[ PP - F02 ] Five Feet Closer w/ Pinball & Dustin

Kirbs tugged on Dustin's sleeve. "Okay, let me cut to the chase here." She led him through crowds of people, making sure she was tracing steps from the exact day. "So a few days ago, I was here, right? And I met this dude, right? Let's just call him Richard. Okay, so I met a guy named Richard outside of town. And guess what? He was an orange player! So Iike, I wanted to tell you, but I was too lazy, y'know? So skip all the boring stuff. He went into this cave, and I followed after him. Blah, blah, fighting a bunch of bats. And get this, he stunned me! The bloody fool frekin' stunned me! I mean, I thought it was all over, but I think he just wanted me to shut up... but I demand justice! So can you please, please, please help me?" She turned to face him and pouted. "He should be just outside of town, though."

@Pinball @Dustin

Dustin stumbled as he was yanked through a crowd of people. “Kirbs damnit, calm down. I’ll help you, just lead the way.” He says, trying to stay upright. All I wanted to do was stock up on snacks, and maybe go hunting in a few hours. Guess I have to help first, Kadin would’ve been so much better at doing this. His hand moves to his sword draws it slightly as he walks. I should be ready, but I don’t want to scare the crowd of people here and alert Richard. He sheathes it all the way. “I need Deets, and about how much damage he did to you. Should I go get Ennakai to help? Or someone from the frontlines?” He talks as he walks, trying to see how hard he’ll have to try. This could be anyone, and he could be as strong as Hestia for all Dustin knew. Oh damn, way to go, now you’re nervous idiot. Once she gives an answer, Then we can start making assumptions. His hands move into his pockets and he gets ready to reach the edge of town, just a staircase and a huge gate away was grass instead of the boring brick roads of the first town.

@Pinball@Kirbs

Edited by Dustin

Pinball didn't even really like fish. He preferred alligator.
But, he wouldn't find alligators on this floor. He was surprised he had been lucky enough to find a fish this size at all! 
Pinball was in a small forest clearing; well, not so much of a clearing, really, than a gap in the dense forest where the trees happened to stop growing for a few yards. But the grassy area here was fluffy and the trees cast dark shadows over his little break in the woods. Being so shady, he was surprised that flowers even grew here, but they did - purples and whites and blues, all desperate to soak up what little sunlight the clearing allowed. Pinball figured that when the sun went down, he'd get a nice view of the stars, too. 
It was cloudy and a bit breezy now, but he hoped the weather would clear up by nightfall.

Pinball sat on a fallen tree he had rolled over to the campsite. His sword was out and he was resting his head on the hilt, watching the fire slowly eat away at the uncooked fish. Thick, black, curly wisps of smoke rose from the bonfire, leaving a steady but thin trail of grey that rose up and over the neighboring trees. Soon, he'd be able to take a bite from the impressive fish hanging over those burning logs, but for now... he felt himself falling asleep.
Just for a little while, he decided, letting his eyes slowly close. 

Edited by Pinball

She growled and pulled him by the ear. "Don't tell me to calm down. I am calm!" She hissed, dragging him to the town's exit. "Don't tell me to calm down, you're the one who should calm down!" She mumbled a few curses and looked at the sky. "He should be here somewhere... aha! Over there!" The brunette pointed to a line of smoke that trailed up to the sky. "I bet you that's him, hurry up! Stop being a Slowpoke!" She ran towards the forest, her hand still tightly grasped around his sleeve. " I don't know. It did a good chunk. Maybe around twenty?" She paused, looking around for anything to help her. When she saw a familiar mop of black hair, she broke out into a grin. "There's the bugger!" She raced up to him and frowned. "He's sleeping again? He was like this last time I met him." She nudged kicked his head with her foot. "Wake up, bloody prick."

@Dustin @Pinball

“Pinball?” Dustin says, as it was the only word he could muster. He never thought he’d see the boy again, but here he was. Then Dustin’s eyes lock on Pinball’s orange cursor. Damn it. Is that why? Oh Pinball you damn fool, I’m gonna take your head for that. His face morphs to show his pent up anger and he chucks a rock at his head. “Hey dillhole! Get up! We have some unfinished business you and I.” He smiles with a grin so cocky that not even Kayaba could wear it. What are you doing Dustin? Pinball can kill you, you should’ve called Hestia you idiot. His face morphs to a grimace as he realizes the mistake he made. “Might as well go all the way, god knows I wanted to before.” He draws his blade in a flurry of lightning. “Grab your spear, we’re doing this.” He says.

