[E3] PP - F21 Dark Velvety Chocolate <<Nature's Treasure>>

Spoiler

ID: 140312
CD: 8 / 2 Materials Found + Found Chocolate Eggs
LD: 2 (+2) = 4 / Found 2 Eggs

As he cast his line out again Calrex hoped he'd get another lucky pull and get a good clutch of eggs, letting the hook disappear beneath the surface for some time. After waiting a few minutes for any resistance he gave a small sigh and began to reel it back in. While the hook was en route there was a sudden tug, which in the end turned out to be another smaller fish. Attached was another two eggs for him to add to the total. "If the alchemists are able to crank out that amount of quick group healing items before the boss fight happens, I'm all for everyone keeping a good amount on hand. The amount a single use is barely anything at best, but if we get a full player rotation of healing that might be able to offset the loss to some level."

Resetting his line the bluenette cast it back out, "With the way things have been going, I think we all agree you're presence would be more than appreciated. I think the frontlines have lost a lot of the cohesion and synergy that we had back during the floor raid streak, and adding to that the higher difficulty of the bosses makes the need for experienced players is even higher."

Spoiler

Calrex: 26 Eggs / 15 Materials

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

ID: 140225

CD: 5 [1 Material(s) Found + Chocolate Eggs Found]
LD: 21 (18+3) [8 Chocolate Eggs Founds]

Total Eggs: 28

Total Materials: 7

The brunette mulled over their words. It seemed that if he wanted to help, the most beneficial route was to continue as is but offer support in the form of support items. Something he wasn't entirely opposed to as it stood. At the mention of healing items however, it reminded him of the Banner he still held captive in his inventory. "I wonder if the that old Banner of Support is still useful. I believe I still have three charges on it," he explained as he watched his line for any signs of life.

Ironically as if on cue, the line jerked, causing Oikawa to take action and reel the haul in. On the opposite end lied a rather large fish bursting at the seams with eggs. "Hmm, fishing is truly the most efficient way for this. I'm convinced."

Then Oikawa's brow raised as Baldur then mentioned Hestia; a name the brunette was only vaguely familiar with but knew she knew his very well. "The only thing I know about that woman, is that she spent a lot of time running her mouth about Opal and I after we killed Zelrius and Ssendom." He sighed. Calrex seemed the most optimistic about his return. "I think you're the only one who feels my presence would be welcomed," explained the brunette with a chuckle. "But that's fine. I'll play it by ear and should I choose to participate I'll ensure I bring some healing for the paperweights."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID# 140366 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found] Loot: 11+8=19 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 54
Materials: 15

"Do not be too concerned with Hestia," Shield said, leaning back as his pole bent under the pull of a powerful fish. "It's no secret that she likes to pick fights with players she has an issue with. I think the only person here she doesn't have beef with is Calrex. If she comes after you on the basis of your crystal color alone, then she'll have more than just you to deal with." Having spoken his mind, Shield set about the task of properly landing his catch. It was a battle to be sure, but well worth it considering the haul of eggs it landed him.

"That does beg the question though of whether alchemists can indeed put out that many mass heals to supply six players with a full stack," Shield panted, gathering up his catch as it attempted to flop away on the ground. "I have known nothing but struggles getting crafters to meet demand for boss raids. It sounds like they have stepped things up as of late, but until I see the results first hand I shall remain skeptical." Shield took a moment to inspect his line, his dark eyes scanning it as best he could in the dark to check for tangles before resuming his favorite seat along the water's edge.

Edited by Shield

"Well, the crafters have organized into a guild called the Aincrad Trading Post, led by Zandra. It has become the place to be, as a crafter. Perhaps though them as a guild organization we can put an order in to the guild itself to fulfill, rather than burdening a single crafter wit that task."

Baldur threw his line back out into the pond, hoping for a bounty of eggs. He was close to his first goal. Very close. Just a dozen more and she should have enough to upgrade another piece of gear. All of these demonic enhancing stamps were very useful.

