[PP-F1] Zerva's Flaw (Zerva&Ruri) [Complete]

Silently asking the system to give him a break he readied for another swipe at the boar, aiming between the beasts tusks when it made a lunge at him to try and gore him, stepping backward out of the attack as he swings his arm diagonally at the basic AI of the boar. He hissed as the boar decided to take that moment to back away from Zerva, frustrating him to almost no end as he exclaims "Thanks, Akihiko!" in the most indignant manner he could. He glances back at Ruri and says "Would you believe me if I said this was a recurring theme...?"

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zerva felt a bit embarrassed making such a terrible display of his lack of skill. He nodded weakly to her and said "Please... Just on more attack first though!" He takes a breath and charges the boar, trying to save even a little face while holding his dagger at the ready. It did not work out for him, the boar seemed to sidestep his attack and even manage a counter, cutting across Zerva's side with one of its tusks as Zerva failed to strike the beast once more while he blushed intensely.

Zerva 10/11

Boar 5/5

It was one thing failing in private, but he was having serious doubts about being able to survive in the long run as long as he bared the curse of his birthday being on an unlucky number making him fail in public. He clenched his jaw as he saw his HP drop even slightly and he lunged out at the boar one more time before he would meekly request assistance. Unfortunately the boar moved out of the way once again. Either this one's AI learning factor was particularly advanced or depth perception was really messing with him for some reason. His virtual body was almost identical to his real one, so he could only wonder why he had so much trouble moving it.

((OOC: F***))

She walked up to the boar, raised her sword... and...

[1-5] Miss

[6-8] Hit, -1 Hp

[9-10] Critical, -2 Hp

Ruri Hp - 33/33

Kanya Hp - 28/28

Zerva Hp - 10/11

Boar 1 - 0/5 -DEAD

Boar 2 - 3/5

(Ruri = +2 damage taken to victim, i'm using a sword not a dagger.)

Result

The boar took two damage from Ruri.

(OOC: I promise to never let you gamble. xD)

He tried to relax himself, to overcome his repeated failures before a pretty lady. He passed it off as him being a newbie, that he was untrained and unhoned, and just generally not good at combat yet. With his partner in crime attacking the boar now he tried to do the same, hopefully with less failure and more getting good. Unfortunately his blade was dodged once again, almost like the boar thought of him as an afterthought when compared to Ruri who was the only clear threat.

((For those of you reading: Feel free to check out my solo if you want to see me fail even more. ADVERTISING))

She attacked another time, helping her partner out.

[1-5] Miss

[6-8] Hit, -1 Hp

[9-10] Critical, -2 Hp

Ruri Hp - 33/33

Kanya Hp - 28/28

Zerva Hp - 10/11

Boar 1 - 0/5 -DEAD

Boar 2 - 0/5 -DEAD

(Ruri = +2 damage taken to victim, i'm using a sword not a dagger.)

Result

-3 HP to boar, she clean through the cut and gained 2 fur skins from the boars. She smiled at her inventory as she dropped the fur into the nearest slot.

Zerva, feeling deep shame and regret, lowers himself down into a bow before Ruri and says "Please forgive me for being utterly useless in that battle!" He was so embarrassed, almost certain he had made a terrible first impression and that he would not blame her for leaving him to the wolves so to speak.

She helped him up on his feet, "It's okay I never was too good in battle at low levels either." She smiled at him reassuring him that it had been okay. "I believe that one day you will be as good as me." She reassured him again as she walked forward seeing more sights. It hadn't just been grass here but she saw millions of hills and she knew up ahead would be a lake. There were many sights to see in floor one.

He looked to her with hopeful eyes, glad she didn't just execute him then and there for bringing shame to his bloodline. He nods to her softly as he stands before saying still somewhat nervously "Thanks... I hope so too. It would be really great if I could start learning how to aim against these AI." He shrugs weakly and tries to refocus his mind on happy thoughts to cheer himself up as he follows her, his eyes scanning the area and every wonderful detail. "... Isn't it amazing that someone had to make all of this?" He takes a risk and says "Kinda makes humans seem one step closer to god."

