[PP-F5] Demon Slaying (Grim, Keith, Haine, Zauis)

Lucifer's eyes seemed to glow a little brighter at Grim's reference. "Demons are crafty. They'd rather set up a trap than go into direct combat. There will be many dangers along the way." Lucifer said in his demonic tone as they continued through the desert. Angel trudged along, the heat beginning to effect him as well. He was used to the hot climates on the Fifth Floor and heat never really bothered him. But that didn't mean that he was immune. Angel wiped some sweat off his forehead. "Don't worry Grim. We've got this covered." He said with a grin.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grim eyes went big, "So they set traps and are afraid of close combat huh, well this should be interesting, the temple Lucifer, it has many ledges and pillar to run apon correct, as I fight using height, and area advantage." Grim opened his skill list and showed it to Angel and Lucifer, »Martial Arts, »Acrobatics. "These two skills help me with getting around my opponent. plus it makes me look good too." Grim chuckles as he awaits the response from Lucifer.

An irritated expression is visible on Lucifer's face. "Arrogant human. Concerned with his appearance over physical prowess." Lucifer told Angel telepathically. Then he continued with Grim. "You would presume correctly. There are many rooms and passages in the temple as well. You mustn't let your guard down mortal." He warned Grim as Angel managed a smile. "We're gonna be fine Grim. Don't you worry about that. We'll be done before you know it." Angel laughed as they continued trudging through the sand dunes.

As Grim lets the most sinister grin come forth, he re-equiped his gear, his <> and <>, as it all appeared Grims whole persona changed, his whole benig then beacome almost maleficient, as he turned to Angel and Lucifer, his coats hood hid his face, and his mask, made his eyes glow a hellish orange, "Well now this should be quite splendid Nelphilim Angel and Hell stead Lucifer, let us slay the lesser demons, ao that I may obtain my newly founded weapon." He said in his Grim Reaper voice, as he then turned his head around and saw over the dune, there was the temple in the distance, "Very soon, we shall have reached our destination." He says as he draws his falchion, holding it backward, in his hands, the way he held it, it looked like a scythe.

[equiped items]

<>

<>

Lucifer snorted a puff of blue fire. "Indeed. There is where we shall find the demons." he said as he seemed to pick up a little speed, going from a walk to a trot. Angel sensed this ahead of time and jumped onto Lucifer's back so that he wouldn't get left behind. "Come on Reaper," Angel called back. "We wouldn't want to lose you in this desert now would we?" He laughed as Lucifer seemed to go faster, going from a trot to a canter. They neared the temple and Angel looked over the design. It was old, Aztec in appearance. It was a massive, black pyramid that had stairs leading towards the top. Resting at the top, was some kind of box shaped room that Angel could only assume went down. Etched into the sides of the pyramid, were depictions of death and hellish beings. "This is the place alright." Angel told himself as he dismounted. He remained at the bottom of the stairs and waited for Grim to catch up.

Grim reconized the design, it was early 14th century, as Grim saw that it was definetely old, as he reached the top, he looked around, "Hmm...seems varly old, resembles "The Temple of Mayor", much to my surprise that this would be here, hm... Lucifer, how much of this area do you know of?" Grim says in his Reaper voice, as he looks at the scriptures, "Hmm... he..who..enters...here...will be... faced...with a... challenge... thats all I can read mortal." Grim looks back Angel who had a strange look on his face, "Do thou have a ponder on your mind?" He says as he looks at the scriptures again, and rubs his hand on them.

Angel shook his head. "It's nothing. Forget it." He told Grim as he climbed the stairs. Lucifer frowned as he climbed the stairs towards the top. "I've only been inside once. I was exploring the area to check if it was safe for my herd to enter the area. As I've explained, it's not." He squinted at the writing that Grim had struggled to read. "It says, 'He who enters here will be faced with a challenge of hellish proportions.' It's an ancient language that demons know by birth, known as Night Script." Angel entered the small, box shaped room where more Night Script lined the room, along with pictures of demons devouring mortals. A large square hole in the floor lead to the inner workings of the temple. It was dark as there were no lights inside the pit. Angel looked around for any sort of way down and upon finding none, looked back at Grim. "You got some rope on ya? We'll need a way back up." He said as he knelt by the hole, a cold breeze coming up from the pits.

Grim shook his head, "Nah man, I dont use rope due to my <> skill, I can run up walls and climb them, maybe you and Lucifer can jump up using the walls as a counter lever." Grim says in his normal voice, as it was getting scratchy, "Ok thers more writing let me see if I can read it." Grim looked at the wall, "Aku... Tudar... Zwei'forgeta'... Negrand... Ectoria'... Mastura... Ventayu...Deamora." "All those whoe enter here, shall face my power the lords of hell." "Deamora, is that a name or something?" Grim stood back as he looked around, then to the hole, he felt something, icy wind.

As he activated his <>, <> and <> ability, he looked and saw a small statue, barely able to see it and several moving shadows, as well as faint giggles and grunts. "Lucifer, theres a statue and a few moving thinkgs down there, as well as icy cold air that smells like sulfur and amonia." Grim looks at Lucifer, and cocked his head sideways, confused at the position they were in.

