[PP-F21-E3] <<Natures Treasure>> Hook, Line, and Sinker

Mari visibly became frustrated when he mouthed the word Clavicles; her eyebrows furrowed in a glare as she mouthed the word 'jealous' back to him. Course, that may not have been needed as Oikawa was quickly falling asleep.

"Really? YOU!?" Mari exclaimed, then with a quick glance to Oikawa then back to Shield she quietened her tone. "You!? And Baldur? Oh please. That's like the complete opposite of the Azure Brigade. The Brigade was all about hoarding things. Wanting all the glory." Mari shook her head as she cast out her line. "Azure Brigade was a bunch of teenagers doing what they do best in these sorts of situations. Boast, project. Normally that wouldn't matter - but when it begins to literally affect lives, that's when it does."

Mari began to reel in her catch, feeling a wash of relief and elation when a large sack of eggs was dragged onto the shore. She reached over and began to collect them. "We all have our moments, Shield. Whilst I don't agree with the actions of that guild, I can't hate them for it, because they were trying to make do with a situation that was thrust upon them. We all are. As you said - they're mostly young. Teenagers. No one could blame them or criticize them too harshly."

Mari reached out to Oikawa who had fallen asleep, a hand brushing strands of ebony out of his face. "I want to return to the frontlines, and I'm hoping to bring a level of balance there. Not only with my build but...would it be wrong for me to say my attitude?" Mari asked.

"I know I can be emotional, but I'd like to think I'm fairly reasonable - having someone coming back can throw a spanner in the works. But it can also offer a new light, give insight into situations and people that would otherwise be overlooked. I just want us to work together. I don't care about glory, col, or items. I don't care about getting the last hit in on a boss - all I want is to work towards getting everyone else out of here."

@Shield

ID:140282  CD: 11 LD: 20
8 eggies  4 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  30x Eggs
5,000 Col
21 T3 Materials
Perfect T3 Consumables: [140238c] [140238d]

Edited by Mari
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

ID# 140283 results: Craft: 4 [0 Materials found] Loot: 4+8=12 [6 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 34
4,150 Col
Perfect Weapon: [140238a]
Perfect Armor/Shield: [140238b] [140241a]
Materials: 6

Shield listened to Mari speak, and all the while an honest, warm smile crept over his features. It was unusual to see. As far as defenses went, Shield tended to be about as guarded as anyone, including emotionally, but there he was smiling. "I think that's the first nice thing I've heard you say about yourself," he said, giving a little approving nod. "Of course, you made a point to surround it with a bunch of criticisms, but it's a start at least."

Shield mulled her sentiments over, trying to think of a comprehensive response. "It's hard to say whether you can bring balance to the front lines or not. I won't tell you any lies about it... there are some hot-heads on the lines, not least of all our Berserk Healer, Zandra." Shield gave a bit of a sigh. "She actually decked me over some misunderstandings. If you're there at boss meetings, there will be players who will challenge you and try your patience. Do I think you'll be able to bring balance? I don't know. Though there's one thing I think you can bring which is limited, and that's maturity..." there was a darkness behind his words, and there was something in his voice that told of his worries on this very subject. "The front lines don' have many older players, and that is a concern." He pulled in another clutch of eggs, adding to his growing stash. 

Edited by Shield

"Well, I don't think I'm quite as old as you or Baldur...but I do have a few grey hairs to my name." She said with a light chuckle as she reeled in her line - only two eggs this time, she had no complaints. There was no competition this time, and now with Oikawa asleep, blissfully snoring away, there was less pressure.

"Zandra...ahh -yeh..." Mari said quietly. "I ran into her recently, she was..." Her rod lowered and Mari paused in her actions as she lay it evenly across her lap. "She...was terrified of me, I was willing to leave things - walk away from the situation but she persisted, followed. Kept insisting I had..." Mari paused and swallowed. She didn't like talking about death so nonchalantly. "Kept insisting I had not only killed, but tortured people I had never heard of. She said some strangers told her, and she believed them over me - because 'why would I choose to believe you when you love killing' Paraphrased, but that's..." Mari's grip on the rod tightened.

