[OP - F1] Two's Too Much

"Echo?" Glitch asked crossing his arms and shifting his weight to allow to one leg. He shrugged, looking over his shoulder to the two behind him. Maybe one of them knew who he was talking about. He faced the other player and was about to reply until he heard growls and something similar to tapping.

Glitch flinched at the sudden appearance of Mayonaka. He quickly spun around, weapon appearing in his hands, poised for battle. He turned just in time to witness one of the boars disappear in a mass for pixels. He put his weapon into the ground for a moment to give Mayonaka applause for her quick movements and crit.

The remaining boar snorted and charged. Glitch took his weapon in both hands. The spearhead pointed downward and he lunged. The head of the weapon caught the underside of the boar as he brought it upward in an arc, a green beam followed the weapons path.

"I think they would have just looked at the meal instead of diving in," Glitch said throwing a smile to Mayonaka.

Mayonaka 17/17

Glitch 9/9

Dire Wolf 10/10

Small boar 0/3 DEAD

Small boar 2/3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I walked over to the two, "Well. Don't mind if I join you two." I drew Eterna, and pointed at the two monsters left on the field. I leaped forward, and slashed the Dire Wolf with grace. My hood was about to fall off, and my left eye caught the attention of the two players. I quickly grabbed my hood and pulled it down, and I leaped behind the monsters.

Party:

Echo [25/25 HP]

Mayonaka [17/17 HP]

Glitch [9/9 HP]

Enemy:

Dire Wolf [3/5 HP]

Small Boar [3/3 HP]

"By all means," Glitch said pivoting out of the way. With his spear raised at his waist, he thrust at the boar again. The Small Boar threw its head to the side, bumping the spear and efficiently forcing it out away. Glitch stumbled over his own feet, having put his weight behind the attack.

"I hate fighting in this terrain." he mumbled just loud enough for his teammates to hear. He shifted his hands under him to push himself up, but as he raised his head he met eye-to-eye with the Small Boar. Glitch gave an uneasy laugh.

"N-nice, piggy." It huffed in his face, brushing his hair out of his eyes. He felt the heat of its breath on his face, the smell of it (which had surprised him, why did a virtual pig have a smell?). Glitch scrambled to get to his feet, but it was too late. The Small Boar had lunged forward, its head making contact with the Glitch's throat.

He fell back clutching his neck. He became victim to a coughing fit, gulping down as much air and trying to soothe the pain.

Party:

Echo [25/25 HP]

Mayonaka [17/17 HP]

Glitch [6/9 HP]

Enemy:

Dire Wolf [3/5 HP]

Small Boar [2/3 HP]*

* OOC; Glitch's first hit from an earlier post had managed to make impact on the remaining small boar. I saw that you had put the HP back at 3.

I saw as the Small Boar lunged towards Glitch's throat, and watching him coughing while gasping for air was a terrible sight. I placed Koiken in front of me, and prepared for the monsters to attack us.

The Small Boar started to walk back to its original position, but I took off towards it. I leaped into the air, and plunged right into the Small Boar. For that moment, I was in the air until it burst into a million of polygons. I slowly went down, and dashed back towards Mayonaka, and Glitch.

Party:

Echo [25/25 HP]

Mayonaka [17/17 HP]

Glitch [9/9 HP]

Enemy:

Dire Wolf [3/5 HP]

Small Boar DEAD

[OOC]

Once the pain subsided and he could breathe easily again, Glitch got to his feet using his spear for support. On steady footing, Glitch readied his weapon again. He nodded his hand in thanks to the white-haired cloaked figure (thank the winds for giving some insight on the person's appearance), and moved the heavy spear into position.

It illuminated in a blue-ish. He planted a foot firmly on the ground, turning his body just slightly to make sure his stance was strong. He kicked off his back foot, taking a large step forward, and the system helped guide his weapon right toward the remaining monster. The Dire Wolf was not paying him attention and with a straight thrust, Glitch's weapon made contact with the beast. It gave a yelp, turning its head to try and snap on to the spear, but Glitch had pulled it out of its reach.