"But I agree with Shield. There are going to be so many orange players there, that she won't be able to object. The single biggest point of contention will be team comps. She will want to decide who goes on what team, and probably try to put together teams to protect players who may or may not be ready for this fight. I don't have an objection to that either, I just don't personally want to be on a team with her. I have, however, made that work in the past. We were on a team together scouting the labyrith."

He reeled in and finally got what he was after. A large haul of event eggs.

"Whatever we need to make this work, we'll make it work. Even if it means shoving healing crystals down Cal's throat." Baldur gave a laugh at the thought and a cheerful smile thrown towards his kohai.

ID#140367 CD: 8 LD: 16+3=19
Material +2, +1 Housing Bonus, +8 Eggs

Baldur's Haul:
Material: 12
Eggs: 24

Edited by Baldur
Spoiler

ID: 140369
CD: 8 / 2 Materials Fished Up + Found Chocolate Eggs
LD: 16 (+2) = 8 Eggs Found

"As long as the chain of events don't occur like they did with the Leviathan fight, then hopefully I should be alright. Achilles and my Battle Healing seemed to do well with keeping me alive back then, but the main issue for me was the inability to do anything other than wait to break free. That boss was basically the embodiment of Mack's paralock strategy, except it actually worked. I made an order to get a hold of a stock of antidote salves, but I'm not sure if that's going to be fulfilled in time. Outside of that, I've still got safeguards I can keep on hand for worst case scenarios."

His line quickly sank beneath the surface as Calrex felt the pull on his line. The tension was still fairly weak compared to some of the larger pulls he had earlier, but it was definitely something that was locked on the line and trying to get away. As it got closer suddenly the fish broke the surface in a desperate attempt to break free. The creature now lacking any way of fighting back, the bluenette pulled with all his strength.

However, it was a bit overkill, as the fish actually went a high speed through the air, and connected with his face. Water tension kept it attached to his head for a moment before sliding off to the ground, an unamused expression being revealed on the Ultramarine Knight's face, "In any case, I'll add to that if someone has issue with your presence Oikawa, there'll be more people having issue with that person. The frontline is lacking in many aspects, so they need competent and cooperative participants, any form of personal matters or pride aside."

"Of course, that's the same thing we've been saying for how many floor raids now..."

Spoiler

Calrex: 34 Eggs / 17 Materials

Spoiler

ID: 140431

CD: 12 [4 Material(s) Found + Chocolate Eggs Found]
LD: 11 (9+3) [6 Chocolate Eggs Founds]

Total Eggs: 34

Total Materials: 11

Reassurance. The singular word to describe the feeling he felt from this camaraderie among frontliners and friends. Though they had only met a few times previously, Oikawa nodded in Shield's direction with his proclamation. It was a weird feeling knowing that they had his back, even though it should come as no surprise from the other two. After he had been through thick and thin with them both and even after he lost it in the forest with Azide, they still remained his close friends anyway. In a way, he was blessed with to have this group. Even if was short a few key people. His mind wandered to the like of Ariel. A self-imposed rival of his since the early days. She even went as far as to create a guild to oppose Square One and dawned the same weapon as him before he made several changes to get his current weapon of choice. Then thoughts of Jomei, Takao, Teayre, and many others swirled about. "What ever happened to them," he whispered aloud. Though any who heard him would likely be confused due to lack of context.

Shrugging it off, Oikawa reeled in his line as it tugged on him once more. Retrieving the small collection of eggs and materials from the fish harboring them, Oikawa realized that he still hadn't said anything notable out loud. Rubbing the back of his neck, he offered them his gratitude. "E-erm, thanks guys. It's reassuring to know that at minimum I have you lot on my side." It wasn't much of a thank you, but it'd have to suffice. Deep down he still felt it was undeserved, but fighting it was pointless. "I guess that's what it's like to have good friends," he reasoned in his head.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID# 140444 results: Craft: 4 [0 Materials found] Loot: 19+8=27 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 62

"So Zandra is leading the crafters?" Shield said, huffing a little silent chuckle. "Zandra, miss 'I had to refund Shield several thousand Col because I never got around to his crafting order' Zandra?" He knew he was being a little overly critical. Every crafter had their moments where they struggle to keep up with demand and sometimes outright drop the ball. It happened to everyone. Still, the irony was not lost on him. "I mean, it sounds like it's working somehow. Maybe she just makes a better manager than crafter."

