[F1-PP] Possibilities (Third Lessons)

Eruda gets home late to her shop last night and tells Sam who she will be going with in the third lesson quest. Her heart sinks a little as she hears Setsuna's name knowing that she didn't like Sam very much. Sam sits in bed for half the night staring at the Guild invite that Raidou sent here earlier. Sam manages to fall asleep for a while. Waking up she decides that if today went well with Simmone, Gaius, and Setsuna then she would accept this invitation for the guild.

Getting out of bed, Sam realized that Eruda had already left. Looking at the time as it was 6:30, Sam sents a message to Simmone, Gaius, and Setsuna saying "I will get the third lesson's quest set up. meet you at the fountain in the town of beginnings." With three separate chimes of her HUD, the messages were sent and she gathers her equipment and heads out to the quest board.

Sam gets to the quest board accepting the third lessons quest and sents an invite and quest shares to all three and sits on the edge of the fountain to wait for the others to accompany her.

Spoiler

Sam - The Red Rose:

Level: 9

HP: 180/180

EN: 18/18

Weapon: Grand Cleaver - Stone (Damage 3)

Misc: 

Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: +3 Loot Dice

Damage: 8

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

Two-Handed Battle Axe (Rank 2): 4 Damage

Battle Ready:

Edited by Sam

A sudden response from a girl who was still beside the guild, a recent occurrence to Raidou's behest. Who she was to call such a shot was still to be determined. "Your lucky it is Raidou wishes or I would remove your tongue." a whisper to the alley she was taking rest in, adjusting her equipment and katana into position. A short jaunt to the quest board in a cold and quiet approach, a paid glare to those dared to pass in front of her as she walked. "I am here, where are the others?" Setsuna said cooly toward Sam being rather impatient wanting this trivial nonsense behind her as more ample use of her skill set was what she wished, not this rather waste of time. Dropping herself to the rim of the fountain, bringing her legs up to her chest, and taking a moment's respite she quietly enters a state of calm.

Spoiler

Setsuna, Creature of the Mist:

Level: 13

HP: 260/260

EN: 26/26

Damage: 9

Evasion: 3

Equipment:

Weapon: Demon's Gaze (T1/Perfect/Katana) +3 Base Damage

Armor: Cold Fabric Kunoichi Wear (T1/Perfect/LA) +3 Evasion

Misc: Silver Covetous Serpent (T1/Rare/Trinket) +2 Loot Dice

Skills:

1H Curved Sword: Rank 1

Katana: Rank 3

Disguise [Extra]: +1 Evasion until next turn, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

Web Retrieving Gloves (T1/Uncommon/Clothing) +1 Loot Dice

A sudden message, but one she was expecting after the call from Eruda. The stone already passed to Shiina and the other in her care "I suppose its time, Sam taking the first initiative I see." A waved hand to her NPC girls bring the stone to her grasp. Still dormant the small rock of light, she would carry the burden "I want to see what your all capable of, Let's see if this little charade proves to be more than a dream." Simmone chuckles and exits the black odyssey. It doesn't take her long to find her way into the town of beginnings. "Sam, good morning dear." Simmone smiles and pays a greeting to the jet black haired girl before her attentions shift to Setsuna "or good night I suppose?" as the girl looked serene in the sleep she was stealing in the pause between activities that were about to transpire.

Simmone Equips Glowstone! (Negate Low/No Light Penalties)

Spoiler

Simmone, The Black Cat

Weapon: Glowstone (Negates Low Light/No Light Penalty)

Armor: Embrace of the Lotus [L.A.] (T1/Perfect): Evasion 1, Recovery 2

Misc: Cat's Gaze [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) +3 Accuracy

Damage: 2

Accuracy: +3

Keen: +1 BD after landing a strike, for the next attack

Recovery 2: Recover 2 EN on CD-6+

Evasion: 1

Bleed: 12 Unmitigateable damage each round for 2 rounds (9-10)

Skills:

1H Rapier: Rank 1

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on Next Attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inv:

Gilded Lotus [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)

Ornate Quicksilver Rapier [Rapier] (T1/Rare) Bleed 1 (12 Unmitigated Damage per round for 2 rounds on NBD 9-10), Keen (+1 BD after successful attack on the following attack.)

