[F22-PP] A potion that cannot be made (Witch of the West)

Ripping across the stonework in a blinding flash of energy he collides with the boss hard, causing her body to fly off to one side. She struggles to get to her feet with a cough, starting to charge a spell that fizzles out. "Don't bother standing up. It will be over shortly." Raidou comments as Juiblex encases his frame given the fact no one else is present and need not hide. "This will be your end." he speaks with his voice distorted in two tones, twisted by the new shell he was in. "It's not over yet!" she yells loud enough to permeate the halls. "Please, this was over the moment I entered this room. Die with grace, fiend." as his weapon takes a reddened hue like a burned out sun. The next attack would be just as gruesome, she was fighting an uphill battle against a boy who had found his strength.

ID# 155880 results: Battle: 2+5=7, Hit dealing 286-70=216 damage to Witch!

ID# 155881 results: MOB: 7-3=4, Missed vs. Raidou!

Players:
Raidou | HP:1040/1040 | EN:62/104 | DMG:22 | MIT:56 | EVA:3 | ACC:5 | BH:52

Enemies:
The Witch | HP: 484/700 | DMG:100 (50 Min) | MIT: 70

Edited by Raidou
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eruda hears the witch yet again yell. Taking a slow deep breath she closes her eyes for a moment. Eruda was less worried knowing that Raidou could handle himself but she wanted so badly to be up there with him, helping. Opening her eyes as she looks to Griswold then Sam as they were making quite the mess of the already filthy place. Dust rose from the ground and fell from the ceiling. Eruda takes a small white cloth out of her bag and covers her face after seeing Sam sneeze a bunch. Eruda looks up at the ceiling where she hears the commotion saying in a small voice "I will get strong enough to be by your side." Eruda frowns with a silent sigh and looks to the desk that she was digging through. Knowing there was nothing more there, she walks around Sam to another desk with vials littered across it.

Edited by Eruda

Sam takes the cloth from Griswold and wipes the dust from her face. "Thanks," Sam says getting to her feet now. Sam also hears the witch yelling and crashing around. She can't help but giggle at this as she sees Eruda completely serious and almost sad. Knowing that Eruda didn't like Sam getting in her business she looks to Griswold. "I wonder if she is okay," Sam says in a low voice hoping Eruda couldn't hear her. "I know she wanted to be strong and all but why does she look so sad?" Sam really didn't want to mettle but she knew that Eruda had suppressed feeling that she didn't share with even her and she was afraid that at any given time she could outburst on hopefully not them or the other team. Sam picks a vial up from the table and holds it to the light. Nothing of note from it so she sets it down and continues looking with short glances at Eruda. 

Griswold was still doing a good job of destroying the place when Sam begins idle conversation. "Who knows, but I believe the girl is strong enough to deal with whatever is going through her head. Lets get this over with. I think she wants to be up there fighting with the lad. But he has his reasons for going up alone, even if they aren't instantly obvious." he comments while still making a mess looking through various cupboards and the like, taking a moment of pause at the roaring sounds of combat from above. "Eruda help us look, that would be helping him now in a way he needs." The boy could handle himself, but this is what was required of them and damn it all Griswold was going to prove himself capable of fulfilling the request. Inside one of the cupboards he finds filled vials. Pulling a few out of various colors. "I think I got something." Looking at the multiple colored liquids inside, not sure which was the one they were after.

Like an undead blackened warrior, Raidou gallivants across the cobble interior, while she continues to fumble in emulation of what appeared to be fear? With each step, it seemed almost nimble with the weapon pulsing red in his right hand. "Stay away from me!" she finally casts a twisting bolt of energy, a purple color screaming through the air. Raidou simply glances and slashes into it, redirecting it into one of the surrounding walls. As soon as he does he rips forward and tears the broadsword through her stomach, threatening to eviscerate her with a brightened red gash. She stumbles backward as Raidou passes through her cleanly in quickened sweep and tear, the pressure was becoming apparent as his hatred was drowning out the room as if removing her from the place entirely. All she can see is red, and the swordsman who would claim her life was visible in this living nightmare.

ID# 155886 results: Battle: 2+5=7, Hit dealing 286-70=216 damage to Witch!

ID# 155887 results: MOB: 1-3=-2, Missed vs. Raidou!

