[F01-PP] First Step Forward -- <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

"... Eh?"

-- hold up hold up hold up what just happened here --

In one moment, Yukiro was apologizing, right?

"N-Night. You didn't do anything wrong."

-- Okay, and then what happened next...?

"You just... Remind me of my friend, um..."

"I think..."

"I think I like you."

The words rang in Ren's mind. Readjusting her perspective according to the new information, Yukiro's actions seemed to fit better... but the words don't lessen their impact on either of them.

"I think I like you."

How was one supposed to handle a situation like this?

Think, Ren, think. Maybe something from a book I've read? No, wait, the protagonist was a coward. Do I need to give him an answer right now?

Moments passed her by, as she watched the floor with a tight lip, rubbing her eyes from the tears. Her thoughts given, she tried to speak, with tired eyes, "Yukiro, I... I really appreciate it. I really do."

"But it's only been a day." With an exhausted drawl, she added, "Could you please give me more time?"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It felt like an eternity as he stared at his feet. His thought process was fast but simple.
Why would I say that why did I say that what possessed me to say that what's wrong with me why would I do that I'm such an idiot it's been one day heck it's been one night why would I even consider--
"Yukiro, I... I really appreciate it. I really do."
Ah, there it was.
"But it's only been a day. Could you please give me more time?"
He had know what was coming. It wasn't that hard to figure out what would happen. But still, somehow, he had been unable to prepare for it.
Why?

Yukiro looked up at the sky and took a deep breath before looking back down at Night. 
"Of course! Sorry, I didn't mean to put any more stress on you."
Huh?
My eyes are watering? I must've gotten something in them. 

He wiped his eyes and smiled. 
"It's nothing you need to think about! I just let myself go a bit! I'm sorry!"
He turned to walk to the bench where he'd sleep. 
"If you want, my shop is at the very end of the same alleyway of the Crusty Bahrnicle. I'll give you access to it for tonight." he said, trying to keep his voice steady and cheerful. 
"I'm just gonna... go sleep on a bench."

@NIGHT

Edited by Yukiro

"Of course!" Yukiro replied, in a collected voice that stunned Ren. "Sorry, I didn't mean to put any more stress on you."

But his give away was the wiping of tears from his eyes. As he turned back to her, he smiled, trying to comfort her, "It's nothing you need to think about! I just let myself go for a bit! I'm sorry!"

I'm sorry...

As he shuffled over to the bench, he added, pushing himself to sound happier, "If you want, my shop is at the very end of the same alleyway of the Crusty Bahrnicle. I'll give you access to it for tonight."

"No, really, it's okay," Ren replied, worn out completely. I'm really sorry... "I'll... go deliver the package," she looked at the quest item, still blank and soulless. She'd definitely have to wake the blacksmith up but... Better late then never...

"Please go rest in your bed," she spoke aloud, before running off in the direction of their client.

I'm desperately sorry, right now.

- - -

The tapping of footsteps was loud, urgent and painful, as Ren attempted to sprint to her target, trying to clear her head of what happened earlier. As she got closer, she saw it -- Lyle was just up, his lights still on, but getting ready for the new day rather than otherwise.

"Hai!" She yelled, catching his attention. Holding up the parcel as she ran, Ren added, "Delivery!"

"About time! Toss it over!"

So she did. Lyle caught it with magnificent grace, and was about to offer her a high five, had she not continued on running away from him after completing her quest.

Watching her figure grow smaller, he panicked, calling out to Ren, "Hey! Come see me later, okay?!"

At the corner of Ren's interface, a new quest had been added to her log. But all she could see was the city's streets blurring with the buildings, as she continued to hit the ground, running on empty.

# okay here goes let me know if i missed anything

Thread Summary

Spoiler

[NIGHT's Rewards]

Quest Rewards

• 2 SP
  • [T1] Uncommon Health Potions (5) -- Heal 40 HP.
  • [T1] Damage Potion -- +1 DMG.
  • [T1] Over-Health Potion -- +50 Temporary HP.

Thread Progression

• 4 SP
  • 1,600 col

Combat Loot

• 165col, Tier 1 Materials (6), Rare Trinket (2) from Wolves [1] [2] [3]
  • 250col, Tier 1 Materials (2) from Manticore [1]

TOTAL:

• 6 SP
  • 2,015 col
  • [T1] Uncommon Health Potions (5) -- Heal 40 HP.
  • [T1] Damage Potion -- +1 DMG.
  • [T1] Over-Health Potion -- +50 Temporary HP.

[Yukiro's Rewards]

Thread Progression

• 4 SP
  • 1,600 col