[F2 - PP] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Spoiler

<<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2

This quest is repeatable (to help only)

o3mxo4I.png

To start the quest, the player must first find the quest NPC that has taken residence in a hut near the summit of an exceptionally high mountain at the southern edge of the 2nd Floor. If the player accepts the quest, the NPC takes the player outside to a 2 meter-high rock with a diameter of about 1.5 meters and almost as tough as an Immortal Object. There, the NPC reveals that the player must split the rock into two using only their fists and then proceeds to paint whiskers with quick-drying paint on the player’s face, claiming that the whiskers cannot be removed until the rock is split. If the player does manage to split the rock, they are rewarded with the Extra Skill.

Good luck Players!

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-Must destroy <<The Boulder>> using only your fists. Damage bonuses such as Damage enchantments and Athletics apply, but your weapon skill rank does not, nor can you use any sword arts. Players with Martial Arts skill may apply their rank damage, but you may not use sword arts.

The Boulder Information:

<<The Boulder>> is a respawning Quest object and has the following statistics:

HP: 50
EVA: -2

Rewards:

1. Party Leader will be gifted the Extra Skill, <<Martial Arts>>

2. 1 Skill Point

Parties of players are advised.

Recommended Level: Any

Spoiler
Randal: SP 5/15 // HP 140/140 // Energy 14/14 // 1 DMG 

Items:
 3 DMG (T1E3 Perfect Hand Wraps) // 1 REGEN (T1 Uncommon Pants) // 3 EVA (T1E3 Perfect Light Armour)

Skills:
 1 LD (Searching Rank 1) // 1 Stealth Detection (Searching Rank 1) // 5 MIT (Light armour Mastery Rank 1)

Used Items:
  1. - 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
  2. - 1 T1 Snack (+1 Acc)

Battle Items:
  1. - 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
  2. - 1 T1 Immolation Potion (10DMG to successful non-Crit attacker)
  3. -1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP
  4. - 1 T1 Snack (+1 Eva)
  5. - 0 T1 Snack (+1 Acc)
  6. - 0 T1 Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
  7. - 2 Tier One Snack (+3LD) (waiting approval)

Additional Buffs
  1. Aincrad Trading Post Guild - +2 Exp per craft made // +5 to salvage LD
  2. Aincrad Trading Post Guild - +5% Mob Kill Col // +10% Treasure Chest Col

Randal had heard that there were ways to improve his strength but he wasn’t using an ordinary weapon and needed to get through a notoriously annoying quest to accomplish it. 

So making up an open invitation to join him, Randal posted a listing on a local adventurer’s board that stated.

” Looking for party members to compete quest <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>, please meet at floor 2, at the top the highest mountain at the southernmost part of floor 2 - Randal”

@Skeleton @Arabelle

Making his way up to the mountain, he ran into an NPC which brought him to a large ass rock and told him to punch it till it breaks. Already half regretting his choice, Randal drank any potions that would help snack on any food the would aid.

- 1 T1 snack  +1 ACC

-1 T1 Potion +1 DMG

Randal gave it a few minutes to see if anyone would come.

Edited by Randal

Skeleton's Stats:

Spoiler

Level: 1

HP: 20/20

Energy 2

Damage: +0 (No weapon)

MIt: 0

Acc: 0

Eva: 0

Battle Items:

1 x Starter Healing Potion (50 HP)

Skeleton noticed an invitation enlisting help on the second floor on a nearby notice board which seemed like a decent combat tutorial for himself.

” Looking for party members to compete quest <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>, please meet at floor 2, at the top the highest mountain at the southernmost part of floor 2 - Randal”

"Randall? That's a familiar name." Skeleton mulled.

Skeleton hadn't yet been to the second floor, never mind it's tallest mountain. His interest was piqued. He reached out to yank the invitation but stopped to leave it there in case any other players were interested in following along.

Making a note of the meeting location and details, he began to make his way to meet Randall.

The mountain trek wasn't as difficult as Skeleton had expected. Not as many rocks in the way like the hills back home. At the peak he found two silhouettes in the distance. Noticing them brought Skeleton to pick up the pace to greet them and ensure he was indeed on the correct mountain.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Randall? I heard you wanted to... punch a rock to death? I'm interested." 