@Pinball

A dull thud on the side of his head roused him up, and then another, smaller but sharper pain caused him to whip his head around. People were shouting. People? 
His vision focused. Two players were in his clearing, but they weren't attacking him yet, so that was good. Were they hunters?
Wait...
The girl closest to him, Pinball recognized. It was the girl from the cave that had followed Pinball around that one time. God, so she ratted me out. A rush of anger washed over him then. She could handle her easily, he knew. But who was the hunter? He looked over to the guy who had been shouting at him, and his heart dropped in his chest. This wasn't supposed to happen. No, no, no, he silently lamented, standing. Completely ignoring the girl, his eyes locked on to Dustin. He saw his outstretched weapon and the intent in his eyes. "Don't make me do this," he said softly... but the rusty sword he held in his hand ignited in shadowy flame as Zomekko's gaseous form encapsulated the length of the blade. 

Edited by Pinball

“So his name isn’t Richard after all,” she mumbled, looking at the ground in disappointment. “Wait, hold on. You two know each other?” She gaped at both Dustin and Pinball. “Please dont tell me you were friends with this doofus!” She pointed an accusing finger at the orange player. Lord have mercy on me, I thought I’ve seen enough drama! She pulled on Dustin’s ear and growled. “Nuh-uh. Dustin. You were here to come as by backup! This isn’t supposed to be a 1v1!” Why do I feel like this is inevitable? She sighed and face palmed herself. “Okay, okay. Forget that stupid plan I had or something. Let’s talk this out like reasonable people, okay?” She gritted out, nudging both of them harshly with her elbows. “So, for the talking out part. Care to inform me of something I should most definitely know about right now?” She casted an accusing glance at Dustin.

@Dustin @Pinball

“Nothing happened.” He growls at the girl. It’s not that he was angry, it was that if he was gonna fight his former paramore, he’d have to keep him at arms length, but Pinball is faster than Dustin. “Pinball, you don’t have to do this. But it looks like Zomekko wants to.” His eyes scan and lock on the gaseous cat as he makes a face of inner turmoil. “What did you do to get that orange cursor?” He asks. He had forgotten about it up until then. That’s when he dropped his sword, as tears form under his eyes. “Don’t tell me... Did you kill someone?” He asks, clenching his sword as tightly as he can. I almost went out with this prick. What the hell was I thinking? He looks at Kirbs. “Kirbs, this boy can squash us both in seconds, keep your guard up and go look for Hestia. Tell her Dustin is in trouble and needs her help. And if Ennakai asks, I’m out farming monsters in the field.” Dustin raises his sword into the stance that He uses when ready to fight. The blade rests on his bicep as he locks his eyes on his target, the other had holding the opposite forearm. His body lowers and his shoulders slightly tilt towards the boy.

@Pinball @Kirbs

He could hear the anger in Dustin's voice when he confronted him about his cursor. Or was it disappointment? A mix of both?
Pinball looked away, glaring at the ground beside him, his sword still gripped in one hand, glowing with Zomekko's ominous, shadowy aura. He didn't answer, but his whole body felt chilly, and he could almost feel tears welling up in his eyes. But then...
“Kirbs, this boy can squash us both in seconds, keep your guard up and go look for Hestia. Tell her Dustin is in trouble and needs her help. And if Ennakai asks, I’m out farming monsters in the field.”
Pinball's heart dropped, and his eyes snapped back on to Dustin. He couldn't handle Hestia. He could barely handle these two with the way he was! Pinball's heart started to race, and his hands started to shake. He couldn't let that happen. 
But Dustin is stubborn! He wouldn't let Pinball get away that easily. He'd throw himself at him until Pinball was on the brink of death - and he'd only stop trying if he dropped dead himself. So, Pinball was at a split in the road. He could drop his sword, and ask for forgiveness. He could accept his crimes for what they were, both the emotional and the killing. But he knew if he was forgiven, he'd just hurt people again.
That's all I ever do. Hurt people.
Again and again, he'd come crawling back, begging for a second chance, when he didn't deserve it. And then, when he got that chance, he squandered it, and the cycle would repeat itself. Pinball pointed his sword at Dustin, his face twisting in a mixture of anger, regret, and despair. 
I'm not going to let that happen. Not again.
Make them hate you. Make them hurt to the point where they don't care anymore. 
You chose this, and now you'll stick with it. 