His line went taut once again, but immediately after that it went slack. Rolling his eyes, he reeled in quickly, grateful for the eggs, but a little incredulous as to how unrealistic this mechanic was proving to be. "I guess I shouldn't expect realism from a game with dragons and giant moth monsters, but still..."

He left Oikawa's sentiments unanswered with words. Enough had been said. There was a nod in response to the thanks he offered, but Shield did not feel he knew the other player well enough to offer much more than that and have it mean anything. To play up the sentimentality would feel trite or disingenuous of him, but he was glad they were still able to offer some assurance.

Edited by Shield

Baldur chuckled softly at Shield's comment about realism in the game. It was true. They were fishing up chocolate eggs for an event after all. The setting could be wild at times. Yet here they were, a group of some of the highest level character in Aincrad, standing around a pond fishing up chocolate eggs.

"I don't know much about the ATP, other than it has lots of members, and is one of the few successful guilds. I wish I could say the same thing about a frontline guild. Other than Tarot guild, and perhaps smaller family guilds that don't recruit, I'm not aware of any other guilds out there, at least active ones. Jomei had formed the Holy Dragon Alliance, and it was the leading guild for a while, but Jomei has taken a step back recently to plan his wedding."

Baldur threw out his line.

"I definitely think if we as a guild could make a gesture of good will as a contribution to the frontline along the lines of what Oscar has done, then maybe we can start on a better foot than last time." The comment was more for Shield than anyone else, as he hadn't gotten into the guild discussion with them, but the phrasing just slipped out because of the company he was in.

ID#141323 CD10 LD5+3=8
Material +4, +1 Housing bonus, Eggs +4

Baldur's Haul:
Material: 17
Eggs: 28

Edited by Baldur
Spoiler

ID: 141369
CD: 12 / Found 4 Materials + Chocolate Eggs
LD: 10 (+2) / 12 = Found 6 Eggs

After wiping his face of the water left on it by the previous fish slamming into his face, the bluenette cast his line back out. With only a minute or two passing by, suddenly the line began to pull hard, "Geezes, what did I hook this time?"

Tightening his grip on the fishing pole he began to pull, reeling in every time he felt a bit of slack on the line. Whatever he had hooked was really fighting, and it had the strength to be able to do so, "Come on...come on..."

A large shadow slowly became clearer and clearer on the water's surface as the line kept getting closer and closer. Eventually with a big splash a massive fish breached the surface, dangling on Calrex's line before turning into materials and another cache of chocolate eggs, "Another big one, not too bad I guess."

"Not going to lie, with the past few times I've been to the frontlines I didn't recognize pretty much any of the guilds in attendance. I've heard the names every once and a while, but none of them have really reached such a prominent level as they were back in the like the Azure Brigade and Square One."

Spoiler

Calrex: 40 Eggs / 21 Materials

Spoiler

ID: 141381

CD: 7 [+2 Material(s) Found + Chocolate Eggs Found]
LD: 17 (14+3) [+8 Chocolate Eggs Founds]

Total Eggs: 42

Total Materials: 13

"We?" teased Oikawa in response to Baldur's assertion. "Given your comments, we've long strayed from the days of guild rivalries. The few that you all have rattled off all sound very foreign to me. Though hearing Jomei created a guild is reassuring. He and I at one point felt like two sides of the same coin." "Ahh, it has been a while since I've been apart of a successful guild to the likes of Azure or Square One. Not to say Spectrum lacked but with Teayre's disappearance and my recurring hiatuses, the guild fell apart. I suppose I am to blame for that.." A stiff sigh escaped. He couldn't be one to dwell on his previous mistakes. The constant reminder floating above him did that all on its own. Instead, resolve settled into his posture. Looking over the guys he held company, a small grin found its way to his face.

