[F22-PP] A potion that cannot be made (Witch of the West)

Turns out on the very floor that the guild hall is on, after some research on the topic that Shield had mentioned Raidou is made aware of a potion that would benefit the guild. It would be interesting if I could study it and reproduce the effects somehow... Raidou thought in silence sitting in his usual place at the head of a long redwood table, staring over the statistics he had paid for in earnest before he transposes a message to the guild. "I am heading for a witch in a tower, if you want to join me and help look around while I deal with her that would be ideal. Who is willing to take on the task?" Raidou presses send and through mirrored lenses awaits a reply patiently, leaning over his arms on the table with his fingers interlocked. He would go regardless, but having an extra set of eyes would be ideal.

Quest Information Purchased (3000 Col) Regarding: «King of Lakes», «What We Fight For», «Witch of the West»

Raidou consumes Well-Done Steak (Protein 2), Poached Egg (Accuracy 2), Titan's Strength (Damage 3)

Raidou | HP:1040/1040 | EN:104/104 | DMG:22 | MIT:56 | EVA:3 | ACC:5 | BH:52

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 52
HP: 1040/1040
EN: 104/104

Stats:
Damage: 22
Mitigation: 56
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 5
BH:52

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
One Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1
Teleport Crystal*1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eruda was messing with a few items on her crafting table in her shop when a message arrives in the guild chat from Raidou??? Opening it quickly, as a small smile forms across her face with a simple reply saying: "Always, I will be there soon. Where do I meet you?" Eruda closes her HUD with a chime as she sends the message thinking to herself a witch in a tower. From his message, it sounds like he was going to take on the creature by himself. With this thought, she knew there had to be a reason for this decision. There always was when Raidou was involved. Eruda quickly cleans up her mess while she waits for a response fro him. Thinking again that this would most likely not be on floor one given what she concluded she gathers her things and equipment and heads out to the warp gate. She sits on the edge of the fountain waiting for the response that would bring her elsewhere ready for whatever Raidou was planning.

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 21
HP: 420/420
EN: 42/42

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 45
BLD:12
TAUNT
THRNS:18
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Bleeding Edge - Malice (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Resistance Plate - Lily (Damage Mitigation 3 (+27 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 3]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

Sam heaves another boar across the field on the first floor as a guild message formed in the left of her vision. Seeing it was Raidou and not Eruda this time she puts her axe away and opens the message. "Hmm a witch, sounds interesting being next to a tower and all. I will be there shortly even if it is to look around." Sam sents the message and with the chime of her HUD, she pulls her axe back out and obliterates another boar before heading to the beginning town. She realized that she had no idea where she was going as she puts her weapon away sents another quick message saying: "Where exactly?" Sam makes her way in the starter town and finds Eruda sitting next to the warp gate. "I should have known that you would be going too. It is Raidou after all," said with a small giggle. Sam waits for a return message for more information than what was given prior.

Spoiler

Name: Sam
Level: 20
HP: 400/400
EN: 40/40

Stats:
Damage: 11

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Grand Cleaver - Stone: Damage 3 (3 Base)
Armor: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: Loot Dice 3
Misc: Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Ax [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Fire Brand - Din: Accuracy 3
Assault Division Bracelet: Rec 2, Acc 1
Teleport Crystal*1

Sparks fly from his anvil with repeated blows of metal on metal, using a pair of calipers to bend and twist it before removing it and allowing Vulcan to breathe on it. The familiar was proving useful as a furnace. Retracting the piece it was beginning to take shape appropriately as per the girls standard but the material was difficult to work. He bends and twists the curved sword carefully around the edge of the anvil but working with this alloy was taxing. A sudden message calls his attentions away and dabbing a bead of sweat on his neck with a white rag he quenches the blade with the scream of steam, flipping it open. "I'll be there boy." Griswold barks out to his shop and after some issues, he manages to reply the same through the guild chat. Collecting his armor up for the journey, bolting them to his body he looks to his new pet "Come on, let's go kill us a witch."

Vulcan flares in heat and with a couple of quickened lunges join by his side as he shifts the stone to hide his shop from the rest of the floor.

The responses flood in quicker than he had expected, it seemed as though the guild was beginning to work more cohesively which was all part of the plan. Picking up his things from about the interior, the final being his red robe. "Juiblex, an early payment for your service." Raidou comments removing a black vial from his pocket and popping the cork top, which is quickly ripped into his sleeve by a blackened string from the concealed familiar. Seconds later an empty vial slides into his palm. He types a message into the chat box as fast as the first:

Meet me outside the guild hall, it is on this floor and close by.
~Raidou

Retrieving the red tapestry that was his robe from off the back of the chair he was sitting and a few objects from the guild vault in preparation, he would have this potion the witch had. Through blood, if he had to.