He grit his teeth, and without another word, Pinball threw himself forward, activating his Charge skill. His speed doubled, then tripled, until he was practically a blur in the eyes of most players, leaving an evanescent trail of wispy shadow. He passed Kirbs in an instant - she wasn't his target. Not right now. His sword glowed, and he brought them down on @Dustin in two wickedly swift, consecutive slashes. 

"Uh, are you dumb?" Kirbs furrowed her brows as she kept her eyes on Dustin. "There is no way I am going to let you stay here with... him!" She pointed a finger at Pinball. "If he can squash us both, what chance does that give you, you moron? I mean, we can work this out or whatever. Whatever the problem you two had in the past, let's just sort it out, yeah?" She looked at both of them with a nervous and crooked smile. Great, this is working out pretty smoothly, kind of? And why do they sound so pissed to see each other anyway?

Her smile quickly vanished as she felt something rush past her at amazing speeds. "Wait a minute, bloody moron! what happened to sorting it out? Like, good buddies or something?" She clammed her mouth shut as she watched Pinball slash at her friend. Oh, bloody hell.

@Dustin @Pinball

Edited by Kirbs

Dustin’s face morphs, taking the full force of both hits and being pushed back a little. His eyes pan over the player, but they focus on the orange cursor. He’s a monster. He looks Pinball in the eyes. “You’re not the Pinball I cared about. You’re a monster. No better than the man who killed Kadin.” He pulls his sword up and lunges forward, pushing his blade forward in a feigned thrust, but spinning and slashing. “You’re a monster. I can’t forgive you this time.” His speed in his movement comparable to Pinball’s. Though not as fast, Dustin’s speed had grown greatly since the night of hunting they had together. He flips his blade around and jumps, doing a flip in the air and landing further away from Pin that before. If I can keep my distance, I may be able to mosquito his health away as we go. He draws back his sword and it glows blue, as he locks his vision on Pinball. “Damnit Kirbs, I can handle him long enough for you to get help, go.” He says, dropping his gaze back onto the boy. “Come on. You’ve killed before, just make me one of your ‘worthless victims.’” He says, launching back in and activating his sword art.

@Pinball @Kirbs @Hestia

Killers the one thing in this game that most players can agree is something that needs to be stopped with having no means to do so at the moment at their disposal to try and clean up the world that has been created without resorting to becoming the monsters that they hate. 'To stop a killer you need to become one as Aereth has proven as of this moment that is the world we live in. I just need time to change that to find the one area in this game that can support my idea than i can do so.' I think to myself as i head to the latest location of what i had heard while investigating and doing my patrols through the floors one that would certainly scare and stop development of players if left to their own devices and even end the lives depending on how strong and volatile the individual would be. Having heard and learn of the location of a killer whose description matches no known killers that i would know of off the top of my head from the simple fact the only dark haired killer whose face would be seen is Aereth, maybe Seul depending if he would even be on such a floor as weak as this one. 'I could believe Seul to do something like this he is the crazy one among the killers i know since even Oikawa seemed stable when compared to him and Oikawa freakin killed one of Aincrad's strongest players. Even if said player was not the nicest person to put it lightly if what i have heard about him is true.'

As his sword strokes landed two, carving straight red gashes into Dustin's avatar, Pinball felt something he hadn't felt in a very long time during a fight: adrenaline. 
For a second, it almost felt like he was having fun. Pinball hopped back shortly, not doing much to put distance between him and the sandy-haired swordsman. He held his sword loosely in his grip, expecting some kind of retaliation, but not knowing when to expect it. 
“You’re not the Pinball I cared about. You’re a monster. No better than the man who killed Kadin.”
And it was then he felt a chill run down his back, for immediately following that statement, Dustin attacked - way faster than he had expected. Pinball barely had time to twist, the edge of Dustin's sword, scraping across his stomach and the thin leather plates he called "armor". Pinball staggered backwards, quickly recovering. He cursed, then glared back up at Dustin, then his face softened. What the hell am I doing? 
Pinball threw himself backwards, an impressive distance for a single push off the ground. He held his sword in front of him, but that was it. His form was loose and sagging, his grip on his sword deceptively loose. He couldn't go through with this. 
I have to.. have to figure something else out. Some other way to stop this... His mind raced, trying to find the perfect solution to his current predicament; and then he had it. 
Pinball stood there. Perfectly still. Silent, and unmoving. And then, though it hurt him like hell to do, he forced a smile. "Let's finish our competition.
And for another, sick moment of clarity, Pinball couldn't shake this horrible, morbid excitement. 

