[ PP - F02 ] Five Feet Closer w/ Pinball & Dustin

A white lion burst from the trees, and Pinball whirled around to see Hestia charging into the clearing. Kuro pinned Dustin to the floor, who Pinball had just watched pathetically beg Kirbs for her dagger to keep fighting. It was at that moment, when all hell broke loose, that Pinball finally snapped back to reality. 
What the hell am I doing?
As the adrenaline faded and turned to panic, he felt like he could puke right then and there. He turned to face Hestia, taking note of her glowing sword and raised shield. It all felt so surreal. Hestia? Looking at me like that? He glanced back over to to the armless Dustin and the presumably revolted Kirbs. He then felt his head swivel slowly back over to Hestia, his mouth hanging open. Then his expression hardened again, but this time it was only tight with fear and sadness and anger and disgust. 
There, you got what you wanted. 
You've made your impression. 

And though he hated himself for it, Pinball raised his hand, slowly lowering DawnBringer. He let the blade pass carefully through the leather hoop on his belt that functioned as a makeshift sheath, not breaking eye contact with Hestia. Zomekko unwrapped herself from Dustin's weapon and his arm, to reform as a ghostly cat on his shoulder staring blankly at the surrounding players with large, white eyes. 
Then, as quick as he possibly could, he threw himself backwards, away from the lion and the girl and the tank, yanking out a crystal from his belt in the same motion. 
He raised it above his head, and shouted in a shaky yet somehow confident voice, "Teleport! Urbus!"
He'd have to be quick. He couldn't be there long, or he'd be attacked by guards on sight - so, as soon as he reappeared, he'd have to hop on the teleport pad, shout his command, and then make a run for it before anybody or anything could pursue him.
They'd leave him alone now, right? Everyone. 
And Pinball vanished in a flash of blue light, leaving the angry tank, bewildered newbie, and crippled swordsman in the shady clearing full of flowers. 

Consumed: [x1] Teleportation Crystal 

<<PINBALL LEAVES THE THREAD>> 

@Kirbs @Dustin @Hestia

Edited by Pinball

Kirbs recoiled and frowned. “Are you crazy, dude? No way! My precious dagger is not being used to kill Richard over here. Plus, I don’t want your other hand to be bloody chopped off!.” She took a quick glance at his weakened state and felt sick all over again. I feel sick again. Is it even possible to throw up in this game?! She jumped when a lion pinned the crippled boy to the ground. Holy bajeesus. The universe in definitly not in bloody favor today! She looked towards the owner of the familiar and blinked. Front liner? Okay, okay. Now I’m confused. This is so confusing! 

Mit wasn’t a while later until Pinball quickly made his escape. This whole day has been crazy. Madness I tell you! Dustin being... that. And Richard- I mean, Pinball running away. She regained her composure and looked at the ground with a solemn face. But why didn’t I do anything to help?

@Pinball @Dustin @Hestia

Dustin lies on the ground, pinned by the lion. Not angry at Hestia, or at the lion, angry at himself. What were you thinking Dustin? You knew damn well you couldn’t handle Pinball, but you tried to do this alone. Tears begin to roll down his face once more. The lion pinning him down crushing him to the floor remains, and the boy tries to speak, very weak and tired voice rings out. “I’m sorry.” It sounded vulnerable, and yet unwavering. Like he knew it was his fault he was in that state and no one could tell him otherwise. You’re useless, just like before. Just like when you let them kill Kadin. You’re the reason your brother is dead, and you’re the reason Pinball is still out there. His crying stops, allowing him to breathe properly. This world was the only place I ever felt useful. A sword in my hands and my brother by my side has been my dream since I was 8. Now I know, that feeling was a lie. He looks at Kirbs and Hestia, more so at Hestia. “Thanks for coming. I would’ve died without you saving me.” His voice different now. He didn’t sound thankful, or sad, or scared, he sounded like he would’ve rather been dead.