Party:

Echo [25/25 HP]

Mayonaka [17/17 HP]

Glitch [6/9 HP]

Enemy:

Dire Wolf [1/5 HP]

[OOC-Sorry it took so long, computer died]

I decided it was my turn again to hit, although there was no specific order in a battle. I charged at the remaining wolf, hoping to kill it but went right past it. I slowed down my running and turned around to see that the wolf had lost interest in me, it was going towards Glitch. I trusted Glitch to finish off the wolf so I pulled my sword behind me and unequipped it.

Echo [25/25 HP]

Mayonaka [17/17 HP]

Glitch [6/9 HP]

Enemy:

Dire Wolf [1/5 HP]

[OOC; not a problem, all charged up?]

Watching Mayonaka miss the wolf caused Glitch to prepare his weapon once again. With both hands ready, he waited until the wolf was close enough and gave another thrust forward. The wolf jumped onto the flat end of the spearhead, forcing the weapon down. Before Glitch could swing it up, the creature had used the the spear as a springboard. It closed the distance too fast for Glitch to react.

He felt the fangs of it sink into his shoulder, its paws digging into him trying to keep upright. Glitch shoved the wolf off once shock released him. He clutched onto his wounded shoulder, dropping to his knees, releasing a long breath containing a single swear. He watched his HP dwindle by another point, his jaw clenched. If he kept at it like this he'd be dead before the day was over. He did not want that.

The growling behind him grew louder, and he used his weapon as a crutch once again. It's all it's been good for lately.

"C'mon, just die already." Glitch mumbled turning to face it. It was mocking that it only had one health left and it was chipping away at his. He only needed to deal the last blow, just one hit, and then they could have moved on.

Party:

Echo [25/25 HP]

Mayonaka [17/17 HP]

Glitch [5/9 HP]

Enemy:

Dire Wolf [1/5 HP]

I watched as Mayonaka, and Glitch missed the wolf. I prepared quickly equipped Fury's Echo, and waited until the wolf gave me time to attack. The wolf jumped onto Glitch's spearhead, and forced it out of his hand. The Dire Wolf closed the distance between them. Glitch couldn't react in time, and I could get there to stop him.

The Dire Wolf started to growl at me, and I pointed Fury's Echo at it. "It's over you two. Let's just get going." I said, as I charged at the Dire Wolf. It leaped towards me, attempting to bite me. I knee'd it in the jaw, and stabbed my sword right into its stomach. I heard it screech for a while, and shatter into a million of pieces.

Party:

Echo [25/25 HP]

Mayonaka [17/17 HP]

Glitch [9/9 HP]

Enemy:

Dire Wolf DEAD

Glitch looked up at the person with a smile. His shoulder stung, his throat felt like a bruise may be forming, but he knew that here there are no bruises, and he felt exhausted. But the reason for smiling through all the pain was simple: it meant that he was alive. The pain meant he still was able to fight and had a chance to get out, so he will trudge through it.

"Thanks, uh, Shiro*." Glitch said standing up. He rotated his shoulder to get the feeling back. The pain dwindled away little by little until it vanished. He turned to face the others two, noticing that the one from earlier had disappeared to somewhere leaving he, Mayonaka, and the person he had dubbed Shiro by their lonesome.

"I guess he may have found someone to train with?" Glitch asked shrugging his shoulders.

"Do these monsters drop anything nice?" He asked opening the inventory menu with a downward sweep of his index and middle fingers. He inspected his inventory and didn't see anything newly added, just the bread, water, and the cloth jacket he had yet to equip. He heaved a sigh; maybe they didn't give anything because they were such low level mobs? Glitch picked his head up when he heard a snort and looked around. A small dot came out of the foliage and charged toward them. It was the tiny Frenzy Boar, not even big enough to count as a monster, that he attempted to befriend earlier.