Seated on a sturdy branch with a hand holding onto the tree trunk for support and a dango stick dangling between the fingers of another, An admired the hard-earned mountaintop view of Floor 2's lush green valleys and interconnecting river systems. She was feeling pretty proud of herself! Today was the first time she climbed up a tree without falling on her butt even once... Today marked the first time she finally saw the top of Floor 2's mountain for herself... An smiled, obviously in a good mood.

And whenever An was in a good mood, she was in a helping mood.

Crimson eyes caught sight of a player climbing up the mountain with the same sort of focused resolve about them as someone on task. And another, following right after. The two spoke and where they were standing... happened to be just beneath An's tree. And she was just as hidden as a player whose hair color was a very distinctive silver can get.

"Hm?" She wasn't trying to hide though. Not again. Her voice carried over to them and An leaned forward with interest. She smiled brightly down at the both of them and her eyes shone with interest. If she cleared this quest, that meant EXP, and more EXP meant she could reach higher levels and explore more places! "Hello! Are you guys here to take the quest? I just stopped by without any real intention to, but do you mind if I joi-- Eeeeeeep!"

In her excitement, the girl had leaned too far forward, flailed her arms about uselessly when she realized, and fell the few meters she had climbed - headfirst into the brown-haired boy with a scream only those typical annoyingly useless female anime characters could muster.

They crashed to the ground with a rather comical thud.

[ooc: this is arabelle! tagging along with this alt instead of the main account.]

Spoiler

ACTIONS:

• Consumes 1 Vicious Dragon Fang Potion. [+3 DMG]

LEVEL 7
140/140 HP | 14/14 EN | 4 DMG | 33 MIT | 1 LM | 1 Frost Thorns | 1 Frost Aura

SKILLS [used sp: 13 | unused sp: 3]

1. Rapier -- Rank 2

EQUIPMENT

• Svalinn -- T1 Demonic Shield -- Cursed | Frost Thorns | Frost Aura | Mitigation -- "The shield which once stood before the sun and kept the Earth from being set aflame." A small round shield perpetually encased in a thick layer of unyielding ice. Its surface is uneven, with sharp ice crystals jutting out and rising up, and any attack aimed at it would sure result in a nasty counter-effect. Attacks made from afar or otherwise aren't left without retribution either, as the opponent would feel themselves surrounded by an intense chill. When equipped alongside any item with a flame enhancement, the ice becomes dyed with an auburn hue but does not lose any of its intensity. 
  • Rugged Leather Jerkin -- T1 Perfect Light Armor -- [x2] Mitigation | Light Momentum -- Contary to the amateur merchant's belief, this light armor was crafted by the goblins themselves. It is made of fibre leather and a few frayed edges imply a rather clumsy craftsmanship. But it's light and covers the important places, and the merchant insists it's completely fine to wear!

BATTLE READY

• Jack's Corrupted Legacy -- T1 Demonic Rapier -- Cursed | [x2] Blight | Burn -- [reference] "...and they shall cast them into the furnace of fire, where there was weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth." A malicious, unstable weapon hidden beneath a plain semblance. Patterns of vines and fleur-de-lis are etched onto its black swept hilt and its blade is 38 in. long. It takes on a crimson red aura when a Sword Art is activated. At random, unpredictable occurrences, the weapon will burst into flames - sometimes red, sometimes a darker hue, and sometimes a pitch black in color - and inflict a strong damage-over-time effect on its enemy.
  • Dawn -- T1 Perfect Rapier -- [x3] Damage -- [reference] Marking the first steps of a young adventurer's new journey. A rapier that is rather plain in every aspect except for its elegant swept hilt made of brass.
  • Dice of Blessing -- T1 Perfect Trinket -- [x3] LD --  [reference] The modern adventurer's mark of providence or misfortune - depending on how much Lady Luck likes you. The trinket itself is an acrylic D20 painted brown with gold numbers and an attached chain that allows it to be clipped onto the user's clothing. When thrown, it often lands on '20'. 
  • [x3] Starter Healing Potions -- Heals 50 HP
  • [x1] Teleportation Crystal -- Use a post action to activate a teleport crystal. Teleports the player to the town or designated teleportation area they specify.

