Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 140664 results: Craft: 1 [Nothing]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 62
5,150 Col
Perfect Weapon: [140238a]
Perfect Armor/Shield: [140238b] [140241a]
Materials: 13

"I'm right around there," Shield said, taking a cursory look over his finds so far. "As usual, my catches are either bountiful or nonexistent, but unlike usual, the latter has been much more common." He shrugged, unconcerned at this point. His fishing had still been fruitful, and although his competitive side would nag at him, there wasn't much to complain about at the end of it all. "At some point, I am going to start marathoning these event dungeons. I don't know if you've looked at what can drop, but I'm not spending any of the limited purchase items until I've gotten every piece of loot I can from those dungeon crawls."

He pulled in his line and frowned at the empty hook before tossing it back out into the water again. "Speaking as a statistician, unidentified demonics likely only have mundane enhancements, but the potential to reshape them after something unique is found on one is easily at least worth the effort of looking." Shield mulled the numbers over, scratching a few figures into the air. "I figure... any given one has roughly... twenty percent chance of having a unique. So roughly every fifth one should be noteworthy in some way or another."

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mmm...." Came Mari's soft reply. She got the gesture, and the words - and knew that he meant well - but her track record didn't really give her a lot of faith in herself. She didn't like the idea of tricking someone into a date - perhaps tricking was a strong word...but Mari wasn't quite sure - the Gaijin Samurai seemed more focused on numbers and the frontlines than anything else - and what Mari felt? It was just a physical attraction mixed in with feelings of ...of...Mari shook her head, she wasn't sure. There was no reason to dwell on it, because there was little chance of it even happening. Right?

Instead, Mari cast out her line. She listened to Shield talk his numbers, and gave a small nod. "Yeh - I'm wanting to do the dungeon maps before using the stamps or any other items. I already have a demonic blade - my Burn/Burn and Bleed/Bleed dagger - along with my familiar. A dagger may not be the best in terms of brute damage, but I am able to whittle away at others health easier - I also have my flame Aura armour - so unless something really sticks out - I'm kinda fine with coasting along with what I got."  Mari gave a tug on her fishing line, and reeled up another large satchel of eggs, as she was putting them away Oikawa asked how many she had.

"Eh?" Mari opened up her HUD. "I'm...at 66 - I'm hoping to hit at least 80 to 100 during this trip but..." She couldn't exactly tell them what was really bothering her. Her thoughts were still drifting around her daughter, and the memories that bubbled up from that. "I am beginning to feel pretty drained." She admitted. At least it wasn't a lie. 

@Oikawa @Shield

ID:140668  CD:4 LD:17
1 material 8 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  66x Eggs
7,600 Col
37 T3 Materials
Perfect T3 Consumables: [140238c] [140238d] 
Rare T3 Consumables: [140288b] [140288c]

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140732

CD: 5 [+1 Materials found] | LD: 15 (12+3) [+6 Eggs found]

Materials: 20 (T3)

Other: 2 Unidentified Rare Tier 3 Consumables [140241b] [140241c]

Eggs: 68

Oikawa gave them a quizzical look as they mentioned special dungeon maps and demonic loot farming. He did only skim the event however, so it made sense that he wasn't familiar with what they were talking about. He had his own set of demonics as well. A set that defined his play-style and gave him notoriety in one-versus-one combat. He was unparalleled at the time to say the least. though that was because numbers, health, over-health, and damage was quite different back then. Brandishing the six eggs that he had just reeled in, Oikawa tossed at his line once more before chiming in. "Hmm when it comes time for the dungeon raids you speak of, I'd love to join if you can spare the room. I'll of course provided what I can in eggs as I assume they are a reward to be bought as well right?" Glancing more towards Mari, Oikawa chuckled at as they both mentioned not being too far ahead of his egg count. 

"Hmm well I guess this is still winnable given I just hauled egg number sixty-eight." Jokingly he nudged her and patted his lap. "If you're still feeling drained in a bit, you can always reverse the roles and take a nap here."

@Shield @Mari

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 140776 results: Craft: 10 [3 Materials found] Loot: 15+8=23 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 70
5,150 Col
Materials: 16

"I can't speak for all of them, but I'm going to be netting as much as I can," Shield said, giving a nod to acknowledge the offer. He wound up his line from the last cast and tossed back out into the water again. "Of course, friends will get priority on any party slots for the dungeon, with particular attention to those who can soldier on and keep up with my grueling, break-neck pace." He gave a little half-smirk, because he was only half joking. It was rare that he found other players who could keep up with his fervor for loot grinding, though the two present might have been an exception to that little rule.

