[F01 - PP] <<The First Few Lessons>>(Open to all 4/4)

Bismuth heard Nari's questions as she leaned closer to him, chuckling a bit under his breath, he was anything but good with people. Opening his mouth to respond to his purple haired companion, Bismuth was interrupted by the woman in question NIGHT, with seven simple words from her Bismuth knew exactly what he would whisper back tomorrow. "I think you still have a chance, just take this slowly, not all people can get away with being as brazen as me, invite her for coffee after this quest, and just get to know her, I am sure things will go fine if you do that." Bismuth gave his companion? Friend? he didn't really know, a warm smile before he started looking back to the horizon towards the town of beginnings.

Hopefully his words meant something to the purple haired woman, he didn't like people being upset, and he liked helping, in whatever way possible. He wasn't sure if he had said the right thing, but then did anyone ever? Either way they were nearing their destination so it wouldn't matter for much longer, as they would all probably part ways soon, and maybe never even see each other again, in this deadly game you never knew when the last time you would see someone would be, it could be at the drop of a hat.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nari nodded at Bismuth, his words giving her a hope she hadn’t even known she was holding out for – and a path to follow, at the very least. She let her voice pick up a bit in volume – just to a normal talking voice – as she answered him, the honesty coming out in entirety.

“I may not have liked you in the beginning – I mean…you were very…uhm…forward. But…you’re a good person. A good…acquittance. Or friend – if you’d prefer that…Or acquittance is fine…whichever!” Nari smiled at him, but only for the briefest of moments as she heard NIGHT’s words, offering to walk them back and…

Nari stopped dead in her tracks at the final words. Eyes wide, heart thumping in her chest, she slowly turned to face the girl. “Y-you…you can’t…what? What did-did you say you can’t-

Her heart raced as she felt the adrenaline pumping again. She must’ve misheard, there’s no way it had been meant in that fashion. ‘Maybe it was a joke. Or…or maybe it was something people say to people. Or…maybe – maybe it was something else – maybe I’m hearing words that aren’t there.’

She stared at NIGHT, trying to figure out if she was losing her mind, being toyed with – or something else entirely. She wasn’t sure of anything anymore, this day had been…well, a day. And it wasn’t over yet – no, they still had more to do to finish this day…but at this rate, it might take all week – especially if she kept-

Suddenly remembering that she needed to move, she kicked her feet forward, almost tripping over herself as she half-stumbled, half-ran to catch up with Bismuth.

Spoiler

Word Count: 272

NIGHT wondered if her luck was always going to be this bad, trying to get to know players of the same gender, just as Nari turned around, startled, before picking up the paces towards Bismuth. And the fright on the woman's face had told NIGHT of a misunderstanding -- the way the other had taken down the street suddenly had her feeling lightheaded, a slight pounding working at her temples.

What exactly was she doing wrong? And she swore half of her actions had been to assuage a fear of some kind, but every time she tried--

She huffed, eyes downcast, index and thumb working to soothe herself. "Maybe dealing with new people was a mistake," she muttered to Koga, only half-hearted in her complaint. The party was close to the workshop, by now, and NIGHT had every wish to see the two through to its completion.

Besides, she made a promise to Nari, didn't she?

Koga stayed silent for the most part, aside from the crunching of dirt beneath his boots, as the party made their way beck to the Town of Beginnings, and NIGHT seemed to continuously make Nari more...nervous? Uncomfortable? No, none of those words were really correct. Uncertain, perhaps.

His friend dropped back then, and gave the man some small pieces of advice for caring for Bacon. And himself and Okami. "Heh. Yeah, no promises," Koga replied, a small, knowing chuckle escaping his lips. They both knew, even if her advice didn't fall on deaf ears as they surely had, Koga was about as good at caring for himself as an NPC was at surviving a boss battle. Which was to say, fucking awful.

It seemed, however, that NIGHT managed to catch snippets of what Nari had said to Bismuth, while somehow missing what he'd whispered to her. Rather unlike NIGHT. She was one of the most perceptive people he'd ever known. And yet, it didn't really seem apt to inform her what the contents of their conversation had been to begin with.

Best she figure it out on her own. A good learning experience for both.

"Just take it slow," Koga said softly, his hands slipping into his pockets. "She'll come around eventually. At her own pace."

Nari remained silent for the remainder of the walk back, trying to figure out where she stood with NIGHT. Everything had been…well, confusing. She was still trying to determine if she should say anything, or just leave it be, when she realised that they had arrived at the alchemist’s shop. She paused in the doorway, glancing in NIGHT’s direction for a moment. She felt her mouth open as she tried to find something to say, but no words came out and so she slid into the shop.

The NPC – Zackariah – seemed to say something to Nari about crafting some sort of potion. Barely registering what the NPC said, Nari felt her body move, her mind still thinking back to everything that had happened during this entire quest. She thought back to what NIGHT had said on their way back. ‘I can't just abandon you like that.’

‘Who says something like that, just out of nowh-‘ Nari paused, thinking back over everything. Had it been out of nowhere? Or…had Nari missed something?

Before her, the materials she had been playing around with suddenly reformed into a glass vial filled with a red liquid. The alchemist seemed to praise her for her success, providing her with praise and what she assumed was reward, but Nari’s interest lay elsewhere.

Leaving the small shop, she spotted the girl standing beside Koga, walking up to her and staring her in the eyes. Her voice shook as she spoke, but Nari forced herself to maintain eye contact. “I-I realise that…well, today has been…something…but…would you like to go get something to eat? I…don’t want to part ways just yet…”

ID203640 | CD: 9 | Crafting Healing Potion | Success (Rare Healing Potion)

Spoiler

Word Count: 272

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Dice Roll Results

If only NIGHT could read the fleeing woman, perhaps she would've agreed with Koga. Unfortunately, watching the player stop, look to her and gape like a fish only made her even more confused, so NIGHT stayed outside, pacing around the workshop in what could be defined as a nervous fit.