Edited by Simmone

His breakfast so rudely interrupted, luckily it was just about rounded up or he would be much more pissed. "Who the hell do you think you are?" Gaius barks at the message to his tavern, looking back to the one patron who stares him down. "Duty calls, take that meal to go. Get the hell out, but feel free to come again later." the sweeping typhoon shouts edging them out of the building with his weapon drawn in an intimidation tactic. Turning and locking the shop down with the turn of a gold key he shoves into his belt, Gaius skips for a moment pole vaulting as he sprints toward floor 7's settlement like a child eager to play with a new toy. The warp gate turns off, the blue fading as Gaius shouts "I am here, let's get this s*** moving along. I would like to not starve to death and I am itching for a fight."

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon

Equipment:

Weapon: Dragoon's Ascent [2HA.S.] (T1/Perfect) +3 Base Damage

Armor: Dragoon's Plate [Heavy] (T1/Perfect) 1 Mitigation, 2 Heavy Momentum

Armor: Dragoon's Scales [Light] (T1/Perfect) 1 Recovery, 2 Light Momentum

Damage: 9

Mitigation: 9

Heavy Momentum: Every missed attack adds +2 Base Damage until the next successful one

Light Momentum: Every missed attack adds +2 Accuracy until the next successful one

Skills:

2H Assault Spear: Rank 3 (+5 Base Damage)

Disguise [Extra]: +1 Eva this turn, Cool down 3 turns

Battle Ready:

Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]

Sam watches as Setsuna falls into a slunder. Simmone approaches, greeting her and with a smile, Sam says "Good morning right back. I'm sorry to wake you so early," as she looks back to Setsuna. Gaius moves to them with some hefty word to give. Sam stands from the fountain's edge and says "Well it looks like everyone is here so yes Gaius lets get this over with," seeing how persistent he was to put an end to this quest before it even started. Sam taps Setsuna on the shoulder to wake her before moving opening her HUD and looking at the quest details. Knowing now that they had to speak with Hannah once more, Sam starts moving toward the grove that she was last seen. 

Sam makes haste toward the grove and has a conversation with Hannah about the quest. Hannah mentions the darkness of this cave that they were about to head to and Sam looks at the gang with a confused look saying "Does anyone have something the light this area we are about to go to because I really rather not go in blindly looking for these gems that Hannah wants." Sams HUD chimes with the updated information and a marker revealing a location. 

A silent jerk to snap Sam's hand as she moves in for a tap, "Do not lay a hand on me. You would be foolish to assume you would surprise me with such things." Setsuna snapped as she rose from the edge of the fountain. A sharp glare Setsuna sends the party invites that Sam had forgotten before she follows behind to Hanna, allowing the NPC to monologue on about the dangers and the gems they would need to acquire. "A danger is only to those without preparation and skill. I will be fine." Setsuna said with a cold chill on the phrase toward the NPC, not fearing the darkness as it was her element after all. A stare to Gaius Simmone and Sam before she turns and starts the path toward the objective marker, her patience was thinner than that of Gaius as this was cut in her development and was nothing more than a waste of the time she had.

Edited by Setsuna

With the venom on Setsuna's tongue as she removed herself from Sam, flinging her hand away. "Grouchy, I guess do not touch her Sam." in tow as Setsuna took the helm of the journey and dropping party invites to which Simmone accepts. "I would like to see where that aggression is placed in combat, it has its uses." Simmone whispers to Sam, doing her best to avoid Gaius who was a blundering fool. "I have the lighting covered, but it seems as though the girl does not care if it is dark or not. Shame as at Eruda's behest I have brought this." showing the inactive glowstone to Sam in her clutches. "We have nothing to fear, let's finish this in record time and move on to the next in sequence dear." Doing her best to follow behind Setsuna who was already building a headwind from the rest of the party, darting through the trees on a rapid trip.

Gaius looks at Sam "Hey, you don't have the right to tell me s***. Your lucky that mister guild master wants this done, and frankly I don't have time to waste kicking you're a** honey" Gaius chuckles following behind the cold Setsuna who had the right idea. To Hanna Gaius starts by completely ignoring the NPC and allowing it to just spew its steamy hot garbage dialog "Yeah yeah get to the point already, I'll just destroy whatever it is. So stop talking and point the way." Hanna pays him very little mind as Simmone jabs his back. "You too, lucky I don't want to whoop you're a** either. All of you lot, so afraid of this crap when it's not anywhere near as hard as you think it is. Stick the pointy end into the creature and it dies. That's it. For F*** sake." Gaius barks as he does his best to keep on Setsuna's heels.