The crank of his reel tried to turn backwards, only stopped by the strength of his fingers and lucky positioning of the handle. He pulled back, and the line moved with him. It would not be an uphill battle on this one, which was a relief. Shield began to wind up his line, and soon enough, he had a decent sized fish with a belly full of eggs flopping around on the shore. "My tally so far says seventy. That's more than half of a dungeon map right there!"

Edited by Shield

Mari lazily cast out her line again. She was trying hard to pull herself out of her self inflicted funk, but it was harder than she would want to admit. If it wasn't for Oikawa and Shield she'd probably have stopped by now. But Mari wanted to save face, and use her companions to help pull her back up to lighter spirits.

"I feel like I may be over achieving for my egg counts... I almost have enough for everything I need but..." Mari trailed off. "I can get a little competitive sometimes." She glanced toward Shield. "Doesn't help when I'm pitted against someone else more competitive than I." She mused with a wry nod.

Her rod jerked up as she reeled in another group of eggs. Now she was at 70. By her calculations she should have enough for the stamp and the re roll items. Now she just needed to work on the dungeon map.

"I don't know who I would have with me on the dungeon crawl...don't exactly know all that many people these days. I'd imagine my present company has other plans."

ID:140944 CD: 4 LD:8
4 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  70x Eggs
7,600 Col
37 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 140942

CD: 9 [+3 Materials found] | LD: 7 (4+3) [+4 Eggs found]

Materials: 23 (T3)

Eggs: 72

Whilst still grasping the handle of his rod, Oikawa managed to flick up the menu and locate the announcement for the Easter event. Scanning it over, he paused a moment. Slapping his face, Oikawa shook his head and called over to Shield. "Oi, you may want to hold your horses on that little plan. If I'm reading this right, while you can do the dungeon multiple times, you only get the special rewards from it once." Suddenly his line pulled, causing the menu to vanish from view as he brought his other hand to the reel. Tugging back and forth, he finally managed to dislodge the the fish from the watery clutches of the lake and plop the four eggs it held into his stash. Momentarily satisfied with his triumph, Oikawa continued. "You can never be too competitive in an MMO like this. Aside from your drive, the only people that suffer from it are those that can't keep up. I'm sure Shield can attest to that," he explained with a grin.

"As for a dungeon crawl party, I imagine not only would myself and Shield join you, but you mentioned Baldur and Macradon as well. I think all of us wouldn't mind beating up some egg themed monsters with you." Gazing back out towards the cavern lake, Oikawa sighed. "You sell yourself short Mari. Shield tell her." He wasn't sure what he was going for but he hoped Shield could add some insight to his simple words.

@Shield @Mari

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 140947 results: Craft: 7 [2 Materials found] Loot: 16+8=24 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 78
5,150 Col
Materials: 18

"Unfortunate," he sighed in response to Oikawa's observation. He brought up the event text and scanned it, confirming the discovery. "But it is unfortunately in line with the way events tend to go. Also unfortunate is that your party you just rattled off exceeds the limit of players that can enter at a time." Shield pointed to the number 'four' next to the dungeon's player limit. "But some combination of those players will definitely accompany you. I have Beat, who will need to go through the dungeon as well. That's six players at least, and I know more will answer the call. Mari, in particular, there's a pink haired young tank who might like to accompany you if it's safe for her to do so." He gave Mari a little smile. "She spoke very highly of you."

Shield's line went tight and he reeled in against the strain of yet another fish. It put up a fight, though not a very good one. He landed the fish in no time and stored the fish and its eggy contents in his inventory. "I'm pretty satisfied with where things are. I need to head back to deposit my finds soon." 

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 140942

CD: 9 [+3 Materials found] | LD: 7 (4+3) [+4 Eggs found]

Materials: 23 (T3)

Eggs: 72

"Ahh you would be right," responded the brunette as Shield pointed out the party limit. Wrestling with his catch, Oikawa carefully reeled in another set of eggs. He then cast out another line. "I agree with Shield. At any given point we can amass the maximum and according to this verbiage you can just as easily go with the bare minimum of two. Needless to say, you have options," he explained with a soft grin. Checking back through his last hauls, Oikawa could tell his numbers were beginning to dwindle. "Hmm, I wonder if its a time thing or just a coincidence, but my last few catches have been subpar to say the least. I'm barely getting more than six eggs, which while only two less than the current maximum, has been far to consistent with not getting the maximum you know?" He was still getting eggs at the very least, just not the amount he would have cared for. At this rate, Shield would more than likely beat them out. "But I'm with Shield, overall I'm pretty satisfied with today's loot. I pretty much have what i need to get the rewards I want."

