[F01 - PP] <<The First Few Lessons>>(Open to all 4/4)

Bismuth turned just in time to watch Night stumble down the edge of the hill after having flawlessly failed to explain herself in a meaningful way, at least bismuth was right this time. Koga soon followed after her to make sure she was okay, and Nari beside him was just flailing in her own words. Bismuth chuckled to himself softly, including himself this group was an odd pairing, but he was still enjoying himself so that was a good thing. He made it the tree he was aiming for, and climbed it with a very practiced hand, making it to one of the thicker branches and sitting with his back to the tree looking at his companions after pulling a few leaves off and adding them into his inventory. 

Soon Koga had climbed back up the slope and called out to Nari accusatorially "the fuck you mean I'm 'not really a good choice'!?" Bismuth almost fell out of the tree at his comment, not even slightly expecting it. "If it helps Koga, I think you are more than a good choice." Bismuth called out hanging upside down from his tree as he did. "I think you are mighty handsome." Bismuth didn't even give Nari time to respond as he interjected himself between the twos conversation.

Spoiler

Gathering:

Capture.PNG.48f6d79830c5a5c54e2ea13a74a118bd.PNG

LD: 9 + 3 = 12 = success

+1 Material

3/5

Edited by Bismuth
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nari felt her spine tingle slightly as the man – Koga, she reminded herself – approached her. His words cut through her as he pointed a finger at her, his tone a hint of anger that Nari knew she had incited. Turning to face him, she brushed her hands against the front of her armour’s skirt, trying to look as apologetic as she could.

"You! The fuck you mean I'm 'not really a good choice'!?"

“I – I didn’t mean any offence…it’s just…well…you’re a – a guy.” Nari’s face – already flushed, felt like it had gone a deeper colour. She felt herself shrinking into herself the longer Koga stared at her, waiting for an explanation. “I’m sure you’re – well, like Bismuth said – I’m sure there’s some…many! I mean many!...who find your…attractive. But well – you’re not my type.

Nari skipped to the side, kicking at the rocks and casting her eye to the ground, trying to continue her search for this quest – anything to bring this encounter to an end. ‘Me and my big mouth…look at where it gets me. When will I learn?!’

ID203420 | LD: 3 | Material Search | Failure

Spoiler

Word Count: 179

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

How... did they end up in this situation?

She barely heard the rest of the conversation go down once she rolled off into nowhere. And though she appreciated Koga's once vote of confidence, a part of her present was also in cold objection to his assumption.

NIGHT was not as elegant as half the world suspected she was.

Face down in the dirt, it was difficult to will the strength to pick herself up and wander back to the group. Oh, how to ruin a friendship at first glance. This was the sort of thing NIGHT hated to consider, she mused, while muffling through mud. That a simple misunderstanding -- her type of person roped in, no less -- could ruin any interaction between players, even the most basic of meetings.

This was the worst way to start off a day.

"I'm..."

Koga had strutted off at some point. So the woman picked herself up, following his outburst, and tried to recall what had happened before she stumbled. Not the part where Koga was dissed on. But something about history? Uh, sure -- they had history, but those were tales long gone. And they were reminiscing on the past, but that didn't make them any more than 'like what, best friends'.

She wiped the muck off her face with her wrist, and trudged back moodily to the group. If anything, it wasn't to re-enter the scenario just yet -- just lurk around enough to get a sense of what was happening.

“I – I didn’t mean any offence…it’s just…well…you’re a – a guy."

After all she had said and done, there wasn't any way worse this day could've gone. And so, with what little dignity she had to throw away to the wind, her head peaked over the side of the mound the party was on, and a squeaky, tired voice joined the chorus of Bad Decisions.

"Then what is your type...?"

Koga was practically staring daggers at Nari. Normally, he would have let such a comment roll off his back like water ona  duck, but if it wasn't obvious from their encounter earlier in the day, he had woken up on the wrong-side of the bed this morning.