"What a strange beasty," Glitch commented watching it crash into his leg. Its tusks hadn't even grown in yet, to him it looked like an ordinary piglet.

The wind started to pick up, and the hood I wore came right off. I had already looked the opposite direction of Mayonaka, and Glitch. The battle with those monsters ended rather quick, but I had a bad feeling something was going wrong. I grabbed the hood, and placed it back on my head. I looked over to Glitch and Mayonaka, as I watch Glitch attempt to soothe his pain. "You'll be fine. As long as we stop for a while." I said, as I look around of the other player.

"S-Shiro?" I said, with a confused tone. I shook my head, and sat down on the rock edge. Glitch started to rotate his shoulder, and it seemed like his pain started to fade away. I layed on the rocky edge, and de-materialize my weapon. "I feel it.." I mumbled to myself, as the wind started to pick up once again.

A small Frenzy Boar, came up to Glitch once again. I stood up immediately, and quickly equipped «Fury's Echo». "Ach. Its just you." I said, as I de-materialized my weapon once again. The small Frenzy Boar started to snort at me, as if it was an insult. "You're lucky I can't cook!" I said, with a smirk.

After the hooded boy and Glitch fought the monsters I sat on the rock, next to the boy. I was trying my best not to explode at him for being so secluded about his identity. I once again bit my tongue and crossed my arms after putting away my sword on my back. I put one leg over the other and scowled at my own thoughts. You could almost see the anger coming out of my head. I didn't give any attention to the small boar that nudged my foot with it's soft face.

The small boar huffed at Shiro for the vague threat, digging at the ground with its front leg. Glitch scooped it up in his arms as he did before. He spared Mayonaka a glance and could almost feel a burn scorch him just by looking in her direction. He wasn't sure why, but he had an idea what may have caused the annoyance. His eyes had moved to the female player to the cloaked one.

"Where do we go from here? Split up and call it a day, or...?" Glitch's voice trailed off, eyes going to the pig in his hands. It wiggled around in his grip. A sense of deja vu washed over him. He released the pig, much gentler than earlier, and watched it run off again.

"Do they normally act like that?" He asked tilting his head as he watched it run away. He saw something hanging from the small boar's mouth and he rose a brow. Glitch patted himself down, knocked his knuckles against his head after realizing his mistake, and opened his item menu. The cloth jacket he hadn't equipped and water, both from the beginner pack, but the bread was missing.

He looked through the remaining slots worried that he may have moved it, searched his memory of times where he may have used it, but he didn't recall even taking one loaf. And the inventory was only six slots in the beginning, and four of the slots were empty.

"I think it took my food," Glitch frowned looking in the direction the boar had taken off. "It took my food. How did it take my food? Why did it take my food? I need that food."

Glitch took off after the small boar, got a few feet, before pivoting on the ball of his feet, and looked back at the two. He bent on the waist, bowing toward the two players.

"Thank you for your help," he said standing up and went back to pursuing the piglet.

I watch as the small Frenzy Boar run off with Glitch's beginner pack. "Idiot.. I'm coming." I dashed after Glitch, and the small Frenzy Boar. My hood flew off, as I dashed along side Glitch. My silver hair blocked my eyes from other players, and it still kept my identity safe from others. The small Frenzy Boar ran quick, for just a small monster. "That's it. I'm cooking this thing." I said, as I dashed faster towards it.

The small Frenzy Boar trailed off into the forest, and I stopped in front of it. "This must be the bad feeling I was talking about." I said to Glitch, as I walk into the forest. I quickly equipped Fury's Echo, and heard a loud roar from a distance. "Tch.. I guess there's no going back." I said, as I dashed into the shadows.

"Don't be cruel, maybe it just wanted... my food." Glitch whined, his arms pumping to push him quicker. He stopped running when Shiro did. He bent over, hands clasping his knees, chest rising and falling with every breath. He really did hate running. It seemed like he was doing that a lot more here than at any other point in his life. What a drag.

