[F1 – PP] A Second Attempt | <<The Second Lesson>>

Nari took a deep breath, calming herself after the dangerous attack. It had been reckless, but her frustration and anger had guided her. Thankfully, she’d come out okay – but she chastised herself internally, cursing herself for being so stupid. ‘That’s a good way to end up dead, and for what?’

She turned as she heard Bismuth’s sudden call, the man seemingly having drawn the ire of a nearby father boar. She cocked her head as he stumbled around it – managing to stun it, but certainly not looking comfortable in his conflict.

“Hey, uh, Bis? Did you need… some help?” Bringing her shield into a defensive guard, her sword laid against its top edge, she’ll step towards the boar slightly, waiting for the man’s response. She eyed the boar across from her, watching for any signs that the fight could become dangerous to Bismuth – but calm enough to know she didn’t need to intervene just yet. He seemed to have it somewhat under control, and she didn’t want to take away the chance for him to grow from the fight. “If you need me to step in, let me know, okay? I’m right here. You’ll be okay, I’ll make sure of that.”

Spoiler

Bismuth HP: 260/260 | EN: 30/44 (-5: Tech-A)| DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 1 | LD: 6 | BLD: 12
Nari | HP340/340 | EN: 22/52 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 107 | ACC: 3 | THRNS: 9

Nari takes no action, except to watch and smile as Bismuth dances with the big boar. :) 

Spoiler

Word Count: 201

Edited by Nari-Lanreth
Energy Adjustment

Bismuth was reassured by Nari's presence, he was still scared, but Nari was a much better combatant then himself, so her saying that she had his back was comforting. Though the long sharp tusks of the man sized boar in front of him quickly squandered what confidence he had garnered, logically Bismuth knew that he was firmly able to take a hit from the boar, but logic was the farthest thing from his mind right now. Firmly on its feet now Bismuth watched the boar's health deplete from his recent bleed damage, hoping that the bar would deplete fully before he did another charge.

Luck was not on Bismuth's side this time, as the bar stopped short of fully gone, the boar turned to face Bismuth anger flaring in its red eyes. A charge was imminent, and Bismuth was pretty confident in his dodge, knowing that a charge would leave the boar open, though the speed was something that Bismuth wasn't expecting, leaving him barely enough time to dodge, and most certainly not enough time to retaliate. Bismuth looked at Nari fearfully, though seeing her with her full plate, and massive weapon, his confidence resurged again, though who knew how long it would last.

Spoiler

Bismuth | HP: 260/260 | EN: 26/44 (-4: ST-1)| DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 1 | LD: 6 | BLD: 12
Nari | HP340/340 | EN: 20/52 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 107 | ACC: 3 | THRNS: 9

image.png.0a88533ab1c5b3acc43def194a5b0492.png

BD: 2 + 1 +1= 4 = Miss
MD: 7 - 4 = 3 = Miss

Papa Boar(Mama Boar) | HP: 9/60 ( -12: BLD) | DAM: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

Edited by Bismuth

If she looked, it was only to wonder what was taking the duo so long. Past the gates into the Town of Beginnings, and neither party was beginning to show.

What gives?

It was through a sneak behind the wall that she observed the situation. Because after all the imposing, NIGHT didn't think it her place to say what she should do in light of beginners she would find, now or in the future. That her involvement would only make things worse, either for herself or the people she was trying to help. And the sight of a second, larger boar only made her wonder if they'd gotten into an additional tussle on accident or on purpose.

She'd already walked off, either way.

Maybe they engaged it while she wasn't looking. For the sake of keeping the veterans excluded, as one reason. Because it would sow distrust if she had a hand in it, NIGHT decided.

Her only relief from consideration was turning towards Koga, as though hoping he would have something to say about the skirmish.

It took a moment longer for Koga to also notice the delay in Bismuth and Nari's arrival, so when NIGHT went to peer around the wall's of the Town, he followed, eyes settling on the small scuffle that the other two had found themselves in. It looked like they had it handled though.

"They've grown a lot. Quickly," Koga commented passively. More so an observation than any statement on either's abilities. "Remember how long it took us to level even up to their point?" he inquired glancing at NIGHT, then back to the fight, just as Bismuth dodged the boar's attack. "It's a different since Shadow." For better or for worse? Was Cardinal just rushing them all along to their early graves, or was it actually trying to help them, or at least make a more level playing field. What did it even matter? Even if they got out now, they were years behind their peers. Years of rehabilitation ahead. Years of struggle just to regain some semblance of normality that they'd never really obtain.

"NIGHT," Koga addressed his friend, as promises he'd made made him question what he himself was about to ask. "I think I asked you this once a long time ago. You didn't answer then but...what if we never beat the game? Just kept on living in here?" Would he be able to keep his promises in here. Out there? It didn't seem to matter where he was. Memory transcended spaces after all. "Its...better...in here. Right?"

Although the fight had started well, Nari could only watch and ponder as Bismuth and the boar danced around one another – in some sort of deadly, comical performance. A few times she caught herself readying to launch into the conflict, before remembering that Bismuth had wanted to face this one alone. It took almost all of her concentration to remain on alert – to not step in, and she found that as the fight went longer and longer, her ability not to help her newfound friend was becoming more and more difficult.