"Yeah, I guess so." She spoke as she walked forward a few steps. "Soon I'll be getting a new cloak." She smiled at him, "Then you will be getting this one, if you like." She spoke again as her head turned to the wind, it had blown through her hair. She felt so energized that she could run through a boar... She grinned at the wild animals.

He looked to her in surprise when she said he would be getting her cloak, the idea nothing short of wonderful to him. It was an honor to receive a hand-me-down in an MMO to him. "Thank you very much!" He was feeling some motivation in his step, wanting to earn that cloak which he was now examining more closely, taking in every detail... mindful to keep his eyes from wandering. Too much. He drew his dagger and refocused his attention towards the local wildlife with a happy smile on his face.

"Wanna try to bring death upon them?" She asked in a soft voice as she saw many boars seem to look at her begin to wield her Sword. The blade glittering by the sun. She grinned. She had wanted to kill somethings, gain some EXP maybe level up once or twice. She then awaited the man to speak. The boars looking at her she laughed at them.

Zerva nodded happily to her. It would not do for him to simply be in the backseat this entire time, he wanted to participate however slightly. His dagger was held at the ready while he took a combat pose reminiscent of a shinobi's in an amateur way. He looked to her, she knew he limits and he hadn't even scratched the surface of his "As many as you think we can handle! I wouldn't mind getting some materials and maybe even items off these!"

((OOC: Would you mind giving me a description of the cloak? I like visualizing :P And hooray, they JUST implemented a proper loot system xD ))

Item: Coat (Hood Attachment)

Quality: Uncommon

Name: Blue Midnight

Shop: "The Reapers Cloak"

Description: An uncommon coat, with a light blue outer color, and a dark blue inside, it houses a white star on the left sleeve, this coat has a hood that covers the wearers head, and allows them to hide better. +1 hide

She gave him the coat. "If you get hurt, you will need it more then I do." She smiled at him as she put the cloak on him. "I'm getting some new armor too." She said as she smiled at him. She then saw some boar, only three start to run at them, the leader being larger, and stronger then the others. A grin struck her face as she saw them.

[Make sure you put the quote in your bio and write Blue Midnight(Cloak):+1 to Hiding in your signature.]

He was a bit shy about accepting the coat so soon but he was hardly about to deny the help, wearing it happily as he tries to get a read on the leader. It was going to be stronger than its minions, guaranteed. He was hoping that he wouldn't need to use the coat just yet, but if he did need to he was ready! "Thank you again!... And you don't... need to give me your armor as well." He chuckles softly though and blushes at the mental image of her just tossing her armor at him and telling him to put on the clearly female set.

She wasn't gonna give away her armor... She just had wanted to give him some protection... She started to raise her sword at the running boars as they rushed at them. As they rushed past her she put her sword to the right, cutting the boar and hitting 3 Hp on the larger one. As it turned at charged at her doing 2 Hp back at her. She growled at it, and had then yelled "Switch!" Into the air.

[1-5] miss

[6-8] Hit

[9-10] crit.

Zerva: 13/13

Ruri: 35/37

Kanya: 32/32

Boar 1: 5/5

Boar 2: 5/8

Boar 3: 5/5

He watched carefully as she ran into the crowd after the head boar, hearing her announce for them to switch places, him assuming that was what it meant, charged forward past her with his dagger raised towards the bigger stronger boar which was most certainly aggroed! He slashed across the beast's snout, surely annoying it as he happily steps back while calling in turn, hoping he was doing it right, "Switch!"

Boar 2: 4/8

She heard the call as she took a boar. She grinned as she saw it run at her, as if she was a bull fighter, that had just put up a red cape. She took her sword up and had then... She cut the boar again for 3 damage. The larger boar had almost been dead at that point. "SWITCH!" She spoke as she stopped fighting there and caught her breath up a bit.

[1-5] miss

[6-8] Hit

[9-10] crit.

Boar 2: 1/8