[OP - F1] Two's Too Much

Glitch stood at the mouth of Starting City. His jaw clenched, held high, and an forced swallow. He was going to leave the safety of the city by himself but stay close enough in case things got too hot for him to handle. With his starter weapon in hand — a two-handed spear — he headed out. He stepped over roots and rocks, swatted at annoying buzzing that assaulted his ears, and almost tripped over knotted grass.

He complained under his breath about the forest he stalked through. He wished that the plain was more even, the grass more trimmed, maybe pile the fallen branches somewhere other than the walkway. Glitch kicked his foot to free it from another grass knot and heard a squeal while his foot made contact with something soft. He paused, his face paling as he tried thinking of what it could be. He glanced down and frowned.

A brown furred boar laid several feet away from where he stood, having been granted the gift of flight for just a second until gravity did its job. It was smaller than he had expected so it gave him hope that it would be an easy fight. Easy fight equaled easy XP right? Glitch thought so too until he readied his weapon and heard grunts on either side of him. He glanced to the side of him and frowned. Two bigger boars stood in the foliage, huffing and puffing, preparing for a charge.

“W-wait,†Glitch said holding a hand up in an attempt to reason with the beasts. The smaller of the boars had taken off running further into the forest leaving Glitch with the other two. He looked between them and then over his shoulder. The City wasn’t too far away, but if he couldn’t handle even these monsters then he wouldn’t be able to fight off any of the other ones in the upper floors.

“Okay,†he said grabbing his weapon with both hands. “I can’t — can — can do this.†He nodded his head in encouragement. “Maybe one at a time?â€

During his pondering the boars had made a move and acted as a blockade for his escape route to the City.

“Nevermind,†Glitch said putting away his weapon and running deeper into the forest.

“I can’t do two!â€

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't do two I heard from the distance. "Who was that?" I said to myself, as I continued to walk in the forest. I heard rustling from the other side of the forest. I pulled out Eterna, and got ready for anything that came out from the side of me. I hear something snarling, and I ran towards the sound. I bumped into a player, and fell to the ground. "Ow ow ow." I said rubbing my forehead. "Excuse me." I said, as I ran past him.

There was two Frenzy Boars chasing that player. "This looks fun." I said, as I brought my sword towards my waist. I lunged at the Frenzy Boar, and struck it. I leaped back to a safe distance, and smirked.

PARTY

Echo - 21/21

ENEMY

Frenzy Boar - 3/5

Frenzy Boar - 5/5

I was sleeping in a tree above, taking another day off. I liked to sleep in my spare time so it wasn't uncommon to see me dozing off in a tree. I had been asleep for hours until something startled me from my slumber. i flailed in the tree, thinking something was attacking me, and feel to the ground. I hit branch after branch until finally I hit the forest floor, landing hard on my butt. I grunted and scowled when I got up. It seemed that a noisy player a few feet away was running for his life from two boars. It's those stupid boars again! I screamed in my head. I ran at the idiotic boars, forgetting about the boy running away and equipped my sword. I grabbed my sword out of it's sheath and sprinted towards them with rage. I tried to land a good hit on it but just couldn't.

PARTY

Echo - 21/21

Mayonaka 17/17

ENEMY

Frenzy Boar - 3/5

Frenzy Boar - 5/5

My hood covered my identity, as I struck the boar. Suddenly, a player came by attempting to slash the boar. "It's dangerous here. I can handle it." I said, with a failed deep voice. "Ahem. Anyways you should get away from here." I said, as I draw Eterna towards the Frenzy Boars. My sword glowed bright white, as Eterna came down destroying the Frenzy Boar. It shattered into a million of polygons. I smirked, and leaped back in front of the player.

PARTY

Echo - 21/21

Mayonaka 17/17

ENEMY

Frenzy Boar - DEAD

Frenzy Boar - 5/5

Glitch had fallen from brushing against the other player (he cursed the knotted blades though), and picked himself up. He brushed himself off and winced at the sound of something falling to the ground. He looked to see another player picking themselves up and rushing into the midst of his problem. He looked between the players and the boars and weighed his options, he could fight with them on one hand, gain some XP and possible items, or he could sneak his way back to the City as these two seem to be dealing just fine on their own.

