[OP - F1] Two's Too Much

"Stop!" I said, as I grabbed onto Mayonaka's hand. "Why so curious about my name?" I asked Mayonaka, as I focused on not getting my hood removed. Why am I so afraid? Just say I'm Echo. I thought to myself. The memories of that girl flashed me, and I stood up holding my hand towards my head. It was like I had a headache, but I quickly walked towards the field.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glitch had stepped out of the way of Mayonaka's path and watched the scene unfold before him, keeping his lips pursed in a straight line and started picking at his nails again. The tips of his fingers were getting irritated, he could feel them starting to give an all too familiar sting.

He felt something nudge against his leg and looked down to see the small boar he had accidentally kicked earlier. It gave a high-pitched grunt given its size. Glitch scooped it up in his arms and held it in front of his face.

"You're a cutie, aren't ya? Those two are having an intimate moment together," he turned the tiny boar to the two others. "Lost in their own world they are -- oh, it seems like the cloaked one escaped."

I heard footsteps behind me, and saw the Mayonaka was following me. "Can I help you, Ma- Stranger." I quickly said, as I move towards a pack of monsters. Glitch was holding a Frenzy Boar, as I turned my head. "What are you doing Glitch?" I said, with a curious tone. I walked back towards him, and looked at the monster. "Ewh." I said at the monster.

Glitch moved the boar's arms like a puppet, using his index fingers to lift the front legs of the monster up and down. One could look at it as a person playing the drums, well, a boar, but the concept stands.

"I ran into this little guy before those two Boars showed up. It seems to have come back, but I don't know why it would." He commented. The small Frenzy Boar wiggled around in Glitch's hands. He couldn't keep a good hold on the pig and it dropped out of his hands. He flinched away while he watched it make impact with the ground, but it had brushed it off just fine.

"They're really cute when not trying to maim you in some way," Glitch commented, crouching. The boar gave a squeal, striking the ground with its front leg. His gaze shifted from it to the person in front of him then to Mayonaka.

"So..." Glitch's voice dropped to a whisper. He put his hand to the side of his mouth to act as a sound barrier and prevent lip-reading. "Were you two, ya know?" He held up the pinky of his other hand in a poor attempt to illustrate what he meant.

My streak of glaring through closed eyes ended when I heard a squeal behind me, really close behind me. I decided now was the time to strike it, before it could kill me first. I pulled my sword out at lightning speed and pointed it at the boar. It gave me a scared a look, I retracted my blade and put it away. I still wanted to kill it though. Glitch said something that made my spine shiver a little. No! I already have one, he's somewhere else right now. I don't know where exactly though.. I hissed at him, not meaning to sound rude though. I got up from the crouched position and walked in front of the hooded player. I turned around and looked at him, walking backwards.

I hit Glitch over the head, "Idiot.. I wasn't doing anything like that." I said, as Mayonaka walked in front of me. My hood still covering the top half of my face, I looked at Mayonaka. "What's the matter?" I said, as I stood up. I looked at Mayonaka, as I tilted my head a bit. "Hmm? Where are you going?" I asked, as Mayonaka walked backwards.

I kept on walking backwards while he asked me questions, I also answered. Well to start off, you are practically a ghost walking, you won't tell me who you are. I'm walking this way, I trust you'll tell me if anything is behind me so I don't- I was caught off guard by the knotted grass under me. I tripped backwards over the grass with my arms spread out in front of me.

Glitch gave a whine while he rubbed the spot that was assaulted. He had fallen on his bottom from the sudden force, and didn't make a move to get up. The little Frenzy Boar snorted toward Mayonaka before heading off again. He watched it until it no longer was in his sights. He looked toward the female player with his head cocked to the side.

"Same question," he chimed in with a nod. He stood, brushing the dirt off his bottoms. He followed Mayonaka, eyes searching the ground for those cursed knots. Glitch opened his mouth to warn the female player, but he was already too late. He acted on instinct and rushed at her side when he saw her foot get twisted up in the grass. He grabbed her stretched hand and pulled her toward him.

"You okay?"

I sat on the rocket edge, and snicked at how Mayonaka fell. "Same old Mayonaka." I said, and to my realization. I put my hand over my mouth, and slowly moved it away. "Ahem.. I mean you should've watched where you were going." I said, as I try to hold my laughter in. The wind blew as a bit of my silver hair came out of my white hood.

I was caught by Glitch before falling on my butt. I gave an apologetic smile to him before thanking him. Thanks, and you were right about the grass. I said, a little displeased at myself. My name from the other player sparked my attention. He covered it with another meaningless sentence, to cover his obvious laughter. Hey what's so funny? I say before stopping. A silver hair had fallen from his hood, in his eyes. I knew for sure now that I knew him, he was too familiar thought. I stepped towards him.

Glitched gave the two a grin and looked around the area. The monster's attention didn't seem to be on them any longer. In fact they seemed to be locked on to something else off in the distance. He glanced up to see just what they were looking at and saw someone making their way toward their little group.

"Uh, you two," Glitch said nodding his head to the approaching person. "I know you're having a moment, and as much as I'd love to get this wedding started there seems to be a crasher just yonder." He put on a fake accent to go along with his little act. He raised a hand to point the new person out. With each second they drew closer and their appearance became more defined.

"Tch. Who's that?" I said, as I try to look at the player from the distance. I couldn't see the face of the player. "He's probably just passing by. No need to bother him." I said, as I turn around and face the monsters. The Frenzy Boars, and Dire Wolves watched the player from a distance and started to creep up on him. "Hm? Why is their attention towards him?" I said, as I shook my head. I continued to watch the monsters walk towards the player. I placed my hand on my cheek. "You two should warn him." I said, as I stare at nothing but the field.

"I'll go give him a warning." Glitch quickly volunteered already taking steps toward the other. "

I suppose us staying idle for so long has cost the monster's to just ignore us. A few games I've played had the same system," He suggested turning his head just slightly to allow his voice to carry. He stepped over roots, stomped down knots, and made his way toward the incoming stranger. When he had looked up, he had noticed their movement speed increased and they were just meters away.

"Hey!" Glitch called raising an arm in greeting. He offered the stranger a smile and looked over his shoulder. The boar's and wolves' attention had shifted between the two. He ignored them for the moment to take in the other player's appearance.

"Doing some training out here?" He asked resting his hands on his hips. "This is a heavy area -- trust me on this -- and you may draw too many for you to handle if you can't get the lock-on right.'

I overheard the player looking for me, but ignored it. "I guess he's looking for someone to train. Any of you two interested?" I asked, as I closed my eyes. I felt the wind brush past the fields, and my silver hair started to blow out of my hood again. The monsters around Glitch, and other player started to get closer to them. "Tch. I guess I need to do something about this." I said, as I stood up.

He said Echo, I'm sure of it. I thought as I walked closer to the boy in the field, about to be attacked by the wolves and boars. Two small boars and a dire wolf had surrounded him by now, ready to swallow him whole. I latched my hand onto my sword handle and pulled it out. Which my pace picking up I jumped in the air and stabbed it into the first boar, killing it.

Mayonaka 17/17

Dire Wolf 10/10

Small boar 0/3 DEAD

Small boar 3/3