SWORD ARTS

Rank 1

• [x2] Rip Ravine (2 Energy) - Two quick slashes into a target

Rank 2

• [x3] Accel Stub - (3 Energy) - A chain of three nimble thrusts aimed at the target's torso.
  • [x4] Quadruple Pain - (4 Energy) - Four thrusts are made, each aimed at the limbs of the opponent.

Edited by Andromeda
On 11/30/2019 at 10:29 AM, Skeleton said:

Excuse me, I'm looking for Randall? I heard you wanted to... punch a rock to death? I'm interested." 

Hey!” Randal practically shouter. 

You’re that guy who was starving and covered in grass at the carnival! Thanks for coming to help punch my rock, I’m trying to learn to be a martial artist.” Randal says before casting a long sorry glance at his new friend... Because before he knew it the NPC had already began creeping up the ledge behind Skeleton.

Hopefully we could wash these off soon..‘ 

On 11/30/2019 at 1:39 PM, Andromeda said:

Hello! Are you guys here to take the quest? I just stopped by without any real intention to, but do you mind if I joi-- Eeeeeeep!"

Right as those words were drifting through the air, and not even a moment before Randal managed to catch a glimpse of the speaker did a streak of silver hair flash in front of him and cut Skeleton down.

Almost speechless, but grateful for the attempt at helping, Randal also sent her a party request.

At the same time, the glee on the NPC’s face was tremendous... Randal signed in exasperation and sled-pity.

”Hello, thank you for volunteering! Do you mind telling us a bit about yourself too? Might as well get to know the person I’ll be breaking rocks with.” Randal asked with a slight hint of caution.

Spoiler
Randal: SP 5/15 // HP 140/140 // Energy 14/14 // 1 DMG 

Items:
 3 DMG (T1E3 Perfect Hand Wraps) // 1 REGEN (T1 Uncommon Pants) // 3 EVA (T1E3 Perfect Light Armour)

Skills:
 1 LD (Searching Rank 1) // 1 Stealth Detection (Searching Rank 1) // 5 MIT (Light armour Mastery Rank 1)

Used Items:
  2. - 1 T1 Snack (+1 Acc)

VS.

<<The Boulder>> 

HP: 45/50 HP // -2 EVA

Spoiler

ID# 130800

BD: 7+1 (Hit)

Randal punches the Boulder for 5 DMG.

Whike waiting a reply, Randal decided to see how hard this wrong was going to be to destroy and swung at the rock. The shock vibrated through his hand as he imagined it would.

@Skeleton @Andromeda

Edited by Randal

Hey!” Randal practically shouter. 

You’re that guy who was starving and covered in grass at the carnival! Thanks for coming to help punch my rock, I’m trying to learn to be a martial artist.” 

"Yeah, that'd be me. Took on more than I could manage searching for herbs... Good to see you again though. Where's the so called rock?" Skeleton admitted as he approached Randal.

"Hello! Are you guys here to take the quest? I just stopped by without any real intention to, but do you mind if I joi-- Eeeeeeep!"

Skeleton was alerted towards the tree by the new voice. As he looked up he saw something silver diving towards him, quickly taking up the entirety of his vision on it's approach. He moved to raise his hands in an attempt to defend himself but found that he was already on the ground, sliding further back down the hill.

Disoriented from the crash, Skeleton attempted to pull himself up to a sitting position but found another person was instead on top of him.

"Hello tree person, thanks for falling for me, but I'm gonna get up now." said Skeleton deadpanned.

Skeleton rolled the new person off of him and to the ground beside him, leaving them sitting upright. Clambering up to his feet, he offered a hand to silver haired girl to get her off the ground.

*Thunk*

The sound of Randal hitting the rock drew his attention. Skeleton moved towards the rock, preparing his fist, clenching his teeth.

"Let's give this a try..." Skeleton said as he sucked air into his lungs.

ID# 130815
BD: 3

His fist crunching and sliding against the rock with the strike, Skeleton yanked his hand back, waving it in the air.

"OUCH?!"

Edited by Skeleton

"I'msorryI'msorryI'msosorry!!"