“Hey…uh…Bis…everything okay? Do…do you need me to…help? Or have you got this…?” Her voice was filled with apprehension as she waited for a response, but she remained as still as she could – a few twitches the only sign of the struggle she was facing within herself. “Just…let me know if you need me to help. I’m right here, okay? You’re not alone…”

Spoiler

Bismuth | HP: 260/260 | EN: 26/44 (-4: ST-1)| DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 1 | LD: 6 | BLD: 12
Nari | HP340/340 | EN: 24/52 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 107 | ACC: 3 | THRNS: 9

Nari stands twitching as she tries very, very, very hard not to end the fight for Bismuth.

Papa Boar(Mama Boar) | HP: 9/60 ( -12: BLD) | DAM: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1 

Spoiler

Word Count: 153

Nari's words were a reassurance as Bismuth looked back to the boar, You are not alone, the statement was simple and obvious, but as of so far Bismuth hadn't lived a life where that phrase was common, filled with a confidence uncommon to himself Bismuth looked at the boar, readying another charge at him, what was he doing? This was the first floor, he was stronger than this, and he wouldn't let this boar, who seemed so much smaller now, best him when he had so much left to accomplish. A cry sounded from Bismuth as he charged the boar, his crimson dagger held out before him, two oppositions meeting with headlong charges, and only one could be the victor, and no one could take that from Bismuth in this moment.

Plunging his blade to the hilt into the boar, as it barreled it's full weight into him at top speeds, sending him tumbling backwards to the ground, Bismuth let a small sigh of relief out as the boar exploded into blue crystalline data. All that was left in the Boar's place was a curved Crimson red dagger, and a hunk of what seemed like jerky. Looking back at Nari from his spot on the ground, he smiled "I think I did it." The foe was small, but it was more than he had ever accomplished, and having someone that he considered a friend nearby to share it was overwhelming in a sense. "I don't think I like Boar's very much." Bismuth stood and brushed himself off, looking around for their other companions, finding nothing he looked back towards Nari "Shall we? I think the blacksmith is waiting."

Spoiler

Bismuth | HP: 260/260 | EN: 22/44 (-4: ST-1)| DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 1 | LD: 6 | BLD: 12
Nari | HP340/340 | EN: 24/52 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 107 | ACC: 3 | THRNS: 9

image.png.ea988be5ff3822c1775b461c506b3611.png

BD: 6 + 1 + 1 = 8 = Hit = 5 * 4 = 20 - 5 = 15

MD: He Dead

Papa Boar(Mama Boar) | HP: 0/60 ( -15) | DAM: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1 

Edited by Bismuth

"Yeah," NIGHT replied, turning to the combatants as they were destroying the last boar. Hushed as secrets should be. "There was a system update and everything. The message should've been sent out to everybody."

She pulled herself back from the fields, leaning against the wall, arms folded. There was no need for the party to figure she was watching -- rather, it felt like NIGHT needed the privacy more than the newbies.

"NIGHT, I think I asked you this once a long time ago. You didn't answer then but...what if we never beat the game? Just kept on living in here?"

The player thought for a moment, bothered at the query posed. "You've never asked me this before," she corrected. Frown apparent, the woman met Koga's sights as she folded her arms. Were there hints of regret or hesitation in the corners of his expression? NIGHT couldn't tell, between the haze of the present, hiding from Nari and now-- this.

"Its...better...in here. Right?"

A silly notion.

"What in the world are you talking about?"

She thought about the other players about to return to their sides. Thought about the likelihood of getting into an argument so soon after recovering from another. Once NIGHT had paused soon enough to hear the shuffles of steps upon dirt close by, she decided to respond, pushing herself off the support on her back.

"...You can ask me again another time."

The walk to the town of beginnings from the plains that the boars had been in was a short one, and getting there took them less than a minute. There was still no sign of their higher level companions, and it seemed like Nari didn't really care, so Bismuth didn't really question it at all. Stepping into the blacksmith Bismuth could hear the steady hammering of a man at work, looking around the shop it was clear why, their were of course weapons and armor here, but it seemed like the man also produced crafting supplies for the town, which seemed to always be in high demand. "We got those boar tusks you were asking for." Bismuth placed his pouch of the small tusks on to the counter. The Blacksmith looked up giving the due a nod "I wasn't the one who took out your loan, I don't deal in loans, But the jobless ingrate Pete Larkin could use the Charity, try him." Lyle returned to his work before pausing as if remembering something "Oh and go ahead and grab a set of armor and weapon on your way out. They aren't good enough to sell, but they should do as payment for your services." 

"Thankyou." Bismuth turned towards Nari smiling, it was another quest well done, and it had been nice doing it with friends. "Thankyou for inviting me to come along, I heard you were in the tournament soon, I thought to throw my hat in the ring too, so I guess we both aught to go prepare." Bismuth gave a small respectful bow as he turned towards the door looking back "Contact me when you want to find this Pete Larkin fellow, let me know, I would love to help." With those parting words Bismuth made his way home in order to prepare for the tournament, maybe he could manage to make it past the first round, and actually get somewhere.

Thread Summary

Bismuth:

2,530 EXP: 500 Quest, 2,030 Thread Contents

<Boar Jerky> T1 Perfect Consumable 2 DAM 1 MIT: Quest

<Tealeaf Blade> T1 Uncommon Dagger 1 DAM: Quest

600 Col: 500 Quest, 100 Thread Contents

Nari:

2,530 EXP: 500 Quest, 2,030 Thread Contents

<Boar Jerky> T1 Perfect Consumable 2 DAM 1 MIT: Quest

<Tealeaf Whip> T1 Uncommon Whip 1 DAM: Quest

600 Col: 500 Quest, 100 Thread Contents

Koga: