[PP-F4] The Snowflake

The harsh snow upon her head as the bluenette shuffled through the cold weather. "Where could she be?" The bluenette thought as she continued to pace around the village hoping at some point she'd be accompanied by a girl around the age of 20. One she'd heard a lot about her from Keith and Miaki over PM. She wanted to meet the similar girl. Wanted to talk to her. Perhaps fight with her. Become a duo of friends. Hoping to ally with the girl and hoping to be understood to be a nice girl. Not some orange person wanting to kill her. But she wanted to only make friends. Ruri was always misunderstood. She only hoped to soon have a change of pace. And to become understood in the world. She could only hope to be more understood in life as she became more and more well known in the world of Aincrad. Beginning to open up to new players. And to help them.

As she once more circled the city. She flopped over. Beginning to move her hands and feet to a small rhythm and humming a small tune. She usually liked to do this and could only hope that she wouldn't get in trouble or be yelled at for doing so. She loved to play in the snow because in sweden she always saw snow, but was told not to go out and play around in it with her friends. All she could do was stay inside by the warm fireplace. Even in japan she could only stay inside when it was snowing. Though in Aincrad she was able to play all she wanted in the wet, fluffy and cold snow. It was an amazing feeling to be free. And she seemed to love it. A smile remained on her face as she continued to make an angely figure.

✿ Tune

♦ Snow Angel

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A harsh weather upon the ground, snow falling at a tremendous rate, something Hikari always liked about this floor, cold and homely, she felt at peace here. The ground was white, just as always, even to the exit of the third floor dungeon, teleportation crystals were expensive and money was running short the last couple of days. Her purpose of being in this winter wonderland was but a girl, one that she had always wanted to meet, that she always watched from afar. It was a short walk to the city, Snowfrost town, the agreed upon meeting place. her coat protecting her chest and guard protecting her right arm, Hikari could say those places were pretty warm, she'd just come from a tropical floor, after all; her left arm, however, was shafted; having a sleeveless coat was fine on warm floors but this one was completely ridiculous.

Her left side freezing and the rest of her fine, Hikari looked around the entrance for an orange player, as she knew the girl was, trying to distinguish white from blue. Her eyes fell upon a light blue figure laying in the snow, waving its limbs and creating a snow angel. "Hey!" Shouting out to the girl while walking towards her, Hikari immediately introduced herself. "I'm Hikari, it's nice to meet you, Ruri." Standing above the girl, Hikari looked at her face with a smile, her attitude towards her coming from she being a friend of Miaki's and Keith's, as well as Hikari already knowing what she as like.

Seeing the figure before her eyes she was amazed that it was real. "Hikariiiiii!" She giggled with a grin before hugging the figure automatically hoping to have a fun and amazing time with her. For she knew that Hikari might know her a bit, but she wanted to realistically learn about her. The bits and edges to make her less mysterious then who she really was at the moment. Thus the reason she PMed Hikari to meet somewhere and to decide on adventuring a bit with her. She hoped to make the most of each and every one of her friends, to make sure she knew every last bit there is to know about them. Attempting to make more realistic reality come into the game.

"Nice to meet you!" She smiled again with a small giggly tone. Glad that she could meet the girl that she'd heard so much about. She hoped to always remember her, and to befriend her soon enough. Hoping that she could be her best friend. And hoping to learn more about her as their friendship maintained over a long amount of time. Hoping that she'd get used to the girl quickly. And hoping to be accepted by Hikari.

[OOC- Sorry for the smaller post T-T]

Giving a loud yelp at the sudden hug, Hikari jumped a bit before realizing what was happening. "You really are as cheerful as they say..." Getting up from the snowy ground, Hikari pushed Ruri away just a tiny bit, careful not to break the hug, before speaking to her. "I've seen you a lot around the floors, I never imagined I would actually party with you before, though..." Hikari gave her a light smile, she really did admire Ruri. Patting her head, Hikari asked her something else. "S-so, what do you wanna do today?" Giving a slight shy tone to this question, Hikari's low-toned voice was heard almost as a whisper, though still loud enough for the bluenette to hear.

