[PP-F?] Close Encounters Chapter 2 (Ryu and Akumu) COMPLETE

Akumu waited for Ryu by the next dungeon so they could begin killing monsters and clearing the floors together. She wore her hood as always and sat on the wet grass. The day wasn't very nice, it was humid. In the distance she could see the other players walking about, training, and buying things from the town. By the fountains couples made wishes and the poor scrounged for loose change. It was yet another "day" in the artificial world of Sword Art Online, but today was exciting also. Not only was she planning to clear a floor, but she was clearing it with a friend, Ryu.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know....when i first got you PM i thought you were kidding, but now i see this lovely lady it determined to do the impossible i suddenly spoke to her from a tree right behind her.

I took a bite of an apple and was hanging upside down by my feet. I chewed the apple and swallowed before starting my next statement.

You know...its impossible for a Floor Boss to respawn right? and we've beaten....7 of them and are working on the eighth as we speak i spoke gently after possibly startling her. But we can still go inside and fight monsters ya know

Akumu was shocked upon hearing the information. Ryu was the first friend she had made here and she didn't get out much so it wasn't normal for information to reach her personally. I think we could go in this one to warm up but move to higher levels and eventually beat a boss ourselves. She said as she watched him finish his apple. Akumu peered in the dark space ahead, then back at Ryu.

I threw the apple to the ground and it shattered i hundreds of crystal pieces. I did a flip landing next to Akumu.

Maybe one day we can clear a floor with everyone else, for now lets stick to combat training inside their dungeons i said confidently, patting a different sword at my side today. Today would be the first time i tried a curved sword for a weapon. Wanting a can katana so badly, i figured this was the best way to go for now.

So...Shall we get started? i asked her gently

I took her hand ever so gently but instead of pulling up, i pulled her into me. She crashed onto my lap before i answered her question.

Well yeah...of course it is i said her faces so close to each other that our noses almost touched.

Learning the Curved sword shouldnt be much different...i hope i said smiling at her, still kinda close to her face

Instead of pulling him up off the ground I felt a tug towards him. I, not expecting it, fell right on top if him.My hood falls off my head, revealing my purple eyes and scar but I didn't care. I looked into his eyes as he spoke, our faces ever so close. I'm sure you can handle it. I allowed my forehead to touch his as i closed my eyes and sighed. Who would have ever thought I would have made friends in this game, or even show my face? I think to myself.

Hey...Akumu, now isnt the time to daydream...lets go get some work done! i said gently to half tempted to kiss her right then and there but i didnt. Instead i shifted lifting us both up and placing her on the ground gently.

Alrighty then, lets get started i said before turning towards the dungeon now in front of us

[battle dice 7]

I snapped out of it as he picked me up and placed my feet on the grass. I walked with him into our first dungeon. We walked in the dark for who know how long until we were greeted by bats that had a temper. Now would be a good time to practice! I said to him as I took our my own sword. I sliced the first bat in half, shattering it's pixels, and waited for Ryu to get the next one. The bats screech was loud and echoed throughout the cave's darkness.

I was so used to Ragnarok my long sword that i couldnt get used to the curved blades handling style. I sliced upward and finally caught a bat in the wing, the cut it in half just as quickly. I was finally starting to get the hang of it all of a sudden there were at least six of them surrounding us.

Battle Commence

Ryu 35/35

Akumu 11/11

Bat 1 2/2

Bat 2 2/2

Bat 3 2/2

Bat 4 2/2

Bat 5 2/2

Bat 6 2/2

I watch Ryu have difficulties with his sword when he tried to grasp it correctly. Eventually though I watched him get used to it after cutting a bats wing. I swing at the bat behind me, missing it by a landslide. The lack of light made my ability to see the bat horrible.

Battle Commence

Ryu 35/35

Akumu 11/11

Bat 1 2/2

Bat 2 2/2

Bat 3 2/2

Bat 4 2/2

Bat 5 2/2

Bat 6 2/2

I tried to figure out which one i wanted to make my target, so instead i swung wide and lashed my sword out at three of them, hoping to get some sort of results from the attack itself.

Results Heavy Crit, 3 damage to bats 4-6)

I split those bats open like bread and it was awesome to watch them explode into pieces or crystal shards

HP

Ryu 35/35

Akumu 11/11

Bat 1 2/2

Bat 2 2/2

Bat 3 2/2

Out of the corner of my eye I see Ryu really getting into his fighting, killing them so easily. I turn back to the pesky bat I'm having trouble with and strike once more. I hit it causing it to split open. My attention directs towards another bat flying at me. I don't duck in time so the bat skims the top of m head. Angered now my blade turn a deep red as I locate the bat and chop it in mid air.

Akumu's Health 10/11

I turned to see her having trouble with the bats, so i ran over to assist her not realizing that the bats could start dishing out damage so easily. I swung at the three remaining hoping to catch something in my attack.

Battle Result 7 deals 1 damage)

I cut all of the bats but it wasnt enough, they were still coming at us

Ryu 35/35

Akumu 10/11

Bat 1 1/2

Bat 2 1/2

Bat 3 1/2

Akumu moved herself into a stance and waited for them to come at then. She dove a deep cut into the first as Ryu handled the second one. Her sword glowed once more as she made a final strike towards the bats. I missed it again! How many times am I going to miss today?! She thought, preparing for another attack.

[battle dice 3, miss]

Akumu 10/11

Realizing bats were a little tougher i thought striking them in a group would be easier to take them out in groups. I pulled the sword back and swung atthe goup that was remaining

Results 5 Miss)

Me missing wa a bad sign since the bats took this as an opportunity to attack me. Bitting down on my arm as i shielded Akumu from any possible damage.

Hp

Ryu 32/35

Akumu 10/11

Bat 1 1/2

Bat 2 1/2

Bat 3 1/2

Noticing the bats final had perished i did a fancy trick with my sword and sheathed it. It was quite fun now that the swarm had died down. I looked over at Akumu as she looked over at me. I smiled at her to let her know everything was a-ok.

There isnt really that much more to this dungeon, but we can keep exploring to kill some time before night fall hits ya know i said gently as walked with her down the path of the dungeon

I walked ahead after putting my sword away. By now my eyes had adjusted to the darkness of the cave and could see better. The cave's noise echoed through out, drip, drip, drip, the water sounded. My feet carried me mindlessly ahead to a split path. It went to two ways. One path was lit, the other was dark. I looked at Ryu, Which do you want to go in? The lighter one probably has trap and monsters, the darker one would be difficult too, considering there isn't any light.