[E3] PP - F21 Dark Velvety Chocolate <<Nature's Treasure>>

Spoiler

ID: 143430 CD: 2 [+0 Material(s) Found + Chocolate Eggs Found] LD: 10 (7+3) [+0 Chocolate Eggs Founds]

Total Eggs: 106

Total Materials: 26

"The Starlight Cafe should definitely have a rewards program as often as we frequent it," stated the brunette. Amused by the thought. "Though I'm sure my card would get revoked until this changes," he explained pointing to his cursor. "However, Shield is right. If this is not handled with care, Mari could potentially be dissuaded from joining our cause. So it needs to be handled with care." Much like his eggs, which at the moment were non-existent as he reeled in an empty hook. Placing more bait on the line, Oikawa carefully selected his spot. He seemed to have more success when fishing to his right, so he launched the hook in that direction. "I'm getting close to my needed amount despite these..um.. setbacks." Resting the rod in his hand, Oikawa waited for his line to tighten. "So have you thought of how to approach the question yet?" he asked Shield.

Edited by Oikawa
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

ID: 143526
CD: 8 / 2 Materials Fished Up + Found Chocolate Eggs
LD: 2 (+2) = 4 / 2 Eggs Found

"Fair enough, put that way it makes sense, especially because at the moment there isn't a decent alternative should Mari decide to turn down the offer."

Tossing his line out to the waters once again Calrex watched as the hook vanished beneath the surface, relaxing his sitting position as he didn't feel an immediate tug on the line. "In any case, the most qualified individuals to give an answer in this group...doesn't exactly include myself, heh. My fishing stand, or at least whatever might remain of it on the eleventh floor's beach, is a really good indicator of my skills as a salesman...or fisherman of the time."

As he felt a soft pull on the line the bluenette began to reel the line back in. The tension was retained the entire way, soft ripples slowly becoming more and more frequent until a medium sized-fish was revealed on the line, accompanied by two eggs wrapped in foil.

Spoiler

Calrex: 102 Eggs / 48 Materials / 575 col

Spoiler

ID: 143539 CD: 8 [+2 Material(s) Found + Chocolate Eggs Found] LD: 14 (11+3) [+6 Chocolate Eggs Founds]

Total Eggs: 112 

Total Materials: 28

"Right. Better to get it figured out now and articulated than to fumble the pitch and lose the opportunity altogether." While Shield undoubtedly was mulling over the best way to attack the situation, Oikawa once again assumed throne-like demeanor. Resting his cheek against a lightly balled fist towering from his knee. If his stare was any indication, he was completely unamused by the lack of eggs he had. The brunette had not nearly thought about how quickly this event would be coming to a close and now he, like many others, were scrambling to get some more eggs. Ironically, checking his line, he managed to secure about six more eggs and a few more materials as well. "With this, I only need thirteen or so more eggs."

"How's it looking for you Calrex?" He knew the blunette was far more behind in his goal than he himself was, but he hadn't been keeping track of his progress. "Hopefully you're a little bit closer than half way this time."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 143548
CD: 6 / 1 Material Fished Up + Found Chocolate Eggs
LD: 13 (+2) = 15 / Found 6 Eggs

"Yeah, I'm much further than halfway now, a little past two thirds of the whole. Still, I doubt I'll be able to get enough before this event supposedly ends."

Placing another piece of bait on his hook, Calrex made his cast once again, the hook flying close to the center of the lake. As the small metal piece disappeared beneath the water's surface, he gave a small sigh, looking at the ripples that radiated away from where his cast landed.

"How about you? All I'm after is the bunny stamp, so once I get to the remaining fifty eggs, that's pretty much it."

Seeing the tip of his pole curved away from him, the bluenette immediately pulled back and began to reel his potential catch in. The resistance was even less that his previous fish, so a few moments during the retrieval he wasn't sure if there was even a bite on the line. What was on the the line was a fish seemingly not much larger than a guppy, along with a moderately sized cache of eggs. Bringing the end of his line closer he felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head while observing the tiny fish, "At this size I'm not sure if it's better to toss it back, heh."