"Thank you, Bis," Koga replied sharply to the man, not bothering to glance at the man, who had somehow gotten himself up into a tree and was now hanging upside down like a monkey. Actually, why was he in the tree to begin with? Whatever, now was not the time to question such matters.

Nari proceeded to shove her foot farther down her through. She was practically shitting leather at this point. Koga's limit was quickly being surpassed, and so, as the woman tried to escape the conversation by going back to her search, Koga strode up to Bis, still hanging from his tree and stopped in front of him. Koga gave him an evaluating look before snapping his head to look at Nari.

"Nari. Look at me," he commanded. Once the girl was looking at him, Koga reached out with one hand, and forcefully pulled the other man towards him. Without giving Bismuth any time to object Koga smashed his lips into the other man's. His tongue invaded the other man's mouth. Tongues tangled together for a moment, and another. Their lips pressed together in confusing show of dominance, their suppleness surprising, given that it was another man's and not a woman's. Koga pulled away slowly, his teeth grazing along Bismuth's upper lip, as he did so. He looked into the other man's eyes a strange ember of satisfaction burning behind them as he smirked, then an amused scoff. "Huh. You're a better kisser than me ex."

Bismuth watched quizzically at Koga as he walked up to him, he understood why the man would be mad at Nari, but all he had done was compliment him, albeit only in response to Nari's accidental insult. Soon after he found his answer, as Koga had suddenly pushed his lips against Bismuth's own forcing his tongue into his mouth. Bismuth's eyes went wide as he just, let the kiss happen, he wasn't expecting it, but it definitely was not a bad one in any way. All too soon though, Koga had taken his lips away from Bismuth's with nothing but a grazing of his teeth. Leaving Bismuth to hang from his tree with his long hair pointing towards the ground below him.

That didn't last much longer, as Bismuth lost himself to his mind, which was now just permeated with thoughts of soft lips as he felt his legs slip from the branch above him, falling to the ground unceremoniously. Now face first in the dirt, Bismuth knew how NIGHT felt, glad that his blush was hidden from the rest of the group as he continued to just lay there in a pile on the floor, Knowing that if he looked at Koga again he wouldn't even be able to say anything. Normally he would have a snarky response, something along the lines of him not being half bad himself, but he was surprisingly at a loss for words.

Nari felt her mind stop. The thoughts just…stopped. Everything stopped. She was sure the others were continuing to talk – probably even asking her question. But there was only one that stood in the forefront of her consciousness right now. One that was direct at her.

"Then what is your type...?"

‘What is…did she just ask?...did she just…Nari’s eyes had gone wide, and her mouth had dropped open, moving up and down ever so slightly as she continued to have the questions circling in her mind. She felt herself whirling inwards, the whole situation causing her to shut down entirely. It was her worst nightmare come to life.

Slowly turning on the spot, Nari kneels down and begins pawing at the grass, her eyes and mouth still wide, her face an expression of blankness. Her entire movements seem almost autonomous, as if she isn’t there.

Soft, barely a whisper, her voice will break the air. “My…type…? I…type…what…is…my type…? It’s…it’s…”

The words stop for a brief moment before her body suddenly shudders and she stands, still facing away from the others. “My type is…well…not guys. More…well…you know…feminine. But…like…not womanly…like younger – but not like unadult…like – younger than me but still an adult.

Nari’s face – burning as though on fire, seems to be filled with an expression of shock. Her hands coming up to her head, she haphazardly attempts to pull her hair down around herself, trying to hide from those around her who she knew must be staring, probably thinking she had completely broken. She pulled her hands through her hair, forcing it forwards and pulling it around herself, as if a blanket.

Her eyes were still wide, and completely unfocused, and as she felt her voice stop, she couldn’t help but hear the words in her very mind. ‘What am I doing?! Did I just…to strangers?! I’ve just met these people! I don’t know them! They…they don’t – they don’t need to know – oh, gods, what have I done?!’