"It's not even about coming around," she hissed, dowly at Koga once the players were out of earshot. "Coming around to what...?"

But that was all she decided to say, a cluster of question marks filling up the most of her brain whilst she continued to wander, trying her best to stay sane. The squeaking of the door opened outwards called for her to stop, NIGHT just a distance away from the shop's steps, pain almost obvious like a tag on her sleeve.

Almost. She hadn't forgotten she was around company.

“I-I realise that…well, today has been…something…but…would you like to go get something to eat?"

In truth, that's what the woman had planned to do the first thing tomorrow morning, had she been uncertain with Nari's actions for the entirety of today. So--

"I…don’t want to part ways just yet…”

--and NIGHT almost forgot to think. Because she did notice the stutter in Nari's voice, and the hesitation, the fear in the woman's eyes. Surely all of this wasn't just because they were going out to get to know each other better.

Likewise -- who says something like that, just out of nowhere? 'I don't want to part ways just yet'?

"I--"

Rose was creeping up the corners of her ears, and the player fidgeted with a lock of hair. Part of a scowl was formed on her face, as she looked away, still lamenting their interactions. How'd they get here? What convoluted route did they have to take to--

"--Mm. Yeah. Sounds good."

A breathy exhale, and the woman turned back to Nari. No other signs of anxiety, as far as she could tell. It was hard to keep facing the woman.

"Where... Where do you want to go? ---Incidentally, d-did you two manage to finish the quest yet? I didn't expect you two to drop the ball on it so far, so..."

The quest was almost over, and it had been a long one for seemingly everyone involved, Bismuth was ready to just go in and craft the potion and get to the third floor, he loved the fell of the small town of Flora there, and was planning on setting up a shop for his cooking there. Making it into the shop, it was as messy and cramped as ever full of all kinds of different potions and apparatus's for making them. Nari, who came in with him seemed very distracted, and offered up no conversation while they worked, so Bismuth didn't either. 

Bismuth took all of his materials and grinded them down before adding them to an alembic full of water that would slowly boil the contents, which at this point were just a bunch of roots and leaves grounded up into a powder and mixed with water, and then funnel the steam and condensation down a tube that would inevitably fill a small glass vial with a viscous red fluid, bismuth finished his almost at the exact same time as Nari, and found himself walking out only a little bit behind her.

Bismuth chuckled under his breath as Nari asked NIGHT to go out for dinner, Bismuth was secretly proud of her for taking that step, and was glad that she worked up that courage. Bismuth waited to say anything until after the conversation had ended "Thankyou all for your help on this quest." Bismuth gave a small respectful bow, and a smile before continuing "though I think this quest leads directly into another one." this may have seemed like a statement, but there was an implied question behind it, would the wayward companions be going there separate ways, or would they remain together in order to continue, the question had yet to be answered.

Spoiler

Crafting:

image.png.e40d0e386822d621ac6f5fcf36e5bcfe.png

CD: 8 = success

+1 T1 R Health potion

Edited by Bismuth

Nari glanced at the bowing man whom had just joined them, his words about a second part of the quest catching her attention. She flicked her gaze around the group, a sudden odd feeling in her chest, as if she was worried she might lose something precious here.

“A second… we-we should do that together too! I-I mean if you want to, that is…” her face flushed entirely as she spoke, her eyes shifting to NIGHT, but her words clearly for everyone. “That is… I would love to do it together. The quest. As a group. As… friends.”

She glanced at Koga and Bismuth with the final word, clearing meaning it for just those two. A sudden thought came to her mind and she brought up her hand menu, typing quickly before sending the invitation of to the two of them. Biting her lip slightly, she waited for their response.

Spoiler

Word Count: 150

"Being comfortable," Koga began to answer to the distressed woman. "With you. People. She just seems like the kind-" Koga cut his sentence short as the lady in question approached them, asking NIGHT to join her for some food.

Suppressing a knowing smile, Koga silently turned from the door and made to go stand beside Bismuth while the women had their moment. It was he that then spoke once the women's conversation began to come to a close, an agreement to share a meal together being reached.

As one might expect, Nari's response was eager, though tampered by the nervousness Koga had now come to characterize of her. He pressed the small accept button when the prompt appeared, before then sending a friend request to Bismuth as well.

Koga then shrugged at the suggestion to continue on together with the second part of First Lessons. "I don't mind either way. I just need to get home and eat something first either way, and if you two are going out, maybe we just meet up afterwards."

THREAD SUMMARY

[Total]

NARI-LANRETH

+ 3905XP | (3455 * 1) + 450
+ 700col | 200 + 500
+ 5 materials
+ An Assortment of Potions

BISMUTH

+ 3905XP | (3455 * 1) + 450
+ 700col | 200 + 500
+ 5 materials
+ An Assortment of Potions

KOGA

+ 24185XP | (3455 * 7)
+ 3627col | (xp * 0.15)

NIGHT

+ 38005XP | (3455 * 11)
+ 5700col | (xp * 0.15)

Spoiler

[Thread Progression]

20,751 words | 691 sections | 3,455 base

[Quest Rewards]

Nari-Lanreth, Bismuth

+ 450 XP
+ 500col
+ 5 materials

An Assortment of Potions:
(5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP.
(1) T1 Uncommon Damage Potion: +1 DMG for an entire thread.
(1) T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.
(1) T1 Health Potion, quality is based on Crafting Results.