He looked toward the city walls and pursed his lips together judging the run. Then he turned to look at the players once again. With his mindset, Glitch held out his hand, fast-equipping his two-handed spear. He tightened his hold on it and lunged toward the remaining monster. The attack had missed as the boar side-stepped out of the way. Glitch's steps faltered nearly causing him to trip.

PARTY

Echo - 21/21

Mayonaka 17/17

GlitchDjinn 5/5

ENEMY

Frenzy Boar - DEAD

Frenzy Boar - 5/5

I threw my Eterna towards the Frenzy Boar, and quickly switched to Koiken. "Time to end this!" I said, as I pass through the Frenzy Boar. The Frenzy Boar almost died, and I smirked. I see the player from earlier heading towards me. "C-Careful!" I said, as I run towards the player. My hood left my head, exposing my face. I leaped in front of the Frenzy Boar, as its attention was still towards me.

PARTY

Echo - 21/21

Mayonaka 17/17

ENEMY

Frenzy Boar - 2/5

Glitch’s ears picked up at the warning but he couldn’t ignore the opening he was given. It was too perfect! The boar’s attention wasn’t on him. He pivoted around the other player and in the same motion he brought the large spear down on to the the back of the monster. A red gash appeared where he had managed to land the hit. A large grin appeared on his face.

He turned to look at the other players with wide eyes, one hand pointing to the angered boar, and the other using his weapon to lean on.

“Did you see that?! I hit it!†Glitch laughed until he felt something knock into his back and caused him to fall over. He gave a surprise cry as he noticed his health had depleted. He looked over his shoulder to see the boar striking the ground with its front leg.

“I’m sorry!†He apologized scrambling back on his feet using his spear for support.

PARTY

Echo - 21/21

Mayonaka 17/17

GlitchDjinn 4/5

ENEMY

Frenzy Boar - 1/5

"Tch. Be careful. I don't want anyone to die on me now." I said, as I span my sword to my side. I brought my weapons from the top left, and ended it on the bottom right. The Frenzy Boar shattered into a million of polygons, and I smirked. I fell the floor, and sat there. "Are you okay?" I said, with a worried tone. As I de-materialize Eterna, and started to pick the leaves off the floor.

PARTY

Echo - 21/21

Mayonaka 17/17

GlitchDjinn 4/5

ENEMY

Frenzy Boar - DEAD

The battle was over before I could even get a good hit in. The player in the hood was oddly familiar to me but I didn't say anything. Instead I walked over to the boy who woke me up. Why are you running around in the forest waking people up eh?! I practically yell at him. I waited to see his reaction to this statement.

I turned over to the female voice and to my surprise it was Mayonaka. "M-May?" I said with my failed deep voice. I quickly put my hood back on, and stepped back a bit. "Ahem. I mean are you two okay? We should just head out of the forest. More monsters spawn here." I said, putting my hand in my pocket. I walked out of the forest and on the path towards the Town of Beginnings.

"Funny story," Glitches started, picking at his nails. He opened his mouth to continue, but the other player had spoken up and he fell silent. He watched the exchange of words while cleaning the small bits of dirt that managed to collect under his nails from his earlier fall. His attention split between it and his acquaintances. He rose a brow at the strange reaction but said nothing until the suggestion to return.

"Right, sounds good to me." Glitch said leading the way. He stepped over roots and knots again.

"Watch out for those, I swear they are alive or cursed." He warned glaring down at the grass. He looked over his shoulder with a grin.

"So! Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated. I'm GlitchDjinn, but you can call me Glitch."

When I heard my name the curiosity in me spiked up. I didn't want to call him out on it so I decided to wait until he introduced himself to us. I'm Mayonaka, call me Mayonaka! Boars and tree are my problem in this world. It's nice to meet you Glitch but I have to warn you..If you ever wake me and cause me to fall out of a tree again...! I said, letting him get the picture. I narrowed my eyes, trying to get a good look at the other boy's face.