@Hestia @Pinball @Kirbs

Once observing the spear user leaving the site i slice at the air in front of me to kill the sword art and let my energy recover naturally due to the use of my sword arts as i than put away my sword into its sheathe and my shield back into my inventory as i walk over towards the two players as i let out a sharp whistle again. Upon hearing the whistle the lion turns back to me only to see me snap my fingers as the lion nods getting off dustin carefully to avoid harming the player anymore and to walk over towards me and stick close towards my side as i look between the player and listen to their words as i observe the situation. 'Dustin red HP, missing hand, sounds broken and looks broken. Queasy player most likely new from the reaction and didn't know or learn about the dark side of this world possibly?' i wonder to myself silently as i gaze between the individuals as i take a calming breathe knowing i have to follow protocol as i think back to the lessons that my father had taught me for if i ever did go into his line of work. A small smile appears on my face for the briefest of moments as i think about those games of playing police and knowing on how to handle a situation when coming upon a crime scene and what to do in that situation. 'Step one comfort the victims and help the out if they are traumatized or injured.' I think to myself as i also take out a notebook as i flip open to the first page of the new notebook that i had bought for the one thing i am going to do now for the sake of safety. Writing upon the notebook are the words. "Criminal wanted alive for questioning. Pinball a former spear user that has the capacity of freeze, as of current the suspect is using a one handed sword assume still dangerous and hostile. Crimes- ??? When showing up to the scene of the crime found player named Dustin missing a hand from injuries sustained during the fight, and another player whose name is ?? looking rather off put by the scene to put it lightly. Expect some mild trauma from this event to both" 'time to do what i need to do.'

Kneeling down towards the one handed DPS man with a suicide wish i press my hand gently against the digitized stump that is slowly filling back up as the HP is restored as i activate field medic and continuously does so slowly bringing back the hand as i smile gently down towards the brown haired player. Come on now. No need to stay down their is no one dead here. Nobody died today during this fight even though you did cut it a bit close. Just stay calm and let me do my healing thing okay? I ask Dustin in a gentle tone of voice as i glance over towards Kirbs and gives her a rather serious look with my blue colored eyes. Now if you don't mind me asking ma'am. May i have your name for the record, along with a detailed account of what exactly happened here before i showed up? I'm not asking Dustin here since he seems to be rather hurt and injured here. my familiar walks on over towards the dark haired girl and looks at her with a rather apathetic look upon his face as he does so seemingly waiting to hear the question also.

@Dustin@Kirbs

Kirbs fidgetted with her fingers as she watched Hestia perform her ‘magic’ on Dustin. At least he isn’t dead. She smacked herself in the head. Idiot! What was I even doing when they were fighting? God, I’m such a bloody idiot. She continued to face palm herself as her mind went blank. Idiot, idiot, idiot. She jumped at the sound of Hestia and smiled nervously. “Uhm. Well, you see... uh. Well what happened... is, uhm,” she sputtered, not really sure what words she should be using to explain what had just happened. “Richard- Pinball... Dustin... sword... scary... hand... off? Ghost cat...! Uhm. Crystal... poof.” She sweatdropped and let out another nervous chuckle. “So... yeah..!” She flashed another ‘smile’ at Hestia before speeding walking over to Dustin. 

“How’s it going?” She asked as she drummed her fingers on the side of her thigh. “Rough day, am I right?” Rough is a large understatement.

@Dustin @Hestia

Dustin rolls over, looking up at kirbs with a smile on his face. “Thank God you’re not hurt.” He flicks her in the forehead. “You should’ve run when I told you to.” He says, his face a playful angry. “But in all seriousness, you did good.” He sits up and looks over at the tank who had saved him. “Hestia, I’ll tell you everything, just give me time to recuperate. It was really confusing fighting Pinball.” He says, standing up and Patton Kirbs on the head. “Miss redcoat over there pulled me here to confront the man who attacked her. That’s when the fight started. It was partly my fault, so I’ll take half of the blame.” He looks back to where Pinball and his arm had been. “Though I wasn’t able to do a damn thing. I’m weak and useless, especially now.” His eyes looks down to his hand and back at Hestia. “Remember my promise though. I will get to the frontlines, and I will stop that son of a b*tch.” His feet make him turn as he makes his way back over to kirbs. “Did he hurt you this time?” He looks to where his former partner had disappeared from and a tear rolls down his face. There goes another person I cared about. I guess there’s no use for someone like me. He plops down and leans against a tree, trying to hide the pain in his eyes. “It’s not over ‘til it’s over Pinball.” He says.