Being pushed away she was thinking that she was a little overwhelming to the poor shy female. Slowly breaking the hug she grinned up at her. "There are multiple of a variety of things to do in floor 4... Make snow angels, create miniature snowmen or even watch the snowflakes and chase after them." She smiled before putting her hand out and a snowflake landed it perfectly-timed. As it melted in her hand. Looking down at it she smiled upon the snamm melting snow flake. She'd never forget the previous times she had in the fourth floor. Dancing and smiling at the small snowflakes that would flutter around her. She never had days like this in the real world. In the real world she would only be told to never go outside in the cold. As she never really got to feel or touch the snowflakes. She could only hope one day she would find out what the soft cold fluttering figures would feel like. Wet? Cold? Soft? She never really knew until she came into Aincrad, even if it was only virtual. It would be something she wouldn't forget. Even in a virtual world.

Watching Ruri's demonstration made Hikari a little bit confused. "You don't wanna grind or anything, that's a surprise... Oh well, I'd love to relax a bit, it's not everyday I can do it and besides, the ninth floor boss is open now so I won't get another chance 'til that's done with..." Relaxing a bit, Hikari lied down on the snow, waiting for Ruri to join her. "What are you waiting for? Let's just relax today, then." Giving Ruri a radiant smile, Hikari's sliver hair camouflaged completely into the snow as she waved her limbs much in the same way Ruri was doing before. Giving a hearty laugh, Hikari called out to Ruri again. "Come on! Let's make snow angels today, I betcha I can make one that's bigger than yours!" Again flashing a smile at Ruri, Hikari closed her eyes and simply waved her limbs around to create another snow angel.

"I'm a bit tired of fighting.." She spoke before seeing Hikari land on the ground and start to wave her limbs around. Smiling at the figure, she did the same as she landed on the ground she started to flail around her limbs before rolling around in the snow. A snowflake landing on her nose before she rolled over and god completely covered in snow. Giggling a bit as her short blue hair was now a snow-white color. As she stood up, looking like some sort of yeti as the standing cold statue flopped onto the ground once more. Her energetic self rolling around once again not really wanting to win the snow angel competition anymore.

Watching Ruri roll around made Hikari kind of want to do the same. Sitting up, Hikari retracted her knees back and hugged them as she turned to Ruri, giving a smile to her. "Is that all you wanna do? It looks fun. Hey, do you wanna meet my familiar?" Snapping her fingers, Hikari called her wolf, who appeared from beneath the snow, having been covered in it while waiting for Hikari. "Ruri, meet Shiranui." Giving him a scratch behind his ears, the wolf was now as tall as Hikari was seated. The icy blue rosary chain around his neck and the crimson markings on him made him look like a divine being, though he still had sleep in his deep azure eyes. Lazily, Shiranui walked over to Ruri, and gave her a lick on her cheek.

She saw the sudden appearance of the familiar she gasped. "Whoa..." She spoke before feeling the warmth of the familiar's tongue against her face. Giggling at the familiar she patted down the fur, the soft strokes of her hand against the familiar's soft fur. "Shiranui-- can I call you Shino?" She asked the familiar with her <> Skill even if she wasn't that good at it she managed to make the message through to him. A smile on her face as she looked at the soft familiar which had been making a majestic appearance from the snow. Seeing her dark furred wolf pup running towards her from the distance she gasped once more. Seeing the dark furred wolf pup trot towards her she grinned knowing who it was. "Kanyyaa!" She cheerfully spoke before hugging her newly arrived familiar. Her soft glimmering fur rubbing against Ruri as she looked at it. The moon coming up above them. Even if it was sunset when the two had met the moon had appeared fairly quickly. As the Familiar jumped up, Ruri had chased the small dark grey figure. "I'm gonna get youuu!" She spoke before circling the two while chasing Kanya.

Watching the pair run around, the owner chasing the familiar, Hikari's smile widened as she called Shiranui to her side. "Ammy, mode change, Solar Flare!" Hearing those words, Shiranui's back arched as he gave a loud howl to the moon, a mane of fire appearing on his back.