“I need some explaining, please! Do you just expect me to stand here and do nothing when you guys are making your fantasy dreams come to life? Hell no!” Kirbs frowned at both of them. “This is what happens when I make friends with people!” The brunette exclaimed to herself as she paced around. “‘Make friends so you don’t die’ and ‘knowing people will put you less in danger’. To hell with that bull! I call blasphemy!” She glared at Dustin. “And you! I want a bloody explanation right this instant!” She could swear that steam was blowing out of her ears. She turned to Pinball and her frown grew even deeper. “And you! Why are you such a bloody jerk, huh? I swear to god, it’s like you want people to rip your head off! If this was real life, I swear to god... I’d be playing football with your head!”

@Dustin @Pinball @Hestia

The boy stands as his old friend stood a good distance from his sword. He hears Pinball’s voice and his heart drops. “I guess it’s only proper that we do.” His eyes lose all sense of remorse and sadness, with a blank face, Dustin rockets in. Is this it? Is this how I die? His vision passes in slow motion. What am I doing? I cared about Pinball, now I’m trying to kill him? His hand with his sword raises and Dustin keeps going. I can’t do anything, why can’t I control myself? It’s like watching a movie starring you. Like being a puppet with no control over what I do. His hand slashed down with a feral ferocity as he almost snarls. The blade falls short an inch or so and Dustin moves to the other side of the dark haired player and attempts to attack from behind. Woah, I went to hit him from behind. Sh*t he’s too fast, this is gonna end badly. His blank stare watches as the blade closes in on the boy. Suddenly Kirb’s words bring Dustin back to his senses, his face morphs and he hesitates on the swing. I’m back, time to move. The boy drops his upper body back, in case the enemy counters. This creates an obvious opening, and Dustin knew it was coming. This is incredibly stupid, I’ve lost. “DAMNIT!” He shouts, knowing he had set himself up for loss.

@Pinball @Kirbs @Hestia

I make my way through the second floor at a rather fast pace of movement in terms of base walking from having chosen to speed walk the entire distance not viewing this possibility as too risky to do from the simple fact that most players would know to stay away from orange cursors at all costs. Than there was the fact that the man was lying face first on teh ground meaning he had passed out or asleep making the situation that much more easy to avoid getting into confrontation with the player in question from people who wouldn't want to get involved with such a thing. Making my way through the vast forest towards the cave where the bats are located at i watch as the small faints signs of smoke rise up above the trees as i nod my head figuring that is about in the right direction and if anything a solid lead towards finding my killer. Walking in the direction i hear some short clangs of weaponry as my eyes widen as the speed walking turns int oa full on sprint as i equip my frontline level gear from shield to sword ready to burst in and fight whatever is attacking as i can only hope it is players against a monster.

As i arrive onto the scene i quickly do a small scan of what i am viewing seeing a orange crystal and green crystal being close together as i glance dance watching as the players are the last ones i would expect to be the case. 'Pinball is....no this has to be a mistake.' I think to myself as i force myself to look away to spot one more player a female from the looks of things. While i am surveying the area Kuro lets out a low growl while staring down Pinball as i can only give the lion a nod a silent command that if the spear wielder would try to continue the fight in any fashion he would have permission to try and pin him down. Before i could say anything-

Pinball let Dustin come. Wait for it. He watched him charge. Almost. 
And Pinball let him attack, only taking a short, reflexive step back - Dustin's sword strike fell short. It all seemed like it happened in slow motion. Dustin whirled around, trying to spin around him to strike him across the back, but Pinball was quicker than that. He wouldn't be able to catch throw him off his balance that easily. 
For a second, he was brought back to the mountain top. A man, falling backwards in front of him, knowing they were defeated. The anger in those eyes! The disgust! He'd be disgusted, normally, but it was weird now. He was brought back to that silent, slow moment before the kill, where time seemed to crawl slowly along, dragging behind with it the crippling weight of every little thing happening in that exact moment. Every little thing he knew he'd eventually come to regret. This time though, there was a break in that silence: 
"DAMNIT!
and Pinball grinned. 
In a fluid motion that seemed almost choreographed, Pinball spun around to meet him, seeing him lean back in an attempt to correct his fatal mistake - but he had been too slow.
And Pinball's blade passed through his sword hand like butter, cutting the arm just past his elbow clean off with a sickening crunch that sent a morbid echo across the silent forest. 
Pinball remembered a spray of red pixels, his Rusty Sword snapping in two pieces, retrieving Dustin's now unequipped sword from the fluffy, flowered glass... and then he was glaring at Kirbs, Zomekko coiling around his newfound weapon, a strange look in his eyes.
But!
He felt something. Something watching him. And through the greenery he could make out the faint glimmer of armor in the sun. 