Players:
Raidou | HP:1040/1040 | EN:53/104 | DMG:22 | MIT:56 | EVA:3 | ACC:5 | BH:52

Enemies:
The Witch | HP: 268/700 | DMG:100 (50 Min) | MIT: 70

Edited by Raidou

Eruda hears Griswold say words that she already knew but he was right, she was just a bit distracted as she hears a clash of something hit the walls above them with a yell out to stay away. Griswold calls out that he might have found something. Eruda's head quickly turns and she refocused on the task at hand. With haste, she now stands by Griswold's side. Looking at each vial with keep eyes she picks one up saying "Given the fact that we have yet to find something viable that meats Raidou's description, I think it's safe to say that it will not be in plain sight. I am sure that what we are looking for will be hidden somewhere that we wouldn't think to look." Eruda goes around to the side of the shelf seeing a gap between the back of the potion shelf and the wall. "It looks like there might be an opening behind here," she attempts to push it but it didn't budge. Not a single movement and Eruda knew that she was that weak. "New plan guys. Look for a switch or button of some sort." Eruda starts feeling the walls around the shelf for a button of some sort that was not visible to obvious eyes. 

Sam nods toward Griswold for conformation and watches Eruda examine the potion shelf. Hearing her words she simply nods and starts looking underneath shelving that was not attached to the floor. On the undersides of all the desks and chairs laying around the room. From the previous games that she has played, it actually made some sense to Eruda's explanation. Most important things were hidden. She started looking for anything out of place from everything else. Inside desks for something that was stuck in the drawers. Sam remembers that in one of her games she had to pull a book forward that looked like all the other ones around it. Turning to the crap ton of vials in front of Griswold she heads to his side saying "See in any of these vials are stuck to the shelf. If so pull it forward gently. You guys might be onto something." Sam begins picking up every vial and throwing them to the ground away from them.

Griswold didn't have time scouring for a hidden lever or a button. Who knew when they would be attacked if they spent too much time digging. "Stand back!" Griswold barks, popping his neck for a moment before his two massive slabs that were his arms latch to both sides of the container. He begins to heave and twist, you start to hear breaking hinges and gears. Not before long you hear a sudden snap and Griswold heaves the thing across the room and sure enough behind it, was a small vial container with rounded ones with 4 bottles corked with a pinkish purple liquid within them. "Done." the chiseled male exhales sharply, clapping his hands together with a job completed. Seems the girl was on the right track, and he was glad to be the muscle here. "You think these are it?" he asks the blonde assuming they were but he wasn't completely convinced.

She was starting to seem desperate as Raidou could see her face becoming more panicked. She began to retreat around the room, quickly shuffling around the room attempting to use the objects around as a sort of barrier as she lets loose another volley. Raidou rebukes them and causes them to fizzle in a shower of light, with one quick swipe. Slow and steady steps the red wanderer was analyzing every move, sizing her up and making sure to not be caught by some sort of trick that she may have up her sleeve. He would ebb on the side of caution despite how overwhelming he was being toward her, he would not pay her the luxury of giving her an opening to exploit. He cleaves the table she was using as shelter to pieces, it falls in two halves in a shower of splinters. This game she was playing would only last so long before she ran out of options.

ID# 155900 results: Battle: 1, Critical Miss!

ID# 155901 results: MOB: 2-3=-1

Players:
Raidou | HP:1040/1040 | EN:52/104 | DMG:22 | MIT:56 | EVA:3 | ACC:5 | BH:52

Enemies:
The Witch | HP: 268/700 | DMG:100 (50 Min) | MIT: 70

Edited by Raidou

Eruda looks to see Griswold hulk the barrier to the other side of the room after tearing it from the hinges keeping it to the ground. Eruda smiles and gives an answer as honest as she could saying "Given where these were located and the unique coloring of them, I would say yes, but the only way to be sure is to have Raidou take a look at them. Potions are his expertise and I feel like he would know if they were the right ones." Eruda walks into the small room and starts checking around for any special marking on the wall. There were engraving in the walls around them. Eruda brushes her fingers across them and looks back at the small round table stand they were on that was placed in the middle of the room. Eruda takes a piece of medium-sized cloth out of her side pocket a gently places it over the potions. Picking them all up in one swift movement, she ties the ends together making sure not to touch the vials with her bare hands. "Let's get back to the entrance and wait for Raidou. We will have him take a look at them when he is done with his task which I can only assume will be soon." Eruda looks to Griswold's helmed face wishing she knew what he looked like underneath.  

