doing the most before being trapped in this video game. That seems so far from when i initially joined thinking it'd be a fun thing to play every now and then. Not knowing i'd be spending years in it. I remember liking to write, and i tried drawing but sadly wasn't the greatest at it. I do enjoy singing i would sing for hours on end before being trapped in this game. Now my singing voice has sadly been on break for that time so i would be rusty in that regard. I say with a happy smile as i grin as that part that SAO could mimic those hobbies come to mind. My mind racing through the potential of being able to write, or sing something based on my experiences which are vastly more diverse now that i have been immersed in this game then compared to my real life.

after responding to your question i go to continue my ramen having seen your nod and just hoping it was not for what i thinking it was for. Not wanting to seem so weak or vulnerable after having lived years of being the strong pillar to people that i have held close to my heart. The thought of being vulnerable or somehow ending in a situation where i wouldn't know what to do frightening me.

She took a moment to consider what pastimes she enjoyed and then gave them out to him.  Itzal smiled as he heard the small list.  Writing huh?  Itzal was wanting to create a virtual reality mmorpg after they got out of SAO.  He wondered if she would be interested in helping him come up with a story and lore for the game.  He currently had a small book with very detailed information on the mechanics of the system and achievements.  Very very detailed.  As for drawing, he was also horrible at it.  When she mentioned how she liked to sing he brightened a little, knowing they had something in common now besides video games.  "Is that so?  I'm horrible at drawing too.  I do have a question though, since you love singing.  What's your favorite song?"  He asked her.  Itzal knew she wanted to take on the familiar quest soon so he may as well craft her a familiar call when he returned home after today.  In regards to what she was thinking, Itzal believed the opposite.  Everyone was human, which meant that everyone had weaknesses. 

My favorite song. it's not that popular since it is only from youtube. But it's a song called. No one's in this alone. It's a song with a beautiful message that no matter how alone and secluded we feel in this world or any world. Their will be always someone fighting for us in the end. I tell you with a smile and chuckles a bit. Don't worry i know only a small amount of people know what the song actually is.So i wouldn't be surprised if you never heard of it before. I tell you with a smile as i continue eating the wonderful Ramen happily now taking my time as i do so to enjoy the flavor of the food. I look around the shop with a smile on my face as i view everything around here. From the wonderful atmosphere to the people that are talking about making the place seem much more lively then it would be at any other time if i was by my lonesome. Feeling glad to have some company.

Edited by Hestia

Itzal listened to her answer and smiled as he actually recognized this one.  It was indeed a good song, and sort of reminded Itzal of himself when he started.  Choosing to go solo until he ran into players who welcomed him with open arms...  That is, it was sort of like him as he was rather aggressive and emotional back then as well.  He nodded.  "Yeah, I actually do remember that song.  It's definitely a good one," He said to her with a smile.  He chuckled and added, "It helps that I had no actual life before this game, and that I loved listening to music."  It was of course why he chose the performer profession, despite it's lack of much use at all.  He took another bite of the food and heard a burp, looking to his right as Velnia had finished her bowl entirely and was now sniffing into Itzal's bowl, hoping for more.  He stared at her with disbelief before sighing, taking a large bite, and handing her the rest of his food, which she dived into.

i smile a bit happily hearing that you actually know the song. Surprised that someone would know it. I then hear the burp and see it is from Velnia. The sight of the happy dragon burping causing me to giggle a bit with a smile. I then giggle even more seeing you give more food to the cute little dragon. Music is something beautiful no matter what. It is something that can touch everyone's heart or soul no matter who they are. Their will be some type of music for them at every moment of life. That is the beauty of music. I say with a happy smile.  With that being the reason i have loved to sing since music is something amazing in all aspects of it. So after this amazing meal where do you want to head to first? i ask you curiously. Getting me gear if you're wiling to pay for it that is of course.  I say with a embarrassed blush at having to ask that. For you to pay for me. I then focus back on my ramen and starts to finish it up.

Itzal was happy to know that she appreciated music as much as he did.  He listened to her as she talked about how music could touch anyone's soul no matter who they were, and how there was always music for any moment or need.  He nodded with a smile.  "Not only that, but just like with art, your heart, your feelings, your past is written into the songs.  You can't hide anything with songs.  Even the songs you enjoy listening to reveal what your like on the inside."  She then asked him what he thinks they should do after the meal was over with.  Before he answered she reminded him about her gear and chuckled with a smile, noticing her embarrassed blush.  He waved the matter away.  "Of course I'll pay for it, I don't have any more need for materials or col.  Come on, let's go ahead and get you some gear," he said.  The waitress came over and he paid for the meal and would stand up when she finished hers, smiling as he did so.

*i smile happily and nod in agreement as i quickly finish up the ramen and then stands up also. Making sure we don't forget the little cutie Velnia as we leave. Yeah i guess it's  true music and other pieces of art tell a story in every sense. Be it a event, your feelings, or thoughts. When you create you show yourslef to the world unlike any other moment in time. Since as you said you can't hide who you are through music. I say with a happy smile. as i then follow you out of the shop with cute little Velnia as we make our way to the armor shop to get me some new gear, and maybe weapon shop if you think i need a upgrade in that also. Just willing to follow you and your advice since you seem willing to help me through these things knowing i can trust you more then anything else.

Edited by Hestia