"That's how others see me. They don't see a reason to look into things. Why believe Mari? Why bother looking at the monument to confirm truth from lie when its just an orange crystal Pker. That was the attitude- and I know, a lot of people feel the same way, its hard- but I gotta push through. Not just for me but for others like me." Mari shifted her gaze to Oikawa.

"For people like Oikawa who came to me, asking for guidance, for Aereth, and Hidden - who are tangled up in a mess they never asked for - Pkers are.. we're not without sin, but in a world that treats us more cruel than the prisons of outside - I want to be able to offer them a redemption that can't be gained from completing a quest. No one said it'd be easy, and I'd take that resistance head on. I'm stubborn."

Mari shook her head. "Sorry- I didn't mean to go on a tangent there." She gave him a wry smile. "Ya sure I can bring maturity?" She asked, trying to bring the conversation to a lighter note. "I mean you have been grilling me constantly with a pair of clavicles for the better half of the time I've known you."

@Shield

ID:140284  CD:6  LD:4
2 eggs 1 material

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  32x Eggs
5,000 Col
22 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140286 results: Craft: 7 [2 Materials found] Loot: 6+8=14 [6 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 40
4,150 Col
Materials: 8

There was a lot to unpack. Shield was not entirely surprised that Zandra had been so insistent and forceful. "Zandra- she... can jump to conclusions. And she forms hard opinions and can take strong actions based on those conclusions..." He did not know a better way of summing up those thoughts. At least not in a kind light. Although he did not bear her any personal grudges, Zandra's temper was well known and well acknowledged. "It is frustrating that she was to quick to judge. And it sounds as though her circular reasoning was quite impenetrable, as circular reasoning tends to be."

He cast out his line again, watching the bobber settle in the water, visible partially in the darkness of the cave. "Being stubborn can be useful when you are on the side of right, but what happens if you are actually wrong? What then?" It perhaps wasn't a fair question. Everyone had at some point been certain they were correct whether or not the truly were. It was more a rhetorical point than it was anything else, but he was still curious how she might answer. "We have had a lot of very split opinions on the front lines. Sometimes those opinions have led to some pretty painful stalemates." There came a loud whine from his reel, and he caught the crank, turning it backwards to make up the length he had lost since the fish began to try to run away with his bait. He pulled in his line, finding not only a decent sized fish, but also a decent sized clutch of eggs.

Edited by Shield

Mari threw out her line again, resolute to push forward. She had a lot of ground to cover and not a lot of days to do it in.  "Yeh, I tried to tell her -but she kinda refused to listen to reason. Called me daft for expecting someone to fact check. Granted I called her daft first but... In the end, we kinda found some even ground. Throughout all my attempts to reason with her, pushing her away from a quest boss seems to be what actually knocked some sense into her. She apologized, and whilst I'm still hurt by the actions taken - I'm not one to knock back someone who is sincere. I'd like to think our next meeting will do better."

Shields description of Zandra seemed pretty solid; from Mari's experience, it'd be interesting to meet up with her again and see just how different their interactions would go.

"If I'm wrong?" Mari asked with a small laugh. "You mean when I'm wrong. As I am sure I will be at some point." Mari turned her attention to the water, something gurgled beneath her float.

"I think it's important to listen to other peoples views; right and wrong are often matters of perspective. So it's important to take into account other people's feelings, and their view. We are all too busy talking to each other, but rarely do we truly listen."

A sharp tug on her line pulled Mari forward and she had to do all she could to not rustle Oikawa from his slumber. "Shi-" Mari tugged back hard, refusing to let the river swallow her fishing pole. With a final burst of energy Mari hauled up another treasure chest and wiped her brow. "I really didn't hide a bunch of chests in here." She gave him a wink. "Promise."