"So, what's stopping us from becoming this guild Baldur-san speaks so high of? I imagine it would hold no qualms among us, that is unless Shield has a differing opinion?" The question wasn't meant to be divisive but rather an observation given their past history. They didn't hate or dislike each other from what he recalled. A mutual respect and more than likely apprehension caused by the brunette's orange crystal. "Of course, there's no rush; but with Shield's material resources and merchant profession, Calrex's ridiculous level being a beacon of hope, and Baldur's charisma and ability to recruit nearly anyone, I don't see any reason for the guild to not succeed." He purposely left himself from the equation. He wasn't sure what he could offer them in terms of benefiting the guild.

"Col, perhaps?" he mused

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 141382 results: Craft: 1 [Nothing]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 62

"Resistance," Shield growled. "From other frontliners. Eventually, our efforts to try to unite the lines ended up driving players further apart," he began, casting out into the black waters of the dark cavern. "That was the very reason I mentioned earlier that we were being compared the the Brigade. Apparently, were too much of a 'power team,' with the best tank on the lines and two of the top DPS at the time." He reeled in his line, but it came back empty. He tossed it out again, stewing visibly. "Eventually, I think the in-fighting just got to be too much for me. I had to take my leave."

Perhaps other members of the front lines would have seen it differently. After all, Beat had been top of the damage food chain for a while, and Shield himself had gained notoriety as a relentless treasure hunter and a shrewd businessman. Perhaps it could have looked bad. However, that was not how any of them saw the divisions and the refusal to break up their dream team. "The real answer is that... for a while, I think I lost faith in the front lines, particularly the person who tried so hard to act as its leader."

Edited by Shield

"Unfortunately, Shield speaks the truth. I think whatever we did, we'd have to approach the frontlines from an almost anti-brigade standpoint. Or at least, anti-how the brigade is perceived standpoint." Both Baldur and Oikawa had been members of the brigade at point or another in the past. From what Baldur could remember, it had left a more unpleasant taste in his mouth than Oikawa's, but he felt that his old friend would not disagree on some of the brigade's failings.

"We would need to come at this from the angle of how we can help uplift the frontlines. Helping organize and provide resources is one thing. It would certainly be easier for us to coordinate if we had some sort of structure, but I don't really know how we put that together. We'd need to be able to work both within our own guild, and yet seamlessly with another. Being able to provide and coordinate with the ATP guild would be big. We manage resources, and provide them to ATP for production for the frontlines."

Baldur threw out his line once more.

"But we need a raison d'être. The guild buffs for a frontline guild are moderate at best. The pooling of resources is good for keeping the line stocked, but again, not enough for a guild. I would take it as the primary goal to get people frontline ready, but we would need to be able to work with those outside our guild as well. We can't expect the entire frontline to be inside of our official guild walls. So what purpose does this guild serve?"

ID: 141387 CD: 5  LD: 13+3
Materials: +1, +1 Housing Bonus
Eggs: +6

Baldur's Haul:
Material: 19
Eggs: 34

Edited by Baldur

Spoiler

ID: 141434
CD: 11 / 4 Materials Fished Up + Found Chocolate Eggs
LD: 13 (+2) = 15 / Found 6 Eggs

Listening as the others spoke, Calrex tossed his line out into the waters once again, "Let's see what I fish up this time..."

The talk was mostly surrounding the frontliner guilds, and what bad taste was left in the mouths of the other players when it came to a guild of top level frontliners. The Azure Brigade before its dissolution definitely made that clear. He himself had been a part of the Brigade early on, when he and Teayre were invited to join it by Ariel. Back then he was nowhere near the higher levels at the time.

"If you want to form some kind of mission statement, it'll have to be more than 'clearing the floor bosses and getting everyone out of here.' Pretty much every guild under the sun has used that line that it's pretty much a given at this point. Unfortunately, from what I've found, any organization that has a bunch of big names in it is going to ruffle someone's feathers. Some people just don't like a bunch of strong players to regularly work together, but those people probably have other issues they're projecting."

Feeling a tug on the line, the bluenette gave a calming exhale, closing his eyes for a brief moment, letting the tension grow more and more, until he found a good point, pulling backwards. Almost immediately the fish broke the water's surface, landing on his lap, "From what I've seen in the past, if you need to play nice in such a way, the main problem to avoid is coming off as trying to hoard the floor raid rewards. The most vocal of the dissenters usually are griping about that if anything."