I continued to walk towards the Town of Beginnings. What's Mayonaka doing here? Oh well. I wonder who that kids was. I thought to myself, as I put my hands in my pocket. "*sighs* I guess this world is small after all." I said, watching the monsters spawn at the fields. The floor has Frenzy Boars, and Dire Wolves around the fields. "These are weak, but am I strong enough to end these quick." I said, as I sat on a rocky edge near the monsters.

Glitch helded his hands up in defense, a weak smile twitched on his lips as he caught the unfinished threat. He crossed his toes (so to speak) that she wouldn't become a Player Killer and he would be the first victim. What kind of defeat would that have been? To be beaten by another player? Well, it'd be nice on one hand if they were equally skilled, but a quick glance told him that they were not on the same level. Both in terms of skill and level.

"I am sorry, I had no idea there would be people in the trees..." His voice trailed off as a question popped in his mind.

"What were you doing sleeping in a tree for?" He asked cocking his head to look at her. Glitch turned his attention back to other player and ran up to him, ignoring the monster that had spawned.

"Weak? So you're strong?" Glitch asked eyeing the monster with a weary glance.

I looked at Glitch like he was crazy. People don't sleep in trees, I do. I was sleeping in the tree because it was comfortable and I don't like to waste my col on something as stupid as an Inn. I said like he should know that already. I still wanted to give him advice though since he wasn't very skilled. The monsters started to spawn, I was about to help but the boy rejected help before I could ask. I bit my bottom lip in frustration from this boy claiming to be able to take them on his own. It reminded me of my friend Echo in a weird way, he was confident with every move and word he said.

"Ack! When did you get here?" I said, watching the monsters walk around the fields. I took a deep breath, and watched the Frenzy Boars, and Dire Wolves idling. "I'm not strong. I can't protect the people I care for. I'm sure I won't be able to last long enough to see this through the end, but I know I'll be able to let them go back home." I replied to Glitch. I leaned back on my hands, and stared into the skies. "Do you have anyone you want to protect?" I shook my head. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name." I said still covering my face.

"Protect?" Glitch parroted raising his brow. He brought up a hand and tilted it side from side twice before allowing it to drop at his side once more.

"Kind of, but I don't know where those people are." His voice turned muffled the closer it got to the end.

"Is that your imagination or do you really think that you won't survive for long?" Glitch asked while he shifted his stance, eyes drifting to Mayonaka. He had heard what she said, but he couldn't imagine a tree being comfortable. Not like a bed anyway. Then again, he bent even the money for a room, so his own choices were limited.

His attention was brought back to the hooded figure. His lips pursed shut in a thin line then broke into a smile.

"Name is Glitch," he said once again. He turned around to face the female player.

"You didn't get hurt from the fall did you? No fall damage to speak of?" Glitch asked , a frown forming on his face at the thought. He'd hate to be the reason a Player would lose something as important as health.

This player was confusing me by each moment that passed. When Glitch spoke to me again, trying to know if I had any fall damage done to me. No, I didn't take any damage that I know of. I reassured him with a quick smile before facing the hooded player. So what's your name? I said, skeptical. He was seriously familiar to me now, and I was itching to know who he was.

"Glitch, huh? Unique." I said, as I continue to watch the monsters idling. Glitch turned back to Mayonaka and started to chat. You didn't get hurt from the fall did you? No fall damage to speak of?.. No, I didn't take any damage that I know of. I was listening into their conversation than suddenly, So what's your name? For a moment, my heart skipped a beat. Why am I hiding from her? We're friends. Something in my mind told me to ignore it, and I played it off as if she was talking to Glitch. "Yeah, what is your name Glitch." I said, as I snicker softly.

I'm not talking to Glitch, I'm talking to you! I said a little frustrated. I had enough, he nothing to hide from me. I didn't think twice about this at all, I walked straight up to the player I didn't know and stood in front of him. I lifted my hand up to the top of his hood, ready to pull it off, but stopped. I was waiting for him to object.