Mari leaned on the chest. "But yeh, I can admit when I'm wrong. while it is always best to believe in oneself, a little help from others can be a great blessing, and a great insight."

@Shield

ID:140287  CD:12   LD:19
8 Eggies  chest

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  40x Eggs
5,000 Col
22 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Opening Chest: ID# 140288 results: Loot: 11+8=19

• [16-20] = 3,150 Col, 8 materials, perfect armor/shield, 2 rare consumables

Total Loot:

5,150 Col

"That sounds a little like having your cake and eating it too," Shield said, not unkindly, but perhaps a little more directly than some might. "I have dealt with many stubborn people throughout the years," he went on, kneeling down beside the new chest and breaking out a key. "One of the characteristic traits of being stubborn is the inability to see when you're right or wrong. I suppose stubbornness and closed mindedness are not synonymous, but I would still have to say there's at least a correlation."

He held out a key, which activated and opened the chest as always. The readout was decent, and it had a little something for him and for Mari as well. "Consumables for you, and equipment for me. Not a bad find. Even if it was there to sabotage me." He collected the items and set up the transfer, passing the majority of the contents over to Mari, while holding onto a thousand Col and the set of armor that came with the chest.

Inventory Transfer

Shield wishes to send you:
2,150 Col
8 T3 Materials
Rare T3 Consumables: [140288b] [140288c]

Accept [O]                   Decline [X]

"How long should we wait to wake sleeping beauty over there?" he asked, nodding his head towards the sleeping Oikawa. "He's not gonna be happy when he wakes up and realizes that he's not in the lead anymore."

Edited by Shield

"Mmmmmm.....I wonder though," Mari began as she shifted off the chest for him to open it. "How many of those people spent over a year in isolation, how many of those people had time to reflect on all those actions - if you had asked me before - I'd have told you to f**k off. I'd have scoffed and not taken things into consideration."  Mari cast out her line and watched as it plopped into the water.

"Maybe I'm not as stubborn as I once was, maybe I'm more motivated than stubborn? Mmm, no that's not right..." Her brow furrowed. "I can't think of the word - I may have my moments, buut I feel like I stumble over my words a lot of the time, especially..."  Mari paused as she gave him an accusatory side glance. "When I'm flustered." Mari was tempted to tell hem she rarely knew if she was right- that she didn't even know if what she was doing now was right, but - that wasn't being stubborn that was a matter of self worth.

Mari pulled hard on her rod and reeled it in, it wasn't a big boon - but hey, it was better than the pittance of eggs she had been fishing up in their last encounter. She grew quiet for a few moments, then spoke. "I'm still trying to figure out who I am right now. Am I the Pink PKer? Cold and distant, ready to snap at anyone who comes near me? Am I...even a mother anymore? Am I just some wishy washy person who can't get her head straight...I unno..." Mari shook her head with a sigh, it was no use getting all philosophical, especially with her present company - a sleeping youth and a man intent on making her cheeks permanently tomato red.

Mari clicked accept. "I'll have to follow you to your store after this, you sure you're fine with sending me the Col? I don't mind if you take that."

ID:140289  CD:3  LD:6
4 Eggs

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  44x Eggs
7,600 Col
30 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 140290 results: Craft: 2 [Nothing]

Total Loot:

5,150 Col

"That," Shield said, and rather sharply despite his usually collected exterior, "is one thing you should never question: your parenthood. Is she still your daughter, even though she's gone?" He let that question hang in the air, his dark eyes intense and serious, but not angry. "Of course she is. You don't stop being a parent just because you're not with your child. You banish that thought." He knew that he had a tendency to be opinionated, perhaps even preachy, but opinions of him be what they may, he was not going to let Mari doubt this of all things. "When you first felt that she was growing in you, it changed you forever. And don't you dare pretend like you don't remember what that was like."