Spoiler

Calrex: 46 Eggs / 25 Materials

Spoiler

ID: 141518 CD: 2 [+0 Material(s) Found + Chocolate Eggs Found] LD: 13 (10+3) [+0 Chocolate Eggs Founds]

Oikawa took all their comments into consideration. He mulled over their concerns, some of them ones he had already thought about a few he hadn't. He was unsure about one thing however. "So from what you all are saying, the idea of a powerhouse guild is an issue because of drops. Now I've been away from the frontlines for a while, but even my last few raids before my hiatus involved drops given for reasons varying from last hit, to random things like most egg damage. The ways things were shaping up, I thought that trend would continue. And even if that isn't the case, last hit could be anyone. That's not something we can control being in a guild. We also have to consider before the last patch, Azure alone could nuke a boss in just their rotation which also fueled that hate and problem. Last I checked, we haven't killed a boss in a single party rotation in a long while."

Turning to them individually, he touched on each point they brought up individually. "Shield, I too lost fate in the frontlines. Leaving Azure was the first step. Then my hiatus followed suit. However, I do have faith in the people that continued from that point," he said gesturing to Baldur and Calrex. "As for our purpose I agree, aside from providing materials to ATP and furthering the floor count, we need something to set us apart from the shell the brigade left over us given three of us were once members. I don't want a repeat of the past."

His line shook, causing a break in his rant of sorts. Collecting the empty hook and recasting his line, he continued. "I wan't something to the tune of Square One. I want to take lower-leveled players and help them make their way to the frontlines. The sooner we're all spun up, the better and easier it will be to clear floors in my opinion. I don't care for the demonics as much as most despite my collection. those days are far behind me. I want to leave my mark in a way that will begin to absolve me of the crime I've committed since being in here."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 141581 results: Craft: 10 [3 Materials found] Loot: 7+8=15 [6 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 68
Materials: 18

"Items seem to be a big part of players' opposition, unfortunately," Shield sighed, casting his line out as close to the center of the lake as he could. "Both Zandra and Hestia have been critical of me specifically in the past regarding a lack of generosity in how I run my business and how I make bargains for the uniques I find, as well as some of my bolder ambitions on the front lines." His bobber sat on the surface, moving slightly on the ripples of the surface. "I understand the criticism. However, I feel like I have been mischaracterized, and that whatever opinions exist about me will be carried over to the guild."

The bobber sank out of sight, and a moment later there came a firm pull on his line. Shield was prepared, and he reeled against the tension, bringing in his catch with a practiced rhythm and bringing it on shore with one final yank. "The best bet is likely going to be charity. It seems to be what speaks the loudest to the ATP, as it's a part of their mission. So, whatever our first boss meeting is, I think it is prudent to assess the projected needs of the ATP to supply the lines and to donate a considerable amount of said resources. I think it is also worthwhile to try to arrange with the ATP to donate an ongoing portion of the incomes of those who join towards the crafters' guild. I might suggest as much as ten percent of any adventure, at least in materials." Shield tapped the fish once it fell still and brought up a menu, selecting the option to store it and its contents away.

"As far as a mission statement... I cannot say they were the most effective at it, but there was a hole left in the front lines' duties when the Celestial Ascendants disbanded. By the time Beat got into a position of leadership, it was already too late to do much. The guild was fragmented and falling apart. But... Baldur has already begun picking up the pieces, whether he is aware or not. I think that scouting talent and bringing up the next generation of front liners is an important part of what the guild should do."

Edited by Shield

Baldur began to reel in his line as the ideas began to percolate through the four of them. Having Oikawa back was great, since he seemed to be really good at ideas. Baldur was never a great idea man, but he would take what was given and refine it, put a plan to it. It was why he had never been the starter of a guild before. He could debate and implement, but not originate.