@Hestia @Kirbs

Edited by Dustin

I sigh softly but nods my head as i hear the words that the woman says as i can't be that upset in the end though for her attitude since it isn't everyday you watch a rather bad battle happen quickly followed with the fact that it was Pinball of all people doing such behavior. 'Something must've happened to him though i first need to see how he got to orange in the first place.' I think to myself as i glance towards Dustin and than the unnamed woman who i could only call red for now if i needed some kind of name.  Taking out a small crystal i activate it as i look to the two players. Now than i am Hestia, i am going to be acting as a police chief of Aincrad once i can get a prison formed up and a police force gathered. Now than this event was done by a player named Pinball who had an orange crystal when i arrived onto the scene. So than the story begins with you ma'am if Dustin's words are to be believed. SO than why don't you introduce yourself stating your name clearly into the crystal and tell me how and why this Pinball got into a fight with you, and if he had his orange crystal before you had met him. Please do take your time to collect your thoughts to be able to remember each detail in as much detail as possible it will help with investigations to figure out what to do with this. After that Dustin i would like you to recount the events that lead up to your confrontation with Pinball and teh details of the fight before, during, and after it happened please from your perspective as one of the combatants against criminal Pinball. I say in a very calm manner of voice speaking as if this was a rather normal event as i move the recording crystal over towards the unnamed female that is with myself and Dustin as i look towards her with a gentle look to try and not to much pressure upon her. While i have the crystal over towards her i have a pen in my other hand and my familiar holding my notebook open to a page with the details of Pinball as a wanted criminal ready to write down the details as well to create a sufficient report.

@Dustin@Kirbs

Kirbs blinked at the recording crystal and sighed. ‘Be the hero,’ she said. ‘It’s worth it,’ she said. She shook her head with a frown and coughed. “Uhm. Okay, here it goes? Uh, my name is Kirbs. As in the video game character, yeah, that thing. Uh, I met Ri- Pinball a few days ago when I was back in Urbis. I just heard that he was like, out here? I don’t know. When I came out of town to look around, I found him sleeping on the grass. Weirdly enough, I woke him up— which I will not explain how. But uhm... I kind of helped him on a quest I guess? I’m not sure if I did it accidentally but I helped him with this quest. And uh, during the middle of it, he kind of like, stunned me? I don’t know, I just remember being beyond pissed and stuff. And then he left me with the bloody child, and that’s basically it.” She took in a sharp breath and exhaled. “Not bad for my first interrogation, eh?” She grinned foolishly to herself, mostly just wanting to ease the thick tension in the air.

@Dustin @Hestia

Dustin looks up to Hestia. “Are we talking all the way back, like why we fought? Or are you saying like what caused the fight here?” He asks. Of course the nature of the question would change the answer. “In short, I almost dated Pinball, then I saw he had an orange cursor, and I lost control. During the fight, I had no control, but I could tell Pinball wanted to do everything he did. And then he removed my arm.” He looks over at Kirbs. “Actually, Kirbs over there saved my life, had she’s not shouted and brought me back to my senses, It would’ve been my head you had to regenerate for me.” He smiles to the girl who had stood on the sidelines the whole time. “But that doesn’t make me any more happy that you stayed. I told you to run, you should’ve listened to me.” He shouts at her. Then he turns to Hestia. “And you, I’m not happy you pinned me down, but thanks, I would’ve fought til I died.” I’m still going after him, he stole my sword. “Also Pinball stoke my sword.” He adds on the end.

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

I nod my head calmly as i hear the details of the events that had transpired as i take away the crystal deactivating its recording function as i look between the two players and offers a gentle smile and a small look of pride as i look between the two players. First off a word of congratulations to the two of you for managing to live even if barely in the case of you Dustin since he was a T2 players and you didn't die immediately. However, you should know that it is because he either chose not to kill you or he didn't take you seriously enough to use his spear against you Dustin since if he used his spear you would've died immediately just another name on the monument. Kirbs i congratulate you on giving him a warning to make sure he wasn't dead immediately due ot the actions of Pinball. Now that i've congratulated the two of you i will have to ask the duo of you to please not get into a fight with Pinball no matter what since he is clearly mentally unstable if he is willing to take these actions compared to how he use to be. Furthermore. I say as i pause and stare directly at Dustin as i continue to heal him back up to full as i give him a rather angry look. Don't be a complete idiot and get yourself killed by fighting people obviously stronger than you! You said you wouldn't go and get yourself killed by basically committing suicide and trying to fight Pinball is doing just that you dunce! I say in a angry and frustrated tone as my lion lets out a low rumble of a growl from its mouth as it rests beside me having sensed my annoyance as i nod my head after a few more minutes as i stand back up having healed Dustin back to full and thus healed up his avatar to normal.