Why does this always happen? If she wasn't insisting on joining a team only to end up being completely useless, or running into a treasure cave that turned out to be guarded by more goblins than expected, getting caught by other players as she stalked watched them from a distance, or persuading some random stranger to jump straight into a hole with her... 

"Oh, you're... wel--." It took her a few moments to process his tone. And that she was still on top of the poor guy who just came here to help someone beat up a rock. "Ugh. Yeah, yeah. Hold on."

An pried herself off of him and sat upright on the ground. "My fault," she repeated, her face still burning with embarrassment. A huge part of her just wanted to chicken out and run back to the safe zone as fast as she could but... they would definitely remember that one time a girl with silver hair literally fell from a tree. She was going to make a better impression!

And she started by accepting the party request and waving the brown-haired boy's hand away. She stood up by herself and dusted off her clothes, feigning a calmer composure.

"Let's just forget that happened, okay? Please!" An clapped her hands together with an embarrassed smile. "I'm An. What do you want to know?"

All three went and stood in front of <<THE BOULDER>>.

...she really thought of that in all caps. Because holy crap, how were they supposed to break this thing down with their fists? She had heard of martial arts masters doing the thing where they broke cement blocks, but... by quest description, everyone who took this quest was just a beginner... and this was a big, round rock.

An poked the rock. It did not deal any damage.

No, heck, Harriette, what were you even expecting?!

Spoiler

Tag: @Randal

ID: 130821 | BD: 1

The Boulder: 45/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Andromeda
1 hour ago, Skeleton said:

Let's give this a try..." Skeleton said as he sucked air into his lungs.

ID# 130815
BD: 3

His fist crunching and sliding against the rock with the strike, Skeleton yanked his hand back, waving it in the air.

"OUCH?!"

44 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

An poked the rock. It did not deal any damage.

No, heck, Harriette, what were you even expecting?!

Randal looked on at his two compatriots with a hidden heart of horror and amusement as he had posted the help request looking for some...well help, but so far he’s the only one that’s been punching the rock seriously.

Sighing away Randal looked on either side of the Boulder at Skeleton and An, and asked them collectively about who they were, if they were willing to share any information at all.

After he asked the question, Randal felt that it was wrong to just ask for information and not give any in return and so he told them about himself, Skeleton might have already heard something from the carnival but Randal wasn’t sure so he just repeated some information about himself.

”I actually used to be a food Nutritionist and on my first quest here, I spent hours looking for flowers and even longer being dumb and fighting a bee on the first floor, besides that, I’m also actively cooking for my profession and making preparations for finding a familiar. It gets a little lonely out here sometimes.” 

”Thanks again for coming, give me a call any time you guys need help, we are about the same level anyway right?”

Spoiler

Items:

Skills:

Used Items:
  2. - 1 T1 Snack (+1 Acc)

VS.

<<The Boulder>> 

HP: 40/50 HP // -2 EVA

Spoiler

ID# 130825

BD: 8+1 (Hit)

Randal punches the Boulder for 5 DMG.

Edited by Randal
52 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

"Let's just forget that happened, okay? Please!"

"Sure. What were you even doing in that tree anyways?" Skeleton lied through his teeth.

It'll be a long while until he forgets that a girl fell out of a tree in what looked like a dive-bomb headbutt. That didn't stop him from doing his best to muster a reassuring smile to try cheer An up. He wasn't sure it very convincing.

12 minutes ago, Randal said:

”I actually used to be a food Nutritionist and on my first quest here, I spent hours looking for flowers and even longer being dumb and fighting a bee on the first floor, besides that, I’m also actively cooking for my profession and making preparations for finding a familiar. It gets a little lonely out here sometimes.” 

”Thanks again for coming, give me a call any time you guys need help, we are about the same level anyway right?”

"Food nutritionist? Is that a way of saying you're a chef, or a chef who focuses on the specific nutritional benefits of a meal instead of the flavour?" Skeleton asked Randal with a curious eyebrow raised.

"So far I'm just an inexperienced idiot trying to get a ball rolling in this game. I've been tackling a gathering quest on the first floor lately and decided to take a break. I've not got any solid goals or professions. Yet anyways." explained Skeleton.

Rubbing his fist, Skeleton clenched his teeth, took a breath through his nose and step in to the strike this time.