"We all seem to be circling the same kind of ideas, but we don't have that kernel to grow from. I see a reoccurring theme that we all want to help players get from low level to high level. There's a few basic things we could do that end. First, stock up on a common perfect equipment items for low level players. Damage weapons, Accuracy trinkets, Mitigation armor. Then we work with them to get a familiar by tier two, we can stock up on equipment and consumables and the merchant items that help become an easier task, as well as help them through the training. Third, if we had a guild hall, and we were able to make use to training grounds, or slime farms and the like to help boost experience growth. We could come up with a list of all the highest experience quests, put a plan together, and help people get through them, especially if they drop raid useful consumables, we can kill two birds with one stone."

As his fish finally breached the water, he saw that it brought quite the bundle of eggs.

"Another thing we have to offer is wisdom. We could come up with a guide, not a requirement, for what skills should be maxed out, and in what order, to optimize their role. Let them be free to do what they want, but we can say, but the end of tier 1, have your sword art maximized, have your familiar max rank, and whatever appropriate mods. If someone is volunteering to become a tank or healer, I might even recommend doing it that way, but we can provide a fund to respec one of their skills once they get to the point where it's worthwhile to truly shift into a role. It'll help tanks more, I think, to start DPS, and then switch into tanking mid tier 2."

He baited his line again and cast it back out.

"The third thing we could do to make ourselves more front line oriented, is to make sure we're coordinating searching parties. The one on floor 25 was difficult to push through, and people lost steam when it wasn't easy. If we stock up on the items required to make that easier, then we can help push that front line through as well. Perhaps use the labyrinth bosses as training grounds for players who are about to have their first boss fight as a way to test their mettle. We could coordinate advanced boss dungeons for those as well, so that people can get a feel for the pressure they're going to be up against."

He watched the floater on his line perform it's name sake and float on the water of the pond, "Thoughts?"

ID#141710
CD: 7 = +2 Materials
LD: 18+3 = +8 eggs

Baldur's Haul:
Material: 21
Eggs: 42

Edited by Baldur
Spoiler

ID: 141868
CD: 7 / 2 Materials Fished Up + Found Chocolate Eggs
LD: 11 (+2) = 13 / 6 Eggs Found

There were a lot of thoughts being passed around, ones with the best of intentions for the players. Baldur was correct, in that all of them were in agreement of what needed to be done and what they wanted to do. With another piece of bait on his line Calrex made another cast, watching the hook sail through the air until softly landing on the surface of the water.

"You wouldn't be wrong on that point Oikawa. Zel's death also included the loss of the Dual Blades unique skill, so a large contributor of damage from back in those days is gone. There was that one player...Death Adder I think his name was...that turned up a while back with it, but there's been no sign of him for quite some time."

"I do recall his weapons breaking in the last boss raid he participated in, so I wonder if he's even still alive..."

As his line got pulled beneath the water's surface the bluenette quickly pulled, repeating the motions of so many casts before. Within a few minutes another fish appeared dangling from his line, with another cache of eggs in tow.

"All the things you've suggested sound good Baldur, and none of the things sound too daunting to pull off. The main thing is that they are all things we can, and maybe should, do down the line. None of it is going to come 'out of box', rather things to accrue and develop afterwards."

Placing another bait on the line, he gave a small exhale, "The thing to ask now for this 'hypothetical' guild is, what's the first step?"

Spoiler

Calrex: 52 Eggs / 27 Materials

Spoiler

ID: 141884 CD: 2 [+0 Material(s) Found + Chocolate Eggs Found] LD: 9 (10+3) [+0 Chocolate Eggs Founds]

Oikawa's line remained still. He had half a mind to reel it and toss it back out, but he decided against as their conversation began to really pick up steam. His attention was divided between them as everyone said their piece. Baldur summing up the similarities between their suggestions, gave his thoughts on the overall full guild concept; all of which, the brunette agreed with. This alongside Shield's sentiments, Oikawa pondered a moment on what to say next as to not rehash what had been said; or at least, not as in depth. Glancing up, Calrex asked the begging question. "Where to start?" 

