Upcoming Profession Changes [FEEDBACK WANTED]

The GM team is currently reviewing the crafting and profession system. Specifically; The Performer, Cook, Merchant and Fishing professions. With this in mind, there still may be some changes to the others. That means now is the perfect time to come forth with any ideas, suggestions, gripes or complaints you may have with the current system.

We're looking forward to receive your feedback! :geek:

cookglort_nt.png

For initial ideas and concepts see: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4506

COOK:

I think that for the cook profession there should be a section that tells us (the players) where to get the ingredients. Also it should give us a list of what we can kill, grow, and sell as a cook. Going off of that cooks should be able to open up a cafe of some sort to earn col and show off their skills. This could also create jobs like waitress and stuff. (Just being ambitious!! XD)

COOK:

I think that for the cook profession there should be a section that tells us (the players) where to get the ingredients. Also it should give us a list of what we can kill, grow, and sell as a cook. Going off of that cooks should be able to open up a cafe of some sort to earn col and show off their skills. This could also create jobs like waitress and stuff. (Just being ambitious!! XD)

For the performer profession I think that, based on what you do, you should be able to perform and stage concerts, plays, etc. Using the dice of course.

Though I am probably not going to respond to individual ideas or concepts, but rather take everything in to account posted here at the end. I will add that Cooks, Performers and all professions will have a means for selling their crafts or productions.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Overall:

Fishing seems a bit redundant with Cooking available unless it is not another way to gather fish for food, since the fish will have to be useful somehow. I understand that every profession will have a means of selling their crafts, but will people go out and actually buy them, without a clear incentive/buff.

Performer: Always thought this class seemed strange. But none the less, I figure we should alter it to where they can do status effects on monsters like for instance : Dance of Divine: Inflicts slow status on the mob. Or Dance of Fury: Increases ATK by 1.l to a fellow player. That's what I think. It's a profession, yes but it honestly doesn't strike me as something you could craft with or sell other than services in a battle.

Cooking : This..is odd. Cooking should have things thst increase battle ATK, battle Def , hp regeneration. Those consumables would be nice and easy to make with our crafting dice.

Fishing? That seems..like you could fish up powerful monsters but that's it.. A bit under rated.

Performer: Always thought this class seemed strange. But none the less, I figure we should alter it to where they can do status effects on monsters like for instance : Dance of Divine: Inflicts slow status on the mob. Or Dance of Fury: Increases ATK by 1.l to a fellow player. That's what I think. It's a profession, yes but it honestly doesn't strike me as something you could craft with or sell other than services in a battle.

Cooking : This..is odd. Cooking should have things thst increase battle ATK, battle Def , hp regeneration. Those consumables would be nice and easy to make with our crafting dice.

Fishing? That seems..like you could fish up powerful monsters but that's it.. A bit under rated.

Fishing should be thrown out the window and be incorporated into cooking or Alchemy, as both professions require ingredients like that, per say a Achemist needs a Gillmen goo slime or a Deep Sea King Tooth, a fisher man would have to get the monster out of the water and then battle, if not then you S.O.L, because alot of ingredients require organic components.

"Cooking/Fishing"

I think that instead of fishing being a skill it should be something like a quest. This will allow people to still fish without having to rank it up. Fishing should be based on a loot dice weather you catch the fish or not! I have to agree though that cooking and fishing should go together in someway seeing that they both are dealing with food!

I'm afraid your wrong. Fishes can be sold to a cook for money. If you make it so all the good quality food has to include fish, that gives fisher men money(col) and plus fishers get to fight pic water monsters. I'm jealous. But you see what I mean?

I'm afraid your wrong. Fishes can be sold to a cook for money. If you make it so all the good quality food has to include fish, that gives fisher men money(col) and plus fishers get to fight pic water monsters. I'm jealous. But you see what I mean?

Actually Or'ell, she never mentioned anything about getting COL from it or fighting 'epic* water monsters'. if you hadn't seen, this is what it said:

For starters I would add fishing as an ability of the cook and not a separate skill. This allows the cook to fish for mats in addition to other means for their trade. I have not seen a fishing system at all, so I assume it still needs to be created.
(I for one also agree with Kiluia)

Actually Or'ell, she never mentioned anything about getting COL from it or fighting 'epic* water monsters'. if you hadn't seen, this is what it said:

(I for one also agree with Kiluia)

Incorrect again, Ruri. I was going off what the craftingtutorial said how fishing is the only profession that can fight and ring epic water monsters.