Edited by Oikawa

"Ahh. yeh, Yuki - quite the bullheaded lady, ain't she?" Mari said with a small laugh. "I...respect her, but I don't feel comfortable bringing her along to the Tier Three event dungeon. I won't have the capacity to look after her properly, and I already worry about her as is. She keeps on ignoring my advice - I'd rather not enable her compulsive and destructive behavior." 

Mari threw out her line. "She's...courageous and has a strong will - but I have a feeling she's gonna throw herself into an ear death situation if she keeps up. Still...I appreciate your words, both of you."

She paused as she turned her attention to her rod, which something was pulling hard on, She quickly reeled it in - pulling in a large hoarde of 8 eggs. Mari patted the pile of eggs. Satisfied with her haul thus far. She hadn't quite hit a hundred, but she was close enough. "It seems like you're both finished up then?" Mari asked with a tilt of her head. She could have kept going, and whilst she was struggling to maintain a more light-heated tone right now, she much preferred to be in their company than to be alone with her thoughts.

@Oikawa @Shield

ID:141171  CD:3  LD:16
8Eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  78x Eggs
7,600 Col
37 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 140954 results: Craft: 9 [3 Materials found] Loot: 17+8=25 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 86
5,150 Col
Materials: 21

"I'm not packing up just yet," Shield said casting out into the water and resuming his steady pattern of casting and reeling in steadily. "There is still a lot to do to prepare for the upcoming dungeon. If I'm not rolling into that place with every conceivable loot bonus I can get, I'm doing myself a disservice." There was a lot riding on those RNG drops, and he wasn't going to allow a lack of preparation be the thing that screwed those up. If he missed out on those top tier drops, it was going to be because the random number gods had completely forsaken him.

He went to reel in his line, but the line pulled back. He wound against the resistance, but it did not come easily. The fish on the other end was strong, at least considerably so. However, it was not so strong that Shield was in danger of losing that battle. He kept a slow march of progress, walking the fish against its will closer and closer to shore until it hit the shallows and didn't have enough water through which to propel itself. Shield drug it up onto the shore and went down to claim his prize. "There we go," he said, observing the bundle of eggs inside of it. "Hopefully this good fortune is a sign of things to come and not some cruel trick of fate."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID: 141320

CD: 7 [+2 Materials found] | LD: 13 (10+3) [+6 Eggs found]

Materials: 25 (T3)

Eggs: 78

"No problem Mari," the brunette stated reassuringly. Oikawa then nodded in agreement with Shield. They had much to accomplish before this benchmark was taken on. More so himself than the others. Or so he hoped. The once renowned frontliner was so out of the loop regarding the frontlines that he wasn't even sure what gear to bring. His once profound demonic gear was not only under-powered, but also favored a build he no longer used. 'The Faint' merely a shell of his former self in that sense. "As they say, we shouldn't count our eggs before they hatch. There's still plenty to be done in the coming weeks. Which frankly isn't a lot of time." Glancing down to his now trembling pole, Oikawa spun back the reel as he managed to yank the pleasantly plump fish from the lake. Depositing his eggs and materials, he tossed his line back out.

Glancing back over to Shield, he picked his brain once more. "If you have the knowledge, could you be so kind as to impart to me what I need to collect as far as consumables and what I should bring to this monumental raid?" He really wasn't even sure if the things he had back home would be of any use. It had been so long since his last boss raid. "Hopefully, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to restock up," he thought hopefully. "As far as being done, I practically live here and I enjoy y'alls company. So I suppose whenever you decide to leave I'll head on back myself."

@Mari @Shield

Edited by Oikawa

Mari breathed a sigh of relief when Shield said he wasn't ready to pack up. Good. She'd have time to process things a little more. "Yeh...I could use a few more eggs..." Mari said as she threw out her line. She was close, very close to a hundred eggs now, that with the 170+ eggs she'd already gained, it was on par to what she needed. Any more than that was just bonus at this stage.

Mari quickly jerked her rod and began to reel it in when she felt the pull of a decent catch. Slowly but surely eggs began to be pulled out of the surface of the water, an entire half dozen. Mari gave a faint smile as she picked them up. "Well, I'm only about 16 away from a hundred - so I'm pretty satisfied with what I have." She began to put them away.  "You may say we shouldn't count our eggs before they hatch buuut...." Mari moved her finger in the air as though she was counting. "I count over 300 eggs by the time the day ends - and I'm fairly confident I'll hit close to four hundred before the event ends."