ID# 130826

BD:2

The rock showed no giving in to his attack, remaining undamaged. Skeleton balked at the failure of his attacks.

And that was that. With the incident now behind them, An believed in him pretty easy and gave the brown-haired boy a thumbs-up. ...which felt kind of awkward cause she didn't say anything in return, but luckily enough, he gave he the chance to! "Sightseeing!" the girl exclaimed as her red eyes shone with excitement. "This place is one of the tallest mountains on Floor 2 and I finally managed to climb all the way up, so I would feel bad if I didn't even try to get the best view. Mountains are best for that sort of things, you know? Ah! You should try looking down at the floor from a better vantage point; it's a good experience on its own."

He would do it alone though. An had steeled her resolve: No. More. Climbing. Trees. 

"Hm." Nutrition... a boring but necessary job, everyone needed to stay healthy, especially people who had special conditions that meant they needed to be put on diets. That aside, he gave a helpful template for her to follow. "I used to be a high school student. ...Man, I feel kind of bad saying 'used to' but well, there aren't any schools in here. When we all wake up, I'll be so behind~." Yeah. For a nerd like An, that was a terrible thought. Even now, she'd forgotten most of the advanced science lessons she used to love. "Right now though, I'm a merchant. Just opened up shop, so I'd appreciate it if you guys dropped by Pandora's Wares in Floor 1 for your general needs!"

Shameless plugging. An was starting to take after the little NPC who had taught her the basics.

Back to work. The silver-haired player glared at the rock - as if glaring could somehow buy her more power. That was a thing in anime though? She breathed in, pulled her arm back, and smashed her fist into its solid surface with as much force as she could muster!

Spoiler

ID: 130838 | BD: 9 | 4 + 1 = 5 DMG on The Boulder

The Boulder: 35/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Andromeda

Randal’s against the Boulder was contrasted by the perspiration that dropped from his body, his hand wraps already dirtied  and brown with the dirt of the rock.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Skeleton said:

"Food nutritionist? Is that a way of saying you're a chef, or a chef who focuses on the specific nutritional benefits of a meal instead of the flavour?" Skeleton asked Randal with a curious eyebrow raised.

Glancing at Skeleton with a pleased expression, Randal was all too ready to explain the intricacies of his old job...”Haha I never actually used to cook before this game...I would just advise people who needed my services on how to eat to get to where they wanted in life.”

Spoiler

Ah! You should try looking down at the floor from a better vantage point; it's a good experience on its own."

An had mentioned something about climbing up trees after Randal responded to skeleton but all Randal could remember and reply was, “Climbing up is pretty easy cause every step forward you could look ahead and see, but I had trouble climbing back down and took a small tumble, fortunately this wasn’t the real world.” Randal replied with a shiver.

Spoiler

When we all wake up, I'll be so behind~."

When? If we wake up...Randal thought depressively, when he woke up everything would be different and that would crush him as he was now. So he let the thought pass...

Spoiler

"Right now though, I'm a merchant. Just opened up shop, so I'd appreciate it if you guys dropped by Pandora's Wares in Floor 1 for your general needs!"

Taking the Opportunity to change the topic, Randal asks how Merchants ranked up, he needed to constantly get wares from them to bolster his own inventory with immolation potions and tools to aid adventure and discovery!

Randal unleashed a flurry of blows at the immobile earth, a tiny crack was left when he was done.

Spoiler

Items:

Skills:

Used Items:
  2. - 1 T1 Snack (+1 Acc)

VS.

<<The Boulder>> 

HP: 30/50 HP // -2 EVA

Spoiler

ID# 130839

BD: 4+1+2 (hit)

Edited by Randal

Skeleton moved to the cliff edge to peer out across the second floor. He could describe the beauty and natural wonder the view gave him, if he felt anything more than a simple "Cool." as he stared. After what he felt was an appropriate amount of time looking at clouds travelling beneath him, Skeleton made his way back towards the rock. His new allies were bringing back memories of the previous world. The Real World.

"Yeah I was a student too, had a part time job at a game store. Despite all the doom and gloom about the situation, I think I prefer it here." Skeleton added to the conversation.