DESTROYED: [Vanity 1H Straight Sword] Rusty Sword 
Gained[Perfect T1 1H Straight Sword] DawnBringer: +2 DMG, +1 Paralyze

“Answer me, you bloody idiots!” She seethed. She closed her eyes and sighed. Massaging her temples, she let out a low huff. I’m going to die of stress. Jesus Christ. When is anyone going to ever listen to me? It’s bloody insane! She looked up and froze. Everything seemed to freeze at that exact moment. What the fu- She covered her mouth as she watched Dustin’s hand get blown off. So there she was, her eyes flickering at both handless Dustin and Pinball. “I think I’m going to be sick,” she bent over and coughed violently. Well... that was unexpected. Very, very unexpected. She swallowed and looked up from her vulnerable position. Her gaze shifted from the disabled Dustin to the unreadable Pinball. The brunette visibly flinched when she locked eyes with the orange player but she quickly shook it off. I am going to drop kick your bloody head one day. I swear it.

@Hestia @Dustin @Pinball

Dustin’s face fills with rage, followed quickly by fear. What the? I have no arm. His eyes lock on Pinball as he drops to his knees. A thunderous cry of a mix of shock and fear rings out of the boy’s mouth as he holds his arm. His body hunches over as he screams, broken body and broken spirit the boy’s eyes fill with tears. I’m useless. I couldn’t help Kirbs, nor could I handle Pinball. I might as well be forgotten. His stump slams into the ground as he struggles to stand up. “I have to keep fighting.” He says quietly to himself, hoping someone can hear him. His arms and legs shake as he pushes his glowing stub into the dirt and his other arm, the one with the shield reaches out for the sword he had relied on for all those fights before. He took my blade. Without DawnBringer I’m useless. But Kirbs is still in danger, I have to help her. “Kirbs. Your knife. Give it to me.” He struggles to say. “Give me your knife and run.” He grunts, standing to his feet and stumbling backwards a little bit. “I can keep him busy just enough for you to get out of here.” He tries to take a step forward but stumbles a little. I have to fight. I have to fight until I can’t fight anymore. If I die, I die. No reason to keep going. No reason to survive. No reason to make it back home to mom. His broken spirit begins to break a little more, tears and agony fill his body.

@Hestia @Kirbs @Pinball

My eyes widen at the rather brutal display of misuse of strength that i see before me as i watch the player killer just go up and chop a limb right off within the game as i can only think back towards the floor boss where pin rather willingly stabbed a different killer for harming a member of the frontlines. To see that same man stand here and attack a man rather willing to kill him seemingly within a single moment of time without any remorse seemingly within his stance i can rather easily tell he took a rather slippery slope to becoming a monster a man that needs to be put down. Stepping into the clearing and making my way towards Pinball cold dark blue colored eyes stare forward that hold no remorse, kindness, or mercy as i stare directly at pinball only the sound of a sharp high pitched whistle coming from the mouth of myself as my lion is quick to act. Flying towards the duo i quickly point at Dustin as the lion lets out a roar as it charges and actually pins down Dustin instead of Pinball as i continue to make my way forward towards the triad of players. Frontline tank, healer, and off-hand DPS Hestia of the Holy Dragon Alliance. ALL OF YOU STAND DOWN! If any of you make a move towards the other i will see that and act accordingly! Don't be idiots and get yourself killed. I yell loudly as i stare more so towards the duo of Dustin, and Pinball as i yell those words trying to make sure that their is one fact right as of this moment. To stop fighting now. Taking out my sword i activate the highest level sword art on it and gets into the stance to attack as i stare down Pinball directly. You understand me Pinball? Now than. Sit down or i will use lethal levels of force to put you to the ground for questioning. You going to comply so i can get a reason not to arrest you, or get Aereth on you? Or you going to run making you guilty?