Spoiler

Word Count:327

Breaking News: Local Lesbian Spots Another, Initiates Shut Down Sequence On Immediate Area. (More at 7.)

But that was the scenario NIGHT found herself in; anxiety-ridden, her own throat hoarse. And in the following exposition afterwards, there was little for her to infer from the information given.

The player wasn't thinking soundly. Just wondering -- How old was the other in front of her? When she said young, exactly how young?

In her blurry haze, the next audible thought NIGHT had was -- Oh. I had hair that long, once.

The moment following was filled with regret, NIGHT realizing how big and careless a mistake she'd cause for the others, because she didn't need to see Koga and Bismuth making out in the tree. (Was that a nursery rhyme? Whatever.) And incidentally, she didn't mean to cause the novice a nervous breakdown either.

For a good while, NIGHT just stared. Half-hearted, exhausted, lost.

In her own quiet, she placed her hands on her face as she turned to the heavens, swearing under her breath, pacing around. And when she recovered given a few seconds afterwards, it was in lieu of the presence of her companions. She could stew on this all day. She should've been moving, helping.

A shaky breath, barely steadied. NIGHT rose to stand on equal ground with the party once more, before trudging over to Nari, letting out a terrible, ragged sigh.

"I'm. I'm really sorry, Nari. Um... Are you... doing okay...?"

“I'm. I'm really sorry, Nari. Um... Are you... doing okay...?” Night’s voice cut through the haze in Nari’s mind. Slowly, as if with exaggeration, Nari turned to face Night. Nari’s eyes were still wide, but she had managed to shut her mouth. Her hands – the left entangled in her hair as she played with it nervously, the right simply hanging by her side – seemed frozen in place.

“You’re… you’re sorry? Wh-why are you sorry? You… you didn’t – if anything – I’m sorry. In a flash, Nari lept forward, wrapping her arms around the other woman’s frame, pulling her in close and hugging her tight.

“You… you didn’t do anything – if anyone – it was me. My fault. I’m sorry.” Nari mumbled her words into the other woman’s ear, trying hard to convey what she was feeling.

‘Look what I – oh wait what if she doesn’t like to be touched?!’ Nari threw herself backwards as the thought crossed her mind, bowing deeply as she came to a stop an arm’s length away.

“I’m – I didn’t think! I’m sorry it was – I mean I just…”

Spoiler

Word Count: 182

The sound of Bismuth crashing to the ground cut through the momentary silence as Koga noticed that not only had Nari not paid any attention to what just happened, but NIGHT was also ignoring the fact like it was a daily occurrence at this point. "Really?" Koga muttered, full of disappointment and dissatisfaction. "Seriously? Nothing?" Koga sighed and just plopped down on his ass, taking a seat and went back to doing his job as the new players' sentinel. Ungrateful, all of them.

Koga watched as NIGHT and Nari had their...exchange, if one could even call it that. The man could hardly understand how a woman who seemed old enough to have her own shit figured out, and one of the strongest Frontliners around were reduced to blubbering puddles of nervous at the slightest mention of romance. Koga was socially inept and anxious, but this? This was just an entirely different level of that.

The Wolf took a sidelong glance at the other man, who was still facedown in the grass. "You good there bud?"

"That's kind of you to say, but I'm pretty sure I single-handedly..."

Her voice only trailed off when she realized Nari had jumped at the opportunity for a hug. No, NIGHT had seen this type of behaviour before; it made sense, and a part of her had been ready to perform one to make amends. That was a cue they were on the right track of apology, right?

Except nobody told her about the way others could get in close just to whisper in her ear. Not in a moment of vulnerability, and not after such a chaotic mess such as this. What effort gone into steadying her breaths was starting to become undone, and when NIGHT realized her failed attempt to return the hug, the other woman had already backtracked in a retreat.