"Besides, I can't actively punch a rock a rock with close to no repercussions like this." he mused, swinging at the stony fortress once more.

ID# 130861

BD:10

Damage: 1(+2 On Crit)

Boulder HP: 27/50

His fist struck neatly into the crack Randal had left before him, verging the gap open wider with a cracking sound as the visible tear in the rock grew vertically.

"There we go, we're getting somewhere!" 

"How merchants ranked up?" An echoed as she thought. "Identifications give the most EXP and the fun part is, it's consistent! I receive the same amount, no matter the quality of the item I'm identifying. Other than that, there's also selling general stock or junk sales. But the most important part of it is identifying. If the merchant is at a high enough level," she recited with a confident smile, "They've got better chances at getting unique enhancements and they can sell better general stock. It's a mutually beneficial relationship!"

While she was doing yet another plug, the two punched away at <<THE BOULDER>>. Or maybe she should stop thinking of it in all caps cause oh wow, this thing was actually breakable. It wasn't your real-world boulder, that's for sure. 

"I get that, kind of," she replied to the boy who used to be a student like her.

An aimed at the crack and landed another punch that sent a tingling sensation up her arm.

Spoiler

[tag: @Randal]

ID: 130952 | BD: 4 + 2 = 6 | 4 DMG on The Boulder

The Boulder: 23/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Andromeda
13 hours ago, Skeleton said:

His fist struck neatly into the crack Randal had left before him, verging the gap open wider with a cracking sound as the visible tear in the rock grew vertically.

Randal noted the increasingly widening crack in the rock and got very excited, at first he thought that he would have to do all the work him self, but was glad to see everyone putting in their best effort, looking up at the sky, he had arrived at dawn and they had been whacking away at rock for quite sometime now, he guessed it must have been early morning to afternoon as the sun was reaching its peak.

1 hour ago, Andromeda said:

Identifications give the most EXP and the fun part is, it's consistent! I receive the same amount, no matter the quality of the item I'm identifying

Randal was especially curious because he would need a personal and trustworthy merchant he could go to anytime for identifications or purchasing general goods.

”After we are done, and you’ve helped me get the martial arts skill, how about I visit your shop after I do a whole bunch of mobbing. Truth be told I’m also hoping we could strike a bargain, after all, you could give me a nice flat price to level up your rank faster right?” Randal offered, hoping she’d accept, though there was a chance she would not, since earning money might be important to her too.

Spoiler

ID# 130959

BD 1 Miss

The Boulder: 23/50 HP | -2 EVA

As Randal took a step back, he stretched his arm forward to rest against the rock for a short bit, taking out some food that he had prepared without an enhancements just for taste.

In his box were four meals separated by a partition, all contains a portion of curry and potato with onions and carrots. It wasn’t all that spicy, but was a smell that reminded Randal of home. 

Without saying a word, he handed @Skeletonand @Andromeda a portion each and began eating.

Edited by Randal

As Randal offered Skeleton a meal, Skeleton's stomach made it's presence and demand immediately known. Grumble. The demand was food, and the smell of Randal's meal had invoked a longing for a decently tasting meal that wasn't consisting of mostly boiled potato "soup" and stale bread.

"I think I speak for my stomach when I say thanks, even though it's clearly speaking for itself..." Skeleton said as he grabbed a hold of the meal with one hand, and covering his stomach with the other, hoping to mask the sounds.

The meal was a welcome change in taste, evident from the quick clearing of the plate. As soon as the meal was finished Skeleton found a second wind to take the rock down. As he approached the rock, winding up his arm, he remembered a topic he wanted to query about.

"Hey I remember someone talking about getting a familiar? How do you go about that?"

ID# 130960

BD:9

DMG:1(+1 Crit)

Rock HP: 21/50 HP

The strike caused the crack to once again widen with a satisfying crunch.

@Andromeda

Flat price... as in, plain identification costs? An thought there was some reason to that. On one hand, agreeing to the deal meant he was practically guaranteed to keep coming back to her shop and she needed only to identify his stuff to rake in the EXP. It was an easy way to get better ranks, and then better ranks naturally attracted more customers who would actually pay her, and she'd be swimming in good profits in the long run. On the other hand, that meant she wouldn't ever profit from him. He could walk right in with a fifty item identification and of course, her daily identifications were limited and it would be unfair to prioritize paying customers over him and then the queue would fill up and then...