With Setsuna and Gaius yelling at her she frowns a bit and excepts the party invite, which she thought was already done but apparently she didn't press the right button to do so. Looking to Simmone with some tears trying to build up but knowing that if she showed weakness that this would only get worse. She really wanted to be apart of this guild but she wasn't sure she was actually welcomed to do so. Sam nods to Simmone and makes haste toward the cave. Getting to the cave entrance Sam is at a loss of what to do. The last team took orders from her, no questions asked but Gaius and Setsuna were not the willing types. Sam shuts her mouth and waits for the others to take action before she pisses them off even more as she thinks of ways to fix what she messed up horribly.

A soft landing from the canopy of trees as she drops, fluttering leaves to her sides. Lifting the mask of her gear covering the lower half of her mouth with the darkened blue cloth, Setsuna turns and sees the rest of the group behind her in a short stint. A shift of her head points the mouth of the cave out to the others. It was dark enough to reduce vision to only a few feet into the entry. Staring in and rubbing an open hand to the wall shows it slightly wet with moisture. Setsuna crouches down and feels the rock that composes the flooring and shuts her eyes. No movement from the ground proves her senses would be of use. A closed eye to a raised hand to the party, she listens to hear anything that describes the danger they face. But nothing more than silence comes back to greet her.

Simmone allows Setsuna whatever she was doing playing with the walls and floor, watching in silence as the girl begins a few questionable actions. Interesting... Simmone thinks to herself as she and Sam remain silent, striking the stone it begins to light up in her grasp. When the girl intends to head inside I'll simply allow her the lead, let's see what becomes of her leading this journey. the thought crosses her mind as she places a hand on Sam's shoulder in comfort, the girl obviously shaken by the affair and words from Gaius. She should not take to much of what Gaius says to heart, he's an idiot who talks more than he bites. Its a front from what Simmone knows of him, she saw his attempts to comfort Shiina before. He just appears to be an a**, her read is he is just struggling to find out that he isn't one.

Gaius watches in awe and irritation "I don't know whatever the hell this is supposed to be, but it is stupid." walking into the mouth of the cave. It is dark and Gaius struggles as Setsuna snatches his ankle causing him to fall forward. "What the HEL..." he turns to berate her but it is cut short by the steel of her katana pressed to his throat. "Shut your mouth." Setsuna glares at him to which it causes a moment of pause. He recognized that almost feral glare from when she had completed her Gemini. Gaius pushes the blade away, picking himself up and kicking the dust off with a pat of his clothes. He would have to teach the child a lesson in manners at another time, but for now, there was more of a pressing matter to attend to and Gaius was eager to fight this 'danger' that Hanna had spoken of then fighting the rest of these weaklings.

Sam feels a hand on her shoulder and glances down to see it was Simmone's. Sam watches as Setsuna stops Gaius with a face plant to the ground. Sam jumps a bit at the notion but walks carefully to the side of Setsuna with caution saying in a whisper looking into the dark cave "You take the point, I'll follow and give support" as she struggles to find the right words to say to her. Sam didn't want to piss Setsuna off even more than she was. Sam takes her weapon out and crouches next to Setsuna waiting for her to walk it first to evaluate the situation knowing that it could be dangerous. Sam looks to Simmone and the light in her hand with a small nod. Sam starts to think of what Raidou had told her earlier about how they didn't need to like each other but they had to work together. With that understanding, Sam waits for the next step and order from Setsuna.  

Edited by Sam

A nod the girl was showing caution and understanding the difference between blundering around through the motions and more precise action. This was Setsuna's element, find out what you face from reliance on your senses and a significant execution once the stage had been set. Simmone provided a light at her back, a small hand beckoning her forward and luckily Gaius remained silent through the affair. With the light at her back her vision drawing them deeper into the cavern. To the center an obvious trap. Setsuna turns a sharp gaze to the rest of the party, a point to the center. "Take to the center. I will act at the first sign of resistance. This is a trap so draw your weapons as soon as you pick up those stones. Keep that light lit and high." Setsuna explained before a white mist begins to pool around her small frame as she vanishes into it.