Shield's fishing rod was forgotten by his side. He hadn't even cast it. He remembered himself and tossed it out into the water, but his heart wasn't in it, and for that matter he had barely cast in water deep enough for fish to swim, let alone chests and bundles of eggs to be found. "I am sorry if that came across as angry. Sometimes if someone beats themselves up too much, it's difficult not to jump in and pull aggro to defend them. Blame the tank in me, I suppose." It was in this moment when he thought back and remembered his own father and how he showed love in odd, seemingly unloving or even cold ways, that he realized how he was doing much the same thing now.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 140300

CD: 7 [+2 Materials found] | LD: 5 (2+3) [2 Eggs found]

Materials: 15 (T3)

Other: 2 Rare (T3) Consumables

"That,"

The string of words to follow stirred the brunette from his impromptu slumber. Hazily, he adjusted to a more upright position. Whatever seemed to be going on, Oikawa could guess that conversation resolved around Mari's past. She seemed perplexed over whatever they were on about, though given Shield's apology Oikawa could almost reason the tank felt as strong about it as she did.

Lifting his hands to sweep the crust from his eyes, Oikawa chose not to comment as he felt whatever it was, it wasn't his place to add his two cents without hearing the full conversation. Locating his rod, he lazily looked over to see if he had magically acquired more eggs in his sleep. "That would be a resounding no," he mused. A little more awake, he offered @Mari a soft nudge. "Thanks for not pushing me into the waters below, despite my using you as a pillow at some point. Though I'm beginning to realize falling asleep around you is becoming more common," he explained with a light laugh. Glancing over to @Shield and his egg count, Oikawa's eyes widened. "I see you must have taken a break from chest opening if you've surpassed me now," reasoned the brunette.

Casting out his lure out, the familiar tug of a haul gripped his line in caught his attention. Spinning the line back, he managed to drag in a couple more eggs for his stash. "And just like that we're even," he said as tossed the hook out once more.

Edited by Oikawa

"Thatt," 

Shields sudden and loud exclamation made Mari jump. He was curt, and there was an underlining anger no doubt fuelled  by frustration at her statement. Mari knew where he was coming from, and knew his anger stemmed from him being a parent himself. "You never accidentally took the life of your child though..." Mari whispered. She would never think Evelyn was not her daughter. Ever. "She'll always by my daughter." Mari said quietly. Her hand subconsciously went to rest on her stomach. She remembered. She remembered the cravings she had for chocolate covered steak - she remembered the lower back pains, and she remembered the elation she felt when her daughter kicked her for the first time. Those were things you would never forget. "Sorry, Shield."

"It's not harsh I just." Mari blinked back tears. "I'm trying so hard to be strong for her. But knowing I'll never see her smile, or her laugh - I won't get to see her grow grow up, and it's all my fault." Mari shook her head, reeling in her fishing line - she hadn't felt much like letting it sit out in the water any longer. She barely paid attention to the eggs that she had hauled up onto the shore- they sat there, glistening with droplets of water.

Mari turned to Shield and tried to give him a brave smile. "Let's just enjoy the rest of the day - I still have a score to settle with you."

She turned her attention to Oikawa, who had finally stirred. "Hey." she gave him a small smile. "I wouldn't push you into the river, you'd scare away all the fish and eggs." She said with a wry grin. "And yeh - do I bore you that much that I put you to sleep every time?" Mari quipped. 
@Oikawa @Shield

ID:140408  CD:7   LD:13
6 eggies  2 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  44x Eggs
7,600 Col
32 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140428

CD: 11 [+4 Materials found] | LD: 7 (4+3) [4 Eggs found]

Materials: 19 (T3)

Other: 2 Rare (T3) Consumables

Eggs: 44

Oikawa had only briefly had this discussion with Mari before. He would never be able to feel the pain or loss she had, the way she had. Nor would he be on the same level of concern as Shield, not because he didn't care or couldn't empathize, but simply because he wasn't like them. Judging from Mari's words, Oikawa could only assume that in some capacity Shield was a parent too. If not to his own, maybe a guardian of sorts? He kind of knew what that was like, but he only ever cared for his younger siblings as an older brother who had to raise them sometimes. Nonetheless, it wasn't the same. He let their conversation run its course. He would be sure to check with Mari about it another time, as it seemed she wanted to change subjects for the time being.