Angel frowned. "No rope huh? Well for me the problem isn't getting down, it's getting back up. I suppose Lucifer could pull off some kind of rocket propulsion using his flames." While Angel pondered their options, Lucifer nodded. "Deamora. He is one of the many Devil Lords who inhabit the underworld. He is the Lord of Mischief, so it would make sense that his minions are Imps. They are the demons of mischievous acts and are known for their pranks. Although knowing this, you should also know that you should never underestimate the creatures of darkness." His crimson eyes seemed to flash at that last part but he moved on to the hole. He looked down and snorted a puff of blue fire. "The statue is more than likely a representation of Deamora himself. The odor you smell is the stench of Imp. They are vial creatures. I never liked their kind." He muttered. Then he leaped down into the hole, his blue lights acting as a torch. Angel shrugged and followed him down, falling as if he were a feather and safely landing on the ground. Instantly he drew his sword and shield, ready for an ambush.

Grim activated his <> skill and grabbed hold of the walls, as he then jumped from each wall down ward, and whe he was about 10 feet above the ground, he leaped, and used the statue to spin in a 360 yurn, as he landed he drew hi falchion, and as well prepared for an ambush.

When Angel realized that they weren't being attacked, he looked around the room. It was strange because the design of the building had changed to resemble an Egyptian pyramid tomb. Hieroglyphics lined the walls that depicted the afterlife and burial customs. As he turned to see the statue, he was shocked to see the image of, himself. It was an accurate depiction of Angel, with a mocking smile and another pair of eyes, giving him a total of 4. It was maddening how accurate it was. "Grim, you seeing this?" he asked his friend, unaware that the statue changed it's appearance to resemble the observer, while giving them an extra pair of eyes and a mocking smile.

Grim looked up, what he saw was not that of the Aztec temple, his area was that of chinese mummy tombe, and the statue he was seeing was that of a Chinese Emperor, it was him, and he had a boy clutched in his hands and a blade running through his chest, as he saw the boy was Angel, Grim shook his head, "NOOO... ITS NOT REEAAAALLLLLL!!" As Grim activated his <> sword skill, his blade glowing bright red, as he jumped at the statue, and ot coming to life, it pulled the blade out and blocked Grim attack, "YOUR NOT MEEEE!!!!" "ANGELS MY FIREND, I WOULD NEVER KILL HIIIIIMMMMM!!!!"

The area then shifted, "Dir'cht widre tudnre Angel, ryhft hensa turnar Deamon." Grim eyes went big, "DEAMON HAHA!!!" "HE WILL NEVER TAKE ANGELS SOUL!!!" As the statue then crumbeled, as Grim slices the statue in two. He lands on one knee, breathing heavly, as he looks back at the statue, his evil smile slowly fades away.

Angel saw Grim freak out, but instead of stepping in to stop him, he stood back. He didn't want to get in the way of his friend, especially when he had a sword in his hand. When Grim had finished, Angel stepped forward. "We should get going." He said quietly before turning and heading down the hallway. An evil glow seemed to be coming from a room at the end of the long hallway, a red light pulsing with what seemed to be Angel's heartbeat. Boom, boom, boom. It also seemed to get louder as he approached it. His sword was ready and his shield was high. Lucifer seemed to growl as he gave off a blue glow, acting as a torch. Here we go, he thought to himself.

Grim jumped up and started running toward the area Angel was going, as he ran down the hall way he hears a voice, "Seine Seele ... es wird mein sein. hahahaha! Zusammen mit Ihnen als gut. ("His soul...it shall be mine. hahahaha!! Along with yours as well.") Grim heard the voice as it was speaking German, he ignored it. Not wanting to have another episode like before, as he reaches the end of the hall, he holds his falchion tighter. As they exit the hallway, they come across three Imps, "Outta my way you cursed beast!!!"

As Grim activates his <> sword skill again, his blade glowing bright red as he charges at the first imp he sees, his sword cutting through it, sending it flying against the wall, Grim now having a different aura, one more malecient, and evil. his stance more primal now as he breathes heavly now as the room gets colder, the air begins to materialize around his mouth. The steam being emitted creeped out of his hood, giving him a demon like appeal.

[7-Hits]

<> Success

Grims HP: 27/27

Blood Wings HP: 22/22

Angels HP: 17/17

Lucifer: 23/23

Imp1: 7/8

Imp2: 8/8

Imp3: 8/8

Angel and Lucifer instantly sprung into action. Angel raised Boar Slasher and charged at the nearest Imp, readying his <> skill. The blade flashed blue as he ripped it through the air. While this happened, Lucifer readied a

<> attack. If it managed to hit, then all three Imps would be affected.

[AOE attack- Loot dice: 1-10 miss, 11-18 Hit, 19-20 Critical, 20 Critical + 1 Burn damage per round]

Unfortunately for Angel, the Imp was to fast and managed to dodge his blade. But he wasn't fast enough to dodge Lucifer's fire. The Hell Fire Burst had managed to hit all the Imps that stood in front of it, leaving small traces of blue fire on the surrounding area.