"Well for starters, are we willing to put in the work we've outlined here so far?" Gripping his rod, he adjusted on his ledge and let the bobber float a little further out than where it was previously. "Its good we have an idea of what we want. That said, there is a lot of groundwork to be done. The primary things being, establishing a guild name and hall, working out an agreement and understanding with ATP and the frontline community about our goals, ambitions, and future. This will also take an extreme amount of funds and materials to get off the ground, though I imagine with mister loot-man here, that shouldn't be too hard, " he explained gesturing to Shield. "Setting up dungeon, labyrinth, and training grounds or quests should be easy enough. We took a lower level players on a camping trip back in the days of Square One and it is safe to say they learn a lot about themselves and or group when you're 'forced' into those more stressful situations."

Focusing on the group more, Oikawa concluded his comments. "Lastly, our image. We have three ex-Azure Brigade members, a merchant disliked for wanting to secure his fortune (mind you many other professions do the same) and a player killer who took down the hardest hitting player Aincrad has ever had. We don't quite scream 'Come join us. Its fine.' We need to start reaching out now and letting players know who are and what we're about. Namely Shield and I. They need to understand that this guild we want is bigger than my crystal and his pockets."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 141965 results: Craft: 7 [2 Materials found] Loot: 18+8=26 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 76
Materials: 20

"There are four specific places I know I can help," Shield said, casting out his line as he processed through what all was being discussed. "Although my Col pocket is not particularly deep at the moment, my materials stash is plentiful. That can go towards a goodwill donation to the ATP. Second, I have already put out feelers on the lower floors, hunting for players who might want to join, or at least to benefit from our services in training players if they are already members elsewhere."

The line jerked at the end of his pole, and he reeled against it. The fish on the other end was not exactly Herculean in strength, and Shield won that contest of strength rather quickly. The egg haul within was much more impressive than the fish that held it. "Third, I have carried many lower leveled players and paid it forward with any findings from the outings, helping give them a firmer foothold in climbing the proverbial ladder of Aincrad. Finally... and as I have told Baldur, don't get too invested in this, but... I may have a guild hall for us. I bought it for the Ascendants, but it was never used. I need to check to make sure that it is still there. It's been... more or less abandoned, and I don't know if structures get deleted if left unused for too long..."

Edited by Shield

Baldur listened. He was glad to see everyone getting into the idea, but they were quickly getting into the weeds, and away from Calrex, and Oikawa's, fundamental question. What is the first step.

"I think we need to back up a bit. The first step needs to the kernel around which everything else is build. The core of the guild. We need four people who are both dedicated enough to see this through, and reliable enough to to stay the course. Tasks can be doled out, responsibilities delegated, by-laws written... but the main leadership of the guild need to be people who are going to remain consistent, and draw people to them, and keep people engaged. Too many guilds are a flash in the pan. They get an idea, they get excited, and they disappear when it becomes work."

He reeled in his line, quite pleased to find everything on the end of it. A huge haul.

"Not that I'm saying it should all fall onto those four, but if we're going to put the work in, we need a plan for longevity, and we need to have the consistency of being on the same page. What is our mission statement. What is our core belief. What is the fundamental that we build this thing on, that will keep us engaged and pushing forward. And if it's not us four, because it is asking a lot, then whom do we fill this in with?"

He threw his line out again.

"I'm no young spring chicken, but I'm in this for the long haul if we do it right. Cal-kun I'm sure will help, but he's been spending more and more time in Teayre's shop than out in the field - and I mean no judgement by that. Shield just finally reached out and get into contact with us because he apparently likes fishing for eggs... as strange as that sentence sounds. And Oikawa... well, you and I seem to juggle back and forth between who needs to take a vacation from the frontline. I definitely think this group can do anything it sets its will to. But are we setting our will to this, or are we just thinking big ideas?"

He hated to be the kill joy, but the question needed to be asked. The brakes needed to be applied. They were either going to do this right, or not at all. He needed to know if they were all in, or if some of them weren't.

"If anyone isn't in for the leadership, or being a part of said guild, that's fine. We're just talking here. But the first step is figuring out those 4."

ID#142147
CD: 10 (3 materials, +1 housing bonus)
LD: 13+3=16 (8 eggs)

Baldur's Haul:
Material: 25
Eggs: 50

Edited by Baldur