Unsure what to say, he figured it was best to keep the topic somewhat lively. Snapping in another few eggs and materials, Oikawa spoke aloud to no one in particular. "Hmm, if you two keep dawdling, I'll end winning your little rivalry in no time." He didn't want to implicate the previous topic wasn't important, but he did want to ease the transition to something less painful for her. "As for putting me to sleep? Hardly. Climbing back and forth between all these floors is tiresome to say the least." Looking out for more chests, Oikawa readjusted in his seat. "I imagine that all the chests Snowflower here has shored up already? I haven't seen one in a little while."

@Mari@Shield

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 140445 results: Craft: 3 [0 Eggs found] Loot: 19+8=27 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 48
5,150 Col

There were two reasons Shield was sorry to see Oikawa had stirred and only one of them was related to egg counts. He was much more concerned about Mari's self-blame for consequences that were the result of another's wickedness, but this was a very personal matter, and they now had an audience. He gave her a reassuring nod, or as much so as he could do nonverbally, and turned back to his fishing. He cast his line and settled back into his seat from before. It wasn't long at all before he felt the familiar tug and then slack on his line. Without the resistance of an actual fish pulling against him, he made short work of pulling in his new bundle of eggs - one that was a much more satisfying catch than those he had been finding or rather not finding at all.

"You'd better let Mari know that if you intend to stay in the lead that she needs to start remembering where she hid those chests she sank out here earlier," He stacked up the brimming bag of eggs on top of his pile and pulled back his arm, sending his next cast out deep in the center of the underground lake.

Edited by Shield

Mari gave both Oikawa and Shield a half-hearted laugh. She hoped it didn't sound forced. She used the back of her hand to rub away any remnants of tears. She needed to be strong here. Oikawa had come to her for help and that was twice now...he had fallen asleep against or around her - and all jokes aside - one could only do that if they trusted the other, and felt safe enough to do so. Mari wasn't going to take that away from him.

"You say that Oikawa...." Mari said, it was clear by her voice that she was wavering. Shield was right - she wore her emotions on her sleeve. Mari had to fix that. She swallowed, cleared her throat - and her next words were said with more confidence. "But wandering floors does not make one fall asleep upon another." She deadpanned.

Fwweeeeeee

Out went the line and into the lake. A cursory glance at Shield showed him giving a nod. Their conversation was done. Good. Mari didn't have to worry about that at least. Her line tugged and she quickly reeled it in. A half dozen eggs had been dragged up and onto the shore. The conversation was peaceful, lighthearted and Mari began to feel she had no part in it. Still, she soldiered on. Always wearing that faint smile of hers.

"Ahhh." She said in jest. "One does not tell others her many secrets, especially when it comes to hiding chests. You wouldn't believe what Shield had me do upon loosing the last competition."

@Oikawa @Shield

ID:140446 CD:7 LD:15
2 Materials 6 eggs

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  50x Eggs
7,600 Col
34 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140447

CD: 3 [+0 Materials found] | LD: 13 (10+3) [6 Eggs found]

Other: 2 Unidentified Rare Tier 3 Consumables [140241b] [140241c]

Eggs: 50

Oikawa stifled a laugh as Mari recounted whatever silly thing Shield had her do as a result of their last competition. "And what pray tell, might that have been?" he questioned. She wasn't wrong about the floor treks however. It wasn't often he became tired from those, especially after traversing for this long. That said, he had been feeling a lot more exhausted these days and it could be that the stress and depression was affecting him more than normal. He sighed, dismissing the thought in the process and focusing on the line ahead.