Ew, business stuff. An had no idea where her mind was going, so she just decided to think of something randomly and say it with the most confidence she could muster. "Sure, but I still need the profit to support my other activities. So, how about you get to pay just the identification costs with none of my added service costs for the first fifty? And when you've used all fifty up..." She tilted her head, self-editing her next words in her mind. "As a sign of gratitude for all the EXP, you'll get to pay the flat price for general stock. Only once you've used up your fifty free identifications though. Sound good?"

Yeah, that seemed safe.

Anyways, now there was food. An's eyes practically sparkled at the curry with potatoes - it wasn't a traditional food in her place and free food was always a nice treat! But, as the other two took turns with the rock, she remembered they needed to get this done first.

An swung her fist at the rock with renewed determination. Crack! The gap widened by a significant margin but the silver-haired player hadn't even stayed back to look at the result of her attack.

"Thanks for the meal!" She gladly accepted the curry and took out a fork. Then the boy spoke up -- something something familiar quest something -- and An had at least the basic knowledge to answer his question. "Um, you get approached by a gypsy lady in some random floor. Or you find her yourself. Then she gives you treats and you then try to find a familiar to tame them with."

Spoiler

ID: 131026 | BD: 10 | 4 + 2 = 6 DMG on The Boulder

The Boulder: 15/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Andromeda
15 hours ago, Skeleton said:

Hey I remember someone talking about getting a familiar? How do you go about that?"

31 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

"Um, you get approached by a gypsy lady in some random floor. Or you find her yourself. Then she gives you treats and you then try to find a familiar to tame them with."

Upon hearing An’s reply Randal couldn’t help but shuffle his feet, internalising new information about the quest to get a familiar that he didn’t know before this, all he knew from wandering around and getting lost (not that anyone would ever know) was that there were items being sold in different places to help the process.

Adding to the discussion what he knew “Alchemists have some pheromones that help with taming a familiar”.

Performer’s also have a song that can attract familiars to whoever is playing it.”.

Merchants also had a spyglass that could help you look for a familiar faster, but some didn’t have it so I’m not sure who you should go to.”

”In General, equipment that increase your luck also go a Long way to helping you on your journey, best to be as prepared as you can before a setting off on your journey, we should try it together if it’s possible

31 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

Sure, but I still need the profit to support my other activities. So, how about you get to pay just the identification costs with none of my added service costs for the first fifty? And when you've used all fifty up..." She tilted her head, self-editing her next words in her mind. "As a sign of gratitude for all the EXP, you'll get to pay the flat price for general stock. Only once you've used up your fifty free identifications though. Sound good?"

What Randal had meant was that he wanted to junk sell his items for a good price but he realised that that didn’t make sense at all.

He also appreciated An’s idea and figured that it was good deal, after all fifty items were a lot,.

”So where is your shop located anyway?” Randal asked An.

Spoiler

Items:

Skills:

Used Items:
  2. - 1 T1 Snack (+1 Acc)

VS.

<<The Boulder>> 

HP: 10/50 HP // -2 EVA

ID# 131038

BD 6+1+2 (hit)

@Skeleton

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

ID# 131040 

BD: 8

DMG: 1

Boulder: 9/50 HP

1 hour ago, Andromeda said:

"Um, you get approached by a gypsy lady in some random floor. Or you find her yourself. Then she gives you treats and you then try to find a familiar to tame them with."

1 hour ago, Randal said:

Alchemists have some pheromones that help with taming a familiar”.

Performer’s also have a song that can attract familiars to whoever is playing it.”.

Merchants also had a spyglass that could help you look for a familiar faster, but some didn’t have it so I’m not sure who you should go to.”

”In General, equipment that increase your luck also go a Long way to helping you on your journey, best to be as prepared as you can before a setting off on your journey, we should try it together if it’s possible

"If that's the case, I'll start asking around to look for the gypsy then." Skeleton replied.

"If you're interested in joining when I find it out more, I'll message you guys."