Sam listens to the conversation between her two Conrads. She gives Griswold a large grin saying "Good job with the shelf. For some reason, I didn't expect that but I guess I should have," she says with a chuckle as she starts to walk behind Eruda. Exciting the room, the sky was starting to darken and the sun was beginning to set. Catching up with Eruda she says "So I was thinking of finally moving out of your shop. I realize now that I am a handful and for that I am sorry. I was thinking that maybe I would ask Simmone if I could stay with her. I know that we are sharing shops now but I don't want to invade her space either." Sam sits on the ground next to the entrance to where Raidou had headed through. Sam knew what Simmone's answer would be but she still wanted the okay before doing just that.

Edited by Sam

Griswold fixes a piece of his armor that was slightly off kilter from the heaved container. "Not an issue, sometimes just a bit of brawn skips the annoying parts. Aye girl lets get out of here before we get some unwanted attention." The entire party minus the leader exits into the mid-afternoon day. He simply remains quiet, taking to a bit of stone to lean on and take a load off. The smiths part in this quest was done, now it was left to the boy to simply get out of there, but he couldn't help but notice how empty the place was. Had that boy killed everything on the way up before they even entered the building? That's a bit of a scary thought, he remembered how he was in warg and couldn't help but draw a comparison. But this was a much higher floor, surely he wasn't that strong.

They were in the throws of combat Raidou manages to clip her as she kept trying to kite him around the chamber. A burning red gash across her back, she turns and fires a blast against the side of Raidou's head, a few red blotches shown through the cover of Juiblex before it takes shape over the exposed bit of his face are consumed by the black again. She uses this distraction to charge him and removing a small dagger from her back, she shoves it into Raidou's stomach. In quick response, Raidou instinctually grabs her hand with his own. Looking at her as the statuses kick in, causing his joints to seize he pulls the weapon deeper into his gut. She wasn't going to run anymore, keeping her hand trapped in his own as he begins to lose the ability to move around. As his eyes remained focused upon her in a blaring red stare.

ID# 155907 results: Battle: 4+4=8, Hit! dealing 286-70=216

ID# 155908 results: MOB: 10, Major Critical! dealing 102-56=50 Damage (Minimum) and activates <Poisoned Dagger>! applying Poison [16/3] and Paralyze 1

Players:
Raidou | HP:990/1040 | EN:43/104 | DMG:22 | MIT:56 | EVA:3 | ACC:5 | BH:52 | Poisoned 16/3 [Paralyzed!]

Enemies:
The Witch | HP: 52/700 | DMG:100 (50 Min) | MIT: 70 | EVA: 1

Edited by Raidou

Eruda sees the other sit, but she does not. She stands in front of the door watching, listening, waiting. At this moment she really wanted to dive in and help but she knew and understood why Raidou left them behind. Tears start to form but only slightly. She grips the buddle on potions in her hand tighter thinking. She was now lost in thought as she zoned the other two out. -Please be okay Raidou. Come back to me-. A not starts to form in her stomach at the thought of losing him. Closing her eyes though she knew that she couldn't think like that. He told her that he would be fine but she still couldn't shake the feeling. Sam tries putting a hand on her shoulder but Eruda swiped it away saying "Keep watch Sam" without looking at her. Sam backs away slowly and does what she was told.

Edited by Eruda

Raidou Recovers 52 HP from Battle Healing, Raidou sustains 16 damage from Poison!

Raidou was still trapped by the paralyze effect from her weapon, still embedded in his stomach as a pulse of energy causes his HP to recover to almost full with the wound closing around the steel. The witch winds back a hand hoping to make due on the fact he was still trapped building purple light in her palm, but as she does blackened tendril rips from Raidou's still stiff shoulder and grabs her wrist causing the spell she was charging to disperse in the air. Then in a gruesome twist, it's jerked to her side as the cable between them grows thicker and begins to coil up her body. Raidou's head begins to turn as the effects begin to fade away, as the reddened aura on his back grows thicker and his blade becomes lit ablaze. In still silence with a sharpened glare, it would all be over soon.