Edited by Raidou

Messages flooding the guild chat soon after hers. Sam and Griswold would be with her. Seeing Sam appear next to her soon after and the response of a weird comment from her, Eruda says "I wouldn't have it any other way. Raidou calls I come. Nothing more to it." She knew that the last statement wasn't true but she needed Sam to not bring up the repeat of conversation from before. Thinking about Griswold though and her dream she got a bit angry though. Moments later another message from Raidou giving the location to head. "The guild hall's floor, let's get moving Sam," she says as she steps to the warp bad and vanished to floor 22. 

Making her way through the unforgettable trees leading to the building, she was kinda excited to see Raidou once more. The fact of the matter was that she enjoyed anytime she got with him, even if it was involving a quest of sorts. Standing at the doors, Raidou. "Nice to see you again," she says in a small voice standing next to Raidou waiting for the others to join. She knew that Raidou probably had more information of what was to come so she waiting to ask any questions until she knew it was necessary to ask them.

Sam arrives shortly after, confused with the statement that Eruda provided. Making her way through the tree lines the guildhall become visible. Seeing clearly now Raidou and Eruda standing in front of the doors. Sam pulls her axe with a smirk and words to be said "So a witch. Why is she so important. What will we be doing in the meantime? I hope we get to fight something." Sams words started to get a bit overwhelming. Sam's eyes glance to Eruda's as they were glaring back at her. Standing up straight knowing that look from previous occurrences she shuts her mouth tight and puts her large axe away as Eruda says "Patience. Wait for Griswold." Sam simple nods three times and sits on the ground next to Eruda feet and looks around in the distance. Sam puts both hands on her mouth to prevent herself from talking more before Griswold showed up.

Heavy steps beating a path toward the hall he had been inside once or twice, mainly for meetings and the like. The ground beneath him give away puffs with each step, to his side the familiar was leaving small black marks that quickly regenerate after. "I am here, what are we dealing with." Griswold cuts out rather bluntly. "Let him speak." Griswold says to Sam, this one was a talker. The smith had work to attend so he was hoping this was going to be a short trip, the steel he was working wouldn't build itself. Vulcan takes a few steps forward seeming to remember the blonde then looks to Sam who was sat down and breaths in heavy, huffing her to get a sense of what she was. "Don't eat her, she's one of us." A flare of fire before Griswold tosses a hunk of slag to it to which it laps up, grinding and crunching noises before magma pools out of its mouth to the ground.

His inventory was in a prepared state, and after a short period of waiting the rest of those who would join him make it. "Everyone is here, I will explain on the way." A simple response as a flutter of his robe with a pivot, he did not waste time so killing two birds with one stone was preferred. Allowing those that were coming to keep pace, Raidou messes with his HUD and quickly fires party invites before the explanation continues. "There is a witch and multiple flying hostiles. Monkey's like straight out of Oz. They will be my task, but I can only deal with this alone for potential threats it could pose to the rest of you. However, I need you three to look around the castle while I take care of the problem. There is a concoction she produces has unique qualities and they are one I wish to reproduce or at the very least find a decent quantity of. This is where your task lies. Sam you will not raise that weapon, I will not have you put yourself, Griswold and Eruda at risk." Raidou looks to her with a cool but obvious order.

Eruda follows closely to Raidou knowing that he would be taking on the witch alone because he never mentioned anything about back up just for others to tag along. Hearing that there would be more than just the witch though she begins to worry just a bit. Eruda thinks back though at his health pool and his regen of it. Knowing that he wouldn't go into anything unless he was prepared as well gave her a little relief too. Hearing the task at hand of what they would need to find Eruda says "I will make sure to find it. I will keep them safe as well. I will not let you down." Eruda's voice was soft and sweet but straight to the point. In a smaller voice though keeping pace with him she says "Be safe though. If it gets too rough, fall back. Come back to me okay." This was said very straight forward with almost a demanding voice in only words that he could hear. With that, she continues to walk pace with him saying nothing more paying attention to her surrounding more now with a small blush.

Sam hears the words Raidou says about the potion needing to be found and to NOT pull her weapon by any means as she follows behind them, hoping that it would be more entertaining that it led out to be since they don't get to see the light of fighting. "Okay Sir" Sam says with a tone that could be mistaken for mockery. This was not her intention. She would follow her guild masters' orders. "I thought this was going to be more exciting though. I guess I could make myself be in a gathering mood though. I will find that important potion you want without a pull of my weapon. But what if something attacks us...Can I pull it then?" Sam seemed to be really intent on killing something but she knows that damage was extreme on these floors. She didn't know if she could handle such things but she would be prepared for anything at this point if it means not being at home doing anything.