240px-Solar_Flare.jpg

The warm mirror felt great on Hikari's front, acting as a bonfire, it melted the snow around it, creating a soft patch of ground where one could sit. "Hey, Ruri, sit down here next to me, the fire feels great!" Scooting over a bit to the side, Hikari waited for Ruri and Kanya to sit down next to her, a smile still on her face.

Fujiwara_no_Mokou_by_lovemii.jpg

banner15-630x150.jpg

Seeing the majestic wolf suddenly 'change mode' she stared in awe at the beautiful creature as her jaw dropped. "Whoa...." She spoke as she continued to stare in awe before she felt the familiar soft fur move on her legs. Deciding to sit next to Hikari, she flashed a smile over to her as the small wolf pup sat near her. "I hope so far you don't much care of my 'over cheerfulness' as some people call it.." She spoke before turning her head to face Hikari a light blush on her cheeks as she hoped she hadn't embarrassed herself, which she completely DID. The beautiful night painted the sky along with make little white dots in the distance that looked like small stars from the place they were. She smiled as she feel back now laying on the snow and looking at the night sky twinkle.

The fire felt great in front of her and Ruri's face staring into it made Hikari smile even more. "I don't mind that you're cheerful, I like it." Noticing Ruri blush and turn her face away made Hikari blush a little bit as well. Her mind now empty of everything bad, Hikari just lied down next to Ruri and called Shiranui over to her feet. "The stars look beautiful today..." She really didn't have anything else to say, she just really liked being there with Ruri, looking at the stars and not thinking of anything... it was peaceful and Hikari loved it. She closed her eyes for a bit, still with a smile on her face.

She nodded to what Hikari said, "I could wholeheartedly agree..." She spoke as she looked over to Hikari. She wasn't sure what to do yet she somewhat wanted to go to sleep. "Do you think it's safe-- to sleep out here under the stars like this? Out of the safe zone and all..?" She asked a bit sleepy from the playing once they met in game. Though she hadn't met anyone so unemotional as this before. Some had been grumpy, some sad, and some even as cheerful as herself. but this one-- seemed different somehow. Someone who shown almost no emotion to her was a bit strange. But she seemed friendly anyway. So 'why not?' she'd always quote in her head as she saw a new person and greeted them or just hugged them randomly. She was mainly glad that she'd accomplished one of her main goals today. That was greeting Hikari. Someone she'd never known until now. and now she was glad that she met the unusual girl herself, Hikari.

Hearing the bluenette worried prompted Hikari to respond simply. "I don't wanna sleep her, I'm just a tad bit tired..." A tinge of sleepiness in her voice, Hikari got up and gave a yawn. "Wanna go back to town?" She asked this of the bluenette, who seemed to be lost in thought. She liked this girl already, even though they just met, Hikari felt like she needed to protect her, be by her side. Sitting down beside her, Hikari looked at Ruri, still laying on the ground, and then to Kanya, calling her to her lap. Kanya came immediately, lying on her lap. Petting Kanya and looking at Shiranui, Hikari noticed both were asleep by now, so she shook Ruri a little bit, calling out to her in a low voice. "Oi, Ruri, you awake?" Continuing shaking her gently, Hikari awaited her response.

Being asleep and thinking about random things like giant potato birds or fish humans, being awaken by the shaking as her hair was all messed up by then as she put her cozy blue jacket around her shoulders she sat up. "Aye... But.. I'm tired.." She spoke in a sleepy voice hoping that she wouldn't fall asleep again any time soon. Though she had been to the 4th floor thousands of times while sleeping she seemed to forget the way to the nearest town. Not sure where they really where anymore she turned. "Where... are we..." She asked seeing multiple piles of snow around them and some sort of blizzard whipping up as snowflakes and multiple high winds.