Mari gave a sideward grin toward Oikawa. "So, plenty of time." She shrugged. "You just gotta catch up I guess."

"If you need any alchemist consumables let me know, I'll craft them for you. I don't need money, but a little extra materials definitely helps. That offer is extended to you too Shield."

@Oikawa @Shield

ID:141341  CD: 12  LD: 13
6 Eggos 

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  84x Eggs
7,600 Col
37 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 141351 results: Craft: 3 [0 Materials found] Loot: 3+8=11 [6 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 92
5,150 Col
Materials: 21

Shield considered Oikawa's question. "There are a number of things that would be beneficial," he thought aloud, searching his memory for consumables that were must haves. "I mean, theories abound about how dangerous this boss could be. A full stack each of safeguards and antidotes is probably wise, as well as the mass heal crystals that Baldur and I spoke of before." There was more, but he was dipping into obscure sources. "There are some more specific and rare finds as well. The Bane of Blood potion from the quest by the same name is very good. It gives slight regeneration during any combat for the length of an entire day. There's the Terra Firma Scale from the Bloodstained Lands quest that just grants a bonus slot of mitigation that stacks with whatever you have already... You could add Toxic Venom to your weapon, which slightly boosts DoT." 

As he spoke, his line gave a tug and then went slack once again. Shield reeled in, and as expected, his hook had been graced once again by a bag of brightly colored eggs. "It all depends on what kind of bonuses you're hoping to get. To damage, to defense...? What all are you hoping to boost?"

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID: 141377

CD: 6 [+1 Materials found] | LD: 14 (11+3) [+6 Eggs found]

Materials: 26 (T3)

Eggs: 84

Oikawa's lip twitched at Mari. "That's easy to say now. I was asleep earlier which is the only reason you are ahead now. Mmm," teased the brunette with his tongue slightly poking out. "Any who, to answer your question Shield, I think I would be focusing on a little bit of all the above. The way my build is now, I don't excel in team combat as a DPS nor do I function well as a tank or support. I'm heavily geared for one on one confrontation and player versus player combat."

His thoughts briefly filled with memories of his various duels with frontliners of the past. His record nearly unscathed in duels. Shaking his head, he focused on the eggs he was hauling up and Mari's offer on consumables. "Ahh I almost forgot you were an alchemist. It's been a while since our..uhh..event on the tenth floor where you used to reside."

Sighing, Oikawa tossed out his line again. "I guess I should for sure get more safeguards, and maybe tackle those two quests you mentioned. I just took on the pirates before heading over here and netted a nice sum of col in addition to some eggs and skill points."

@Mari @Shield

Edited by Oikawa

Mari had cast out her line again, watching it bob in the water as Oikawa and Shield talked about builds. She was half listening. "I have a stack of antidote; no safeguards yet. I should probably try to craft them but they can be a bit tricky...I do have two respites - maybe after this I'll spend a day crafting." She paused. "Although, I really don't like that tent anymore."
Shield started to talk about rare item drops from mobs; she made a mental note to start doing some of those higher leveled quests - she had been slowly working through them all from the bottom up, and was only just now reaching the 'harder' ones. She could probably solo most of them but didn't like doing things alone. It was...bothersome...and, well. Lonely.  "If you want...I'll come with you on one of those." Mari offered Oikawa. She paused to reel in her line, frowning when she had a pittance of eggs attached to the end of it - along with a single baby guppy that wriggled to and fro on the end of the hook. Mari picked off the eggs, then carefully detached the guppy, throwing it back into the river. Mari shrugged when Oikawa told her it was easy for her to catch up. "Not really, I have no skills that give me loot bonuses like Shield does. You just gotta yanno, get better."

@Oikawa @Shield

ID:141448 CD:7  LD:6
4 eggies 1 material

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  88x Eggs
7,600 Col
38 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 141483 results: Craft: 9 [3 Materials found] Loot: 9+8=17 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 100
5,150 Col
Materials: 24

Shield felt another hard pull on his pole. He reeled it in close to shore. "Mari, I believe the phrase you're looking for is-" he looked Oikawa in the eye and pulled hard on his line, sending his catch flapping helplessly through the air, its underbelly clearly full of eggs. "-mad 'cuz bad." His luck had turned around considerably from his early catches, and with the discussion shifting away from competition and what quests to pursue, Shield felt the matter of his victory was more or less settled.