Spoiler

Calrex: 108 Eggs / 49 Materials / 575 col

Spoiler

ID: 143572 CD: 1 [+0 Material(s) Found + Chocolate Eggs Found] LD: 17 (14+3) [+0 Chocolate Eggs Founds]

Total Eggs: 112 

Total Materials: 28

After hauling in another blank hook, Oikawa baited it once more and sighed. Tossing his line back out, Oikawa turned to face Calrex more directly."Well hopefully whatever you don't get, Shield and I can spot you. Though Imagine I'll be taking him up on the special dungeon map offer depending on what he's wants for it." Oikawa was pretty much on pace to finish his needs at this point. The dungeon map was more of a want than anything. "As for myself, I only need thirteen more eggs and I should have enough for the stamp, bunny favor, and re-roll tickets. At minimum that should let me increase my output using the trickster build and by output I definitely mean the amount of statuses imbued on the weapon itself." The thought of his now under-powered Demonics came to mind. "I'd like to have weapons that are actually tiered to my capabilities now. My old sword and shield set simply won't do anymore. That said, have you heard the rumor about the updates coming? Supposedly and info broker data-mined a patch notification that's supposedly happening after we clear this next floor."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 143573
CD: 12 / Treasure Chest Fished Up + Found Chocolate Eggs
LD: 16 (+2) = 18 / 8 Eggs Found

"A new patch? Not that I'm aware of, of course I haven't actually checked with any brokers recently. How much do you want to bet that there's going to be another debuff to Achilles snuck into there?"

The bluenette gave a smirk at his last comment, but to some level it did come from grounded deductions. Ever since Tristan gave him the unique skill, patch after patch seemed to come out of nowhere and continue to reduce its effectiveness, first by removing the reflective damage, then by introducing a massive weakness when getting hit by debilitating effects like Burn or Freeze. In its current form, Calrex wondered if it would even be considered a unique or useful ability anymore, "The 'Achilles heel' of this skill seems to grew ever larger each time I happen to check it. At this point it can feel like the Cardinal system is trying to make it utterly worthless. If it weren't for my high level and skill mods barely offsetting any bit of these new weaknesses, I would think anyone else with it would probably think the same."

"A trickster build huh? I guess the days of the paralysis master are set to be prominent again."

As he leaned back casually, Calrex looked forward in surprise to the strong tension felt on the line, "Another big one?"

He began to reel and pull with all his strength, trying to be cautious against his line snapping. A looming shadow beneath the waters grew larger, until yet another treasure chest emerged and was beached, "Another one of these things?"

Spoiler

Calrex: 116 Eggs / 49 Materials / 575 col

Spoiler

Opening Chest - ID# 143585 results:  Loot: 12+7=19

• [16-20] = 3,150 Col, 8 T3 materials, 1 T3 perfect armor/shield, 2 T3 rare consumables

Total Loot:

Eggs: 136
Materials: 34
Col: 2,000
Rare Consumables: [143144a] [143144b]
Perfect Armor/Shield: [143585a]
Rare Consumables: [143144a] [143144b] [143585b] [143585c]

Shield listened to the questions regarding how to approach Mari, passing his fishing rod absentmindedly between his hands. "It's a subtle matter, but I think I can manage it. I just have to be gentle and discuss the common points we share. She's... not kind to herself, but I think she'll see the merit and at least respect what we hope to do, if not join." The others discussed their counts of eggs for the event. However, in searching for eggs so diligently, Calrex seemed to bite off a little more than chocolate.

"I'm on it," he said crossing over to the chest and taking out his ring of keys. He picked one out, holding it to the lock. It, like all of its siblings, vanished in a puff of gold dust, shimmering in the semilight of the cavern. The lid popped open, and the chest's contents spread out before Shield on their own little display screen. "Decent," he said, giving a slight nod. "I'll take out the cost of the key and pass you what's left. Do you want the items, or just the Col and materials?" He tapped the option to collect the contents, doing a few quick transactions to create a list for Calrex. "There you go!"

Inventory Transfer

Shield wishes to send you:

2,150 Col
8 T3 Materials

Accept [O]                  Decline [X]

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID: 143601 CD: 5 [+1 Material(s) Found + Chocolate Eggs Found] LD: 9 (6+3) [+4 Chocolate Eggs Founds]

Total Eggs: 116 

Total Materials: 29

"Aye. She is rather hard on herself. Sometimes I have to remind her of the advice she gave me. With a little razzing, she usually comes around out of it. But nonetheless I leave the matter in your capable hands," he said to Shield whilst reeling in four more eggs. He was getting close to his goal now. No sooner than he had cast his line again, Calrex managed to dig up yet another chest. Oikawa chuckled as Shield quickly dismantled it and they split the earnings. Oikawa was in awe. At one point he was like Shield in the gathering sense. Before the most recent updates, he was rather skilled at finding chests, [Sub-Dungeons], and various other loot. He was also adept at tracking those who relied on stealth to much. Ironic how the tables have turned as far as that goes. Choosing to embrace the darkness himself.