Raidou is [Paralyzed!]

ID# 155909 results: MOB: 4-3=1, Missed vs. Raidou!

Players:
Raidou | HP:1024/1040 | EN:44/104 | DMG:22 | MIT:56 | EVA:3 | ACC:5 | BH:52 | Poisoned 16/2

Enemies:
The Witch | HP: 52/700 | DMG:100 (50 Min) | MIT: 70 | EVA: 1

Edited by Raidou

Eruda's eyes continue to stare at the door which she knew Raidou went through. Her grip tightens on the makeshift bag. A tear finally escapes her eye. Eruda knew that she felt something for Raidou but at this moment, the thought of possibly losing him and not being by his side was overwhelming her. Deep down she knew that he would be fine, but just the thought alone she couldn't... Her chest tightens as the ground beneath her feet starts to burn. She didn't realize this was happening because she was too focused on her thought, Sam runs over and grabs the potions from Eruda hand. Eruda quickly glances in her direction as her eyes form what looks like flames of reflection toward whoever made eye contact with her. Sam jumps back with the bag in both hands terrified at the sight falling backward. Eruda glances back at the doors waiting for Raidou to walk out.

Regaining his movement with the dagger still stuck in him, Juiblex restricts her. Raidou cleaves sideways with his blade kindled with twisted light, clipping her center mass as his familiar bends and twists ripping her in half that bursts in shards of data as he parades the two pieces about. The manifested creature slips back into his clothes as the red flare in his eyes fades returning to the orange color they normally took. He makes his way back down the long spiraling staircase in complete silence, his battle healing easily fighting the poison she had stuck him with as he rips the dagger out and casts it down upon them. "It was over before it began." he whispers as he exits the building to the waiting members of Firm Anima. "Did you find the potions as I asked?" Raidou asks the group who was patiently scattered about, seeming no different than when he entered the stronghold.

ID# 155912 results: Battle: 7+5-1=11, Hit! dealing 286-70=216 damage killing The Witch

Players:
Raidou | HP:1024/1040 | EN:35/104 | DMG:22 | MIT:56 | EVA:3 | ACC:5 | BH:52 | Poisoned 16/2

Enemies:
The Witch | HP: -164/700 | DMG:100 (50 Min) | MIT: 70 | EVA: 1

Edited by Raidou

Door clash open and Eruda's fire dissipates into nothing. Without thinking she runs up a gives Raidou a hug. Moments later she realized what she was doing and jumps back with her face beginning to redden. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to..." shaking her head she looks to Sam as she gets to her feet and slowly walks to Eruda's side staring at her trying to figure out what she just saw. Eruda takes the bag and slightly opens it and pulls one of them out. "We wanted to run them by you first to see if they were the right ones." Now looking closer at them, they had a slight glow to them that wasn't there before. Raising a brow as she looks to Raidou "I only assume so though. They were not glowing when we found them." Eruda puts it back into the bag and handed them to Raidou. With a deep slow breath of relief, a calming feeling, she turns away now and starts walking back to the guildhall knowing that Raidou wouldn't want to be here forever.

Unexpectedly Eruda moves in for a quick embrace, a sudden pressure as she slams into him. "It's fine." he offers a word before Sam moves to show them what they had found. Removing the stopper from the top of the vial produced Raidou dips his pinky in and by tasting just a dab of the fluid his skill as an apothecary kicks in and begins to give him a readout. "This is it, well done." Raidou comments putting the cork back into the glassware and adding it back to the bag with the others. He would have to see what was capable of being done with such things at a later time, but first, they would need to pull out of this place before the spawns had a chance to trigger. "Let's move on, we have what we came for." said as he adds the bag to his inventory for further analysis.

By this time the sun was starting to set and the rest of the crew were following behind her. Eruda wouldn't head to her shop yet. She glances back over her shoulder at Raidou with a smile as she heads to the guildhall. She knew that it was where Raidou might be heading but she didn't care. She had her own reason for going there, to learn, to study, to figure out what else needed to be done. Everyone did there part today and Raidou seemed satisfied with the results which made her happy. Getting through the forest of the forgotten she glances back to make sure they were still following. Raidou catches up to Eruda and they walk at the same fast pace toward the destination in silence. Eruda hoped that he would call upon her for more things like this and she would prove herself time and time again if she had too.