Skeleton brought himself back to the rock to give his next attempt. Leaning on his back foot, he fell into the punch with a straight right punch. The cracking sounds becoming more audible with each strike, and the cracks themselves becoming clearly more visible. The boulder was almost splitting into several pieces at this stage. Skeleton was confident it was going to break soon.

Taking a few steps back to allow An to take her next turn he overheard their talking about identification and managing their own shop.

"You own your own shop? That sounds tiring to me. Do you get many customers?" he asked.

Skeleton moved to the cliff edge to see if the sudden artistic inspiration would well up inside him this time around. Leaning slowly further over the edge, he found no inspiration, only more mist, fog, and ground.

@Andromeda

Edited by Skeleton

An punched the rock. It's super effective!

Though punching too hard twice was sending tremors up her arm and even though SAO wasn't supposed to have any pain, she thought she was starting to feel it from all the exertion. Ow. An pulled back and rubbed her other hand along the length of her forearm. Surprisingly, they were making progress much faster than she expected - what were all those horror stories about other players staying here, punching away at a rock for an entire day? fake news! - and <<the boulder>> was very nearly dead.

"Down at Floor 1! I was able to rent an old place right at the middle of the trade district; it's smaller and it's completely made of wood compared to the other buildings, so it shouldn't be that hard to find," she answered. He was asking about where her place was now, so on top of her offer, that meant she was really on the way to securing a dedicated customer! "It sure does take a lot of time. There's the daily identifications, and then the actual managing of things. I think it took me... two weeks tops to set up the shop and even then, it still needs lots of work." -- An thought of the piles of items she had somehow accumulated in the process and laughed sheepishly to herself -- "But it's still a fledgling shop that only opens at night, so I haven't gotten many customers yet."

Short explanation: she didn't want to be stuck at her shop waiting for customers all day. That was boring as heck.

"Together? Yeah, maybe." Now they were starting to make plans? This unusual meeting really did lead to a friendly bunch. "I'm not too interested in looking for my own familiar yet, but I can come along with yours."

Spoiler

ID: 131076 | BD: 10 | 4 + 2 = 6 DMG on The Boulder

The Boulder: 3/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Andromeda
39 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

"I'm not too interested in looking for my own familiar yet, but I can come along with yours."

When Randal heard them discussing plans to get familiars, Randal internally leaped for joy, he had been contemplating looking for a familiar for quite some time now and had heard it was quite a difficult journey from finding to taming one, but now that he had some companions to do it with it was sure to go by a whole lot faster. Randal, had also heard that this Boulder quest was also supposed to be difficult, but it was going without a hitch so far.

39 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

two weeks tops to set up the shop and even then, it still needs lots of work."

Randal couldn’t help but chime in, “I can’t recall if I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m a Chef myself, if you complete your respective profession quest you too can become like us. Any ideas what you want to be @Skeleton?”

Spoiler

Items:

Skills:

Used Items:
  2. - 1 T1 Snack (+1 Acc)

VS.

<<The Boulder>> 

HP: 0/50 HP // -2 EVA

ID# 131077

BD: 7

As Randal stepped back to give himself a running start, hopefully with the idea that the move would generate more force from the momentum and smash the already cracked rock, within a few moment, Randal jumped into the air and landed, fist on the rock to smash it to oblivion, which it did very quickly.

Edited by Randal

Watching Randal strike the final blow on the rock was vicariously cathartic. Or it wou"ld have been if the rock's shrapnel and dust didn't have to explode in all directions. Skeleton attempted to make a subtle step to the left, only to accidentally step into the splash zone. Without flinching, he lifted his right hand to brush off some dust from his shoulder, pretending that there wasn't any on his hair, face, or everything else.

30 minutes ago, Randal said:

“I can’t recall if I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m a Chef myself, if you complete your respective profession quest you too can become like us. Any ideas what you want to be @Skeleton?”

Skeleton raised his arms into a fold as he relaxed his posture.

"I think I'd be interested in alchemy. Utility potions seem right up my alley." Skeleton answered.

"My current plan after today is likely gonna change to get a familiar of sorts then see about starting a craft. How about you guys? Got anything planned?"

Skeleton made his way towards the tree by the edge to sit down at it's base and lean against it, crossing his legs.

@Andromeda

Edited by Skeleton