Now that i've said this clearly i know Dustin is too stubborn to not back down, but what about you Kirbs? You going to chase after this criminal? I ask this since as i said i'm going to from the APD and to do so i will need guards for the prison i will form, and i will need actual police to CAPTURE the criminals in question. I say as i stare down dustin for a brief moment when i say the word capture for him to get the point of what i am asking as i look between the two lower leveled players with a look of seriousness in my blue colored eyes. This is something that is meant to be taken with seriousness. Since if you join the APD as a fighter or guardsman you better get use to aggressive individuals. If you don't want to join but support its cause we will take any col or food donations since we're not going to be cruel and unusual to our prisoners by not giving them food. I say calmly towards the woman knowing that i shouldn't expect anything from a yes or no response from a stranger, but Dustin i can easily imagine as a attacker or if things get worse i should expect another Aereth to keep in check. Also Dustin i won't apologize for sicking Kuro on you. I know how you are and i didn't want you to continue to push yourself into a fight you lost.

@Dustin@Kirbs

“Mentally unstable is correct,” she sniffed, looking over too Dustin. “But wait a minute. You... almost. Dated. Richard?!” She screeched, deciding to use that nickname for a long, long while. She shut her eyes and massaged the sides of her head with her hands. “Jesus Christ, I can’t get images out of my head now! Thanks a lot Dustin!” She frowned and glared at the boy. 

I raised my hands up in defense. “Oi, I ain’t dumb like him,” she said teasingly. “But trouble always finds me so what am I supposed to do?” I threw my hands in the air anxiously. “I didn’t choose thug life, thug life chose me,” she muttered under her breath with a snicker. The player shrugged her shoulders. “If I have to answer this honestly, I’m not such a big fan of large groups, and I’m practically broke as hell. I’ll think about it though.”

@Hestia @Dustin

Dustin smiles. A police force. I can get behind that. “Hey, Hestia, you got room in that force for a useless piece of junk?” He asks? She’s not gonna be happy having to watch me all the time. Though it would be easier than her spying on me all the time. “I’ll keep under control, I swear. And as for spreading the word, I have a contact, her name is Ennakai, she’s my sweet.” He grins, growing a bit red. He looks at the tank. “Also, I wasn’t expecting an apology.” He pats the lady on the back, standing up and moving over to the brunette. “Anyways I gotta jet, shoot me a message when you start up the police force, I’ll have to talk to Stryder and the gang.” Dustin slips his hands into his pockets and begins to walk away. He stops turning and leaning against a tree, pulling out a cigar and lighting it. This world needs a police force, plus I can take care of the p.o.s. who killed Kadin. And if it comes to it, I’ll just go “awol.” He chuckles releasing a little smoke. “I’m serious about helping you out. If you ever need it or want it, I’ll help you out. It’s all I’m good for.” He nods, hiding the pain behind his voice.

@Hestia @Kirbs

I smile as i hear the responses i get from the two players in front of me as i keep them in mind as i open up my notebook and starts to create a list of people that will be willing to side with me in the end for this police force as i glance through the names as i can see that in theory it would be enough to make a guild for it. 'It would be enough, but i would need to separate and basically ask them to leave whatever guilds they could be apart of to do so...i think i can't afford that if they are already apart of another guild. I would need to either find people who aren't part of a guild to join me to form the base of command, and than just make alliances with the guilds as a way of seeing who likes the idea and who doesn't like it.' I think to myself calmly as i nod my head towards the brown haired player as i put away my sword, shield, and even my armor as normal vanity clothes appear on my body of a white T-shirt, blue jacket, and long black pants. I thank you both for helping me out with this, and Dustin i will get into contact with this Ennakai unless you're willing to lead the way to her so i can talk about this information spreading business. I say to the reckless one of the two as i than look towards Kirbs and others a gentle smile. And you. Think about my offer as long as you need to the APD isn't going anywhere and neither am i since i am as tough as they come around these parts within the game. If you ever need a home or a safe space feel free to hit me up with a message you can find my shop on the fourth floor a little bit out of town, and you can find where i live at the 8th floor you'll be able to tell by finding the mansion that is north of town. I didn't buy it if you're wondering my friend owns it and let me live their.