Glitch looked at the small boar run off. Regaining his breath, he equipped his own weapon -- not as fancy as his acquaintances -- and followed after the silver-haired player.

"Bad feeling? It's just a small pi--" his voice was cut off by a roar that echoed all around them. His face paled at the sound. It didn't sound far away, but looking around gave him no results. He couldn't see anything that was able to produce that sound. The area itself looked like it was void of any wildlife.

Glitch looked in Shiro's direction, nodded his head, and copied him. He dived into the shadows too in hopes to not draw attention to himself. Who knew where that noise came from? Or what it came from?

Ethereal walked through the forest, noticing two players hiding in the trees with his <> skill. He walked past, visor of his helmet obscuring his eyes so it appeared like he didn't see them. He drew the massive serrated greatsword from across his back as he paced through the thick undergrowth, towards the sound of his prey. It had been months since he had last killed a dragon so he needed to practice on some grunts before going back on the lizard hunts.

When the little boar ran away, Glitch and the other boy took off running. I sighed and slowly got off the rock I was sitting on. They probably weren't that far ahead, maybe they stopped. I thought while starting to run. By the time I could hear rustles around me I was in a full sprint. I heard an ear busting roar that seemed very close to my location but I didn't know which direction it was coming from. I pulled out my sword and squinted in every direction. I heard another loud noise, closer than before, and knew what direction it was come from. I ran towards it with my sword ready.

The clanking of some heavy metal armor goes off in the distance. A man draws near that some would know and others not so much. I stepped into this small little clearing with these young new players, in the middle of the forest and i listened in to their conversation.

You all seem WAY too comfortable out here, dont you know its dangerous to stand in unfamiliar, non-safe zones. i spoke monotonically to them

Unless your entire plan was to die...then go ahead and stay here i continued to speak.

I looked over and noticed that May was one of the players out here. Had i known she was here maybe i wouldnt have said what i did, but as of right now, it would be their own fault if they died.

The creatures out here are pretty weak, but the players that roam around here...not so much i spoke to them monotonically not sure how they would feel about my cursor anymore

As she entered the area she saw Ethereal, Mayonaka, Ryujin who she saw when traveling on the 8th floor before, and Echo. She looked at them and continued closer hoping not to startle them. "They're not going to die." She spoke as she heard Ryu's voice. A slight grin on her face as she approached. She knew all of them well, accept Ryu. She would atleast attempt to protect them out here if they were in danger.

I look stop, when I saw the Small Boar. I start to spin my sword in a circular motion, and squat down. "Now.. Who's hungry for some bacon?" I ask the two, as the arrive moments after. Suddenly, a loud roar starts to approach us. I stop my sword, and place it on my shoulder. From a distance, it was a large figure. "Brace yourselves. We might be fighting something bigger than we've expected." I said, as I took a hold an offensive position. The Small Boar oink'd at the three of us, and dash towards the large figure. "And there goes your items." I said to Glitch, with a unsuccessful look on my face.

I took off my hood, and expose my face to the two players. "My name is Echo, and I'll be here to take back those items it stole from you." I said to him. I look over at Mayonaka, "Sorry for not telling you it was me earlier." I said to her, as I quickly look away. The large figure approach us, and when I took a look at the thing. It was a Giant Frenzy Boar, and it looks like we've disturbed its home. "No time to chat, let's rock!" I said, dashing at the Giant Frenzy Boar.

Party:

Echo [33/33 HP]

Glitch [12/12 HP]

Mayonaka [19/19 HP]

Enemy:

Giant Frenzy Boar [35/35 HP]

[OOC]

[EDIT]

Ether turned as his interest was piqued by an abnormal amount of activity where the two boys had been. He let his two-handed sword's tip touch the ground as he turned his head sideways, towards the commotion. Upon seeing Ruri he moved to join the group, but just as he was about to join them the silver-haired boy turned and ran off. "Hi Ruri." he said cautiously, wondering who these people were. "Your friends?" he questioned, voice emanating from his draconic armor.