Setsuna activates disguise! +1 Evasion until next turn

The party happily obliges, Gaius drawing his glaive as Sam withdraws her own battle axe. Reaching down and disturbing the gemstones in the center a rumble is cast through the cavern. Stones begin to roll and form humanoid shapes, as a glint of blued steel appears on the fringes in the darkness. A jagged line drawn in from the darkness as the mist seems to flow about the field. Appearing out of it a quick slash tears a red line through two in a quick skip of two blows. Turning Setsuna vanishes back into obscurity. Beforehand she shouts "It's on you!" to Gaius to see if the imbecile would understand the draw.

ID# 149932 results: Battle: 8, Hit! vs Cave Guardian #1 dealing 9 damage to Cave Guardian #1

ID# 149933 results: Battle: 1, Missed! vs Cave Guardian #2

ID# 149934 results: Battle: 8, Hit! vs Cave Guardian #3 dealing 9 damage to Cave Guardian #3

ID# 149935 results: Battle: 1, Missed! vs Cave Guardian #4

Players                                
Sam    180/180 | 18/18 | DMG: 8 | LD: +3                
Setsuna    260/260 | 21/26 | DMG: 9 | EVA: +3 | LD: +2 | DSG [0/3]        
Simmone    260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 1 | EVA: +1 | REC: 2 [CD:6+] | ACC: +3 | CONC [0/3]    
Gaius    260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | REC: 1 [CD:6+] | DSG [0/3]

Hatred:    Mobs:
(0,1,0,0)    Cave Guardian #1    HP: 11/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)
(0,0,0,0)    Cave Guardian #2    HP: 20/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)
(0,1,0,0)    Cave Guardian #3    HP: 11/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)
(0,0,0,0)    Cave Guardian #4    HP: 20/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)

Edited by Setsuna

As if out of nowhere as the jewels were lifted a rumble gives way to rolling stones building shaped men of rock. An elegant show of strength from the small girl, tearing across the field in a flash of blue light and flowing mist as they sprung the trap she had noticed. "Well aren't you a big thing." Simmone chuckled holding the glowstone high to cast light on the interior as they begin to shuffle toward the party. A quick lash toward Simmone, she pirouettes and avoids the blow "Shame on you, trying to touch a lady without anything to buy her hand. I suggest you pay better attention to your surroundings big fellow." Simmone chuckled as over its shoulder Gaius was beginning to whirl his weapon around. She knew that if there was one thing Gaius was good for, this was it. "I would turn around if I were you, as I am not the one you should be worried about."

Players                                
Simmone    260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 1 | EVA: +1 | REC: 2 [CD:6+] | ACC: +3 | CONC [0/3]    
Gaius    260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | REC: 1 [CD:6+] | DSG [0/3]

(0,0,0,0)    Cave Guardian #2    HP: 20/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)
(0,1,0,0)    Cave Guardian #3    HP: 11/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)
(0,0,0,0)    Cave Guardian #4    HP: 20/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)

A twirling of his weapon begins to cast wind about the chamber, a pressure of air as Gaius keeps spinning the hefty polearm around his body. A sudden toss of the spear airborne Gaius goes for the one threatening Simmone first in foremost. The glaive impales the ceiling and Gaius leaps to claim it, ripping it out of the rock while its lit green. Shouting down to Simmone "I'd get the hell away from him if I were you!" and as she moves Gaius pushes off with both legs dropping like a meteorite with his polearm sheering straight through its back. A quick rip from left to right in a wide arc quickly slams into two more around the chamber. Setsuna slides in from her mist and dissects the compromised creatures to pieces as Gaius slams into them shattering their defenses. Precise and surgical Setsuna slides a quick few cleaves into each opening to a spray of data. A turn and a nod to Sam, Setsuna expects her to create the same.

Gaius activates Disguise! +1 Evasion until next turn & Trip Expand!

ID# 149936 results: Battle: 4, Craft: 7 [+1 EN], Missed vs Cave Guardian #1

ID# 149937 results: Battle: 10, Major Critical (+2 Base) vs Cave Guardian #2 dealing 66 damage to Cave Guardian #2 killing it.

ID# 149938 results: Battle: 7, Hit! vs Cave Guardian #3 dealing 54 damage to Cave Guardian #3 killing it.

ID# 149939 results: Battle: 8, Hit! vs Cave Guardian #4 dealing 54 damage to Cave Guardian #4 killing it.