Griswold simply keeps in tow listening intently to the specifics, coining the lad in red as a kid with a strong head on his shoulders. "Alright I'll dig around and see what I come up with." he comments with the pathing getting closer and closer to the point you could see the winding path that took to the steps of the structure. The familiar seemed tamed by the ore it was fed earlier, its heat a more dim flame which held only a soft light like a lantern around them. "We'll keep safe while you deal with her lad, try not to stick your neck out." Griswold offers the words but was already well aware of how cautious the boy was in combat, after the warg he knew he would not take any unnecessary risks. Vulcan seems a bit troubled but perhaps its indigestion, seeming to huff away at the ground for a moment before quickening its steps to keep up with its master.

Without hesitation in his walk to only those of extreme perceptions could tell there was blackened liquid bleeding off of his steps that immediately dig into the ground where they fall. Juiblex had picked up on the repressed unspoken words from the swordsman, targeting Sam and manifesting from behind her as a black tendril snags her ankle before being soaked into the soil. Sam falls on one knee, which causes Raidou to turn with a reddened flare in his eyes. "You will not draw your weapon period, once I have a greater understanding of what is going on then perhaps we can look into some other method. But I will not have you putting everyone else at risk because you're impatient." if you listen carefully you can hear his voice take a slightly deeper tone, as his familiar slips back within his pant leg and back under his clothing. Turning to continue walking, he places a hand to Eruda's shoulder "I will be fine Eruda." as the red flare in his iris fades "I have planned for this."

Moving into the castle walls Raidou breaks from the group, leading up the spiraling staircase and into the central chamber. "What's this?" an inquisitive voice in green hide stares him down "Another who dares to enter my domain, you've made your last mistake!" and as she raises a hand, feathers on spread wings lunge from small sockets in the rafters above him. "Hardly." The swordsman comments ripping Auric Sol from its scabbard and with a wide sweeping burst of light that causes them to evaporate like mist with only small bits of feathers falling softly through the air.

ID# 155626 results: Battle: 9+5=9, Minor Critical (+1 Base)! dealing 276 damage killing Flying Monkey 1
ID# 155627 results: Battle: 4+5=9, Hit! dealing 264 damage killing Flying Monkey 2
ID# 155628 results: Battle: 5+5=10, Hit! dealing 264 damage killing Flying Monkey 3
ID# 155629 results: Battle: 2+5=7, Hit! dealing 264 damage killing Flying Monkey 4

Players:
Raidou | HP:1040/1040 | EN:87/104 | DMG:22 | MIT:56 | EVA:3 | ACC:5 | BH:52

Enemies:
Flying Monkey 1 | HP:-126/150 | DMG:70 (35 Min) | MIT: 20
Flying Monkey 2 | 
HP:-114/150 | DMG:70 (35 Min) | MIT: 20
Flying Monkey 3 | 
Flying Monkey 4 | 

Edited by Raidou

Eruda doesn't turn when Sam falls. She knew that Sam had to learn one way or the other. Eruda simply stays looking forward and walks a bit slower. Hearing Raidou's words, she couldn't agree more. Like she told many before her, anything can happen and yes risks need to be taken with a grand assault but not this time. Eruda nor Sam or Griswold would be able to handle the mobs attending this floor so the less attention the attracted the better. Raidou had touched her shoulder with words of confidence as he walks into the large building before them. A moment later Eruda hears voices and data popping from inside and another scream that sounds like the witch herself. "He will be done in no time. Let's go find that position shall we?" Eruda starts to walk around the building trying to keep an eye on the building and her surroundings at the same time. Finding nothing in the area around them, she continues on.

Sam is brought to a knee for speaking ill. Knowing she didn't trip, she thinks about Raidou familiar now. It had been the one to bring her to her knee as Raidou turns to her with Raging serious eyes. Listen to every word that was yelled at her she covers her mouth with both hands once again and simple nods to Raidou's words. Raidou walks into the building. She kept her hands over her mouth with slight tears in her eyes. Looking at Eruda who starts to wonder as she speaks as well. Sam gets to her feet and looks to Griswold.  His fire dog was still sniffing at the ground for he could sense the other creature that was with Raidou too. Sam frowns, knowing that she was wrong for what she said and unequips her weapon from her gear. Thinking to herself...DO NOT PISS RAIDOU OFF>>>DO NOT PISS ERUDA OFF>>> Sam repeats this in her head and she starts to walk behind Erida not talking at all now, looking for the potion that Raidou wanted them to find.