"You're right, perhaps I just find you...comfortable," he managed to squeak out as he reeled in another half dozen eggs. Glancing over to everyone else's piles, his brow furrowed in disappointment. "Man that nap really set me back. It's nearly impossible to stay ahead of you two now. Hopefully one of you fishes up another chest instead of more eggs." Not that fishing up chests were bad by any means. Heck most players would be ecstatic to get one these days with how much better gear there was to be had on higher floors.

@Mari @Shield

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 140448 results: Craft: 7 [2 Materials found] Loot: 13+8=21 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 56
5,150 Col
Materials: 10

Shield gave Mari a look and shrugged, as if to say 'you're the one who brought it up, so you get to deal with that question.' It was a marvel how well she had managed to dig a hole for herself, and he would eventually bail her out if she needed it. In the mean time, he was curious to see how she would answer. Also in the mean time, he pulled back his fishing arm and cast out into the water once again. It was only a matter of seconds before he got a bite. It was substantial, but not overpowering. He pulled it in in no time. However, while the fish may not have been substantial, the haul was. He suspected from his endless fishing that eight was the most one could find at a time.

"Nothing to be embarrassed about," Shield said to Oikawa. "Much of my utility side of my build is designed with fishing and chest finding as a staple for my gathering. It just so happens that the event favors my particular skill set and occupation." He collected his catch and stored it away with the rest. "That said, this may be the most literal example of 'you snooze, you lose' I have ever seen."

Edited by Shield

Mari coughed when Oikawa asked what Shield had made her do, not that anything had happened yet, and Mari had great doubts, that it ever would. "Uh, nothing really. Ya know, just two old people poking fun at each other." She said. Mari was somewhat relieved Shield didn't reveal too much information. Mari was more worried about what Baldur would say. It was bad enough that he had been dragged into their bet. "I just have to go eat dinner somewhere with someone, nothing too bad."

"You find...." Mari shook her head in disbelief, normally she'd have arked up at him, denied him. Told him he was an idiot - crazy. Foolish, maybe even have thrown in a good f**k off. For good measure. Instead she drew in a deep breath and sighed. "I can't imagine, in any lifetime -where I'd be comfortable enough to-" She paused. Hadn't Hikoru fallen asleep in her lap? Alkor? Although Alkor may have been faking it, she couldn't know.  Just how many people had fallen asleep against or on her? Mari held out her hand, trying to count.  "Ya know...I gotta ask -" She turned to Oikawa. "I've had a sh*t tone of ya'll fall asleep on me. Why is that?"

@Oikawa @Shield

ID:140449   CD:2  LD: 19

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  50x Eggs
7,600 Col
34 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140450

CD: 3 [+0 Materials found] | LD: 20 (17+3) [8 Eggs found]

Eggs: 58

"So a date?" questioned the brunette with a smirk. Glancing over to Shield to see what he had to say about it, he was met with his usual stoic expressions. Though Oikawa swore for a moment his look towards Mari was that of 'you're on your own with this one'. Shrugging it off, Shield returned his focus to his fishing. Returning his focus to Mari, Oikawa stifled a laugh her next comment. "When you word it like that, it sounds like..err..oh...nevermind aha." Straightening his face, he raised a brow in thought for a moment. "I'm not quite sure why it happens to be honest with you. Maybe you just have that attraction about you," a sly grin appearing. "But enough of that talk Snowflower. Tell me about your date? Is it with the fisherman or another fellow?" he asked directly.

Turning to Shield, he responded to his previous comment. "It's tragic how right you are," confirmed the brunette to Shield as they both launched their lines again. "It is interesting how such a niche play style can yield so many more rewards than that of a traditional build though. Was that your goal when you initially logged in or was it a result of observation?" he would ask to the tank as he himself reeled in another eight eggs.