“I’m – I didn’t think! I’m sorry it was – I mean I just…”

What was all of that about?

If NIGHT was shaking, it was loose nerves fighting being steeled. And the pain of keeping her cool showed only slightly on her face before being covered up by a hand. NIGHT blushed easily -- she knew that about herself, and it showed through here -- but the palm and fingers working at her temples, obscuring her visage, was not to hide the flush.

How was she meant to recover from acts like these? Better yet -- though she hadn't met any others who liked women like herself, were they all secretly like this?

Oh, how the player wished she had more information than just what she liked from another.

"I'm fine," NIGHT replied. The response clearly indicated the woman as slightly worse than fine, though her tone afterwards were eeked out of squeakiness the more she heard herself. "I-It's okay. I mean you didn't... You're fine."

(Wait, did she just compliment Nari too?)

"I... How about we start over from here?" She lowered her hand from her face, placing by her hip before extending her other to the woman. Though NIGHT seemed to carry her demeanor appropriately, there were still tinges of red on the tip of her ears, and strands of hair that frayed from the top of her head after her fall. "It's nice to meet you, Nari. I'm NIGHT."

Nari will stare at NIGHT’s outstretched hand for a moment, her eyes seeming to waver and water slightly. A range of emotions will play across the woman’s face – still flushed in embarrassment from the entire encounter – before taking on a stoic, reserved expression. Her bottom lip quivering, Nari will speak softly as she raises her hand to grasp NIGHT’s proffered grip.

“It’s…it’s nice to meet you…NIGHT. I’m – well, you know me.” Nari’s voice quivering, she’ll pause for a moment before continuing, a sudden expression of shock on her face and in her words. “D-did you say I’m fine? I’m…anything but fine!”

Nari will lock her grasp on NIGHT’s own – not quite squeezing it, but the fingers pulling tighter as if to try and draw NIGHT into herself. Her eyes – wide and wild, with a hint of tears in them, will lock onto NIGHT’s own, her expression of shock locked into place as her lips part slightly, quivering slightly as though wanting to say something more, but unable to bring the phrases to her tongue.

‘What…what is this? I don’t – I don’t understand this. Why…?’ In her mind, the voice – usually so strong, will whisper, full of uncertainty. Her heart – which had been thudding strongly, seemed to pick up its pace, and Nari could feel her very skin tingling.

She knew that Koga and Bismuth must be watching the entire encounter, but was unable to tear her gaze from NIGHT. She knew that what occurred next would set in motion their entire future, and would determine how things between them would end – or continue.

Spoiler

Word Count: 263

a simple handshake seemed like enough. nothing seemed like it could go wrong with a gesture as such. but the moment the grip on her hand tightened, and night felt a slight tug towards the other woman, she almost froze up in confusion.

*anything but fine.*

in what manner-- and why?

everyone had their problems here in aincrad. night had them too. several years after getting trapped in their setting would do that to any player. but there was the hand-holding, and the eye-staring, and the pressure stuck in their throats. something they'd wanted to say to each other.

they'd never know unless they spoke it aloud.

"i..."

night felt her fingers slip, sights wavering, hesitancy growing. she didn't know who nari was, nor what problems the woman was facing. she knew nari had them. she knew she'd wanted to ask about them.

if night had bit down on her lip in the moment, perhaps it would've bled.

instead, her hand reached out to nari's wrist, holding it tight, lips pressed in a thin line as her resolve burned into the other. "you will be. you *are* fine. and if you're not now, if you don't feel like you are, then know that some day you will be."

a firm dip of night's grasp, the woman almost reaching out for nari's other hand.

"you're okay."

Somehow, the scene playing out before Koga was only deteriorating, if that were even possible. Koga watched, eyes half-lidded and slack jawed as he tried to understand what strange cosmic event must have occurred to bring him to this moment in time, in this particular place, with these specific people.