Edited by Sam

Griswold pats Sam's back for a moment as a method of reassurance "The boys not dumb if he's telling you this its for a reason. Do as he says, he's smarter than you think." Griswold smiles in the lining of his helmet. Perhaps a tongue lashing from the lad was what she needed, as she seemed to change into a more passive and understanding body language. He begins to scan the tables and fixures in the rounded room at the base of the structure. The platforms were littered in excess with empty bottles and strange cords and science crap all over. Griswold sifts through it moving sheets of paper and books around. "Any idea what we are looking for in particular or is it one of those: we will know it when we see it, kind of things?" he asks Eruda hoping to glean some insight on what to keep an eye out for.

A pivot to neutral as the first group is easily reduced to nothing. The hostile boss narrows her eyes, looking over the swordsman carefully. "S***" she barks looking up to call upon more aid, for he was proving to be more difficult to put down. A fleet of the next wave, a rather tougher looking lot begins to scream through the air babbling incoherently and screeching all the while. Raidou looks just as calm as he did when he entered, ripping the blade back in the same way in an arc that mirrored his first. The yellow energy creates a blinding flash that to completely removes the entire group from existence. The nomad stands up straight and points the end of his sword toward the female in green skin. "Enough games, prepare yourself." he hunches down as light claims his weapon. This next one would be aimed for her as she was out of options.

ID# 155646 results: Battle: 5+5=10, Hit! dealing 264-35=229 damage killing Elite Flying Monkey 1
ID# 155647 results: Battle: 7+5=10, Hit! dealing 264-35=229 damage killing Elite Flying Monkey 2
ID# 155648 results: Battle: 4+5=10, Hit! dealing 264-35=229 damage killing Elite Flying Monkey 3
ID# 155649 results: Battle: 9+5=9, Minor Critical (+1 Base)! dealing 276-35=241 damage killing Elite Flying Monkey 4

Players:
Raidou | HP:1040/1040 | EN:71/104 | DMG:22 | MIT:56 | EVA:3 | ACC:5 | BH:52

Enemies:
Elite Flying Monkey 1 | HP: -9/220 | DMG:90 (45 Min) | MIT: 35
Elite Flying Monkey 2 | HP: -9/220 | DMG:90 (45 Min) | MIT: 35
Elite Flying Monkey 3 | HP: -9/220 | DMG:90 (45 Min) | MIT: 35
Elite Flying Monkey 4 | HP: -21/220 | DMG:90 (45 Min) | MIT: 35

Edited by Raidou

Eruda glances to Griswold for a moment before going back to looking in shelves, opening drawers, and finding nothing. Answering his question to the best of her ability saying "I am not sure what this potion extraction looks like. For all we know it might not spawn till the witch in there is dead. I can say for sure though that it will stand out against all the others that we are seeing," as she picks up what looks like sludge in a bottle. Setting it back down she continues "If Raidou had to fight the witch then this item is important and valuable. This to me means that this potion would have a slight glow around it. I hope this answers your question sort of." Eruda moves some papers around on a desk but nothing of note so she moves on. "You find anything Sam?" Saying as she looks in her direction keeping an eye on her while continuing the search.

Sam is on her knees searching underneath the desks littered about the area. Hearing Eruda she looks to her and shakes her head. Moving a few dusty cloths around, Sam sneezes as the dusk consumes her face. Sam didn't feel comfortable talking anymore. Sam knows that her voice gets her into her trouble. Hell, her thoughts get her into trouble. Sam would soon find a way to occupy her thoughts from everything else. Sneezing again she looks to Griswold struggling to find this potion too. Thinking about what Eruda said about it she was probably right. It might not even show up into existence until everything is dead. Rubbing her nose and getting the dust off her face she stands to search somewhere else. Finding a half-open chest she wonders to it and gets down on her knees again and starts digging through it. The items in the chest were soaking wet and smelt like wet dog. She looks to Griswold's heated pet as it approaches her once more. Patting his head with a blank face showing, he was rough to the touch. Sam slightly smiles and starts throwing wet cloth aside to get to the bottom.

Griswold leans down and passes on of the white linen rags he carries to Sam "Here Lass, that dust has a way of sticking in your nostrils. I got you let me see what I can dig up, but I don't think we should take it slow in case we are interrupted." the smith comments to the blonde. Putting his hammer to his hip, for he would not be needing it hopefully with the boy upstairs making a mess. You could hear the bangs and crashes through the floor, casting dust from the ceiling. "Sounds busy enough up there." Griswold chuckles, hearing the witch yell "S***" was rather hilarious. He then begins to upheave everything on the surrounding platforms, throwing them from the tops in a more feverish although destructive search. Books, glassware and the like begin to fly from the surfaces. Some break and others bounce, Griswold wasn't going to waste any time.