Glancing up, he spotted the time on on his HUD. "You've gotta be kidding me. The deadline eggs definitely won't be spawning anymore that's for sure."

Edited by Oikawa

"I've got everything that I need." Baldur said as he reeled in his line, and began to pack up. "It looks like the event is officially over. I should have enough for what I was after, the upgrade stamp, and the unique enhancement favor. I've got about half of a dungeon map saved up too. If we can collect some eggs from others to finish it off, we might be able to have a map we can use for our guild, when they get to an appropriate level."

As the Gaijin got his fishing rod put away, he looked towards the exit.

"I guess now is the time to refund my fishing skill, and pick something up to prepare for the floor boss fight. I quite enjoyed this though. We should do something like this again, in the future. Maybe a camping trip or something."

Baldur gave a smile to the group of friends.

"I look forward to getting back together and continuing our discussion of the guild, when we have more to do."

Calrex gave a nod as he accepted the split Shield proposed for the newly opened chest, "Works for me. Unless Tier 4 comes anytime soon, I'm pretty much set with my gear, so I've got no real need to be procuring new equipment."

Almost on memory he had prepared to put a new bit of candy bait on the hook, but soon realized that the batch provided for the event had vanished. In time with this was Oikawa's comment on the eggs no longer spawning, "Whelp, guess that explains where all the special bait went. Looks like I'm still short by thirty-four eggs for the stamp, but at least it's better than it was a few minutes ago, when I was barely past half."

Despawning his fishing rod, the bluenette gave a nod to Baldur's comment, "I probably will be doing the same, but I'm definitely up for another excursion like this. Plus with all of us in a group, it's not like we'll really need to be worrying about monsters getting bold enough to attack us out in the open."

Spoiler

Calrex: 116 Eggs / 57 Materials / 2725 col

Reeling in his own line, Oikawa dissolved the rod back to his inventory and counted up his eggs. A sigh escaped him as he re-counted them a few times just to make sure. "Yep as it stands I am in fact three eggs short. How did I manage that?"

As Baldur and Calrex studied their own piles, Oikawa looked to Shield. "Well it seems not only did you best me and everyone else at collecting for this event, you managed to do so by a wide margin to say the least," he explained with a small laugh. Scratching the back of his neck and swallowing the small amount of pride he had on the matter, Oikawa gestured towards Calrex.

"So that deal you offered Calrex, is that on the table? I'm short about three eggs for the items I'd like to get. If possible, I'd gladly trade you a commission from my shop in exchange?" Oikawa amber gaze averted locking eyes with Shield. He didn't want the situation to be any weirder than what it already was for either of them. But given their talks of becoming guildmates and by extension friends, he hoped his request wasn't to forthcoming.

Checking to make sure everything else was squared away, Oikawa was prepared to head home once everyone else had departed. 

Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 143852 results: Craft: 10 [3 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 136
Materials: 37
Col: 2,000
Rare Consumables: [143144a] [143144b]
Perfect Armor/Shield: [143585a]
Rare Consumables: [143144a] [143144b] [143585b] [143585c]

-84 Eggs
-3 Eggs
New Egg Total: 49

Shield gave a little nod and a laugh. "Gentlemen, I've been farming enough I don't mind helping you out. Cal, this should be all you need for that stamp and for the Easter Bunny's Favor. If you get me the favor, then call the trade even." He gave a nod, drawing up a transfer and sending it over to his fellow front line tank.

Inventory Transfer

Shield wishes to send @Calrex [84 Chocolate Eggs]

Accept [O]           Decline [X]

Next, there was the matter of the few that Oikawa was short. This transaction was a little simpler, but also a little more one-sided. "I might call in a favor someday, but for now, I'm not that worried about it. We'll see what the future holds, but for now, it's just three eggs. It wasn't going to be the difference between getting something important or not for me."

Inventory Transfer

Shield wishes to send @Oikawa [3 Chocolate Eggs]

Accept [O]           Decline [X]

Lastly, he addressed Baldur, turning to face what in SAO standards, was an old friend, and his new soon-to-be guild mate. "Baldur... try not to fall down any more waterfalls, huh?" With that, Shield grabbed the last of his tackle and wandered back down the passage. Still, even as he left, he was excited for the next time they would all meet.

[THREAD REWARDS]

[Shield]

5 SP
49 Eggs

37 T3 Materials
2,400 Col
Perfect Armor/Shield

[143585a]
Rare Consumables
[
143144a] [143144b] [143585b] [143585c]

[Baldur]