@Shield @Mari

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 140463 results: Craft: 10 [3 Materials found] Loot: 7+8=15 [6 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 62
5,150 Col
Materials: 13

"I was a statistician in the real world," Shield replied, doing his best to deflect attention off of Mari. She was already having a tough time with her nerves over the whole thing and didn't need the extra attention. "When I joined SAO, it was actually to settle an old score with none other than my adventuring partner and... 'husband,' technically... Beat. We were rivals in another game, me a statistician who broke down the numbers to be able to manage a top-tier build and a full-time job, him a head-strong and stubborn gamer who got where he was by sheer grind and bruit force." He threw out his line again, reeling slowly to give fish a chance to bite. "I planned to be a tank. Everything else was by gaming the system and breaking down the numbers."

The reel creaked and squawked angrily at him as something bit his hook and tried to abscond with the bait. Shield held his ground battling it back to shore with effort and determination. "In all honesty, DPS mob farming does have an edge over my build, but the other side of running the numbers in a death game is playing the survival game. I would much rather build myself as a turtle and find out how to make the profitable than to gamble with my life as a glass cannon to reap bigger rewards."

Edited by Shield

Mari vehemently shook her head as she cast out her line. "No-no...nothing like that." Her grip tightened on the rod; even though she most probably lost. She doubted Shields little 'bet' would come to fruition. It just...didn't seem like the thing Baldur would want to do. Mari was fine with just having friends. It ws more than she could ask for anyway. "To be honest, I doubt the dinner will even happen. It'd be nice though..."  She cleared her throat, quickly adding. "Yanno - since I don't get to eat nice food all that often." There, that'd clear the air right? And it wasn't exactly a lie.

Mari was surprised that Shield didn't jump at the chance to join in and tease her. Instead it seemed that he was doing his best to take the attention away from her. Mari gave Shield a thankful look. As he and Oikawa talked about builds and strategies - Mari quietly fished. Pulling in the line to haul up a stack of 8 eggs; alll neatly tied in a netted bag. Mari tore the bag open with her hands and started to place them away one by one.

"My initial build is a DPS who specailizes in DoT - but now I'm going to work Healing into that. I am an alchemist so may as well use it; I just need the materials to back that up now." SHe said, deciding to join in on the conversation lest someone question if she was ok or not.

@Shield @Oikawa

ID:140557  CD: 6 LD: 20
8 eggies 2 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  58x Eggs
7,600 Col
36 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140657

CD: 3 [+0 Materials found] | LD: 20 (4+3) [4 Eggs found]

Eggs: 62

"A numbers man then. Respectable and an oddity in our..um..dilemma...if you will." Brushing a hand through his chestnut bangs, amber eyes darted to the line that began to show signs of some life. "A valuable skill though if I'm being completely honest," he commended. His attention was then returned to the ginger lass between them. A flustered look painted her features as she her head vigorously shook from left to right. Oikawa couldn't help but chuckle initially, but his expression softened as Mari explained the situation a little more. He was unsure if she wanted the date, but given her response he felt that she didn't feel worthy of going on one in the first place from her tone.

Oikawa gave her shoulder a small squeeze and words of encouragement followed. "Any guy would be lucky to take you out. Don't be so down on yourself." He was half tempted to flick her in the forehead, a homage to Mari's knack for flicking him in the head when he was being to pessimistic to himself, but decided against it.

Reeling in his line to retrieve the four eggs delicately collected at the end of his hook, Oikawa looked up at Shield's mention of mob farming. "Back when I still held [Gatherer] as a skill, that was my go to weapon to farm materials for my smithery." Mari soon chimed in. Mentioning her recent decision to delve into a more support role. Oikawa nodded in agreement. "Surprisingly enough, I was looking into it as well. We have plenty of DPS but we are lacking in tanks and support from what I've been told." Not bothering to look at their egg piles, Oikawa cast out his line again. "So how many eggs are we at now? I'm approaching sixty-five I believe." 

@Shield @Mari

Edited by Oikawa