Seeing the blizzard approaching, Hikari switched her coat for the one she got with Miaki, a winter coat with long sleeves and pelt inside, making it very warm. "Are you warm? That storm looks like it could freeze anything..." Pulling the coat's hood over her head, Hikari notified Shiranui to keep Solar Flare on to provide more warmth. "C'mere." Taking Ruri's hand in her own, Hikari picked up Kanya as well. "We need to get back to Snowfrost... Follow close, okay?" Trying to keep Ruri safe, Hikari started walking out into the blizzard towards where she thought the town would be, using Shiranui's Solar Flare to keep visibility to a maximum. "Agh... dang it... try not to fall asleep, okay Ruri?" Noticing the bluenette's eyes flicker, Hikari had no other choice. "Kanya, drop off for just a second... Here we go..." Picking up Ruri in her arms, Hikari signaled Shiranui to keep Kanya on top of him so she'd be safe as Solar Flare didn't actually burn until it was activated. "Okay, this should do, I'm nowhere near sleepy enough... Just hold on a bit longer, alright, Ruri?" Noticing the weight difference between Kanya and Ruri, Hikari's steps became a little slower but just as solid, being determined to get to the city.

"Yeah.. I'm warm enough." She spoke softly before activating her <> skill. Feeling the warmth of her hand as she began to walk along the snowy path. Though after some time she fell asleep, being lifted onto Hikari's arms and being held there. The small wolf pup being put on the back of Shiranui. Hearing Hikari's voice in her dream she managed to say, "I'll try-- Hikari-chan.." As she went back to being a bit drowsy hoping she wouldn't slow down Hikari much by her weight. Not wanting to be bothersome to her friend. Yet she wanted to continue the adventure, she felt as though she wasn't up for it. A tired soul. Someone who felt that they could sleep for a million years.

The walk took longer than expected by Hikari, but Solar Flare managed to wind up enough heat for all, having Hikari reach the town after about two hours of walking in the deep snow and facing the blizzard. Her coat kept her warm enough and she made sure to share that heat with Ruri, who had already fallen fast asleep in her arms. "Ugh... just a little bit longer." The gates to Snowfrost were already in sight, a smile crept up Hikari's face. "Just a bit more, Ruri." Braving the fierce blizzard one last time, Hikari stepped onto the city, still carrying Ruri in her arms. Hikari rushed to the inn, not caring about the looks she'd get from carrying a girl, and rented a room for the night in a hurried tone, Shiranui and Kanya, now off his back, running with her the entire time. Setting Ruri down on the bed, Hikari let herself fall to the couch while taking off her wet coat. "Phew... we made it..." A full smile now on her face, Hikari let her eyelids drop and her eyes close after confirming both familiars were in the room and lying down, careful not to fall asleep on the couch.

As she entered the Inn room in Hikari's arms she sneezes and covers her face with the palms of her hands. An effect on her from the snow and harsh blizzard outside. "Aa--chu!" She spoke as she covered her face. "AA--Achuu..." She sneezed again as she checked her status, one she'd seen before when traveling with Keith. The pop up icon appeared suddenly. The sickness had been horrible. Something that had made her go crazy killing a mob with her brother. "Oh not this again..." She spoke as she got another sneeze. "A---Achuu!" She wasn't quite sure how she suddenly got it, but she didn't want to be a nuisance to Hikari. "S--Sorry about this-- Hikari.." She spoke softly as she managed to scramble to her feet on the floor. Looking towards Hikari and hoping that she'd be taken care of soon.

<> Sickness acquired.

All Skill efficiency has been dropped by 15%.

Ruri's condition seemed extremely bad, this was no time to be lying around sleeping. "Oh no... what's wrong, can you tell me the effect?" Looking as Ruri showed her its definition, Hikari immediately said to Ruri. "You really should get out of those wet clothes, you know? Here, I have my coat here, I'll take it off since it's warmer here." Unequipping the coat and trading it to Ruri, Hikari turned her head away so Ruri could change. "Y-y'know... I heard a rumor that thanks to a glitch, if you put unequip your gear when it's wet and store it in your inventory, when you equip it again, it's dry!" Sounding a bit nervous, Hikari already knew long since she swung the other way when it came to love, so peeking on Ruri was a no-go. Simply waiting for the bluenette to finish, Hikari sat down on the warm carpet, looking away from her.