"In any case, regarding those quests, you would have to do them multiple times for every present to get the drops," he explained, unhooking his catch and storing it away with the rest of his mounting count of both fish fillets and chocolate eggs. "Both of those items I mentioned are last hit drops. While sometimes it can be worth it to chain those kinds of back to back quest runs, it can be a little draining." Shield was no stranger to long, repetitive grinds. It was half of what got him to where he was. However, he had only known a handful of players who didn't get sick of it after so many attempts.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID: 141527

CD: 8 [+2 Materials found] | LD: 7 (4+3) [+4 Eggs found]

Materials: 28 (T3)

Eggs: 88

"I'd imagine so," responded the brunette with a chuckle; ignoring their taunts at his expense. "Hmm I'm no stranger to soloing quests, but it is as you've said. The task can be daunting when done back to back. Especially given my current status and sub optimal build for questing." Twiddling his line between his fingers, he leaned back and sighed. "I think it's worth shot though. And you should get back into crafting Mari. Maybe see about moving your shop to your current floor. It's what I ended up doing with my forge. Having it on the lower floors was beneficial at first, but after the 'event', there was little business and I needed to seclude myself." He remembered buying what is now Seijuro Manor. The plot of land not to far from where they currently sat.

His line once again tugged at him. His attention was then captured, much like the fish, and fixated on the eggs he acquired. It was no contest at this point. Shield would clearly out farm them, but the challenge was fun, nonetheless. "I guess it's safe to say I concede on this little bet we have." 

@Mari @Shield

Edited by Oikawa

Mari snorted at Shields phrasing. "Mad cuz bad!? Is that what the kids are saying these days. My, my. Didn't pin you as the type to be down with 'it' whatever 'it' is."  She cast out her line.

"You know how many times I've had to do avalanche!? please I'd revel in the chance to repeat any quest that isn't that bloody ice golem."  Mari was no stranger to repeating quests for their drops. And as long as the floor wasn't inside a burning volcano she was the kind of person who was more than fine with repeating things. It kept her busy, gave her something to do. Mari feared being idle, and the thoughts that would come from it. For all her talk of taking things easy - she was terrible with her own advice. 

Mari reeled in her line, for a last haul - half a dozen wasn't half bad. Mari grinned as she put them away.

With that Mari stood and stretched. "Right. I actually need to make my way to the event shop." She put away her rod and stretched. "I'm just glad I wasn't betting anything this time. You're a cunning and dangerous man, Shield."

ID:141774  CD:9  LD:15
6 Eggies 3 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
  94x Eggs
7,600 Col
41 T3 Materials

@Shield @Oikawa

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Searching for Chest - ID# 141596 results: Loot: 7+8=15 [Chest Found!]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 100
5,150 Col
Materials: 24

"I accept your defeats most humbly," Shield said, solemnly inclining his head. He too packed up his tackle, storing his fishing rod and stretching his arms. "I'm gonna take a quick victory sweep of the area," he added, activating his search mod and wandering along the wall nearest them, peering through the green filter and information overlay that overtook his vision. His hand slid along the wall until he saw a little ping at the corner of his vision. There was an indicator highlighting one of the small stalagmites that was just beginning to form on the ground.

Shield tilted his head, inspecting it from side to side before stepping on the top of it and pressing down with his boot. The stalagmite slid smoothly int the ground, and a false wall beside him slid up and out of the way, revealing a small alcove just large enough to store a chest - which is exactly what was occupying it. Grasping it by the handles on its sides, Shield hauled the container out of the wall and set it on the ground. "Perfect end to an outing!" he said triumphantly, kneeling down beside it.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID: 141902

CD: 8 [+2 Materials found] | LD: 23 (20+3) [+8 Eggs found]

Materials: 30 (T3)

Eggs: 96

Collecting the last of the eggs from his own catch, Oikawa placed his rod back in his inventory as well. Stretching out, Oikawa nodded as everyone seemed to be content with being done for the day. Mari had mentioned she wanted to check out the event store and Oikawa had half a mind to join her, but he had a few more eggs to collect before turning them in. Turning to Shield, who seemed to be enjoying his victory, spoke of doing one last sweep before heading out. Expecting nothing to turn up, Oikawa nudged Mari while Shield looked around. "Well since you were kind enough to invite me into your home, I am now extending the same to you."

"Perfect end to an outing!"

Oikawa glanced up in time to see Shield retrieving a chest from some hidden hole in the wall. "And how in the world did you manage to find that?" The question was rhetorical, but the brunette was surprised nonetheless. "Well see what's inside. It's gonna get dark and chilly soon."

@Shield @Mari

Edited by Oikawa