Well...at least this wasn't the most boring attempt at this god forsaken quest.

The man closed his eyes, shut his mouth, and let out a deep exhale as he resigned himself to whatever the hell was going on.

The man stood up from his spot in the grass and started to walk. In no direction in particular, just walk, trying to get away of the painful soap opera he now found himself apart of. Not far enough that he couldn't quickly return, should the worst occur, but far enough away that he didn't have to hear the two women.

God help him, or he might just let some boars slowly poke him to death...actually, wait, that wouldn't work he'd just regen his health back...fuck...

Nari felt her throat stick as the other woman spoke. She couldn’t deny the words – she felt like she was reading more into this than what was actually there. Nari felt herself waiver for a moment, ready to fold in on herself once more. Something within her though, seemed to almost kindle. She knew…

“But…what if I want…to be fine together…The whispered words were out of her mouth before she knew what she was saying, and she felt herself physically reel back as she understood what she had just done. Her grip releasing NIGHT’s, she felt her hands shoot up and cover her mouth, her eyes wide as she felt the tears start to roll down the side of her face.

Whipping around, Nari felt her shoulders begin to quiver and her breathing – which had been so calm before – starting to hyperventilate on her. She couldn’t believe what she had just said. ‘What is happening to me?! I just met her! This…this isn’t…what is going on?!’

Spoiler

Word Count: 167

what was initially a solid, powerful look began to lose its luster, the moment night had heard of the words 'together'. a retreat of the corner of her lips, narrowed eyes blinked shut and opened wide, and cheekbones held stiff loosened. there was a gust of wind somewhere to ruffle her hair further.

this expression was more commonly known as confusion.

"--huh?"

so if night stared back at the woman mouth agape, silent for a moment, may the heavens above forgive her for her pause, her emptiness. and night stood there, speechless, lost and confused -- because never once in a day had she considered getting an admission of feelings, not like this. not in here.

not from someone who wasn't...

so to take this seriously? she wasn't quite sure how to react. burning red -- everything around her felt warm, hot even. she wondered why she even wore a tracksuit, on an occassion like this.

if anything, she didn't want to see nari cry.

night pulled the woman close in an embrace, a hand to soothe her, rubbing down nari's back. no words could express her emotions, at the moment -- not without time to process what just happened. and a lean of her cheek against nari's scalp, heart still beating like a drum in her throat. a chant, outwardly expressed, hummed in a low volume -- "it's okay, it's okay," was all the player could offer the other.

"i... can't give you an answer right now," she'd decided to respond after a while, in a whisper. "but... you don't have to go through it alone. i'll give you my word on that."

Oh, hey. Look, a Baby Boar. Koga stared at the pitiful little creature and wondered how long ago it had been since one of its parents had nearly killed him. Thank God he'd used a healing potion then, or else he would be dead right now.

Did he ever get his revenge? Well, yes, technically, he and Noct had wound up killing the stupid thing. And scores of its siblings. But hey, what was one more?

Koga started walking closer to the little piece of bacon with legs. Looked like he was at least going to get some dinner tonight. It suddenly looked at him, eyes glowing red with the fury of a small feral child in the form of porkchops.

With a squeaky cry, it charged at Koga.

Thunk.

Koga looked down at the creature, trying to headbutt his boots. 1 HP worth of damage. Wow. Real impressive little guy.

The sound of tearful sobs could be heard behind him. Koga looked back at the others. Ah...NIGHT made her cry. He sighed heavily before picking up the little devil, still doing a measly one point of damage a strike. "You and I...we're gonna be stuck here a while, might as well enjoy it."

Edited by Koga

Nari couldn’t believe what was going on. This…this whole thing had…she was never going to recover from this, emotionally. Taking comfort in NIGHT’s touch for the time it lasted, Nari knew that eventually this would have to end. Taking a deep breath, she forced herself from the girl’s grasp.