Imp 1: 6/8

Imp 2: 7/8

Imp 3: 7/8

Grim opened his inventory very quickly, and equiped his <>, as the blade appeared, it made a sorrowful crying and screaming sound as its blade rings against the metal sheathe, as Grim drew the blade. He then turned to the weakest Imp, his newly founded blade still singing the songs of the after-life, "This one is mine dude."

Grim says as he dashes at it, the large Imp turns and thrusts it pitch fork at Grim, but he was too fast, as he dashed left to right, confusing the Imp, making it spin and lower its gaurd, as he appears behind it and strike it in the neck, causing two points of damage, and an extra due to his sword. As he jumps back, he sees the Imp is now fallen to the ground, as it was now paralyzed, "lets kill these ones off now ok dude?" Grim staying very calm and not like his normal self.

[OOC- equiped item]

<> +1 Damage, Paralyze (Crit. 2 turns)

[8-Hit/Natural Crit.]

[1-5] Grim misses

[6-8] Grim hits 1 point of damage

[9-10] Critical. 2 points of damage

Imp 1: 3/8- Paralyze (2 turns/post)

Imp 2: 7/8

Imp 3: 7/8

Angel recovered quick enough to get ready for another attack. He heard Grim telling him to hurry it up but his attention was focused on one of the other Imps, not the paralyzed one. Angel charged his <> skill, the blade humming with energy as he did so. Then he rushed forward, the blade flashing red as he did so. While Angel moved, Lucifer charged at the third Imp, his hooves coated in blue flame as he reared and tried to kick the Imp.

Angel smiled an evil smile as the red blade slashed through the Imp three times, each hit causing 2 damage. The Imp screamed in protest as he fell to the ground, almost dead from the attack. Angel was surprised. "How come you're not dead yet?" He wondered at the Imp as it attempted to stand. But he shrugged and returned his attention to the fight. Lucifer had also had luck with his attack. The Nightmare's flaming feet had met their target both times and caused Critical damage. Not only that, but the Imp suddenly caught fire as well, burning him and causing 1 damage. Lucifer let out a triumphant whinny before returning to Angel's side.

Imp 1: 3/8- Paralyze (2 turns/post)

Imp 2: 1/8 [battle dice-7= 3 hits (2 damage each)]

Imp 3: 2/8- Burn (2 turns/post) [Loot dice- 20= 2 hits (2 damage each + Burn)]

Grim targeted the one Imp that had one point left in its life, as Grim charged at the Imp, he readied his sword to slay and vanquish his foe, as it ringed louder, the screams coming from it, as he, slashes it in two, the blade sundering the Imp making it squeel and creak as it disapeared, Grim looked to see if it dropped the ore and he grunted, as he was disappointed. But he quickly looked at the other Imps and the one he paralyzed, as he knew that was his next target.

[10+1-Hit/Critical/Overkill]

[1-5] Grim misses

Imp 1: 3/8- Paralyze (1 turns/post)

Imp 2: -2/8- [loot dice- 11-18 recieve the ore/ 19-20 recieve advance ore]- Dead/Overkill

Imp 3: 2/8- Burn (2turns/posts)

Angel raised Boar Slasher and smiled. One down, about 4 to go. They didn't need that many ingots but they wouldn't drop every time. Angel needed at least 3 to count for trial and error. Angel charged a basic <> attack. If he managed a hit, then the Imp would be destroyed. While Angel rushed at the strongest Imp, Lucifer readied another Hell Fire Burst. His body glowed blue as the flames boiled inside, ready to be released.

The attack went perfectly. Angel slashed his blade at the Imp, cutting it clean through. Coming right behind him, was a wall of blue fire. Lucifer had unleashed all the furry he could manage. Angel remained still as the fire passed past him and consumed the Imps, turning them into pixels. All loot that Lucifer received went to Angel's Inventory. The Loot Window popped into Angel's field of vision and he couldn't believe his eyes. 2 Uncommon items were now in his inventory. He blinked a few times and was about to look at the items thoroughly but he waited until they were safe. He smiled and looked at Grim, "I've got somethings over here!" He yelled, showing him the window.

Imp 1: -1/8- [Angel's attack and Hell Fire Burst critical damage]

Imp 2: Dead

Imp 3: -1/8- Burn (2turns/posts) [burn damage and Hell Fire Burst critical damage]

Grim eyes went big, "Fantastic Angel, we should be able to... look out!!" Grim heard as noise and saw a flash of light, a Imp sorcerer had appeared and was throwing fire balls at them, "Angel, we need to take him out before... ah crap we got two moe Imps." "Angel, take the ones on the ground i got the one up there." Grim used his <> skill and he it deactivates as he jumps back, the Imp jumps down off the edge, and into the group below, "Angel, look out, here it comes." As Grim does the very same thing, and backs Angel up, "Gah, we were do close to dude."

[1+1-Miss]

<> Fails

[1-5] Grim misses

Imp sorcerer 1: 8/8

Imp 2: 8/8

Imp 3: 8/8