Players                                

Gaius    260/260 | 15/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | REC: 1 [CD:6+] | DSG [0/3]

(0,0,0,2)    Cave Guardian #2    HP: -46/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)
(0,1,0,1)    Cave Guardian #3    HP: -43/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)
(0,0,0,1)    Cave Guardian #4    HP: -34/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)

Edited by Gaius

Sam watches everything happen so fast. Setsuna does some damage to a few of them. Gaius brings in the wind and kills all but one while causing openings for Setsuna for the final hits. Seeing a nod from Setsuna, Sam knows what is wanted from her and tries to create the opening. Using the sword art that she only used once before, Sam sees her weapon glow red and swings wide. Two gashes fly through the air going right over the Cave Guardians' head hitting the wall behind him. "DAM IT" Sam calls out knowing that this was her chance to show them what she could do but failed. Knowing that all eyes were on her from her team she looks down to the ground highly disappointed with herself. 

Setsuna waits for the opening that never comes. The creature swings in the direction of the blue light that darts past him but misses. The Cave Guardian roars at its failure and focuses on the blue light once more.

Activating Whirlwind!

ID# 149940 results: Battle: 5 Misses!

ID# 149941 results: MOB: 2-3=0 Cave Guardian #1 Misses! vs. Setsuna

Players                                

Sam    180/180 | 16/18 | DMG: 8 | LD: +3                
Gaius    260/260 | 15/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | REC: 1 [CD:6+] | DSG [0/3]

Edited by Sam

A sudden shift in the creature's defenses coupled with Sam's missed swing breed a forced extraction. It's no good, I need to wait for another opening. the girl thinks as her mist fades away, leaving her exposed as she darts down to a massive stone column being fired in her direction. A slide back as the cyan colored light on her blade fades, avoiding the blow entirely. A quick glance around shows that only this one was still standing, making her next course of action clear as the stone Simmone was carrying in her hands. "Gaius." Setsuna barks to draw his attention, shifting back from the beast as its attentions are fixated on her newfound exposure. Her feet carry her building distance as she shifts and slides between attacks in her direction, the stones disrupting the ground and walls around her as she continues to kite each attempt the creature makes.

ID# 149942 results: Battle: 2, Missed vs. Cave Guardian #1

Players                                

Setsuna    260/260 | 20/26 | DMG: 9 | EVA: +3 | LD: +2 | DSG [1/3]        

Edited by Setsuna

The group makes short work of most of the hostile party of rock creatures, all but one. "Keep it up dear, your doing fine." Simmone looks on to Setsuna as she keeps narrowly avoiding each attack at her, the golem seeming almost agitated at the girl it couldn't pin down. A quick glance to Gaius who was still recovering from his skill stasis. "Do something you buffoon, before it catches her." Simmone barks hoping to convince Gaius into action. "Yeah yeah keep your shirt on, can't let the little one have all the fun." Gaius chuckles spinning his weapon back and A quick lunge toward the creature with its back turned to him. Thank goodness, for a moment there I found myself worried. The heck is wrong with me, this is the first time...since...Not now Simmone. she has a mental debate with herself, not sure why she is so invested in the other's wellbeing.

Players                                

Gaius struggles to keep in tow with the rampaging golem, screaming about behind Setsuna as she bobs and weaves through each concussive blow aimed at her. "Hold still damn it!" Gaius barks throwing his glaive like a javelin toward the creature, who shifts slightly out of the trajectory causing the polearm to impale the wall hard. Becoming visibly agitated by the whole affair, Gaius started to twirl his weapon around after ripping it out of the wall. The weapon begins to gain more and more speed, matching his frustration and his intention as it takes a green hue. The next that would land would be quite a show to behold, Gaius would make sure of it. Keeping pace with his slowed jaunt, Gaius was playing ring leader and waiting for the opportunity to arise. Hopefully, it would before the beast managed to make contact on Setsuna, who was doing her best to avoid the onslaught. 

ID# 149943 results: Battle: 3, Craft: 8 [REC: +1 EN]

Heavy Momentum activated: +2 Base Damage until the next successful hit!

Light Momentum activated: +2 Accuracy until the next successful hit!

Players                                

Gaius    260/260 | 15/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | REC: 1 [CD:6+] | DSG [1/3]

Edited by Gaius