“I – I…realise…another time. This has been…” Her words faltered for a moment as she wondered what this had been. “Can I add you to my…friend’s list?”

Perhaps it wasn’t much, but…well, it was a step forward. Even if it came out to nothing – maybe she could find someone like herself someone who she could…

“I…understand if you don’t want to…or…if it’s…I was just hoping that maybe…” Nari bowed her head, waiting for a response, letting her eyes wander the ground in search for anything to distract her from the feeling that was beating in her chest. Almost as a passing thought, she remembered why they had come here in the first place – the materials they needed to find for the alchemist.

ID203469 | LD: 17 | Material Search | Success (3/5)

Spoiler

Word Count: 170

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

"Of course." A new contact in her list was nothing to shy from, and a request to be sent was quick as a shortcut on her fingers. Though the woman attempted to keep her cool standing still, the fumbling of her sleeve gave away an underlying nervousness, an uncertainty still of how to continue from here. "Um... I-It was just abrupt, that's all. Just..."

Her gaze fell over to Bismuth, still lain down on the grass as though the man had passed out.

"I just need some time to think about it. That's... That's all."

NIGHT's breathing hadn't steadied, and neither did her attention remain on Nari for long. A distraction was welcome -- anything -- just as the other player had focused back on the quest, so too did NIGHT turn to look for Koga, since the man was Completely Unaffected by it all. How was he the only sane one out of all of them? Some day, the woman would pry the secrets of his comfortability out of him.

She couldn't actually remember when there was a time he was flustered.

"I'm going to take a walk."

It was the most immediate activity that came to mind, especially on the first floor, especially regarding a matter of the heart such as this. Without waiting for a reply, NIGHT turned to the distance with quick strides down the dirt path ahead, brushing past Koga and his little hog buddy.

"I'll be in the vicinity. Just out of sight--" To her friend she passed, she added in a lowered volume, "--Make sure they don't run into danger."

And then she took off in to the woods, vanishing as though she hadn't been present before.

Bismuth just gave a thumbs up from the ground as Koga asked if he was okay, content to just lay there until the earth ate him up. This was not really how he expected today to go at all, this was supposed to be a simple outing for the beginner quest, and boy had it now dissolved into a mess. Bismuth just kept laying there until he heard the rustle of both Koga and NIGHT leaving into the surrounding area before he picked himself up off of the ground. "Well, that was a mess." Bismuth commented to no one in particular, mostly himself, he wasn't good at consoling people, and figured any attempt he gave would just make that situation all the more worse.

With all that said and done, they still had a quest to do, so Bismuth just went back to work on it, materials was something he understood, and when everything around him was so, confusing, what better distraction could there be. Bismuth turned to the tree that was still behind him, he reached up to pluck a few more of the leaves adding them to his inventory, looking back to see Nari still a mess, he didn't know what to do.

Spoiler

Gathering:

image.png.4079c9ed1f110e2cfdeb0463c4fe6b93.png

LD: 10 + 3 = 13 = success

+1 Material

4/5

Edited by Bismuth

Nari watched as NIGHT strode off into the distance, the ping at the friend request hovering in the air beside her, unnoticed as she tried to figure out exactly what had just occurred. Bismuth’s sudden voice in the air caught her attention, jarring her back to awareness. Seeing the friend request, Nari jabbed the accept button, her finger carrying through beyond it and causing her to lose balance for a split second.

Righting herself and glancing around to see who all had noticed, she scurred back to her searching, desperate to be done with this quest – and to put aside everything that had happened today, at least until she could process it fully at a later time.

“It…definitely was something, wasn’t it…” Her voice carried an odd, aloof like note to it as she answered Bismuth. She kept her face down, avoiding any eye contact with the man whom she had just met – yet now somehow shared an odd connection with, even if it was just memories of this…disaster.

ID203482 | LD: 11 | Material Search | Failure (3/5)

Spoiler

Word Count: 169

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results